+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Harry Styles Does Vogue Photoshoot Wearing Dresses

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

Default Re: Harry Styles Does Vogue Photoshoot Wearing Dresses

As the mother of a 12 year old boy I can say that I see the tough guy influence as a much more concerning cultual threat. My son and his friends show zero desire to dress or act like women. However, the push to glamourize gangster macho masculinity is strong in their world.
    It disturbs me so much to see this push to see women as hos and objects to be collected. I see a push to suppress their natural care and emotions in order to try and achieve a twisted and toxic male ideal.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Constance (21st November 2020), Forest Denizen (22nd November 2020), Franny (22nd November 2020), Gracy (21st November 2020), Mike (21st November 2020), Wind (22nd November 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    If a man was fully in touch with his pure masculine energies and living and expressing that as a way of being, would he ever need or want dress like a woman?
    But see, is every man meant to be purely masculine?

Do we have any true role models for what pure masculine energy represents or have we lost touch with what our ancient ancestors embodied?
    I would offer up (former cage fighter) Joe Rogan as an example of that, one of the most followed people on this planet. I have to imagine a substantial number of young men looking at the arc of his life experience, and saying to themselves "I think I might want to be something like that guy". The epitome of masculine, yet also thinking and caring. Well balanced.

4. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

enfoldblue, there's quite a bit of truth in what you say, and I agree with much of it! Lots of excellent points there. But I don't think putting men in dresses and confusing the sexuality of several generations of kids with wonky, unscientific ideas about sex and gender is any kind of remedy.

Overly feminized men are weak men, not because femininity is bad but because they're sacrificing their masculinity to make room for it. Beta males are often mistaken for nice or kind males, but are in general the most dangerous kind of male there is. Their weakness makes them vulnerable to lapses in virtue. They are much more likely to lie, cheat, rape and murder than their alpha or semi-alpha counterparts.

Gracy gave a good example of a healthy male, Joe Rogan. Like most fully integrated males he carries himself with a certain grace. You know he could wreak havoc if he chose to, but being secure in his masculinity he feels no need. It's insecure males who have not integrated their masculinity that are the most toxic and dangerous, because they feel they have something to prove
    Last edited by Mike; 21st November 2020 at 23:29.

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st November 2020), Constance (22nd November 2020), enfoldedblue (22nd November 2020), Eva2 (22nd November 2020), Franny (22nd November 2020), Gracy (21st November 2020), Journeyman (22nd November 2020), Kate (22nd November 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (22nd November 2020), Peace in Oz (22nd November 2020), Wind (22nd November 2020)

6. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,534 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    enfoldblue, there's quite a bit of truth in what you say, and I agree with much of it! Lots of excellent points there. But I don't think putting men in dresses and confusing the sexuality of several generations of kids with wonky, unscientific ideas about sex and gender is any kind of remedy.

Overly feminized men are weak men, not because femininity is bad but because they're sacrificing their masculinity to make room for it. Beta males are often mistaken for nice or kind males, but are in general the most dangerous kind of male there is. Their weakness makes them vulnerable to lapses in virtue. They are much more likely to lie, cheat, rape and murder than their alpha or semi-alpha counterparts.

Gracy gave a good example of a healthy male, Joe Rogan. Like most fully integrated males he carries himself with a certain grace. You know he could wreak havoc if he chose to, but being secure in his masculinity he feels no need. It's insecure males who have not integrated their masculinity that are the most toxic and dangerous, because they feel they have something to prove
    ~~~

That's a really, really perceptive (and I believe fully accurate) post.

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Constance (22nd November 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (22nd November 2020), Eva2 (22nd November 2020), Franny (22nd November 2020), Gracy (22nd November 2020), happyuk (22nd November 2020), Kate (22nd November 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (22nd November 2020), Mike (22nd November 2020), Wind (22nd November 2020), Yoda (22nd November 2020)

8. Link to Post #25
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 20:02.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd November 2020), Franny (22nd November 2020), Gracy (22nd November 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (22nd November 2020), Mike (22nd November 2020)

10. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Id love to hear from other parents who are actually seeing the results of this threat and not just expressing the fear of it. Maybe in America young boys are being manipulated by this trend. But I see zero evidence of this at school or anywhere else. I see memes and statements.... usually put out by people invested in Christianity... but no actual evidence.
    In fact seeing the natural flowing testosterone in my son ... i would think it would be pretty hard to countetact the natural physiology of males with pictires of stars in dresses. I would be more concerned with diet and pollution that promotes estrogen and suppresses testosterone.

I also find it equally disturbing to speak of what a healthy male is as tjough it is one box. So anyone who doesn't fit in the box is.. unhealthy. Eeesh.

When I was a child in the 70s my best friend who lived at the farm nextdoor loved dressing up as a woman. We would fight over who got to be wonder woman in games... and if he lost out he would choose to be Jamie Summers daughter. He was and is an amazing human being who is strong and loving and caring and has created a beautiful life for himself that is rich...and may not be for everyone... but is perfect for him.

There have always been those who don't fit in boxes.
    Last edited by enfoldedblue; 22nd November 2020 at 01:57.

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd November 2020), Constance (22nd November 2020), Forest Denizen (22nd November 2020), Franny (22nd November 2020), Gracy (22nd November 2020), Ivanhoe (22nd November 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (22nd November 2020), Mike (22nd November 2020), Wind (22nd November 2020)

12. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,534 times in 32,788 posts

What I was referring to was "pure masculine energies", in other words, the purity of a mans masculine energies; what it means to embody masculine energies in its purest form.
    Here's Robert Pirsig, in his brilliant and inspired Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. He lists what a man should be, and what masculine energy really is.
    The hero of the Odyssey is a great fighter, a wily schemer, a ready speaker, a man of stout heart and broad wisdom who knows that he must endure without too much complaining what the gods send; and he can both build and sail a boat, drive a furrow as straight as anyone, beat a young braggart at throwing the discus, challenge the Pheacian youth at boxing, wrestling or running; flay, skin, cut up and cook an ox, and be moved to tears by a song.

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Constance (22nd November 2020), Franny (22nd November 2020), Gracy (22nd November 2020), happyuk (22nd November 2020), Ivanhoe (22nd November 2020), Journeyman (22nd November 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (22nd November 2020), Mike (22nd November 2020), Sunray (22nd November 2020), Yoda (22nd November 2020)

14. Link to Post #28
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,212 times in 1,146 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    I'm of 2 minds on it:

mind number 1: who gives a f#ck?
    mind number 2: maybe we should give a f#ck
    Hey Mike, check me into the "who gives a f#ck" category. I heard the Candice Owens/Ben Shapiro take yesterday, and all I could think was with all the stuff going on in the world, especially here in the year from hell 2020, don't y'all have better places to be focusing your energies than this ever ongoing culture war?

I remember my dad telling me how shocked his parents were, when they first saw a very young Elvis writhing his hips.

And I remember my parent's generation being shocked when David Bowie posed in a dress.

We will always have rough burly men, we will always have men in the middle somewhere, we will always have feminine gay men, and we will always have men of more an artsy fartsy persuasion that may do things just as a fashion statement, they really like it, or whatever.

There's a reporter for a small town newspaper near me that wears a dress wherever he goes. He's a very blubbery, overweight, very non attractive man in his 50's, and I always have winced when seeing him out and about doing his job in something that looks like little more than a frilly gaudy night gown.

But you know what? At the end of the day, I'm still like so f#cking what. That's him, that's his thing no matter how utterly ridiculous he looks with those shaved stocky man legs in heels. He was obviously born with that peculiar penchant, he's brave enough not to hide it, so I say have at it, I've got bigger fish to fry that clutch my pearls that he may be a part of ruining masculine society.

There will always be more men born like that, but there will always be many more me born into the macho Paul Bunyan type of role. I think we should let people be who they are (we don't have to celebrate it!), just like we all finally accepted that David Bowie thought it was cool to sport a dress. Again, so f#cking what...

Life will go on, the republic will not fall over guys in dresses.
    Quote Posted by enfoldedblue (here)
    As the mother of a 12 year old boy I can say that I see the tough guy influence as a much more concerning cultual threat. My son and his friends show zero desire to dress or act like women. However, the push to glamourize gangster macho masculinity is strong in their world.
    It disturbs me so much to see this push to see women as hos and objects to be collected. I see a push to suppress their natural care and emotions in order to try and achieve a twisted and toxic male ideal.
    Id love to hear from other parents who are actually seeing the results of this threat and not just expressing the fear of it. Maybe in America young boys are being manipulated by this trend. But I see zero evidence of this at school or anywhere else. I see memes and statements.... usually put out by people invested in Christianity... but no actual evidence.
    In fact seeing the natural flowing testosterone in my son ... i would think it would be pretty hard to countetact the natural physiology of males with pictires of stars in dresses. I would be more concerned with diet and pollution that promotes estrogen and suppresses testosterone.

I also find it equally disturbing to speak of what a healthy male is as tjough it is one box. So anyone who doesn't fit in the box is.. unhealthy. Eeesh.

When I was a child in the 70s my best friend who lived at the farm nextdoor loved dressing up as a woman. We would fight over who got to be wonder woman in games... and if he lost out he would choose to be Jamie Summers daughter. He was and is an amazing human being who is strong and loving and caring and has created a beautiful life for himself that is rich...and may not be for everyone... but is perfect for him.

There have always been those who don't fit in boxes.
    I pondered before first responding and again after Mike's question, because a few months ago my concerns would've been far more aligned with those expressed eloquently above by @enfoldedblue and @Gracy_May - that protecting the vulnerable and ensuring a space for those that don't fit into standardised boxes was paramount. I still think those are important concerns, but I do now have a different perspective, both in assessing individual instances like the Harry Styles Photoshoot and on the wider societal level, because I think the former informs the latter and vice versa.

I don't know whether if we asked the idea for the shoot would be said to have come from Harry Styles, the Photographer, or the Editor, but I think the reality is that all of them are aligned on a goal to serve the interests of the elites that determine who is a 'star', who is on those covers, who will be delivering the narratives which will shape the opinions of the masses. I think we have to approach these subjects knowing that we ourselves have been subject to this process for many years, so we need to intelligently and compassionately look at our own assumptions afresh.

There's much in ancient lore that speaks directly to this sudden explosion of gender confusion. Hermaphroditus, the divine androgyne, the Adam ha Rishon:

Quote A creature is a part of Adam ha Rishon that is inside a person of our world. All creatures, meaning souls, are parts of the body of Adam ha Rishon. They all need to correct their breaking, thus returning to the state that was before the sin, and add adhesion with the Creator. They sort the parts from within the shells.

All of us must come to the roots of our souls while in this physical world. Otherwise, we will return here until we realize the purpose of our creation.
    See also the Midrash:

Quote In explaining the various views concerning Eve's creation, they taught[7] that Adam was created as a man-woman (androgynous), explaining זָכָ֥ר וּנְקֵבָ֖ה (Genesis 1:27) as "male and female" instead of "man and woman," and that the separation of the sexes arose from the subsequent operation upon Adam's body, as related in the Scripture.
    Gracy May mentioned David Bowie. There's a photo of him on the back of 'Station to Station' drawing the Kabbalist Tree of Life on the floor. I think that gender blurring of the lines that he engaged in was directly influenced by occult aims and perhaps seemingly trivial instances like this photoshoot are likewise in service to hidden goals.

I think this is a lot more important in trying to understand what's happening in the world now than most realise. So I am going to try and write about this at greater length and I will do so as much as possible from a perspective of love and understanding, because you are both right that it's a sensitive subject. I don't want to make anyone feel threatened or uncomfortable!

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Here's Robert Pirsig, in his brilliant and inspired Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. He lists what a man should be, and what masculine energy really is.
    The hero of the Odyssey is a great fighter, a wily schemer, a ready speaker, a man of stout heart and broad wisdom who knows that he must endure without too much complaining what the gods send; and he can both build and sail a boat, drive a furrow as straight as anyone, beat a young braggart at throwing the discus, challenge the Pheacian youth at boxing, wrestling or running; flay, skin, cut up and cook an ox, and be moved to tears by a song.
    I loved that book, still can't strip a gearbox down though...
    Last edited by Journeyman; 22nd November 2020 at 11:11.

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd November 2020), Constance (22nd November 2020), Franny (22nd November 2020), Gracy (22nd November 2020), Jad (22nd November 2020), Mike (22nd November 2020), Wind (22nd November 2020), wondering (23rd November 2020)

16. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Quote Posted by Journeyman (here)
    Gracy May mentioned David Bowie. There's a photo of him on the back of 'Station to Station' drawing the Kabbalist Tree of Life on the floor. I think that gender blurring of the lines that he engaged in was directly influenced by occult aims and perhaps seemingly trivial instances like this photoshoot are likewise in service to hidden goals.
    This might be a bit off topic, but Bowie surely was an occultist for most of his life. As a fan I just really hope that he was working for the light instead of being a practitioner of the dark arts. Occultism tends to have bad rep even though it is nothing more than a tool really, it only matters how one chooses to use it. For good or evil, service to self or service towards others. There is light and dark, that's the whole essence of this universe as it is in portrayed in the yin & yang symbol. Every coin has two sides and what matters is their integration.

Every male has feminine energies, every female has masculine energies too. The point is to harmonize them in one's own Being, to balance the energies within oneself. The soul doesn't a have gender, but here on Earth we humans have genders. If you're masculine then embrace that energy in you and stand proud in it, if you are feminine then embrace it. Those energies have nothing to do with our physical bodies and genders here on Earth, but it is of course true that right now there's a lot of confusion here on Earth too and many people might be a bit lost about their identities.

When it comes to dressing, I don't really know what to think about it. If some guys are confident enough to wear skirts then why not, I find it mildly amusing. I don't think Scottish people find it so strange to wear Kilts? I know I'd not wear one, but then again skirts aren't my thing and I'm not a Scot. I will not express my opinion about Ben or Candace here as they're humans expressing too their feelings and opinions which is their right, even if they are quite incendiary people.

I see a lot of insencurity in males who feel that they need to compensate their fragile egos by putting on the tough guy act and somehow proving that they are strong competent males. I do feel that there's a bit too much testosterone too in some men instead of there being too little of it. Of course males do need testosterone to function well, because from a biological standpoint it affects many things. I see a lot of insecurity in women about being who they are because society puts so much pressure on them, as they should like supermodels who are about enter a beauty competition. I feel that this all really stems from insecurity in being who we really are. Why couldn't we just allow ourselves to be what we are?
    Last edited by Wind; 22nd November 2020 at 12:54.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd November 2020), Constance (22nd November 2020), Dorjezigzag (22nd November 2020), Forest Denizen (22nd November 2020), Franny (22nd November 2020), Gracy (22nd November 2020), Jad (22nd November 2020), Journeyman (22nd November 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (23rd November 2020), Mike (22nd November 2020), wondering (23rd November 2020)

18. Link to Post #30
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,505 times in 4,311 posts

I'm also, mostly, in the don't give a **** category. I'm not concerned by the phenomenon of a grown man dressing as a woman, or a baby, or a chipmunk, or what have you. If it's a natural extension of his personal expression (mental illness notwithstanding) it's none of my business.

However, what does concern me is the underlying agenda here. Gender expression, and that extends to sexuality as well, is entirely individual, because it emanates from one's individual energy - whatever body you're in. If it comes from within it is natural, but if it comes from without, from cultural engineering for example or social pressure, then it is unnatural. Anything not natural eventually harms the individual.

Gender bending isn't new though. If you grew up with my generation, and were in the UK mainly, you will remember glam rock, punk rock, and the from the late 70s/early 80s particularly the New Romantics movement. Think Bowie as already mentioned, or Spandau Ballet, Flock of Seagulls, Boy George. I do suspect though that this 'fad' sprang up organically from an eclectic pop culture scene where shock and spectacle was all part of the act. If you wanted to get noticed you had to stand out from the rest. I remember my parents being aghast at the likes of Boy George. In truth, no one really took the whole thing seriously. And the New Romantics ran their course and that was that...

I think what we are seeing now is entirely different - this is not organic. As spirits we are all androgynous, but at this stage in our evolution we are here to experience the polarity of the human condition. There are destructive, disruptive, and directed schizophrenic undertones in how these various polarities are being contradicted and manipulated, and all in the name of 'being progressive'. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined the reality of transexual children 20 years ago. That is an extension of this phenomenon, and it is tremendously concerning.

When something is pressed into the collective psyche from without, rather than emerging naturally from within, it is not progressive, it's the opposite. I am in total agreement with Mike and the others in this thread who have articulated the same concerns.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd November 2020), Constance (22nd November 2020), Mike (22nd November 2020), Wind (23rd November 2020)

20. Link to Post #31
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,265 times in 146 posts

I read this a few years ago, looks like the agenda is moving forward,

https://commonsenseevaluation.com/20...-western-male/

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Waldo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd November 2020), Constance (22nd November 2020), Mike (22nd November 2020)

22. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

As I mentioned in my first post...there probably is an agenda. But we would would not be wise to make our decisions in regards to how we should act by choosing to act in direct opposition to something because it was identified as desirable by the elite. This would be reactionary and we would still be led by "their" actions.

i believe the key is to encourage people to learn to stop taking tbeir cues from external sources as we have been programmed, and ultimately to find and listen to their own internal navigation systems.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd November 2020), Constance (22nd November 2020), Forest Denizen (23rd November 2020), Franny (23rd November 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (23rd November 2020), Mike (22nd November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd November 2020), Wind (22nd November 2020)

24. Link to Post #33
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 19:59.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd November 2020), Forest Denizen (23rd November 2020), Franny (23rd November 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (23rd November 2020), Mike (23rd November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd November 2020), wondering (23rd November 2020)

26. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

As I mentioned in my first post...there probably is an agenda. But we would would not be wise to make our decisions in regards to how we should act by choosing to act in direct opposition to something because it was identified as desirable by the elite. This would be reactionary and we would still be led by "their" actions.

i believe the key is to encourage people to learn to stop taking tbeir cues from external sources as we have been programmed, and ultimately to find and listen to their own internal navigation systems.
    Thank you for your thoughts.

I don't know which "we" you are referring to, whether it is the collective whole or the folks at Avalon so I will represent myself and respond by saying that I'm responding to the whole. When someone once said to me that Not only is everything a lie, it is the exact opposite of the truth, I really took that to heart. I'm aware that nothing is as it appears.

It's great that you believe the key is to encourage people to learn to stop taking their cues from external sources as we have been programmed, and ultimately to find and listen to their own internal navigation systems.

The question is, HOW exactly do we do that?? How do we ultimately inspire people to find and listen to their own internal navigation systems?

How exactly do we empower people around the world to be beyond all influence in a practical way?

These are the questions I ask because despite all the sharing of information, ideas and strategies for generations it appears that there is momentum gathering in the opposite direction to where humanity needs to be heading and the agenda continues to bear down on us like a freight train.
    Hi Constance. When I use us I am usually referring to the collective. And yes this programming runs deep. Very deep. We are tribal creatures and all crave love and acceptance from those around us. As children most of us contorted and changed our true self in order to gain acceptance by those around us.
    Finding our own inner navigation system is a journey. It took me years to really get in touch and learn to trust my own. I now work with clients to help them shift from being led by external cues to recognizing and working with internal ones. One of my clients calls it... learning to trust the bing. Deep down we each know who we are and what we want...
    But for many these subtle cues get lost in the noise of social expectations. The more we learn to tune in and pay attention to our own unique inner world, the more we become familiar with our own inner guidance system.... and the more we learn to trust the gentle urgings, the more our lives align with who we truly are.
    Another aspect that I feel helps is doing shadow work. The more we integrate our own shadows, the clearer our inner world becomes and ths less we are triggered the external distractions.
    I created a PDF to assist wirh.shadow work ... i can link it if intetested.
    Last edited by enfoldedblue; 23rd November 2020 at 03:10.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th November 2020), Constance (23rd November 2020), Forest Denizen (23rd November 2020), Mike (29th November 2020)

28. Link to Post #35
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 19:59.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th November 2020), enfoldedblue (23rd November 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (23rd November 2020), Mike (29th November 2020)

30. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Thank you for your wonderful reply! To me the beauty of shadow work is that it ticks all those boxes. Though obviously translation would be required. To.me healing all the disowned and rejected self energy is a very important part of healing the collective. It is not the only part... but an important piece. That is why I put this info together ans share it for free. Here is the link... https://www.christinalaverscoaching.com/shadow-work.php

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th November 2020), Constance (23rd November 2020), Journeyman (18th November 2021), Mike (29th November 2020)

32. Link to Post #37
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 19:50.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th November 2020), Mike (29th November 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2