+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How Meditation Helps With Anxiety

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member BrotherWayne's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default How Meditation Helps With Anxiety

Found this article very helpful dealing with my own anxiety and insecurity.

https://www.christian-meditations.co...helps-anxiety/

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BrotherWayne For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th October 2020), GMB1961 (5th October 2020), Harmony (18th May 2021), Ioneo (5th October 2020), Kryztian (6th October 2020), O Donna (5th October 2020), Peace in Oz (18th May 2021), toppy (5th October 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (6th October 2020), wondering (5th October 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,462 times in 950 posts

Default Re: How Meditation Helps With Anxiety

i have issue since primary school and mental health problem for long time almost of my life..lucky found psychologist to able to understand got me into tactical breathing or box breathing and seems to help, as i continue looking into it found meditation/mindfulness able to help people life myself alot...i never into it and never understand it how can people sit there for hours, looking into it for weeks and don't get it but after having a session yesterday i understand it and clear up few things and does help relax my mind and get rid of those thought at the time.

wish they teach these stuff at school but they teach all kind of crap not many student needed, every students is different but all of them are the same with thoughts and whatever their thought is...this stuff is essential in life

i'm very knew to mediation and mindfulness stuff just starting doing it...i get distracted during meditation abit and able to regain focus as the article said in the end about focusing. don't know this will leading me but seems does help me abit.

this got me thinking about Buddha and Buddhism...seems Buddha very awakening guy and i find more and more Buddhism not really religion but to help us to be it as meditation a tools for our mind the way think everyday or every single second.

i cannot stress out if you especially kids have any problem must get help otherwise gonna get worst...i didn't have proper help and i'm really screwed.
    Last edited by apokalypse; 18th May 2021 at 06:29.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (18th August 2021), Harmony (18th May 2021), Peace in Oz (18th May 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,462 times in 950 posts

Default Re: How Meditation Helps With Anxiety

i have this incredible experience just what this post have said,,
    Quote One of the things that used to bother me when I started meditating and consciously living in the present was my mind. I knew that the key was just to observe my thoughts in a detached way but still, this awareness wasn't pure because underneath it was also the desire for my mind to be quiet and I was always trying in subtle ways to stop my thoughts. But then I realised that I don't need to stop my thoughts, it's also impossible to stop them because the one who wants to stop them is also just another thought. The reality is the mind becomes quiet by itself.

I realised that I can just let the mind say whatever it wants to say, all I have have to "do" is just stay as the awareness behind the thoughts. The mind can judge people, can say negative things, can complain or whatever, but this has no impact on me because I am the space in which these thoughts arise. They can't stop me from being myself or from being at peace, just like the clouds can't stop the sun from shining. The interesting part is once I gave my thoughts free rein and stopped trying to stop them, the mind slowed down and I became more present. It's just like when you turn off the ceiling fan, it'll keep spinning for a while but you don't have to wait for it to stop because you know it's slowing down and it'll stop eventually. It's same with the mind, once you stop giving the mind attention and stop getting involved in thoughts, you've switched off the power because the mind is powered by attention.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Mindfulness...nts_just_dont/

i have that profound experience it's like fighting with your own mind or something...these thought came or what people can say day-dreaming and i did mindfulness focus on an object or what ever i see and

i really don't know and damn incredible..it's like battling with your own mind. so freaking incredible that mindfulness can literally help you not to judge people and LIVED BY THE MOMENT no future or past thought our mind.

i don't know but buddha got something and they offer something on the table for human beings...after the experience all the stuff i heard over the years about reptilian brains make so perfect sense, fighting against reptilian mindset.
    Last edited by apokalypse; 22nd May 2021 at 11:55.

+ Reply to Thread