1. Link to Post #81
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

Default Re: From Stillness into a Trump Victory

CONCLUSION

Last edited by iota; 17th January 2021 at 18:23. Reason: took away words changed meme
    We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Blacklight43 (17th January 2021), Icare (18th January 2021), magicmanx (19th January 2021)

3. Link to Post #82
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 532 posts

Quote Posted by Arcturian108 (here)
    Folks,
    This is Saturday, January 16th, and somehow I am feeling more confident that Trump has a plan. If he just walks away he will be hounded for the rest of his life, and probably "suicided". We are already seeing that banks and corporations are attacking his business empire. So I just cannot feel in my heart that he can do that, and threaten the lives of his whole family too. So, everything is being left to the last minute, and now I understand why - because surprise is necessary in this game where winner takes all.
    I continue to meditate twice a day for victory for humanity. So much depends upon the next few days. If good wins over evil, I might announce a face diaper burning party!
    He cannot do this alone, especially as he seems very isolated from any kind of help.
    If he truly does the magic, it will be because he has had his back covered by the military all along and it has been that supposed plan operating since Kennedy died.
    Seeing all the military power in Washington right now, I wonder what it all means.
    They even supposedly have F-16 jets ready to go.
    That's just crazy!
    It's either the Dems with CIA planning false flags, or it's Trump and the military getting ready to take control.
    It's never been so polarized and I guess almost nobody knows on which side the coin will drop on.
    Wow

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Olam For This Post:

Arcturian108 (17th January 2021), iota (17th January 2021), Reinhard (18th January 2021)

5. Link to Post #83
    United States Avalon Member Arcturian108's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,329 times in 930 posts

From today's Epoch Times, a message concerning Martin Luther King:

“We must use time creatively, in the knowledge that the time is always ripe to do right. Now is the time to make real the promise of democracy and transform our pending national elegy into a creative psalm of brotherhood.”

That was from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s 1963 “Letter from a Birmingham Jail.” The letter was written while King was detained in solitary confinement for taking part in the Birmingham Campaign against racial segregation.

After reading an article published in a local newspaper about religious leaders condemning his nonviolent demonstrations, King began to put together his response to them, which led to this famous letter.

At first he wrote in the margins of the newspaper he was given; he later moved on to using scraps of paper, and then finally a legal pad provided by his lawyers. After his letter was compiled and typed out by his associates, it was 21 pages of double-spaced type long.

“I can assure you that it would have been much shorter if I had been writing from a comfortable desk, but what else can one do when he is alone in a narrow jail cell, other than write long letters, think long thoughts and pray long prayers?” writes King.

The words that came out of that narrow jail cell were not ones of sorrow. They were filled with a rational hope that drew upon the wisdom of many before him. They were filled with a quiet optimism built upon his steadfast faith in God and the founding principles of our nation.

“I have no despair about the future,” he writes near the end of his letter. “I have no fear about the outcome of our struggle in Birmingham, even if our motives are at present misunderstood. We will reach the goal of freedom in Birmingham and all over the nation, because the goal of America is freedom.”

King was arrested 29 times during his fight for civil rights.

But despite this, his rational hope and quiet optimism would produce widespread change. One year after he wrote that letter, Congress passed the Civil Rights Act that outlawed racial segregation, and a year after that, it passed the Voting Rights Act that bolstered African Americans’ right to vote.

When accepting his Nobel Peace Prize in 1964, King’s speech left us with one of his most iconic lines:

“I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.”

These words—of goodness, hope, faith, and resilience in the face of injustice—serve as a reminder that, when we call upon our higher nature, it can guide us through the darkest of times.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arcturian108 For This Post:

Ami (19th January 2021), Anchor (20th January 2021), magicmanx (19th January 2021), onawah (20th January 2021), Sue (Ayt) (19th January 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5