+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Destiny: are some people destined for greatness?

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,427 times in 1,706 posts

Default Destiny: are some people destined for greatness?

...or do they bring about what was a foregone destination.

What do fellow Avalonians think. Let us know.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Anka (10th November 2020), Bill Ryan (9th November 2020), Brigantia (10th November 2020), Forest Denizen (10th November 2020), Franny (11th November 2020), Harmony (9th November 2020), Hermoor (9th November 2020), Hym (9th November 2020), Inversion (9th November 2020), Ioneo (9th November 2020), iota (11th November 2020), Jayke (9th November 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (9th November 2020), Lunesoleil (10th November 2020), rgray222 (9th November 2020), RunningDeer (9th November 2020), Sadieblue (9th November 2020), Stephanie (9th November 2020), thepainterdoug (10th November 2020), Wind (9th November 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,550 times in 32,726 posts

Default Re: Destiny: are some people destined for greatness?

Quote Posted by East Sun (here)

"Destiny" is rather a fuzzy term, implying that one's experiences are all decided or directed by some agency external to oneself.

The truth is much more like we all plan our game strategy for each successive lifetime. Not in fine detail — or it'd not be a game! — but in general, in terms of waypoints, desired experiences, meetups with old friends and enemies, and goals. (But because others are also doing the same thing, and conflicts may occur, one doesn't always achieve what one wants.)

4. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Anka (10th November 2020), Brigantia (10th November 2020), Creedence (9th November 2020), East Sun (9th November 2020), Ernie Nemeth (11th November 2020), Forest Denizen (10th November 2020), Franny (11th November 2020), Harmony (9th November 2020), HaveBlue (15th November 2020), Hermoor (9th November 2020), Hym (9th November 2020), Inversion (9th November 2020), Ioneo (9th November 2020), iota (11th November 2020), Jayke (9th November 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (9th November 2020), O Donna (9th November 2020), rgray222 (9th November 2020), RunningDeer (9th November 2020), Sadieblue (9th November 2020), Stephanie (9th November 2020), thepainterdoug (10th November 2020), Tyy1907 (11th November 2020), Wind (9th November 2020), Yoda (9th November 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,881 times in 612 posts

I suppose this would depends on what you consider greatness! My life is not predetermined so my “destiny” changes.
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

6. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Anka (10th November 2020), Bill Ryan (9th November 2020), Brigantia (10th November 2020), East Sun (9th November 2020), Ernie Nemeth (11th November 2020), Forest Denizen (10th November 2020), Franny (11th November 2020), Harmony (9th November 2020), Hermoor (9th November 2020), Hym (9th November 2020), Inversion (9th November 2020), iota (11th November 2020), Jayke (9th November 2020), O Donna (9th November 2020), rgray222 (9th November 2020), RunningDeer (9th November 2020), Sadieblue (9th November 2020), Stephanie (9th November 2020), Wind (9th November 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,003 times in 2,188 posts

While I don't really know the answer I think that we have set the parameters for our life before we get here. It is up to us to find greatness (whatever that may be) through our own efforts after we arrive. One of the things that always fascinates me is that many famous people seem to be friends. For instance, Tesla was friends with Mark Twain, Ruyard Kipling and Rontgen (invented XRays). Claude Monet was friends with Renoir, Brazille. Ed Sheeran best friend is James Blunt. Elon Musk is great friends with Larry Page (founder google). The list just seems to go on and on. Maybe greatness in one person sparks greatness in others.
    Last edited by rgray222; 10th November 2020 at 03:07.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Anka (10th November 2020), Bill Ryan (9th November 2020), Brigantia (10th November 2020), East Sun (9th November 2020), Ernie Nemeth (11th November 2020), Forest Denizen (10th November 2020), Harmony (10th November 2020), Hermoor (9th November 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (10th November 2020), Lunesoleil (10th November 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,820 times in 1,070 posts

Sure they are. It's a talent like any other and talent will out in all of its forms.

Living a good life without having any blood on your hands is one form of greatness. Many people are already great in that respect.
    Last edited by Hermoor; 9th November 2020 at 21:33.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hermoor For This Post:

Ami (10th November 2020), Anka (10th November 2020), Bill Ryan (9th November 2020), Brigantia (10th November 2020), East Sun (9th November 2020), Ernie Nemeth (11th November 2020), Forest Denizen (10th November 2020), Harmony (10th November 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (10th November 2020), rgray222 (10th November 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    While I don't really know the answer I think that we have set the parameters for our life before we get here. It is up to us to find greatness (whatever that may be) through our own efforts after we arrive. One of the things that always facscinates me is that many famous people seem to be friends. For instance, Tesla was friends with Mark Twain, Ruyard Kipling and Rontgen (invented XRays). Claude Monet was friends with Renoir, Brazille. Ed Sheeran best friend is James Blunt. Elon Musk is great friends with Larry Page (founder google). The list just seems to go on and on. Maybe greatness in one person sparks greatness in others.
    rgrey222,
    How do you know this?

I can't imagine us from a previous life determining what we want to be or accomplish in a
    pre supposed future existence.

Would it not depend on what we did good or bad in our previous and current life.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Anka (10th November 2020), Bill Ryan (10th November 2020), Brigantia (10th November 2020), Forest Denizen (10th November 2020), Harmony (10th November 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (10th November 2020), rgray222 (10th November 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,442 times in 1,007 posts

I believe that before destiny, "we are". I was born to walk and be gentle.
    I don't think that words can do any justice to a concept, I think it's just an experience, so I experience it, what else could I do but experience it beautifully.
    If nature is to contemplate it then so be it, if a beach is waiting for me there to walk on it, I walk with pleasure.

But I want to say that it is something special about the simple act of walking through life, sometimes it is simply meditative.
    For me, that means being human, alive, existing, you know? The beach is there, the path is there, the freedom at my feet is there, that can mean that in all my acceptance, I can walk and for me this is a kind of remembrance of destiny in every present.
    There is nothing nicer than making people laugh, making them feel loved, and if that could be a great thing, then it can certainly be given through the simplest and most prompt sincere choices. I love that, it's good for me to do it too.

I want to walk in this space as if I was first accepted, so I do not want to leave it without leaving something beautiful and gentle. It is wonderful to be able to give something, and this is written in the will of anyone . If I can bring joy to anyone, then it is touching for me too, I feel like I have done something, there are many opportunities to be helpful, we do not need a prelude to perfection to recognize the smile of those around us or to feel the pure emotion of being human, the journey is the path itself and any choice I made may have been a right opportunity because for me, simplicity is the greatest.

Just peace.
    And all this to be just human.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th November 2020), Brigantia (10th November 2020), East Sun (10th November 2020), Ernie Nemeth (11th November 2020), Forest Denizen (10th November 2020), Franny (11th November 2020), Harmony (10th November 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (10th November 2020), Lunesoleil (10th November 2020), rgray222 (10th November 2020), Sarah Rainsong (11th November 2020), Wind (10th November 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,066 times in 3,146 posts

i always find this to be a great question. are great people born or made?

MY DEFINITION HERE OF Great= a collective of accomplishments and accolades that reverberates to the many with general consensus.) not perfect but

most of my thoughts on our journey here is by way of NDEan OBE experiencers. It seems that karma has little to do with it. we choose to come here, we have always existed and live many lives, and we will go on after this one. we are supposed to just experience.

yet all this is so hard for me to believe. its so hard to think we would choose certain lives here. its a hard and painful place and as we get sick or age, just gets harder. and the way out can be so hard and painful. why ??

why doesnt everyone choose to live a great life here? to incarnate as someone who offers so much to so many?

But we need to remember, anything that doesnt last, anything of matter and so on . Isnt real anyway .

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th November 2020), Brigantia (10th November 2020), East Sun (10th November 2020), Ernie Nemeth (11th November 2020), Harmony (10th November 2020), HaveBlue (15th November 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (10th November 2020), Lunesoleil (10th November 2020), rgray222 (10th November 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,881 times in 612 posts

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    i always find this to be a great question. are great people born or made?

MY DEFINITION HERE OF Great= a collective of accomplishments and accolades that reverberates to the many with general consensus.) not perfect but

most of my thoughts on our journey here is by way of NDEan OBE experiencers. It seems that karma has little to do with it. we choose to come here, we have always existed and live many lives, and we will go on after this one. we are supposed to just experience.

yet all this is so hard for me to believe. its so hard to think we would choose certain lives here. its a hard and painful place and as we get sick or age, just gets harder. and the way out can be so hard and painful. why ??

why doesnt everyone choose to live a great life here? to incarnate as someone who offers so much to so many?

But we need to remember, anything that doesnt last, anything of matter and so on . Isnt real anyway .
    The physical manifestation of a person is the act of being born. But we are made long before that. We would all pick a great life but there are outside influences that spin us in another direction.
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th November 2020), Brigantia (10th November 2020), East Sun (10th November 2020), Ernie Nemeth (11th November 2020), Franny (11th November 2020), Harmony (10th November 2020), rgray222 (10th November 2020), thepainterdoug (11th November 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,290 times in 1,184 posts

Destiny,
    We were both destined
    To see our paths meet
    To love each other without asking why
    You and me
    Destiny,
    No need to run away or fight
    It's written in our destiny
    You won't be able to escape it
    It's serious
    The future,
    In spite of ourselves must always become
    All our unexpected, imagined, unacknowledged desires for love In life,
    No day is the same you are bored
    You wait for the sun impatiently, madly, passionately.
    Destiny,
    I had guessed for a long time
    That to you love was going to chain me
    When I meet somewhere your gaze
    Destiny,
    Where are you you who are meant for me
    If you ever recognize yourself
    I would like to hear you scream
    Call me
    Destiny,
    Once again the heart torn
    I am a cleansed clown
    The big curtain has just falleny
    On summer Destiny,
    We were both destined
    To see our paths meet
    You and me
    Destiny,
    We were both destined
    To see our paths meet
    You and me
    Destiny
    No need to run away or fight
    It's written in our destiny
    You won't be able to escape it
    It's serious Destiny
    Once again with a torn heart
    I am a cleansed clown
    The big curtain has just fallen
    On summer

Source: Musixmatch Lyricists:
    Vladimir Cosma

Yes we all have a destiny and several paths to get there. The important thing is not the condition of departure, but the arrival at destination. We all have a purpose by choosing our soul
    Last edited by Lunesoleil; 10th November 2020 at 09:16.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Brigantia (10th November 2020), East Sun (10th November 2020), thepainterdoug (11th November 2020)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,003 times in 2,188 posts

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    While I don't really know the answer I think that we have set the parameters for our life before we get here. It is up to us to find greatness (whatever that may be) through our own efforts after we arrive. One of the things that always facscinates me is that many famous people seem to be friends. For instance, Tesla was friends with Mark Twain, Ruyard Kipling and Rontgen (invented XRays). Claude Monet was friends with Renoir, Brazille. Ed Sheeran best friend is James Blunt. Elon Musk is great friends with Larry Page (founder google). The list just seems to go on and on. Maybe greatness in one person sparks greatness in others.
    rgrey222,
    How do you know this?

I can't imagine us from a previous life determining what we want to be or accomplish in a
    pre supposed future existence.

Would it not depend on what we did good or bad in our previous and current life.
    I don't pretend to have the answers but I believe we are the product of an accumulation of past lives. I also believe that we have quite a bit of imput into our next life. I believe we are living the life that we need to live in order to gain from that experience.

To answer your question I think it has nothing to do with good or bad it is all about the experience and what you ( your soul) takes away from it. You may do something horrible in your life but if you spend the remainder of your days coming to grips with what you did, fully understanding and appreciating the impact of your actions and asking for forgiveness maybe that is a good life, a life lived with purpose.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

East Sun (11th November 2020), Ernie Nemeth (11th November 2020), thepainterdoug (11th November 2020), Wind (13th November 2020)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Don't have answers either.. Just drawing on what I have learned and experienced.

Which is not by any means anything but speculation just like everyone else.

I mostly believe in reincarnation as that is the only thing I have gotten evidence of and
    that was from Dr Stevenson's book.

If we could determine a next life why would we not try and make the best we could but
    who knows what the options would be. We might opt for a glorious life by being
    selfish. and maybe pay the price later.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

rgray222 (11th November 2020), thepainterdoug (11th November 2020)

25. Link to Post #13
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,590 times in 5,379 posts

I would say that everyone is destined to be here now. Or else it would be another now and not here.

They say destiny favors the bold. It seems destiny hedges its bets.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

26. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

I can make two contributions here: (1) deals with "Greatness.': (2) deals with two memories of reincarnation, and my mother some weeks after she died to life here.
    (1) When my brother was a preteen, he and a friend, met Donald Trump who was at the time even younger. He must have been 7 years old. This was in Astoria, Queens, New York City. At that time, apparently, Donald's father was a builder in Queens. My brother related to me that this little fellow said in a confident manner that he was going to be a Great Man, or words to that effect. It has come true.

(2) I have had at least three glimpses of reincarnation, very brief. (a) I jumped off of the steeple of what looked like an Anglican Church. In another vision of this, there were soldiers with bayonets chasing me. I felt the horrible sensation of falling and found myself in my bed as a young child. (b) At this young age, for some reason I have never been able to fathom, I was terrified of black feathers. Not too long ago, a memory opened up. I was sitting on a chair in a nursing home and talking to myself about an observation I was making. Either in fact or in memory there were two women somehow connected with me and their backs were to me. One was seated and of a quiet disposition. The other was rather full of herself dressed completely in black with a fabulous feather Boa over her shoulders. The feathers were all black and seemed to be a mixture of peacock and ostrich feathers. (I looked up fashion history and placed this around the 1930's. As I sat there I was telling myself that this was a memory of my past in another life. Along came a young man dressed in a grey sweat suite. I recognized him as a male nurse. He looked Scandinavian. I decided to stop talking to myself lest he throw me in the loony bin. This experience told me something unusual, and that is that many elderly people are experiencing more than one dimension and thus may appear confused to others. The memory curtain is thinning for them. (c) After my mother died, within a day or two, she visited me. However, it was some time after that I felt the urgent need to be near her. In my dream, my mother was asleep on a bed some 14 feet away from me. As I tried to get to the bed, my path was blocked by the original Nurse Ratchet who was garbed like no other. Her costume looked like the King in a pack of cards, it was red, white and black in the same kind or ornate pattern. She was at the same time two dimensional and three dimensional. The thought somehow occurred to me that she was Pennsylvania Dutch. She blocked my path in no uncertain terms. I stopped, realizing that my mother was put to REST and was not to be disturbed. What this REST consisted of or its true purpose is in question. I have heard it mentioned in the death process. I know that after a tour of duty on this planet, we certainly need a rest. I could go on an on, but I am tired. Thank you for reading this.
    Last edited by amor; 11th November 2020 at 04:20. Reason: typo

27. The Following User Says Thank You to amor For This Post:

East Sun (11th November 2020)

28. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

Dear Anka: It appears you have been through a great deal in your past experiences and have finally come to the place of peace and resignation. Not a bad place.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

East Sun (11th November 2020), Wind (13th November 2020)

+ Reply to Thread