+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 3 12 LastLast

Thread: Food shortages are unavoidable now.

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,776 times in 451 posts

Default Re: Food shortages are unavoidable now.

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    From Russia Today, just published:
    ‘Famine of biblical proportions’ looms over humanity due to Covid-19, UN food chief warns

22 August, 2020

The Covid-19 pandemic may lead to a calamity of epic scale, with millions facing starvation worldwide, the head of the UN’s hunger-fighting body has warned.

“All the data we have, including WFP forecast that the number of people experiencing malnutrition will grow by 80 percent by the end of the year, … points to a real disaster,” David Beasley, Executive Director of the UN World Food Program (WFP), said.

We are risking a famine of biblical proportions

The rapid increase in the number of people who can’t feed themselves will be just an immediate outcome of the pandemic, which caused a disruption of food growth and logistics worldwide. More long-term damage is bound to materialize in the years to come.

“Obviously social tensions will grow, migration will increase, conflicts will escalate and hunger will likely affect those who didn’t experience it before,” the official told the Russian news agency TASS.

WFP projections say Latin American nations face the most dramatic change in their situation, with the number of malnourished people increasing by as much as 269 percent, Beasley said. The same metric for countries in Eastern and Central Asia stands at 135 percent. Sub-Saharan Africa may see the number of their hungry almost double.

Global hunger is already high, Beasley warned. Unless bold action is taken now, “many will die, children will suffer from the consequences of malnutrition for many years, and the world will lose all the progress made in fighting hunger over the past decade,” he said.

The price of inaction will be incredibly high

This year some 138 million people in 83 countries rely on WFP for their food supply, the official said. For many of them the UN humanitarian body is the “last hope for survival”. In South Sudan 1.6 million people were added this year to the 5 million already requiring assistance. In Yemen, the WFP feeds 13 million.

The situation in Lebanon became particularly grim after a devastating blast two weeks ago in Beirut. The explosion not only destroyed stockpiles of grain, but also cut supply chains because the damaged port was used to deliver some 85 percent of the food that Lebanon needs.
    I read that exact same quote from the same guy (David Beasley) back in April I guess, would be interesting if they have any updates from him or his stance didn’t change at all the last months.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd August 2020), Franny (31st August 2020), Gwin Ru (22nd August 2020), Harmony (5th September 2020), Icare (4th September 2020), janette (1st September 2020), justntime2learn (27th August 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (27th August 2020), palehorse (23rd August 2020), Peace in Oz (23rd August 2020), Sadieblue (2nd September 2020)

3. Link to Post #42
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,389 times in 4,323 posts

... not looking good:

China‘s Growing Agriculture Crisis. Devastating Shocks: Swine Fever, Floods, Droughts.

By F. William Engdahl Global Research
    August 26, 2020

For the past months the Peoples’ Republic of China has been subject to one after the other devastating shocks to its agriculture sector. A deadly outbreak of African Swine Fever that halved China’s huge pig herds in 2019, was followed by infestation from a plague of fall armyworms (FAW) which reached China in December, 2018 and now threaten China’s corn belt. Now the worst floods in some 60 years is wiping out major rice and other crops in central China along the Yangtze and other rivers. Food Security is one of six national priorities for national security. President Xi Jinping has just issued a call to citizens not to waste food or face penalties, a sign that the depth of the food security threat is far worse than thought.

While any of the several problems would be manageable in normal times, the combination of agriculture disasters combined with the economic consequences of the China outbreaks of coronavirus are presenting challenges that could well impact global food security in coming months.

[...]

Full article: https://www.globalresearch.ca/china-...crisis/5722238

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

avid (27th August 2020), Bill Ryan (27th August 2020), Franny (31st August 2020), Harmony (5th September 2020), Icare (4th September 2020), janette (1st September 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (27th August 2020), onevoice (28th August 2020), palehorse (28th August 2020), Sadieblue (28th August 2020)

5. Link to Post #43
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Globally, each town and city has only a few days' worth of not just food but also medicine, fuel, and other goods. That's because businesses follow just-in-time and economic order quantities, which means keeping inventories low to keep costs low by moving materials and finished goods 24/7.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ralfy For This Post:

Alan (6th September 2020), Bill Ryan (31st August 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (1st September 2020), Franny (31st August 2020), Gwin Ru (4th September 2020), Harmony (5th September 2020), Icare (4th September 2020), janette (1st September 2020), palehorse (2nd September 2020), Sadieblue (2nd September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (1st September 2020)

7. Link to Post #44
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,190 times in 437 posts

Food Warfare: More States to Test/Close Farms - Wildfires & Weather Warfare

Ice Age Farmer video states ... Our food supply is under all out attack. WA and MI have followed CA in mandating COVID-19 testing for farmworkers, which--as we have seen in Ontario--presages their shutting down farms where workers test positive. Depriving farms of harvest labor is unthinkable. More California wildfires expected. Two hurricanes inbound to gulf, rice-producing areas. You must start growing your own food now.

Trisher

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Trisher For This Post:

Anka (1st September 2020), Bill Ryan (1st September 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (1st September 2020), EFO (1st September 2020), Franny (4th September 2020), George (2nd September 2020), Gwin Ru (4th September 2020), Harmony (5th September 2020), Icare (4th September 2020), janette (1st September 2020), Kryztian (4th September 2020), palehorse (2nd September 2020), Sadieblue (2nd September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (1st September 2020)

9. Link to Post #45
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,373 times in 1,568 posts

Quote Posted by Trisher (here)
    Food Warfare: More States to Test/Close Farms - Wildfires & Weather Warfare

Ice Age Farmer video states ... Our food supply is under all out attack. WA and MI have followed CA in mandating COVID-19 testing for farmworkers, which--as we have seen in Ontario--presages their shutting down farms where workers test positive. Depriving farms of harvest labor is unthinkable. More California wildfires expected. Two hurricanes inbound to gulf, rice-producing areas. You must start growing your own food now.

Trisher
    There is a solution for that problem and there is farmers world wide doing it right now.

If the farm is fully owned and the harvest (I mean didn't borrowed money from bank in order to plant for the season), then close down the farm is the wisest solution and it will minimize risks for forced closure by the authorities (because not part of the conglomerate - covid will test positive).

Beside, farmers can start a local food production community oriented (permaculture for example), and yes break the laws if they have to, keep it small, I know some places authorities hate permaculturists, at least that way nobody will be coming over to test farmers, because it won't be a business anymore, no need to close down a farm that is not producing for the food chain.

I am planing daily now, to move completely off-grid to my bare land by the beginning of 2021, start building a shack before things turn up too bad.

Besides all that, if you got land, plot or just a strip of soil or even vases in an apartment, go ahead and start your own food production today, be resilient.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd September 2020), EFO (2nd September 2020), Gwin Ru (4th September 2020), Harmony (5th September 2020), Icare (4th September 2020), janette (2nd September 2020), Sadieblue (2nd September 2020), Sunny (3rd September 2020), Trisher (3rd September 2020)

11. Link to Post #46
    Language
    English
    Thanks

"These 10 companies control everything you buy"

Quote These companies — Nestlé, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, Unilever, Danone, General Mills, Kellogg's, Mars, Associated British Foods, and Mondelez — each employ thousands and make billions of dollars in revenue every year.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ralfy For This Post:

Anka (3rd September 2020), Bill Ryan (3rd September 2020), Franny (4th September 2020), Gwin Ru (4th September 2020), Harmony (5th September 2020), Icare (4th September 2020), janette (5th September 2020), Kryztian (4th September 2020), palehorse (3rd September 2020), Sadieblue (4th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (5th September 2020), Sunny (3rd September 2020)

13. Link to Post #47
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Positive action is being taken in Chicago. The use of old lots for growing food and the composting of food waste to create a rich soil.

Trisher

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Trisher For This Post:

Alan (6th September 2020), Anka (3rd September 2020), Bill Ryan (3rd September 2020), EFO (3rd September 2020), Franny (4th September 2020), Gwin Ru (4th September 2020), Harmony (5th September 2020), Icare (4th September 2020), janette (5th September 2020), palehorse (5th September 2020), pueblo (3rd September 2020), Sadieblue (4th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (5th September 2020)

15. Link to Post #48
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,789 times in 1,323 posts

Despite doubts coming up from my New Agey phase 20 years ago when I read that 'focus on abundance and all your needs will be met', I've started prepping. All things with long dates that will be used up anyway even if the S doesn't HTF, plus plenty of cat food for my little Freya seeing as most pet food is now imported. I also got a very good crop from my garden that is now stored.

There's hardly any sweetcorn in our supermarket right now - due to US bad harvest?

It's funny that when I was thinking about the manifesting abundance stuff, this came in an article in my inbox in a wonderful synchronicity, making me think that I was right to prep:

Call on God, but row away from the rocks. - Indian proverb

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th September 2020), EFO (4th September 2020), Franny (4th September 2020), Harmony (5th September 2020), Icare (4th September 2020), janette (5th September 2020), lisalu (6th September 2020), palehorse (5th September 2020), Ron Mauer Sr (4th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (5th September 2020)

17. Link to Post #49
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Beirut copy-cats:

Ice Age Farmer Report: Food supply spontaneously combusting! Controlled demolition of supply chain

Ice Age Farmer
    Mon, 31 Aug 2020 19:33 UTC

From grain elevators in Iowa, to sugar silos in New Orleans, to food warehouses in Essex, to grain reserves in Beirut -- the world's food supply chain is going up in flames. With farm labor running from COVID-19 tests, meat plants ordered closed, and weather warfare destroying crops, why not just torch the rest? Christian breaks down a few blazing coincidences this week.

Sources

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th September 2020), Brigantia (4th September 2020), EFO (4th September 2020), Franny (4th September 2020), Harmony (5th September 2020), Icare (4th September 2020), janette (5th September 2020), palehorse (5th September 2020), Rosco1 (11th October 2020), Sarah Rainsong (5th September 2020)

19. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,552 times in 32,726 posts

Quote Posted by HikerChick (here)
    Despite doubts coming up from my New Agey phase 20 years ago when I read that 'focus on abundance and all your needs will be met', I've started prepping.
    [ ... ]
    Call on God, but row away from the rocks. - Indian proverb
    Yes! Or, "Trust in God, but tie up your camel."

As a hiker, you'll know about this full well. Keep your emergency gear in your backpack, and you'll probably never need to use it. It only weighs a couple lbs, but it could save your life someday.

I've stocked up on a small bunch of essentials, too. Things I'd always use sooner or later (rice, oil, flour, etc). Super-cheap, and just enough for 2-3 months in extremis. But some day, that could make all the difference.

20. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Adi (4th September 2020), Agape (4th September 2020), Alan (4th September 2020), Anna70 (4th September 2020), bennycog (7th September 2020), Brigantia (4th September 2020), Eligos (4th September 2020), Franny (4th September 2020), Harmony (5th September 2020), Icare (4th September 2020), janette (5th September 2020), kudzy (4th September 2020), modini (4th September 2020), palehorse (5th September 2020), Peace in Oz (10th September 2020), Ron Mauer Sr (4th September 2020), Rosco1 (11th October 2020), Sadieblue (12th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (5th September 2020), Yoda (4th September 2020)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,204 times in 4,590 posts

I know it’s obsolete to say but if China sent the million headed Terracotta Army to cultivate fields and crops, there would certainly be no food shortages looming next year.
    It’s sad that most of their military apparatus lives well hidden underground but they have recently taken some aggressive and intimidating steps to secure the area and positions around the LAC - the trans Himalayan - Line of Actual Control and basically all of Indian northern border.

Their moves seem to be part of their political tactics, in order to secure their strategical presence in Tibet and other territories that were once historically independent of Chinese Empire.

Their presence in border areas is almost massive and from strategical perspective, slightly irrational.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.n...akamai-rum=off

As neither country is interested in war and both have been recently stricken by coronavirus pandemic of which India is still taking huge toll.

Of course and in case of war expenditures and demands of homeland budget would increase exponentially, more people would suffer and certain products would be subjected to rationing.

Peace and prosperity do not start “in spring” I suggest. Even one winter spent on extreme military sports costs us life and nourishment . Ordinary people can not benefit from wars and fences between Himalayan valleys.

If even ONE country followed the logic their situation would naturally improve and they would set an example for everyone else.

So sorry Mr Xi Xi if that’s beyond your logic. Sorry for the rest of your guests at the lavish dinner table.

I wish all the Terracotta Armies and people of this Planet deserve Peace to Recover

🙏🌟🙏

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th September 2020), Brigantia (5th September 2020), EFO (4th September 2020), Harmony (5th September 2020), Icare (4th September 2020), janette (5th September 2020), onevoice (4th September 2020), palehorse (5th September 2020), Sadieblue (12th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (5th September 2020)

23. Link to Post #52
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,373 times in 1,568 posts

A friend forcibly living in northern Laos due to cv19 and border restrictions, he said the situation in there is going chaotic soon, the electric grid will be run by a Chinese company since Laos is ceding major control over the grid, also default warning emerging (bad country for any sort of business right now), Laos is in a huge debit and barely can stand on it's own core. The Chinese been working on Laos debit for decades, and now came to the point of what they call "debit trap" (the debit is related to the project Belt and Road Infrastructure) and Laos got no option but agree or be literally back into darkness.

The deal was signed last week between state owned Eletricite du Laos EDL and China Southern Power Grid Co.
    The reference is in the Xinhua Agency website, but people are talking about this deal inside Laos, my friend want a way out from there but he can't go back to Europe right now, then he sits, fishing and wait, he also said the beer (Lao Beer state owned) went up 12% and most food stalls and restaurants are closed, few grocery store opened but not many variety, where he is living, he mostly eat fresh food from wet market and he cook himself, for now the wet market still open and everything remains normal, no food shortage, but you have to eat like a local. The food shortage in Laos is related to imported food only.

Laos is becoming a new Chinese province, what a shame!
    Last edited by palehorse; 5th September 2020 at 13:18.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th September 2020), Brigantia (5th September 2020), EFO (5th September 2020), George (6th September 2020), happyuk (6th September 2020), Harmony (5th September 2020), janette (5th September 2020), LifeAngel (6th September 2020), lisalu (6th September 2020), Sadieblue (12th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (5th September 2020), Sunny (6th September 2020)

25. Link to Post #53
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Alan (6th September 2020), Bassplayer1 (5th September 2020), Bill Ryan (5th September 2020), Harmony (5th September 2020), janette (5th September 2020), palehorse (5th September 2020), Sadieblue (12th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (5th September 2020), Sunny (6th September 2020)

27. Link to Post #54
    Canada Avalon Member Bassplayer1's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,045 times in 264 posts

Here in Ontario - well, in the region where I live we are very lucky. There's food. But I was a bit surprised 3 or 4 weeks ago, at our local Farmer's Market, to see that there was a shortage of onions - virtually no onions at all, limited tomatoes and with the exception of blueberries and red currants - no fruit!!! No raspberries, strawberries etc. This does not happen at this time of year here in Ontario - at this time there is always an overabundance of fresh fruit and vegetables. It was weird and sobering to see. The market vendors said that the shortages were due to virus outbreaks at the various farms - there's a particular tomato company that apparently supplies large parts of Canada and most of their work-force tested positive.
    You can find fresh seasonal fruit in the grocery stores, but to give you an example, in one store, where at this time of year you can expect to pay say, $5 for 3 punnets of raspberries or blackberries etc, it was $5.99 for just one!
    I think these shortages have been a result of virus outbreaks rather than supply issues of an alarming nature mentioned in the info shared here in the other comments. So despite seeing gaps like this, I still feel we are lucky here and that these shortages may be temporary for us. I'm not sure how things will pan out in the immediate to near future. Oh, I should add that the price of garlic and ginger has gone through the roof! And that's not the cheap bleached garlic from China, but the good stuff.

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bassplayer1 For This Post:

Anka (5th September 2020), Bill Ryan (5th September 2020), Brigantia (5th September 2020), EFO (5th September 2020), Gwin Ru (5th September 2020), Harmony (5th September 2020), janette (5th September 2020), onevoice (6th September 2020), palehorse (5th September 2020), Sadieblue (12th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (6th September 2020), Sunny (6th September 2020)

29. Link to Post #55
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,568 times in 1,716 posts

Just two examples...

Two days ago
    DUMPSTER DIVING - SUPER SWEET SCORE! I Found It All And Saved It From The Landfill!
    (30:28 min.)

Today
    DUMPSTER DIVING AT ALDI ~ WE WERE CAUGHT TWICE!! BUT WE STILL GOT ALL WE NEEDED! #HOWTOSAVEONFOOD
    (8:58 min.)
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

30. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Alan (6th September 2020), Anka (5th September 2020), Bassplayer1 (6th September 2020), Bill Ryan (5th September 2020), Brigantia (5th September 2020), Gwin Ru (5th September 2020), Harmony (9th September 2020), janette (5th September 2020), justntime2learn (11th September 2020), palehorse (6th September 2020), Rosco1 (11th October 2020), Sadieblue (12th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (6th September 2020)

31. Link to Post #56
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,881 times in 612 posts

Today I finished planting my fall garden. I will be doing quite a bit of canning but I think it will be worth it in the long run. Everyone should plant an emergency garden, even if you do it in pots on your apartment balcony! I am fortunate with my cottage in the country to have the space for a big garden. Some days I just go out there and graze!

32. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Anka (5th September 2020), Bassplayer1 (6th September 2020), Bill Ryan (5th September 2020), Brigantia (5th September 2020), EFO (6th September 2020), Gwin Ru (6th September 2020), Harmony (9th September 2020), janette (9th September 2020), lisalu (6th September 2020), palehorse (6th September 2020), Sadieblue (12th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (6th September 2020), Trisher (11th September 2020)

33. Link to Post #57
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Engineered Food Shortages and Famine to Justify ‘Reset’ of US Food System

Ice Age Farmer
    September 3, 2020

Chicago soup kitchen in 1931, Wiki

YouTube personality ‘Ice Age Farmer’ points to signs that food shortages are coming as California has ordered meat processing plants to shut down over an ‘outbreak’ of COVID-19 ‘cases’ of workers testing positive.

In Michigan, when Governor Whitmer issued orders for mandatory COVID-19 testing for migrant workers, many of them walked off the job.

In the past five years, venture capitalists and corporations have invested almost $10-billion to replace traditional food-source systems with synthetic food produced in laboratories.

Strange explosions in food-storage facilities, fires, and wind storms across the world will further affect food supplies.

Without farm labor, food will rot in the fields, and with stored food being destroyed, food prices will skyrocket.

People will face hunger. Many will starve. The rest will beg the government and the corporations for food. -GEG

Rockefeller Foundation document:
    Reset the Table: Meeting the Moment to Transform the US Food System
    https://www.rockefellerfoundation.or...s-food-system/

34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (6th September 2020), Bill Ryan (6th September 2020), Brigantia (9th September 2020), EFO (7th September 2020), Harmony (9th September 2020), janette (9th September 2020), onawah (9th September 2020), onevoice (6th September 2020), palehorse (6th September 2020), Sadieblue (12th September 2020), Sunny (7th September 2020), Trisher (11th September 2020)

35. Link to Post #58
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Ice Age Farmer Report: Amazon bans international seed sales: Problem, Reaction, Famine: Technocrats take control of seeds

Ice Age Farmer
    Tue, 08 Sep 2020 12:53 UTC

Throughout human history, people have brought seed of their favorite foods -- but no longer. The technocrats are now banning international sales of SEEDS on Amazon/Wish, due to the "dangerous Chinese Mystery Seeds" false flag -- even as parts of the US experience seed shortages! This "Problem/Reaction/Famine" dialectic is actively being used in many areas to engineer food shortages ahead, in order to further a technocratic, transhumanist rewrite of our food system and takeover of society.
    Sources

36. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th September 2020), Brigantia (9th September 2020), EFO (9th September 2020), Harmony (9th September 2020), janette (9th September 2020), onawah (9th September 2020), onevoice (9th September 2020), Rosco1 (11th October 2020), Sadieblue (12th September 2020), Sunny (11th September 2020), Trisher (11th September 2020)

37. Link to Post #59
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,973 times in 20,621 posts

The Need to Grow
    https://grow.foodrevolution.org/?orid=1510516&opid=314
    "According to UN officials, at current rates of depletion, how many years of farmable soil does the world have left before we are unable to grow food in most places?

Answer: 60 years.

The facts are grim. But it’s not all doom and gloom.

If you’re ready for a serious dose of heartwarming hope and real solutions, check this out

The Need To GROW is an award-winning new film narrated by actress/activist Rosario Dawson and it's directed by a wonderful and very talented friend of mine, Rob Herring.

This film is is inspiring people all over the world

It profiles three very different solutionary heroes, and their underdog struggles to save the planet

Like any good movie, it’s riveting. It might even make you cry (in a good way!).

And right now, my friends at Food Revolution Network are teaming up with Earth Conscious Films to offer it to you for FREE, in a global screening event from now until September 14.

Can we feed the world without destroying it?! Rosario Dawson’s award-winning film The Need To GROW shows the SOLUTIONS — and the real stories of the game-changing innovators behind them. Join in the online screening for free!"
    Each breath a gift...

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Alekahn2 (9th September 2020), Bill Ryan (9th September 2020), Brigantia (9th October 2020), Eva2 (9th September 2020), fifi (10th September 2020), Gwin Ru (9th September 2020), Harmony (11th September 2020), onevoice (12th September 2020), Sadieblue (12th September 2020), Trisher (11th September 2020)

39. Link to Post #60
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    The Need to Grow
    https://grow.foodrevolution.org/?orid=1510516&opid=314
    "According to UN officials, at current rates of depletion, how many years of farmable soil does the world have left before we are unable to grow food in most places?

Answer: 60 years.

The facts are grim. But it’s not all doom and gloom.

If you’re ready for a serious dose of heartwarming hope and real solutions, check this out

The Need To GROW is an award-winning new film narrated by actress/activist Rosario Dawson and it's directed by a wonderful and very talented friend of mine, Rob Herring.

This film is is inspiring people all over the world

It profiles three very different solutionary heroes, and their underdog struggles to save the planet

Like any good movie, it’s riveting. It might even make you cry (in a good way!).

And right now, my friends at Food Revolution Network are teaming up with Earth Conscious Films to offer it to you for FREE, in a global screening event from now until September 14.

Can we feed the world without destroying it?! Rosario Dawson’s award-winning film The Need To GROW shows the SOLUTIONS — and the real stories of the game-changing innovators behind them. Join in the online screening for free!"
    I have watched the start of the film and will continue today. I am about to make some Biochar as mentioned but in my own way. Slow burning wood to charcoal state. Then pounding and then adding a nutrient mix for it to soak up. Biochar by itself can deplete nutrients but a mix enhances soil bacteria and plant growth. The film talks about a Biochar and algae mix. Its very uplifting to have solutions.

Trisher

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Trisher For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th September 2020), Brigantia (9th October 2020), Gwin Ru (11th September 2020), Harmony (11th September 2020), onawah (11th September 2020), onevoice (12th September 2020), Sunny (12th September 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 3 12 LastLast