+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 9 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Biden?

1. Link to Post #161
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,067 times in 3,146 posts

Default Re: Why Biden?

Gracie May/ were in grammar school and the teacher gives us a choice between the Hershey chocolate factory and the Museum of Natural history.

Hands go up. Your smart, and know its all nonsense and so keep your hand down. The vote is cast and you abstain.

Well, your all off to the chocolate factory. Enjoy the sweets.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th September 2020), T Smith (18th September 2020)

3. Link to Post #162
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,565 times in 32,726 posts

Thought for the day. (Or rather, a wild conjecture )

The Democrats have a real huge problem, clearly. How do they make it go away??

Well, one movie-script scenario is that Biden is killed off. (Sorry! No easy way to say that. ) In one of two ways:
    1. They create a heart attack or stroke. Problem solved. (Regardless of the rights or wrongs of this, it'd be easy to do. And all the voting Dems would believe it was fortunate happenstance, clearing the way for Kamala + a new VP, that could even be Hillary.)
    2. He's assassinated by "a deranged Trump supporter" — a false flag, of course. Problem solved again, and maybe even two problems: as then Trump supporters get vilified and branded as dangerous armed lunatics.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (18th September 2020), atman (18th September 2020), happyuk (18th September 2020), justntime2learn (18th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (18th September 2020), T Smith (18th September 2020), thepainterdoug (18th September 2020), Yoda (18th September 2020)

5. Link to Post #163
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Thought for the day. (Or rather, a wild conjecture )

The Democrats have a real huge problem, clearly. How do they make it go away??

Well, one movie-script scenario is that Biden is killed off. (Sorry! No easy way to say that. ) In one of two ways:
    1. They create a heart attack or stroke. Problem solved. (Regardless of the rights or wrongs of this, it'd be easy to do. And all the voting Dems would believe it was fortunate happenstance, clearing the way for Kamala + a new VP, that could even be Hillary.)
    2. He's assassinated by "a deranged Trump supporter" — a false flag, of course. Problem solved again, and maybe even two problems: as then Trump supporters get vilified and branded as dangerous armed lunatics.
    Help me out, what exactly is the "huge problem" that needs to go away? Sincerely not trying to be obtuse But if you're talking about Biden, he's already a tool! Why do they need to get rid of him? He'll do exactly what "they" want. There's no reason to get rid of him quickly. They could even let him go for the full four year term. The only issue is his mental health, but I think they'll manage that for while yet, through the election, the inauguration and into next year at least.

If Biden goes away, I don't think it'll because he's a problem they need to specifically get out of the way. It will be to usher in something else.
    The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air...
    Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

atman (18th September 2020), Gracy (18th September 2020), PurpleLama (18th September 2020), TargeT (18th September 2020), thepainterdoug (18th September 2020)

7. Link to Post #164
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sarah Rainsong (here)

Help me out, what exactly is the "huge problem" that needs to go away? Sincerely not trying to be obtuse
    Well, Biden does have early-onset dementia. My Dad, once an impressively strong man, was felled by Alzheimer's. I'm seeing exactly the same signs and symptoms here. Many people can see it clearly. It's really as plain as day.

Having a President who has the cognitive ability of a child is rather like a bad (and possibly cruel) Monty Python sketch. And you can't have a President that everyone's making Monty Python jokes about — all over the world.

When my Dad was suffering, I counseled my Mom that she HAD to see him as a child, and not any more as her husband. Her husband was just gone. That reframing really helped her cope a lot.

(Do see this excellent thread, by the way: Caring for relatives with Alzheimer's : the modern curse of the elderly)

It's tragic — every Alzheimer's case is — but the truth is that he simply can't function. And while he'll have good days and bad days (as all Alzheimer's patients do), it'll only get steadily worse. And maybe even rapidly worse.

The current problem the Democrats have, I think, is that in purely pragmatic terms he may be unelectable now, even by their own faithful voters. They may simply feel, strategically, that they have a better chance of defeating Trump if he's no longer the presidential candidate. But if so, they have very little time to do anything about it.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 18th September 2020 at 12:29.

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

atman (18th September 2020), ClearWater (18th September 2020), happyuk (18th September 2020), justntime2learn (18th September 2020), kudzy (18th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (18th September 2020), mountain_jim (20th September 2020), PurpleLama (18th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (18th September 2020), Satori (19th September 2020), skogvokter (20th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (18th September 2020), T Smith (18th September 2020), TargeT (18th September 2020), thepainterdoug (18th September 2020), Yoda (18th September 2020)

9. Link to Post #165
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Help me out, what exactly is the "huge problem" that needs to go away? Sincerely not trying to be obtuse
    Well, Biden does have early-onset dementia. My Dad, once an impressively strong man, was felled by Alzheimer's. I'm seeing exactly the same signs and symptoms here. Many people can see it clearly. It's really as plain as day.

Having a President who has the cognitive ability of a child is rather like a bad (and possibly cruel) Monty Python sketch. And you can't have a President that everyone's making Monty Python jokes about — all over the world.

When my Dad was suffering, I counseled my Mom that she HAD to see him as a child, and not any more as her husband. Her husband was just gone. That reframing really helped her cope a lot.

(Do see this excellent thread, by the way: Caring for relatives with Alzheimer's : the modern curse of the elderly)

It's tragic — every Alzheimer's case is — but the truth is that he simply can't function. And while he'll have good days and bad days (as all Alzheimer's patients do), it'll only get steadily worse. And maybe even rapidly worse.

The current problem the Democrats have, I think, is that in purely pragmatic terms he may be unelectable now, even by their own faithful voters. They may simply feel, strategically, that they have a better chance of defeating Trump if he's no longer the presidential candidate. But if so, they have very little time to do anything about it.
    Agreed. Everyone sees that. I just don't think the Dems are worried about Biden's elect-ability at all. It's never been about that. They're entire campaign has never been about being for something. It's only about "how bad Trump is" and "we have to get him out at all costs."

So I just don't see Biden being something they're worried about prior to the inauguration. They probably chose him because of his mental decline, thinking he'd be the perfect tool and easily discarded whenever they want after he's in office. Which leads us back to what everyone knew before Biden even picked his VP--if you vote for Biden, you're not actually voting for Biden as president. You're voting for his VP and the Democrat party--and especially whatever they want.

For most voters IMO, it's all about Trump or not-Trump. How bad do you want Trump out of office? Personally, I think the Dems have shot themselves in the foot. I think many would-be Democrats will skip the hassle of voting than they will vote for not-Trump.

But I could be wrong. And Gracy is right, this false either-or choice is really being hammered home right now. People are being driven to pick a side, and that is going to be our biggest downfall. Tyranny lives in a dichotomy like that. Freedom lives in respecting people's choices even if you don't agree with them.
    The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air...
    Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

atman (18th September 2020), Bill Ryan (18th September 2020), Jake (18th September 2020), justntime2learn (18th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (18th September 2020), TargeT (18th September 2020), thepainterdoug (18th September 2020)

11. Link to Post #166
    Thanks

But I could be wrong. And Gracy is right, this false either-or choice is really being hammered home right now. People are being driven to pick a side, and that is going to be our biggest downfall. Tyranny lives in a dichotomy like that. Freedom lives in respecting people's choices even if you don't agree with them.
    I love you dearly! But yes, I think you're wrong.

The either-or choice, which is a real one, is what side of the culture war you're on. One side of the culture war will remove all your freedoms as sure as if there were Nazi stormtroopers on the streets.

Maybe not next week. But just wait till next year. Even Avalon could be canceled... don't you see? This is realism. Not paranoia.

So yes, it's a war. And for sure, I've taken a side. It's not about "MAGA hats". That's glib, not very funny, and inaccurate. ( >> Gracy May, too.)

I'm an old-fashioned Liberal... or a Libertarian, depending on how the terms are defined. And that's why IF I were an American, I'd be driving 200 miles (if I had to) to vote for Trump. What happens in America from 2020—2024 may greatly affect the rest of the world.

So for me, it totally matters. It's a referendum for freedom.

NOT voting is like saying that you don't care what happens. But surely, you do.

But — Why Biden...??

12. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Adi (18th September 2020), Alan (18th September 2020), atman (18th September 2020), Chris Gilbert (21st September 2020), ClearWater (18th September 2020), Jake (18th September 2020), justntime2learn (18th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (18th September 2020), mountain_jim (20th September 2020), PurpleLama (18th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (18th September 2020), skogvokter (20th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (18th September 2020), T Smith (18th September 2020), TargeT (18th September 2020), thepainterdoug (18th September 2020), Yoda (18th September 2020)

13. Link to Post #167
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

I also agree with the false choice, but this is nothing new. I heard Freeman Fly lay it out a very long time ago, during Obama's first term, that the long term plan was to remove all public faith in the office of the elected president. Clinton was impeached but did not resign and was not removed from office. Bush was placed in the presidency by the Supreme Court in the aftermath of the hanging chads of Florida, when the constitution puts such decision making within the purview of Congress. Obama was elected, yet was ineligible as per the Birther conspiracy. Now we have Trump, and I see the upcoming election as a great show of division, with a third of the populace being thoroughly disenfranchised very much by design, regardless of what happens in a few months.

While many people take up the race to either/or, it is simply next level conspiritorial thinking that keeps grasping at the fact that the same machinations lie behind both sides of the political powers in the USA, and for that, Gracy is by no means incorrect. For me, the jury is still out on whether Trump is just controlled opposition, as my gut says so all the while the bile and hatred shown to him by the Left is not something to be faked on such a scale as we can readily observe.

That said, the media blitz leading up to his election in 2016 against him can be seen as some massive manipulation and mind control, not to beat him in an election but to sow the potential for chaos in the current time, 4 years ahead and they never let up in the meantime.

Just never forget that the forces of manipulation arrayed against the whole of society, indeed against the whole of civilization, operate in a longer term format than individual people ever tend to operate within. The plans for this year may well be the culmination of projects going back 50 years or more.

I wonder if the show we are seeing isn't to ram Biden into office amidst a heavily contested election, to provoke Trump's gun toting, conservative base to revolt in earnest, thereby furthering the anti-2nd amendment agenda more than we ever could have imagined.
    Last edited by PurpleLama; 18th September 2020 at 13:20.

14. Link to Post #168
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,656 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    the long term plan was to remove all public faith in the office of the elected president.

Biden seems to fit that goal very well.. but at the same time I feel it's not being done with the usual patience and finesse, these moves seem sloppy and obvious; rushed even.

I was assuming someone would have a bit of info on biden and his campaign by now...

best I can find is 2 stances... Climate change & get Trump out...

Both are ridiculous and seem heavily D.S. influenced.
    Last edited by TargeT; 18th September 2020 at 14:04.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

15. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alan (18th September 2020), atman (18th September 2020), Bill Ryan (18th September 2020), ClearWater (18th September 2020), Iancorgi (18th September 2020), Jake (18th September 2020), Jayke (19th September 2020), justntime2learn (18th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (18th September 2020), PurpleLama (18th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (18th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (18th September 2020)

16. Link to Post #169
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 times in 274 posts

Great discussion, thank you.

The first debate is schedule for September 29th, which is 11 days away. I don't see how the Dems let Biden on the stage. It would give liberals the chance to watch Biden for 90 minutes, and they would see what shape he is really in. Plus, Trump has been behaving as of late and would create the impression of being quite reasonable, and this would help him with the voters who are told consistently what a nut he is.

So something could/should happen in the next 11 days. If the debate does move forward, what a show it will be.....

17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TravelerJim For This Post:

Adi (18th September 2020), Alan (18th September 2020), atman (18th September 2020), Bill Ryan (18th September 2020), ClearWater (18th September 2020), Jayke (19th September 2020), justntime2learn (18th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (18th September 2020), skogvokter (20th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (18th September 2020), T Smith (18th September 2020), TargeT (18th September 2020), thepainterdoug (18th September 2020)

18. Link to Post #170
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,067 times in 3,146 posts

good observations all. Bill I agree on your assessment of Biden . Personally I do wish him well in his later years. We are all headed there.

I am a bit pissed at N Pelosi with her comment, she wouldn't dignify the President with a debate. REALLY??

Hello Nancy, its for the people of this country, not for you to favor or not favor. We are owed several debates in order to suss out the reality here.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

atman (18th September 2020), Bill Ryan (18th September 2020), ClearWater (18th September 2020), Jayke (19th September 2020), justntime2learn (18th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (18th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (18th September 2020), TargeT (21st September 2020)

20. Link to Post #171
    Language
    French
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,706 times in 211 posts

More troubling than Biden's nomination, to me, is the (seemingly) blind enthusiasm and the childish arrogance coming from his surrogates and some of his supporters.

Aren't there adults in the room? Don't they see how absurd his candidacy is? (Although, to be fair, some would ask the very same question about Trump.)

My understanding of the whole political charade is limited, but I do see clearly that this election is way more than a choice between Biden and Trump.

I generally think that elections do not matter much: some different flavor of the same junk food gets to become the dominant flavor, every four years.

But this particular presidential election is different. If Biden and the Democrats win the election, retain the House and also take control of the Senate, they will be in a position to radically change America... in a very bad way.

And so, like Bill in one of his posts above, I see this election as a war between two diametrically opposed visions for the future.

We are indeed at a critical junction in history. And the result of this election will have an impact on us all, in every continent. It will either accelerate the implementation of the One World Order agenda, with all that it entails politically, scientifically, socially and culturally... or it will slow it down further (even if only momentarily, although one would wish that it could be forever halted).

And so, why Biden?

Perhaps because his Party sees him as the archetype of the Old Wise Man. Or rather, in his case, as the archetype of the Old Grandpa, whose gaffes we tenderly forgive and with whom we smile when he tells us: "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun and the kids used to reach in the pool and rub my leg down and watch the hair come back up again!"

To use some of the insults directed at Trump by his opponents, Biden could be but a "useful idiot" and a "clueless pawn" who is being manipulated and used (and even abused) not by foreign forces, but by his very own Party.

Let us say that Biden is irrelevant, or at best a puppet. The possibilty of his becoming the next president of the United States is still a frightening proposition, not simply because of who his vice-president would be, but because of the hard-left agenda that his party is eager to implement. (And, yes, a hard-right agenda would be as bad.)

Along that line, am I wrong to believe that one of the primary objectives of the Democratic Party (joined by the merry-band of neocons from the Republican Party who have enthusiastically endorsed Biden) is to bring about more drastic societal and economic control under the false pretense of more justice, more security and more peace, while further solidifying the already-entrenched power of the D.C. elite and of the federal bureaucracy, aka the "swamp"?

Not to forget (and worth repeating), their declared intent to bring about America 2.0 — the motto of which one can already hear: "In Critical Race Theory We Trust"!

The additional musings that follow could be considered too distant from the question at hand (Why Biden?), so you may want to skip them.

The Democratic Party, from what I understand, sees the institution of government as a father figure that must continue to assert and exert his power and dominance over his children, even once they are in adulthood. The forever children, i.e. the democratic electorate, will not only happily obey all the rules put forth by Big Papa, they will also demand that more rules be created and enforced for the government to control all areas of their lives. (I know that it is very unfair to depict anything with such broad strokes, so for those who are reading this, please consider my musings as simply caricatures.)

Looking at the some of the core political, social and cultural ideas and values that it has embraced over the past decade, I find the current Democratic platform — along with its mouthpieces in the media, the tech world, the arts, etc. — to be a regressive agenda manifesting itself into a virulent societal disease: The infantilization of Western culture.
    "Can entire societies succumb to infantilization?

Frankfurt School scholars such as Herbert Marcuse, Erich Fromm and other critical theorists suggest that – like individuals – a society can also suffer from arrested development.

In their view, adults’ failure to reach emotional, social or cognitive maturity is not due to individual shortcomings.

Rather, it is socially engineered."
    We can find examples of infantilization on both sides of the political aisle, of course, but I think most would agree that it is much more prevalent within the Democratic Party than it is in the Republican Party. So many recent examples come to mind... And I'm not even thinking here of those young adults who throw tantrums while screaming Orange Man Bad!

Within the following excerpts, taken from the article linked above, don't we all recognize important aspects of today's dominant culture (dominant, that is, for perhaps half of the population), a so-called "progressive" culture that the Democratic Party has not only fully espoused, but has also declared as being, from now on, the only morally acceptable culture for America?
    "As contemporary scholars note, however, this “infantilist ethos” has become less charming – and more pervasive.

Researchers on both sides of the Atlantic have observed how this ethos has now crept into a vast range of social spheres.

In many workplaces, managers can now electronically monitor their employees, many of whom work in open spaces with little personal privacy. As sociologist Gary T. Marx observed, it creates a situation in which workers feel that managers expect them “to behave irresponsibly, to take advantage, and to screw up unless they remove all temptation, prevent them from doing so or trick or force them to do otherwise.”

Much has been written about higher education’s tendency to infantilize its students, whether it’s through monitoring their social media accounts, guiding their every step, or promoting “safe spaces” on campus.

(...)

Then we’ve witnessed the rise of a “therapy culture,” which, as sociologist Frank Furedi warns, treats adults as vulnerable, weak and fragile, while implying that their troubles rooted in childhood qualify them for a “permanent suspension of moral sense.” He argues that this absolves grown-ups from adult responsibilities and erodes their trust in their own experiences and insights."

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to atman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th September 2020), ClearWater (18th September 2020), Jayke (19th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (19th September 2020), T Smith (19th September 2020)

22. Link to Post #172
    New Zealand Avalon Member HaveBlue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 times in 346 posts

Biden and co may think that if it is good enough for W to read books upside down, choke on pretzels and be unable to recite the famous adage 'fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me' that he is in good company!

Trump is popular simply because he is not a swamp creature that does nothing in 47 years while claiming how much he cares and is going to get things changed. He also speaks about and to some people we ourselves would love to if we had the chance. Like a proxy for anyone who feels left behind and that is what he campaigned on. Trump is a marketing genius, he knows how to get airtime, all while insulting those who give that media time. A symbiosis that is quite remarkable!

Also it must really infuriate those who he insults while boasting of his own accomplishments that are true and undeniable. Best just to not mention them says the left media. Or be caught lying about them yet again.

The media was already at 6% believable in public opinion long before Trump came on the scene. He was just one of the 96% who has the opportunity to tell them. Many people really do feel represented for the first time or in a very long time.

I say credit where credit is due and nothing succeeds like success. This can annoy many people who like to see others fail.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HaveBlue For This Post:

atman (19th September 2020), ClearWater (19th September 2020), Iancorgi (19th September 2020), Jayke (19th September 2020), justntime2learn (19th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (19th September 2020), T Smith (19th September 2020), thepainterdoug (19th September 2020)

24. Link to Post #173
    Language
    French
    Thanks

We are now at a point where asking Why Biden? has become almost pointless, hasn't it?

Some of the election results will remain in limbo for weeks and will end up being strongly contested also for weeks, if not months. The integrity of the electoral process seems to have already been lost.

When Joe Biden was still only the Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, he kept repeating that his “single greatest concern” was that “this president is going to try to steal this election.”

Biden Campaign Deploys 600 Lawyers So Trump Can’t ‘Steal This Election’
    by Alison Durkee Forbes Staff Business | Jul 2, 2020

Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said Wednesday night that his campaign has gathered a group of 600 lawyers and more than 10,000 volunteers to fight against possible “chicanery” in the November election, as the candidate warns that President Donald Trump could interfere with the election to ensure his victory.

That deployment of 600 lawyers was announced by Biden some 2½ months ago and so I would not be surprised if twice that amount of lawyers was currently hired and deployed, especially in swing states.

While that effort has been presented by Biden as a preventive or defensive measure against fraud or trickery by the other side, I'm quite certain that the intention behind it is part of a plan that is, instead, unethical in nature.

As mentioned by several members in other threads, Saul Alinsky's Rules For Radicals is widely recognized as the Democrat Party's bible for community organizing and for political activism and propaganda.

In the book, Alinsky writes:
    "The means-and-ends moralists, constantly obsessed with the ethics of the means used by the Have-Nots against the Haves, should search themselves as to their real political position. In fact, they are passive — but real — allies of the Haves…. The most unethical of all means is the non-use of any means... The standards of judgment must be rooted in the whys and wherefores of life as it is lived, the world as it is, not our wished-for fantasy of the world as it should be...."

"The third rule of ethics of means and ends is that in war the end justifies almost any means...."
    With that kind of radical take on "ethics", I have no doubt that Biden and the Democrat Party not only intend to steal the election, but that they are already fully prepared to achieve that goal... by almost any means.

Joe Biden, in the meantime, has been applying one of the left's all-time favourite rules:
    Always accuse the other side of that which you are yourself guilty.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to atman For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (19th September 2020), Bill Ryan (19th September 2020), ClearWater (19th September 2020), Jayke (19th September 2020), justntime2learn (19th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (19th September 2020), thepainterdoug (19th September 2020)

26. Link to Post #174
    Language
    French
    Thanks

Last night, during yet another massive "peaceful protest"/rally, held this time in North Carolina, Donald Trump semi-joked that Joe Biden would most likely be under the influence of a cognitive enhancement drug during the upcoming debates.

The actual comment made by Trump does not meet the norms of what most consider "presidential" — read it or watch the video in the tweet at the bottom of the post — but there sure is never a dull moment with this president! And he sure knows how to entertain a big crowd!

Trump also said that he would want both him and Biden to take a drug test before the debates...

We already can be certain that Biden and his team would never agree to such a test (unless perhaps cheating could be involved). On the other hand, there is no doubt that Biden would indeed be given a cognitive enhancement drug, if he ever was allowed to participate in one or more debates with Trump.

I have no idea what specific drug Biden could be given just prior to a debate, but does anyone know if any such drug could really enhance his performance enough, during one hour or two or more, to make some viewers think: "Wow, Joe is sharp and in top shape!"?

Trump seems to believe it could:

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th September 2020), ClearWater (21st September 2020), Jayke (21st September 2020)

28. Link to Post #175
    Language
    French
    Thanks

To Have or Not To Have Dragon Energy, That Is The Question

The case has already been made concerning Joe Biden's cognitive decline and his general lack of vitality, and so I plead guilty to rubbing salt into the wound, here...

This is Joe, at the beginning of a formal address that he gave this afternoon in honour of Ruth Bader Ginsburg:

The comparison will be unfair, since the context could not be any more different, but listen to Donald Trump during a non-scripted phone call with mixed martial artist Colby Covington, last night, immediately after Trump had finished giving a long energetic speech in front a crowd of tens of thousands of people:

Covington refers to Trump's energy as dragon energy (famously ascribed to Trump and to himself by Kanye West, last June).

But no dragon energy emanating from Joe Biden, that's for sure!

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to atman For This Post:

Alan (20th September 2020), Bill Ryan (21st September 2020), ClearWater (21st September 2020), Jayke (21st September 2020), justntime2learn (22nd September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (21st September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (21st September 2020)

30. Link to Post #176
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,974 times in 20,621 posts

Is there a test for adrenochrome?
    Quote Posted by atman (here)
    Last night, during yet another massive "peaceful protest"/rally, held this time in North Carolina, Donald Trump semi-joked that Joe Biden would most likely be under the influence of a cognitive enhancement drug during the upcoming debates.

Trump also said that he would want both him and Biden to take a drug test before the debates...

We already can be certain that Biden and his team would never agree to such a test (unless perhaps cheating could be involved). On the other hand, there is no doubt that Biden would indeed be given a cognitive enhancement drug, if he ever was allowed to participate in one or more debates with Trump.

I have no idea what specific drug Biden could be given just prior to a debate, but does anyone know if any such drug could really enhance his performance enough, during one hour or two or more, to make some viewers think: "Wow, Joe is sharp and in top shape!"?

Trump seems to believe it could:
    Last edited by onawah; 21st September 2020 at 02:31.
    Each breath a gift...

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

atman (21st September 2020), Bill Ryan (21st September 2020), ClearWater (21st September 2020), Jayke (21st September 2020), justntime2learn (22nd September 2020), PurpleLama (21st September 2020), T Smith (21st September 2020), TargeT (21st September 2020)

32. Link to Post #177
    Language
    French
    Thanks

After an arduous week that was full of drama and of unbelievable news, I would say that the moment has come for some well-deserved comic relief.

The times we live in are particularly stressful, as it is becoming more and more difficult, for any of us, to distinguish between real news and fake news... or even, God forbid, between press releases and satire!

The two recently published "news" articles, below, are from The Babylon Bee.

They might actually help us answer that still-unresolved existential question of ours, Why Biden?

Enjoy!

Biden Forgets To Put On Clothes, Media Praises His Majestic Outfit

KISSIMMEE, FL—Joe Biden was taken out of the cooler in his campaign bus to give a speech at a campaign stop today, but oops! He forgot to put on clothes.

No worries for the Biden campaign, though. The media quickly praised his "regal" and "elegant" outfit, calling it "majestic" and "presidential."

"Look at that perfect business suit he's wearing -- looks like real presidential material to me!" said one CNN reporter before going off to write a puff piece on Kamala Harris' shoes.

"He's quite a dresser -- really knows how to wear that stylish and elegant suit well," whispered an MSNBC reporter. "Well done, Joe. Well done indeed."

But one young boy who wandered into the campaign event, thinking it to be a fun clown show, took one look at Biden and shouted, "Hey, he's not wearing any clothes!"

The other journalists all turned and looked at him, shocked at his gaslighting.

"Get him!" they cried. But, instead of tackling him, they observed social distancing guidelines and simply went after his old tweets.

Genius Trump Nominates Joe Biden To Supreme Court Forcing Dems To Accuse Him Of Sexual Assault

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Trump has announced his pick for Supreme Court justice: Joe Biden. By nominating Biden, Trump has forced the Dems' hands, making them believe the sexual assault claims and allegations of inappropriate, creepy behavior against the former vice president.

The "4D chess" move forced Dems to immediately accuse Joe Biden of sexual assault and reverse their position on the current claims against him.

"We now believe Tara Reade," said a somber Kamala Harris, "and we will do everything in our power to destroy this man's life."

In addition to believing current claims against Joe Biden, Democrats also immediately dug up 417 new accusers against Joe Biden. He has been accused of participating in wild frat parties, drunken keggers, and something called the "Devil's Triangle," which Dems say is either a Satanic ritual or code for a sexual practice or "maybe both."

"It's clear this man is dangerous and cannot be trusted," said Nancy Pelosi. "We call on the Senate to turn down his nomination and run him out of public life."

Biden released a statement, saying, "I just want to go home and see my grandkids again." His mic was cut off and he was pulled off the stage with a shepherd's crook.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to atman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st September 2020), Brigantia (22nd September 2020), ClearWater (21st September 2020), Iancorgi (21st September 2020), Jayke (21st September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (21st September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (21st September 2020)

34. Link to Post #178
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,397 times in 4,297 posts

According to Joe, approximately 3% of the world's population will die, due to covid, before he finishes his speech. Ok Joe...

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

atman (21st September 2020), Bill Ryan (21st September 2020), Brigantia (22nd September 2020), ClearWater (21st September 2020), onawah (21st September 2020), TargeT (21st September 2020)

36. Link to Post #179
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,397 times in 4,297 posts

The interviewer is sitting to his right, but Joe's looking to his left.

"Okay, I lost that line.."

Name:  biden_teleprompterfe73904cdd65f7672d2188d09f90c9.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  52.7 KB

I can understand when making a long speech to camera, or a large crowd, that a teleprompter is necessary. But a 1-on-1 interview? That not only smacks of incompetence on the interviewee's part, but a purely staged event. The interviewer has to be in on it too. When a politician cannot answer a question without reading the answer off a screen, then he's a sham. The whole damn thing is a sham.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd September 2020), Brigantia (22nd September 2020), ClearWater (22nd September 2020), justntime2learn (22nd September 2020), PurpleLama (22nd September 2020), T Smith (14th October 2020), TargeT (22nd September 2020)

38. Link to Post #180
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,656 times in 8,694 posts

Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

justntime2learn (22nd September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (23rd September 2020), PurpleLama (22nd September 2020), T Smith (14th October 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 9 12 LastLast