+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Growing Scientific Evidence That The Soul Continues After Death (NDE)

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

Default Growing Scientific Evidence That The Soul Continues After Death (NDE)

The Science, NDE Fact Sheet, 5 Near Death Stories

When it comes to near death experience stories, there are many unscientific writings based on the writers’ own agendas rather than actual evidence. However, there is also a growing body of legitimate research around near death experience (NDE) reports, and peer-reviewed scientific journals have published a number of medical studies on the subject.

This article explores common elements of near death experience stories, what it means when a near death experience can be verified, and five credible near death experience short stories. Plus, download a free NDE Cheat Sheet that outlines the top 5 things to remember about near death experiences.

Common elements of near death experience stories
    For a near death experience to occur, one must have limited brain function, yet still have a sensory experience—without full use of their physical senses. In the United States alone, about 9 million people have reported experiencing a NDE.

The patients’ reports reveal a pattern of several recurring elements. These elements include:
    • out of body experience
    • accurate visual perception (while out of body)
    • accurate auditory perception (while out of body)
    • feelings of peace and painlessness
    • light phenomena (encounter with loving white light)
    • life review
    • being in another world
    • encountering other beings
    • tunnel experience
    • precognition
    For a quick and sharable overview on near death experiences, download a free Top 5 Things to Remember about NDEs fact sheet.

Three ways to verify a near death experience report
    In some cases, where patients undergo clinical death and then return to physical life, the patient reports that they maintained consciousness during the clinical death (despite the absence of brain function). Since this clinical death often happens in a hospital setting with professional medical oversight, thousands of these near death experiences have been sufficiently well-documented for scientific study.

There are three ways to verify the transphysical nature of a near death experience:
    • Veridical reported data (veridical = coinciding with reality, truthful)
    • Visual perception of blind
    • Personal information about deceased individuals
    Each of these kinds of evidence are verifiable by independent researchers after the fact, and all of them are exceedingly difficult (if not impossible) to explain by merely physical or physiological theories (such as hallucinations, anoxia, narcotics, etc.).

Veridical reported data and visual perception of blind
    Frequently during near death experiences, some transphysical component leaves the body, but does not go immediately to an other-worldly domain. Instead, it remains in the resuscitation room or somewhat near the body.

Some of these reports have highly unusual or unique characteristics which are not part of ordinary resuscitation or hospital procedures. Additionally, some patients blind from birth report visual data accurately about their experiences during clinical death.

As such, the details of these near death experience stories can be verified by hospital staff and others who were present at the time. When the claims of an NDE have been verified, the account is deemed “veridical.” Virtually every peer-reviewed study reports multiple instances of such veridical data.

Personal information about deceased individuals
    Similarly, many NDEers meet deceased relatives who they had never met in their own lifetime. They are only able to identify the relative later in a photo or by describing them to a living relative who knew the deceased.

Five near death experience stories
    NDE story 1: finding dentures
    In a 2001 study by renowned cardiologist Pim van Lommel, a man who had been in a deep coma later told a nurse that he recognized her. He told her that he saw where she had placed his dentures during resuscitation efforts, and then described the cart where she placed them. They were there, precisely as he described it.

NDE story 2: a child meets relatives
    One man who had an NDE as a child recalled the experience of meeting dead relatives:

“There were some presences there. There were some ladies… I didn’t know them at the time… They were so loving and so wonderful, and I just didn’t want to come back… I didn’t see any pictures of them until I was an adult, but then I said, ‘Oh, yeah.’… They were my great-grandmothers who had died years before I was born.”

NDE story 3: life-review
    Oftentimes, people relay their near-death experiences as a review of their life. Though life review experiences cannot be deemed scientifically veridical, they are worth noting. They can have a profound effect on the NDEer and sometimes cause them to re-examine their life and morals. Below is a doctor’s description of the life-review of an NDE patient:

When he realized that collision was imminent, the patient said that time seemed to slow down as he hit his brakes and went into an un- controlled slide. Then he seemed to pop out of his body. While in this state, he had a life review which consisted of brief pictures—flashes— of his life. . . His car struck the truck and the truck bed crashed through the window, causing multiple injuries to his head and chest. Medical reports show that he was in a coma and nearly died. Yet he had a vivid sensation of leaving his physical body and entering into darkness. . . He had the feeling of moving up through a dark tunnel toward a point of light. Suddenly a being “filled with love and light” appeared to him. Now he had a second life review [or life review proper], one guided by the being of light. He felt bathed in love and compassion as he reviewed the moral choices he had made in his lifetime. He suddenly understood that he was an important part of the universe and that his life had a purpose. (Bracketed material added) [MOU13]

NDE story 4: traveling through walls
    Some NDEers report stories of veridical out-of-body experiences, including traveling through walls to the waiting room where they see their relatives and friends. One patient reported traveling through a wall and seeing her young daughter wearing mismatched plaids, which was highly unusual. Another woman travelled through a wall and overheard her brother-in-law in the hospital waiting room talking to a business associate in a very derogatory manner; she was able to report this back to him later.

NDE story 5: blind woman has sight restored
    As mentioned above, some blind people report being able to see during their NDE. Psychiatrist Brian Weiss tells the story of a blind, elderly woman:

“[She] suffered a cardiac arrest during her stay in the hospital where I [Weiss] was the chairman of the psychiatry department. She was unconscious as the resuscitation team tried to revive her. According to her later report, she floated out of her body and stood near the window, watching [the resuscitation]. She observed, without any pain whatsoever, as they thumped on her chest and pumped air into her lungs. During the resuscitation, a pen fell out of her doctor’s pocket and rolled near the same window where her out-of-body spirit was standing and watching. The doctor eventually walked over, picked up the pen, and put it back in his pocket. He then rejoined the frantic effort to save her. They succeeded.

“A few days later, she told her doctor that she had observed the resuscitation team at work during her cardiac arrest. ‘No,’ he soothingly reassured her. ‘You were probably hallucinating because of the anoxia [lack of oxygen to the brain]. This can happen when the heart stops beating.’

“’But I saw your pen roll over to the window,’ she replied. Then she described the pen and other details of the resuscitation. The doctor was shocked. His patient had not only been comatose during the resuscitation, but she had also been blind for many years.”

What can these near death experience stories tell us about consciousness, the afterlife, and God?
    The above studies of near death experiences give considerable probative evidence of transphysical consciousness after bodily death, which is not explained by current physicalist explanations and unlikely to be explained by future ones.

For the medical world, this challenges certain ideas of consciousness. Or, as Dr. Bruce Greyson of the University of Virginia School of Medicine says,

“These features and the occurrence of heightened mental functioning when the brain is severely impaired, such as under general anesthesia and in cardiac arrest, challenge the common assumption in neuroscience that consciousness is solely the product of brain processes, or that mind is merely the subjective concomitant of neurological events.”

For the Catholic, the preponderance of evidence for a positive, loving experience after bodily death, gives us an ultimate context in which to interpret happiness and suffering. We no longer need to limit happiness to our physical existence and our bodily lifespan, but can explore transcendent and eternal happiness both now and in our eternal future.

Conclusion
    There is a growing body of legitimate research around near death experience reports, and peer-reviewed scientific journals have published a number of actual medical studies on the subject. Verified NDE stories provide evidence that the soul does indeed continue beyond death.

To learn more about what near death experience stories can teach us about God and heaven (and hell, too) see our post, “NDE: The Definitive Guide to Near Death Experiences.” For a quick and sharable overview on near death experiences, download our cheat sheet, Top 5 Things to Remember about NDEs.

Source:https://magiscenter.com/credible-nea...ience-stories/
    Last edited by rgray222; 12th September 2020 at 16:11. Reason: Fix Link

2. The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

7alon (18th September 2020), Antagenet (14th October 2020), aoibhghaire (12th September 2020), Ben (14th October 2020), Bill Ryan (12th September 2020), Bluegreen (13th October 2020), Constance (13th October 2020), East Sun (7th September 2021), ExomatrixTV (12th September 2020), Forest Denizen (12th September 2020), Franny (12th September 2020), GMB1961 (12th September 2020), Harmony (12th September 2020), Iancorgi (12th September 2020), Ioneo (13th September 2020), Jake (12th September 2020), Johan (Keyholder) (15th September 2020), justntime2learn (12th September 2020), Kalamos (12th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (12th September 2020), OopsWrongPlanet? (13th September 2020), palehorse (13th September 2020), Patient (12th September 2020), Rawhide68 (15th September 2020), Richard S. (13th September 2020), Sadieblue (12th September 2020), samildamach (12th September 2020), Samson (14th October 2020), scotslad (12th September 2020), Siphonemis (13th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (13th October 2020), Sunny-side-up (14th September 2020), toppy (12th September 2020), Tyy1907 (12th September 2020), Violet3 (14th September 2020), Wind (12th September 2020), wondering (13th October 2020), XelNaga (15th September 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,713 times in 20,824 posts

Lightbulb Re: Growing Scientific Evidence That The Soul Continues After Death (NDE)

See also:
    ¤=[Post Update]=¤

Is "Soul Intelligence/Awareness" beyond heavy conditioned "Brain Intelligence"?
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 12th September 2020 at 18:01.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

aoibhghaire (12th September 2020), Bill Ryan (12th September 2020), Constance (13th October 2020), East Sun (7th September 2021), Ioneo (13th September 2020), palehorse (13th September 2020), rgray222 (12th September 2020), scotslad (12th September 2020), toppy (12th September 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member Richard S.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 times in 309 posts

Default Re: Growing Scientific Evidence That The Soul Continues After Death (NDE)

Thank you, excellent post.

I think this may be my favorite subject as it tends to provide evidence beyond denial that their is something unbeknownst to us...

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Richard S. For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th October 2020), Constance (13th October 2020), ExomatrixTV (14th September 2020), palehorse (13th September 2020), Patient (7th September 2021), rgray222 (13th September 2020), Sadieblue (13th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (13th October 2020), Tyy1907 (13th September 2020), wondering (13th October 2020), XelNaga (15th September 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

Default Re: Growing Scientific Evidence That The Soul Continues After Death (NDE)

Some scientists says we use just a very small percentage of our brain. All these experiences could perfectly translate in access to parts of our brain that we normally do not use, who really knows?

The brain is a powerful thing, if one allows it can project to places that one never imagined to exist and the experience can be very real. I knew someone years ago, and he described 2 experience to me, both were the same and he meant the same in color, sound, shape and form.
    First experience was when he was dreaming and the other was when he was in a comma after a cardiac arrest, he saw what we call spirit leaving the body (he saw himself leaving the shell), he went to places and talk to other people and it was all very real just like the dreaming experience.. in his first experience he believe it was a projection of his mind, in the second experience he said it was what death looks like (but both experience were equal, then how could that be?), physical death (docs confirmed he was dead for 1 or 2 minutes - heart stopped), his conclusion was it "could" be a projection, his consciousness projecting itself, expanding, allocating memories never seen before, having access to part of the array that he never had before and so forth and so on.. the question is: what triggered that experience to happen? just a dream, a heart failure, what else?

This is my opinion:
    I do not think science will ever explain it to us, scientific method is not supposed to explain anything beyond the rational mind, see the struggles with quantum physics, there is something else beyond crazy formulas, equations and calculations. As far as I know, nobody ever return from their tombs to tell the story, but there is lot of stories about it, but no proof at all.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

aoibhghaire (13th September 2020), Bill Ryan (13th October 2020), ExomatrixTV (14th September 2020), Patient (7th September 2021), rgray222 (13th September 2020), Sadieblue (15th September 2020), Siphonemis (14th September 2020), XelNaga (15th September 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 times in 1,435 posts

Quote Posted by Richard S. (here)
    Thank you, excellent post.

I think this may be my favorite subject as it tends to provide evidence beyond denial that their is something unbeknownst to us...
    And that we're a part of something so special and grand. That we return to the fold from where we came.

That being said we can get caught in the lower astral realm if we have an untimely demise or caught in a state of sadness/low vibration upon death. That's another can of worms.
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th October 2020), Patient (7th September 2021), rgray222 (14th September 2020), Sadieblue (14th October 2020), wondering (13th October 2020), XelNaga (15th September 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    UK Avalon Member sleepydumpling's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I have thought and believe the reason why we still feel we are 18 ( 18 is just an example.) no matter how old we get
    is because that is the real you, its a very deep feeling i have had for years.
    most will know and have heard all this before
    The body ages like any vehicle but you do not and that's why we feel young inside
    The real you is trying to remind you to stop being so worried as you don't die, only the vehicle dies.
    so i find it hilarious when you hear scientists and billionares trying to find a way to live forever
    We already do

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sleepydumpling For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th October 2020), Constance (13th October 2020), palehorse (17th September 2020), Patient (7th September 2021), Phoenix1304 (14th September 2020), rgray222 (14th October 2020), Sadieblue (15th September 2020), Satori (15th September 2020), Siphonemis (14th September 2020), Wind (14th September 2020), wondering (13th October 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 times in 243 posts

Quote Posted by sleepydumpling (here)
    I have thought and believe the reason why we still feel we are 18 ( 18 is just an example.) no matter how old we get
    is because that is the real you, its a very deep feeling i have had for years.
    most will know and have heard all this before
    The body ages like any vehicle but you do not and that's why we feel young inside
    The real you is trying to remind you to stop being so worried as you don't die, only the vehicle dies.
    so i find it hilarious when you hear scientists and billionares trying to find a way to live forever
    We already do
    A bit unrelated, but you reminded me of a quote I really like: "people do not stop playing because they get old; they are getting older because they stopped playing".

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th October 2020), Constance (13th October 2020), Michi (15th September 2020), palehorse (17th September 2020), Patient (7th September 2021), rgray222 (14th October 2020), Sadieblue (14th October 2020), Wind (15th September 2020), wondering (13th October 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

This seems to fit here?

Quote Accidental Discovery of New Spirit Communication Method

A doctor at the Department of Veterans Affairs in Chicago accidentally discovers a new method of communicating with spirits while experimenting with a trauma treatment known as EMDR. His story is fascinating and has resulted in a proven treatment for treating deep grief related to traumatic death, in his case that of soldiers who were often healed in a single treatment.

DR. ALLAN BOTKIN’S BOOK – Induced After Death Communication TO PURCHASE PAPERBACK: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1571747125/?...

DR. ALLAN BOTKIN’S WEBSITE: http://www.induced-adc.com

Last edited by Delight; 13th October 2020 at 03:10.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th October 2020), Bluegreen (13th October 2020), Constance (13th October 2020), Harmony (13th October 2020), meeradas (27th January 2021), OopsWrongPlanet? (13th October 2020), rgray222 (14th October 2020), Richard S. (14th October 2020), Sadieblue (14th October 2020), Tyy1907 (13th October 2020), wondering (13th October 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 20:39.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th October 2020), Bluegreen (13th October 2020), Harmony (14th October 2020), Le Chat (14th October 2020), meeradas (27th January 2021), rgray222 (14th October 2020), Richard S. (14th October 2020), Sadieblue (14th October 2020), Tyy1907 (14th October 2020), wondering (13th October 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Howard Storm has been one of the few people who describes going to hell in an NDE. I wonder lately if this is hell.

Last edited by Delight; 27th August 2021 at 03:30.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Harmony (7th September 2021)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

There is a channel I recently found that has very interesting reports of NDEs. He has some really far out reports. FYI

JeffMara Podcast

Here is the latest

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Harmony (7th September 2021), Patient (7th September 2021)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

This one is fascinating as he recalls prebirth and birth.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Harmony (7th September 2021)

+ Reply to Thread