+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Touching The Divine

1. Link to Post #41
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,192 times in 437 posts

Default Re: Touching The Divine

The film Powder is powerful and evocative and sends chills up and down my spine whenever I watch it. It is the story of the realisation and illustration of what could be and what appears not to be. The video clip here shows the ending. The film also shows that if the Divine Consciousness is held by one then it ripples out to all around and changes happen.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Trisher For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th November 2020), ClearWater (30th November 2020), Constance (30th November 2020), Forest Denizen (30th November 2020), Franny (12th February 2021), Gwin Ru (30th November 2020), Harmony (30th November 2020), Hym (30th November 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (30th November 2020), Mike (30th November 2020), Reinhard (30th November 2020), RunningDeer (30th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (30th November 2020)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Mike Gorman (here)
    Good grief! What do you think the feathers were all about? This is an incredible occurrence, I am so sorry for your loss I cannot even bring to mind what such a loss would be like. A truly awesome event, in the real meaning of that word.
    Thank you, Mike. The short version is that I was in a bad place the night before my son’s burial. I muffled my screams in a pillow. No one answered my pleas to be buried with him. Then the darkened room filled with a beau-ti-ful blue.

My bedroom was stacked with packed up books. I tore threw a box and grabbed the “Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah". My son, Michael answered questions through the random pages I turned until peace and silence filled me.

I was directed to go to my office which was two floors down. I pulled open the computer keyboard shelf and there was a feather. On the “Illusions" cover was a feather. It was an important turning point in the story of a teacher that died and he floated a feather down to his heartbroken student.

I preserved the precious gift in a transparent baseball envelop, and tucked it in my power bag. It brought me strength and assurance that Michael was but a thought away. A couple of days later the feather gift was gone.

That was the first of many feathers and phenomena for the next five months and continues today. They are confirmations that much is happening multidimensionally.

Each time, I am reminded how we are all an integral part of the flow in creativity and creation, even when we engage in daily activities. Like when I catch myself either stretching time out, or condensing a days worth of the to-do-list into a few hours.

Sooner than later, manifestation will be an ordinary way of life for us all. Life is creation. We just have to recall that it’s our birthright and become an active participant in its flow.

Disclaimer: I’m a work in progress.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 30th November 2020 at 19:29.

4. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th November 2020), Billy Vasiliadis (22nd November 2021), Blacklight43 (11th February 2021), bojancan (30th November 2020), ClearWater (30th November 2020), Constance (30th November 2020), Delight (30th November 2020), Eva2 (11th February 2021), Forest Denizen (30th November 2020), Franny (12th February 2021), greybeard (30th November 2020), Gwin Ru (30th November 2020), Hym (30th November 2020), Journeyman (10th April 2021), justntime2learn (15th May 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (30th November 2020), Mike (30th November 2020), Reinhard (30th November 2020), Strat (30th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (30th November 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (2nd December 2020), Trisher (30th November 2020), ulli (30th November 2020), Wind (30th November 2020)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Sooner than later, manifestation will be an ordinary way of life for us all. Life is creation. We just have to recall that it’s our birthright and become an active participant in its flow.

I agree and feel that my job is ONLY to release the blocks to the TECHNOLOGY of THE SACRED. Intelligent Infinity trumps EVERYTHING we think is true. To be shifted out of what we have already manifested takes some UNDOING. IMO all I need to experience MORE magic and mystery is allow THE FORCE who knows me, loves me, and will bring signs and wonders to work. It is MUCH harder to let go when we imagine the confines we are in are "GOOD". IMO that is the only catch. We have to continuously tune in to a seemingly silent station and OFTEN we refuse.

I love the opportunity now to change octaves. IT IS REALLY POSSIBLE!

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th November 2020), Constance (30th November 2020), Franny (12th February 2021), Journeyman (10th April 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (30th November 2020), Mike (30th November 2020), RunningDeer (30th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (30th November 2020), Trisher (30th November 2020)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,758 times in 2,555 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Quote Posted by Mike Gorman (here)
    Good grief! What do you think the feathers were all about? This is an incredible occurrence, I am so sorry for your loss I cannot even bring to mind what such a loss would be like. A truly awesome event, in the real meaning of that word.
    Thank you, Mike. The short version is that I was in a bad place the night before my son’s burial. I muffled my screams in a pillow. No one answered my pleas to be buried with him. Then the darkened room filled with a beau-ti-ful blue.

My bedroom was stacked with packed up books. I tore threw a box and grabbed the “Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah". My son, Michael answered questions through the random pages I turned until peace and silence filled me.

I was directed to go to my office which was two floors down. I pulled open the computer keyboard shelf and there was a feather. On the “Illusions" cover was a feather. It was an important turning point in the story of a teacher that died and he floated a feather down to his heartbroken student.

I preserved the precious gift in a transparent baseball envelop, and tucked it in my power bag. It brought me strength and assurance that Michael was but a thought away. A couple of days later the feather gift was gone.

That was the first of many feathers and phenomena for the next five months and continues today. They are confirmations that much is happening multidimensionally.

Each time, I am reminded how we are all an integral part of the flow in creativity and creation, even when we engage in daily activities. Like when I catch myself either stretching time out, or condensing a days worth of the to-do-list into a few hours.

Running Deer - I'm so sorry for your unimaginable loss. What a beautiful story and gift your son has sent you with the feathers - a reminder he's always with you.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Eva2 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th November 2020), Constance (30th November 2020), Franny (12th February 2021), Harmony (10th April 2021), Journeyman (10th April 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (30th November 2020), Mike (30th November 2020), RunningDeer (30th November 2020), TelosianEmbrace (16th May 2021), wondering (30th November 2020)

9. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

I heard this song in the gym today, and I was reminded how magical it is. It's just a lovely, brilliant song. In it's beautiful simplicity, it is almost the perfect song. I've listened to it repetitively since I've been home, and I can't get over how genius it is. It gave me that feeling of awe and wonder that seems so elusive for me these days. There isn't the slightest bit of ornament or pretense to the lines. It just is. It moves me. A very simple, straightforward, brilliant little song:

Last edited by Mike; 11th February 2021 at 09:09.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th February 2021), Chip (15th May 2021), Constance (11th February 2021), Eva2 (11th February 2021), Franny (12th February 2021), Harmony (10th April 2021), Kalamos (11th February 2021), RunningDeer (11th February 2021), Trisher (11th February 2021), Wind (10th April 2021)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

Near Death Experiences fascinate me

Jim Bruton Shares His Near-Death Experience (2019-11-09)

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th February 2021), Constance (12th February 2021), Franny (12th February 2021), Harmony (10th April 2021), Mike (12th February 2021), RunningDeer (12th February 2021), Sue (Ayt) (10th April 2021)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

This song gave me goosebumps when I first heard it, so that's a signal that it connected me with the divine, or something beyond myself. It's what separates it from other songs that I really like. Keith Richards on lead vocals here. A slow going tune, profound, moving and evocative. An absolutely beautiful song. Don't really know how to describe it. Enjoy:

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th April 2021), Bluegreen (10th April 2021), Constance (10th April 2021), Harmony (10th April 2021), Hym (10th April 2021), RunningDeer (10th April 2021), Sue (Ayt) (10th April 2021), Wind (10th April 2021)

15. Link to Post #48
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    This song gave me goosebumps when I first heard it, so that's a signal that it connected me with the divine, or something beyond myself. It's what separates it from other songs that I really like. Keith Richards on lead vocals here. A slow going tune, profound, moving and evocative. An absolutely beautiful song. Don't really know how to describe it. Enjoy:

You know that we do take-away
    We deliver too
    Open twenty-four hours, for you
    Just waiting on a call from you
    Waiting on a call from you

Well I'm in the yellow page
    You just take a look
    Look me up under "Services"
    You know it's just an open book
    Babe, it's just an open book
    Yeah, it's just an open book
    But, baby

Any minute, any hour
    I'm waiting on a call from you
    And you know this heart is constant
    I'm your lover, baby
    Through and through
    Lover, baby, through and through

I only found out yesterday
    I heard it on the news
    What I heard really pissed me off
    'Cause now I got ****ing blues
    Yeah, I got those awesome blues
    Babe, I got those nothing blues, but

Any minute, any hour
    And you know this heart is constant, babe
    I'm your lover, baby
    Through and through
    Your lover, baby, through and through

You know that we do take-away (ha ha ha)
    That we deliver, too
    We're open twenty-four hours, baby
    We're waiting on a call from you
    But any minute, baby, any hour

Yeah, you know that this heart is constant
    I'm your lover, baby
    Through and through
    Lover, baby, through and through (I want you)

Babe, through and through, ooh yeah
    Oh, I'll be your
    Open for twenty-four hours, baby
    Ooh, baby, it's under "Services"
    And we'll be waiting on a call from you

Waiting on a call

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th April 2021), Constance (10th April 2021), Harmony (10th April 2021), Hym (10th April 2021), Mike (10th April 2021), Wind (10th April 2021)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

I've watched a million fights over the years and this one is the best, hands down. I have a strange emotional reaction to it every time, especially round 5. Goosebumps, arm hair standing up, the whole bit. This fight will take you places you've never been. It's a spiritual experience. It's simply spectacular:

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th April 2021), Bluegreen (20th April 2021), Chip (15th May 2021), Constance (20th April 2021), Hym (15th May 2021), Rosco1 (20th April 2021), RunningDeer (20th April 2021)

19. Link to Post #50
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

There is something about this short clip that reminds people that it is not about money, cars, job, choices or even relationships...............it is about being in the moment.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th April 2021), Constance (20th April 2021), Hym (15th May 2021), Mike (20th April 2021), RunningDeer (20th April 2021)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

I'm not big on live music usually. Hate crowds. I've only been to 2 or 3 big shows in my life. Didn't particularly enjoy them. The music usually lets me down in some way too, as it very rarely sounds like the album. I'm an album guy, and music is personal to me - I like listening when I'm on my own.

And I'm hardly a huge Metallica fan, though I do appreciate what they bring to the table. They do what they do well. This performance of 'Enter Sandman', in Moscow, 1991, is the most remarkable live performance I've ever seen. The crowd stretches for miles in every direction, and the energy produced is atomic. Helicopters are circling above and soldiers are guarding the stage..some even ditching their uniforms to join the crowd. It's absolute mayhem, in the most glorious sort of way. I've never seen anything even remotely like it. It's a sight to behold:

Last edited by Mike; 15th May 2021 at 07:04.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th May 2021), justntime2learn (15th May 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (15th May 2021), Open Minded Dude (15th May 2021), RunningDeer (15th May 2021), Wind (15th May 2021)

23. Link to Post #52
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,504 times in 4,311 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    The music usually lets me down in some way too, as it very rarely sounds like the album.
    Good call on Metallica, but generally speaking - same here. I've only been to a handful of big gigs too, and I found them hot, stuffy, and oppressive. I couldn't wait to get out and drive home. But there is one live performer that stands head, shoulders, and torso above just about every other that has ever existed. I had a chance of going to see this very gig (below) but missed it. My brother went but I didn't! I don't really do 'regrets', but yeh hand on heart, one big regret I do have is that I never did see them, never did see him, live.

This track for me (written by Brian May - an astrophysicist!) and from that same gig, perfectly meets the conditions of the thread title:

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th May 2021), Hym (15th May 2021), justntime2learn (15th May 2021), Mike (15th May 2021), Open Minded Dude (15th May 2021), Wind (15th May 2021)

25. Link to Post #53
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,359 times in 639 posts

In a time before YouTube in the first half of the 00-years I still collected lots of (as a musician and one who also went a lot to concerts back then) Live Music Concert DVDs. Two of my all time favourites are the ones who document what Peter Gabriel did on his Secret World and (10 years later) Growing Up tour. I was watching these two endlessly and while doing so always felt 'connected' to something Greater. It put me into an altered state of consciousness. In both cases the entire (conceptually designed) show is worth watching from an artistic and visual perspective too, not just musically. The entire package thus remained 'divine' for me to this very day.

Hard to choose from the many good clips on YT nowadays from these two DVDs, so I took three. Compare the two versions:

Secret World (Growing Up tour)

Secret World (Secret World tour)

As the 2nd video shows, for me 'Secret World live' also had the best official ending of a show (before the encores that is). And it also had the best concert opener with PG singing from a typical red British phone booth. Priceless.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (16th May 2021), Mike (15th May 2021), RunningDeer (15th May 2021)

27. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

This song is pure magic. Genius. I don't understand the lyrics intellectually, but my heart understands them just fine. A direct line to the divine..

"...you gotta cry without weepin, talk without speakin, scream without raising your voice...you know i took the poison, from the poison stream...then i floated... outta here..."

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd November 2021), pueblo (22nd November 2021), RunningDeer (22nd November 2021), wondering (22nd November 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3