+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 5 12 LastLast

Thread: Food shortages are unavoidable now.

1. Link to Post #81
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Food shortages are unavoidable now.

Shortages for not only food but for resources in general are inevitable given a combination of the ff.

- limits to growth driven by physical limitations of the biosphere;

- the effects of long-term environmental damage on resource availability;

- increasing debt as part of global, competitive capitalism, leading to frequent economic crashes;

- multi-fold increase in arms development and deployment, leading to permanent conflict, especially over resources;

- increased vectors for the spread of disease, disrupting supply chains and the point that there are only a few days' worth of processed food, medicine, fuel, etc., in every town and city worldwide;

and so on.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ralfy For This Post:

Karen (Geophyz) (24th May 2021), palehorse (24th May 2021), Victoria (8th June 2021)

3. Link to Post #82
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

I fasted for 25 days with just water and salt supplement once, I just did a 5 day fast... we are mostly western society... eating 3 times a day doesn't make sense, we'll be fine
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

fifi (3rd June 2021), gord (24th May 2021), Hym (24th May 2021), I am B (24th May 2021), Inversion (2nd June 2021), Jambo (24th May 2021), justntime2learn (3rd June 2021), meeradas (5th June 2021), palehorse (24th May 2021), s7e6e (24th May 2021), Sunny-side-up (5th June 2021), Victoria (8th June 2021)

5. Link to Post #83
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,529 times in 32,788 posts

Posted yesterday:
    All JBS Beef Plants in U.S. Shut After Cyberattack

All of JBS SA’s beef plants in the U.S. have been shut as a result of a cyberattack that targeted some of the company’s servers over the weekend, according to an official at the United Food & Commercial Workers.

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (2nd June 2021), Eva2 (2nd June 2021), Ewan (8th June 2021), gord (2nd June 2021), Gwin Ru (2nd June 2021), Harmony (2nd June 2021), Inversion (2nd June 2021), justntime2learn (3rd June 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (2nd June 2021), kudzy (2nd June 2021), Pam (2nd June 2021), Rosco1 (2nd June 2021), Sadieblue (2nd June 2021), Sue (Ayt) (2nd June 2021), Sunny (2nd June 2021), Victoria (8th June 2021), wondering (2nd June 2021), Yoda (2nd June 2021)

7. Link to Post #84
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,882 times in 612 posts

It is about to get very interesting here in the States I am afraid. The price spikes in food are startling. I worry how old people on a limited income will survive, and the poor who were already struggling. We as a people have forgotten how to grow and produce our own food. This morning I walked around my garden munching fresh veggies but not everyone can or will do that. We need to get prepared. Soon there will be those that have and the rest who do not. Then the rioting and looting as well as murders will begin in earnest. This is the new America and it is not pretty.
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

8. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Alan (2nd June 2021), Bill Ryan (2nd June 2021), Brigantia (2nd June 2021), EarthGirl (2nd June 2021), Eva2 (2nd June 2021), Ewan (8th June 2021), gord (2nd June 2021), Gwin Ru (3rd June 2021), Harmony (2nd June 2021), Inversion (2nd June 2021), justntime2learn (3rd June 2021), onawah (2nd June 2021), Peace in Oz (3rd June 2021), Rosco1 (2nd June 2021), Sadieblue (2nd June 2021), Sue (Ayt) (2nd June 2021), Tintin (4th June 2021), Victoria (8th June 2021), Wansen (2nd June 2021), wondering (2nd June 2021)

9. Link to Post #85
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,457 times in 4,332 posts

... mass starvation in India, from Jim Stone:
    THE TRUTH COMES OUT FROM AN INDIAN FARMER

There have not been covid deaths in India, all the dead have died of starvation caused by lockdowns. All the dead floating in the river were people who were starved to death. They locked the farmers down, did not permit them to work in any way, including tending their animals, and now they are starving. He also goes over what is going to happen elsewhere, they are gearing up for total genocide and he's already seen this first hand.

See/listen to video at http://82.221.129.208/.um9.html

10. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd June 2021), Brigantia (2nd June 2021), EarthGirl (2nd June 2021), Eva2 (2nd June 2021), fifi (3rd June 2021), gord (2nd June 2021), Inversion (2nd June 2021), Jambo (2nd June 2021), justntime2learn (3rd June 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (2nd June 2021), Matthew (4th June 2021), onawah (2nd June 2021), Peace in Oz (3rd June 2021), Sadieblue (2nd June 2021), Sue (Ayt) (2nd June 2021), Sunny (2nd June 2021), Tintin (4th June 2021), Victoria (8th June 2021)

11. Link to Post #86
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,243 times in 4,597 posts

Quote Posted by Gwin Ru (here)

There have not been covid deaths in India, all the dead have died of starvation caused by lockdowns. All the dead floating in the river were people who were starved to death. They locked the farmers down, did not permit them to work in any way, including tending their animals, and now they are starving. He also goes over what is going to happen elsewhere, they are gearing up for total genocide and he's already seen this first hand.

That’s a nonsense and I’m unpleasantly surprised if not offended by news of this kind being repeatedly posted and thanked on your forum, relying on naivety of readers who have never been further than to Northern Cheshire and certainly never visited India.

The situation of Covid epidemic in India is certainly difficult since it started and there is still lots of poverty in India to deal with.

But if you have been here in India more than decade or two ago you don’t know what’s today’s India like or about, at all, sorry to say that.

I feel badly number of times for this reason :

I’m in India now but NO MATTER where I was or what I said on this forum my statements were always I felt ,
    seen through some rather psychotic perspective of “eternal doubt”,

who knows about what or for what reason.

It’s not a healthy air to work in , or is it .

I will re-read and reconsider my previous contributions and future ones too if there is no way to treat normal, decent people who don’t or did not have either legal or mental issues compelling them to some kind of pathological lying syndrome for their life time , as people.

Will PM Bill Ryan with full reasons if necessary.

Deeply sickening

🙏

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Sue (Ayt) (4th June 2021), Victoria (8th June 2021), wondering (4th June 2021)

13. Link to Post #87
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,614 times in 5,415 posts

That's a video that needs to go viral. Many thanks for linking us to it
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Gwin Ru (4th June 2021), Matthew (4th June 2021), wondering (4th June 2021)

15. Link to Post #88
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,532 times in 2,553 posts

Quote Posted by Agape (here)

That’s a nonsense and I’m unpleasantly surprised if not offended by news of this kind being repeatedly posted and thanked on your forum, relying on naivety of readers who have never been further than to Northern Cheshire and certainly never visited India.
    Agape - Respectfully, could you set us straight as to what you are seeing going on there? It helps us all to understand things from the perspective of someone who is actually in the midst of places we read about, and many don't have the sheer time to read every post, so much is missed.
    Respectful Thanks
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Agape (8th June 2021), Bill Ryan (4th June 2021), gord (4th June 2021), Harmony (8th June 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (4th June 2021), Sadieblue (4th June 2021), Victoria (8th June 2021), wondering (4th June 2021)

17. Link to Post #89
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,838 times in 650 posts

I had a report from a close friend, who has friends out in India that had been in touch just a few weeks ago, and they had said to not believe what was being reported in the western media, i.e. mass covid deaths, but that the country was/is experiencing mass starvation and food shortages.

And just think, is the framework in place in rural India to collate all of the numbers of people tested, people found negative/positive & people who have died? Because the numbers that were getting chucked around in western media, 28.6 million tested, 26.6 million recovered, 341,000 dead, sound like they've been pulled out of a hat to me.

How are they collating these numbers?

Take that for what it's worth, it's just the FEAR dial turned up to number 11 in my book.
    Last edited by The Moss Trooper; 4th June 2021 at 17:55.
    May your Spirit stay unbroken, may you not be deterred.

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to The Moss Trooper For This Post:

Agape (8th June 2021), Bill Ryan (4th June 2021), Eva2 (4th June 2021), fifi (8th June 2021), gord (4th June 2021), Gwin Ru (4th June 2021), Harmony (8th June 2021), onevoice (4th June 2021), Peace in Oz (6th June 2021), Sadieblue (4th June 2021), Sue (Ayt) (4th June 2021), Victoria (8th June 2021), wondering (4th June 2021)

19. Link to Post #90
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

... see this post (<---)

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th June 2021), fifi (8th June 2021), Harmony (8th June 2021), Peace in Oz (6th June 2021), Sue (Ayt) (5th June 2021)

21. Link to Post #91
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sue (Ayt) (here)
    Quote Posted by Agape (here)

Agape - Respectfully, could you set us straight as to what you are seeing going on there? It helps us all to understand things from the perspective of someone who is actually in the midst of places we read about, and many don't have the sheer time to read every post, so much is missed.
    Respectful Thanks

Gwin Ru has already posted similar link in the India - Covid thread, some time ago.

India is very big and diverse country, a subcontinent with 1.5 billion people, 28 states and 8 territories, it isn’t a “homogenous culture” as you would expect or are used to when referring to other countries ,
    and more pertinently, it isn’t run in centralised, organised manner by a party or government the same way that China is run by communist party or the way Thailand for example, runs being comparably much smaller and nearly a monoculture.

There is huge cultural, linguistic, economical and even religious diversity in India while thanks to modern English nearly everyone can understand the other people if they care.

Every state has its own climate and range of problems to solve. They all report and rely on central government in Delhi for support and sync their decisions with ruling policies and decisions but in practice,
    average Indian minds are independent and strong headed, responsible for their local situations.

Thus, no one “automatically agrees” with what’s going on at any times. My Indian friends always told me “if there is a (political) current in India, the undercurrent or opposition that’s not presented as “official opinion” is always equally strong”.

Being so big and philosophically conditioned by understanding of change and impermanence as inevitable, democracy - no matter HOW imperfect is a living,
    striving impulse that takes place and reshuffles its formate at all times,
    despite the look of “imperfection” you would hardly find a country where things get discussed and sorted everyday, at all times,
    often voluntarily, whether someone ( the government) help or not.

The link Gwin Ru has posted is specific to the “Indian farmers movement” that came up coincidentally with the beginning of the epidemics of last year.

It would come up anyway: and it’s largely a political movement fuelled by India opposition party - the Congress party who ran this country open to every foreign influence till Native BJP ( Indian National Party) won the elections in 2013,
    with PM Narendra Modi, upholding the philosophy of native, authentic values and addressing practical problems of India and its people that lied neglected for decades,
    including ( but not limited to) the creation of new medical and social care net ( that did not previously exist in India ), support to small businesses and operators, investment to future type of technologies and projects ( solar power stations, planned transition to electric cars, countless environmental and nature preservation projects, housing projects and so forth).

As I’ve said above, India is big and complicated country and the largest living democracy in the world.
    Things won’t happen “according to plan” like in China, ignoring weather or current opinions of people.

There were so many problems here to address from the previous eras of British Raj and post , so much negligence to people’s lives, starvation, illness , etc.
    that to pick all these issues and people up would require a saint ( and living God).

Now the situation of “Indian farmers” who protest and demand change in laws ( despite a huge economic aid packet had been released to them last month ) became popularised on social media by those like Greta Thunberg and Indian Bollywood stars , among else - with the subtle difference of any outsider misunderstanding it for “righteous movement” while on inside the fight is mostly political.

People in India ( well like in most “democratic countries”) can get really hot about their elections and fights for opinion about “who is at the wheel”.

The laws this farmers movement protest against, some of them, are more than 60 years old - more or less- and were in fact, hugely liberal such as, allowing local farmers trade their products locally for subsidised prices.

Naturally, through last decades the demand and transport of people and products across India rose exponentially - similarly to European supermarkets - we now eat fruits ( and other products) imported from other states even in “off season” - and why wouldn’t you if the seasonal production of mangoes ( for example) is so big in South India that they rot by tons if not eaten.
    The same goes for most other fruits and veggies, the problem is climate and infrastructures and sorting the logistics for both producers ( farmers) and customer care on the other side of the chain.

In India no one would eat “compromised food” unless by accident or unless they have to.

So plenty of farming products do end up in the compost just because the climate is too hot to allow preservation and processing.

The laws allowing farmers to sell their products for “free price” ( usually the lowest price but often, commonly agreed on ) in local markets were changed while ago in favour of preferred government subsidy on prices equalised with pricing g in local states and markets.

Such as in practice, they either can’t or should not be able to sell for more than limits set by all India government. In return - their investment and price are protected by law and they can be ( even theoretically - the system did not exist here while ago) insured and guaranteed the same price on Indian wholesale market all over the year and support ( and insurance) in years and seasons with natural calamities and heavy losses.

Farmers are very big part of India’s populace and some of the poorest people till now.

With every child in India getting education nowadays it’s their children who are literate now and trying to understand their situation : children regardless,
    no you can’t embrace in depth global perspective when you’re just about 9, 12 or 16.

In depth education in any subject takes years of genuine effort that never ends there.

The time of 20th century, its dictators and convictions on “how to run the world” are probably not “gone yet” but the “middle age” ( or do you want to hear ever repeated “middle class” ) people of today are rather familiar with how fast things can change and evolve, most of us live on kind of “production line”, isn’t it so ( moving belt).

Being “well settled” and rather stagnant in their lifestyle is now a luxury reserved for the few super-rich , most of whom long for the opposite , paradoxically, as always.

The rest of us - live on moving belts of endless uncertainty.

The difference between rich and poor ( from both tails of the curve) is much bigger than it ever were, though solutions may be at hand,
    those who had got to the top of the proverbial food chain and I don’t mean governments ,
    they’re often the least empathetic and the least friendly among humans, they are people pursuing their interests whom no one can approach unless they would suffer in consequence.

I think it would probably help if someone living in the areas concerned explained the situation of farmers in India better but don’t be that enthusiastic on being able to communicate with people who :

a/need to be able to communicate with their own government the first

The gov is trying to help them, not kill them . They’ve been difficult and staging protests all winter in situation of Covid lockdown.
    The same people camped all winter around Delhi and many roads and states demanding response to their situation while everyone else had full hands.

b/your sympathy with them is good sign of times - but they have always been here ..for thousands of years

It will take another generation for them to understand and acknowledge that human situation around the globe is not dissimilar to theirs.

The only way most of them know about the “world outside of India” is through TV news and movies ( and tourism ). They live in grand illusion that makes anyone from outside of India look like millionaire. They don’t understand that the other countries “out there” don’t somehow automatically care of their citizens.
    That there is no “social care support” in most European countries you could actually live from very long and that average Europeans and Americans with families often work 16 hours a day to support themselves and kids education and get two weeks holiday a year.

They are not in great situation at all but I’ve seen people like them all around the world.

There are millions of homeless people in Americas and millions of homeless refugees in Europe.

If you want to help “all those people” , help someone individually if you can is all I can say.

My own situation has been an international turmoil through last 5 years or so. I have no insurance anywhere, no source of income, no page with donation button even.

I’ve tried to explain here on the forum what kind of mean thing has happened to me in Uruguay ( whole another topic), no one even moved an eye brow on this forum,
    thought I had “friends” here after 10 years ...bang. None.

I have usually food for two days, pay my rent and don’t think of any plans.

Philosophically I’m much better adjusted to living beyond the argument than most people would be, I guess.

Another topic but yes thanks for asking, it’s normal here to feel hungry and starve yourself to how far you can because this is your human world where you decide people’s values and whether they match your times ,
    personality profiles ..

and the rest of psychological programming you were adjusted to without asking .

The people out there ...

🌟🦢🌟

..end of rant....

( what would you err expect ???)
    Last edited by Agape; 8th June 2021 at 04:03.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Ewan (8th June 2021), fifi (8th June 2021), Harmony (8th June 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (16th June 2021), Sue (Ayt) (8th June 2021), Victoria (8th June 2021)

23. Link to Post #92
    Thanks

Quote Posted by The Moss Trooper (here)
    I had a report from a close friend, who has friends out in India that had been in touch just a few weeks ago, and they had said to not believe what was being reported in the western media, i.e. mass covid deaths, but that the country was/is experiencing mass starvation and food shortages.

And just think, is the framework in place in rural India to collate all of the numbers of people tested, people found negative/positive & people who have died? Because the numbers that were getting chucked around in western media, 28.6 million tested, 26.6 million recovered, 341,000 dead, sound like they've been pulled out of a hat to me.

How are they collating these numbers?

Take that for what it's worth, it's just the FEAR dial turned up to number 11 in my book.

There has always been some starvation in India, through 30 years when I first came here as young student
    though the situation has improved rather dramatically over last 20 years.

You would not get to hear about it I suppose unless you’ve visited India yourself - rural areas , the suburbs and so forth.

Naturally, the millions of people on the brink of starvation will die first in case of calamity.

This is true but claiming things such as “there are no Covid related death” and the pandemics is a scam belongs straight to the “Covid denial thread” that was locked some time ago .

If anyone posting this kind of “conspiratorial stuff” would care to read news from India everyday , they would easily recognize and realise the situation is chaotic but not quite dissimilar to theirs.

Anyone with interest and the least of internet search ability can do this, watch news, documentaries, see photos.

Why would anyone in our age grab for a singular piece of outcry as “portrayal of the truth” trying to deny the situation of Covid pandemic we deal with globally for year and half now.

This is what I’m talking about.

It’s not that different or exotic here from what you’re accustomed to.

The “Covid deniers thread” was locked long ago already yet, some people use the opportunity to comment on countries quite foreign to them to spill around unreal agenda.

India is great country and most of you will be always welcome here and treated in the most hospitable manner no matter “where are you from” once international borders open.

I would only recommend that people read and see more about today’s India on the internet if you can,
    the thousands years of history and culture, its people won’t go anywhere.
    And there is so much living power and intelligence here that will continue to prosper,
    so many opportunities for people of all kinds of specialisations and interests.

It’s a pity if the old gig of “poor Indian farmer” that could be thousand years old gig gets replayed again, without seeing the full picture, without a wish to know the state of abundance and chaos , without ability to understand.

I always thank everyone who cares about India from the bottom of my heart ( including Gwin Ru).

But simple lies and conspiracy theories such as “coronavirus epidemics is unreal” do not help.

They’re also unreal compared to the scale of humanitarian situation worldwide and I’ve myself stressed that many times,
    medical care systems even in the “most advanced economies”

in the world we live in are likewise insufficient and unreal.

Medical care systems in most EU countries and the UK nowadays are juggling insufficiency, disaster and control loops with people either paying dearly for therapies and medication or being under-treated.

Does it give anyone the right to give up ?

Many people in situations of medical disability do live underprivileged lives with no “get out” options whether they become prisoners of their families or institutions. The people who complain and who are the weakest have rarely any voice at all.

I’m not an activist ( of any kind) or aspiring politician 😅

Even getting over this heat and situation argument of “all the other people” requires genuine inner work.

Practically, we are still in lockdown with about 5 hours allowed everyday for essential outings.

Personally: I am not going anywhere than to the mountains where cars and motorbikes can not go.
    It has nothing to do with Covid at all but due to my recent past events,
    I’m not going to “take a ride” or bus any sooner than I would even consent to it ( and my stomach).

Cars are obviously not my “friends” or never were, since childhood and no I don’t like any kinds of social activities a lot, trains and buses, no no

Happy to be able to be around otherwise

🙏

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Ewan (8th June 2021), Harmony (8th June 2021), Sue (Ayt) (8th June 2021), Victoria (8th June 2021), wondering (8th June 2021)

25. Link to Post #93
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,097 times in 205 posts

It's clear the controllers are doing all they can to sabotage food production , secretly causing anomalous weather to destroy crops , supply chain disruption and many other ways ...

But this is an extremely difficult one for them to crack on a world wide level, as is global economic collapse ....

I am a food producer in Thailand , mangoteen , durian , many other fruits .... bananas and coconuts grow wild and are too cheap to harvest ... I know from experience there is a lot of slack in the industry .... much food goes to waste because it's value does not pay the wages of people needed to harvest it , it falls and rots on the ground ... So as soon as prices start to rise , this waste will end , and tend to push prices down .... Same is true for rice production , if prices rise , farmers can afford more fertilizer and outputs increase pushing prices down ...

The only way I can see global shortages of staples like wheat , corn , rice etc is if the cabal secretly buy all they can and dump it at sea . This would be a massive operation , and would only cause problems for a year or two ...

In industrialized countries and big cities the supply chain could be disrupted by a fake 'cyber attack' ... if power was gone for days supermarkets would also be looted , food delivery trucks highjacked ....

26. Link to Post #94
    Thanks

Actually to clarify the “food shortages” situation even bit further since this is an important topic for all of us,
    if memory serves me well food prices started rising after 2005/6 globally,
    just after I’ve returned from India after 6 years.

Our country never adopted Euro trying to avoid or rather delay of economical downfall such as they’ve experienced in Italy or Germany where food prices went up 5-10 times ( in some cases) almost overnight
    but I have no problem with calculating efficiently in several currencies simultaneously over the years so not a big deal.

What we have experienced in EU was continuous state of inflation of food items price,
    on packet price labels had to be discarded at that point
    as the price was always higher the next time you visited supermarket.

From week to week, day to day, there was “innocent rise” by cents, some bigger jumps too, as a result and in ten years,
    your loaf of bread or piece of cheese costs about ten times more than before.

The same has happened here in India in 2012/13 right after the BJP won elections, in big step towards justifiable world economy especially and fundamentally food economy,
    with aim to equalise food prices worldwide ,

the price of rice and dal ( lentils), Indian staple, rose 10 times.

The rest of groceries and essentials were upped simultaneously such as the price of sugar, milk but also fruits and vegetables.

They are still on rise now, especially since the pandemics started.

25 years ago, young people, travellers of all kinds considered India great “food country”. There was always abundance of food in India as India is huge on natural resources and crops turn around two or three times a year, depending on monsoons.

In days of old people used to live cheaper in India but could still eat a lot.
    Even the poorest of the poor could get hands on big portions of rice and dal or vegetables easily.

A thali ( big plate of rice and various chutneys and other items) could cost 25 Rupees at the street dhaba ( I still remember that so do my friends eaters ).

Nowadays and walking to even the simplest of dhabas,
    a simple khicheri ( mix of rice and dal) costs 100-200 Ruppes,
    expect to pay 300 Rupees for a Thali unless it’s ‘special’.

That’s about 5-6 USD for a simple meal ( no drinks included),
    the same you expect to pay in your home town anywhere around the world,
    nowadays , in my opinion ( but you may be eating cheaper).

Think of any better restaurant be prepared to pay times more.

Water melon or salad lollo rosso will cost you about the same here as in your home town as well. Check the price of SEEDS for yourself.

There are 5 SEEDS in a package costing about $ 2.5.

For how much you as a farmer do you want to sell them if one of the 5 does not grow up .

It’s a simple math. There isn’t ever much revenue from small farming. People who stayed with small farming, even here in India do it mostly for the joy of living and because and till they are physically capable of doing it,
    The next generation , their children these days, most of them refuse to participate and tend to their studies quite like our grand- and parents generations did.

Millions of people built guest houses on their plots instead and turned to smart tourist industry that can earn them “real money” through out the season,
    some of them still cultivate small crops but they mostly, serve the village.

In short, I don’t believe in “food shortages” any soon unless they are orchestrated and artificial. There really is abundance of food resources on this Planet

but due to the current state of human society
    much is being misused and wasted.

In the same years I’ve described prices rising sharply in EU supermarkets I saw tons of products ( think milk products, breads etc.) being scrapped and turned to waste everyday evening just because there were SO MANY products out of sudden,
    the market was essentially overwhelmed.

Seen the same thing everywhere. The very approach to food turning somehow ungrateful and uncultured.

Academics dining on plastic plates, as a norm.

Food around everywhere being wasted.

Now you’re telling me, you worry.

But I’m worried about this civilisation a lot and for long now ..

😢
    Last edited by Agape; 8th June 2021 at 08:33.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Ewan (8th June 2021), Harmony (8th June 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (8th June 2021), Victoria (8th June 2021)

28. Link to Post #95
    Thanks

From The Economic Collapse Blog, published 5 days ago:
    The United Nations Is Sounding The Alarm About The Dramatic Increase In Global Food Prices

Conditions are heading in the direction that we have been anticipating, and that is not good news at all. Food prices are rising at a very alarming rate, and at this point even the United Nations is sounding the alarm. Most of my readers remember the global food riots that we witnessed in 2008 and 2011, and if conditions continue to deteriorate we could soon be facing something even worse.

Of course this crisis has not emerged out of a vacuum. We struggle to feed the entire world even in the best of years, and for a very long time I have been warning that we would eventually be facing extremely painful food prices and serious shortages of food in the poorer areas of the planet. But those running things just kept assuring us that everything would work out just fine somehow.

Unfortunately, they were wrong.

This week, even the United Nations was forced to admit that we are entering very dangerous territory after global food prices shot up for a 12th month in a row
    A United Nations gauge of world food costs climbed for a 12th straight month in May, its longest stretch in a decade. The continued advance risks accelerating broader inflation, complicating central banks efforts to provide more stimulus.
    Drought in key Brazilian growing regions is crippling crops from corn to coffee, and vegetable oil production growth has slowed in Southeast Asia. That’s boosting costs for livestock producers and risks further straining global grain stockpiles that have been depleted by soaring Chinese demand. The surge has stirred memories of 2008 and 2011, when price spikes led to food riots in more than 30 nations.
    Sadly, global food inflation appears to be accelerating. We are being told that last month’s jump in prices was the largest “in more than 10 years”.

Here in the western world, we can just dig a little deeper into our pockets in order to pay our rising grocery bills.

But in the poorest areas of the world, higher prices can mean the difference between eating and not eating.

Things have already gotten so bad that one UN official is warning that we have “very little room for any production shock”
    “We have very little room for any production shock. We have very little room for any unexpected surge in demand in any country,” Abdolreza Abbassian, senior economist at the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization, said by phone. “Any of those things could push prices up further than they are now, and then we could start getting worried.”
    Of course there are “production shocks” happening all over the globe at this point. The drought that is crippling agricultural production in Brazil and other South American countries has been absolutely devastating, and yesterday I wrote an entire article about how the endless megadrought in the western half of the United States is forcing some farmers to destroy their crops.

Things are especially dire in California right now. It is being reported that the reservoirs in the state are “50% lower than normal”, and water levels are dropping much faster than they did during the previous drought
    Temperatures hit triple digits in much of California over the Memorial Day weekend, earlier than expected. State officials were surprised earlier this year when about 500,000 acre feet (61,674 hectare meters) of water they were expecting to flow into reservoirs never showed up. One acre-foot is enough water to supply up to two households for one year.
    “In the previous drought, it took (the reservoirs) three years to get this low as they are in the second year of this drought,” Lund said.
    California residents may soon be facing draconian water restrictions, and farmers in the state have already been informed that they will be receiving very little or no irrigation water this year depending on where they live.

Without enough water to irrigate their crops, many California farmers won’t be producing much at all this year.

And that is really bad news, because California produces more of our fruits and vegetables than anyone else does by a very wide margin.

What this means is that food prices are going to continue to rise aggressively.

Needless to say, the price of just about everything has been going up these days, and Americans have been doing more Google searches for “inflation” than ever before
    According to Google Trends, searches for the word “inflation” hit the highest level since 2004 between May 9 and May 15. That’s as far back as the data goes. Google charts trends numerically and during that time period interest in “inflation” went all the way up to 100.
    In the end, it is just basic economics.

There are way too many dollars chasing way too few goods and services, and my readers knew that this sort of painful inflation was coming in advance.

As inflation rises, our standard of living goes down, and more Americans are being pushed out of the middle class with each passing day.

Since the beginning of the pandemic, poverty and homelessness have been absolutely exploding, and even those that live in wealthy areas are now discovering that this crisis is starting to show up on their doorsteps.

In fact, it appears that Hunter Biden has decided to move out of the luxury home that he was renting in Venice Beach, California because of the epidemic of homelessness that is ravaging that community
    Hunter Biden appears to have moved out of the luxury $5.4 million home he was renting in Venice Beach, California amid a crime and homelessness wave that has hit the beach-front Los Angeles city.
    The son of President Joe Biden was reportedly paying $25,000 a month to rent the three-story property on the Venice canals – just a block away from the beach.
    But on Monday, DailyMail.com spotted a moving truck outside the palatial home with furniture being loaded into it.
    For an idea of what life is like in Venice Beach today, just check out this video.

Once upon a time, Venice Beach was one of the most beautiful locations in the entire country.

Now it has been completely ruined, and the same could be said for much of the rest of the nation.

But if you think that things are bad now, just wait, because the chapters ahead are going to be even more terrifying.

29. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (8th June 2021), Ewan (16th June 2021), Gwin Ru (14th June 2021), Harmony (8th June 2021), Houman (9th June 2021), Hym (21st June 2021), Jambo (11th June 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (8th June 2021), justntime2learn (8th June 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (16th June 2021), mountain_jim (8th June 2021), Peace in Oz (10th June 2021), Victoria (8th June 2021)

30. Link to Post #96
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Ice Age Farmer Report: WATER WARS - Manufactured Drought to cause Food Shortages, Climate Totalitarianism

Ice Age Farmer
    Sat, 12 Jun 2021 17:47 UTC

The WATER WARS have begun: the state is simply turning off the water to farms & ranches, depriving them of water needed to grow food and raise animals.

This will create food shortages by design, in order to then point at the massive problem and declare,
    • "It's global warming!
    • We NEED climate lockdowns!
    • We MUST move to absolute zero carbon emissions!
    • We HAVE to take away private ownership of cars!
    • You HAVE to eat fake meat and move to post-animal economy!"
    The story is the same across the nation, and indeed the world. But who is behind these WATER WARS?

Christian explores the WEF's "Global Water Initiative," an agenda to centralize and privatize control over the world's water supply, and how these engineered droughts are the lynchpin in the climate agenda and the takeover of food.
    Sources

Related:

31. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Agape (16th June 2021), Bill Ryan (14th June 2021), Brigantia (15th June 2021), Ewan (16th June 2021), Harmony (16th June 2021), Hym (21st June 2021), justntime2learn (14th June 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (16th June 2021), mountain_jim (14th June 2021), Peace in Oz (15th June 2021), Sunny (15th June 2021)

32. Link to Post #97
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

"the US farms closing my down due to “farmers getting COVID19” will lead to a food shortage in 2021".

Thats a big lie of course. farms are closing down due to inability to transport goods because of covid restrictions. Its going to get worse as farmer and merchants die off from getting vaccine. Have seen it happening here. Farmers in the mountains are complaining that there are no buyers. many of them have stopped farming already. Meanwhile in the cities prices of veggies have increase 2 to 5 folds. Meat up to 2 folds.

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th June 2021), Brigantia (15th June 2021), Ewan (16th June 2021), Harmony (16th June 2021), Hym (21st June 2021), justntime2learn (15th June 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (16th June 2021), Sunny (15th June 2021)

34. Link to Post #98
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,880 times in 2,121 posts

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    "the US farms closing my down due to “farmers getting COVID19” will lead to a food shortage in 2021".

Thats a big lie of course. farms are closing down due to inability to transport goods because of covid restrictions. Its going to get worse as farmer and merchants die off from getting vaccine. Have seen it happening here. Farmers in the mountains are complaining that there are no buyers. many of them have stopped farming already. Meanwhile in the cities prices of veggies have increase 2 to 5 folds. Meat up to 2 folds.
    Hi Bubu,

I have family in Bulacan who've seen a food price increase but not to the extent you report. Are these increases localized in places like Manila/Quezon or others?

Do you think it will be longer for those living in rural communities to feel the impact?

Thanks in advance, Chuck
    Last edited by justntime2learn; 16th June 2021 at 00:08.
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st June 2021), Bubu (16th June 2021), Harmony (16th June 2021), Hym (21st June 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (16th June 2021)

36. Link to Post #99
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

Quote Posted by justntime2learn (here)
    Quote Posted by Bubu (here)

Hi Bubu,

I have family in Bulacan who've seen a food price increase but not to the extent you report. Are these increases localized in places like Manila/Quezon or others?

Do you think it will be longer for those living in rural communities to feel the impact?

Thanks in advance, Chuck
    yes its localize depending on the extent the local government are implementing the restrictions. As I have said its going to get worst. When the vaccinated die off and those that wont get it, can not travel, what is going to happen? I see two things hunger and if the government won't back off, civil war. But my gut feeling is that the government will back off. Filipinos are way to obedient sheeple but once we said enough then its enough.

Edit to add:

Bulacan is a food hub that supplies the niegbooring cities including Manila and Quezon city. I think its the biggest producer of beef and chicken. Bulacan is also home to some of the best farmers in the country. It means there is less need for import from other areas. I think this explains the slight price increase. Or maybe price should drop in the near future in the area of bulacan.
    Last edited by Bubu; 16th June 2021 at 12:55.

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st June 2021), Ewan (16th June 2021), Harmony (16th June 2021), Hym (21st June 2021), justntime2learn (16th June 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (16th June 2021)

38. Link to Post #100
    Thanks

Mike Adams on the weaponization of food and water scarcity, published today:

The section relevant to this thread starts at 43:34.

https://brighteon.com/01f39854-01c3-...1-d18dc1ebea4f

Source: https://www.brighteon.com/embed/01f39854-01c3-496b-ba81-d18dc1ebea4f
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 21st June 2021 at 17:49.

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Hym (21st June 2021), Matthew (21st June 2021), mountain_jim (21st June 2021), Yoda (22nd June 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 5 12 LastLast