Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: Mother Mary in Bosnia, messages and secrets

1. Link to Post #61
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,557 times in 5,028 posts

Default Re: Mother Mary in Bosnia, messages and secrets

Quote Posted by prc (here)
    Billy,

Many Thanks for your thread. All the informationn was very useful. From your experiences to the 3 sentences below your profile. Very much appreciated. I am very far from Europe to visit Medjugorge, Fatima and Lourdes. But I can certainly join the annual Fasting that I was not aware it existed.
    Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    Billy
    I am curious about the fasting issue. It seems to play a key role if not a critical role in her message to humanity. Is there any more info on this. I am asking because the Bible is written in parables, generally, a simple story used to illustrate a moral or spiritual lesson. My feeling is that the Bible is a roadmap that can be interpreted differently by every person on the planet as long and as people don't lose sight of the big picture and the ultimate goal it will serve them well. That is why one persons interpretation of the Bible may very well seem ridiculous to another. It has been years since I attempted to read the Bible and reading the Old Testament was more than off-putting but it did put me on a road to looking for life's answers inward. I feel that it has served me well, looking for validation outside of yourself only seems to confuse the issues with no end in sight. That said on the issue of fasting I am confused.

So my question does the fasting mean that people should actually fast (from food), or does it mean fasting of a different sort. Should we abstain from anger, hatred, conflict, antagonism, violence, animosity, resentment etc.
    Quote Posted by The Moss Trooper (here)
    Great question rgray222:

Quote So my question does the fasting mean that people should actually fast (from food), or does it mean fasting of a different sort. Should we abstain from anger, hatred, conflict, antagonism, violence, animosity, resentment etc.
    Parent Post

I've been asking similar questions myself recently. Am intrigued by the topic of fasting, and why it seems to be so important.
    I think the topic of why fasting is so important is a discussion worth delving into.
    We have a fasting thread on Avalon already, which I read but felt that something important was missing in the discussion on that thread. Mainly the spiritual benefits of fasting.

I agree that fasting has many health benefits, fasting is good for kick-starting the body into rebalancing itself. Losing weight, if you are sick, fasting speeds up the healing process.

When I was living with the locals in Medjugorje, fast days were every Wednesday and Friday. Sometimes a three day fast or a novina fast for nine days was asked for.
    On the morning of a fast day, I was surprised to see the family I was staying with eating half rotten cherry's. A plate was put in front of me, when I said, "but this is a fast day". He said yes. The almost rotten cherry's will go right through you. Motioning with his hands downwards. To clean you out.
    So I ate them. Half an hour later we were all running to the toilet. Now our bodies were empty and cleaned out.

Fasting is not meant to be uncomfortable, drink lots of water, but Mary also recommended carrying a small piece of wholesome dry bread around on a fast day. If the acid in your stomach became uncomfortable, then you nibble a little bit dry bread to ease your stomach.
    Some carried dry dates for the same reason.
    When some people begin fasting, they may have a headache, but after a few fasts, the headaches are gone.

I began fasting with Intentions in 1983 before I travelled to Bosnia because of the messages that Mother Mary shared.

When I became used to fasting. I felt more energised, more awake, my inner locutions became more prominent, basically "out of the normal things" began to happen in my life. Synchronicity's with strangers I was encountering. Divine interventions like my OP in this thread began to happen and continued to happen for decades afterwards. You can fast for a sick friend or family member.

My eating habits changed dramatically. I used to eat the three meals a day. But I have never eaten a breakfast since 1983 to this day. I eat one meal a day now.
    I can go 36 hrs with no food no problem. After 10 years of strict fasting, it just became part of my life.

I am not sure how to qualify the spiritual benefits of fasting, but through experience, I know it works. I know it is a powerful tool.
    When Mary said that fasting with Intentions can prevent wars or lessen the effects of natural catastrophes. I listened, I believed her message and took action.

I hope we can have more input and we can learn more of the benefits and power of fasting
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

2. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Anka (21st September 2020), Ben (8th October 2020), Bill Ryan (6th September 2020), Bluegreen (7th September 2020), Chip (16th September 2023), Eva2 (6th September 2020), Gracy (6th September 2020), Gwin Ru (6th September 2020), Harmony (6th September 2020), janette (6th September 2020), Johan (Keyholder) (8th October 2020), Journeyman (16th April 2021), Kryztian (16th September 2020), onevoice (6th September 2020), pabranno (11th December 2021), Peace in Oz (7th September 2020), rgray222 (6th September 2020), Sadieblue (29th September 2020), Savannah (6th September 2020), Stephanie (6th September 2020), sunflower (7th September 2020), tessie999 (16th September 2023), The Moss Trooper (6th September 2020), Tintin (7th October 2020), Trisher (7th September 2020), Valerie Villars (6th September 2020), Victoria (9th August 2021), wondering (6th September 2020), zebowho (13th December 2021), Zirconian (6th September 2020)

3. Link to Post #62
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,838 times in 650 posts

Brilliant,

thanks for the above post Billy. Food for thought.

Just thinking aloud here, .........we know that the gut has intelligence, that 'gut-feeling' we have all experienced in situations and incidents, often at odds with what our brain is telling us. Rhetorical question here, but how many times after said incident have we realised that if we would've gone with our gut-feeling the outcome would've been a better one? I'm guessing many.

So with regard to fasting, maybe the lack of food and the energy that the body and digestive system uses whilst digesting food is then focused on something else? It is this 'something else' that I'm interested in. No doubt about it, the gut has intelligence, so during fast, what is this intelligence doing?

Cheers Billy.
    May your Spirit stay unbroken, may you not be deterred.

4. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to The Moss Trooper For This Post:

Ben (8th October 2020), Bill Ryan (6th September 2020), Billy (6th September 2020), Eva2 (6th September 2020), Gracy (6th September 2020), Gwin Ru (6th September 2020), Harmony (6th September 2020), janette (6th September 2020), Kryztian (16th September 2020), pabranno (11th December 2021), Peace in Oz (21st September 2020), rgray222 (6th September 2020), Sadieblue (29th September 2020), Stephanie (6th September 2020), Valerie Villars (6th September 2020), Victoria (9th August 2021), wondering (6th September 2020), Zirconian (6th September 2020)

5. Link to Post #63
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 times in 731 posts

I was not raised in any religion and have to admit I have never read the Bible. In 1993 while in meditation at the Monroe Institute in Virginia I saw very clearly Mary in the sky floating far above the area where I lived in New York. She was what I then described as electric and what I now understand was her full energetic aura. It was similar to Doug’s painting in that I was below looking up at her but I saw all the chakra colors around her. Thanks Billy wonderful thread.

6. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Savannah For This Post:

Anka (6th September 2020), Ben (8th October 2020), Bill Ryan (6th September 2020), Billy (6th September 2020), Chip (16th September 2023), Eva2 (6th September 2020), Gracy (6th September 2020), Gwin Ru (6th September 2020), Harmony (6th September 2020), janette (6th September 2020), pabranno (11th December 2021), Peace in Oz (21st September 2020), rgray222 (28th September 2020), Sadieblue (29th September 2020), Stephanie (6th September 2020), UNEEKSTUF (8th October 2020), Valerie Villars (6th September 2020), Victoria (9th August 2021), wondering (6th September 2020), Zirconian (6th September 2020)

7. Link to Post #64
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Doug, I just knew she was different. Her clothes were impeccable; impeccable as in a way we rumpled humans can't replicate. At that moment I was so peaceful and beatific so that is what I felt.

At the time I had been given and read a signed copy of "Left to Tell"

https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/left-t...7&idiq=3680505
    and was listening to a cd of her reciting the rosary.

I had also just finished "The Life of the Blessed Mary" https://www.thriftbooks.com/browse/?...0Virgin%20Mary

Billy, I too was fasting but by instinct. I just couldn't eat and was doing well on Power Aid, which is full of vitamin B. Of course my family became alarmed at how thin I had become, so they got an order of protective custody and I was in a psychiatric institution for six days.

I resisted taking their "medicine" for a day or so, because I didn't want the experience to end, but was told if I didn't, they wouldn't let me out.

In retrospect, sometimes I feel Immanuel's very spiritual energy somehow helped it all to happen. Very powerful spiritual people often do this.

Strangely, I couldn't get enough of "Let It Be" by the Beatles, which of course talks about turning to the Blessed Mother in times of trouble.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

8. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Anka (6th September 2020), Ben (8th October 2020), Bill Ryan (6th September 2020), Billy (6th September 2020), Bluegreen (7th September 2020), Craig (6th September 2020), Eva2 (6th September 2020), Gracy (6th September 2020), Gwin Ru (7th September 2020), Harmony (28th September 2020), janette (6th September 2020), Kryztian (16th September 2020), pabranno (11th December 2021), Peace in Oz (21st September 2020), pueblo (6th September 2020), rgray222 (6th September 2020), Sadieblue (29th September 2020), Stephanie (6th September 2020), Trisher (7th September 2020), Victoria (9th August 2021), Zirconian (6th September 2020)

9. Link to Post #65
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,327 times in 3,414 posts

In studying about Marian apparitions, I find it interesting that you don't have to be any specific religious denomination or even Christian to interact with this phenomenon, yet Mary usually does appear to groups of people of certain religions, mostly Roman Catholics. Protestant religions have demoted her significance in Christian worship, so it isn't surprising that they are not reporting these apparitions, however, most Eastern Orthodox, Anglican, and Oriental Orthodox churches venerate her. There is at least one famous Russian apparition (Our Lady of Kazan) and several Coptic apparitions (all as mysterious sparks of light and light apparitions in Egypt), but Greek Orthodox people, who have lots of icons of Mary and churches named after her, have none. I've also looked for but never found evidence that there have been similar apparitions of the Quan Yin in Buddhist nations.

There is a figure in Chinese folk religions called Wusheng Laomu (無生老母 or "Eternal Venerable Mother") who sounds a lot like the apparition of Medjugorje, and has some similar revelations and prophesies:

Quote In this last salvation, the Eternal Primordial Mother (Wu sheng lao mu) has already opened the door for universal salvation. Ji-Gong ( a historical legendary figure or deity in Chinese folklore) at this time comes down from heaven to do the job of “collecting all the souls who are getting lost” (shou yuan). That is, now all sentinel beings can go back to paradise. Ji-Gong in this life has reincarnated as the eighteenth patriarch of the Tung Shan She 团善 淑. Even though the Eighteenth Patriarch Zhang Tian Ran passed away in 1947, it is believed that the mandate of heaven, or the Dharma/Tao Lineage, now is transmitted to the human realm. The leaders of each division in the Tung Shan She 团善 淑, called senior elders, theoretically all are entrusted with this mandate of heaven. Master Shi zun 师尊 is the new leader and reincarnation of Ji-Gong.

Today, we can see that despite the development of high technology, disasters all over the world, according to the Tung Shan She 团善 淑, certainly show the sign of doomsday approaching. Therefore, everybody should be in a hurry to link to the mandate of heaven to get the last chance of being saved.
    http://tongshanshe.blogspot.com/2013...salvation.html

10. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Ben (8th October 2020), Bill Ryan (21st September 2020), Billy (21st September 2020), Eva2 (21st September 2020), Gwin Ru (21st September 2020), Harmony (28th September 2020), Mare (21st September 2020), pabranno (11th December 2021), Peace in Oz (21st September 2020), rgray222 (21st September 2020), Sadieblue (29th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (22nd September 2020), Stephanie (22nd September 2020), tessie999 (17th September 2023), UNEEKSTUF (9th August 2021), Valerie Villars (22nd September 2020), Victoria (9th August 2021), Zirconian (21st September 2020)

11. Link to Post #66
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,003 times in 2,188 posts

Hi Billy
    Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy this topic. It has been responsible for rekindling my interest in prayer and the exploration of religion. It has always been part of my search for meaning but over the years it has unfortunately taken a backseat. Your experiences and this thread has renewed its importance in my life.
    Thank You

12. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Anka (21st September 2020), Ben (8th October 2020), Bill Ryan (21st September 2020), Billy (21st September 2020), Eva2 (22nd September 2020), Ewan (28th September 2020), Gwin Ru (21st September 2020), Harmony (28th September 2020), Kryztian (22nd September 2020), Mare (21st September 2020), Peace in Oz (21st September 2020), Sadieblue (29th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (22nd September 2020), Stephanie (22nd September 2020), Valerie Villars (22nd September 2020), Victoria (9th August 2021), wondering (21st September 2020), Zirconian (21st September 2020)

13. Link to Post #67
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,889 times in 325 posts

Billy,

I would also like to add my thanks.
    Your thread is a blessing.
    You have brought Mother Mary back into my life and for that I am grateful.

Years ago, I used to meditate and call in Mother Mary.....and Quan Yin.

One day, when I was doing a healing treatment on a woman who had tried for years to conceive a child with bitter disappointments along the way, I saw a figure in my minds eye, very much like the traditional image of Mother Mary. She handed a baby to the woman. It all happened very quickly and I was a bit stunned.

After the healing session finished, I truly did not know what to say, what if it was just my imagination? What if stating what I'd seen psychically would give false hope and lead to further disappointment?

I decided just to state, the healing felt very positive.

The woman did become pregnant…….and gave birth to not one child but twins! I got to see them later on. Lovely memory.

Billy, your posts have brought Mother Mary back for me. Thank you.

14. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Zirconian For This Post:

Anka (21st September 2020), Ben (8th October 2020), Bill Ryan (21st September 2020), Billy (23rd September 2020), Eva2 (22nd September 2020), Ewan (28th September 2020), Gwin Ru (21st September 2020), Harmony (28th September 2020), Kryztian (22nd September 2020), pabranno (11th December 2021), Peace in Oz (21st September 2020), rgray222 (21st September 2020), Sadieblue (29th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (22nd September 2020), Stephanie (22nd September 2020), tessie999 (17th September 2023), UNEEKSTUF (9th August 2021), Valerie Villars (22nd September 2020), Victoria (9th August 2021)

15. Link to Post #68
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,557 times in 5,028 posts

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)
    In studying about Marian apparitions, I find it interesting that you don't have to be any specific religious denomination or even Christian to interact with this phenomenon, yet Mary usually does appear to groups of people of certain religions, mostly Roman Catholics. Protestant religions have demoted her significance in Christian worship, so it isn't surprising that they are not reporting these apparitions, however, most Eastern Orthodox, Anglican, and Oriental Orthodox churches venerate her. There is at least one famous Russian apparition (Our Lady of Kazan) and several Coptic apparitions (all as mysterious sparks of light and light apparitions in Egypt), but Greek Orthodox people, who have lots of icons of Mary and churches named after her, have none. I've also looked for but never found evidence that there have been similar apparitions of the Quan Yin in Buddhist nations.

There is a figure in Chinese folk religions called Wusheng Laomu (無生老母 or "Eternal Venerable Mother") who sounds a lot like the apparition of Medjugorje, and has some similar revelations and prophesies:

Quote In this last salvation, the Eternal Primordial Mother (Wu sheng lao mu) has already opened the door for universal salvation. Ji-Gong ( a historical legendary figure or deity in Chinese folklore) at this time comes down from heaven to do the job of “collecting all the souls who are getting lost” (shou yuan). That is, now all sentinel beings can go back to paradise. Ji-Gong in this life has reincarnated as the eighteenth patriarch of the Tung Shan She 团善 淑. Even though the Eighteenth Patriarch Zhang Tian Ran passed away in 1947, it is believed that the mandate of heaven, or the Dharma/Tao Lineage, now is transmitted to the human realm. The leaders of each division in the Tung Shan She 团善 淑, called senior elders, theoretically all are entrusted with this mandate of heaven. Master Shi zun 师尊 is the new leader and reincarnation of Ji-Gong.

Today, we can see that despite the development of high technology, disasters all over the world, according to the Tung Shan She 团善 淑, certainly show the sign of doomsday approaching. Therefore, everybody should be in a hurry to link to the mandate of heaven to get the last chance of being saved.
    http://tongshanshe.blogspot.com/2013...salvation.html
    Thank you Kryztian
    Another interesting phenomena. Is not just the place where Mary appears, but who she appears to.
    In my research, I found that the majority of apparitions take place in nature, up a remote hill or a cave (grotto)

Why millions of Muslims are seeing apparitions of the Mother Mary

https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/archived/encounter/4812020#:~:text=Mary's%20image%20was%20seen%20first,the%20road%20from%20the%20church.

Why have apparitions of the Mother Mary appeared across the Muslim world in recent decades, and why was St George celebrated just as much in 19th century Anatolia as he is in modern Britain? Margaret Coffey explores the inter-religious saints that have bound together different faiths in shared ceremony and respect.

In 1968, when Egypt was experiencing something of a political, social and economic crisis, the image of the Virgin Mary was seen above the dome of a Coptic Christian church in the Cairo suburb of Zeitun.

Mary's image was seen first in April 1968, a month after workers had gone on unprecedented strike in another Cairo suburb, by two Muslim watchmen at a garage across the road from the church. The apparitions recurred for five months, for hours on end, and more than a million and a half people claim to have seen Mary during this time. There was no verbal message received, but many Egyptians interpreted the apparitions as a message about Egyptian unity and peace, and as testimony to the power of the spiritual realm.

Again, in December 2009, a Muslim neighbour of a Coptic Church in Giza, Egypt's third largest city, claimed to have seen a light over the Church from the vantage point of the coffee shop over the road. Over the following days, 200,000 people, Christian and Muslim, shared his observation—and took it as a sign of difficult times to come, when unity would be a challenge to the Egyptian people.

It turned out to be a timely warning—soon after, at the Coptic Christmas, a number of Christians were shot down in front of a church.

So, where is Mary now, when Egypt is again in a time of crisis?

Mary has been one of the strongest symbols across the Middle East for unity, across religions, tribes and nations.

In fact, Mary has made an appearance in another trouble spot, Syria.

In 1982, the year that saw the so-called Hama massacre, when the Syrian regime put down with particular thoroughness a Muslim Brotherhood uprising in the city that became one of the first opposition centres in the current war, Mary appeared in an ordinary house in the old city of Damascus. She was preceded by other manifestations that drew thousands of people, and when she delivered her messages over a period of years, they emphasised unity and peace, first among Christians, and then between all peoples. Our Lady of Soufanieh remains a focal point of prayer in Damascus—every day at 5 pm, the house is open for prayer, and those who come include both Christians and Muslims.

Read more here.
    https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/archived/encounter/4812020#:~:text=Mary's%20image%20was%20seen%20first,the%20road%20from%20the%20church.

@ rgray and Zirconian.
    Thank you so much for sharing. You both touched me deeply
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

16. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Ben (8th October 2020), Bill Ryan (28th September 2020), Brigantia (28th September 2020), Ewan (28th September 2020), Gwin Ru (28th September 2020), Harmony (28th September 2020), Kryztian (28th September 2020), pabranno (11th December 2021), Peace in Oz (28th September 2020), rgray222 (28th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (28th September 2020), Stephanie (8th October 2020), sunflower (10th December 2021), tessie999 (17th September 2023), Valerie Villars (28th September 2020), Victoria (9th August 2021), Zirconian (28th September 2020)

17. Link to Post #69
    Thanks

A short (12 minutes) documentary about the Virigin of Zeitoun, the apparition that appeared north of Cairo after the Six Day War. This was at a Coptic church, built on the location where Joseph, Mary and Jesus allegedly were during their Flight into Egypt and was witnessed by millions of Muslims and Coptic Christians. Mary is mentioned more times in the Koran than she is in the Bible, and is considered to be the greatest of all women by Muslims.

18. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Ben (8th October 2020), Bill Ryan (28th September 2020), Billy (28th September 2020), Brigantia (28th September 2020), Elainie (28th September 2020), Gwin Ru (28th September 2020), Harmony (8th October 2020), pabranno (11th December 2021), rgray222 (28th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th September 2020), Stephanie (8th October 2020), sunflower (10th December 2021), thepainterdoug (28th September 2020), Valerie Villars (28th September 2020), Victoria (9th August 2021), wondering (7th October 2020)

19. Link to Post #70
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,003 times in 2,188 posts

Billy
    Once again I am back to thank you for this thread. The rekindling of religion in my life has had a positive effect on myself and others. You just know when something feels right in your soul and in your heart. The power of prayer does work.
    R

Last edited by rgray222; 4th December 2020 at 16:40.

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Ben (8th October 2020), Bill Ryan (7th October 2020), Billy (8th October 2020), Gwin Ru (7th October 2020), Harmony (8th October 2020), Journeyman (16th April 2021), Mike Gorman (11th December 2021), Pam (11th December 2021), Peace in Oz (7th October 2020), Sarah Rainsong (8th October 2020), Stephanie (8th October 2020), Victoria (9th August 2021), wondering (7th October 2020)

21. Link to Post #71
    Language
    Music
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,416 times in 423 posts

Billy
    Once again I am back to thank you for this thread. The rekindling of religion in my life has had a positive effect on myself and others. You just know when something feels right in your soul and in your heart. The power of prayer does work.
    R
    Yes it does I have seen it many times in my life. But people will not believe or hear any thing until its there time. That is why one way does not fit all just my 2 cent experience thanks rggray and Billy.

The Axman
    So what we cant see means little to some souls on this planet.

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Axman For This Post:

Ben (8th October 2020), Bill Ryan (7th October 2020), Billy (8th October 2020), Constance (8th October 2020), Gwin Ru (7th October 2020), Harmony (8th October 2020), pabranno (11th December 2021), Pam (11th December 2021), rgray222 (7th October 2020), Stephanie (8th October 2020), Victoria (9th August 2021), wondering (7th October 2020)

23. Link to Post #72
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,190 times in 437 posts

Quote Posted by Billy (here)
    Quote Posted by prc (here)
    Billy,

Many Thanks for your thread. All the informationn was very useful. From your experiences to the 3 sentences below your profile. Very much appreciated. I am very far from Europe to visit Medjugorge, Fatima and Lourdes. But I can certainly join the annual Fasting that I was not aware it existed.
    Billy
    I am curious about the fasting issue. It seems to play a key role if not a critical role in her message to humanity. Is there any more info on this. I am asking because the Bible is written in parables, generally, a simple story used to illustrate a moral or spiritual lesson. My feeling is that the Bible is a roadmap that can be interpreted differently by every person on the planet as long and as people don't lose sight of the big picture and the ultimate goal it will serve them well. That is why one persons interpretation of the Bible may very well seem ridiculous to another. It has been years since I attempted to read the Bible and reading the Old Testament was more than off-putting but it did put me on a road to looking for life's answers inward. I feel that it has served me well, looking for validation outside of yourself only seems to confuse the issues with no end in sight. That said on the issue of fasting I am confused.

So my question does the fasting mean that people should actually fast (from food), or does it mean fasting of a different sort. Should we abstain from anger, hatred, conflict, antagonism, violence, animosity, resentment etc.
    Quote Posted by The Moss Trooper (here)
    Great question rgray222:

Quote So my question does the fasting mean that people should actually fast (from food), or does it mean fasting of a different sort. Should we abstain from anger, hatred, conflict, antagonism, violence, animosity, resentment etc.
    Parent Post

I've been asking similar questions myself recently. Am intrigued by the topic of fasting, and why it seems to be so important.
    I think the topic of why fasting is so important is a discussion worth delving into.
    We have a fasting thread on Avalon already, which I read but felt that something important was missing in the discussion on that thread. Mainly the spiritual benefits of fasting.

I agree that fasting has many health benefits, fasting is good for kick-starting the body into rebalancing itself. Losing weight, if you are sick, fasting speeds up the healing process.

When I was living with the locals in Medjugorje, fast days were every Wednesday and Friday. Sometimes a three day fast or a novina fast for nine days was asked for.
    On the morning of a fast day, I was surprised to see the family I was staying with eating half rotten cherry's. A plate was put in front of me, when I said, "but this is a fast day". He said yes. The almost rotten cherry's will go right through you. Motioning with his hands downwards. To clean you out.
    So I ate them. Half an hour later we were all running to the toilet. Now our bodies were empty and cleaned out.

Fasting is not meant to be uncomfortable, drink lots of water, but Mary also recommended carrying a small piece of wholesome dry bread around on a fast day. If the acid in your stomach became uncomfortable, then you nibble a little bit dry bread to ease your stomach.
    Some carried dry dates for the same reason.
    When some people begin fasting, they may have a headache, but after a few fasts, the headaches are gone.

I began fasting with Intentions in 1983 before I travelled to Bosnia because of the messages that Mother Mary shared.

When I became used to fasting. I felt more energised, more awake, my inner locutions became more prominent, basically "out of the normal things" began to happen in my life. Synchronicity's with strangers I was encountering. Divine interventions like my OP in this thread began to happen and continued to happen for decades afterwards. You can fast for a sick friend or family member.

My eating habits changed dramatically. I used to eat the three meals a day. But I have never eaten a breakfast since 1983 to this day. I eat one meal a day now.
    I can go 36 hrs with no food no problem. After 10 years of strict fasting, it just became part of my life.

I am not sure how to qualify the spiritual benefits of fasting, but through experience, I know it works. I know it is a powerful tool.
    When Mary said that fasting with Intentions can prevent wars or lessen the effects of natural catastrophes. I listened, I believed her message and took action.

I hope we can have more input and we can learn more of the benefits and power of fasting
    What we eat determines the type of gut bacteria we have. It is also now known that the brain and other body organs also have microbiomes. Fasting can clear out pathogenic bacteria from the gut and it reduces most types of bacteria as they no longer have food to thrive on. It is said that when we fast we become clear about physical cravings, emotional eating and more. We are given the opportunity to discover more about our essential selves and also forge a clear link to source.

Thank you Billy for this beautiful thread, it is very uplifting and brings through the energy of Mother Mary to those who are open and ready for it.

Trisher
    Last edited by Trisher; 8th October 2020 at 09:04.

24. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Trisher For This Post:

Ben (8th October 2020), Bill Ryan (8th October 2020), Billy (8th October 2020), gini (11th December 2021), Harmony (8th October 2020), mokosh (8th October 2020), pabranno (11th December 2021), Pam (11th December 2021), Peace in Oz (17th April 2021), rgray222 (8th October 2020), Sarah Rainsong (8th October 2020), Stephanie (8th October 2020), Victoria (9th August 2021), Zirconian (8th October 2020)

25. Link to Post #73
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,389 times in 4,323 posts

Quote Posted by Billy (here)
    [...]
    Another interesting phenomena. Is not just the place where Mary appears, but who she appears to.
    In my research, I found that the majority of apparitions take place in nature, up a remote hill or a cave (grotto)

[...]

... Mother Mary still currently appearing in Bosnia...

Howerd Halay Exposes Fatima 1917 with Nicholas Veniamin

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th April 2021), Billy (17th April 2021), Harmony (10th December 2021), Kryztian (18th September 2023), pabranno (11th December 2021), Peace in Oz (17th April 2021), Sue (Ayt) (16th April 2021), Tintin (16th April 2021), Victoria (9th August 2021), Zirconian (16th April 2021)

27. Link to Post #74
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,889 times in 325 posts

Just to bump this thread, as IMHO, Mother Mary conciousness is very helpful in these very difficult times.

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Zirconian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th August 2021), Billy (12th December 2021), Gwin Ru (10th December 2021), Harmony (10th December 2021), Inversion (8th August 2021), Kryztian (8th August 2021), Mare (11th December 2021), pabranno (11th December 2021), pyrangello (8th August 2021), tessie999 (8th August 2021), Victoria (9th August 2021), wondering (8th August 2021)

29. Link to Post #75
    Thanks

Quote from a "New Thinking Allowed" video about "The Goddess" that appears in times of distress.
    Jeffrey Mishlove: So one might say when things are really falling apart, that's when we need the goddess to bring wholeness.

Debashsish Banerji: Perhaps that is when the goddess is closest to us. When things are falling apart we can't hold it together and that's when we need to invoke it. This is also Jung's idea of the transition to the new age, the Age of Aquarius. The Goddess is hovering somewhere very close to us, and those who are awake to the need for a kind of a reunification call on her and this is the future perhaps that we are looking at.
    at (28:45)

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th December 2021), Billy (12th December 2021), Bluegreen (10th December 2021), Gwin Ru (10th December 2021), Harmony (10th December 2021), Mare (11th December 2021), pabranno (11th December 2021), sunflower (10th December 2021)

31. Link to Post #76
    United States Avalon Member pabranno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,724 times in 318 posts

Love this thread. More, please!

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pabranno For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th December 2021), Billy (12th December 2021), Gwin Ru (16th September 2023), Harmony (11th December 2021), Kryztian (11th December 2021)

33. Link to Post #77
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,983 times in 1,749 posts

I was put off the Medjugorje Mary sect by the zealotry of someone close to me, he embraced this completely but this did not seem to bring happiness or peace for him, it became a means to make him feel exclusive, superior and blessed among the heathens: there is a kind of elitism among these people who totally accept that they alone have been granted a view of the divine, the 'favor of heaven'.
    The teachings of Jesus often involved giving his attention to the most afflicted, poor and shunned people - Lepers, beggars, those who were scorned and reviled in society - he did not promote this elite view that only the holy will have the ear of God; we might gain a sense of blessedness by withholding a few dinners and punctuating our affluent lives with a little self denial - the chemistry of mystical states is well known, when the body is denied regular nourishment strange cocktails of compounds begin to form, heavenly hallucinatory states can visit us.
    For those people who have not experienced any shift in their sobriety, who have not veered from the narrow path of righteousness, some fasting can have remarkable outcomes, we are after all 'Walking Stomachs' and it is reasonable to expect that fasting will change our psychological environment.
    Does this equate with being in God's presence?
    Human beings are a fickle, gullible lot, we want figures to follow, we want to be told what we should do with our pittance of freedom, we feel afraid and alone unless we are engaged with idolatry of some kind.
    We are in the presence of God each day, when we awaken, when we visit the toilet, when we commute, when we look up occasionally at the constant mystery of the stars.
    Mother Mary?
    Well O.K, if so she is everyone's mother, and this planet is no more 'in sin' than the constant burning of the suns - we had no say in anything, don't get carried away with your religious hobby.

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th December 2021), Billy (12th December 2021), Frankie Pancakes (11th December 2021), Gwin Ru (16th September 2023), Harmony (25th September 2022), Peace in Oz (11th December 2021), zebowho (13th December 2021)

35. Link to Post #78
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,640 times in 2,598 posts

I really love this thread that our Avalon mod Billy started and described his personal experience. Many member described their also remarkable experiences too, my experience was in this post.

I can not say I understand this experience, but I felt it was profound for me and it stayed with me for a long time and when ever I think of it, it feels fresh in my mind and energy field. I will not take this thread off topic or wouldn't want it to be a debate about what ever members might feel about them, but a bump perhaps if anyone has experienced anything since the last post above.

I was listening to a video towards the bottom of the page here, a discussion with Father Jim Blount and about at the 52 minute mark he was discussing with Doug Barry the reports that people around the world have been seeing a sort of phenomena occouring when observing the sun. About 10 days before I watched this video I had also noticed that myself and wondered what it might mean. I wondered if others might be noticing that too. Please respect Billy's thread and keep this on topic connected to Mary apparitions and the phenomena described during them that may be important.

I have felt drawn to prayers the past year and more so the past few months through the Immacute Heart of Mary. For me that is an energy carried that many may feel within.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Harmony For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th September 2023), Gwin Ru (16th September 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th September 2023), RunningDeer (16th September 2023), Yoda (16th September 2023)

37. Link to Post #79
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,292 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Harmony (here)
    I was listening to a video towards the bottom of the page here, a discussion with Father Jim Blount and about at the 52 minute mark he was discussing with Doug Barry the reports that people around the world have been seeing a sort of phenomena occouring when observing the sun. About 10 days before I watched this video I had also noticed that myself and wondered what it might mean. I wondered if others might be noticing that too. Please respect Billy's thread and keep this on topic connected to Mary apparitions and the phenomena described during them that may be important.
    @ 50 minutes
    Fr. Blount - Today's Fallout of Satan's 100 Year Reign
    May 24, 2023
    U.S. Grace Force
    usgraceforce.com
    70.5K subscribers

It is widely known that Pope Leo XIII had a powerful experience that involved the devil bragging to Jesus, that if the devil was given more power, he could destroy the Church. NOW, we are living in the fallout of that prophecy. Fr Jim Blount discusses this fallout we are living in, and he talks about a vision that he had that speaks of a dire warning for America, if we do not stop choosing moral destruction.
    @ 1:01:00

Could you end us with a prayer please?

I’m going to pray the Unity Prayer for us. It’s from the approved Flame of Love* movement because it has that power to blind and paralyze evil spirits. I’m one of several exorcists around the world who've experienced this where we use this prayer and somebody was set free from satanic oppression or possession in front of us in one minute.
    * The mission of this Flame of Love movement is to evangelize, with the flame of love of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. We do this by living and spreading her message, so that the love of the Eternal Father and of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, set all hearts on fire.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 16th September 2023 at 14:52.

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th September 2023), Gwin Ru (16th September 2023), Harmony (16th September 2023), Kryztian (18th September 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th September 2023), Michel Leclerc (16th September 2023), sunflower (16th September 2023), Yoda (16th September 2023)

39. Link to Post #80
    Albania Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,899 times in 467 posts

These are the verses of the Quran about Mary (the mother of Jesus):
    [3 : 42] And when the angels said, "O Mary, indeed God has chosen you and purified you and chosen you above the women of the worlds.
    [3 : 43] O Mary, be devoutly obedient to your Lord and prostrate and bow with those who bow.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

Kryztian (18th September 2023), sunflower (16th September 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4