1. Link to Post #41
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Default Re: Trump Defunding The Woke Cult

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    it behooves us to have at least some grasp of the ideas/tools they are using against common sense in every level of western culture, otherwise we will be quite unprepared when it appears within our personal experience.
    Time will tell of course, but I think ridiculous movements like woke culture have a real tough time gaining traction when it comes to Main Street USA. Not exactly the lure of freedom and excitement, that came with say, "sex drugs and rock n' roll".

2. Link to Post #42
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    it behooves us to have at least some grasp of the ideas/tools they are using against common sense in every level of western culture, otherwise we will be quite unprepared when it appears within our personal experience.
    Time will tell of course, but I think ridiculous movements like woke culture have a real tough time gaining traction when it comes to Main Street USA. Not exactly the lure of freedom and excitement, that came with say, "sex drugs and rock n' roll".

I tend to agree.... Here, in the Deep South. I would likewise suggest that this has been under development within the halls of academia for our entire lives (and under the radar of Main Street USA), and is certainly an integral part of the ideology that underpins the movements we see tearing up major cities across the USA. My feeling is that Woke culture is only getting started, and what we are seeing is just the first few steps as it breaks into mainstream. The movement is entrenched enough at this point that it will take some major pushback from the individual all the way up to the national/political scale and everywhere in between before it may release its grip in the minds it has infected. Another way to put it, it is like the flyer mind on steroids, as this is not one insane though process but a highly organized system of thought that to my view is as inhuman as it is anti-human, and its expression is collective as so many people have been taught this diseased way of thinking.

How many gender/womens/black/lgbt studies degrees do you reckon have been handed out in the USA in the last 20 years? That number will give only a small indication of the real scope of the problem, as the ideology is certainly not limited to those who have earned such degrees.

3. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

if only love, or kindness or even the illusion of love or kindness, or even a faking of it, would come out of this culture, then they may get my ear. or me faking getting my ear

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

atman (15th September 2020), Franny (17th September 2020), PurpleLama (15th September 2020)

5. Link to Post #44
    Language
    French
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,706 times in 211 posts

Just an update on post #38 with the article titled "BREAKING: CDC defies Trump's executive order, moves forward with critical race theory indoctrination".

There appears to have been a backlash and a reversal, after the leak:

CDC Cancels ‘Critical Race Theory’ Program Following Doc Leak

Christopher F. Rufo, who shared details about the leak which brought attention to the now apparently short-lived non-compliance by the CDC, demands that the culpable federal employees face consequences for their attempt to ignore an executive order from the POTUS:

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to atman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th September 2020), Franny (17th September 2020), Jayke (17th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (16th September 2020), PurpleLama (16th September 2020), TargeT (16th September 2020)

7. Link to Post #45
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks

It is not just the CDC, we have it in the Navy, too!

https://www.redstate.com/stu-in-sd/2...w-obvious/amp/

8. Link to Post #46
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks

Here is another perspective on CRT, from Hotep Nation.

https://www.hotepnation.com/critical-race-theory/

9. Link to Post #47
    United States Moderator Chris Gilbert's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,997 times in 595 posts

Not a Trump fan, but this is something I can personally agree with. With the SJWs, as often happens with movements, while there may be some legitimate problems they point to initially, their rhetoric and approach is utterly toxic. I've been unfollowing/deleting friends on social media who've been bit by that particular mind virus. Honestly I think alternative leaning sites like this one are in more danger from the woke brigade than the imperialistic right. It can be easily seen on wikipedia where the woke leaning partner with establishment gatekeepers to steer the narrative.
    Last edited by Chris Gilbert; 17th September 2020 at 15:07.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris Gilbert For This Post:

atman (17th September 2020), Bill Ryan (18th September 2020), Franny (20th September 2020), Gwin Ru (19th September 2020)

11. Link to Post #48
    Language
    French
    Thanks

With a different constitution or within a different political system, Trump might have been able to direct his executive order to not only the federal agencies, but to other institutions as well. Like, for example, the public schools...

To add to Chris' post, above, and to further demonstrate just how poisonous Critical Race Theory can be, take a look (in the attached pictures below) at what can be found in a handout that was issued by the Office of Diversity and Inclusion of a public school, in Springfield, Missouri.

Source: The Gateway Pundit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	oppression-matrix-1536x1152.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	44448   Click image for larger version

Name:	mo-racist-agenda-2-1536x1152.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	240.4 KB
ID:	44449   Click image for larger version

Name:	mo-racist-agenda-1536x1152.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	44450  

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to atman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th September 2020), Chris Gilbert (18th September 2020), Franny (20th September 2020), Gwin Ru (19th September 2020), Jayke (17th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (18th September 2020), Satori (19th September 2020)

13. Link to Post #49
    Language
    French
    Thanks

A must-watch segment from last night's Tucker Carlson Show. (8 min.)

Besides what is described in the tweet below, the segment also addresses:
    • Trump's creation of the "Patriotic Education Commission" to combat the Critical Race Theory indoctrination in schools, which Trump calls "ideological poison".

• The "1619 Project" (created by New York Times magazine writer Nikole Hannah-Jones and now being praised by people such as Kamala Harris, and being pushed by such luminaries as Oprah Winfrey).

• Some specifics of the Critical Race Theory indoctrination that children are being subjected to in schools.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to atman For This Post:

avid (19th September 2020), Bill Ryan (18th September 2020), Ernie Nemeth (18th September 2020), Gwin Ru (19th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (18th September 2020), PurpleLama (19th September 2020), Satori (19th September 2020)

15. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,531 times in 32,788 posts

This may belong here. I started by dipping into the start of this 75 minute interview (with Casey Petersen from Sandia Labs, who fought a one-man campaign which succeeded in getting Critical Race Theory removed from the attempted indoctrination of nuclear weapons engineers) — and ended up cheering him on to the very end.

I wish there'd have been more still. But there is more on his YouTube channel.

He's a smart and committed man, and we need more like him in large organizations to push back against whatever the heck this destructive agenda is — that puts judging employees by race and gender, an implicitly racist and sexist ideology in itself, ahead of ability, talent, productivity, innovative ideas, and success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npzt-Tx66j8
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 19th September 2020 at 18:46.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (19th September 2020), atman (19th September 2020), Franny (20th September 2020), Gwin Ru (19th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (19th September 2020), Satori (19th September 2020), Yoda (22nd September 2020)

17. Link to Post #51
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,061 times in 2,419 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    This may belong here. I started by dipping into the start of this 75 minute interview (with Casey Petersen from Sandia Labs, who fought a one-man campaign which succeeded in getting Critical Race Theory removed from the attempted indoctrination of nuclear weapons engineers) — and ended up cheering him on to the very end.

I wish there'd have been more still. But there is more on his YouTube channel.

He's a smart and committed man, and we need more like him in large organizations to push back against whatever the heck this destructive agenda is — that puts judging employees by race and gender, an implicitly racist and sexist ideology in itself, ahead of ability, talent, productivity, innovative ideas, and success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npzt-Tx66j8
    I’m 46 minutes into this video. It is outstanding. But, I had to stop to say something. At the point I stopped there was further discussion about Casey Peterson’s encounters with HR at Sandia Nat’l Labs.

Human Resources, formerly the Personnel Dept. (before they began telling everyone we are not people, but rather expendable resources), is a serious problem that has developed in the past several decades. During that time, HR students, employees and departments have been heavily indoctrinated with all manner of nonsense, wrapped up in phycological and social babble.

On a personal note, to illustrate the point, about a year ago we hired a new HR person (a younger lady) at law firm where I have worked for nearly 18 years. (I’ve been a lawyer 40 years and counting.) Since then things have gone to Draconian hell.

About three weeks ago at a video meeting the firm had, the topic turned to cv19 and I spoke up. I merely suggested people investigate the topic for themselves. I also questioned the efficacy of masks; which HR told us we must wear if we come into the office. (Among other things, we are required to email the HR lady telling her when we intend to come in, take our temper when we come in, and then email her our temperature. If we have any symptoms or if in her judgment our temper is too high we must leave the office and see a doctor. I will not follow these protocols.)

Our spineless CEO, a lawyer at least 20 years my junior in terms of not only legal experience, but world experience (who I mentored and whose ass I saved on many occasions) told me that if I did not stop talking I should resign right now. I was clearly a threat to the official narrative. I have not resigned, and won’t, and they dare not push the issue with me.

HR people, as well as far too many others, professional, blue collar etc..., never (rarely) stop to think for themselves and research anything. Rather, they swallow the mainstream narrative lock, stock and barrel and then conclude they know all there is to know, not just about the specific topic, but everything else to boot.

Buckminster Fuller, in his seminal book, Critical Path, and elsewhere, warned us of the dangers of specialization and eschewing general knowledge. Specialization creates a hive mind and shunts thought and creativity.

I am convinced that the more so-called formal education a person receives the less a person really knows. It takes several decades to shake off the indoctrination and start critically thinking again for one’s self—if that happens at all.
    Last edited by Satori; 19th September 2020 at 21:57.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

atman (19th September 2020), Bill Ryan (19th September 2020), ClearWater (20th September 2020), Gwin Ru (19th September 2020), Peace in Oz (2nd October 2020), PurpleLama (19th September 2020)

19. Link to Post #52
    Language
    French
    Thanks

Could Trump defund the Woke Cult in Canada too... pretty please?

Just kidding, of course, but I am including this here because I believe that it is relevant to the discussion — in the grand scheme of things — and because it demonstrates that ideological viruses... do tend to ignore borders!

Trudeau’s race-based entrepreneurship funding is the definition of systemic racism
    by Spencer Fernando, Winnipeg, MB - September 10, 2020

This is the literal definition of systemic racism, as Trudeau is using government power to create a race-based program designed to benefit one race of people while leaving others out

The great civil rights leaders of history have consistently focused on bringing people together, rather than tearing people apart. Their core message has been that people must be judged as individuals, rather than by their race.

After all, people can control what kind of person they are, they can control their actions, they can choose to develop their work ethic, their character, and their reputation.

By contrast, people can’t chose what race they are.

For a long time, much of the world (particularly Western nations), have been steadily making progress towards reducing racism and treating people as individuals.

Our legal system is clear on forbidding racism. Everything that civil rights groups fought for has been now put into law. There are government programs and legal mechanisms that can be used to intervene when racism is found.

Step by step, we have succeeded in removing race as the key factor in how people treat each other.

But now, that progress is being put at risk.

Instead of moving towards a more "colour-blind" society, we are seeing the rise of race-obsessed far-left radicals, pushing things like ‘critical race theory.’

They are fighting against the very idea of individual rights, against the idea of a "colour-blind" society.

They are–ironically–often most similar to the virulent racists of the past, who saw everything through the lens of race, feel different racial groups can’t get along, and reject the idea of individual worth.

For a time, those radical ideas were contained at university campuses, and the broader society continued to reduce the influence of racial judgements in our day to day lives.

But, like an infection, it has spread.

Now, our elites and their useful idiots are obsessed with race like never before. They bring it up constantly. All progress is rejected. Our history is under attack. The Western world (rather than accurately being described as the most open and tolerant civilization in history), is recast as nothing but violence and oppression.

This sick thinking now afflicts the addled minds of our top "leaders," including the Trudeau Liberals.

(More here)

The spread of this ideological virus has been going on for quite a while already. Case in point, the following book was published almost 21 years ago!

Canadian Critical Race Theory
    Racism and the Law

By Carol A. Aylward

The growth of the Critical Race Theory genre began in Canada when scholars of colour in Canada began to articulate a dissatisfaction with the existing Canadian legal discourse which failed to include an analysis of the role that “race” and racism has played in the political and legal structures of Canadian society.

This book is about the role that race and racism play in the theory and practice of law. It shows how Canadian Black lawyers and others are beginning to seriously consider the role of race in litigation and to develop critical race litigation strategies to address the issue. The author documents how a growing body of work designed to move us beyond theory to practical application, is being developed to help recognize the complex relationships among race, racism and the law.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2020), ClearWater (20th September 2020), Gwin Ru (19th September 2020), PurpleLama (19th September 2020)

21. Link to Post #53
    Language
    French
    Thanks

The Woke Cult does not give up easily...

But neither does Trump.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd October 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd October 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3