+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 9 12 LastLast

Thread: Food shortages are unavoidable now.

1. Link to Post #161
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,534 times in 32,788 posts

Default Re: Food shortages are unavoidable now.

A 3 April update from Michael Snyder that presents the rapidly developing food-shortage-related events all around the world.

(Almost everyone reading this will already be well aware of the problem, but it's likely to accelerate fast. As Chris Martenson often says: he'd rather be a year early than a day late.)
    20 Facts About The Emerging Global Food Shortage That Should Chill You To The Core

A very alarming global food shortage has already begun, and it is only going to get worse in the months ahead. I realize that this is not good news, but I would encourage you to share the information in this article with everyone that you can. People deserve to understand what is happening, and they deserve an opportunity to get prepared.

The pace at which things are changing around the globe right now is absolutely breathtaking, but most people assume that life will just continue to carry on as it normally does. Unfortunately, the truth is that a very real planetary emergency is developing right in front of our eyes. The following are 20 facts about the emerging global food shortage that should chill you to the core…

#1 One of France’s most important government officials is telling us that we should brace ourselves for an “extremely serious” global food crisis…
    France’s Foreign Affairs Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said the EU must get to grips with the prospect that the war in Ukraine could prompt an “extremely serious” global food crisis.
    #2 Joe Biden recently admitted that food shortages are “going to be real”, and his administration is now openly using the word “famine” to describe what is coming…
    The Biden administration is worried Russia’s invasion of Ukraine will cause famine in parts of the world, White House Council of Economic Advisers Chair Cecilia Rouse told CNBC on Friday.
    #3 It is being reported that food prices at German supermarkets will soon go up between 20 and 50 percent
    Just days after Germany reported the highest inflation in generation (with February headline CPI soaring at a 7.6% annual pace and blowing away all expectations), giving locals a distinctly unpleasant deja vu feeling even before the Russian invasion of Ukraine broke what few supply chains remained and sent prices even higher into the stratosphere…
    … on Monday, Germany will take one step toward a return of the dreaded Weimar hyperinflation, when according to the German Retail Association (HDE), consumers should prepare for another wave of price hikes for everyday goods and groceries with Reuters reporting that prices at German retail chains will explode between 20 and 50%
    #4 Rationing has already begun in Spain
    In Spain, the country started experiencing sporadic shortages of different products like eggs, milk and other dairy products almost immediately following the outbreak of the war in Ukraine. In early March, major supermarkets like Mercadona and Makro began rationing sunflower oil.
    #5 Rationing has also already started in Greece
    In Greece, at least four national supermarket chains have started rationing food products like flour and sunflower oil due to critically low supplies caused by the crippled supply chains coming out of Russia and Ukraine.
    #6 The head of BlackRock is warning that this will be the very first time this generation “is going to go into a store and not be able to get what they want”
    On Tuesday, BlackRock Inc. President Rob Kapito told an audience in Austin, Texas, hosted by the Texas Independent Producers and Royalty Owners Association, that an entire younger generation is quickly finding out what it means to suffer from shortages, according to Bloomberg.
    “For the first time, this generation is going to go into a store and not be able to get what they want,” Kapito said. “And we have a very entitled generation that has never had to sacrifice.”
    #7 Since this time last year, some fertilizer prices have gone up by as much as 300 percent.

#8 Many farmers in Africa will not be able to afford fertilizer at all this year, and it is being projected that this will reduce agricultural production by an amount capable of feeding “100 million people”
    With prices tripling over the past 18 months, many farmers are considering whether to forgo purchases of fertilizers this year. That leaves a market long touted for its growth potential set to shrink by almost a third, according to Sebastian Nduva, program manager at researcher group AfricaFertilizer.Org.
    That could potentially curb cereals output by 30 million tons, enough to feed 100 million people, he said.
    #9 Russia is normally one of the biggest global exporters of fertilizer
    Russia is a key global player in natural gas, a major input to fertilizer production. Higher gas prices, and supply cuts, will further drive fertilizer prices higher. Russia is one of the biggest exporters of the three major groups of fertilizers (nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium). Physical supply cuts could further inflate fertilizer prices.
    #10 In a typical year, Russia and Ukraine collectively account for approximately 30 percent of all global wheat exports.

#11 Half of Africa’s wheat imports usually come from either Russia or Ukraine.

#12 Other nations rely on wheat exports from Russia and Ukraine even more than Africa does
    Armenia, Mongolia, Kazakhstan and Eritrea have imported virtually all of their wheat from Russia and Ukraine and must find new sources. But they are competing against much larger buyers, including Turkey, Egypt, Bangladesh and Iran, which have obtained more than 60 percent of their wheat from the two warring countries.
    #13 One Russian official is warning that his nation may soon only export food to “friendly nations”
    A Russian government official has threatened that Russia will limit its vital food exports to only nations it considers “friendly”.
    Dmitry Medvedev, a senior Russian security official who previously served as the nation’s president, has threatened that Russia may soon cut off the West from food exports.
    #14 On Friday, it was announced that another 5 million egg-laying chickens in Iowa would have to be put down because of the bird flu.

#15 The death toll from the bird flu in Iowa alone will be pushed beyond 13 million as a result of this latest incident.

#16 Overall, this is what the total national death toll from the bird flu currently looks like: “22 million egg-laying chickens, 1.8 million broiler chickens, 1.9 million pullet and other commercial chickens, and 1.9 million turkeys”.

#17 China’s agricultural minister has announced that the winter wheat harvest in China could be “the worst in history”.

#18 We are being warned that the winter wheat harvest in the United States will be “disastrous” due to severe drought.

#19 During a recent interview, one prominent U.S. farmer stated that most Americans won’t like it when “your grocery bill is up $1,000.00 a month”.

#20 The head of the UN World Food program says that what the planet is now facing is unlike anything that we have seen since World War II
    “Ukraine has only compounded a catastrophe on top of a catastrophe,” said David M. Beasley, the executive director of the World Food Program, the United Nations agency that feeds 125 million people a day. “There is no precedent even close to this since World War II.”
    We have been warned over and over again that this day was coming, and now it is here.

Like I said at the beginning of this article, I hope that you will share this information with as many people as possible, because this crisis really is going to affect every man, woman and child on the entire planet.

In my entire lifetime, I have never seen anything like this, and conditions are getting worse with each passing day.

A truly nightmarish global food crisis really is upon us, and hundreds of millions of innocent people are going to deeply suffer as a result.

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (5th April 2022), aoibhghaire (7th April 2022), avid (5th April 2022), bluestflame (5th April 2022), Brigantia (5th April 2022), Ewan (5th April 2022), gini (7th April 2022), Harmony (5th April 2022), Houman (6th April 2022), I am B (7th April 2022), Inversion (4th May 2022), Jambo (6th April 2022), justntime2learn (5th April 2022), lisalu (7th April 2022), mojo (7th April 2022), mountain_jim (5th April 2022), pabranno (5th April 2022), palehorse (14th May 2022), Reinhard (16th May 2022), Sue (Ayt) (5th April 2022), Sunny (5th April 2022), syrwong (14th May 2022), TomKat (5th April 2022), Violet3 (6th April 2022), Yoda (5th April 2022)

3. Link to Post #162
    Thanks

No information here that any Avalon reader will find surprising, but Chris Martenson lays out the grim prognosis with facts and graphs as very few others can.

Will Famine Emerge by Year End? Yes.

4. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

bluestflame (7th April 2022), Brigantia (7th April 2022), DNA (7th April 2022), Ewan (7th April 2022), Gwin Ru (7th April 2022), Harmony (8th April 2022), Houman (8th April 2022), I am B (7th April 2022), Inversion (4th May 2022), Jambo (7th April 2022), justntime2learn (7th April 2022), mojo (7th April 2022), Orph (7th April 2022), palehorse (14th May 2022), Reinhard (14th May 2022), Rosco1 (7th April 2022), Sue (Ayt) (7th April 2022), Yoda (8th April 2022)

5. Link to Post #163
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,423 times in 5,645 posts

Something is bothering me about the food shortage. It's a lot like all the other fear propaganda that has come before. Things like Covid, the jab, Ukraine, Supply chains etc. It's another way to control the narrative and usher in their Great Reset. I'm not saying it wont happen but it all seems to be connected and the thing is, it never had to happen. The MSM & the Cabal, Bill Gates, Soros, big Pharma & big Tech and the cabal are implicated in this. They dont care if people will suffer or die.

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Alecs (7th April 2022), Arcturian108 (22nd April 2022), Bill Ryan (7th April 2022), Brigantia (7th April 2022), Ewan (7th April 2022), Harmony (8th April 2022), I am B (7th April 2022), Inversion (4th May 2022), justntime2learn (7th April 2022), lisalu (7th April 2022), palehorse (14th May 2022), Reinhard (16th May 2022), Rosco1 (7th April 2022), Sue (Ayt) (7th April 2022), wondering (7th April 2022)

7. Link to Post #164
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,423 times in 5,645 posts

Here's Beck's perspective... Really worth the watch. He is saying. "it's the conditioning they want to put on us..."

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th April 2022), Brigantia (7th April 2022), Ewan (7th April 2022), gini (7th April 2022), Harmony (8th April 2022), Inversion (4th May 2022), Reinhard (14th May 2022), Sue (Ayt) (7th April 2022), wondering (7th April 2022)

9. Link to Post #165
    Language
    Fluent in bollox
    Thanks

Another Holodmor , Lenin "Let the peasants starve " so they would become the proletariat

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Catechism For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th April 2022), Brigantia (7th April 2022), Ewan (7th April 2022), gini (7th April 2022), Harmony (8th April 2022), Inversion (4th May 2022), justntime2learn (7th April 2022), mojo (7th April 2022), palehorse (14th May 2022), wondering (7th April 2022)

11. Link to Post #166
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,653 times in 8,595 posts

as posted in a similar thread

Quote Posted by mountain_jim (here)
    https://twitter.com/WallStreetSilv/s...S6qCzb_5oOaRKw

https://twitter.com/WallStreetSilv/s...S6qCzb_5oOaRKw

I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th April 2022), Brigantia (7th April 2022), Harmony (8th April 2022), Inversion (4th May 2022), Jambo (7th April 2022), justntime2learn (7th April 2022), lisalu (7th April 2022), meat suit (7th April 2022), mojo (7th April 2022), Reinhard (14th May 2022), Sue (Ayt) (7th April 2022), wondering (7th April 2022)

13. Link to Post #167
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,953 times in 2,389 posts

One should not forget that prior to industrial scale fertilisation crop rotation was a tried and trusted method.

Rotating livestock into spent soils rejuvenated them in as little as three years. Also certain crops growing together compliment each other very well.

In Thailand whilst rice farms generally only had one harvest per year, which was extremely sustainable, they didn't pay for fuels, fertilisers, machinery rental or purchases etc. It was ducks, chickens and water buffalo that provided the manure, and also fish*. Few overheads, simpler way of life.

Sounds bloody lovely if you ask me!

These days, whilst many farms produce two crops, the overheads are so high that less profit is made and life is harder - in addition the soils suffer from the aritificial fertilisers.

(**When the rainy season came the water ponds would overflow and fish would migrate into the open fields of rice paddys. It was a bad move for them in the short term but good for the soils and crops. Also I understand some fish can lay eggs that survive droughts and hatch in right conditions - don't know if that applies to this example though.)

14. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th April 2022), Brigantia (7th April 2022), Catechism (7th April 2022), Franny (22nd April 2022), gini (22nd April 2022), Harmony (8th April 2022), I am B (22nd April 2022), Inversion (4th May 2022), justntime2learn (7th April 2022), lisalu (7th April 2022), Matthew (22nd April 2022), meat suit (7th April 2022), mojo (7th April 2022), mountain_jim (7th April 2022), Nenuphar (7th April 2022), palehorse (14th May 2022), Peace in Oz (8th April 2022), Reinhard (14th May 2022), Rosco1 (7th April 2022), wondering (7th April 2022)

15. Link to Post #168
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,978 times in 1,342 posts

Thanks for that great chart Ewan! I've been following Huw Richards on YT who grows food on permaculture principles and have been learning a lot from this. From what he says, there is no need to keep adding fertilisers into the soil if you keep replenishing the soil's nutrients in the way that nature does so.

I've also got the go-ahead from my employer to study horticulture one day per week next academic year, yay! Big plans are under way for our garden to grow a lot more food.

As for wondering whether this supply crisis is artificial fear-mongering, having worked on a shop floor for the past two years I'm aware that the issues are very real on the ground. We've been run ragged in trying to get the job done and shelves filled, with erratic deliveries and 'feast or famine' supplies; nothing for days and then a ton of it arrives in a delivery. It's definitely gone haywire.

Of course, all those issues could have been engineered all the way along the line to the food manufacture processes.

16. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Alan (22nd April 2022), Bill Ryan (7th April 2022), Ewan (7th April 2022), Franny (22nd April 2022), Harmony (8th April 2022), Inversion (4th May 2022), justntime2learn (7th April 2022), Matthew (4th June 2022), meat suit (7th April 2022), mojo (7th April 2022), mountain_jim (8th April 2022), palehorse (14th May 2022), Peace in Oz (8th April 2022), Reinhard (16th May 2022), wondering (7th April 2022)

17. Link to Post #169
    Thanks

Live from Chris Martenson, started 5 mins ago.

Multiple Food Plants Erupt in Flames

Edit to add:
    Only the first 15 mins or so are about this, despite the title. Chris reaches no conclusions, apart from drawing attention to the apparently unlikely coincidences.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 21st April 2022 at 23:47.

18. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (22nd April 2022), bluestflame (21st April 2022), Ewan (22nd April 2022), Harmony (22nd April 2022), I am B (22nd April 2022), Inversion (4th May 2022), justntime2learn (22nd April 2022), Kryztian (21st April 2022), Matthew (22nd April 2022), mojo (15th May 2022), palehorse (14th May 2022), Peace in Oz (22nd April 2022), Reinhard (14th May 2022), Sadieblue (16th May 2022), Sunny (22nd April 2022), Violet3 (22nd April 2022), Yoda (22nd April 2022)

19. Link to Post #170
    Thanks

Folks, I rarely if ever post a video on three threads in parallel. (And I don't want to encourage others! ) But this is VERY VERY important, a detailed, high-quality summary by Chris Martenson of the systemic collapse that the EU and (very probably) the US are now almost inevitably heading towards.

It's about energy, and food, and also fertilizer — the shortage of which in the US Martenson is questioning whether is due to malice or stupidity. Martenson uses the word "starve" several times, including in his video title.

And he made this video before he heard of Vladimir Putin's decree earlier today banning Russian exports of oil, gas, wheat and other commodities to "unfriendly nations". That will lead to very, very bad times in the EU and the US.

While food shortages worldwide will be very serious, certainly in developing countries (leading to huge migration problems, principally in Europe: but that's a different topic), it may be the "unfriendly nations to Russia" that will be brought to their knees.

MUST SEE. Never has Martenson chosen a title like this.

Will You Starve to Death This Year?

20. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (4th May 2022), bluestflame (4th May 2022), Chip (4th May 2022), Ewan (4th May 2022), Franny (17th May 2022), Harmony (4th May 2022), I am B (14th May 2022), Inversion (4th May 2022), justntime2learn (14th May 2022), lisalu (4th May 2022), Matthew (14th May 2022), mojo (15th May 2022), palehorse (14th May 2022), Peace in Oz (4th May 2022), Reinhard (14th May 2022), Sadieblue (16th May 2022), Sunny (4th May 2022), Yoda (4th May 2022)

21. Link to Post #171
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

Quote Posted by palehorse (here)
    Today went to the fresh market and for my surprise the prices were almost 10% higher than my last visit, eggs were more expensive, meats, and veggies.. two of my favorite sellers were not there, even the coconut guy were not there (he sells an amazing coconut milk and pressed oil), today is Friday they should be all there, but many places were empty. I will investigate further and check another fresh market to see if I can visualize patterns on this thing. For now I confirm prices are higher, but the goods still there.
    All right, just a quick report on prices in my area

Today went out for shop and eggs are 44.4% higher since my last report, it feels like it is going up 10% every 15 days.. it is just crazy.
    Not only eggs, wheat flour, meat (pork/beef/chicken/fish), and any derivative of eggs and wheat are higher now.

Last week I planted lots of ginger and galangal roots among with kale and spinach, going for the sweet potato and corn now, since raining season is approaching.

---

Restaurants in my area all rising prices by now (anything from 25% to 66%), it explains why business owners are complaining a lot about almost no customers.. the restaurant in the corner of my home, changed hands for the fifth time since the start of this scamdemic fraud.

Let's see where it will go, but it doesn't look good.

EDIT
    Folks regardless of what all "the medias" are saying, hyped or not, just do a simple thing, go around your town and check the prices, check the supplies, talk to people.. that should be enough to give light in what is really going on in your local area.. I am doing it since the start of this ****ing scamdemic fraud, and that's what I am reporting here, it is the most effective way.
    By now I know one thing, I have to stock up on many goods for at least a year or so and rotate the ones I already got.. 44% for eggs tells me a huge sh1tstorm is coming.

2ndEDIT
    Thanks @Ewan for the chart, pretty good one.
    Last edited by palehorse; 14th May 2022 at 06:30.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

22. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Arcturian108 (16th May 2022), Bassplayer1 (14th May 2022), Bill Ryan (14th May 2022), bluestflame (14th May 2022), Brigantia (14th May 2022), Ewan (14th May 2022), Franny (17th May 2022), Harmony (14th May 2022), I am B (14th May 2022), justntime2learn (14th May 2022), Matthew (14th May 2022), mojo (15th May 2022), Sadieblue (16th May 2022), Sue (Ayt) (14th May 2022), Sunny (14th May 2022), wondering (16th May 2022)

23. Link to Post #172
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,006 times in 337 posts

Following Palehorse's post, I went to the supermarket here in Barcelona yesterday too. I do the general shopping every 15 days/1 month since I don't live too close to it. The last two times it has been a borderline dystopian experience. "Fortunately", it works as a confirmation of what I've been trying to explain to friends and family, and It comes not too late for them to prepare accordingly.

There is a bunch of symbolic standard products I always keep track on.
    A spanish pastry product called "sobao". Fat sugary thingy that is super cheap and used to get it it for my fat friends, used to be 1€ for a big pack of twelve. 15 days ago it was 2'5€, and now it is not in stock anymore.

Big cans of tuna were 3'90€. Now they are 6'40€.

Almonds kept the same price and package, but the content was sneakily reduced from 600g to 400g. Keep an eye on that kind of quantity cut too.

Finally, Everytime I shop I spend an extra 20/30€ on prepping supplies. (Extra non perishable food, meds or utilities). Pasta went from 1€ to 1'60€, The can of meatballs went from 0.90€ to 1.85€, and the Kg of Rice went a similar path that I don't have numbers for right now.

We're talking +50/100% the price increase. A cart that used to be 130€/150€ now it can easily get to 200€, and It is happening.

Not to get into gas, that despite a 0.25€/L cut in government taxes, Is already bordering the 2€/L mark yet again.

24. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to I am B For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (14th May 2022), Bill Ryan (14th May 2022), bluestflame (14th May 2022), Brigantia (14th May 2022), Ewan (14th May 2022), Franny (17th May 2022), Harmony (14th May 2022), indiana (14th May 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (14th May 2022), justntime2learn (14th May 2022), mojo (15th May 2022), onevoice (15th May 2022), Reinhard (16th May 2022), Sadieblue (16th May 2022), Sue (Ayt) (14th May 2022), Sunny (14th May 2022), wondering (16th May 2022)

25. Link to Post #173
    Thanks

From The Guardian (and many other media sites)
    Food protests continue across Iran as one person reported dead

Soaring prices of wheat and basic goods bring protests to cities across Iran as internet outages suggest attempted clampdown Prices on flour-based staples have risen as much as 300%

Protests over soaring food prices continued in several cities in Iran on Saturday, according to postings on social media, while an Iranian lawmaker told local media one person was killed in a demonstration in the south-west.

The protests were triggered last week by a cut in state subsidies for imported wheat that caused price hikes of as much as 300% for a variety of flour-based staples. The government of President Ebrahim Raisi also raised prices of basic goods such as cooking oil and dairy products.

The northern city of Rasht, the central town of Farsan and the north-eastern city of Neyshabur were among areas hit by protests, according to videos posted on social media.

“Raisi, have some shame, let go of the country!” chanted protesters on one such video. Reuters could not independently authenticate the videos.

Local lawmaker Ahmad Avai told the semi-official ILNA news agency one person had been killed during rallies in Dezful, a city in the oil-producing southwestern province of Khuzestan.

State media earlier said an estimated 300 people were dispersed by security forces in Dezful and 15 were arrested late on Thursday.

In the first signs of discontent over price rises, Iranian media last week reported disrupted internet services, an apparent attempt to stop the use of social media to organise rallies and disseminate videos.

Internet blockage observatory NetBlocks on Saturday reported a disruption lasting hours on Iran’s MobinNet. “The disruption is the latest in a series of telecoms cuts amid protests,” NetBlocks said on Twitter.

Wheat prices have sharply risen globally since the start of the Russian invasion of Ukraine in February, adding to the cost of subsidies in Iran.

Iranian officials have also blamed the price hikes on the smuggling of heavily subsidised flour into neighbouring Iraq and Afghanistan.

26. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (17th May 2022), Alan (15th May 2022), avid (15th May 2022), Bassplayer1 (17th May 2022), Brigantia (15th May 2022), BushPilot (15th May 2022), Ernie Nemeth (15th May 2022), Ewan (17th May 2022), Franny (17th May 2022), Harmony (15th May 2022), I am B (15th May 2022), Inversion (15th May 2022), lisalu (17th May 2022), Matthew (16th May 2022), mojo (15th May 2022), onevoice (15th May 2022), Reinhard (16th May 2022), Sadieblue (16th May 2022), Violet3 (16th May 2022), wondering (16th May 2022), Yoda (17th May 2022), ZenBaller (15th May 2022)

27. Link to Post #174
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,309 times in 307 posts

I have noticed in my area, the cans and packages are getting even smaller, yet the prices are increasing every week. What I used to normally get in cost has tripled. The shelves where I shop are pretty well stocked, but have noticed that a lot of it is "no-name" stuff, like weird name brands. I never buy very much meat products but what they do have available is so high one cannot afford to buy it. A package of 8 hotdog franks are $6.99, use to be $2.99, and they aren't even the ones made of beef, they are made of chicken and pork.

Glad I have been stocking up for about six months now, a little at a time. If I don't need it all, I will be sharing with others. Be sure to stock up on beans and rice, still fairly cheap and has a long shelf live.

28. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Sadieblue For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (17th May 2022), Bill Ryan (16th May 2022), Brigantia (16th May 2022), Ewan (17th May 2022), Franny (17th May 2022), Harmony (16th May 2022), I am B (16th May 2022), Inversion (17th May 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (17th May 2022), justntime2learn (16th May 2022), lisalu (17th May 2022), Matthew (16th May 2022), pyrangello (17th May 2022), Sue (Ayt) (16th May 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (16th May 2022), Violet3 (16th May 2022), wondering (16th May 2022)

29. Link to Post #175
    United States Avalon Member jtcribbs's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Bill, do you think the food crisis stuff is activity originating from the old Anglo Saxon Mission plans? And have you posted on this aspect recently somewhere? Thanks.

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jtcribbs For This Post:

avid (17th May 2022), Bassplayer1 (17th May 2022), Bill Ryan (17th May 2022), Brigantia (17th May 2022), Eram (18th May 2022), Ewan (17th May 2022), Harmony (17th May 2022), justntime2learn (17th May 2022), lisalu (17th May 2022), pyrangello (17th May 2022), Sue (Ayt) (17th May 2022), wondering (17th May 2022)

31. Link to Post #176
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,725 times in 2,088 posts

Just got back from our small local grocery store, most expensive item I bought today was a large jar of mayonnaise. 9.54 for the jar, large jar of peanut butter was over 7.00. Had a conversation with a customer today , he said his neighbor who is a farmer who grows corn spent $7000.00 fertilizer last year to grow his crops told my customer that the same amount of fertilizer now is $28,000 . He is not planting this year at all.

32. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

AlaBil (17th May 2022), avid (17th May 2022), Bassplayer1 (17th May 2022), Bill Ryan (17th May 2022), Brigantia (17th May 2022), Ewan (17th May 2022), Franny (17th May 2022), Harmony (17th May 2022), I am B (17th May 2022), Inversion (17th May 2022), justntime2learn (17th May 2022), lisalu (17th May 2022), Merkaba360 (17th May 2022), onawah (17th May 2022), Sue (Ayt) (17th May 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (17th May 2022), wondering (17th May 2022)

33. Link to Post #177
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jtcribbs (here)
    Hi Bill, do you think the food crisis stuff is activity originating from the old Anglo Saxon Mission plans? And have you posted on this aspect recently somewhere? Thanks.
    Good question, and I don't know. I wrote something about this here, on the Anglo-Saxon Mission thread in response to questions from new member johnshen. That was a long post (do read! ), but I feel sure it's still only part of the picture.

I'm thinking of writing something up that might at least try to start bringing all this together. My strong suspicion is that there's a FAR bigger context here that most analysts (including ourselves!) are only looking at smaller parts of, all apparently disconnected but actually fitting into one larger whole that very few understand. (And maybe that's no-one in the alt media at all.)

This thread is looking at and reporting on one of the genuinely very important parts, so I don't want to take this off-topic. Thanks again, and let me think about how I might try to stitch it all together.

34. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

AlaBil (17th May 2022), avid (17th May 2022), Bassplayer1 (17th May 2022), Billy Vasiliadis (17th May 2022), bluestflame (17th May 2022), Brigantia (17th May 2022), Eram (18th May 2022), Ewan (17th May 2022), Harmony (17th May 2022), justntime2learn (17th May 2022), lisalu (17th May 2022), meat suit (17th May 2022), mountain_jim (17th May 2022), pyrangello (17th May 2022), Sunny (17th May 2022), Tintin (17th May 2022), wondering (17th May 2022), Yoda (17th May 2022)

35. Link to Post #178
    Thanks

Bank of England Governor Warns Of ‘Apocalyptic’ Food Price Rises Due To Ukraine War

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b0c2dce652ccef

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to indiana For This Post:

Agape (17th May 2022), Bassplayer1 (17th May 2022), Bill Ryan (17th May 2022), Brigantia (17th May 2022), Ewan (17th May 2022), Harmony (17th May 2022), justntime2learn (17th May 2022), pyrangello (17th May 2022), wondering (17th May 2022)

37. Link to Post #179
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,243 times in 4,597 posts

I have to say two things here: claims and warnings about “food shortages” are unreal at this point , they may be artificially created by competing global manufacturers and other monopolies at any time steeping the pressure on global populace and their leaders to change their approach or perish.

Prices of food are rising so sharply here in India that it’s a shock to common populace in total save for the “top 10%” I guess , what’s worse is that unseen multitudes will be soon down to black tea, maybe some rice and dal , sugar and the-end-of-market soap because the rest of modern advanced products are not affordable anymore,
    fruits and vegetables cost 30% more than before the war erupted in Ukraine and every price on every product is being upped almost overnight.

I don’t like to say this but we are all equally depressed by the sight and disarmed against it at the same time.

Again I repeat and I know the same to be true for 99% human territories on this planet, “food shortages” are unnecessary, unreal and product of someone’s greed and manipulation.

Millions are going hungry every day and it will affect more people soon , at the same time tons of food are being wasted, the same costly fruits and vegetables never sold to those who needed them in the day go spoiled in 3 days, dried out, lucky to be fed to the cows.
    Same for diary all over the world: over pricing results directly in big loss of the food and trust of your customers, people who need to eat trusting in your common sense, accountability for the small and big alike , people who work and serve society the best need to eat well to keep working.

If governments push this agenda of rising food prices people will revolt all over the world because governments underestimate the amount of poverty and human suffering in general,
    hoping we are all in the same situation and will continue trusting the world they are creating for us,
    world of competition , wars and economic crisis.

Why on Earth should every second student hold Master Degree in economics and business management ? Are these the only jobs children should think about,
    I mean, do you consider them “real professions” even ?

Why not repair the economics by honest, transparent acknowledgement of facts and reassurance to the people that they are in fact quite able to feed themselves and their nation?

Why if we are basking in tons of food products are we made to starve because it all costs so much ?

🐚
    Last edited by Agape; 17th May 2022 at 13:30.

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (17th May 2022), Bill Ryan (17th May 2022), Brigantia (17th May 2022), Ewan (17th May 2022), gord (19th May 2022), Harmony (17th May 2022), justntime2learn (17th May 2022), pyrangello (17th May 2022)

39. Link to Post #180
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,279 times in 1,399 posts

It's hitting home in the fast food places here in America now. I went to Sonic drive in yesterday to get a crispy chicken sandwich and they told me the plant that processed all their chicken burned down and they were having supply problems. I ordered chicken strips, got the same reply, supply issues. All they had was a foot long Coney dog so I got that. That's the first place to say, 'Supply Issues' to me but I hear from friends that McDonald's is doing that with some choices also although I don't know what items as I rarely eat there at all!
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th May 2022), Brigantia (17th May 2022), Ewan (17th May 2022), Harmony (17th May 2022), justntime2learn (17th May 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 9 12 LastLast