+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has The Project Avalon Forum grown ?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Plotus's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Has The Project Avalon Forum grown ?

Has the forum grown ? With the likes of God like productions and then Above Top Secret's immenant demise I'm wondering if the membership has grown recently. Above Top Secret is the reason I'm here, as infrequent as I post even. I come and stroll through the posts and find interests to occupy me. GLP is not in trouble, however ATS faces financial disaster, due mainly to antiquated or non-existant upgrades. Living on their laurals as it were, leaving only a path to other sites.

Rogue Nation has been a destination as well catching alot of ATS members looking to continue with a forum representative of their interests. ATS made the mistake of becoming primarily political with their 'mud pit' a caustic and vitriolic environment. GLP came in as a long time forum, but far too transient in their topics, often dissappearing into oblivion as a far away page by then, hours in the past and forgotten. I suppose that indicated heavy traffic, but sometimes in hours or minutes vanish. No chance to respond.

Rogue Nation was most like ATS in concept and different topics, only without all the caustic members.

Another reason Project Avalon Forum may have grown is the kids out of school, Covid, and also parents looking to escape to somewhere interesting.

It is difficult to find that just right forum with the proper decorum, but I believe these are the top three. From there they become a bit more fictional. Curious if our number increased or declined in 2020 ???
    Frankly I have been here since it was the 'old' forum. A lot has changed.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Plotus For This Post:

aoibhghaire (21st August 2020), Bluegreen (21st August 2020), ClearWater (21st August 2020), Constance (21st August 2020), ExomatrixTV (21st August 2020), Forest Denizen (21st August 2020), Frank V (21st August 2020), Gracy (21st August 2020), Harmony (22nd August 2020), Justplain (22nd August 2020), Mike (21st August 2020), O Donna (22nd August 2020), Peter UK (21st August 2020), shadowstalker (23rd August 2020), Tintin (22nd August 2020), Wind (23rd August 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 124,906 times in 20,684 posts
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

amor (22nd August 2020), Franny (22nd August 2020), Harmony (22nd August 2020), Justplain (22nd August 2020), scotslad (21st August 2020), Tintin (22nd August 2020), Wind (23rd August 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Plotus's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Has The Project Avalon Forum grown ?

I'v gotten that sortof impression as of late, actually always was in my timeframe and is little used

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,974 times in 5,003 posts

Hi Plotus

Has Project Avalon grown? Vast subject.

This week a five-year-old family member told me I was old and going to die. I told him I used to be a little boy like him, and before that a baby, and so even babies ended up dying. Did he grow by learning this? Time will tell.

But you mean, has the readership grown in numbers? In other words, has the output become more influential? Well, the site has grown in terms of volume, which presumably is translatable in terms of increased google hits. I always try to link back to earlier material, notably in order to show that what you see today is not a façade, but stretches way back. That is another way to gauge whether a website is serious/reliable…. or not – and therefore likely or not to attract more readers.

One aspect of this is that members who are no longer posting are still present. They are not ghosts: they are still active, and what they posted in 2013 or 2015 is still relevant. Another aspect is the editorial style. Civility before “truth”, i.e. form before substance. It sounds like anything goes, but it doesn’t work that way. You can say what you like, but some things cannot be said without collapsing under their own weight. These are the real ghosts: posts that are still active, but what they stated in 2013 or 2015 is still irrelevant. Time will tell.

I don’t know about other forums, but here you can say what you like, including if it is in total disagreement with the forum owner. This is where anyone disillusioned with the mainstream media might find this forum of value. I say this independently of any given content. I may disagree with most of what I read here; no matter; that is the price to pay in order to be able to post things that most readers may find disagreeable. We are not here to please.

As you say, the forum certainly has changed over the years. I wouldn’t say it is any more comfortable a place to be. It is a place that challenges one to think, and inspires one to challenge. You can post your thoughts, whether half-baked or burnt to a frazzle, with some reasonable expectation of living to see another day One advantage/disadvantage of the pandemic is that people are spending still more time browsing, so logically speaking, along with the rest, anything worthwhile is going to reach a larger audience than it would otherwise have done.

Ultimately, growing is not about quantity but about quality. Talking about old men dying, I was head-to-head with one particular five-year-old. I just hope I said the right thing to the right person. Since the messenger can control the message but not the reception by the messagee, the last thing we want is for it to go viral.

7. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

aoibhghaire (21st August 2020), Baby Steps (21st August 2020), Constance (21st August 2020), Franny (22nd August 2020), Harmony (22nd August 2020), Justplain (22nd August 2020), Kryztian (22nd August 2020), Mike (21st August 2020), O Donna (22nd August 2020), onawah (21st August 2020), Sarah Rainsong (22nd August 2020), Satori (22nd August 2020), Tintin (22nd August 2020), Wind (23rd August 2020)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,259 times in 1,414 posts

Hi Plotus, I believe that one of the moderators can tell you how much the forum has grown, though to my understanding, it has thousands of active members.

I think Bill keeps the ball rolling a bit with regular threads on topics of interest. And, of course, the members regularly post threads etc.

Some topics that don't float well here include flat earth stuff, anti-9/11 truther stuff, pro-transhumanism stuff, pro-eugenics stuff, etc.

The topics that are well covered here include UFO topics, spirituality, 9/11 truth, secret space program stuff, untold ancient history coverage, anti-big pharma, anti-gmo, etc.

Hope that gives you an idea of where things are at.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Harmony (22nd August 2020), Tintin (22nd August 2020)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,656 times in 8,694 posts

well......
    as far as numbers go,

Quote Most users ever online was 21,332, 29th January 2014 at 20:54

I dunno, the real spike was back around 2011 (Charles material etc..) and seemed to slowly grow to 2014 since then I'm not so sure about the trend but it clearly hasn't overcome that point as of yet.

As far as postings and content? I'd say no, it's pretty much the same & very human.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Harmony (22nd August 2020), Heartsong (22nd August 2020), Justplain (22nd August 2020), O Donna (22nd August 2020), Tintin (22nd August 2020), Wind (23rd August 2020)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,158 times in 1,663 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    ..... & very human.
    Not going to lie, that last part gave me a chuckle.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Harmony (22nd August 2020), TargeT (22nd August 2020)

14. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    & very human.
    Hey, speak for yourself!

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Frank V (22nd August 2020), Harmony (22nd August 2020), Kryztian (22nd August 2020), TargeT (22nd August 2020), Tintin (22nd August 2020)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,204 times in 4,590 posts

I think it’s important that there many other groups and forums working on their content and people who do their research, all over the globe.

If those did not exist, this forum would be an ark and the civilisation would long lost its last chance

The naivety of being “the only ones” strikes me again and again, no matter what nationality or social group does it concern and no these aren’t easy times for people to re-connect or find our dear ones but the situation hopefully won’t last forever and connecting the world and it’s knowledge is important.

Here the PA forum has grown exponentially in its content and wisdom over the years, if someone asked you to read all its threads and absorb their meaning it could take anyone long time.

Is it possible- in today’s times that some rather talented people waste their times on superfluous watchings over internet and petty word arguments that stir the scene,
    waiting for “their moment” or “revelation” from somewhere ,
    in todays www overwhelmed by the most futuristic news and thousand research papers coming out everyday ,
    I’m not surprised some just slip on the banana peel again and again.

For most overworked, run off their shoes and genuine students and researchers of whatever, those endless doubts and arguments simply can not stand important as we could not live.
    And yes we could just jump on our sword as countless young ones does committing homicide after being bullied on the internet and for absence of any responsible adults.

So by all means forums need to stay humane to all members regardless their identity and there is no reason why they should be run by an AI bot fed the communist manifesto or another Orwellian type of dynasty.

In case of very large forums they fall to danger of turning to “social media” type of venue with unqualified or inhuman input.

🐘
    Last edited by Agape; 22nd August 2020 at 15:30.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (23rd August 2020), onevoice (22nd August 2020), Tintin (22nd August 2020)

18. Link to Post #10
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 124,906 times in 20,684 posts

people practicing real discernment skills are rare ... as it can never be spoon-fed!
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Justplain (23rd August 2020), raregem (22nd August 2020), Tintin (22nd August 2020)

+ Reply to Thread