+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3D Bioprinting

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,200 times in 436 posts

Default 3D Bioprinting

Quote Col. Quaritch : Son, I take care of my own. You get me what I need, I make sure that when you rotate home, you get your legs back, your real legs.

(Quote from the AVATAR movie)
    Perhaps not so far in the future an entire human body may be 3d-printed along with required machinery to facilitate the move of the spirit into the new body.

This suddenly occurred to me at the end of my last night's sleep.

The AVATAR movie is certainly promoting the concept of the spirit moving into another body via some machiney.

While Musk and Gates are more on the idea of transhumanism - a body that never ages or dies, the idea of 3D bioprinting may lead even deeper into the rabbit hole.

Any old granny may with paying a few thousand bucks (or whatever currency there may be) just buy a new body - just like purchasing a new suit.
    Or someone with enough funds may just clone a body of a president and then do some mischief with it.

This new body may be "enhanced" with being more robust and lesser sense of pain.
    We may not be so really far from that:

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michi For This Post:

Agape (2nd November 2020), Mercedes (1st November 2020), O Donna (1st November 2020), Ol' Roy (1st November 2020), Sadieblue (2nd November 2020), toppy (1st November 2020)

+ Reply to Thread