1. Link to Post #61
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Default Re: Why Biden?

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Why Biden, indeed. His latest quote was that "a black guy invented the light bulb".

Not a joke. Speaking at Grace Lutheran Church, he said:
    “We don’t teach history in history classes. People fear that’s, which, that which is different. We gotta, for example, why in God’s name don’t we teach history in history classes? A black guy invented the light bulb, not a white guy named Edison.”
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1301627883123814401

Here's the dilemma, we also have this:

2. Link to Post #62
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,045 times in 8,169 posts

Unless he's playing a long game. The Egyptians included a lot of black Africans. The Egyptians had light bulbs, just look at their wall pictures.

But seriously, if you wanted to make 300 million Americans raging mad ( after smuggling in large quantities of weapons from China ) what kind of forced into place new leader would do that the best. I man with no noticeable redeeming qualities at all, and an obvious Anti American crook to boot.

He's a pre-marinated tethered goat.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Jayke (4th September 2020), justntime2learn (4th September 2020), Mike (4th September 2020), TargeT (4th September 2020)

4. Link to Post #63
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Biden is talking right nowsomewhere in DE I think... can't wait for the fresh new set of gaffes!
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (4th September 2020), Jayke (4th September 2020), justntime2learn (4th September 2020), Mike (4th September 2020), thepainterdoug (4th September 2020)

6. Link to Post #64
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

In Canada we had a leader we called Joe Who? Can't say that about Biden but you can say Joe Where? 'Cause the guy is always hiding.

Hidin' Biden!
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

justntime2learn (8th September 2020), Mike (4th September 2020), TargeT (4th September 2020)

8. Link to Post #65
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Why Biden, indeed. His latest quote was that "a black guy invented the light bulb".

Not a joke. Speaking at Grace Lutheran Church, he said:
    “We don’t teach history in history classes. People fear that’s, which, that which is different. We gotta, for example, why in God’s name don’t we teach history in history classes? A black guy invented the light bulb, not a white guy named Edison.”
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1301627883123814401

Here's the dilemma, we also have this:

WHOOPS! Yep, that was a preposterous statement. Neither of these guys are rhodes scholars, safe to say.

In Trump's defense tho, that was merely an ignorant statement. I doubt he's ever read about anything that happpened before 1990 lol.

Trump will say some really boneheaded things sometimes, but it's mostly out of ignorance. Biden, on the other hand, can barely talk anymore. That's the difference between them.
    Last edited by Mike; 4th September 2020 at 20:47.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

atman (4th September 2020), Bill Ryan (4th September 2020), Gracy (4th September 2020), justntime2learn (8th September 2020), TargeT (6th September 2020), thepainterdoug (4th September 2020)

10. Link to Post #66
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,676 posts

I've maintained for a while now that Biden WILL NOT be on the ballad November 3. DNC delegates will select a new candidate during an emergency brokered convention, probably sometime shortly before (or after) the first debate (scheduled September 29) coupled with some official declaration of Biden's illness (and following Trump's relentless mocking of Biden's "sickness" on the campaign trail). Whoever they select -- Cuomo, Clinton, Harris with a new VP pick, or maybe Michelle Obama or even a ticket with Barack Obama as VP, will then serve as a cortisone-shot to the party and will garner sympathy votes for the new ticket. I expect to even see Joe Biden rolled out in a wheelchair wrapped in an American flag before this whole dog and pony show is over.

This is purely speculation of course, but one can be forgiven for wild speculation given the party's unfathomable and obviously orchestrated candidate choice.

With mail-in ballads already being cast, however, from pets, from the deceased, and from the twin you never knew you had--and bearing in mind that those who vote decide nothing (and those who count decide everything)--ailing Biden may just be the perfect patsy of a hard coup attempt after a Trump electoral collage landslide; the Trump/Biden election may really be the DNC's sleight of hand to obscure an election that ultimately will determine whether Nancy Pelosi or Kevin McCarthy will the the next POTUS.

The DNC's Trump card being--with pun intended--and certainly worth reiterating, those who count the vote decide on the house majority and the next POTUS.
    Last edited by T Smith; 4th September 2020 at 20:25.

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

atman (4th September 2020), Bill Ryan (4th September 2020), Bluegreen (7th September 2020), ClearWater (5th September 2020), Iancorgi (5th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (4th September 2020), Mike (4th September 2020), Ratszinger (5th September 2020), skogvokter (11th September 2020)

12. Link to Post #67
    Thanks

Quote Posted by T Smith (here)
    I've maintained for a while now that Biden WILL NOT be on the ballad November 3. DNC delegates will select a new candidate during an emergency brokered convention, probably sometime shortly before (or after) the first debate (scheduled September 29) coupled with some official declaration of Biden's illness (and following Trump's relentless mocking of Biden's "sickness" on the campaign trail). Whoever they select -- Cuomo, Clinton, Harris with a new VP pick, or maybe Michelle Obama or even a ticket with Barack Obama as VP, will then serve as a cortisone-shot to the party and will garner sympathy votes for the new ticket. I expect to even see Joe Biden rolled out in a wheelchair wrapped in an American flag before this whole dog and pony show is over.

This is purely speculation of course, but one can be forgiven for wild speculation given the party's unfathomable and obviously orchestrated candidate choice.

With mail-in ballads already being cast, however, from pets, from the deceased, and from the twin you never knew you had--and bearing in mind that those who vote decide nothing (and those who count decide everything)--ailing Biden may just be the perfect patsy of a hard coup attempt after a Trump electoral collage landslide; the Trump/Biden election may really be the DNC's sleight of hand to obscure an election that ultimately will determine whether Nancy Pelosi or Kevin McCarthy will the the next POTUS.

The DNC's Trump card being--with pun intended--and certainly worth reiterating, those who count the vote decide on the house majority and the next POTUS.

Yep I could see all that happening.

I was thinking Biden would fake a Covid infection to avoid the debates, at the very least.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

atman (10th September 2020), Bill Ryan (4th September 2020), ClearWater (5th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (5th September 2020), T Smith (5th September 2020)

14. Link to Post #68
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Trump will say some really boneheaded things sometimes, but it's mostly out of ignorance. Biden, on the other hand, can barely talk anymore.
    That's why in an ideal world neither of them should be able to run, there's not much intelligent activity going on in their heads. Usually you would think that with old age comes wisdom, that's certainly not always the case. I must admit though that I am waiting to see the debates, they probably will be comedy gold with all the childish jabs. Whoever wins though, the ordinary people will not win anyways and there's far too much tension now, I have a feeling that it will lead to strong clashes anyways at least in the American soil.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Frank V (5th September 2020), justntime2learn (8th September 2020), Mike (6th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (10th September 2020)

16. Link to Post #69
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,504 times in 4,311 posts

When Biden could talk, he was most adept at lying.

That's a career politician for you.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

atman (6th September 2020), Bill Ryan (6th September 2020), Constance (7th September 2020), Jayke (6th September 2020), Mike (6th September 2020), Wind (7th September 2020)

18. Link to Post #70
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    Trump will say some really boneheaded things sometimes, but it's mostly out of ignorance. Biden, on the other hand, can barely talk anymore.
    That's why in an ideal world neither of them should be able to run, there's not much intelligent activity going on in their heads. Usually you would think that with old age comes wisdom, that's certainly not always the case. I must admit though that I am waiting to see the debates, they probably will be comedy gold with all the childish jabs. Whoever wins though, the ordinary people will not win anyways and there's far too much tension now, I have a feeling that it will lead to strong clashes anyways at least in the American soil.

Hi Wind, Are you familiar with the 2020 project? Bret Weinstein and a few others are trying to organize another option for the American people besides Trump and Biden. I want to post a link but my damn phone is acting stubborn and won't allow it. I suggest you check it out. Credit to PurpleLama for alerting me to it.

Trump certainly isn't "book smart" but you can't say he's unintelligent. You don't build a billion dollar empire if you're unintelligent. He's not terribly articulate but he is very smart. Maybe we should call it "street smart"( think "Charles" here). Ironically for some, I think he truly is the candidate for change, because he's the only one operating outside the book. He's the unconventional candidate many of us have called for in some respects; many are turned off by his attitude and approach but it's the same mechanism behind those things that makes him effectively unconventional.

He can be a bit of a baffoon, but in my opinion he's precisely the right baffoon for these times. He's the only one out there who is obstinate and determined enough to fight the "woke" mob, which I view as by far the greatest threat to the U.S. right now, if not the world. He's certainly not a perfect man, but if I have to choose between him and the social justice dystopia, it's Trump all day for me. Easy choice.
    Last edited by Mike; 6th September 2020 at 22:29.

19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

atman (6th September 2020), Bill Ryan (6th September 2020), Chester (16th September 2020), ClearWater (6th September 2020), Constance (7th September 2020), Jayke (7th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th September 2020), PurpleLama (10th September 2020), skogvokter (11th September 2020), Wind (7th September 2020)

20. Link to Post #71
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Hi Wind, Are you familiar with the 2020 project? Bret Weinstein and a few others are trying to organize another option for the American people besides Trump and Biden. I want to post a link but my damn phone is acting stubborn and won't allow it. I suggest you check it out.
    Hi, Mike. No, I can't say that I'm familiar with that, but I'll look into it.

Quote He can be a bit of a baffoon, but in my opinion he's precisely the right baffoon for these times. He's the only one out there who is obstinate and determined enough to fight the "woke" mob, which I view as by far the greatest threat to the U.S. right now, if not the world. He's certainly not a perfect man, but if I have to choose between him and the social justice dystopia, it's Trump all day for me. Easy choice.
    I don't really want to get political here as I don't think it really serves anything. Based on what I write here shortly people will take sides and probably judge me for it too. I'm no fan of Biden, but when it comes to Trump I can't say I like him either. To me he represents everything that I can possibly dislike in a person and he seems to bring out the worst in people. He's only a symptom of far bigger problems though. Your country has been getting so divided and violent that I don't even know what to say. I'm not sure it would get any better with Biden though. The problem is that you would seriously need a third party there instead of the two corporate controlled entities. Money and lobbyists need to get out of politics too, because that equals corruption. Before that happens, there will be no real change. Not for the better anyways.

I'm no fan of social justice warriors either, I think identity politics can be dangerous in their ultimate form. You know that I like Jordan Peterson too, he's a man who has been warning about things like this. Sort out your own life, be a force of good and help others. That's the way to go.

When you side with one group and see the other side as enemy, what will happen? Certainly there won't be any sense of unity and harmony. That same division has come to this alternative community of ours too. That's very sad to me.

I hope the situation in your country will get better, but I fear that much chaos will ensue before that happens. These times are too polarized and people are acting it out. I guess this energy needs to get out of the system before a real homeostasis can happen.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th September 2020), Chester (16th September 2020), ClearWater (7th September 2020), Constance (8th September 2020), Gracy (7th September 2020), Jayke (7th September 2020), Kryztian (17th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th September 2020), Mike (7th September 2020)

22. Link to Post #72
    Language
    English
    Thanks

He can be a bit of a baffoon, but in my opinion he's precisely the right baffoon for these times.
    Not trying to blow a trumpet here, but there is, and must certainly be, a side to the man that people never see.

What we do see is in the first instance coloured by media filtering, which we know is almost always slanted to the negative. He may come across as a buffoon at times, but how often is it because he's confronted by buffoons on a daily basis (media)?

And how often is the way he portrays himself and carries himself just 'an act'?

Wind says he brings out the worst in people. That could be part of the plan. For example, might he be giving emphasis to the folly of wokeness by being deliberately politically incorrect himself?

I ask: is he gaming himself, and the system, for a purpose?

Because I don't see him creating division or hatred. By his words and actions, and indeed sometimes inactions, I see him quietly exposing it. By the same token, neither is he creating any media bias. He is quietly exposing it however. Very clearly.

- If you give them matches to play with, they will burn down their own house -

I think he's taking on an entire cast of political figures that people have been led to believe are heroic, but who actually are, under the surface, anything but heroic. And he's assumed the role of the archetypal antihero to do it.

Not smart? I think the man is a genius.

There's a ton of evidence also that leads one to inescapably believe there are hidden tells in many of his utterances, particularly in his twitter feed, which bespeak the playing of a very strategic long-game. Yeh, that gets into Q-land, so I won't go there.

But I would seriously consider the following: that we only get to see one side of him. Like a stage magician, we rarely see him sans white gloves and top hat. We only see what he chooses to portray, or what manipulative light the media choose to show him in.

There is another Trump:

Just stating my opinion that:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	trump_in the way0f9c1fe9ab87e85b304bdfbc424.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	44251

And I see a storm coming..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Trump_stormb360e7a79e.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	44250
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

atman (10th September 2020), Bill Ryan (7th September 2020), Chester (16th September 2020), ClearWater (10th September 2020), Constance (8th September 2020), Jayke (7th September 2020), Mike (7th September 2020), skogvokter (11th September 2020)

24. Link to Post #73
    Thanks

I would agree with much of that Star. I was being a little tongue in cheek with the baffoon comment. That's frequently the default insult thrown at him, and I was playing with it a little. He can be awkward, and unpresidential, and boisterous occasionally. But those alleged weaknesses are really his strengths.

The woke crowd are an all or nothing bunch. So if we want to save the world, it has to be nothing. That's bound to be divisive, but it's divisive in a good way, in the sense that we're creating clear boundaries between the sane and the insane. Those types of boundaries are useful. There's no peace to be achieved with the woke crowd unless you kowtow completely and totally to their ideology. There's no wiggle room in their approach. So it would be much more accurate to say that they are the divisive entity here.

Trump is doing some "fantastic" things, as he'd say. He's in the process of defunding all this critical race theory bullsh!t out of our institutions as we speak https://www.npr.org/2020/09/05/91005...cal-race-theorIf he does nothing else, that alone should make him worthy of our respect. The average person has no idea what critical race theory is, and that's the real issue here; to the public he appears to be a racist bully eliminating "equity" programs, but in reality he's saving their asses in ways they can't even begin to comprehend. It truly is heroic work he's doing. I support him!
    Last edited by Mike; 7th September 2020 at 17:35.

25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

atman (10th September 2020), Bill Ryan (7th September 2020), ClearWater (10th September 2020), Constance (8th September 2020), happyuk (12th September 2020), Jayke (7th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th September 2020), PurpleLama (10th September 2020), skogvokter (11th September 2020), T Smith (10th September 2020)

26. Link to Post #74
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I think a few more question marks need to be added to the question, 'Why Biden?' (????), because it gets odder and odder. His recent interview with the 'rapper' Cardi B was perplexing. I'd never heard of her, and when I looked her up I wished I hadn't. She is a true vulgarian, such that even with **** to cover the obscenity, tons of it, her lyrics are unfit to reproduce on this forum.

Why was she chosen as an interviewer for Biden? Why on earth, given where she's coming from, did he even associate with her?

Now this women has crossed swords with Candace Owens. You had better have a cogent argument if you're going to take her on, obviously Cardi B didn't, and shenanigans ensued,

~ Jimi Hendrix

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

atman (10th September 2020), justntime2learn (11th September 2020), PurpleLama (10th September 2020), skogvokter (11th September 2020), T Smith (10th September 2020), TargeT (10th September 2020), thepainterdoug (10th September 2020)

28. Link to Post #75
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

Candice nails this, spot on , and Biden looks like a complete idiot.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

atman (10th September 2020), Iancorgi (10th September 2020), justntime2learn (11th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th September 2020), skogvokter (11th September 2020), T Smith (10th September 2020)

30. Link to Post #76
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Quote Posted by Wind (here)

Hi Wind, Are you familiar with the 2020 project? Bret Weinstein and a few others are trying to organize another option for the American people besides Trump and Biden. I want to post a link but my damn phone is acting stubborn and won't allow it. I suggest you check it out. Credit to PurpleLama for alerting me to it.

Trump certainly isn't "book smart" but you can't say he's unintelligent. You don't build a billion dollar empire if you're unintelligent. He's not terribly articulate but he is very smart. Maybe we should call it "street smart"( think "Charles" here). Ironically for some, I think he truly is the candidate for change, because he's the only one operating outside the book. He's the unconventional candidate many of us have called for in some respects; many are turned off by his attitude and approach but it's the same mechanism behind those things that makes him effectively unconventional.

He can be a bit of a baffoon, but in my opinion he's precisely the right baffoon for these times. He's the only one out there who is obstinate and determined enough to fight the "woke" mob, which I view as by far the greatest threat to the U.S. right now, if not the world. He's certainly not a perfect man, but if I have to choose between him and the social justice dystopia, it's Trump all day for me. Easy choice.
    https://articlesofunity.org/

Unity 2020, not the 2020 project.

I though Mike would start a thread, but he went on sabbatical instead. :b

31. Link to Post #77
    Language
    French
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,706 times in 211 posts

Why Biden?

Well, as a Canadian, I would also ask: "Why Trudeau"?

I actually don't know how to answer Mike's question. And if I did, I certainly would not want to interfere in the American 2020 presidential election or to endanger their so-called democratic process. I leave that in the good hands of the mainstream media, Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

But having just re-watched the sad but also delightfully funny video in the opening post, I can't help but to ask myself a few troubling questions...

Do most career politicians lack self-awareness to such a degree?

Are they that deluded?

Or have they simply mastered the art of role-playing? And the art of lying?

Joe Biden has obvious signs of senile cognitive decline, but what does that say about those of his peers who have pushed, if not conspired, to make him the Democratic Party presidential nominee?

What about the intelligentsia, the media, the political analysts, the celebrities and the artists who appear to be sensible, most of the time, but who turn into rabid idiots — whenever Trump is mentioned — and who then proclaim that Biden alone, right now, at this turning point of western civilization, can "save" America?

Has Idiocracy secretely been established as a new form of government, worldwide, while we were watching Netflix?

Or have nefarious forces always been in control of the Matrix?

I don't know, but what a clown show.

P.S.: The Russians did not pay me to write this post.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to atman For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (11th September 2020), ClearWater (11th September 2020), Ernie Nemeth (10th September 2020), justntime2learn (11th September 2020), PurpleLama (10th September 2020), T Smith (10th September 2020)

33. Link to Post #78
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Quote Posted by atman (here)

This would make an excellent forum signature.

34. Link to Post #79
    Language
    French
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,706 times in 211 posts

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    Quote Posted by atman (here)

This would make an excellent forum signature.
    Ha! In the crazy political reality we live in, using repeatedly such a phrase as a signature could end up inciting conspiracist extraordinaire Adam Schiff to investigate this forum or, even worse, to apply for membership!

Joking of course, but back to topic!

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atman For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (11th September 2020), justntime2learn (11th September 2020), PurpleLama (10th September 2020), T Smith (10th September 2020)

36. Link to Post #80
    Norway Avalon Member skogvokter's Avatar
    Thanks

"COVID has taken this year, just sinthe outbreak, has taken more than 100 year—look, here's, the lives, it's just, it's, er, I mean, y'think about it. More lives this year than any other year for the past hundred years."
    -Joe Biden

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skogvokter For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (11th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th September 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 4 12 LastLast