+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Legend of the Merfolk

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Lightbulb The Legend of the Merfolk

I found a rather interesting article from a Falun Dafa practitioner where he talks about mermaids/mermen or what are commonly known as the merfolk:

Preface: As the Fa rectification progresses, so do I continuously upgrade my xinxing in Dafa cultivation, assimilating myself to the universe's principles of Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance, and as such, my wisdom deepens and my capabilities strengthen. Dafa has revealed to me, at my realm of cultivation, the truths of different levels, including Earth's history and mysteries. I have written these down to share with fellow practitioners.

The Legend of the Merfolk

In the Western world, there have always been legends passed down about mermaids and mermen, collectively known as merfolk or merpeople. However, there are differing opinions as to whether merfolk really exist, as it has not been confirmed. In recent years, with the advancement of film technology, some people have inadvertently filmed merfolk, even though it is difficult to distinguish authentic from fake. So, do merfolk really exist? The answer is a definite yes. What has been revealed to me at my realm of cultivation is the following: 23,000 years ago, in the Atlantic Ocean, there existed a special kind of species who were rulers of the ocean—the merfolk race.

At that time, civilizations on Earth flourished. Giants, medium-sized people, and dwarfs coexisted. On the main continent lived the medium-sized people, who governed the whole world. The arrangements of the continents were not much different from those of today. The countries in Europe had an advanced grasp of science and technology. Concurrently, the Mayan civilization in North America was at its peak. In the oceans surrounding countries inhabited by people of the white races dwelt various races of merfolk and their respective tribes.

Merfolk were a special kind of species. Their upper body was that of a human, while their lower body was that of a fish. The other type had an upper half that was fish and a pair of human legs for their lower half. Merfolk grew to around 2.5 meters (approx. 8 feet) in height. They had light-brown hair. Their skin color was a kind of ash gray, like that of moonlight. Their eyes were a deep-blue color. Their ears were stuck to their heads and had very small holes with waterproof membranes inside.

Their bodies were covered in fish scales, with fine scales covering their faces and cheeks. Because merfolk had cheeks and lungs, they could survive on land for two to three hours. There was another species of merfolk that only had cheeks and therefore could not go on land. A mermaid could give birth only once in her lifetime. Mermen had incredible strength and could lift up to 1,000 pounds. Mermaids stressed the development of supernormal Fa powers and had incredible supernatural abilities. Merfolk had a long lifespan, generally around 200 years. Merfolk cultivators could live longer than 300 years.

Merfolk tribes harvested seaweed, kelp, and other ocean vegetation for sustenance. Sometimes they caught fish with nets and hunted small whales and sharks. The merfolk's king regularly called together all the mermaids for a conference held on specific dates according to changes in the tide. They discussed the situation of the ocean, safeguarding the balance of the ocean's ecological system, and the future development of the merfolk race.

The merfolk race worshipped the ocean god. They used a sunken palace of a previous civilization to worship the ocean god. In this shrine, there were numerous hieroglyphs about incantations and secret ways of cultivation practice carved into stone tablets left behind by numerous generations of merfolk cultivators. This was the forbidden area of the merfolk. Only the merfolk king, queen, and high-level merfolk cultivators were permitted to enter. Only during the annual large-scale religious activity when the merfolk made offerings to gods was this forbidden area open to the merfolk public.

The shrine was lit by a very special light source that contained raw magnesium ore and could only be lit by Fa power. The ore produced an eternal blue-white flame that could burn underwater, and it brightly illuminated the palace interior. In all those years, these flames never stopped burning. Every day, the merfolk cultivated by saying their prayers to the ocean god. They paid particular attention to the harmony between the heavens, oceans, and humans. As their xinxing rose, so did their realm of cultivation.

But because of the special structure of the merfolk body, their dantian functioned differently than that of humans. So, it took a merperson cultivator several reincarnations, generally seven lifetimes, to finally obtain righteous fruition. Many merfolk cultivated beyond the Three Realms and obtained righteous fruition. The merfolk king cultivated a fruition status beyond the Bodhisattva realm. The merfolk queen's divine powers far exceeded one’s imagination. She could even summon the spirits of deceased ocean animals to aid them in combat. She could use her supernatural abilities to cause a tremendous tsunami.

In that period during the rule of the merfolk king, there were seldom any wars in the ocean. The various tribes that had jurisdiction over different areas of the ocean governed their areas properly. Their mode of governing was approved by gods. During the merfolk king's 180th year of rule, he received a message from one of the tribes. At the time, many creatures in the ocean world were being gobbled up by an unknown ocean monster. Many of them included merfolk who could not escape. This pressing issue caused great shock across many merfolk tribes. The merfolk king was aware of the graveness of the predicament, and in a state of ding, he surveyed the situation.

He saw the true identity of this unknown monster—the spirit of a sea snake that wreaked havoc after entrenching itself at the seabed of the Arctic Ocean. This sea snake spirit had cultivated for 788 years. Its body had a length of 18 meters (59 feet) and a diameter of 2 meters (approx. 7 feet). Its entire body was black. It had red eyes and gold pupils that emitted two sinister beams of fierce light. The sea snake's body emitted a highly toxic substance that rendered several kilometers of sea around it uninhabitable by any living creatures. Both the merfolk king and queen formulated a plan to eliminate this demon.

The merfolk queen held a small silver-white crystal Fa staff and led 180 merfolk soldiers who each wielded multiple toxic spears. They surrounded the sea snake spirit's cave located at the ocean floor. Then they placed on the ground some food mixed with an extremely poisonous substance that the merfolk queen had personally refined. A little mermaid was also sent to lure out the sea snake spirit. Sure enough, the sea snake spirit fell into the trap. Once it ate the poisonous food, it became mentally paralyzed. (The little mermaid was unharmed.)

Troops surrounded it. At this point, the merfolk king, clasping his sapphire-embedded Fa staff, shot forth a ray of energy that enveloped the sea snake spirit's head. The sea snake spirit was unable to use its own powers and struggled desperately. Then, all 180 merfolk soldiers threw their highly toxic bone spears. Several hundred bone spears were thrown at the sea snake spirit, and it died a violent death. Finally, the merfolk king cast a spell, sealing the sea snake spirit’s soul inside its own skeleton. Its skeleton was then submerged deep in the marine trench under the Arctic Ocean, where it remains to this day.

The merfolk king cultivated for close to 7,000 years before he was summoned by the gods and became enlightened. Before departing, he informed everyone that there would be a significant historical mission to be accomplished in the future, and thus he reincarnated in the human world and began a new life on land as a human...

Today, there are more than 8,000 merfolk living in the oceans of this world. They are mainly located at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean and the waters around Australia. Merfolk are a special ethnic group and have existed for billions of years. In the future world, mermaids will continue to exist for many generations to come!

---

Original article: http://www.pureinsight.org/node/7534

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EnergyGem For This Post:

Icare (12th September 2020), Jackson (23rd September 2020), Johnnycomelately (3rd September 2023), Violet3 (3rd September 2023)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,014 times in 784 posts

Default Re: The Legend of the Merfolk

some Sumerian artefacts depict fish headed people...as does most European and seafarer folklore. Japan also has tales of water people... there may be something to this as the contrary evolutionary theory of the "water ape" suggests we evolved most of our traits such as being mostly hairless, walking upright, the ability to hold our breath underwater, and the occasional throwback of webbed hands and feet.

I find it interesting, and if what is purportedly "Alien genetic manipulation" one would think they'd adapt their workers to 80% of the planet being water....the resources there would need a special type of physiology to function well.

Water Ape Hypothosis is not popular with anthropologists and evolutionary scientists.

Robert Sepher does a decent breakdown. Fun to watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7sykmrNCMs

I have always wanted to be able to breath underwater, see in the dark....and fly!

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

EnergyGem (11th September 2020), Harmony (2nd September 2023), Icare (12th September 2020), Jackson (23rd September 2020), Jambo (2nd September 2023), Johnnycomelately (3rd September 2023), kfm27917 (2nd September 2023)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 times in 830 posts

This may be a hoax but I find it intriguing:

Source: https://www.rumble.com/video/v1638k7

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Icare For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd September 2023), Harmony (2nd September 2023), Johnnycomelately (3rd September 2023)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,520 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Icare (here)
    This may be a hoax but I find it intriguing:

Source: https://www.rumble.com/video/v1638k7
    See this post on a different thread

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by seehas (here)

thats the best video ive seen so far, you are even able to make out pretty good details of the entity.
    Albert Bendix's IMDB profile: https://imdb.com/name/nm0070570
    James Cotter's IMDB profile: https://imdb.com/name/nm4669949

They're both actors, not scientists.

Albert Bendix makes LGBTQ+ films (Bendix Productions), so that might be one reason he was happy to participate in a spoof about Mermaids.(!)

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

EnergyGem (6th September 2023), Harmony (2nd September 2023), Icare (3rd September 2023), Jambo (2nd September 2023), Johnnycomelately (3rd September 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd September 2023), Yoda (2nd September 2023)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 times in 830 posts

, okay, what about this one?

Source: https://www.rumble.com/video/v374tpl

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Icare For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (3rd September 2023)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,577 times in 981 posts

The idea of Merfolk is not one I take seriously, but the mythlore is interesting. EnergyGem’s introductory post contains a detail which, amazingly coincidentally, I found a reference to just days ago:

Quote Posted by EnergyGem (here)
    Merfolk were a special kind of species. Their upper body was that of a human, while their lower body was that of a fish. The other type had an upper half that was fish and a pair of human legs for their lower half. ...
    Here’s what I found, a song repurposed for climate change ‘denial’. L=2:44, key detail about fish head and humanish (scales?) lower body is toward the end.

Last edited by Johnnycomelately; 3rd September 2023 at 03:33.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

EnergyGem (6th September 2023)

+ Reply to Thread