+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got a rational explanation for this...?

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,005 times in 8,166 posts

Default Re: Anyone got a rational explanation for this...?

Odd indeed. Two people definitely heard it and were alarmed by it. Two animals and a person nearby definitely didn't and were not.

That rules out every 3D dynamic I can think of except one. The source of the sound was extremly close and not very loud, like when wearing a headphone or holding your ear very close to something.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Jake (8th August 2020), janette (8th August 2020), Mercedes (7th August 2020), scotslad (7th August 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,008 times in 641 posts

Quote Odd indeed. Two people definitely heard it and were alarmed by it. Two animals and a person nearby definitely didn't and were not.

That rules out every 3D dynamic I can think of except one. The source of the sound was extremly close and not very loud, like when wearing a headphone or holding your ear very close to something.
    Im trying to rule out as much as possible, and find as many plausible identifiable sources but with wife not wearing hearing aids hearing same thing and apparently - volume as me. It bizarre for sure. 1/2 mile from nearest neighbour. green fields around us.

Converging energy point or dimensions - kinda get the idea, but no knowledge or previous experience of this. All very bizarre. Don't get me wrong, not wanna get all evangelical about it - am more wearing pragmatic and curious hat now initial shock etc now 12hrs+ in the past.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Jake (8th August 2020), janette (8th August 2020), Mercedes (7th August 2020)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 98,585 times in 9,592 posts

Hi Everyone,
    Hope everyone is doing well. I hardly ever post and haven’t been visiting but lately I have started visiting again.
    I just want to say that I’ve had a similar experience about a year ago. My husband and I were living in Southern Oregon at the time and our property was outside of town in a woodsy area and at night it was pitch dark unless we had a full moon.
    I was sitting by myself on the couch in our huge livingroom, my husband was asleep in the bedroom. It was after midnight and dark outside as I was watching T V, I heard a huge crashing noise as if something had crashed through our vaulted ceiling from the left side of the room onto the hardwood floor. I also felt a “jolt” and then it was gone. I got off the couch to go look, no evidence of a crash, the bookcases filled with books were intact, the ceiling didn’t have a hole in it. And the jolt which I’ve experienced in earthquake times did not turn into an earthquake. I also went to the bedroom to check on my husband and he was still sound asleep. In the morning I mentioned the incident to my husband and he told me that he had heard Linda Moulton Howe on one of the coast to coast radio shows talking about investigating eerie sounds that are unexplainable. I had forgotten about this until I read this post here this morning. I know what I heard but I have no explanation for it.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

Jake (8th August 2020), janette (8th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th August 2020), Mercedes (7th August 2020), scotslad (7th August 2020), WhiteFeather (9th August 2020)

7. Link to Post #24
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,371 times in 388 posts

Frozen pee is falling from planes and smashing through roofs
    https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/lo...ng-2691551.amp

Was wondering if falling ice from plane or something a possibility? Not sure if sounded like that (assuming cold enough even at that height at mo)?

It does fall off them now and again it would seem.
    Last edited by One; 7th August 2020 at 17:54.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to One For This Post:

janette (8th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th August 2020), Mercedes (7th August 2020), pyrangello (7th August 2020), scotslad (7th August 2020)

9. Link to Post #25
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,876 times in 1,034 posts

As above - icecles dropping from a plane would crash and rattle like hell and unless you checked outside immediately would leave no trace within an hour or two at this time of the year.
    As an aside, a few years ago a slice of ice fell off a light aircraft I think above my garden and speared itself into a full bucket of icy winter water and froze. It's shape was definitely that of an aileron - I took a pic - I'll try and find it, just because it's interesting.
    Edit - in fact it was that unusually shaped we used it as a shot glass that night - wife has just found the pic - I'll try upload it here in a min
    Last edited by Did You See Them; 7th August 2020 at 18:32.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

janette (8th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th August 2020), scotslad (7th August 2020)

11. Link to Post #26
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

Hello Everyone:
    I always like interesting topics and this is definitely that! What is interesting to me is that both of you heard the same noise(s)!

Over the course of decades I have had very extreme noises that I always thought were in the room(s) but now I know they are in my head because no one else hears them in the house. It makes me wake up wide awake and sometimes I can't get the noise and alertness it gives me out of my head. Sometimes these noises are of things in the future because when they actually occur in real life I think to myself...Cool

Just the other day I hear crashing and clanging and thought my dog was playing in the porch. I got up and the dog was sleeping as soundly as any dog could.

I sat at the kitchen table and thought about what just happened. Everytime the loud noises wake me up so I am even more awake than when waking up without this happening.

Over the years I have concluded that for me loud noises are just part of life when I wake up

PS I realize 2 people experiencing the same noises is alot different than just one person.

Good luck figuring out the puzzle
    chancy

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

janette (8th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th August 2020), scotslad (7th August 2020), Trisher (8th August 2020)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Last edited by Did You See Them; 7th August 2020 at 19:39.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Ewan (9th August 2020), janette (8th August 2020), Mare (8th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th August 2020), onevoice (8th August 2020), scotslad (8th August 2020)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

janette (8th August 2020), Mare (8th August 2020)

17. Link to Post #29
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,359 times in 639 posts

Besides a dimensional bleed-through it could be a temporal bleed through. What do you know of the 'history' of the house? Not necessarily talking about ghosts here but about past energetic imprints of (violent) events.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Jake (8th August 2020), janette (8th August 2020), scotslad (8th August 2020), Trisher (8th August 2020)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

I think if it turns out to be a one off event the plane ice is a reasonable logical explanation. I have older double glazed windows that as the room cools make a "cracking" sound like someone throwing stones hard at the windows. I doubt this is your case as it wouldn't explain the the other sounds the way you describe them but shattering ice on a roof dropped from a height and the subsequent pieces rolling down the roof into the gutters or off the roof would be my best guess.
    The pic above I cannot catagoricaly say came from a plane as I did not see or hear it fall but as nothing overhanging was anywhere near it could only have come from above. Strange things do tend to happen over my house though lol !

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Jake (8th August 2020), janette (8th August 2020), scotslad (8th August 2020), ulli (7th August 2020)

21. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,711 times in 2,086 posts

I have a cabin in the woods here in Michigan , I have all kinds of stuff that happens there all the time. From hearing voices, to stuff moving, doors locking, things disappearing and reappearing , one year we had a bottle cap on the table on new years eve, it started spinning and flung right off the table , it did it 8 times that night. If it happens again and you want it to stop may be time to smudge your home room by room . Also have orbs flying around too. As a very wise person told me here on avalon one time, do not try to interact with any spirit, if you do they can attach to you which could be a spirit from a thousand years ago and then there really tough to get rid of.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

janette (8th August 2020), onawah (7th August 2020), scotslad (8th August 2020), Trisher (8th August 2020)

23. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,711 times in 2,086 posts

This is from a friend of mine who is very intuitive scotslad, I sent her your story , this is what she replied : I have heard when entities come thru from another dimension it sounds like breaking glass!

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Jake (8th August 2020), janette (8th August 2020), onawah (7th August 2020), scotslad (8th August 2020), Trisher (8th August 2020)

25. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member Tam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,363 times in 496 posts

I had a similar experience once. My boyfriend and I, actually.

We were at home in our apartment, when suddenly, we hear a VERY loud shotgun round go off on the floor right below ours.

Now, in our region of America, apartment buildings have entrances that are breezeways, meaning it's open-air/outside. Apartment buildings split in half down the middle by a wide, concrete hallway, and that hallway is totally exposed to the elements/has no door. The stairwells are steel/concrete at well, which means sounds reverberate quite well.

The walls of this apartment were also thin; we cold hear neighbors watching movies, playing video games. One in particular would BLAST his television, and watch action movies. This is relevant information, you'll see why in a second.

So he and I were in our living room, watching a movie, when all of a sudden, we hear the unmistakable blast of a shotgun round (I live on Texas, I know what different kinds of guns sound like), loud enough to rattle our windows. We hear 3 consecutive shots, screams, a shot, silence, two more shots, getting closer.

We both hear it, clear as day, and have the same reaction: "Oh ****!", then we get on the floor, grab our pistol, and barricade ourselves in the back closet. That's how real it was. We immediately went into fight mode, because we thought there was a mass shooting happening in our parking lot right downstairs.

Remember when I mentioned the neighbor that would watch action movies on high volume? This wasn't him. I KNOW what a movie or video game sounds like through a wall or open window. It sounds muffled, even if it's loud enough that you can feel it in the floor. And it also sounds artificial; I don't care how good your sound system is, a speaker will never sound as good as the real thing.

So we are both panicked, and I call the cops. I'm quite shaken up since we can still hear screams and gunshots, as if someone were picking off pedestrians one by one. I reach the dispatcher. I tell her that there's an active shooter. 7 shots. Lots of screaming. I'm in tears. This **** is REAL.

Not 10 minutes later, the cops arrive. Full SWAT team, armored trucks, like 30 fully armored personnel, the works. They put the whole complex on lockdown. Comb the premises. About 2 hours in total.

Then we get a knock on the door. I see no less than 6 cops in full gear, AKs in hand, drenched in sweat, walkie-talkies, the whole shabang. The guy asks me "Excuse me, are you [my name]?"

I say yes, I am.

As luck would have it, I was in the middle of a heavy wave of depression, so the house was a mess, as I hadn't done my chores in over 2 weeks. I was wearing a ratty old night dress. My hair was greasy. I was not at my best.

And then he tells me "Ma'am, are you on any kind of medication?"

I'm confused. I tell him no, never have been.

Then he gives me this look. I'll never forget it. Disbelief, doubt, and a bit of judgment. Like he was disappointed, annoyed, upset. Confused.

And then he tells me "We combed the entire complex. We knocked on every last door. Not one other person saw or hears anything. Are you sure you haven't missed a dose? Or maybe heard a neighbor watching a movie?"

I was stunned.

All I could do was gape at him, like an idiot.

I know what I heard. It was SO LOUD, it's like it was there. I'm not the anxious type. I don't get frazzled. This had me hysterical, because I was totally convinced I was in the midst of yet another mass shooting. It was NOT the neighbors, it was NOT anything like that.

I know what I heard. My boyfriend knows what he heard.

All I could do was apologize. And of course stammer my shock and disbelief.

The cops behind him were all drenched in sweat and huffing and puffing.

And they all looked at me like I was some kind of paranoid schizophrenic escapee from the local psych ward.

If I were alone, I would have questioned my sanity.

But my boyfriend was there, and he was as stunned as we were.

I'll never forget the confusion and humiliation of being the one responsible for bringing a goddamned SWAT squadron to my complex, and then way those officers looked at me.

I'm sure I'm on some kind of list somewhere.

But I know what I ****ing heard.

And I have absolutely no explanation for it.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

Ewan (9th August 2020), janette (8th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th August 2020), scotslad (8th August 2020), Trisher (8th August 2020)

27. Link to Post #34
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

Ah well, good to know that many people are experiencing similar events.

I have too....large bang on the floor above us. Sounded like a large cupboard/cabinet full of stuff fell over. And more than just sound, as there was a physical vibration as well. Going upstairs we found nothing out of place.

But that house had a lot of paranormal activity as well.
    Last edited by Patient; 8th August 2020 at 15:48.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Jake (8th August 2020), janette (8th August 2020), scotslad (8th August 2020), Trisher (8th August 2020)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Hi Guys, update -

As yesterday progressed and you all started sharing your own thoughts, suggestions and experiences, we got braver in anticipation for last night.

At 22:51, all the lights in the house went out. We had a very brief powercut - like 4/5 mins (very rare occurence.) At that point we thought - "oh oh", here we go.

We both then decided at that point to invite the dog to sleep on the bed - a rare treat for her.

We retired about midnight, armed with Motion sensor torch, and our phones.

NOTHING.

The night passed like any other, until 08:00 when the dog barked at a tractor in the field next to the house.

We have read and discussed all your thoughts, stories and suggestions, and also remembered 2 incidents of the east side of the house from a few (5-10) years ago - smelling like the day after a fire on 2 occasions (Heavy charcoaled smell like the day after a fire) - then the smell disappearing within an hour or so.

I have no explanation, and didnt go looking for the experience to occur.
    A simple life is much preferred.

I also value this community and for listening and offering your feedback. It was the ONLY place I could think of to share our experience, as we both think the scottish police would have ripped the p*** out of us as there was not one piece of evidence and word would have spread in our rural community and perhaps made us look quite foolish had we called them out.

Thank you for listening and here's hoping it doesnt happen again. If it does, I'll let you know for sure
    Last edited by scotslad; 8th August 2020 at 08:11.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Ewan (9th August 2020), Jake (8th August 2020), janette (8th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th August 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (10th August 2020), Trisher (8th August 2020)

31. Link to Post #36
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,492 times in 246 posts

Very very interesting but also super scary for you both. I have no idea what it could be but maybe setting up an internal cctv system could give you some answers.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to janette For This Post:

Jake (8th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th August 2020), scotslad (8th August 2020)

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

Not read all your replies yet but going on the first page, it sounds like you experienced an 'electromagnetic induced experience' probably not natural either.
    Anyone who has had the experience 'MRI' machine will now what can happen.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

janette (8th August 2020), scotslad (8th August 2020)

35. Link to Post #38
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,223 times in 940 posts

Quote Posted by scotslad (here)
    CONTEXT: We stay in the rural highlands - no neighbours - in a farmhouse - v dark and v quiet at night. We've lived here nearly 20 years raised 5 kids - without drama.

Last night circa 02:15, my wife and i both woke up from a sound sleep to the terrible CRASHING loud noise of lots of glass smashing then fragments hitting and rolling across the floor. We both screamed and put the bedside lights on. Then the big room light. NOTHING.

The deafening smashing noise which we both heard, woke us - not the sound of each other screaming in shock.

My leg has been in a "moonboot" due to recent hospital stay - (with its own "experiences" - Posted separately) and have difficulty walking, but alert and awake hobbled about in my boxer shorts trying to identify the carnage and the source of the noise.

- NOTHING!!!

It sounded like either -

a) Someone had just thrown a very large brick in through our bedroom window (12 x pane old sash and case ) and as though the glass had landed all over our wooden bedroom floor (House circa 1820s - 6 bed farmhouse, high ceilings, wooden floors, original fireplaces etc)

- WINDOW FINE. NO GLASS. NO EVIDENCE IN ROOM - NOTHING.

b) Like a Glass Chandelier had fallen from ceiling onto the floor and all the shards had rolled/spread over the wooden floor.

- LIGHT ABOVE BED (NOT CHANDELIER) FINE - NOTHING.

Hair on right arm vertical, Hobbled through to living room - cat still sleeping on sofa where I left it when we retired for evening. Dog sleeping where left too. Made way upstairs to son's room. Woke him (hes 30) and asked him to help me search the house as I still awkwardly mobile.

Quick mental check - no alcohol, no grudges, no smells. no fires. nothing.

Lights on throughout house with torches too - we checked every room with and dog - NOTHING.

Contemplated calling police but nothing to tell them or show them. Began to feel a little foolish wondering what I could and would say if I were to call them? (as no evidence of anything had happened.)

Scary weird experience. No evidence and it appears the animals didn't hear or react to it - even weirder as the noise was deafening.

A tad apprehensive about tonight to be honest.

Anyone any thoughts, explanations, ideas or suggestions?

Thank you in advance.
    Hello scotslad. I can think of one interview given to Richard D Hall that reminds me of your recent testimony.

It concerns the case of Elaine Waite, a suburban housewife and a perfectly genuine woman, who from an early age has seen and heard deeply weird stuff, possibly UFO-related to the annoyance of her disbelieving parents and associates. She has also been followed and pestered by MOD intelligence officials (through tracing car registration plates).

It's a personal theory of mine that many experiences such as these (and I am tempted to include David Icke's reptilian stuff) are 'put there' (by whom is anyone's guess) in such a way as they can't possibly refuse to believe it.

But please do whizz through this interview if you get the chance. I would be interested to find out what you think.

Also discussed in the interview is the retrieval of a strange artefact ('spelk') from her nose, which was later sent to Manchester University for analysis, and was later found to be composed of hydrocarbons.

Here are the YouTube links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_hp...index=32&t=13s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap3zR5Y7Suo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK0f9PrkwQs
    Last edited by happyuk; 8th August 2020 at 13:25.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

janette (8th August 2020), scotslad (8th August 2020)

37. Link to Post #39
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

Quote Posted by scotslad (here)
    Hi Guys, update -

As yesterday progressed and you all started sharing your own thoughts, suggestions and experiences, we got braver in anticipation for last night.

At 22:51, all the lights in the house went out. We had a very brief powercut - like 4/5 mins (very rare occurence.) At that point we thought - "oh oh", here we go.

We both then decided at that point to invite the dog to sleep on the bed - a rare treat for her.

We retired about midnight, armed with Motion sensor torch, and our phones.

NOTHING.

The night passed like any other, until 08:00 when the dog barked at a tractor in the field next to the house.

We have read and discussed all your thoughts, stories and suggestions, and also remembered 2 incidents of the east side of the house from a few (5-10) years ago - smelling like the day after a fire on 2 occasions (Heavy charcoaled smell like the day after a fire) - then the smell disappearing within an hour or so.

I have no explanation, and didnt go looking for the experience to occur.
    A simple life is much preferred.

I also value this community and for listening and offering your feedback. It was the ONLY place I could think of to share our experience, as we both think the scottish police would have ripped the p*** out of us as there was not one piece of evidence and word would have spread in our rural community and perhaps made us look quite foolish had we called them out.

Thank you for listening and here's hoping it doesnt happen again. If it does, I'll let you know for sure
    In the extreme case that you do have other things occur, keep an account of them - date, time, etc. Looking back on my own experiences, I wish I had done more to keep track of things.

Unlike your single event, we had many varying things and there was a pattern that emerged. Having any information that you can make sense of when non-nonsensical things are occurring can be very helpful.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

happyuk (9th August 2020), Jake (8th August 2020), janette (8th August 2020), scotslad (8th August 2020)

39. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Last night passed without incident. Things appear to be back to normal. Fingers Crossed.
    Will return to this thread if they do, and I can log any and all incidents in one place. Thanks all.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Gemma13 (9th August 2020), happyuk (9th August 2020), Jake (9th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (9th August 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast