English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

Default Re: 2020 Presidential Election—and its Aftermath

Arizona Lawmaker Responds to AG Garland:

“You Will Not Touch Arizona Ballots or Machines
    Unless You Want to Spend Time in Arizona Prison”

Gateway Pundit Reports:

"Earlier on Friday, the Biden Department of Justice warned state lawmakers that if they proceeded to audit fraudulent elections they will be targeted by the Biden administration.

The US Constitution specifically gives the power to the states to regulate federal elections as they see fit.

You would think the Attorney General of the United States would know this.

Following the threats by the Biden regime, former fighter pilot and Arizona state Senator Wendy Rogers warned Merrick Garland to stay in his lane."

and:

full article here:
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...rizona-prison/

Matthew S. DePerno, Esq. (@mdeperno)
    Constitutional attorney serving the state of Michigan.
    has publicly posted:

it looks like the decision reached now? WILL be pivotal and have DIRECT impact on the outcome of MULTIPLE states

and, of course, elections in general from here on out

Comments can be directed to:

Department Comment Line: 202-353-1555

Department of Justice Main Switchboard: 202-514-2000

link to webform: https://www.justice.gov/doj/webform/...tice-webmaster

Comments normally weigh in as 100 for EACH contact. Right now, it looks like they will be given even more attention than normally as today's reports demonstrate that IN SPITE of continuous programming that "there is nothing to see here" in regards to ACTION to evaluate the validity of the election results?

MORE than HALF of AMERICANS ... on BOTH sides of the party tickets actively believe that:

CHEATING affected the OUTCOME of the 2020 Presidential Election

i sense that we are being "weighed" .. evaluated AS to OUR response? or lack thereof .. and that is what will determine their NEXT move ...
    Last edited by iota; 12th June 2021 at 18:18.
    We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Ankle Biter (10th July 2021), Brigantia (12th June 2021), ClearWater (16th June 2021), greybeard (12th June 2021), kfm27917 (27th June 2021), onawah (19th June 2021), wondering (20th June 2021)

3. Link to Post #1402
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,066 times in 3,146 posts

great interview with George Papadopoulos NOTHING CAN STOP WHATS COMING

https://forbiddenknowledgetv.net/pap...hat-is-coming/

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Ankle Biter (10th July 2021), greybeard (15th June 2021), iota (13th June 2021), onawah (19th June 2021), Reinhard (19th June 2021), TomKat (24th June 2021), wondering (20th June 2021)

5. Link to Post #1403
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

President Biden Confuses Libya And Syria
    A Number Of Times During Press Conference

NEW YORK (VINnews) — President Joe Biden appeared to confuse Libya with Syria a number of times during a press conference at the G-7 summit in Cornwall, England.

In response to questions regarding his upcoming meeting with Russian president Putin, Biden said Sunday that “There is a lot going on where we can work together with Russia.

“For example, in Libya, we should be opening up the passes to be able to go through and provide food assistance, an economic, I mean, vital assistance to a population that is in real trouble. I think I’m gonna try very hard — by the way, there’s places where — I should not be starting off by negotiating in public here, but let me say it this way: Russia has engaged in activities which we believe are contrary to international norms,” Biden continued, apparently alluding to Russia’s military presence in Syria.

Biden then appeared to confuse the countries two more times as he continued to make his point. Both countries have suffered long civil wars and are in the process of rebuilding but the Russian influence has only been significantly present in Syria.

“They have also bitten off some real problems, and they’re gonna have trouble chewing on them,” Biden added. “For example, the rebuilding of Syria, of Libya. They’re there, and as long as they’re there without the ability to bring about some order in the region, and you can’t do that very well without providing for the basic economic needs of people, so I am hopeful that we can find an accommodation where we can save the lives of people in, for example, in Libya consistent with the interests of — maybe for different reasons, but for the same reasons,” Biden said.

Speaking of Putin specifically, Biden admitted that it would be difficult for him to “change a person’s behavior.”

“There is no guarantee you can change a person’s behavior or the behavior of their country. Autocrats have enormous power, and they do not have to answer to a public,” Biden said. “The fact is that it may very well be if I respond in kind, which I will, that it does not dissuade him. He wants to keep going. But I think we’re gonna be moving in a direction where Russia has its own dilemmas, let us say, in dealing with its economy, dealing with COVID, and dealing with, not only the United States, but Europe at large and the Middle East.”

Biden’s aides later brushed off the apparent gaffe, saying that he had meant to say Syria when saying Libya. But the president was widely criticized on social media for confusing the two nations."

article source here

the ENTIRE world has now at one point or another .. commented on the complete "ineptness" of this man

AND people ALL around the world have REMINDED him and his cohort .. Harris

TRUMP WON!

as in WE KNOW ... EVERYBODY KNOWS

and the moment KNOWING turns into action regarding this in greater numbers of the population?

the game WILL be over

it will have NO choice in the matter

we just have to remember ... they CANNOT hear what WE fail to communicate ...

the communication that HAS been given? IS being heard!

and awareness is arising as Senators for once voted UNANIMOUSLY to take action in favor of their constituents .. . US .. though on another subject? the unprecedented action was to 100% for action in FAVOR of the people .. NOT against us ...

our DEMANDS can not long be ignored ....

so that any adversary

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Ankle Biter (10th July 2021), Bassplayer1 (15th June 2021), greybeard (15th June 2021), onawah (19th June 2021), Reinhard (19th June 2021), TargeT (16th June 2021), wondering (20th June 2021)

7. Link to Post #1404
    Language
    English
    Thanks

yesterday ....

Tucker Carlson Says Capitol Riot Was Organized By The FBI
    ‘According To Government Documents’

On Tuesday night, Fox News host Tucker Carlson said that the Capitol Riot was orchestrated by the FBI to ‘suppress political dissent.’ The statement was bizarre enough but the supporting explanation didn’t offer too much clarity.

Carlson asked:

Who did shoot Ashli Babbitt and why don’t we know? Are anonymous federal agents now allowed to kill unarmed women who protest the regime? That’s okay now? No, it’s not okay.

He then went on to attack the government saying that they were ‘hiding the identity of many law enforcement officers present at the Capitol on January 6.’

Carlson complained that some involved were not facing consequences:

Strangely, some of the key people who participated on January 6 have not been charged.

Look at the documents, the government calls those people unindicted coconspirators. What does that mean? Well, it means that potentially every single case they were FBI operatives. Really? In the Capitol on January 6?

Despite calling for action against the FBI, the presenter said that those who had been arrested in connection with the attack on democracy had been harshly treated, and offered a thought for those in ‘solitary confinement.

The presenter began to call the FBI out directly as he said that the government has charged those involved. After some dramatic rhetorical questions, he said this was because ‘They were all certainly working for the FBI. So FBI operatives were organizing the attack on the Capitol, on Jan. 6, according to government documents!’

Tucker went on to point out:

If you empower the government to violate civil liberties

in pursuit of a foreign terror organization,

it’s just a matter of time before ambitious politicians

use those same mechanisms to suppress political dissent.

And that is what we are seeing now.
    source here

Gateway Pundit had previously reported:

US Government Seizes $90,000 From BLM-Antifa Organizer
    Who Sold Footage of Capitol Riot to CNN

"The US government has seized $90,000 from Utah BLM-Antifa organizer who sold footage of the Capitol riot to NBC and CNN.

John Sullivan was paid tens of thousands of dollars by fake news media outlets for his footage of the Capitol riot.

Sullivan wore MAGA gear and claimed to be an independent reporter but he was actually a left-wing insurgence leader encouraging violence and telling people to “burn” the building."

article here:
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...itol-riot-cnn/

readers of this thread, are of course aware that there is MUCH MUCH more to Mr Sullivan than just "wearing a MAGA hat"

as previously posted:

in footage streamed to his followers on Discord, Sullivan, who uses the name “Jayden X” on the app, can be heard inciting violence from inside the U.S. Capitol and boasting about breaking a window.

“If we don’t get in, we’re going to burn this sh*t down,” he gloats. “Let’s go! This sh*t’s ours. F*ck yeah. I can’t believe this is reality. We accomplished this sh*t. We did this sh*t together.

“I didn’t know I hit [the window] that hard. No one got that on camera… F*ck the blue! F*ck the blue!”

This footage comes from a source who wishes to remain anonymous for security reasons.

There has been media silence

John Sullivan’s brother contacted the FBI and turned his brother in.

Article here

i had ALSO posted here that:

"so it turns out John Sullivan was no stranger to the camera or fame ...

so before before becoming a left-wing activist and rioting at the Capitol, John Sullivan competed in the Olympic Trials and appeared in an Uber commercial ..

Uber hides ad featuring left-wing activist charged in Capitol riot
    One-time Olympic hopeful appeared in a 2016 ad for the ride sharing company

Breaking News

John Sullivan, the man who was arrested for his part in the U.S. Capitol rioting, was an Olympic speed skating hopeful and appeared in an Uber commercial before he made a left-wing turn in his politics and became an activist.

Sullivan appeared in the commercial as a speed skater and aspiring Olympian. It aired in August 2016 on national television according to PT News.

the commercial from the Uber YouTube account has already been taken down soon ...

In his Twitter account, John Sullivan posted the Uber commercial in 2016 alongside other tweets documenting his skating dreams.

John Sullivan founded Insurgence USA,

a left-wing activist organization, after the death of George Floyd in police custody in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

He told KUTV that he had traveled to Washington D.C. in order to document various protests, but a federal affidavit quotes him as encouraging the rioting from inside the Capitol.

After the crowd broke through the last barricade, and as SULLIVAN and the others approach the Capitol Building, SULLIVAN can be heard in the video saying at various points:

‘There are so many people. Let’s go. This s— is ours! F— yeah,’ ‘We accomplished this s—. We did this together. F— yeah! We are all a part of this history,’ and ‘Let’s burn this s— down.

Sullivan has admitted that he is a supporter of the Black Lives Matter movement. He sells t-shirts, knives, gas masks, and other BLM-related tactical gear at his website

Full article here:https://www.theconservativedispatch....t-the-capitol/

even though Tucker just reported on this yesterday?

it aligns perfectly with the information disclosed in this forum over half a year ago https://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?112845-2020-Presidential-Election--and-its-Aftermath&p=1404659&viewfull=1#post1404659"]here

so .. at least it IS being disclosed ... months and moths after WE did, but still ...

my NEXT post on this information IS "surprising" though ... you'll see why

Last edited by iota; 17th June 2021 at 20:32.

so that any adversary

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Ankle Biter (10th July 2021), ClearWater (18th June 2021), greybeard (17th June 2021), Journeyman (24th June 2021), kfm27917 (27th June 2021), mountain_jim (27th June 2021), onawah (19th June 2021), Reinhard (19th June 2021), TargeT (4th July 2021), TomKat (24th June 2021), wondering (20th June 2021)

9. Link to Post #1405
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,973 times in 20,621 posts

Exclusive Interview: New Audit Timeline, Final Report Expected Date
    72,433 views•Premiered 4 hours ago
    Facts Matter with Roman Balmakov
    580K subscribers

(News about the recalibration of voting results in Maricopa County for the 2020 election starting at about 1:50 minutes; the final report due sometime in August according to Ken Bennett, the audit liaison.
    News about 3 new voting laws in Michigan starting at 14:32 minutes in.
    Finally, news about how Epoch Times has been censored and about the new Epoch TV.)

Last edited by onawah; 19th June 2021 at 05:04.
    Each breath a gift...

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Ankle Biter (10th July 2021), avid (19th June 2021), greybeard (19th June 2021), iota (25th June 2021), mountain_jim (24th June 2021), pabranno (19th June 2021), wondering (20th June 2021)

11. Link to Post #1406
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,973 times in 20,621 posts

@JOHNHERETOHELP: PELOSI, HIGH-RANKING GENERAL EXPOSED IN JAN 6 AND BABBITT MURDER
    6/24/21
    https://forbiddenknowledgetv.net/joh...abbitt-murder/

(Rumble video posted at the bottom)

"Last January, when Defamation superlawyer, Lin Wood released video testimony from a whistleblower with several decades in the in both the military and intelligence, in which he talks about the sheer evil of Chief Justice John Roberts and former Vice President Mike Pence, it didn’t take me long to realize that this witness was somebody who I had been following on Twitter called @JohnHereToHelp – and that I had already figured out that he was the same secret witness who had come forward in 2018 on the second anniversary of Seth Rich’s murder, with his unexpected testimony that Rod Rosenstein had ordered the hit.

Back in 2018, this was not what anybody expected to hear. John Podesta’s references to “wetworks” in the WikiLeaks emails caused many to assume that Seth Rich’s murder was yet another in a long line of Clintoncides but here was this guy, claiming that Rod Rosenstein was behind it, the motive being to prevent the truth from coming out about the DNC email breach. He said it would have revealed that the DOJ and the Republicans had been accessing and altering the DNC’s emails throughout the course of the Obama administration. It would also reveal that the Rod Rosenstein’s Maryland Attorney General’s Office began spying on Hillary’s private server almost as soon as it went live.

At the time, it was the height of the Mueller Investigation hysteria. His story didn’t help Trump and it went over the Democrats’ heads so it quickly disappeared. However, I have found his information on Twitter and elsewhere to be consistent, highly-granular and believable, if frequently shocking and horrifying.

Though he has tweeted hints about this before, this interview with Stew Peters marks the first time that he reveals his identity on audio as one Dr Jonathan McGreevey, in the first of a 4-part series of gob-smacking segments posted to Rumble yesterday.

When asked by Peters if he wants to name anyone who coordinated the events of January 6th, he responds, “Everybody up to Pence had a part in it. I mean, he’s manipulated, he’s controlled. He’s always kow-towed to Pelosi his entire career. I told them prior to the Certification [of the 2020 Election], he wasn’t going to do it. He couldn’t, as he’s been paid-off. He’s now being promoted for a presidential run, which I’m looking forward to (laughs).”

When Peters asks point blank if Pence is involved in child sex trafficking and if Pence is a pedophile, he responds,”Yes. Yes, he is.”

McGreevey then addresses Pence directly, saying, “The young man that I mentioned in Lin Wood’s interview – I’m speaking to Pence, right now – let’s test Mike Pence’s memory: ‘Hey, Mike! Do you know, when you betrayed Trump and the entire country just a few weeks ago? Probably not. Do you remember a young man named Jeremy from about six years ago? Because we do! And we know where he lives – and he remembers you! He’s 20 now but I’m really looking forward to your presidential run! They say karma wears silver boy shorts, but whatever.”

Peters then asks McGreevey from his perspective, as a Constitutional scholar, given that Biden stole the election and that he is not the legitimate president, whether any of Biden’s actions, Executive Orders and legislation that has passed since January 20th, if any of these are legal or official?

“No. It carries no weight, from the People, from the Constitution or anything. It’s like I said, if I broke into a bank and took over and bribed the guards and threatened everyone, it doesn’t make me the Bank President. I can’t just open the vault and change anything I want. Nothing’s legal. They could change the law, because they know that it would have a lasting effect, even if President Trump was back tomorrow. It’s going to have a lasting effect. This is why certain persons are not going to the Southern Border. It’s not a crisis. It’s exactly what they want. And they want more, more, more and there’s a ton of money going south to Central and South America to transport these people in, from all over…They’re not walking, they’re being transported. It’s a non-stop human trafficking train coming in, because this is what they want.

“They know that if President Trump is back tomorrow, you got how many millions of new people in? And they’re not going to get them all out. They know this. Every day is a victory for them, until they lose their grip on their phony presidency – and the sooner the better.”

Peters says, “We’ve alluded to hundreds, if not thousands of political prisoners; they’re currently being jailed. They’re being mistreated, they’re being tortured, from what we understand. They’re in solitary confinement, they’re not allowed phones calls, they haven’t been charged with anything. Those that have been charged with misdemeanors are still facing decades in prison for what happened on the 6th of January at our Capitol, which by the way, is now vacant. Nobody is there. Washington DC is a ghost town. I’m not quite sure that there’s anyone at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, inside of the White House. Can you speak to that? Can you explain why Washington DC is Vacant? Why is the FBI boarded-up?”

McGreevey replies, “The FBI wants to purport how severe everything is and how the attacks are bad and how the ‘White Terrorists’ are going to attack them…’We’re doing our best. We’re investigating this with our normal level of integrity but it makes us a target, so we’re boarded-up.’

“They [the FBI] portray themselves as victims, because they’re complicit. They helped. And there’s no reason to have a whole bunch of people in DC, when you have 5 or 6 people running the entire show and just handing out orders.”

Peters asks, “Who are the people running the show and handing out orders?”

“Pelosi’s at the top. She did not become a legitimate Speaker, as I mentioned. In 2018, they had to get balance on President Trump, so they cheated enough to get seats to control Congress. She’s been an illegitimate Speaker, the BS impeachments were all illegitimate, so is the ‘Russian Collusion’.”

Peters asks, “Is it common knowledge in Congress, is it common knowledge among senators, is it common knowledge throughout our entire government that this election was stolen and that Nancy Pelosi is an illegitimate Speaker and that Mike Pence is a pedophile and that Justice Roberts is a pedophile? Is all of this stuff common knowledge by those so-called elected representatives, by politicians, by people in power? Does everybody know this to be true and correct?”

McGreevey answers, “Yes. They know. That’s the way they want it. What good is a wild card in there? What good is it to elect someone that you don’t know, that you don’t control?…It’s easier if you control them. And they’re controlling themselves by their own disgusting behavior, so you control them, now. So when you need something signed, you need a decision in court and it’s important to you, you don’t have to make any effort. You don’t have to spend money and buy them. You are in control, they’re in your pocket. You just don’t have to remind them, you just put it through.”

Peters asks, “So 100% of Washington, Republicans, alike; America-First so-called Patriots, all of them know?”

McGreevey says, “It’s obvious. Anyone with common sense can see it. And it’s wrong.”

Peters then asks McGreevey what he knows about January 6th. He replies that the Democrats didn’t expect they would pull off the fraud. “They knew they could pull off the phony numbers, that was all set up but they didn’t think anyone would accept it. They thought the fraud would be uncovered quickly. They thought that President Trump would not leave…They couldn’t believe that he was leaving. They were absolutely stunned the Patriots didn’t take to the streets and shut down the country.”

Peters says, “Two FBI agents and a Secret Service agent corroborated the fact that this thing was 100% a set-up. Who set it up?”

“Pelosi,” he replies. “She had a lot of help. There are FBI agents all over January 6th.”

He says that he knows – and the FBI knows – that the person who transported the bombers and the devices that were placed in the Capitol is “related a very high-ranking [federal] judge.” He says that keeping the myth going about “White Terrorists” is what’s valuable to them. He says, “They know who it is. They supplied the crappy device that didn’t work.”

He says that Nancy Pelosi orchestrated the whole thing and that, “She even called in the orders to ‘get’ someone to sacrifice,” and that you can see the shooter responding to orders from Pelosi’s people in his earpiece.

The shooter could not use the normal communications systems because of the law enforcement that were all over the place and all the journalists listening in on the Capitol Police scanners, so they were using military encrypted communications, which were provided by somebody who he says hated Trump and who was rewarded. This person is Major General William Walker, who was the Commander of the National Guard in DC and who was promoted by Pelosi to be the Sergeant at Arms of the US House of Representatives.

McGreevey, who is a very patriotic veteran then addresses Gen Walker directly: “General, I would never attack our military, I would never besmirch someone who’s in uniform, especially a general officer. I’m asking you, Sir, please stand up and defend us, as you have done in the past.

“It’s going to come out. I have heard that all of your private and social communications – email, texts, phone calls, everything – have been archived for well over the past year.

“So I implore you, Sir to do your duty and come out and defend us once more.”

He tells Peters, “This is the same commander who denied President Trump’s request to bring troops…” "

Source: https://www.rumble.com/video/vgc7sn
    Last edited by Sue (Ayt); 24th June 2021 at 19:57. Reason: added rumble video
    Each breath a gift...

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (24th June 2021), greybeard (24th June 2021), Gwin Ru (24th June 2021), iota (25th June 2021), mountain_jim (24th June 2021), TomKat (24th June 2021)

13. Link to Post #1407
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,220 times in 8,550 posts

Saw where General Flynn stated in a call that there will likely be a false flag at the time that the AZ audit results are made public.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

alh02 (11th July 2021), Ankle Biter (10th July 2021), greybeard (24th June 2021), iota (25th June 2021), onawah (25th June 2021)

15. Link to Post #1408
    Language
    English
    Thanks

President Trump Opens a Verified Account on RUMBLE —
    Picks Up 45,000 New Followers in an Hour!

Gateway Pundit Reports:

According to reports, President Trump has opened an account on Rumble.

RT News reports:

Former President Donald Trump has opened an account on Rumble, a rival video platform to YouTube. Trump remains blacklisted by every major social media outlet after his supporters rioted on Capitol Hill in January.

An account named ‘Donald J. Trump’ appeared on Rumble on Saturday bearing the site’s green and white verification checkmark. The only video posted by the account is a livestream of Trump’s campaign-style rally in Wellington, Ohio, due to kick off later on Saturday evening.

The authenticity of the account was confirmed by Dan Scavino, an adviser to the former president…

…Rumble CEO Chris Pavlovski told Fortune last year that while he never set out to create a platform for right-wingers, he’s happy enough to host them. “The way I look at this is we’re neutral,” he said. “We won’t discriminate against anyone or any group.”

The Trump team stated that the President would be on another social media output after Twitter removed the President of the United States’ account on that platform.
    ** You can follow Donald J. Trump’s Rumble account here.

President Trump is picking up 45,000 new followers in an hour!"

see article here:
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ccount-rumble/

and HOURS ago ... an update!

ah ... can't stop laughing ...

last figures (Trump) exceeded in a few hours MUCH MORE than the inept one EVER got in his WHOLE candidacy in 2020

yet, all the faithful disciples of MSM coninue their assertions the "puppet man" is legit?

now THAT is funny!

Last edited by iota; 27th June 2021 at 20:42.

so that any adversary

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Brigantia (27th June 2021), mountain_jim (27th June 2021), Patient (27th June 2021), Sue (Ayt) (27th June 2021)

17. Link to Post #1409
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Source: https://www.bitchute.com/video/fSPBYsDTmUmf

if the information in this video is able to prove beyond ANY reasonable doubt what i believe that it will?

and IF we refuse to allow it to be ignored?

THIS WILL mark a turning point towards victory

with THIS information? we are closer than we have EVER been ...

Last edited by iota; 27th June 2021 at 22:08.

so that any adversary

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Ankle Biter (10th July 2021), Brigantia (27th June 2021), sunflower (28th June 2021), thepainterdoug (28th June 2021)

19. Link to Post #1410
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Pro-Trump Protesters Give Kamala Harris a Brutal Welcome to El Paso

TownHall reports:

"Vice President Kamala Harris finally made her way down to a U.S. border town on Friday, deciding to visit El Paso, Texas for a couple of hours before making her way to Los Angeles, California.

While El Paso, and its Congressional district, are heavily Democratic, it appears mostly supporters of former President Donald Trump showed up to "greet" Harris when she arrived at the El Paso Border Patrol Station. Photos and videos of the gathering showed Trump supporters, most of whom were Latino, carrying Trump flags and anti-Harris signs.

"Kamala, You Know Trump Won," one sign stated.

"How many little girls need to be raped for this to be a crisis?" a banner read.

and it just kept getting progressively worse

The scene is similar to when protesters in Guatemala City voiced their opposition to Harris when she visited during her trip to the North Triangle country and Mexico

Harris told reporters when she landed in El Paso that it was always the plan to visit a border town, despite her trip being announced after Trump said he was going to visit the U.S.-Mexico border in Texas.

"Harris and Biden were given the strongest Border in American history. And now, it is by far the worst in American history. If Governor Abbott and I weren’t going there next week, she would have never gone!" Trump said in response to Harris' trip."

read article here:
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/julior...-paso-n2591584

so that any adversary

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

ClearWater (29th June 2021), greybeard (28th June 2021), wondering (10th July 2021)

21. Link to Post #1411
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,858 times in 11,838 posts

WATCH | President Trump arrives in Northeast Ohio

Go to 80 minutes into video, the early part is just waiting time.
    Air Force One Presidential Plane lands --- Trump gives a speech.
    For sure Trump is recognised by the Military as their Commander in Chief.
    That's my opinion.
    Chris.

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Ankle Biter (10th July 2021), iota (29th June 2021)

23. Link to Post #1412
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hunter Biden Invested In The Pandemic Firm Collaborating With EcoHealth and The Wuhan Lab and Peter Daszak

An Exclusive Report from the National Pulse

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rosemont Seneca Tech ... Hunter Biden.png
Views:	8
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	46913

"Rosemont Seneca Technology Partners (RSTP) was an offshoot of Rosemont Capital, an investment fund founded by Biden and John Kerry’s stepson in 2009, that counted Biden as a Managing Director.

Among the companies listed on archived versions of the firm’s portfolio is Metabiota, a San Francisco-based company that purports to detect, track, and analyze emerging infectious diseases, The National Pulse can reveal.

Financial reports reveal that RSTP led the company’s first round of funding, which amounted to $30 million. Former Managing Director and co-founder of RSTP Neil Callahan – a name that appears many times on Hunter Biden’s hard drive – also sits on Metabiota’s Board of Advisors.

Since 2014, Metabiota has been a partner of EcoHealth Alliance as part of the U.S. Agency for International Development’s (USAID) “PREDICT” project, which seeks to “predict and prevent global emerging disease threats.”

As part of this effort, researchers from Metabiota, EcoHealth Alliance, and the Wuhan Institute of Virology collaborated on a study relating to bat infectious diseases in China. “Sensitive and broadly reactive RT-PCR assays were performed at Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences,” the paper notes.

The proximity between Hunter Biden and COVID-19’s origins are almost too convenient.

Among the researchers listed on the aforementioned 2014 paper are “bat lady” Shi Zhengli, the Director of the Center for Emerging Infectious Diseases at the Chinese Communist Party’s Wuhan Lab. The disgraced Peter Daszak – recently recused from the Lancet COVID-19 commission due to several conflicts of interest as a “longtime collaborator” of the Wuhan Institute of Virology – is also listed as an author."

read full article here:
    https://thenationalpulse.com/exclusi...wuhan-partner/

another article can be read here:
    https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...earch-n1457874

in short, it appears they worked on developing this virus for about 5 yrs prior to releasing it to the public, then Hunter Biden invested in what would prove to be profitable during the outbreak. This leads to insider trading which carries a penalty of imprisonment

further expanding on the list of crimes that Hunter Biden COULD be charged with carrying a prison sentence.

Last edited by iota; 29th June 2021 at 17:47. Reason: added secoind article source

so that any adversary

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

avid (6th July 2021), cursichella1 (14th July 2021), Ernie Nemeth (29th June 2021), greybeard (29th June 2021), mountain_jim (29th June 2021), onawah (29th June 2021), Reinhard (29th June 2021), TargeT (29th June 2021)

25. Link to Post #1413
    Language
    English
    Thanks

BREAKING! SLAIN FLORIDA CONGRESSIONAL AUDITOR WAS TRACKING COVID FINANCIAL SOURCE CODES!

https://www.bitchute.com/video/nKTgoOa7PiZW/

by Pentagon Pedophile Task Force on July 3, 2021 at 10:03 A.M.
    https://timothycharlesholmseth.com/b...oss-the-globe/
    Startling new revelations have now cast, yet, even more doubt, on the true facts and circumstances surrounding the murder of Congressional Defense Contractor Christopher E. Hallett who was shot down in cold blood in his Ocala, Florida home on November 15, 2020.
    According to a social media message authored by Hallett not long before his murder, he was tracking “COVID financial source codes” and “shell corporations” around the “globe”.
    Hallett was the CEO of E-Clause LLC, a Florida corporation that did loss prevention for the United States government under consent of Congress to identify emoluments violations. Hallett was revealing the methods being used by an international crime syndicate to accomplish nearly any crime conceivable through diabolical “defective practices” within the corporate legal system, which is actually a human trafficking system.
    On December 7, 2020 we reported ‘BREAKING HUGE: Assassinated Congressional Oversight Defense Contractor filed documents [Arrest Warrants] in U.S. District Court on the day before 2020 election – murdered two weeks later’
    The federal court receipt, which Hallett turned over to a trusted colleague before his murder, proved Hallett filed documents in federal court on November 2, 2020.
    Two weeks later Hallett was murdered.
    The documents then VANISHED!
    The official story is that Hallett was murdered by his beloved friend and colleague Neely Petrie Blanchard. Blanchard is now facing First Degree Murder charges. However, our preliminary reports on the Hallett murder show the facts and circumstances, as presented by the media, are extremely SUSPICIOUS. SEE LINKS BELOW STORY FOR MORE ON HALLETT MURDER
    Hallett’s suspicious assassination is being linked to operatives orbiting around embattled former Navy SEAL Craig Randal (Sawman) Sawyer, who was the personal private bodyguard of Hillary Clinton.
    Sawyer’s operative, William K. Murtaugh, Apopka, Florida, went online and reported that he personally telephoned the courthouse and talked to the clerk for nearly an hour about the Hallett receipt. Murtaugh reported the clerk told him that the Hallett receipt was a fake.
    It wasn’t fake – Murtaugh was lying and misrepresenting a federal court clerk (federal crime) in hopes of making the public believe the files never existed; because, the files may show a MOTIVE for Hallett’s murder that does not link to Blanchard.
    The validity and existence of the Hallett receipt was confirmed by Florida Attorney Charles Baron. Baron was retained by investigative journalist Timothy Charles Holmseth to search for the receipt in the federal records.
    Baron determined the receipt was valid but the files could not be found.
    “Hi Timothy – The Clerk’s Office at the Ocala Division of M.D. Fla. (deputy clerk named Lynn) did a thorough search in their system using the receipt number, and search various ways,” Baron said.
    Sawyer is presently under investigation by the U.S. Army at Fort Campbell, Kentucky and U.S. Navy for kidnap, torture, rape, beastiality, and death threats he, and operatives of Veterans For Child Rescue Inc., made in writing against the owner/publisher of www.timothycharlesholmseth.com Randi Erickson, Holmseth, and children.
    Examples of death threats and CIA terror ops by Sawyer are becoming to numerous to report.
    Recently…
    Sawyer’s operative Ashely Cooper Brown, Two Harbors, Minnesota, created a wildly ridiculous fake story that Publisher Erickson and Reporter Holmseth traveled to Two Harbors and attempted to talk to Cooper Brown’s child in a park. Then, based upon the lie she made up about Erickson and Holmseth – Cooper Brown threatened to “execute” Erickson and filmed herself traveling toward Anoka County, Minnesota where Erickson has a home.
    Erickson has filed a Complaint to Two Harbors Police Department against Cooper Brown for terroristic threats and filing a false police report.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Ankle Biter (10th July 2021), iota (5th July 2021)

27. Link to Post #1414
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Trump: July 4 'Will Not Be Canceled,' Nor 'Purged From History' or 'Our Hearts'

https://www.newsmax.com/us/july-4-ho...03/id/1027379/

Home | America
    Tags: Donald Trump | Veterans | july 4 | holiday | american | history | patriotism
    Trump: July 4 'Will Not Be Canceled,' Nor 'Purged From History' or 'Our Hearts'
    president donald trump speaks during a save america rally in sarasota, florida on july 3

By Eric Mack | Saturday, 03 July 2021 09:05 PM

Comment|
    Print|
    A A

Delivering a message of patriotism on the eve of the July 4 holiday, former President Donald Trump vowed "it will not be canceled," and American founders and patriots "will never be purged from history or canceled from our hearts."

"Tomorrow we will celebrate 245 years of glorious American Independence: It will not be canceled, by the way," Trump told his Save America rally Saturday night in Sarasota, Florida, which aired live on Newsmax. "And we will teach young people across the country that George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson. John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, John Hancock will forever be American heroes."

Trump denounced cancel culture and anti-American sentiment coming from activist groups seeking to destroy American historical symbols and statues.

"People want to take their names off buildings," Trump continued. "Can you believe it? They took names of buildings like George Washington. And I told you this is where they're coming from.

"We're not going to let that happen. They will never be purged from history or canceled from our hearts."

"If Biden and the radical Democrats get their way, you can kiss your suburbs, tour fourth of July, your barbecue, and you can kiss the American dream goodbye," Trump said later.

Trump added a vow to continue the tradition of the July 4 holiday, as the Biden administration blocked a fireworks display over Mount Rushmore in South Dakota that GOP Gov. Kristi Noem fought to deliver as her state did last year with Trump as president.

"The mission for all of us here tonight is to preserve the legacy of July 4, 1776, and to defend our liberty from the radical left movement that seeks to cancel this date, demolish our heritage, and destroy our beloved nation.

"In just five months, the Biden administration has launched an all out assault on everything we cherish and we value under Joe Biden and the left."

Trump began his rally with a call out for patriotism and "free and fair elections."

"I'm thrilled to be home in the great state of Florida with the thousands and thousands of proud American patriots, who stand strong for faith, and family, of God and country, and never forget free and fair elections and strong borders," Trump said.

"Let me begin by wishing each and every one of you a blessed and happy Fourth of July."

Trump rebuked Biden's immigration policies destroying the American southern border.

"Tonight, I want to speak to every border agent, ICE officer, and law enforcement professional who Joe Biden has cruelly betrayed," Trump said. "He's betrayed. They lied during the campaign. I told you they were lying, but lot of people didn't believe me. They lied like hell."

He also hailed American law enforcement amid activist attempts to defund the police, leading to a crime wave across America's Democrat-led cities.

"All law enforcement I want you to know that the American people thank you, they believe in you, they love you, they respect you, they need you," Trump said. "And we are going to fight for you.

"Law enforcement's been treated very badly, but we love you. I just met a lot of them back stage. I'll tell you, these are great people."

It will take a Republican takeover of Congress in the 2022 midterms to make it happen, he added.

"We're going to elect a Republican Congress to terminate Joe Biden's open border catastrophe, defund his extreme agenda, and give our ICE and border patrol the resources, support, and gratitude they so richly deserve," he said. "The socialist Democrats have not only brought chaos and bedlam to the border, they brought every bad thing you can have on this border.

Note: See Newsmax TV now carried in more than 100 million U.S. homes, on DirecTV Ch. 349, Dish Network Ch. 216, Xfinity Ch. 1115, Spectrum, U-verse Ch. 1220, FiOS Ch. 615, Frontier Ch. 115, Optimum Ch. 102, Cox cable, Suddenlink Ch. 102, Mediacom Ch. 277, AT&T TV Ch 349, FUBO and major OTT platforms like Roku, YouTube, Xumo, Pluto and most smart TV's including Samsung+, Sony, LG, Vizio and more – Find All Systems that Carry Newsmax – Click Here

Related Stories:

Trump: 'What I Will Be Proved Right About Next? Perhaps the Election'
    Trump: Dems 'Corrupting, Weaponizing' Law Against 'Political Opponents'
    Trump to Newsmax: Biden Inflation 'Not a Pretty Picture'
    Alan Dershowitz: Trump Target 'Bribed' to Flip; Charges Won't Stick
    Chicago Mayor Blames Crime 'Surge' on Trump, Calls Newsmax 'Incendiary'

© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Ankle Biter (10th July 2021), avid (4th July 2021), iota (5th July 2021), pabranno (4th July 2021)

29. Link to Post #1415
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,389 times in 4,323 posts

Ann Vandersteel Explains: Why Doesn't President Trump Acknowledge Poisonous Jab? 29:17

Stew Peters Show
    Published July 5, 2021 21,083 Views

Rumble — Ann Vandersteel held no punches in this candid 1-on-1 with Stew Peters.
    Topics included the 'Deep Rig' election theft, COVID, poisonous injections, Trump's 'vaccine' rhetoric, and TSA targeting Vandersteel in her travels.

www.StewPeters.tv

www.SteelTruth.com

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

edina (10th July 2021), greybeard (6th July 2021), thepainterdoug (6th July 2021)

31. Link to Post #1416
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,066 times in 3,146 posts

GWIN/ THE Stu Peters interview is excellent!!! T Y

/

The Genesis of Our American
    Collective Meltdown
    Our adversaries can’t quite believe their good fortune. Had they thought up ways to divide and impoverish America, they could not have improved on our own collective meltdown.

By Victor Davis Hanson
    American Greatness
    July 4, 2021

This Fourth of July holiday we might pause for a moment from our festivities to ask how we collectively lost our minds over the last 15 months—and are we yet regaining any semblance of our sanity?

A pandemic caused by the leak of a Chinese-engineered virus and its coverup was cause enough for nationwide madness. But the spread of COVID-19 was followed by a nationalized and often politicized “flatten-the-curve” quarantine that soon ensured a stir-crazy nation.
    Tens of millions saw no people and heard nothing human other than what was fed to them through television and computers. No wonder they grew paranoid, conspiratorial, and angry, and soon forgot the therapeutic nature of personal interaction and the shared humanity of being in the physical presence of others.

Our first self-induced recession came next and lasted over a year, destroying all the hard work of the prior three years. Next ensued the death of George Floyd and a subsequent 120 days of rioting, looting, and arson. The immediate costs were $2 billion in damage, over 25 deaths, 14,000 arrests, and a Lord of the Flies anarchy with no-go zones in our major cities. A McCarthyite frenzy followed as remote-controlled America hunted down the supposed “racists” among us—while career agendas, personal grudges, and ideological hatred fueled the cancel culture.

All this was antecedent to our first election in which Election Day voting was incidental, not essential, to the outcome. This was also our first presidential campaign in which the incumbent was stricken by a pandemic virus. And his opponent, due to his age and infirmity, simply reverted to the 19th-century style of staying home and outsourcing the electioneering to the Democratic-media complex.
    Biden’s basement became the equivalent of the “front-porch” of homebound candidates of a century and more ago.

The derangement was then capped off, first, by a buffoonish riot at the Capitol followed by a Reichstag-fire style militarization of Washington, D.C., in a “never let a crisis go to waste” psychodrama.

Then came a novel second and unprecedented presidential impeachment, without a special prosecutor, witnesses, or cross-examinations. It was based on the myth of a deadly “armed insurrection” fueled by President Trump, which purportedly led to the murder of a police officer. Later most of the writs of the House impeachment were proven fantasies, from the idea of “armed” and “well-organized” to “murderous” revolutionaries. The only mysteries were the identity of the unnamed officer who fatally shot an unarmed female protester and military veteran, and why the government has still not released thousands of hours of video detailing the riot.

That impeachment charade was followed by a trial in the Senate—without the chief justice presiding—of a president, who was no longer in office.

The finale was the promise of a “moderate” good ol’ Joe Biden from Scranton—the supposed correction to Trump. In reality, Biden’s first 150 days proved, as the cynics predicted, that he was mere cover and conveyance for the implementation of the most radical agenda since the 1930s.

So we can cut America some slack when we ponder why the entire country is now descending into a collective madness, given the amount of propaganda and media distortion pumped out during the quarantine, and since.

The Chaos of Daily Living
    Within the space of about 6 months in 2021, the costs of the essentials of life have skyrocketed—food, gasoline, housing, appliances, cars and trucks, and building materials. Non-ending streams of stimulus money, huge deficits, and pent-up demand so far have ensured that Americans would pay such spiking prices. And soon radical inflation may trigger 1970s stagflation and then recession, as the “why-go-to-work?” checks and consumer zeal finally cease, but the government printing machine keeps going. What good is free government money if spiraling prices eat away the entitlement?

California is the worst run of our states. But it is also always a helpful bellwether of where we are descending. The state has plenty of oil and natural gas. There are still remnants of a once-thriving nuclear and hydroelectric industry. But power outages are now commonplace—to the point that, like Third-Worlders, we merely shrug when the lights go out as if it were a green way of reducing carbon emissions.

Forty million people driving on roads and highways intended for 20 million people—27 percent of them not born in America—becomes a “Road-Warrior”-like wildness intended to discourage the kind of driving to which we became accustomed in the 20th century. Any trip over 200 miles cannot be calibrated by traditional “arrival times.” Ad hoc repairs on ancient roads paralyzes traffic not already slowed by accidents. Speeding and traffic violations are commonplace. Either the population ignores or does not know the law, or a paranoid law enforcement is reluctant to enforce the laws, or there are simply too few patrol cars responsible for too many drivers.

Gas can range from $4.00 to over $5.00 a gallon; $100 fill-ups are common. To go to a California Home Depot or Lowes store is to be amazed at grades of plywood priced at nearly $90 a sheet.

Californians are leaving in droves, but housing costs are still soaring. Californians love nice houses. But those who have them don’t like to allow anyone to build new ones for others.

A horrendous drought has dried up reservoirs and dropped the water tables of most aquifers. Privately, Californians know that it was madness not to build reservoirs, all canceled over 30 years ago, or to allow the California Water Project’s infrastructure to decay, or to continue to allow scarce freshwater to flow into the sea, or not to invest in new technologies of underground water savings and storage.

But they also know that as long as the Bay Area’s activists have sufficient supplies of water (from their own early 20th century, far-seeing politicians who created the huge Hetch Hetchy transference and won first-dibs allotments from the subsequent California Water Project), they will continue to push green agendas, the disastrous consequences of which the elite avoid, given their own wealth and power.

High-speed rail is a tragic joke. It is inert and unfinished. The ostentatious half-built overpasses stand like modern graffiti-stained versions of Stonehenge. Its only ostensible purpose seems to have been a green plan to siphon money from road repair and expansion.

Mention San Francisco to a Californian, and the same, monotonous warnings arise: don’t go there! And if you must, don’t park there—since smashing into a car and stealing its contents are viewed as understandable redistribution rather than criminal acts. Others advise checking constantly the soles of your shoes: human and animal excrement is ubiquitous as the city’s sanitation regresses to something resembling Old Cairo or medieval London.

I drive often to the central Sierra. For the last four years the talk there was “Why don’t they do something about the millions of trees that have died from drought and bug infestation?” The locals now say of the incinerated forests “Why don’t they do something about the millions of those charred black trees?” Such sincere questions assume people matter more than ideology. They don’t.

In a state where defecation on the sidewalks apparently hurts no one, drought and fires consuming a forest are also OK—as long as it is likewise deemed a function of nature. In California, logging an acre of timber is insurrectionary; 400,000 acres going up in smoke is “stuff happens.”

Policies and Politicians
    The truth is that the necessities of life—safety, affordability of the essentials, transportation, power, and fuel—are now iffy. If 15 years ago, Americans more or less saw each other as fellow citizens rather than as members of rival tribes, now they are resegregating into Dark Age bands. In place of oral bards and mythic sagas, we have dry and racist “critical race theory.”

There is no media credibility left after assuring us for years that the Steele dossier was the gold standard, that Robert Mueller’s dream team would prove “collusion,” that Donald Trump sicced the federal police on demonstrators for a cheap photo-op stunt, that Hunter Biden’s laptop was Russian disinformation, and that only conspiracists could make a looney connection between COVID-19’s ground zero origins in Wuhan and a nearby Level-4 virology lab, with ties to the Chinese military.

The current chaos of everyday life of course follows from national policy and politics. The streets are on a reverse trajectory into the 1970s, since crime is redefined as either tolerable collateral damage, “equity,” or a collective indictment of society rather than one of individual culpability. When mayors claim that burning a police precinct is a mere loss of “brick and mortar,” or taking over downtown Seattle is just part of a “summer of love,” or when the architect of the “1619 Project” claims looting is not violence, then crime is no longer crime.

The Left says it has not defunded the police because there are still police to be seen. But progressives have done something far more insidious: America has destroyed police deterrence by a year of anti-police venom, by prosecutors selectively and asymmetrically exempting the arrested, and by prompting police retirements, resignations, or simple slowdowns. There is now in the minds of all big-city cops a constant cost-to-benefit calculation: going into the inner city has become a lose/lose/lose/lose/lose proposition in which a 911 call from the danger zone can get an officer killed, injured, fired, suspended, imprisoned, or rendered a fool, as the successfully arrested are summarily let go.

The country has gone mad with debt. Both parties are responsible for the massive spending. The Republican defense is that Democrats would spend even more—and, if they are lavishing entitlements to buy votes, why shouldn’t we?

The Left’s excuse is not just the old idea of redistribution, but a new revolutionary myth that money and debt are really irrelevant constructs. A novel economic pseudoscience has revised or discarded the oppressive idea of having to pay back what was borrowed.

Traditionalists and conservatives always assumed that the military, the intelligence, and investigatory agencies, and the prosecutorial industry were at least above politics, defenders of traditional and constitutional norms, and completely professional in their service.

No longer. There is now a new military-industrial-intelligence-legal complex. Its hierarchy is politically weaponized, and amply remunerated. The careers of John Brennan, James Clapper, James Comey, Andrew McCabe, General Mark Milley, and a score of retired four-star officers, Robert Mueller, and his dream team, and the Department of Justice are characteristically determined and calibrated by politics rather than competence.

The usual consequences follow: half the country no longer trusts its once esteemed FBI, CIA, or military. And when these agencies veer from their assigned tasks, it is no wonder that they miss impending signs of terrorism in Boston, Fort Hood, and San Bernardino, had little clue that the “JVs” of ISIS were expanding in Iraq, and never really informed the American people about the costs, the benefits, the stakes and the likely future of the two-decade Afghan war.

In the 1960s the Left sought to tarnish the reputation of what they saw as hated government institutions and failed; in the 2020s, the Left diminished the reputation of what they now saw as useful and malleable institutions and succeeded.

America does not quite know what will follow from the first months of the Biden Administration. Already, it has managed to destroy the idea of a border, with an anticipated 2 million entering the country illegally over a 12 month period. It demolished the idea of the police and prosecutorial deterrence curbing crime. It is ending the trajectory of America’s natural gas and oil renaissance that enriched the country and freed it from Middle East entanglements. And it killed off the notion that government should seek to ensure that race is not how we collectively define the content of our individual characters.

Abroad
    Meanwhile, our enemies and rivals—China, Iran, and Russia especially—are giddy at what America has become. The American Left, they believe, has done a much better job of denying Chinese culpability for a Chinese-engineered virus than had the Chinese communist media.

When billionaires, such as Michael Bloomberg, see China as essentially democratic (“The Communist Party wants to stay in power in China, and they listen to the public . . . Xi Jinping is not a dictator.”), when Charles Munger applauds their clampdown on outspoken capitalists like Jack Ma (“I don’t want the, all of the Chinese system, but I certainly would like to have the financial part of it in my own country, . . . Communists did the right thing. They just called in Jack Ma and say, ‘You aren’t gonna do it, sonny.’”), and when Bill Gates believes that in the midst of the pandemic, a lying China had done “a lot of things right in the beginning,” we can conclude America’s richest are placing their bets on a Chinese-Communist controlled 21st century, and will adjust accordingly.

Our adversaries can’t quite believe their good fortune. Had they thought up ways to divide and impoverish America, to see its cities burned, and looted, to weaken its economy and currency, to erode the unity of its once-feared military, and to entrench the most effective critics of America in America—not in Beijing, Moscow, Pyongyang, or Tehran, but in corporate boardrooms, campuses, newsrooms, Hollywood, Wall Street, and the Pentagon—they could not have improved on what has happened in 2020-21, the era of our collective meltdown.
    Last edited by thepainterdoug; 6th July 2021 at 21:42.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

cursichella1 (14th July 2021), edina (10th July 2021), greybeard (6th July 2021), Gwin Ru (6th July 2021), Siphonemis (8th July 2021)

33. Link to Post #1417
    Thanks

https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/st...923262464?s=20

Quote Tucker covered Darryl Cooper's epic thread.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...956088321.html

///

Tucker Carlson just did something he rarely does on-air. He read commentary from Twitter, but this wasn’t just any commentary. It was a viral thread by DARRYL COOPER (Martyr Made on Twitter)where he thoroughly explained why Trump supporters believe the election was rigged. It is spot-on!
    every statement in source includes links to the facts of the matters being stated

Quote I think I've had discussions w/enough Boomer-tier Trump supporters who believe the 2020 election was fraudulent to extract a general theory about their perspective. It is also the perspective of most of the people at the Capitol on 1/6, and probably even Trump himself. 1/x

Most believe some or all of the theories involving midnight ballots, voting machines, etc, but what you find when you talk to them is that, while they'll defend those positions w/info they got from Hannity or Breitbart or whatever, they're not particularly attached to them. 2/x

Here are the facts - actual, confirmed facts - that shape their perspective: 1) The FBI/etc spied on the 2016 Trump campaign using evidence manufactured by the Clinton campaign. We now know that all involved knew it was fake from Day 1 (see: Brennan's July 2016 memo, etc). 3/x

These are Tea Party people. The types who give their kids a pocket Constitution for their birthday and have Founding Fathers memes in their bios. The intel community spying on a presidential campaign using fake evidence (incl forged documents) is a big deal to them. 4/x

Everyone involved lied about their involvement as long as they could. We only learned the DNC paid for the manufactured evidence because of a court order. Comey denied on TV knowing the DNC paid for it, when we have emails from a year earlier proving that he knew. 5/x

This was true with everyone, from CIA Dir Brennan & Adam Schiff - who were on TV saying they'd seen clear evidence of collusion w/Russia, while admitting under oath behind closed doors that they hadn't - all the way down the line. In the end we learned that it was ALL fake. 6/x

At first, many Trump ppl were worried there must be some collusion, because every media & intel agency wouldn't make it up out of nothing. When it was clear that they had made it up, people expected a reckoning, and shed many illusions about their gov't when it didn't happen. 7/x

We know as fact: a) The Steele dossier was the sole evidence used to justify spying on the Trump campaign, b) The FBI knew the Steele dossier was a DNC op, c) Steele's source told the FBI the info was unserious, d) they did not inform the court of any of this and kept spying. 8/x

Trump supporters know the collusion case front and back. They went from worrying the collusion must be real, to suspecting it might be fake, to realizing it was a scam, then watched as every institution - agencies, the press, Congress, academia - gaslit them for another year. 9/x

Worse, collusion was used to scare people away from working in the administration. They knew their entire lives would be investigated. Many quit because they were being bankrupted by legal fees. The DoJ, press, & gov't destroyed lives and actively subverted an elected admin. 10/x

This is where people whose political identity was largely defined by a naive belief in what they learned in Civics class began to see the outline of a Regime that crossed all institutional boundaries. Because it had stepped out of the shadows to unite against an interloper. 11/x

GOP propaganda still has many of them thinking in terms of partisan binaries, but A LOT of Trump supporters see that the Regime is not partisan. They all know that the same institutions would have taken opposite sides if it was a Tulsi Gabbard vs Jeb Bush election. 12/x

It's hard to describe to people on the left (who are used to thinking of gov't as a conspiracy... Watergate, COINTELPRO, WMD, etc) how shocking & disillusioning this was for people who encourage their sons to enlist in the Army, and hate ppl who don't stand for the Anthem. 13/x

They could have managed the shock if it only involved the government. But the behavior of the corporate press is really what radicalized them. They hate journalists more than they hate any politician or gov't official, because they feel most betrayed by them. 14/x

The idea that the press is driven by ratings/sensationalism became untenable. If that were true, they'd be all over the Epstein story. The corporate press is the propaganda arm of the Regime they now see in outline. Nothing anyone says will ever make them unsee that, period. 15/x

This is profoundly disorienting. Many of them don't know for certain whether ballots were faked in November 2020, but they know for absolute certain that the press, the FBI, etc would lie to them if there was. They have every reason to believe that, and it's probably true. 16/x

They watched the press behave like animals for four years. Tens of millions of people will always see Kavanaugh as a gang rapist, based on nothing, because of CNN. And CNN seems proud of that. They led a lynch mob against a high school kid. They cheered on a summer of riots. 17/x

They always claimed the media had liberal bias, fine, whatever. They still thought the press would admit truth if they were cornered. Now they don't. It's a different thing to watch them invent stories whole cloth in order to destroy regular lives and spark mass violence. 18/x

Time Mag told us that during the 2020 riots, there were weekly conference calls involving, among others, leaders of the protests, the local officials who refused to stop them, and media people who framed them for political effect. In Ukraine we call that a color revolution. 19/x

Throughout the summer, Democrat governors took advantage of COVID to change voting procedures. It wasn't just the mail-ins (they lowered signature matching standards, etc). After the collusion scam, the fake impeachment, Trump ppl expected shenanigans by now. 20/x

Re: "fake impeachment", we now know that Trump's request for Ukraine to cooperate w/the DOJ regarding Biden's $ activities in Ukraine was in support of an active investigation being pursued by the FBI and Ukraine AG at the time, and so a completely legitimate request. 21/x

Then you get the Hunter laptop scandal. Big Tech ran a full-on censorship campaign against a major newspaper to protect a political candidate. Period. Everyone knows it, all of the Tech companies now admit it was a "mistake" - but, ya know, the election's over, so who cares? 22/x

Goes w/o saying, but: If the NY Times had Don Jr's laptop, full of pics of him smoking crack and engaging in group sex, lots of lurid family drama, emails describing direct corruption and backed up by the CEO of the company they were using, the NYT wouldn't have been banned. 23/x

Think back: Stories about Trump being pissed on by Russian prostitutes and blackmailed by Putin were promoted as fact, and the only evidence was a document paid for by his opposition and disavowed by its source. The NY Post was banned for reporting on true information. 24/x

The reaction of Trump ppl to all this was not, "no fair!" That's how they felt about Romney's "binders of women" in 2012. This is different. Now they see, correctly, that every institution is captured by ppl who will use any means to exclude them from the political process. 25/x

And yet they showed up in record numbers to vote. He got 13m more votes than in 2016, 10m more than Clinton got! As election night dragged on, they allowed themselves some hope. But when the four critical swing states (and only those states) went dark at midnight, they knew. 26/x

Over the ensuing weeks, they got shuffled around by grifters and media scam artists selling them conspiracy theories. They latched onto one, then another increasingly absurd theory as they tried to put a concrete name on something very real. 27/x

Media & Tech did everything to make things worse. Everything about the election was strange - the changes to procedure, unprecedented mail-in voting, the delays, etc - but rather than admit that and make everything transparent, they banned discussion of it (even in DMs!). 28/x

Everyone knows that, just as Don Jr's laptop would've been the story of the century, if everything about the election dispute was the same, except the parties were reversed, suspicions about the outcome would've been Taken Very Seriously. See 2016 for proof. 29/x

Even the courts' refusal of the case gets nowhere w/them, because of how the opposition embraced mass political violence. They'll say, w/good reason: What judge will stick his neck out for Trump knowing he'll be destroyed in the media as a violent mob burns down his house? 30/x

It's a fact, according to Time Magazine, that mass riots were planned in cities across the country if Trump won. Sure, they were "protests", but they were planned by the same people as during the summer, and everyone knows what it would have meant. Judges have families, too. 31/x

Forget the ballot conspiracies. It's a fact that governors used COVID to unconstitutionally alter election procedures (the Constitution states that only legislatures can do so) to help Biden to make up for a massive enthusiasm gap by gaming the mail-in ballot system. 32/x

They knew it was unconstitutional, it's right there in plain English. But they knew the cases wouldn't see court until after the election. And what judge will toss millions of ballots because a governor broke the rules? The threat of mass riots wasn't implied, it was direct. 33/x

a) The entrenched bureaucracy & security state subverted Trump from Day 1, b) The press is part of the operation, c) Election rules were changed, d) Big Tech censors opposition, e) Political violence is legitimized & encouraged, f) Trump is banned from social media. 34/x

They were led down some rabbit holes, but they are absolutely right that their gov't is monopolized by a Regime that believes they are beneath representation, and will observe no limits to keep them getting it. Trump fans should be happy he lost; it might've kept him alive. /end
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 10th July 2021 at 12:19.

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Ankle Biter (10th July 2021), cursichella1 (14th July 2021), edina (10th July 2021), greybeard (10th July 2021), Gwin Ru (10th July 2021), Tintin (10th July 2021)

35. Link to Post #1418
    Thanks

Now also covered here

Quote Darryl Cooper, aka @MartyrMade, has assembled what might be the most accurate summation of why Trump supporters - the vast majority of conservatives - are livid after the past five years. Cooper, a researcher and writer, is the co-host of The Unraveling Podcast with retired US Navy SEAL commander Jocko Willink, and has hosted several deep-dive podcasts on a number of topics.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...trust-anything

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

cursichella1 (14th July 2021), edina (10th July 2021), Gwin Ru (10th July 2021)

37. Link to Post #1419
    Thanks

https://gab.com/realdonaldtrump/post...58599371457534

Quote Donald J Trump
    @realdonaldtrump

3h
    ·
    Very interesting, funny, yet sad, that every time I read or hear a story in the Lamestream Media about the 2020 Presidential Election Scam, it always is preceded by the fact that, “while no evidence of voter fraud is available,” or statements to that effect, this could not be more incorrect or “fake.” Massive evidence has been accumulated which shows voter fraud at a level that is virtually beyond comprehension. The Radical left writers say this nonsense over and over again, and so does the Fake News Media. What is true, is that as evidence comes out, they don’t write about it or bring it forward in any way, shape, or form. Nevertheless, and fortunately, it gets out through the internet and other methods, and the feeling of a Fake Election is stronger now than ever before. Check out the recent story of 35,000 votes in the great State of Georgia, and watch what is happening in Arizona, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and other States. The only reason Detroit, Michigan, is not yet under investigation is because the Republicans in the State Senate are a bunch of weak RINOs that are afraid to act. Detroit is one of the most corrupt places on Earth, and the information is coming out, and fast. In any event, Mainstream Media should stop saying that, “while all the allegations are false,” when they know the exact opposite is true. People and facts are coming out at a level which can only be called “fast and furious.”
    4,322 likes

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

greybeard (11th July 2021), Gwin Ru (11th July 2021)

39. Link to Post #1420
    Thanks

(as received in my inbox via Glenn Greenwald's email list)

Quote Author of the Mega-Viral Thread on MAGA Voters, Darryl Cooper, Explains His Thinking

Author of the Mega-Viral Thread on MAGA Voters, Darryl Cooper, Explains His Thinking
    Tucker Carlson devoted seven minutes of airtime to reading it. Donald Trump heaped praise on it. Why did this Twitter analysis resonate so widely on the right?

Darryl Cooper
    Jul 12

NOTE FROM GLENN GREENWALD: On Friday, a relatively obscure Twitter user with fewer than 7,000 followers — posting under the pseudonym MartyrMade — posted one of the most mega-viral threads of the year. Over the course of thirty-five tweets, the writer, a podcast host whose real name is Darryl Cooper, set out to explain the mindset that has led so many Trump supporters to believe that the 2020 election was fraudulent and, more generally, to lose faith and trust in most U.S. institutions of authority.

Numerous journalists, including me, promoted the thread as one of the most insightful analyses yet published explaining the animating convictions underlying the MAGA movement. That night, Fox News host Tucker Carlson devoted a seven-minute segment to doing nothing more than reading Cooper’s thread. At the CPAC conference on Sunday, former President Donald Trump explicitly recommended the thread using Cooper’s name. In the last four days, Cooper’s Twitter account has gained more than 70,000 followers. Clearly, this thread resonated strongly with that political faction as a true and important explanation of how many MAGA voters have come to understand the world.

For our Outside Voices freelance section, we asked Cooper to elaborate on his influential thread, with a focus on what led him to these observations about prevailing MAGA sentiments and why he believes they are important for people to understand. As Cooper notes, he does not share all of the perceptions and beliefs he is conveying, although he shares many of them. Instead, based on the recognition that most media outlets are incapable of understanding let alone accurately describing the views of a group of people they view with little more than unmitigated contempt, condescension and scorn, he believes it is imperative that people understand the actual reality of what is motivating so many Trump voters in their views, perception and beliefs — regardless of whether each particular belief is accurate or not.

We also believe this understanding is vital, which is why we are happy to publish Cooper’s essay. It should go without saying that, as it true of all of our articles published on Outside Voices -- which we treat as an op-ed page -- our publishing of this article does not signify agreement with all of its claims, but only our belief that it is a viewpoint worth airing.

By Darryl Cooper
    I quit Twitter last August. Quit for good. Other than posting links to two new episodes of my podcast, I stayed away for eight months and didn’t regret a thing. Around mid-June I let myself be persuaded that social media engagement was part of having a podcast, so I dipped back in, promising myself I’d avoid being pulled into politics. Things haven’t gone as planned.

The temptation was disguised cleverly as a conversation with a friend’s mother. She was visiting from upstate New York and we got to talking while my buddy was in the house tending to my goddaughter. She’s a hardcore Trumper from a less cynical generation that believes what she hears from sources she trusts. She’d been hounding her son about the stolen election all week, and he’d been trying to disabuse her of various theories involving trucked-in ballots and hacked counting machines. Now she had me cornered and put the question to me: “Do YOU think the election was legit?” So I told her the truth: I don’t know.

By the time my friend had put the baby to bed and rejoined us, we were waist-deep in a discussion about what happened last year, and she was satisfied that I was on her side. “See?!? He (she meant me) knows what’s going on! I’m not crazy. He’s smart, and HE knows!” My friend pulled the Captain Picard facepalm, and said, “Darryl, what the f*ck are you telling her?”

What I told her was some version of the Twitter thread Tucker Carlson read on air Friday night and which President Trump, using my name, then explicitly promoted in his speech to CPAC on Sunday, which has blown my inbox, and my promise to stay away from politics, to smithereens.

I told her I didn’t know much about the ballots, or the voting machines, or some company that she’d heard had ties to Venezuela. I didn’t follow Sidney Powell, or Lin Wood, or the details of the cases proceeding through the system. I think it was around the time Rudy Giuliani chose a landscape & gardening emporium as the location for a press conference on what would have been the greatest political scandal in American history that I made the conscious decision to stop paying attention. Or maybe it was the dripping hair dye, or something about a kraken — it’s all sort of blended together these days.

But I felt for her. She wasn’t the first person with whom I’d had the discussion, and I felt for all of them. I’ve had the discussion often enough that I feel comfortable extracting a general theory about where these people are coming from.

Like my friend’s mother, most of them believe some or all of the theories involving fraudulent ballots, voting machines, and the rest. Scratch the surface and you’ll find that they’re not particularly attached to any one of them. The specific theories were almost a kind of synecdoche, a concrete symbol representing a deeply felt, but difficult to describe, sense that whatever happened in 2020, it was not a meaningfully democratic presidential election. The counting delays, the last-minute changes to election procedures, the unprecedented coordinated censorship campaign by Big Tech in defense of Biden were all understood as the culmination of the pan-institutional anti-Trump campaign they’d watched unfold for over four years.

Many of them deny it now, but a lot of 2016 Trump voters were worried during the early stages of the Russia collusion investigation. True, the evidence seemed thin, and the very idea that the US & allied security apparatus would allow Trump to take office if they really thought he might be under Russian blackmail seemed a bit preposterous on its face. But to many conservatives in 2016 and early 2017, it seemed equally preposterous that the institutions they trusted, and even the ones they didn’t, would go all-in on a story if there wasn’t at least something to it. Imagine the consequences for these institutions if it turned out there was nothing to it.

We now know that the FBI and other intelligence agencies conducted covert surveillance against members of the Trump campaign based on evidence manufactured by political operatives working for the Clinton campaign, both before and after the election. We know that those involved with the investigation knew the accusations of collusion were part of a campaign “approved by Hillary Clinton… to vilify Donald Trump by stirring up a scandal claiming interference by the Russian security service.” They might have expected such behavior from the Clintons — politics is a violent game and Hillary’s got a lot of scalps on her wall. But many of the people watching this happen were Tea Party types, in spirit if not in actual fact. They give their kids a pocket Constitution for their birthday. They have Yellow Ribbon bumper stickers, and fly the POW/MIA flag under the front-porch Stars and Stripes, and curl their lip at people who talk during the National Anthem at ballgames. They’re the people who believed their institutions when they were told Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. To them, the intel community using fake evidence (including falsified documents) to spy on a presidential campaign is a big deal.

It may surprise many liberals, but most conservative normies actually know the Russia collusion case front and back. A whole ecosystem sprouted up to pore over every new development, and conservatives followed the details as avidly as any follower of liberal conspiracy theorists Seth Abramson or Marcy Wheeler. When the world learned of the infamous meeting between Trump campaign officials and Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya, it seemed like a problem and many Trump supporters took it seriously. Deep down, even those who rejected the possibility of open collusion worried that one of Trump’s inexperienced family members, or else a sketchy operative glomming onto the campaign, might have done something that, whatever its real gravity, could be successfully framed in a manner to sway a dozen of John McCain’s friends in the Senate.

Then, Trump supporters learned that Veselnitskaya was working with Fusion GPS, the political research and PR firm used by the Clinton campaign to formulate and spread the collusion accusations. They learned that the anti-Clinton information that was supposed to be the subject of the notorious meeting was provided by the same firm. They learned that she’d had dinner with Glenn Simpson, the owner of Fusion GPS, both the day before, and the day after the meeting. Needless to say, Trump supporters were skeptical of Simpson’s claim that Veselnitskaya’s meeting with Trump campaign officials never came up during either of their dinner dates, given that the content of the meeting was alleged to be the very treasonous, impeachable crime his firm was being paid to investigate and publicize.

There’s no need to relive all the details of the Russia collusion scam. The point is that conservatives were following it all very closely, in real time, and they noticed when things didn’t add up. After James Comey told Fox News’ Bret Baier that, even at the time of their interview in April 2018, he didn’t know who had funded the Steele dossier, conservatives noticed when the December 2019 DOJ Inspector General’s report showed that he had been informed of the dossier’s provenance in October 2016. And they asked themselves: Why would he lie? Lying to investigators about one’s knowledge of or involvement in a potentially criminal act is often taken as consciousness of guilt.

This was the bone that stuck in conservatives’ craw throughout the two years of hysteria over Russia. Why would Comey lie about knowing where the dossier came from? Why would the people involved claim to have seen evidence that never seemed to materialize? If the point of the Special Counsel is to take the investigation out of the hands of line investigators to avoid the appearance of political influence, why staff the office with known partisans and the same FBI personnel who originated and oversaw the case? Why was the relationship between Russian lawyer Veselnitskaya and Fusion GPS being dismissed as irrelevant? Why were people who must know better continuing to insist that the Steele dossier was originally funded by Republicans long after the claim had been debunked? Why wasn’t the media asking even these most obvious questions? And why were they giving themselves awards for refusing to ask those questions, and viciously attacking journalists who did ask them? These journalists are intelligent people — at least they present that way on television. Is it possible that these questions simply had not occurred to them? It seemed unlikely.

Many Trump supporters reasoned that it was simply not possible to carry on this campaign without some degree of coordination. That coordination perhaps did not take place in smoke-filled rooms (though they weren’t ruling it out), but at least through incentives, pressure, and vague but certain threats all well-understood by people who moved about in the same professional and social class, and who complained that they could “smell the Trump support” when they were unfortunate enough to have to patronize a Wal-Mart.

If there was a time when Trump supporters feared Robert Mueller’s goon squad, that time had passed by the 2018 midterm elections. Conservatives knew by then the whole case was bunk, and they were salivating at the prospect of watching him get chopped up by the likes of Jim Jordan and Devin Nunes. And he did.

The collusion case wasn’t only used to damage Trump in the polls or distract from his political agenda. It was used as an open threat to keep people from working in the administration. Taking a job in the Trump administration meant having one’s entire life investigated for anything that could fill CNN’s anti-Trump content requirement for another few days, whether or not it held up to scrutiny. Many administration employees quit because they were being bankrupted by legal fees due to an investigation that was known by its progenitors to be a political operation. The Department of Justice, press, and government used falsehoods to destroy lives and actively subvert an elected administration almost from the start. Perhaps worst of all, some portion of the American population was driven to the edge of madness by two years of being told that American politics had become a real-life version of The Manchurian Candidate. And not by Alex Jones, but by intelligence chiefs and politicians, amplified by media organizations which threw every ounce of their accumulated credibility behind the insanity.

For two years, Trump supporters had been called traitors and Russian bots for casting ballots for “Vladimir Putin’s c*ck holster.” They’d been subjected to a two-year gaslighting campaign by politicians, government agencies, and elite media. It took real fortitude to stand up to the unanimous mockery and scorn of these powerful institutions. But those institutions had gambled their power and credibility, and they’d lost, and now Trump supporters expected a reckoning. When no reckoning was forthcoming - when the Greenwalds, and Taibbis, and Matés of the world were not handed the New York Times’ revoked Pulitzers for correctly and courageously standing against the tsunami on the biggest political story in years - these people shed many illusions about how power really operates in their country.

Trump supporters know - I think everyone knows - that Donald Trump would have been impeached and probably indicted if Robert Mueller had proven that he’d paid a foreign spy to gather damaging information on Hillary Clinton from sources connected to Russian intelligence and disseminate that information in the press. Many of Trump’s own supporters wouldn’t have objected to his removal if that had happened. Of course that is exactly what the Clinton campaign actually did, yet there were no consequences for it. Indeed, there has been almost no criticism of it.

Trump supporters had gone from worrying the collusion might be real, to suspecting it might be fake, to seeing proof that it was all a scam. Then they watched as every institution - government agencies, the press, Congressional committees, academia - blew right past it and gaslit them for another year. To this day, something like half the country still believes that Trump was caught red-handed engaging in treason with Russia, and only escaped a public hanging because of a DOJ technicality regarding the indictment of sitting presidents. Most galling, conservatives suspect that within a few decades liberals will use their command over the culture to ensure that virtually everyone believes it. This is where people whose political identities have for decades been largely defined by a naive belief in what they learned in civics class began to see the outline of a Regime that crossed not only partisan, but all institutional boundaries. They'd been taught that America didn't have Regimes, but what else was this thing they'd seen step out from the shadows to unite against their interloper president?

GOP propaganda still has many conservatives thinking in terms of partisan binaries. Even the dreaded RINO (Republican-In-Name-Only) slur serves the purposes of the party, because it implies that the Democrats represent an irreconcilable opposition. But many Trump supporters see clearly that the Regime is not partisan. They know that the same institutions would have taken opposite sides if it had been a Tulsi Gabbard vs. Jeb Bush election. It’s hard to describe to people on the Left, who are used to thinking of American government as a conspiracy and are weaned on stories about Watergate, COINTELPRO, and Saddam’s WMD, how shocking and disillusioning this was for people who encouraged their sons and daughters to go fight for their country when George W. Bush declared war on Iraq.

They could have managed the shock if it only involved the government. But the behavior of the press is what radicalized them. Trump supporters have more contempt for journalists than they have for any politician or government official, because they feel most betrayed by them. The idea that the corporate press is driven by ratings and sensationalism has become untenable over the last several years. If that were true, there’d be a microphone in the face of every executive branch official demanding to know what the former Secretary of Labor meant when he said that Jeffrey Epstein “belonged to intelligence.” The corporate press is the propaganda arm of the Regime these people are now seeing in outline. Nothing anyone says will ever make them unsee that, period.

This is profoundly disorienting. Again, we’re not talking about pre-2016 Greenwald readers or even Ron Paul libertarians, who swallowed half a bottle of red pills long ago. These are people who attacked Edward Snowden for “betraying his country,” and who only now are beginning to see that they might have been wrong. It’s not because the parties have been reversed, and it’s not because they’re bitter over losing. They just didn’t know. If any country is going to function over the long-term, not everyone can be a revolutionary. Most people have to believe what they’re told and go with the flow most of the time. These were those people. I’m pretty conservative by temperament, but most of my political friends are on the Left. I spend a good deal of our conversations simply trying to convince them that these people are not demons, and that this political moment is pregnant with opportunity.

Many Trump supporters don’t know for certain whether ballots were faked in November 2020, but they know with apodictic certainty that the press, the FBI, and even the courts would lie to them if they were. They have every reason to believe that, and it’s probably true. They watched the corporate press behave like animals for four years. Tens of millions of people will always see Brett Kavanaugh as a gang rapist, based on an unproven accusation, because of CNN. And CNN seems proud of that. They helped lead a lynch mob against a high school kid. They cheered on the most deadly and destructive riots in decades.

Conservatives have always complained that the media had a liberal bias. Fine, whatever: they still thought the press would admit the truth if they were cornered. They don’t believe that anymore. What they’ve witnessed in recent years has shown them that the corporate press will say anything, do anything, to achieve a political objective, or simply to ruin someone they perceive as an opponent. Since my casual Twitter thread ended up in the mouths of Tucker Carlson and Donald Trump, I’ve received hundreds of messages from people saying that I should prepare to be targeted. Others don’t think that will happen, but even most of them don’t think it’s an irrational concern. We’ve seen an elderly lady receive physical threats after a CNN reporter accosted her at home to accuse her of aiding Kremlin disinformation ops. We’ve seen them threaten to dox someone for making a humorous meme.
    Throughout 2020, the corporate press used its platform to excuse and encourage political violence. Time Magazine told us that during the 2020 riots, there were weekly conference calls involving - among others - leaders of the protests, local officials responsible for managing them, and members of the media charged with reporting on the events. They worked together with Silicon Valley to control the messaging about the ongoing crisis for maximum political effect. In case of a Trump victory, the same organization had protesters ready to be activated by text message in 400 cities the day after the election. Every town with a population over 50,000 would have been in for some pre-planned, centrally-controlled mayhem. In other countries we call that a color revolution.

Throughout the summer, establishment governors took advantage of COVID to change voting procedures, often over the protests of the state legislatures. It wasn’t only the mass mailing of live ballots: they also lowered signature matching standards, axed existing voter ID and notarization requirements, and more. Many people reading this might think those were necessary changes, either due to the virus or to prevent potential voter suppression. I won’t argue the point, but the fact is that the US Constitution states plainly that “The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections... shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof.” As far as conservatives were concerned, state governors used COVID to unconstitutionally usurp their legislatures’ authority to unilaterally alter voting procedures just months before an election in order to help Biden make up for a massive enthusiasm gap by gaming the mail-in ballot system. Lawyers can argue over the legitimacy of the procedural modifications; the point is that conservatives believe in their bones - and I think they’re probably right - that the cases would have been treated differently, in both the media and in court, if the parties were reversed.

And then came the Hunter Biden laptop scandal. Liberals dismiss the incident because, after four years of obsessing over the activities of the Trump children, they insist they’re not interested in the behavior of the candidate’s family members. But this misses the point entirely. Big Tech ran a coordinated censorship campaign against a major American newspaper while the rest of the media spread base propaganda to protect a political candidate. And once again, the campaign crossed institutional boundaries, with dozens of former intelligence officials throwing their weight behind the baseless and now-discredited claim that the laptop was part of a Russian disinformation campaign. That lie was promoted by Big Tech companies, while the true information being reported by The New York Post about the laptop’s contents was suppressed. That is what happened.

Even the tech companies themselves now admit it was a “mistake” - Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey said it was an error and apologized - but the election is over, Joe Biden has appointed Facebook’s government regulations executive as his ethics arbiter, so who cares, right? It hardly needs saying that if The New York Times had Donald Trump Jr.’s laptop, full of pictures of him smoking crack and engaging in group sex, lots of lurid family drama, and emails with pretty direct discussions of political corruption, the Paper of Record would not have had its accounts suspended for reporting on it. Let’s remember that stories of Trump being pissed on by Russian prostitutes and blackmailed by Putin were promoted as fact across the media spectrum and used as the basis for a multi-year criminal investigation, when the only evidence was a document paid for by his opposition and disavowed by its primary source.

The reaction of Trump supporters to all this was not, “no fair!” That was how they felt about Romney’s “binders of women” in 2012 or Harry Reid’s lie that Romney paid no federal taxes. This is different. Now they were beginning to see, accurately, that the institutions of their country — all of them — had been captured by people prepared to use any means to exclude them from the political process. And yet they showed up in record numbers to vote. Trump got 13 million more votes than in 2016 - 10 million more than Hillary Clinton had gotten.

As election day became election night and the tallies rolled in, Trump supporters allowed themselves some hope. But when the four critical swing states (and only those states) went dark around midnight, they knew.

Over the following weeks, they were shuffled around between honest critics, online grifters, and media scam artists selling them conspiracy theories. They latched onto one then another increasingly outlandish theory as they tried to put a concrete name on something very real, of which election day was only the culmination. Media and Big Tech did all they could to make things worse. Everything about the election was strange, confusing, and unprecedented - the changes to procedure, unprecedented mail-in voting, counting delays, etc - but rather than admit that and bring everything into the open, they banned discussion of it (even in private messages!), and launched an absurd propaganda campaign telling us that it was - I’m not making this up - the most well-run and secure election in American history.

Conservatives know - again, I think probably everyone knows - that just as Don Jr.’s laptop would have been the story of the century, if everything about the election dispute was the same, except the parties were reversed, suspicions about the outcome would have been taken very seriously. See 2016 for proof.

Even the judiciary had forfeited its credibility with these voters because of the opposition’s embrace of political violence. Trump supporters say, with good reason: What judge will stick his neck out for Trump knowing he’ll be destroyed in the media as a violent mob burns down his house? Maybe most judges would do their jobs, but given the events of the last four years it’s not an unreasonable concern, and the concern itself is enough to cast the whole system in doubt. Again, we know, thanks to Time Magazine, that riots were planned in cities across the country if Trump had won. Sure, they were “protests”, but they were planned by the same people as during the summer, and everyone knows what it would have meant. The Chamber of Commerce took the threat of a second round of destruction of its members’ property seriously enough to offer its assistance to the “well-funded cabal of powerful people, ranging across industries and ideologies, working together behind the scenes to influence perceptions, change rules and laws, steer media coverage and control the flow of information” - Time’s words, not mine.

Trump voters were adamant that the governors’ changes to election procedures were unconstitutional. Everything in law is open to interpretation, but it doesn’t require a Harvard Law degree to read Article 1, Section 4 (quoted above) and come to that conclusion. But they also knew the cases wouldn’t see a courtroom until after the election, and what judge was going to make a ruling that would be framed as a judicial coup d’etat just because some governors didn’t go through the proper channels? Even a judge willing to accept the personal risk would have also to be willing to inflict the chaos that would follow on the country. Even a well-intentioned judge could convince himself that, whatever happened or didn’t happen, as a public servant he had no right to impose an opinion guaranteed to lead to mass violence - because the threat was not implied, it was direct. Some Trump supporters, unfortunately, thought the license for political violence applied to everyone; the hundreds of them now sitting in federal jails learned the hard way that it wasn’t true.

From the perspective of Trump’s supporters, the entrenched bureaucracy and security state subverted their populist president from day one. The natural guardrails of the Fourth Estate were removed because the press was part of the operation. Election rules were changed in an unconstitutional manner that could only be challenged after the deed was done, when judges and officials would be playing chicken with a direct threat of burning cities. Political violence was legitimized and encouraged. Major newspapers and sitting presidents were banned from social media, while the opposition enjoyed free rein to promote stories that were discredited once it was too late to matter. Conservatives put these things together and concluded that, whatever happened on November 3, 2020, it was not a free and fair democratic election in any sense that would have had meaning before Donald J. Trump was a candidate.

Trump supporters were led down some rabbit holes. But they are absolutely right that the institutions and power centers of this country have been monopolized by a Regime that believes they are beneath representation, and will observe no limits to prevent them getting it. I encourage people on the Left to recognize the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity in front of them. You’re not going to agree with the conservatives on everything. But if in 2004 I had told you that the majority of the GOP voter base would soon be seeing the folly of the Iraq War, becoming skeptical of state surveillance, and beginning to see the need for action to help the poor and working classes, you’d have told me such a thing would transform the country. Take the opportunity. These people are not demons, and they are ready to listen in a way they haven’t in a long, long time.

You’re on the free list for Outside Voices. For the full experience, become a paying subscriber.
    Subscribe
    © 2021 Glenn Greenwald Unsubscribe
    548 Market Street PMB 72296, San Francisco, CA 94104

Last edited by mountain_jim; 12th July 2021 at 23:57.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

cursichella1 (14th July 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 79 FirstFirst 1 21 61 71 79 LastLast