+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 10 12 LastLast

Thread: Food shortages are unavoidable now.

1. Link to Post #181
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,711 times in 2,086 posts

Default Re: Food shortages are unavoidable now.

Sure this is all engineered , that old saying Kissinger made" control money and control governments, CONTROL THE FOOD AND CONTROL THE PEOPLE ". My buddy from Sweden use to say " If you don't have these 3 things , you have a revolution 1) A bed to sleep in, 2) Food to eat 3) a warm place to take a number 2, . He always said that tongue and cheek but it has some merit. Now lets fast forward to Obamas " I want to fundamentally transform america ". He only lives 2 miles from the white house, he never left DC. With directives coming out of DC such as restricting fertilizer shipments, pumping money into the system where they are creating inflation and high prices of everything, it all has a trickle down effect and it is. Rahm Emanuel made the famous quote " never let a good crisis go to waste" . I know I bounced around to a bunch of different topics but they all intertwine. The one thing though that this entire movement has forgotten is people actually come together more as things get worse and the human spirit trumps all of these agendas.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (17th May 2022), Bill Ryan (17th May 2022), bluestflame (18th May 2022), Brigantia (19th May 2022), Ewan (17th May 2022), Franny (26th May 2022), gord (19th May 2022), Harmony (17th May 2022), justntime2learn (17th May 2022), lisalu (4th June 2022), mountain_jim (17th May 2022), onawah (19th May 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (18th May 2022)

3. Link to Post #182
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,636 times in 8,593 posts

https://twitter.com/WallStreetSilv/s...YJxlXjA4CsmdMg

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/wh...-out-of-diesel

Why the Northeast is quietly running out of diesel
    The East Coast sees record lows of diesel inventories

The East Coast of the U.S. is reporting its lowest seasonal diesel inventory on record. And some trucking companies appear spooked.

The East Coast typically stores around 62 million barrels of diesel during the month of May, according to Department of Energy data. But as of last Friday, that region of the U.S. is reporting under 52 million barrels.

The sharp increase of diesel prices has been a major stressor in America’s $800 billion trucking industry since the beginning of 2022. According to DOE figures, the price per gallon of diesel has reached record highs — a whopping $5.62 per gallon. It’s even higher on the East Coast at $5.90, up 63% from the beginning of this year.

When relief is coming isn’t yet clear, and experts say higher prices are the only way to attract more diesel into the Northeast.

“I wish I had some good news for the Northeast, but it’s bedlam,” Tom Kloza, global head of energy analysis at OPIS, told FreightWaves.

Everyday Americans don’t fill up their cars with diesel, but the fuel powers our nation’s agriculture, industrial and transportation networks. More expensive diesel means the price of everything is liable to increase. Trucks, trains, barges and the like consumed about 122 million gallons of diesel per day in 2020.

< more at link >

¤=[Post Update]=¤

https://resistthemainstream.org/goya...ource=telegram

Goya Foods CEO on Looming Food Crisis: ‘We Are on the Precipice of a Food Shortage’

Policies leading to a war on fossil fuel as well as the Russian invasion of Ukraine will contribute to a food crisis, according to Robert Unanue, President and CEO of Goya Foods. “We are on the precipice of food shortage.”

< more at link >
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Antagenet (4th June 2022), Bill Ryan (17th May 2022), bluestflame (18th May 2022), Brigantia (19th May 2022), Ewan (19th May 2022), Franny (26th May 2022), Harmony (17th May 2022), justntime2learn (17th May 2022), lisalu (4th June 2022), Matthew (19th May 2022), onevoice (18th May 2022), Sue (Ayt) (17th May 2022)

5. Link to Post #183
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,520 times in 32,788 posts

The latest from Christian Westbrook, the Ice Age Farmer. He doesn't post new videos all that often, so I do my best to share each one on this thread. He's one of the most intelligent and well-informed voices on this issue out there.

Source: https://www.bitchute.com/video/greg92h1o8Ad

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Antagenet (4th June 2022), bluestflame (19th May 2022), Brigantia (19th May 2022), Ewan (19th May 2022), Franny (26th May 2022), gord (19th May 2022), Gwin Ru (19th May 2022), Harmony (19th May 2022), I am B (19th May 2022), justntime2learn (19th May 2022), lisalu (4th June 2022), Matthew (19th May 2022), Miller (19th May 2022), onawah (19th May 2022), palehorse (19th May 2022), Sue (Ayt) (19th May 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (19th May 2022), Yoda (19th May 2022)

7. Link to Post #184
    Thanks

A crystal clear statement by Russian Prime Minister Medvedev, about looming and severe European food shortages. (This is the whole article for those who can't access RT. The bold emphases of his words been added by myself.)
    Medvedev issues Russian food exports warning
    Dmitry Medvedev blamed the looming global food crisis on the “cosmic cretinism” of the West

Russia will not export food to the detriment of its own population, Deputy Chairman of the Security Council and former president Dmitry Medvedev has said, adding that the West can blame its own “cosmic cretinism for the looming crisis.

In a lengthy Telegram post, Medvedev commented on recent statements by Western leaders about food security. As Russia and Ukraine are major wheat suppliers, accounting for some 30% of global exports, prices have significantly grown since the launch of the Russian military offensive in the neighboring state and the subsequent sanctions imposed on Moscow by the US, EU, UK and others.

On Wednesday, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said that fertilizers and food products from Russia should be available to the world markets without obstacles.

Medvedev agreed that without wheat and other food supplies from Russia, the importing countries would have a very difficult time,especially, he noted, because, without Russian fertilizers, only juicy weeds [would] grow” on their fields.

“Well ... that’s sad. They’ve got themselves to blame, he wrote.

In Medvedev’s opinion, the West is now backing up becauseall these hellish sanctions are worthless when it comes to vital things,” such as food or energy.

Sanctions interfere with everyone’s desire to live a normal, prosperous life, the former Russian president argued. The expansion of NATO and the mess with the calculations of debts, payments and other thingshave aggravated the situation, he said.

“And what interferes the most is [the West’s] own cosmic cretinism,” he claimed.

According to Medvedev, Russia is ready to fulfill all of its obligations, but it has the right to expect some assistance from trading partners. Otherwise, he emphasized, there would be no logic to it: “On the one hand, insane sanctions are being imposed on us, and, on the other hand, [the West] is demanding food supplies.”

It will not happen, we’re not idiots,” he said, adding that there would be no export deliveries to the detriment of the Russian market.

Food for the citizens of Russia is a sacred matter,” he said.

Earlier on Thursday, Russian presidential adviser Maxim Oreshkin predicted a global famine which, in his opinion, would start “by the end of the autumn or by the end of the year.”

Since the launch of the Russian military operation in Ukraine in late February, Moscow, Kiev, and various Western players have been pointing fingers at each other over the looming food crisis.

During the G7 summit in March, French President Emmanuel Macron came up with a global “initiative for food security.” It involves an emergency plan for the release of stocks in the event of a crisis, a multilateral commitment not to impose restrictions on the export of agricultural raw materials, a temporary increase in production thresholds, supporting sustainable food production in the most vulnerable countries, and creating a mechanism which would enable providing them with agricultural products “in sufficient quantity and at reasonable prices,” if the need arises.

READ MORE:

8. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (21st May 2022), bluestflame (21st May 2022), Brigantia (20th May 2022), Ewan (20th May 2022), ExomatrixTV (25th May 2022), Franny (26th May 2022), Gwin Ru (20th May 2022), Harmony (21st May 2022), I am B (22nd May 2022), justntime2learn (20th May 2022), lisalu (4th June 2022), Matthew (20th May 2022), Peace in Oz (21st May 2022), Reinhard (20th May 2022), Sunny (20th May 2022), syrwong (21st May 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (21st May 2022), Yoda (20th May 2022)

9. Link to Post #185
    Australia Avalon Member Tracie (Bodhicee)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,049 times in 420 posts

I got chatting with a farmer yesterday, lol something I don't usually have the opportunity to do.
    It was Matthew, the German partner of a couple who farm acreage a little bit outside of my little town. I go there to buy the best eggs in the world and other delicious chemical free produce. They have a great little roadside stall. The food is very 'clean'.

Matthew said that this past year he's only bought 1/7th of the fertiliser he usually buys because it has become 'too expensive'!

I asked him if he'd heard of that biodynamic method of making fertiliser " 500" https://www.biodynamie-services.fr/e...manure-500.php. It involves compacting a small amount of cow dung and other ingredients into a cow horn and burying it. Ultimately the finished product fertilises a huge area relative to mass.. Surprisingly he hadn't. I teased him a little as he is German and it was Steiner i think who 'invented' this method.

What most struck me is that he's been dealing with rising costs for the past year and rise is significant enough for the fertiliser to be no longer affordable
    I note that our local Coles store, for months now, has not been able to fill all of its shelves. I've always attributed this to labour shortage due to draconian covid diktats but now I really wonder about what's really going on.

10. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Tracie (Bodhicee) For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (21st May 2022), Bill Ryan (21st May 2022), bluestflame (21st May 2022), Brigantia (21st May 2022), Ewan (22nd May 2022), ExomatrixTV (25th May 2022), Franny (26th May 2022), Harmony (21st May 2022), I am B (21st May 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (24th May 2022), justntime2learn (21st May 2022), lisalu (4th June 2022), Matthew (21st May 2022), meat suit (21st May 2022), Peace in Oz (21st May 2022), Sue (Ayt) (21st May 2022)

11. Link to Post #186
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,641 times in 20,812 posts

• This Will Affect EVERYONE!

During the install of a food forest at ICAN & The Highwire Studio grounds, their professional camera crew filmed the process of turning a lawn into a food forest. Plus, Del Bigtree interviewed Food Forest Abundance founder Jim Gale about the importance of self-sustainability and the solution to the world's most problems. Food Forest Abundance designs & installs Food forest and Edible Landscapes all across the United States. If you are looking to turn your lawn into a food-producing edible landscape contact us today!
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 26th May 2022 at 00:48.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th May 2022), Brigantia (26th May 2022), Ewan (26th May 2022), Franny (26th May 2022), Harmony (26th May 2022), justntime2learn (26th May 2022), lisalu (4th June 2022)

13. Link to Post #187
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,880 times in 2,121 posts

World has only 10 weeks of wheat supply left, expert warns
    Widespread fertilizer shortages, supply-chain issues and record droughts are the major reasons behind the crisis

Quote Global food insecurity has reached levels not seen since the financial crisis of 2008, according to Sara Menker, CEO of Gro Intelligence, a global company that uses artificial intelligence and public and private data to predict food supply trends. She told the UN that the world has about 10 weeks’ worth of wheat on hand.

While addressing a special meeting of the Security Council on Saturday, she said that the Russia-Ukraine conflict was not the cause of the food security crisis but “simply added fuel to a fire that was long burning.”

The expert pointed to widespread fertilizer shortages, supply-chain issues and record droughts as the major reasons behind the crisis.

“This isn’t cyclical. This is seismic,” Menker said, noting that “even if the war were to end tomorrow, our food security problem isn’t going away anytime soon without concerted action.”

READ MORE: Global ‘wheat war’ is coming – media
    She stressed that “without aggressive global actions, we stand the risk of an extraordinary amount of human suffering and economic damage.”

The grain crisis is being felt across the globe as wheat prices have surged to record highs over the past two months. Major producers such as Russia, Kazakhstan and India have scrapped exports to protect their domestic markets, while Ukraine’s supplies are in danger due to the ongoing conflict. This has sparked fears of food insecurity and hunger around the world.

The executive director for the UN's World Food Programme, David Beasley, had earlier said that 49 million people in 43 countries are already “knocking on famine’s door.”
    Link: https://www.rt.com/business/556084-w...upply-warning/
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th May 2022), bluestflame (26th May 2022), Brigantia (26th May 2022), Ewan (26th May 2022), ExomatrixTV (26th May 2022), Franny (26th May 2022), Harmony (26th May 2022), lisalu (4th June 2022), Matthew (26th May 2022), Sadieblue (3rd June 2022)

15. Link to Post #188
    Thanks

A summary from Natural News, published today. The video is at the bottom.

Much of this won't be any kind of new news to Avalon readers, but I felt it should be here on record. I'm in no doubt personally that the global situation is dire, even if Mike Adams is sometimes given to hyperbole.

While this article's title refers to the US, the crisis is similar in many other countries, notably in Europe and also of course Canada and Australia/NZ. African nations are likely to be severely affected, though the Chair of the African Union, I suspect very wisely, is meeting with Vladimir Putin today.
    USA domestic food production now collapsing due to fertilizer costs, scarcity, diesel price inflation and food protectionism

~~~

When the USA and NATO countries engaged in economic warfare against Russia by de-platforming Russian banks from the SWIFT system in March, it set off a chain reaction of world events that will lead to global famine and food scarcity panic.

Fertilizer and the natural gas used to manufacture fertilizer are now in short supply around the world. Many prominent food producers such as India have turned to export bans (food protectionism) to secure their own domestic supplies, worsening global food scarcity. Rising fuel costs have only added to the problems, resulting in far higher costs of farm inputs across the world.

But now America’s domestic food production is collapsing as well — and seemingly for the same reasons. Sky-high fertilizer costs, fertilizer scarcity, insanely elevated diesel fuel prices and supply chain problems affecting agriculture equipment are all contributing to an alarming trend across America: More and more farmers are simply not planting crops.

There’s no economic reason to do so. Rising fertilizer prices make the crops a money loser from day one. Even if a farmer invests in the fertilizer, his ability to harvest and transport the resulting crops out of his own fields is increasingly questionable. Worsening the situation, drought conditions are so bad that rice farmers in California, for example, are being told by the water control authorities there that they will only be allowed 0.4 acre feet of water per acre. You can’t grow rice in less than five inches of water for the entire season.

So they’re not planting most of the rice. Only 70,000 acres are getting planted out of 450,000 acres that could be used. Worsening the shortage, California has decided to divert water into the Pacific Ocean for environmental reasons, rather than let rice farmers use the water to grow food. From that story:
    “In April 2022, the water districts serving Colusa County were given their final allocation for the 2022 growing season – 0.4-acre feet per acre,” Colusa County officials said in a statement. “This allocation is not enough to support rice production, and estimates show that the Sacramento Valley will fallow 370,000 of 450,000 acres in the Sacramento River Settlement Contractors service area, primarily in Colusa and Glenn Counties. Currently, less than 7,000 acres are estimated to be planted in Colusa County, resulting in a direct financial loss to growers in excess of $270 million.”
    As described by an editor at USSANews.com, this policy is truly insane:
    As a former rice farmer in northern California, I can testify to the stupidity and insanity of environmentalists who favor obscure fish over humans. Water to farmers is now below growing levels and will cause devastation to the 2022 rice industry, taking down farmers as well as all related industries. The fact that the world is facing a major food shortage means nothing to these environmental zealots.
    When Californians have no rice on their food shelves later this year, will they realize their own malicious left-wing politicians deliberately created the food scarcity emergency?

India to halt rice exports while other nations halt exports of wheat

India is also reportedly moving to halt its own rice imports, reports Bloomberg.com, unleashing a “devastating” food scarcity scenario with worldwide implications. According to Bloomberg, India accounts for 40% of the global rice trade. From that story:
    Rice may be India’s next food protectionism target after it restricted wheat and sugar exports, analysts say, a move that could have a devastating impact on global food security as it’s an important staple.
    India’s curbs on wheat and sugar exports sent shock waves through global markets as it marked an escalation in food protectionism that’s seen countries choke off flows of locally-grown supplies to the world. A similar move on rice by the No. 1 exporter at a time when crops like wheat and corn are soaring would threaten to plunge millions more into hunger and boost inflation risks.
    According to the India Times, Hungary has banned wheat exports, and nations like Argentina, Bulgaria and Turkey are working toward outright bans of crop exports in order to meet their domestic needs.

All across the world, crop yields are collapsing and food supplies are dwindling. International trade is being strangled and domestic supplies are become more scarce and far more expensive.

It’s all deliberate, driven by destructive USA / NATO policies that strive for famine and collapse

Nearly all the problems with food scarcity and food inflation are driven entirely by malicious policy decisions stemming from the arrogant USA and oblivious NATO nation “leaders” who have lost all ability to recognize economic principles (or who actually want mass starvation and depopulation).

Together, the USA and NATO nations de-platformed Russia from trading in crops, fertilizer and natural gas, setting off this chain reaction of scarcity and unprecedented price increases for farm inputs, setting into motion a global starvation scenario that will worsen for years to come. Even if Russia were suddenly re-platformed back into the SWIFT system tomorrow, the damage to the food supply for 2022 – 2023 has already been done.

Mass starvation will burn through the world’s developing nations for the next two years, and even in first world nations, working-class citizens will find themselves spending higher and higher portions of their incomes on basic food supplies.

This will, of course, lead to food riots. It’s all by design. The idea is to cause mass chaos and martial law in America before the mid-term elections. In order to achieve that, the corrupt, illegitimate Biden regime had to whip up war with Russia, unleash economic protectionism across the globe, shut down fertilizer shipments in the USA, drastically raise fuel prices by shutting down pipelines, and engineer a food scarcity emergency by making sure the USDA keeps paying farmers to destroy crops and destroy tractors (in exchange for USDA payouts, of course).

Food industry transport workers are sitting on their hands in Florida

Yesterday a source informed me that food industry transport workers in Florida who would normally be working 16 hour days right now — transporting tomatoes, peppers, melons, fruit and other crops out of Florida — are sitting on their hands with zero work. There are virtually no crops to transport in this particular area of Florida where 10,000+ acre farms are common. The fields weren’t planted, and there are no crops to harvest.

These crops normally supply restaurants and grocery stores across the entire Eastern half of the United States. Now, they have nothing, and the farmers have no reason to even plant anything until fertilizer and diesel prices come down.

Official crop yield statistics haven’t yet caught up to this reality, but once Florida reports its crop yields for June, the numbers are going to be catastrophic.

The oblivious masses of America will see grocery shelves going increasingly bare beginning in August, then accelerating through the end of the year. Long before the mid-terms, many American families will be in a panic over food and fuel prices. Yet the worst is still to come, because 2023 will be disastrous as food and fuel become increasingly scarce and expensive.

We will see food riots in America before the end of this year, and we will almost certainly see serious food rationing in 2023, possibly followed by “food passport” rationing cards or other schemes designed to limit how much food the public is allowed to buy.

“Joe Biden’s national weight loss plan” is about to become a reality as Americans face real famine and civil unrest. This is what happens when you allow Democrats to steal elections and place incompetent criminals in power. When the traitor Mike Pence refused to do his job on January 6 — and the FBI ran another false flag insurrection op — this is what you get: A nation being dismantled as an act of economic warfare carried out against the people of America by radical left-wing Marxists like Obama and corrupt criminal families like the Bidens and the Clintons.

Get the full details on all this and much more — including Russia’s upcoming retaliation against America’s cyber attacks — in today’s Situation Update podcast:

Brighteon.com/bc8df6a9-7a39-4666-953a-cec4d19a21ac
    Source: https://www.brighteon.com/embed/bc8df6a9-7a39-4666-953a-cec4d19a21ac

16. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Antagenet (4th June 2022), Brigantia (4th June 2022), Ewan (4th June 2022), fifi (6th June 2022), Franny (4th June 2022), Harmony (4th June 2022), lisalu (4th June 2022), Matthew (3rd June 2022), onawah (3rd June 2022), onevoice (4th June 2022), Peace in Oz (4th June 2022), pyrangello (4th June 2022), Sadieblue (3rd June 2022), Satori (4th June 2022), Yoda (3rd June 2022)

17. Link to Post #189
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,711 times in 2,086 posts

My buddy stopped by today and said the same thing, August is the month it starts. I just bought some raw corn tonight at the store .70 cents each or 8.40 a dozen. That's double what it was last year. Grocery store here in town has a limit now on how many cans of fruit you can buy. 4 is the limit. Bidenflation baby , all by design.

18. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th June 2022), bluestflame (4th June 2022), Brigantia (4th June 2022), Ewan (4th June 2022), Franny (4th June 2022), Harmony (4th June 2022), Inversion (4th June 2022), justntime2learn (4th June 2022), lisalu (4th June 2022), Matthew (4th June 2022), onawah (4th June 2022), onevoice (4th June 2022), Peace in Oz (4th June 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (5th June 2022), wondering (5th June 2022)

19. Link to Post #190
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by pyrangello (here)
    ... Bidenflation baby , all by design.
    In Canada we call it Justinflation.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Antagenet (4th June 2022), Bill Ryan (4th June 2022), Brigantia (4th June 2022), Ewan (4th June 2022), Franny (4th June 2022), Harmony (4th June 2022), Inversion (4th June 2022), lisalu (4th June 2022), Matthew (4th June 2022), Peace in Oz (4th June 2022), wondering (5th June 2022)

21. Link to Post #191
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,984 times in 463 posts

Quote Posted by justntime2learn (here)
    World has only 10 weeks of wheat supply left, expert warns
    Widespread fertilizer shortages, supply-chain issues and record droughts are the major reasons behind the crisis

Quote Global food insecurity has reached levels not seen since the financial crisis of 2008, according to Sara Menker, CEO of Gro Intelligence, a global company that uses artificial intelligence and public and private data to predict food supply trends. She told the UN that the world has about 10 weeks’ worth of wheat on hand.

While addressing a special meeting of the Security Council on Saturday, she said that the Russia-Ukraine conflict was not the cause of the food security crisis but “simply added fuel to a fire that was long burning.”

The expert pointed to widespread fertilizer shortages, supply-chain issues and record droughts as the major reasons behind the crisis.

“This isn’t cyclical. This is seismic,” Menker said, noting that “even if the war were to end tomorrow, our food security problem isn’t going away anytime soon without concerted action.”

READ MORE: Global ‘wheat war’ is coming – media
    She stressed that “without aggressive global actions, we stand the risk of an extraordinary amount of human suffering and economic damage.”

The grain crisis is being felt across the globe as wheat prices have surged to record highs over the past two months. Major producers such as Russia, Kazakhstan and India have scrapped exports to protect their domestic markets, while Ukraine’s supplies are in danger due to the ongoing conflict. This has sparked fears of food insecurity and hunger around the world.

The executive director for the UN's World Food Programme, David Beasley, had earlier said that 49 million people in 43 countries are already “knocking on famine’s door.”
    Link: https://www.rt.com/business/556084-w...upply-warning/
    Basically we're stuffed

This shortage of Urea essential for diesel engines to work is another factor that will seriously impact supply chains and food supplies. No diesel no trucks, no deliveries to supermarkets

Quote This affects Canada also.
    You've heard me mention Blackrock before. It is owned primarily by George Soros.
    Excerpt:
    Just FYI... GUNNA GET ROCKY... thank your local progressive liberal voters... they are accomplices.
    Do you know what DEF fluid is? It's Diesel Exhaust Fluid. Every Diesel truck that has been made since 2010 is required to use it. It's a product made of 67% Urea fertilizer and 33% distilled water. Every diesel truck you see driving down the road today has to have this product to drive. The engines won't start without it. There are regulators inside the engine that mix DEF with the Diesel to reduce Diesel emissions. That's the purpose of DEF.
    Right now, Russia is the largest exporter of Urea by a wide margin. Qatar is second. Egypt and China are Tied for 3rd. Both Russia and China have decided to no longer export Urea. On top of that, India is the largest manufacturer of Urea in the world even though they consume most of what they make. What little they would export..........they no longer do. They are now stopping the exportation of any and all Urea minus a deal they just cut with Sri Lanka.
    What does this mean for you and me? Well, first, the United States imports most of it's Urea fertilizer. We are the third largest importer in the entire world. We depend on other countries to eat, drive and ship our products.
    Secondly... Flying J is the largest Service provider for Truckers around the Unites States. I'm sure you've seen their massive gas stations when traveling around the country. Flying J gets 70% of their DEF fluid from shipments via Union Pacific railroad. UP has single user access to the Fertilizer plants that Urea/DEF fluid comes from. No other rail provider has access to these distribution points. This means Flying J can't just go around Union Pacific. Union Pacific is in charge....for a reason I'm gonna mention in a few paragraphs.
    Flying J provides 30% of all DEF consumed in the United States. UP has told Flying J to reduce their shipments by a whopping 50%. And if they do not comply then they will be completely embargoed. That would in effect bankrupt FJ. This means that 15% of all DEF consumed by truckers in the US is no longer available at the largest travel service center for the entire trucking industry.
    Rome rotted from the inside out. It was easily invaded because it was occupied with internal problems. It appears we have discovered the Trigger. DEF fluid. If this holds up, DEF shortages will be the catalyst that causes food shortages in the coming months. Not only is there a shortage of fertilizer to grow crops in drought-stricken states (See Kansas' drop in wheat production for 2022)....but....now it looks like, unless the Federal Government intervenes via the Defense Production Act, ...which I am no longer confident they will....there is gonna be an absolute massive shortage of trucking in the coming months.
    There simply isn't going to be DEF fluid sufficient to keep the engines running and moving. Home Depot is now limiting the amount of DEF you can buy in their stores.
    I would think long and hard about the decisions you are making right now. Where you live. What you spend money on. How you prepare. This is so real that the CEO of Flying J, Shameek Konar was summoned to a Surface Transportation Board hearing to give them all this info.
    From what I'm reading....Blackrock is the majority shareholder of Union Pacific railroad. How is that important? Americas biggest fertilizer producer is CF Industries. Their largest shareholder is Blackrock. Blackrock controls the fertilizer industry in the U.S.. Union Pacific has exclusive rights to distribution points of fertilizer. Urea is fertilizer. Flying J needs Urea/DEF. Blackrock is controlling everything.
    The Chairman of the BlackRock Investment Institute is Tom Donilon, President Obama’s former National Security Advisor. Tom Donilon’s brother, Mike Donilon is a Senior Advisor to Joe Biden. Tom Donilon’s wife, Catherine Russell, is the White House Personnel Director. Tom Donilon’s daughter, Sarah Donilon, who graduated college in 2019, now works on the White House National Security Council.
    It appears Blackrock is spearheading the dismantling of the US system on behalf of the Globalists. And the first domino they are pushing over is the energy sector. They are using DEF to get the party started.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th June 2022), Brigantia (4th June 2022), Ewan (4th June 2022), Franny (6th June 2022), Harmony (4th June 2022), justntime2learn (4th June 2022), lisalu (4th June 2022), Matthew (4th June 2022), wondering (5th June 2022)

23. Link to Post #192
    Thanks

Quote Posted by leavesoftrees (here)

Basically we're stuffed

This shortage of Urea essential for diesel engines to work is another factor that will seriously impact supply chains and food supplies. No diesel no trucks, no deliveries to supermarkets
    And also heavy construction and mining machinery of all kinds, trains, ships, tractors... it's one of those enormously problematic issues that's almost too big to see all in one field of view.

24. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (4th June 2022), bluestflame (4th June 2022), Brigantia (4th June 2022), Ewan (4th June 2022), Franny (6th June 2022), Harmony (4th June 2022), I am B (6th June 2022), justntime2learn (4th June 2022), kudzy (4th June 2022), leavesoftrees (5th June 2022), lisalu (4th June 2022), Matthew (4th June 2022), wondering (5th June 2022), Yoda (4th June 2022)

25. Link to Post #193
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,975 times in 1,342 posts

Basically we're stuffed

Urea? Isn't that pee? There's a simple solution to that, surely, or is it more complicated?

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th June 2022), Ewan (4th June 2022), Franny (6th June 2022), Harmony (4th June 2022), I am B (6th June 2022), lisalu (4th June 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (5th June 2022), wondering (5th June 2022)

27. Link to Post #194
    Ireland Avalon Member JackMcThorn's Avatar
    Language
    I talk american
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,453 times in 571 posts

It's a chemical that turns most of the nitrogen oxide in diesel exhaust into water and nitrogen. If your truck runs low, it has limited starts and if it runs empty it could prevent the truck from starting, leaving you stranded. I think this tech was introduced in 2oo7 in regular diesel pick-up trucks. It started for lorry trucks around 2o1o and was pretty much standard since 2o11.
    Irishness is not primarily a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition of being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it. ~ Conor C. O'Brien [1917-2oo8]

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JackMcThorn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th June 2022), bluestflame (4th June 2022), Brigantia (4th June 2022), Ewan (4th June 2022), Franny (6th June 2022), Harmony (4th June 2022), Inversion (6th June 2022), leavesoftrees (5th June 2022), lisalu (4th June 2022), onevoice (4th June 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (5th June 2022), wondering (5th June 2022)

29. Link to Post #195
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,975 times in 1,342 posts

Quote Posted by JackMcThorn (here)
    It's a chemical that turns most of the nitrogen oxide in diesel exhaust into water and nitrogen.
    Yes I know it's a chemical - a chemical found in pee. What I'm suggesting is that if this urea shortage is blamed for an inability to run diesel trucks, there's an obvious source of supply for processing urea.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Alan (27th June 2022), bluestflame (4th June 2022), Ewan (4th June 2022), Franny (6th June 2022), Harmony (4th June 2022), Inversion (6th June 2022), lisalu (4th June 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (5th June 2022)

31. Link to Post #196
    Ireland Avalon Member JackMcThorn's Avatar
    Language
    I talk american
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,453 times in 571 posts

Quote Is Def Fluid Made From Urine? The Bottom Line on Urine and DEF. . Diesel exhaust fluid is not made of urine, and if you are going to urinate in your SCR system, you’re looking at having to pay some pretty hefty repair costs to clean and replace engine components once they have been contaminated.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urea#Automobile_systems

Evidently the urea is a water soluble solid that comes from animals. Mostly used in fertilisers but also part of the process for diesel engine exhaust, so technically you are correct. The diesel solution is about 1/3 urea and the rest is distilled water.

This partially explains the shortage of fertilisers also.
    Last edited by JackMcThorn; 4th June 2022 at 12:41.
    Irishness is not primarily a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition of being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it. ~ Conor C. O'Brien [1917-2oo8]

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JackMcThorn For This Post:

bluestflame (4th June 2022), Brigantia (4th June 2022), Ewan (4th June 2022), Franny (6th June 2022), Harmony (6th June 2022), I am B (6th June 2022), Inversion (6th June 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (5th June 2022)

33. Link to Post #197
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Basically we're stuffed

Diesel engines don't need urea to run at all, only government regulations make it so. Interestingly, doing a DPF delete on a diesel most often gets it better gas mileage ... better mileage = less pollution, but I guess the government doesn't see it that way.

34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Brigantia (6th June 2022), Ewan (6th June 2022), Franny (6th June 2022), Harmony (6th June 2022), Inversion (6th June 2022), Jambo (28th June 2022), Johnnycomelately (6th June 2022), justntime2learn (6th June 2022), leavesoftrees (6th June 2022), Orph (6th June 2022), Sunny (6th June 2022)

35. Link to Post #198
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Brigantia (here)
    Quote Posted by JackMcThorn (here)
    It's a chemical that turns most of the nitrogen oxide in diesel exhaust into water and nitrogen.
    Yes I know it's a chemical - a chemical found in pee. What I'm suggesting is that if this urea shortage is blamed for an inability to run diesel trucks, there's an obvious source of supply for processing urea.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Brigantia (22nd June 2022), Ewan (22nd June 2022), Franny (27th June 2022), Harmony (22nd June 2022), Johnnycomelately (21st June 2022), justntime2learn (27th June 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (21st June 2022)

37. Link to Post #199
    Thanks

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Brigantia (27th June 2022), Ewan (28th June 2022), Harmony (28th June 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (27th June 2022), justntime2learn (27th June 2022), Sunny (28th June 2022), Yoda (28th June 2022)

39. Link to Post #200
    Belgium Avalon Member Johan (Keyholder)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,746 times in 531 posts

It's not because of shortages though, but because theft has become a real problem, in cities, suburbs and rural areas alike.
    That's what the story above says anyway.

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

Alan (27th June 2022), Bill Ryan (27th June 2022), Brigantia (27th June 2022), Ewan (28th June 2022), Franny (27th June 2022), Harmony (28th June 2022), Jambo (28th June 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 10 12 LastLast