+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 6 9 LastLast

Thread: Beirut: Many dead after huge explosion in Lebanese capital

1. Link to Post #101
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: Beirut: Many dead after huge explosion in Lebanese capital

Quote By the way, did you not see the real unedited version of this video in this Forum Thread?
    There are so many videos here. Would you mind telling which post it's in?

2. Link to Post #102
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by DaveToo (here)
    If it walks like a nuke, talks like a nuke, and quacks like a nuke,
    it's ammonium nitrate!
    Problem is that it doesn't quack like a nuke

It lacks the basic stuff, the cloud is not nuclear cloud, the videos taken from very close continue to record even after the blast, something impossible with a nuclear bomb, of whatever kind it was

So it would be reversed, question would be, how come a person two blocks from the main explosion can keep recording? After a nuclear blast? It's not possible, they would not exist at all. And neither the cameras would, and the flash would be instant, yet cameras kept recording after, impossible (even if owners were turned into dust, because absolutely no one could survive a nuclear blast at 100 meters of the ground zero)

Yet we see here the total opposite Deja Vu by the way :D xi xi

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1371069
    Last edited by Mashika; 8th August 2020 at 06:43.
    Tired

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Baby Steps (8th August 2020), justntime2learn (9th August 2020), Kryztian (10th August 2020), silvanelf (8th August 2020), Tintin (10th August 2020)

4. Link to Post #103
    Thanks

What does everybody think of this?
    https://engforum.pravda.ru/index.php...rut/?p=2806268

5. Link to Post #104
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by Cosmored (here)
    What does everybody think of this?
    https://engforum.pravda.ru/index.php...rut/?p=2806268
    Ammunition explosion in Russia, second 20

Ammunition explosion in Ukraina

I think this is just an explosion due to the stuff they had on there. Yet nothing says someone did not go there and started it on the first place by hand, or placed a bomb so it would detonate the entire building and cause this issue at some point through the day
    Tired

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Gwin Ru (8th August 2020), Ivanhoe (8th August 2020), justntime2learn (9th August 2020), OmeyocaN777 (8th August 2020), palehorse (8th August 2020), Sarah Rainsong (8th August 2020), silvanelf (8th August 2020), Tintin (10th August 2020)

7. Link to Post #105
    Thanks

This is a fertilizer explosion.

Texas Fertilizer Plant Explosion Caught on Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzDC3iKbTzY

It looks pretty similar to the Beirut explosion.

edit
    ------------------------

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_T...jin%2C%20China.

Tianjin Explosion Video & Photo Compilation Stabilized HD 12 04 2015 China
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUtrkfLKyFE
    Last edited by Cosmored; 8th August 2020 at 07:48.

8. Link to Post #106
    Thanks

Check out this article. It contains the video.
    https://thewashingtonsentinel.com/mi...HgOwqnTmX_YQes

(excerpt)
    -----------------------------
    (The explosion, as filmed from a boat with inverted colors out on the port waters, is amazing. Watch missile come in on first and second view angle from top left. Note there is controversy over this video, we leave it to the viewer to make their own judgement as to a nuke, no nuke, missile, or no missile.
    ---------------------------

Would the inverted colors explain it?
    Last edited by Cosmored; 8th August 2020 at 09:25.

9. Link to Post #107
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,745 times in 4,372 posts

Check out this article. It contains the video.
    https://thewashingtonsentinel.com/mi...HgOwqnTmX_YQes

(excerpt)
    -----------------------------
    (The explosion, as filmed from a boat with inverted colors out on the port waters, is amazing. Watch missile come in on first and second view angle from top left. Note there is controversy over this video, we leave it to the viewer to make their own judgement as to a nuke, no nuke, missile, or no missile.
    ---------------------------

Would the inverted colors explain it?
    At least they got the color inversion right (Gordon Duff repeats it as being an "infrared" video... (he, of all people, should know what an infrared video should look like!) but one wonders what a car is doing parked on water... ?
    Last edited by Gwin Ru; 8th August 2020 at 14:52.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

palehorse (8th August 2020), Tintin (10th August 2020)

11. Link to Post #108
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,187 times in 32,903 posts

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Franny (8th August 2020), Gwin Ru (8th August 2020), justntime2learn (9th August 2020), kudzy (8th August 2020), OmeyocaN777 (8th August 2020), palehorse (8th August 2020), silvanelf (8th August 2020), Tintin (10th August 2020), Yoda (8th August 2020)

13. Link to Post #109
    Thanks

And let's do some math.

A missile would be traveling at 500 mph (at least). But let's assume that. 500 mph = 733 feet per second.

In a video, let's assume a frame rate of 30 frames per second. So in one frame capture, the missile would be moving 733/30 feet. That's nearly 25 feet. (And it might be much more than that, with a faster "missile" speed.)

It's like trying to film a bullet. Don't you think the still-frame image would be just a little blurred?

I'd suggest we might talk about the long-suffering people of Beirut.

14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Eric J (Viking) (8th August 2020), gord (9th August 2020), Gwin Ru (8th August 2020), Harmony (8th August 2020), Ivanhoe (8th August 2020), justntime2learn (9th August 2020), Kryztian (10th August 2020), kudzy (8th August 2020), OmeyocaN777 (8th August 2020), palehorse (8th August 2020), Sarah Rainsong (8th August 2020), silvanelf (8th August 2020), Tintin (10th August 2020), Yoda (8th August 2020)

15. Link to Post #110
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

One more thing about an explosive blast and its waves:
    If one pays attention to the glass windows and to the bride's gown and veil, one can see that, at first they go one way (compression wave = the push) then to the opposite direction (vacuum wave = the pull back towards the blast site). That's what caused the most damages to windows, walls and buildings, a quick push-pull vibration (same with earthquakes but in slower motion). However, prior to the blast waves, the couple seem to "hear" something in the air that's very worrying...

As for those two, I wish them to be able to enjoy their honeymoon...

Here is the mixed results of air + ground blast/waves on buildings (better seen on a frame-by-frame sequence where one can see it coming):

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

avid (8th August 2020), Bill Ryan (8th August 2020), Franny (8th August 2020), Gracy (8th August 2020), Harmony (8th August 2020), justntime2learn (9th August 2020), palehorse (8th August 2020), silvanelf (8th August 2020), Tintin (10th August 2020)

17. Link to Post #111
    Thanks

From https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/04/middleeast/resident-beirut-blast-scenes-intl/index.html

"We have nothing left"

5 August, 2020

Beirut's residents describe apocalyptic scenes after explosion rocks city

When an explosion tore through the Lebanese capital on Tuesday afternoon, it wreaked havoc on nearly all of Beirut's quarters.

Buildings as far away as 10 kilometers from the site of the explosion were damaged. Shards of glass filled the thoroughfares, and street lights were extinguished by its force. The blast registered as a 3.3 magnitude earthquake, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

At least 78 people were killed and more than 4,000 wounded, the health minister told Reuters, and the city's residents rushed to hospitals to donate blood.

"I was on the veranda when the entire neighborhood shook left and right," Bane Fakih, a filmmaker who lives on the western tip of the city, told CNN. "It was very intense. I've never felt fear like this."

Sirens screamed as ambulances rushed to collect the injured, many of whom were climbing out of the rubble of their homes.

The blast at Beirut's port formed a mushroom cloud and could be heard in the city's furthest outskirts. A giant red cloud hung over the capital as the city's residents -- around 4 million people -- began to uncover the scale of the damage to their houses, sought treatment for their wounds and frantically called their loved ones to see if they were safe.

"Beirut port is totally destroyed," eyewitness Bachar Ghattas told CNN, describing the unfolding scene as something akin to "an apocalypse."

"It is very, very frightening what is happening right now and people are freaking out," he said. "The emergency services are overwhelmed."

There were conflicting reports on what caused the explosion, which was initially blamed on a major fire at a warehouse for firecrackers near the port. The director of the general security directorate later said the blast was caused by confiscated "high explosive materials," but did not provide further details.

CNN's Ben Wedeman reported that authorities think a large amount of ammonium nitrate seized from a ship in 2013 or 2014 may have caused the blast.

The harrowing scenes come after nearly a year of economic and political turmoil that has plunged Lebanon into uncertainty and, according to many experts, brought it to the brink of collapse. Poverty soared to over 50% and scenes of people scavenging garbage dumps for basic necessities have become commonplace.

Young people who just months ago staged a popular uprising against the country's political class, widely accused of corruption, desperately searched for a silver lining.
    "I've never seen Beirut like this before. Beirut today looks like our hearts," said activist Maya Ammar. "We have nothing left. Just when we thought it couldn't get worse, it did."

"My family and my loved ones are asking me to go back home because they don't want me to breathe any toxins ... but I can't go back home. I have friends who have lost their homes," she added. "Their homes were completely destroyed. I have to go and help them."

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Eric J (Viking) (8th August 2020), Gwin Ru (8th August 2020), Ivanhoe (8th August 2020), justntime2learn (9th August 2020), Kryztian (10th August 2020), kudzy (9th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (9th August 2020), silvanelf (8th August 2020), Tintin (10th August 2020), Yoda (8th August 2020)

19. Link to Post #112
    Thanks

Here's something I just came across.
    https://www.voltairenet.org/article210679.html

I really don't know what to think yet. I'm just putting everything on the table so that it can be sorted out.

edit
    ----------------------------

Now I just came across something that explains the above. Start watching at the 3:06 time mark.

BIGGEST EXPLOSIONS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdHRX7iIAQs
    Last edited by Cosmored; 8th August 2020 at 20:56.

20. Link to Post #113
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,203 times in 3,110 posts

I really don't know what to think yet. I'm just putting everything on the table so that it can be sorted out.
    Interesting article Cosmo... Wonder if we can find any more to substantiate the story.

Viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

21. Link to Post #114
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by viking (here)

Interesting article Cosmo... Wonder if we can find any more to substantiate the story.

Viking
    Well, thanks guys... short memory? Attention span? Interest in the thread? Anyway, check this post: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1370958

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th August 2020), Ivanhoe (8th August 2020), Tintin (10th August 2020)

23. Link to Post #115
    Thanks

Greetings Gwin Ru

This is from your post.
    Quote The smoke mushroom observed in Beirut has nothing to do with what would have been caused by a conventional explosive.
    What to you think of the explanation for the smoke mushroom given at the 3:06 time mark of this video?

BIGGEST EXPLOSIONS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdHRX7iIAQs

At first I was pretty sure the missile was real but now I'm kind of leaning toward the idea that it was photoshopped. I'm still not one hundred percent sure though.

24. Link to Post #116
    Thanks

At first I was pretty sure the missile was real but now I'm kind of leaning toward the idea that it was photoshopped. I'm still not one hundred percent sure though.
    Well, you should be 100% sure!

You can't take a clear, non-blurred photo with a smartphone (or a video with clear, non-blurred 1/30 sec frames) of something traveling at over 500 mph... especially when you weren't expecting the thing to appear.

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Akasha (11th August 2020), Gwin Ru (8th August 2020), Ivanhoe (8th August 2020), justntime2learn (9th August 2020), kudzy (9th August 2020), silvanelf (8th August 2020), Tintin (10th August 2020), Yoda (8th August 2020)

26. Link to Post #117
    Thanks

From https://bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-53704998, just an hour ago:

Beirut explosion: Angry protesters storm government ministries

Protesters in Beirut have stormed government ministries during a fresh demonstration over Tuesday's huge explosion that left at least 158 dead.

Several thousand people took to the streets protesting. Police have fired tear gas at stone-throwing demonstrators.
    Sounds of gunfire have also been heard from central Martyrs' Square.

In a televised address, Lebanese PM Hassan Diab said he would ask for early elections as a way out of the crisis.

"We can't exit the country's structural crisis without holding early parliamentary elections," he said. The issue will be discussed in cabinet on Monday.

Many Lebanese are furious at the failure to prevent the explosion at a warehouse storing over 2,000 tonnes of ammonium nitrate.

The material had been seized from a ship six years ago but never moved. The government has promised to find those responsible.

The blast at the port devastated parts of the city and has deepened distrust of what many had already seen as an inept and corrupt political class.

An anti-government protest movement erupted last October, fuelled by an economic crisis and a collapsing currency.

What is happening at the ministries?

Dozens of protesters stormed government ministries and the headquarters of the country's banking association.

The raids started after a group of people chanting anti-government slogans and burning a portrait of President Michel Aoun entered the foreign ministry and called for all ministries to be occupied.

"We have it. It's all ours. The police is outside the gate. They could not stop us," one of the protesters, who identified herself as Rebecca, told the BBC's Newshour.

The protesters at the foreign ministry - at least 100 - included retired army officers. Entry to the building was said to be easy as it had been damaged by Tuesday's explosion.

Media reports said the army drove the original group of protesters out of the foreign ministry several hours later, but other buildings remained occupied.

TV footage showed protesters breaking into the energy and economy ministries.

Soldiers were also seen patrolling the streets in vehicles mounted with machine guns.

What else has been happening?

Crowds estimated at between 5,000 and 10,000 gathered for the protest on Saturday, including a march from one of the most devastated areas near the port to Martyrs' Square.

Skirmishes with the police began early on. Some protesters hurled rocks and sticks, and the police responded with tear gas and rubber bullets. There were flashpoints at barricades designed to prevent demonstrators reaching parliament.

Police confirmed to Reuters news agency that live ammunition had been fired in central Beirut, though it is not clear who fired.

A police officer is confirmed to have died during the protests. He fell into the lift-shaft of a hotel, reportedly after being chased there by protesters.

The local Red Cross said it treated 117 injured people at the scene. Another 55 were taken to hospital.

As the protests got under way, mock gallows were erected in Martyrs' Square to hammer home the demonstrators' view of the country's political leaders

Apart from showing the city's anger, the march was also meant to remember victims of the explosion, which injured 6,000, according to the latest update. Around 300,000 people are homeless.

Image caption Dozens of protesters entered the foreign ministry in Beirut UN agencies have warned of a humanitarian crisis in Lebanon, including possible food shortages and an inability to continue to fight the Covid-19 pandemic.

On Sunday world leaders are scheduled to take part in a virtual donor conference organised by French President Emmanuel Macron.

Many countries have already offered aid, including the UK, whose PM Boris Johnson spoke President Aoun on Saturday and conveyed the UK's "deepest sympathies to the Lebanese people", Downing Street said.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Gwin Ru (8th August 2020), kudzy (9th August 2020), silvanelf (8th August 2020), Tintin (10th August 2020), Yoda (8th August 2020)

28. Link to Post #118
    Thanks

Quote You can't take a clear, non-blurred photo with a smartphone (or a video with clear, non-blurred 1/30 sec frames) of something traveling at over 500 mph... especially when you weren't expecting the thing to appear.
    What about all those videos of jets breaking the sound barrier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9r5I8bBzEk

It seems that if you're far enough away, it can be filmed.

29. Link to Post #119
    Thanks

Quote You can't take a clear, non-blurred photo with a smartphone (or a video with clear, non-blurred 1/30 sec frames) of something traveling at over 500 mph... especially when you weren't expecting the thing to appear.
    What about all those videos of jets breaking the sound barrier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9r5I8bBzEk

It seems that if you're far enough away, it can be filmed.
    I doubt those were taken with an iPhone.

Read the BBC article I just posted above. With angry demonstrations against them, don't you think the Lebanese government would be really happy to blame some other country for an "attack"?

If they could actually do that, that would unify the people against some external agency other than themeslves. That's not happening.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Kryztian (10th August 2020), kudzy (9th August 2020), silvanelf (8th August 2020), Tintin (10th August 2020), Yoda (8th August 2020)

31. Link to Post #120
    Thanks

Quote Read the BBC article I just posted above. With angry demonstrations against them, don't you think the Lebanese government would be really happy to blame some other country for an "attack"?
    That's good circumstantial evidence but it's not conclusive proof. I'm not technical enough to opine on photography but it's probably possible to identify photoshopping in video. It's probably just a question of time until the experts tell us. It's hard for laymen to tell the experts that are working as sophists from the honest ones when high tech is being discussed though.

This guy is probably right.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1371006

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 6 9 LastLast