1. Link to Post #21
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Default Re: Why Biden?

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    Now we have a President who has brought soldiers home and avoided conflict. No war. And it totally goes un noticed as if its somehow taken for granted.
    Which wars has he ended Doug?

Has he also ended the coups, drone strikes, and strangling sanctions that only hurt ordinary people?

Has he stopped going after Julian Assange?

I give him credit for easing the tensions with North Korea, but beyond that I’m not seeing any big changes in the ever aggressive US foreign policy.

2. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

I just posted this in Delight's Biden/Harris thread, but felt it was important enough to post here too. It's a pretty quick, 38 minute education on Kamala Harris. Ben Shapiro is obviously heavily biased (he makes no secret of that) but the information is quite valuable, in my view:

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th August 2020), Constance (20th August 2020), Ivanhoe (13th August 2020), Jayke (13th August 2020), justntime2learn (13th August 2020), rgray222 (12th August 2020), Sue (Ayt) (6th September 2020), Tintin (14th August 2020)

4. Link to Post #23
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

Greg Kelly says the election is already rigged by Republicans, Democrats and the media.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th August 2020), Frank V (12th August 2020), Jayke (13th August 2020), justntime2learn (13th August 2020), Mike (12th August 2020), T Smith (4th September 2020), Tintin (14th August 2020)

6. Link to Post #24
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,497 times in 4,310 posts

I thought it was pertinent to add this video here, as Biden comes up quite a lot, and a whole bunch of other talking points. Tim Pool puts out several of these webcasts daily, and live. It's good stuff - I get a lot out of them at any rate, and I'm hoping other would too. They're not very long.

His content is not like many partizan pieces you'll find these days. He isn't a strict Trump supporter, but more of a classic liberal (not the radical type), and it's important in my opinion to listen to such voices in order to get a non-biased commentary. He's ripped Trump just as many times as he's praised him. He's no mere 'guy out of his basement' either, he really knows his stuff. As a former journalist, it was his choice to go independent, for reasons you'll understand once you get to know him.

Here's one such episode from the other day, and I think serves as a good intro. Honestly, add this channel to your favourites. He's one of mine when it comes to discussion and analysis of current affairs.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th August 2020), ClearWater (12th August 2020), Iancorgi (13th August 2020), Jayke (13th August 2020), Mike (12th August 2020), Tintin (14th August 2020)

8. Link to Post #25
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,223 times in 940 posts

Gov. Stacey Abrams has graciously accepted Joe Biden’s invitation as his vice-president.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

PurpleLama (4th September 2020)

10. Link to Post #26
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by happyuk (here)
    Gov. Stacey Abrams has graciously accepted Joe Biden’s invitation as his vice-president.
    Is this a Mandela Effect moment? I could swear it was Kamala Harris...

11. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts
    Last edited by Delight; 12th August 2020 at 22:42.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th August 2020), Jayke (13th August 2020), Mike (12th August 2020), Tintin (14th August 2020)

13. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

Quote Posted by happyuk (here)
    I wonder what gave you that idea?

The Latest: Stacey Abrams hails Harris pick as VP candidate
    Published Tuesday, Aug. 11, 2020 | 2:07 p.m.

A fellow attorney decries the precedent of a prosecutor as VP...

Quote Prosecuting Kamala Harris: Why she’s the wrong choice for VP
    By ANISHA GUPTA
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
    JUL 03, 2020 AT 5:00 AM
    Dear Joe,

Not Kamala. Not now.

I grew up and attended law school in Kamala Harris-era California. She is a black woman (unlike me), but she is also a daughter of immigrants (like me), a woman of color (like me), and half South Indian (like me). Based on her identity and what that represents, Kamala should have my full support. But I chose to be a public defender; she chose to be a prosecutor. And in this moment, America does not need a prosecutor for vice president.

As a public defender, I saw firsthand that to be a prosecutor means covering up the misconduct of blue lives while criminalizing and caging black ones. I will never forget one of my first court appearances as a brand-new defender in the Bronx in 2014. One of my clients — a young black man arrested the previous night — was brought before the judge. He had blood on his clothes, a hospital bracelet on his wrist, and an unmistakable black eye. When the prosecutor saw him, she gasped.

“I hate these cases,” she said, giving my client a sympathetic look. Everyone in that courtroom understood my client’s only charge, resisting arrest, to be legal cover for the NYPD’s brutality — after-the-fact justification to conceal that the cops beat a black kid for no reason (a truth later borne out by cellphone video of his arrest).

Despite her “hatred” for these cases, the prosecutor nevertheless argued that my client should be jailed unless he could pay a cash bail few indigent defendants can afford. She did this despite the fact that every single police officer involved in the arrest had a history of using excessive force. Despite the fact that those cops wouldn’t receive so much as a verbal reprimand, let alone a day in jail for their violence.

Too often, this is what prosecutors do: shield police from accountability and ask black and brown folks to pay the price. This is what Harris did for decades.

Her office hid information that misconduct in a police crime lab tainted hundreds of drug convictions. She obstructed defense attorneys’ efforts to obtain disciplinary and conviction records of police officers with histories of misconduct. She oversaw a sham investigation that held no one accountable for Orange County’s illegal use of jailhouse snitches. She resisted calls to appoint special prosecutors when police were accused of crimes, despite the fact that local district attorneys are loath to go after the cops they work with.

What’s worse is she did all of that in progressive California in the 2000s — a time and place where she was often to the right of what even Republicans championed. And rather than atone for her regressive prosecutorial past, Harris has chosen to whitewash it.

The Daily News Flash Newsletter
    Weekdays
    Catch up on the day’s top five stories every weekday afternoon.
    ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS

She doesn’t get to do that. Not with her record. She doesn’t get to jail black and brown parents when poverty affects their children’s school attendance, then trade in the political currency of being bused to an integrated school as a child. She doesn’t get to defend capital punishment in California that condemns black people to death row at six times the rate of white people, then tout her moral opposition to the death penalty. She doesn’t get to slow-walk the release of prisoners from jails so overcrowded that the U.S. Supreme Court called them inhumane, then brag about her leadership fighting against mass incarceration.

I’m glad to see that Harris may be changing. But she has followed the political tide on this, not led it. America needs a leader who has shown us her entire career that black lives matter.

Prosecutors do not necessarily pull the trigger, but they frequently function as the getaway driver when police officers abuse or kill. And as defendants are told in criminal courtrooms around the country, the getaway driver is often considered just as guilty as the killer.

So please, Joe, not her. Not now.

Gupta is an attorney currently based in Washington.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th August 2020), Jayke (13th August 2020), Mike (12th August 2020), Tintin (14th August 2020)

15. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Dr Steve Turley explains 3 reasons why Kamala Harris is the absolute worst candidate Biden could’ve picked to be his running mate, ensuring a landslide victory for Trump in November.

1. He addresses the issue of fake polling, and points out the only polling that matters—as a true indicator of the will of the people—is how they voted in the primaries. Sleepy creepy Joe’s primary results were a disaster, getting only 8% of the vote. Harris performed so badly at the primaries she couldn’t muster enough votes to even get on the ticket. Trump got the highest votes in the history of any candidate ever.

2. Kamala Harris was vocally against Biden and sided with the women who accused him of sexual assault. Adding Harris to the ticket only brings to the forefront that Biden has a long and visible record of molesting women and children.

3. The Tulsi takedown of Kamala. Where Tulsi humiliated Harris and highlighted her dubiously corrupt track record of criminal prosecutions during her time as California AG. Which specifically targeted black marijuana smokers, keeping them locked up in prison for minor misdemeanours as a source of cheap labour for the prison system. When asked if she herself had smoked marijuana, Harris laughed it off and refused to answer.

=======
    Jim Crow Joe and Kamala the Cop

...Although Biden has traditionally done well with older Black voters, who delivered him the victory in the primaries, Biden’s segregationist, racist policies might come back to haunt him during the election cycle. Harris, in fact, went after Biden for these very policies during the primary season. As the BLM movement developed, Biden showed himself to be on the side of the cops and police violence. After all, he suggested shooting people in the knees, rather than condemning police violence and brutality. But the selection of Harris is indeed a cheap scoring of political points, as neither Harris nor Biden are on the side of Black lives — much less the Black Lives Matter movement.

Kamala Harris’ record had already come under a lot of scrutiny during her failed presidential campaign earlier this year. Before being elected to the Senate, she served as the Attorney General of California. While Harris touts a “progressive” record in that position, in reality she was “tough on crime” — which means building up the prison industrial complex and terrorizing communities of color. As San Francisco DA before that, she increased felony conviction rate from 52 to 67 percent in three years. She defended the absolutely inhumane Three Strikes law in California, which means life sentences for many who’ve been convicted of a minor felony. As is often the case with Harris, she later changed her position on this, maintaining the law applied only to people who had prior violent crime convictions — although this does not alter the brutal character of the law.

She spearheaded a “war on truancy” that led to the arrest and prosecution of parents whose children had missed 10 percent of school days — with consequences of a year in prison or a $2,000 fine. The Huffington Post documents: “Two police officers entered a squat townhouse. Minutes later, their cameras began clicking. The officers had re-emerged with a weary-looking woman in pajamas and handcuffs.” This parents’ child had missed 20 days of school. Videos emerged of Harris laughing about jailing parents for truancy...
    =========

The only candidate less suitable for Bidens pick as VP would be Hillary Clinton.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th August 2020), justntime2learn (13th August 2020), kfm27917 (30th August 2020), Mike (13th August 2020), Tintin (14th August 2020)

17. Link to Post #30
    Language
    English
    Thanks

So on the polling thing. I'm thinking media spin might be being conflated with the actual numbers that were coming in.

Check out this chart from Real Clear Politics, and we see that almost all the major polls listed right before the 2016 election, were within the margin of error of what the final result turned out to be.
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...nton-5491.html

Trump won by playing it smart, and out working Hillary, looking for a chance in the Electoral College by campaigning heavily in states where republicans seldom have a shot at winning. States that Queen Bee arrogantly took for granted and didn't even go to. Big mistake.

There were enough disaffected blue collar democrats in those states, sick of 8 years of disappointment under Obama's Neo Liberal crap, to flip those deeply blue states red, and the rest is history.
    Last edited by Gracy; 13th August 2020 at 11:54.

18. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

Gracie May

an ever aggressive foreign policy has regrettably become a way of life for our government. Its quite a shame, but our current president and any president for that matter has to play ball within certain MIBanking Complex guide lines I have to think. Did JFK and what happened to him not shout out a warning ?
    There are too many factors at play, Israel for one, and I am no foreign policy expert by any means. But I don't see us marching our troops off to war in another Country , GWBush style. I didnt say Trump was perfect, in fact he and Hillary were the evil of two lessors.
    but the kinds of people that should be stepping up into office are not allowed to. The game the rules and how its played is based on a total lie. with all that in mind, Ill stay put with my views.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th August 2020), Jayke (13th August 2020), justntime2learn (13th August 2020), Mike (13th August 2020), Olam (13th August 2020), Satori (13th August 2020), Sue (Ayt) (7th September 2020), Tintin (14th August 2020)

20. Link to Post #32
    Language
    English
    Thanks

antifa.com redirects to joebiden.com

Although 'they' have worked hard to fix this overnight (and it has been fixed at time of writing), this was happening yesterday. Multiple videos floating around of people demonstrating this in real-time, of typing antifa.com and getting the aforementioned redirect to Joe Biden For President Official website. Not jumping to conclusions, just reporting that this was the case as of early this morning. Whatever might be the reason, it begs the question...

Name:  antifa_biden_2abdd88c982e8.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  36.1 KB
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th August 2020), Jayke (13th August 2020), justntime2learn (13th August 2020), kfm27917 (30th August 2020), Mike (13th August 2020), muxfolder (14th August 2020), Satori (13th August 2020), Tintin (14th August 2020)

22. Link to Post #33
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,249 times in 1,238 posts

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)

Although 'they' have worked hard to fix this overnight (and it has been fixed at time of writing), this was happening yesterday. Multiple videos floating around of people demonstrating this in real-time, of typing antifa.com and getting the aforementioned redirect to Joe Biden For President Official website. Not jumping to conclusions, just reporting that this was the case as of early this morning. Whatever might be the reason, it begs the question...

Attachment 44068
    Um, no, that is not correct. The IP addresses are very different. The only thing in common between both lookups is 192.168.1.1, which is the local IP address of your router ─ it's a non-routable address, and mine has the same local IP address.

antifa.com ─ which I doubt would be the real domain name, given that it's a .com ─ has IP address 35.209.91.196. joebiden.com has IP address 151.1.66.49.
    Last edited by Frank V; 14th August 2020 at 00:49. Reason: typo in the IP address

23. Link to Post #34
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Frank V (here)
    antifa.com ─ which I doubt would be the real domain name, given that it's a .com ─ has IP address 35.209.91.196. joebiden.com has IP address 151.1.1.66.49.
    I won't argue with that. But it happened, there's no doubt it was happening. Just google it. Someone somewhere was playing a cruel and stupid game.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/antifa-com...004722410.html
    https://happymag.tv/someone-redirect...g-their-minds/
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Chester (16th September 2020), Frank V (14th August 2020), Jayke (13th August 2020), justntime2learn (13th August 2020), Mike (13th August 2020), Tintin (14th August 2020)

25. Link to Post #35
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I don’t doubt that this happened, but some games are being played here in trying to lik Joe Biden with extreme Leftists, much less violent Leftists.

Two things here.

1) Antifa is not centrally coordinated, whatever coordination that was going on with things like planting pallets full of bricks and such for rioters (as opposed to protesters), was a group far above that loose knit pay grade.

2) Joe Biden has not been hijacked by the far left, much less far left radicals, that’s absurd. Sleepy Joe’s 40 year record shows he essentially governed as a typical tough on crime, moderate republican, and none of his current actions, right up to picking Kamala Harris, display any hints that is about to change any time soon. It’s right wing propaganda trying to put this image forward. Yes, they do it too...

If anything, that pick was just another slap in the face for the true democrat lefties who he feels he doesn’t need at all, save for the occasional lip service, to win the race.

What we’re looking at here are in Biden/Harris are two puppets for the Neo Liberal Democratic corporate establishment. This is basically a fight between hard right republicans Trump/Pence, and moderate republicans Biden/Harris.

Regardless of who wins, the wars (Military Industrial Complex) will keep chugoing along, corporate/Wall Street Socialism will keep chugging along, the Prison Industrial Complex will keep chugging along, etc. In other words, The Swamp has nothing to fear either way.
    Last edited by Gracy; 13th August 2020 at 16:30.

26. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Early in 2019, while there was only a few Democratic candidates that voiced their intention to run, I heard Rush predicting Joe Biden to be the nominee, only because they were pretty much giving up and intended to wait out Trump's 8 years as things were going so well as far as they could see, and that Biden would be just a symbolic candidate to get over with.

Now things have changed since the Covid-19, the Democrats are still stuck with that plan. One might think deep down they know they will lose still. What they have tried no longer works and they know that.

To answer Mike, IMHO, Biden is the only one China could bet on.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AuCo For This Post:

Jayke (13th August 2020), justntime2learn (13th August 2020), Mike (13th August 2020), Sarah Rainsong (13th August 2020), Tintin (14th August 2020)

28. Link to Post #37
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Attachment 44068
    Um, no, that is not correct. The IP addresses are very different. The only thing in common between both lookups is 192.168.1.1, which is the local IP address of your router ─ it's a non-routable address, and mine has the same local IP address.

antifa.com ─ which I doubt would be the real domain name, given that it's a .com ─ has IP address 35.209.91.196. joebiden.com has IP address 151.1.66.49.
    antifa.com ─ which I doubt would be the real domain name, given that it's a .com ─ has IP address 35.209.91.196. joebiden.com has IP address 151.1.1.66.49.
    I won't argue with that. But it happened, there's no doubt it was happening. Just google it. Someone somewhere was playing a cruel and stupid game.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/antifa-com...004722410.html
    https://happymag.tv/someone-redirect...g-their-minds/

It would appear that it was indeed a setup ─ possibly from the alt-right. Just as I suspected already, the domain name for Antifa is antifa.org, as opposed to antifa.com. Even though anyone can register any domain name they want ─ at least, insofar as the name hasn't been taken yet and is not on any ban list ─ the dot-com TLD is generally intended for commercial domains.

The fact that so many people were falling for this hoax ─ including the editors of the news pages at Yahoo ─ should therefore say something about their (lack of) intelligence, and perhaps also about the (lack of) intelligence of the perpetrator(s) of the hoax.

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    [...] corporate/Wall Street Socialism [...]
    There is no such thing ─ that's a contradiction in terms.

Socialism is by definition not corporate, since it means that the natural resources and the means of production are the property of the whole of society, while corporations are by definition private entities.

Wall Street itself is of course as corporate as it gets. It is entirely driven by unbridled greed and lust for (economic) power.
    Last edited by Frank V; 14th August 2020 at 04:38. Reason: addendum

29. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

It would appear that it was indeed a setup ─ possibly from the alt-right. Just as I suspected already, the domain name for Antifa is antifa.org, as opposed to antifa.com. Even though anyone can register any domain name they want ─ at least, insofar as the name hasn't been taken yet and is not on any ban list ─ the dot-com TLD is generally intended for commercial domains.

The fact that so many people were falling for this hoax ─ including the editors of the news pages at Yahoo ─ should therefore say something about their (lack of) intelligence, and perhaps also about the (lack of) intelligence of the perpetrator(s) of the hoax.
    This seems odd though. Check out the Whois.com data for both antifa websites.

Antifa.org; registered in Florida, US.
    Quote Raw Whois Data
    Domain Name: ANTIFA.ORG
    Registry Domain ID: D161748952-LROR
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.networksolutions.com
    Registrar URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
    Updated Date: 2020-06-11T11:21:38Z
    Creation Date: 2011-03-12T14:30:04Z
    Registry Expiry Date: 2023-03-12T14:30:04Z
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date:
    Registrar: Network Solutions, LLC
    Antifa.com; registered in Panama.
    Quote Domain name: antifa.com
    Registry Domain ID: 85915752_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
    Registrar URL: http://www.namecheap.com
    Updated Date: 2019-10-23T14:38:04.00Z
    Creation Date: 2002-04-24T12:35:11.00Z
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2021-04-24T12:35:10.00Z
    Registrar: NAMECHEAP INC
    Registrar IANA ID: 1068
    If it was the alt-right who set up antifa.com how did they get so far ahead of the game? Registering antifa.com 9 years before the real antifa registered antifa.org.

Looking on the way back machine on archive.org. Things get even more suspicious when both websites have their first archive date on 25th January 1999.

I’m no tech expert but I have a couple questions.

1. How can a website be archived before its even been registered?
    2. The fact the first archive record for both website is on the exact same day would indicate they were both first put online at the same time. Too much of synchronised coincidence for the alt-right and alt-left to get their websites online on the precise same date. Surely a coincidence in date would indicate both domains were put online together, most likely by the same people?

As for whether Antifa as an organisation are ‘centrally coordinated’. A recent Voltaire article explains the reason antifa were put on the domestic terrorist list. Where he points out antifa were working with ISIS in the Syrian conflict.

Quote NATO’s Anarchist Brigades

Presented in the West as the realization of a friendly utopia, the brand new « Rojava » is in reality a colonial state, designed and cemented in blood by Washington. This time, the plan is to expel the populations of the North of Syria and replace them with people who were not born there. In order to implement this ethnic cleansing, the Pentagon and the CIA have mobilised combatants from the circles of the European extreme-left. Thierry Meyssan reveals this insane project which has been ongoing for the last eighteen months.
    ==========
    Homeland Security against Antifa
    VOLTAIRE NETWORK
    | 6 AUGUST 2020

President Donald Trump’s announcement on 27 July 2020 that he would soon designate Antifa as a terrorist organization is based on a 24 June report by the Homeland Security Department.

Entitled "The Syrian Conflict and Its Nexus to US-based Antifascist Movements) (downloadable below), and drawing on Thierry Meyssan’s article "NATO’S Anarchist Brigades" of 12 September 2017, the report describes Antifa’s engagement alongside the Kurdish forces.

Antifa is a movement subsidized by speculator George Soros and placed at NATO’s service. In the United States, they have coordinated the anti-racist protests that have taken place since George Flyod’s death on 25 May. In Portland, precisely, they are facing off with federal policemen of the Homeland Security Department and burning US flags and Bibles in front of the Federal Court.

The Homeland Security Department was created by President George W. Bush after the attacks of September 11, 2001. Paradoxically, it started out by denouncing Thierry Meyssan. This was before Donald Trump’s election ...
    =========

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Chester (16th September 2020), kfm27917 (30th August 2020), Tintin (14th August 2020)

31. Link to Post #39
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)

This seems odd though. Check out the Whois.com data for both antifa websites.

Antifa.org; registered in Florida, US.
    Quote Raw Whois Data
    Domain Name: ANTIFA.ORG
    Registry Domain ID: D161748952-LROR
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.networksolutions.com
    Registrar URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
    Updated Date: 2020-06-11T11:21:38Z
    Creation Date: 2011-03-12T14:30:04Z
    Registry Expiry Date: 2023-03-12T14:30:04Z
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date:
    Registrar: Network Solutions, LLC
    Antifa.com; registered in Panama.
    Quote Domain name: antifa.com
    Registry Domain ID: 85915752_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
    Registrar URL: http://www.namecheap.com
    Updated Date: 2019-10-23T14:38:04.00Z
    Creation Date: 2002-04-24T12:35:11.00Z
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2021-04-24T12:35:10.00Z
    Registrar: NAMECHEAP INC
    Registrar IANA ID: 1068
    If it was the alt-right who set up antifa.com how did they get so far ahead of the game? Registering antifa.com 9 years before the real antifa registered antifa.org.
    Good point. The different countries and different registrars suggest that there may not even be a correlation between both domains.

Not to sound cheesy, but perhaps the word "Antifa" could have had some completely different meaning in Panama. It could have been the name of a company, as opposed to meaning "anti-fascism". But then again, it could still have meant that too, of course. 🤔

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)
    Looking on the way back machine on archive.org. Things get even more suspicious when both websites have their first archive date on 25th January 1999.

I’m no tech expert but I have a couple questions.

1. How can a website be archived before its even been registered?
    2. The fact the first archive record for both website is on the exact same day would indicate they were both first put online at the same time. Too much of synchronised coincidence for the alt-right and alt-left to get their websites online on the precise same date. Surely a coincidence in date would indicate both domains were put online together, most likely by the same people?
    Very strange indeed, but the WHOIS information you included shows that antifa.com was created in 2002, while antifa.org was created in 2011. So an archive date of January 1999 for both domains must without any doubt be an error at archive.org.

Still, the years of registration are peculiar. In particular, the year 2002 was just after the attacks on the World Trade Center, and also just after George W. Bush signed the Patriot Act.

Hmm... Perhaps there's a very plausible and down-to-earth explanation for all this, but at this point, the plot appears pretty thick.

32. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    [...] corporate/Wall Street Socialism [...]
    There is no such thing ─ that's a contradiction in terms.

Socialism is by definition not corporate, since it means that the natural resources and the means of production are the property of the whole of society, while corporations are by definition private entities.

Wall Street itself is of course as corporate as it gets. It is entirely driven by unbridled greed and lust for (economic) power.
    Of course it's not meant to be a proper term.

But what do you call it then when the federal government, combined with the Federal Reserve, have an unending stack of signed blank checks sitting around just waiting to have an amount filled in by these entities, as the common people are in comparison left to fend for themselves?

Quote “We all too often have socialism for the rich and rugged free market capitalism for the poor.”
    Martin Luther King Jr.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 12 LastLast