+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NOT A DRILL, Youtube May Be Shutting Down My Channels With New Restrictions!

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,656 times in 20,817 posts

Exclamation NOT A DRILL, Youtube May Be Shutting Down My Channels With New Restrictions!

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 23rd September 2020 at 20:14.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Agape (24th September 2020), Alecs (26th September 2020), Dreamer148 (25th September 2020), fifi (24th September 2020), gini (26th September 2020), Harmony (25th September 2020), Hym (24th September 2020), Icare (24th September 2020), Jayke (23rd September 2020), jjjones (24th September 2020), Kryztian (24th September 2020), Maknocktomb (23rd September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (24th September 2020), O Donna (24th September 2020), palehorse (25th September 2020), Peace in Oz (23rd September 2020), Sadieblue (24th September 2020), scotslad (23rd September 2020), selinam (24th September 2020), thepainterdoug (25th September 2020), TomKat (23rd September 2020), toppy (24th September 2020), Valerie Villars (26th September 2020), Vangelo (23rd September 2020), Zanshin (25th September 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,021 times in 8,167 posts

Default Re: NOT A DRILL, Youtube May Be Shutting Down My Channels With New Restrictions!

I see Hillary Clinton is launching her own PODCAST on the 29th September. It's in colab' with iHeart Media ( a podcast platform ) but the podcast will be streamable on other podcast hubs too.

What I find interesting is that those high level 'left' people are NOT going on youtube. There's a media company set up by Obama and DNC top people called Crooked Media that has 19 different podcasts running, all pushing the left and the Dems. It's simple audio podcasting with no attempt at being made for youtube. They really are ignoring Youtube everywhere I look, in the field of left talk.

My guess is that they want the freedom to say and do things that would break the current and coming youtube rules for the rest who are still slumbering around in the losing battle with youtube censorship.

Everyone who is anyone should get the hell away from youtube and go podcasting instead. Youtube is so set to collapse as a free media platform that the left already know to bypass it. The left are well ahead of the right in the that way, probably because they were told what was coming sooner.

FORGET YOUTUBE - MOVE ON

It's a retarded platform anyway. It's search function is useless. If I search a person's name on podbay (https://podbay.fm/), I get lots of results from lots of different podcasts. The search goes through the 'show-notes' as well as the titles and finds people in the most obscure unheard of podcasts sometimes. That has an extra benefit because it introduces me to podcasters I've never heard of before. I'm really enjoying exploring podbay right now. I've only been checking it out for less than a week so far and it's like a breath of fresh air after the slow drip drip decline of youtube. Boiling the Frogs comes to mind, with the situation at youtube. It never did make Google money, it was always a loss leader to kettle us all into a place they could control. That game is reaching it's last stage and the smart people are getting out of there or more importantly, as seen with the lefties, not even getting in there in the first place.

The type of people who earn a living from being a youtuber, or once did, are generally the type of people who are not left supporters. The left have had this thing gamed out for ages. The income dependent youtubers are in a tight spot while the rest of the world sails straight past them on other platforms.
    Last edited by norman; 24th September 2020 at 16:24.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Alecs (26th September 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (24th September 2020), ExomatrixTV (24th September 2020), fifi (26th September 2020), gini (25th September 2020), Harmony (25th September 2020), jjjones (24th September 2020), onawah (24th September 2020), palehorse (25th September 2020), Sunny (26th September 2020), Tintin (25th September 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (26th September 2020), Valerie Villars (26th September 2020), Zanshin (25th September 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,847 times in 1,072 posts

Default Re: NOT A DRILL, Youtube May Be Shutting Down My Channels With New Restrictions!

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    FORGET YOUTUBE - MOVE ON
    Perfect.

Have done. Their scumbagness far outweighs their usefulness.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hermoor For This Post:

Harmony (25th September 2020), palehorse (25th September 2020), Tintin (25th September 2020), Valerie Villars (26th September 2020), Zanshin (26th September 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Fairfield Glade, Tennessee in the Catoosa Mts
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,025 times in 571 posts

Censorship is appalling. It is everywhere. People who have really nothing to say have their twitter followings wiped out. Suspension is fair game on FB, Instagram. I have found some credible, comfortable engagement with Patreon.com that is supposedly uncensored. In fact one 'negative mole' was booted out by the comment group and then the Creator of the site blocked that person. So there is some kind of inside policing. Some have said Parler also, but I have not looked into that.
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bettye198 For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (25th September 2020), Harmony (25th September 2020), thepainterdoug (25th September 2020), Tintin (25th September 2020), Valerie Villars (26th September 2020), Zanshin (25th September 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: NOT A DRILL, Youtube May Be Shutting Down My Channels With New Restrictions!

Youtube to Massively Censor Most Relevant Content Creators:
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

gini (25th September 2020), Valerie Villars (26th September 2020), Zanshin (25th September 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    Thanks

Who had similar issues on Facebook lately?

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Harmony (26th September 2020), Hym (25th September 2020), thepainterdoug (25th September 2020), Valerie Villars (26th September 2020), Zanshin (25th September 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,847 times in 1,072 posts

I hate farcebook. I use it very sparingly when it suits me and would rather not use it at all.

Good luck in dealing with these muppets on terms best for yourself John.

The line has been crossed for me and I now vote with my feet.

At work I used to listen to the radio. I turned the ****ty thing off months ago. The propaganda was rampant on all channels and I voted with my feet.

YT has been my source of work music since then. Except YT are now making even their listening experience insufferable, so they can get raffled too. No more YT music in my workplace all day because I voted with my feet.

And Google too. The shower of dirtbags. Kept interrupting my browsing experience with messages about its new terms, conditions and settings, etc. I voted with my feet and now use Yandex for the time being.

The solution is not more internet. The internet, above moderate doses, is the problem. The solution for me is more people doing more things together again in their communities, boosting those trusty old low tech networks and skills back to rosier health.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hermoor For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (26th September 2020), Harmony (26th September 2020), Hym (25th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th September 2020), Valerie Villars (26th September 2020), Zanshin (26th September 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

I don't understand why there isn't a decent YT alternative? I would think that it's not overly hard to find sponsors to put up the money in return for ads. It would be nice to have old YT back. Still no adult content but also no threat of having a channel taken down due to spineless executives. Surely I'm not seeing the whole picture, regardless it's somewhat a shame. I used to fall asleep to YT videos but now I can't since the vast majority of them interrupt with ads. This wouldn't be a deal breaker if the ads weren't 1 very loud and 2 requiring me to press a skip button or be subject to an ad exceeding 2 minutes.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Harmony (26th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th September 2020), Valerie Villars (26th September 2020), Zanshin (26th September 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,021 times in 8,167 posts

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    I don't understand why there isn't a decent YT alternative? I would think that it's not overly hard to find sponsors to put up the money in return for ads. It would be nice to have old YT back. Still no adult content but also no threat of having a channel taken down due to spineless executives. Surely I'm not seeing the whole picture, regardless it's somewhat a shame. I used to fall asleep to YT videos but now I can't since the vast majority of them interrupt with ads. This wouldn't be a deal breaker if the ads weren't 1 very loud and 2 requiring me to press a skip button or be subject to an ad exceeding 2 minutes.
    I saw financial data a couple of times (4 or 5 years ago) that showed Youtube doesn't make a profit. It's phenomenally expensive to run. Only Google, more or less, could afford to run it as a loss leader honeypot to get us all where we are right now.

I think setting up an alternative that matches it's slick ability to serve so much video streaming would be stupidly expensive.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Harmony (26th September 2020), Strat (26th September 2020), Valerie Villars (26th September 2020), Zanshin (26th September 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Are the only people who have enough money to set up an alternative, on the side of censorship or their own agenda?

Surely, there must be one dyed in the wool human who has enough money to circumvent the "stupidly expensive" part of the equation. There is just no way that every person with money can be swayed by advertising dollars and their managing opinion.

Green language, metaphor, cant. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cant_(language)

Never in million years did I ever think in our lifetime, this **** would come to pass.

For those of you who use "the only" social media that counts, as a platform, get rid of the notion it's the only way.

I don't watch t.v. and rarely listen to any radio station that has advertisements. I just get too irritated by the obvious brainwashing.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

EFO (26th September 2020), graciousb (27th September 2020), Harmony (26th September 2020), Satori (26th September 2020), Zanshin (26th September 2020)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    Thanks
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 26th September 2020 at 12:23.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Sunny (26th September 2020), Valerie Villars (27th September 2020)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    I don't watch t.v. and rarely listen to any radio station that has advertisements. I just get too irritated by the obvious brainwashing.
    Pharmaceutical commercials are the worst. First they promote what the drug does then they cover their asses by listing the side effects. This takes a minute or two and while they are telling you how horrible the drug is they show a skit of people living happy lives: walking hand in hand in the park with a loved one, hosting a party with lots of happy friends, fishing with grandkids, bowling with friends and high fiving after a great score. Ya know, bull****.

The old Navy recruitment was ridiculous. It played rock music in the background while showing guys rappelling out of a helicopter. Most likely your job in the Navy will be extremely monotonous. I'm by no means against joining the Navy or other military branches, but that recruitment video was bull**** plain and simple.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (26th September 2020), Satori (26th September 2020), Valerie Villars (27th September 2020)

+ Reply to Thread