+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mind Blowing Experiences, the Unforgettable, the Inexplicable and the Weird.

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 98,644 times in 9,592 posts

Default Re: Mind Blowing Experiences, the Unforgettable, the Inexplicable and the Weird.

One unforgettable experience that happened to me was drowning in a river except someone else drowned. It happened many years ago when I was in my twenties. I was a passenger in a car. My partner and I were on our way for an appointment with a tax accountant. We were driving uphill in the countryside and I got a good view of the fast swirling river down below. It had rained the night before and the river was swollen, and running fast. I no sooner thought to myself the river looked too dangerous to go near it and I found myself in the river trying to stay afloat but I couldn’t and I couldn’t breath. I kept struggling but to no avail. I started to breath but it was water filling my lungs and I was panicking and choking and scared.
    Then suddenly it got quiet, peaceful, the water became clear and I could see this beautiful light above the water, I wanted to go to it. As I started to I found myself back in the passenger seat of the car. I wondered if I had just dreamed this whole incident up.
    That evening on the news we heard that there had been a drowning at the river. I was shocked and felt guilty.. maybe I caused it...I never told anyone and it took me years to even admit or even accept what I had experienced that day.
    And why me..I don’t know.

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

Alecs (22nd May 2023), Ami (6th May 2021), Anna70 (7th May 2021), Bill Ryan (6th May 2021), Bluegreen (7th May 2021), EFO (7th May 2021), Forest Denizen (7th May 2021), Harmony (7th May 2021), Hym (6th May 2021), Icare (8th May 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th May 2021), Mercedes (6th May 2021), Orph (10th August 2021), pabranno (6th May 2021), Patient (9th July 2023), Peace in Oz (6th May 2021), Rosco1 (30th July 2021), Spellbound (7th May 2021), Stephanie (7th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (6th May 2021), Trisher (7th May 2021), Victoria (6th August 2021), Vicus (12th November 2021)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,535 times in 32,788 posts

Default Re: Mind Blowing Experiences, the Unforgettable, the Inexplicable and the Weird.

Quote Posted by Ravenlocke (here)
    One unforgettable experience that happened to me was drowning in a river except someone else drowned. It happened many years ago when I was in my twenties. I was a passenger in a car. My partner and I were on our way for an appointment with a tax accountant. We were driving uphill in the countryside and I got a good view of the fast swirling river down below. It had rained the night before and the river was swollen, and running fast. I no sooner thought to myself the river looked too dangerous to go near it and I found myself in the river trying to stay afloat but I couldn’t and I couldn’t breath. I kept struggling but to no avail. I started to breath but it was water filling my lungs and I was panicking and choking and scared.
    Then suddenly it got quiet, peaceful, the water became clear and I could see this beautiful light above the water, I wanted to go to it. As I started to I found myself back in the passenger seat of the car. I wondered if I had just dreamed this whole incident up.
    That evening on the news we heard that there had been a drowning at the river. I was shocked and felt guilty.. maybe I caused it...I never told anyone and it took me years to even admit or even accept what I had experienced that day.
    Thanks so much for sharing that.

Offering my opinion here, if I may, I'd gently suggest that you never caused anything. It was a spontaneous bilocation.

Remote Viewer Lyn Buchanan describes very much the same thing that happened with a trainee remote viewer he was supervising. The young trainee was remote viewing someone who had died in a mudslide.

In the session, the young man began to choke and struggle and experience exactly what his unfortunate target would have been suffering. Lyn brought him out of it quickly, and the young man was very shocked.

Here's the section from his book, The Seventh Sense. You might find it extremely interesting.

~~~
    Years later, I was teaching an intermediate class in San Francisco, and one of the students wanted to experience accessing a target person to the point of “getting sucked in.” I had firmly resisted allowing him to do that. He just was not experienced enough.

I had repeatedly warned him and the entire class that, when the target is a person, you “Describe, don’t try to access.” That is, you should describe the person in terms of physical appearance, location, work habits, dress, mannerisms, and such outward things as would be of interest to the police or anyone trying to find that person from a witness’s description.

You should never get into that person’s mind. In the training stage, no student is experienced enough to handle the dangers posed by CRV [Controlled Remote Viewing] when it is used for doing psychological profiling, mind reading, or even the shallower personality assessment.

But this one student persisted in his desire to experience “getting sucked in.” I knew that sooner or later, he would try it on his own, when there would be no one there to get him out of it.

It was a fairly large class, so I had the students working in groups of three. Each group would have a viewer, a monitor, and an onlooker. The CRV process looks different from each position, so rotating people through the positions lets them get a more well-rounded understanding of it.

Because the class was larger than usual, I was going from work group to work group, answering any questions they might have, kibitzing, watching for errors, and correcting potentially bad habits. In general, I was making a nuisance of myself with all that teaching, while they only wanted to “nail the target.”

I was working with one group while at another table, the viewer had finished his session, and now the job positions for that group rotated. The woman who would now be the monitor came up to me and asked, “I brought a target from home. Can I give that to the viewer?”

“Sure,” I answered. By the intermediate course, the viewers should be able to handle just about any kind of target, so whatever it was, it would probably be good training. I continued going from group to group, and even went by that table a couple of times.

I had not seen the target yet. I was interested in students keeping the proper work structure and habits. I was not concerned about how well they were on target or off target, so it was not necessary for me to see the target.

A few minutes later, the woman who had brought in the target rushed up to me and said that I had better get over to their table quickly. Something was wrong. I looked over to their table and saw that the student who had wanted to “get sucked in” was rapidly doing just that.

I rushed over and grabbed the target. It was a picture of a man being swept away in a watery mud slide and fighting in vain to keep from drowning. People on the sides of the flow watched in helpless horror as the man swept rapidly by them, fighting for his life. The student viewer was gasping and choking and struggling for his every breath.

I did something at that point of which I am not particularly proud, now that I look back on it. He was in a total panic, and finding it hard to breathe, but I knew that he was only in the very first stages of getting sucked in. He had been badgering me relentlessly for quite a while to allow him the experience, so I decided, “OK. You asked for it — you got it.”

I knew that I still had plenty of time to pull him out of it. I would not let it go too far. I had enough experience, both with the process and with him as a student, to see when his “too far” point would be. So, I let him continue to fight for survival.

Through his struggles, he continued to try working the session. This is one of the standard aspects of getting sucked in. The target becomes such an attractor that the viewer cannot bring himself to quit viewing. It can quickly become so strong that a viewer will face even death (which, by the way, I do not think is possible — we’ve never tried it that far), all the while grasping frantically at the target to experience it more and more and more.

My student clung to the target for dear life, even after (he would later tell me) he had become convinced that he would not live through the session. He kept getting sucked farther and farther in, until I could see the “too far” point approaching. At that time, I took over his session and got him out of it.

All the other students had stopped their sessions and were standing around aghast. They were afraid that he was having a seizure of some kind. When I pulled him out, I made him end the session, so that he would not start viewing and get sucked in again.

People who get sucked in often cannot resist rushing back into the danger which can do them so much harm. When he had calmed down somewhat, I told him that he had finally had the experience he desired. I turned to the class and told them that this is what getting sucked in looks like, and that if they wanted to experience it, too, they should do so now, instead of waiting until they got home with no one there to help them.

For some strange reason, no one else wanted to have the experience. For the one student who had experienced it, it was not something he wanted to repeat.

4. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ami (6th May 2021), Anna70 (7th May 2021), Denise/Dizi (7th May 2021), EarthGirl (8th May 2021), EFO (7th May 2021), Eva2 (30th July 2021), Forest Denizen (7th May 2021), Harmony (7th May 2021), Icare (30th May 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th May 2021), Mercedes (6th May 2021), pabranno (6th May 2021), Peace in Oz (6th May 2021), Ravenlocke (7th May 2021), Rosco1 (30th July 2021), Sadieblue (7th May 2021), Spellbound (7th May 2021), Stephanie (7th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (22nd May 2023), sunwings (8th May 2021), TomKat (7th May 2021), Trisher (7th May 2021), Victoria (6th August 2021), Vicus (12th November 2021), Yoda (7th May 2021)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 98,644 times in 9,592 posts

Hello Bill,
    Thank you so much, I very much appreciate your input and kind words.
    Wow that’s what happened to me, “spontaneous bilocation”. I have to get this book now because I need to know...because...

It happened again a few years after this episode, when my car was stolen one night, except I saw what happened. I thought I was having a dream, but I was in the thief’s body looking through his eyes, feeling his excitement mixed with fear. It was a guy and he didn’t wear glasses but I do and I saw clearly with his eyes.
    He had hid against a wall of an apartment building that was across from the apartment building I lived in and watched me park the car and go inside. He had a car key that fit the lock and the key also started the car. It was a Toyota and apparently Toyota keys weren’t hard to get then, late eighties.
    The next morning I forgot about it, got ready for work and I was baffled when I walked over to my car spot and no car. I looked at the ground, no broken glass so it wasn’t broken into, the car should be there.
    I did report it stolen and I got it back three days later. When I went to the impound place, 80 miles away, there was a key in the ignition which I gave to the police, a mountain of cigarette butts in the ashtray (I don’t smoke), and several empty whiskey bottles on the floor of the passenger side. But I never saw the “guy” or what he looked like. And I only recalled the “dream” after I got my car back.
    Since then I haven’t found myself in other peoples bodies that I can recall. I’ve been able to just be a watcher on the side.
    One of my earliest recall was witnessing a young woman being taken by small aliens with the grey skin, skinny and bald. That was very frightening. I found myself in this woman’s apartment, her name was Mary.. something. She had dark long hair, brown eyes and she couldn’t move ..she was paralyzed, very frightened but awake and she saw me. She could move her eyes and she looked at me, she was terrified..she was sitting upright on her bed, and I was frozen too and couldn’t help her and scared too. Then I saw these aliens, they saw me and ignored me, and then these stairs appeared in the apartment and they took Mary on a stretcher up to the roof.
    I somehow found myself on the roof but they were gone and the roof looked more like an open field. There was a rectangular box in front of me maybe made of stone only three feet high and I remember thinking, “they left the needles on the ground and the children might get hurt if they picked them up”. And I heard children laughing but I never saw them.
    I then woke up in my apartment in the dark, and thought I had a scary dream. I tried to quickly go back to sleep and forget what I had just “dreamed”.
    A few years later around 1993, I got the book, Communion by Whitley Strieber and I remember when I started reading the part about the abduction, I felt such a deep terror, I stopped reading and got rid of the book. It brought back my memory of that night that I had witnessed and remembered how helpless me and Mary had been. They can take you anytime and you cannot resist or escape them, that’s the worst part.
    I never knew what happened to that woman Mary or who she was or if she went missing, or if it really happened, and I never told my family about it either. I’ll leave it there..who knows...

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

Alecs (22nd May 2023), Bill Ryan (8th May 2021), EFO (8th May 2021), Eva2 (30th July 2021), Icare (8th May 2021), pabranno (8th May 2021), Rosco1 (30th July 2021), Sue (Ayt) (22nd May 2023), Trisher (8th May 2021), Victoria (6th August 2021)

7. Link to Post #24
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,281 times in 1,656 posts

I dint t Know if my "tale" here right is. Well ,I was in Spain , I must drive from Alicante to -Elche, something like 20 Km .
    All this way with old trees on both side between 2 meters. I drove a mini cooper 900 , and my ex a Panda (fiat) .
    I try to drive in the back from my ex , but there was no place available, that was rush hour, and everybody stay super close together.
    Well, I drove straight , and waited when a free place right may be...
    And its came like should came... A very large and big truck in front of me...
    I make peace with myself, no fear , no regret...it was what it was...and then...I saw him...it was like" He" toke charge on the wheel,(like the phantoms twins in Matrix 2 movie) today I could say it was my Upper me...in fraction from a second I" found" a left way and I drove with every craft tour left...
    I was angry that my car took a Little boil , that's all .Maybe some one hear hat similar experience or otherwise... For me was 100 % my upper selbst, the all knowing, and I saw him...
    It was no drama for me, like everything daily , not big deal, like... so what?.
    this wasn't the only spooky "event" in my life..
    I saw my ex terror face in between , and then when , I talked to her , she cant to realize what she saw...
    she was Out of her what so ever ...
    I began to realize, that I was protected, why or for what , I don't have any clue...

maybe some one here can bring one or two "enlighten "...
    Last edited by Vicus; 8th September 2023 at 19:45.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Vicus For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th August 2021), Hym (6th August 2021), Icare (30th May 2023), Orph (10th August 2021), pueblo (30th July 2021), Tracie (Bodhicee) (6th August 2021), Vangelo (9th September 2023), Victoria (6th August 2021)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member Victoria's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,525 times in 277 posts

Vicus,

Maybe you have not yet met your purpose in this life? I feel that we may have many unseen hands who help guide us and that sometimes, we happen to catch a glimpse of them (or of our true potential and abilities) during split seconds of crisis. I'm glad you were both safe through that experience!

I have a really weird, not amazing or extraordinary, just plainly bizarre experience that came back to mind several days ago...

Sometime in the early 2000s(?), I was driving up A1A from Miami to Atlanta. I had a fairly strict time constraint and found myself slightly off course, passing through the small town of Christmas, when I noticed a black and white cow on the side of the road.

It was upside-down on its back, with it's legs stiffly held in the air. I had never seen anything like that and circled back around to get a better look, thinking maybe some college kid had stolen a Chick-Fil-A plaster cow model as a prank.

No, much to my dismay, it seemed to be a real cow on its back with her soft tail on the ground. I circled around again and started to feel a little frantic. Frightened even, which didn't make sense. It was mid morning and a sunny beautiful day. There wasn't a single other car on the road with me.

As an animal lover, I constantly stop during road trips to move those creatures that have been hit out of the road, or to check if they are still alive and need help. Yet, in that moment, I started to panic instead and could not force myself to pull over to inspect the cow more closely.

I just kept circling around and becoming more and more anxious. Was it alive? Was it dead? Is that what cow tipping looks like? I had absolutely no idea.

I started to feel guilty for not getting out. I also just wanted to leave as fast as possible, but felt wretched for the poor animal. Finally, I drove a slight distance down the road to a wooded area and pulled over to call the nearest animal shelter and report the cow. The lady who answered seemed incredulous about what I was saying and didn't offer any assistance, or seem to care.

So, I called my aunt in another state who worked with an animal protection group there, to see if she could help me look up a better option. For some reason, I felt compelled that this cow was still alive and needed help, but I just could not look directly at it.

She gave me the number for an Orlando animal rescue. When I called them, they asked all the expected questions: time, exact location, full description of the animal, whether anyone else had seen it, etc. They requested that I stay there until someone could arrive.

I explained that was not possible because I had a deadline to meet, but that the cow was definitely there and I would be happy to sign any paperwork necessary, if they would email it to me. Feeling like I had successfully and somewhat responsibly addressed the problem, I drove on.

Two hours later, I received a call from the FBI. They wanted to know where I was and why I left the scene. What scene? Why was the FBI asking me about a cow on the side of the road? I panicked and hung up. I may have even thrown the phone out of the window.

They called several times to my parents' home looking for me in the following days, but I never returned their calls. I can't even begin to explain my strange reaction.

This event was almost forgotten completely until it came to mind again the other day...and I am still puzzled why the FBI would be so persistent about what was likely a dead and bloated cow on the side of the road.

Name:  cow tip.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  75.8 KB
    (https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...ly-do-3867017/)
    Last edited by Victoria; 26th March 2022 at 01:45. Reason: Adding a photo I thought was comically appropriate: curious choice of subject matter/composition for the image considering the limited content of the Smithsonian article it was posted in :)

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Victoria For This Post:

avid (6th August 2021), Bill Ryan (6th August 2021), Ewan (10th July 2023), Hym (6th August 2021), Icare (19th January 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (6th August 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (9th July 2023), Mike (6th August 2021), Orph (10th August 2021), Sue (Ayt) (6th August 2021), Tracie (Bodhicee) (6th August 2021), Vicus (12th November 2021)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,097 times in 20,639 posts

A weird synchronistic incident which I think is worth sharing.
    I am reading the new novel, "Blue Skies" by one of my favorite authors, T.C. Boyle.

See:
    (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/62586053-blue-skies

"From best-selling novelist T. C. Boyle, a satirical yet ultimately moving send-up of contemporary American life in the glare of climate change.

Denied a dog, a baby, and even a faithful fiancé, Cat suddenly craves a snake: a glistening, writhing creature that can be worn like “jewelry, living jewelry” to match her black jeans. But when the budding social media star promptly loses the young “Burmie” she buys from a local pet store, she inadvertently sets in motion a chain of increasingly dire and outrageous events that comes to threaten her very survival.

Blue Skies follows in the tradition of T. C. Boyle’s finest novels, combining high-octane plotting with mordant wit and shrewd social commentary. Here Boyle, one of the most inventive voices in contemporary fiction, transports us to water-logged and heat-ravaged coastal America, where Cat and her hapless, nature-loving family―including her eco-warrior parents, Ottilie and Frank; her brother, Cooper, an entomologist; and her frat-boy-turned-husband, Todd―are struggling to adapt to the “new normal,” in which once-in-a-lifetime natural disasters happen once a week and drinking seems to be the only way to cope.

But there’s more than meets the eye to this compulsive family drama. Lurking beneath the banal façade of twenty-first-century Californians and Floridians attempting to preserve normalcy in the face of violent weather perturbations is a caricature of materialist American society that doubles as a prophetic warning about our planet’s future. From pet bees and cricket-dependent diets to massive species die-off and pummeling hurricanes, Blue Skies deftly explores the often volatile relationships between humans and their habitats, in which “the only truism seems to be that things always get worse.”

An eco-thriller with teeth, Boyle’s Blue Skies is at once a tragicomic satire and a prescient novel that captures the absurdity and “inexpressible sadness at the heart of everything.”)

It's a depressing theme of course, but for those who appreciate good writing and sardonic humor, this book is typical of Boyle's genius wit, and also very timely.

Moving on, I also just started watching Star Trek/ Picard/ Season 1 which so far appears to be centered around a supernova event in the Romulan system that destroys their planets.

I have been focusing a lot on the reports about the geomagnetic pole reversal/12,000 solar cycles, and have been posting them regularly for a couple of years now here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...s-and-Ice-Ages
    ...about the kind of disasters that micronova events from our own Sun seem to cause periodically, and so that subject is something that is generally on my mind in any case...

And though I didn't know it when I checked out the novel or started watching the new Star Trek series, both are focused on such disasters.
    But the really weird synchronistic happening that struck me dramatically enough to write about it is that the old classic song once sung by Bing Crosby "Blue Skies" is re-recorded and played in Star Trek/ Picard. See:

...And again, "Blue Skies" is the title of the apocalyptic novel by T. C. Boyle.

I think that song is going to be running through my mind ad nauseum for a while....
    Each breath a gift...

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th June 2023), Ewan (10th July 2023), Harmony (9th July 2023), Icare (30th May 2023), Patient (9th July 2023), Sue (Ayt) (22nd May 2023), Victoria (7th September 2023)

13. Link to Post #27
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 times in 830 posts

An underwater lake with liquid so dense the submarine bounced off its surface.

Weird

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Icare For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2023), Ewan (10th July 2023), Harmony (9th July 2023), Victoria (7th September 2023)

15. Link to Post #28
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,224 times in 2,093 posts

Quote Posted by Ravenlocke (here)
    Wow...I had a similar experience in a river. There was a few of us on inner-tubes going down this river. The idea was to get out before the faster rapids. I wasn't paying attention and I ended up going into the heavy rapids. My inner-tube flipped over and I found myself pushed to the bottom and I was banging off of the rocks on the bottom. Then everything went still and looking up I could see what looked like the sun through the water - it looked beautiful and I no longer felt any pain (from hitting the rocks) and I just laid there in total peace. The next thing I knew I was kneeling on the river bank puking up water and some man had his hand on my shoulder. He gave me a pat on my shoulder and walked away.

I would have drowned if it wasn't for that stranger. But same as you - looking up a the sun (or just a bright light) in total peace. Except I didn't have time to reflect on going to it as I said the next moment I was on the river bank.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th July 2023), Ewan (10th July 2023), Harmony (9th July 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (9th July 2023), Miller (9th July 2023), Orph (10th July 2023), Seeclearly (9th July 2023), Victoria (7th September 2023)

17. Link to Post #29
    Germany Avalon Member SoulValor's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Victoria (here)
    Two hours later, I received a call from the FBI. They wanted to know where I was and why I left the scene. What scene? Why was the FBI asking me about a cow on the side of the road? I panicked and hung up. I may have even thrown the phone out of the window.

They called several times to my parents' home looking for me in the following days, but I never returned their calls. I can't even begin to explain my strange reaction.

This event was almost forgotten completely until it came to mind again the other day...and I am still puzzled why the FBI would be so persistent about what was likely a dead and bloated cow on the side of the road.

Attachment 48664
    (https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...ly-do-3867017/)
    Hi Victoria,
    when I first read that you saw a cow upside down the first thing that came to my mind were cattle mutilations...

Now I'm not sure if in the typical case they drop the cow off in a way that it lies flat or whatever or - sometimes (like in your case) - upside down. They probably don't care anyway.

So this could explain why
    a) you were so scared of it (maybe the UFO or whoever the culprits were were still around (on a different plane))
    and b) why the FBI got involved.
    And c) why you were scared to talk to them because who knows if they were/are involved at some level too.
    Just be happy you didn't get any visitation by Men in Black.

Do you think I could be right in my assessment? Is it possible that the cow was mutilated in any way because you wouldn't have been able to see those parts? (tongue,eyes,genitals,etc) Your spooked out feeling kind of speaks to this I think.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SoulValor For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th July 2023), Ewan (10th July 2023), Harmony (10th July 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (9th July 2023), Victoria (7th September 2023)

19. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,517 times in 4,009 posts

Quote Posted by Victoria (here)

Here is one kind of opposite.

When I was a kid, there was a rite of passage called "training wheels".

The little kids had to learn how to ride a bicycle on the street with training wheels. The first one I got did not come with these, and it was sitting in the yard and got stolen by the garbage collector along with the rest of them in the neighborhood, but we never got it back.

So I went on time-delay until we got another one, I got the hang of it, and "graduated" to the "big kids" who could ride everywhere. That is what we did, all over the place. It was great! But you don't see them now.

I lived on "the edge", so to speak, where I could ride one way and enter the community, or, the other way was mostly just a few roads through the woods, which were commonly used as dumping grounds for couches and washing machines and whatever, right there on the side of the road. Most of the speed limit signs were riddled with bullet holes and shotgun pellets, and clear areas were party zones where people consumed mass amounts of drugs. This, to me, is "normal".

I could go about a mile down a dirt road to a small bridge over a muddy creek. One day, myself and a friend rode out to the creek, parked, and walked into the woods along the creek.

We went, I would say more than fifty feet but less than a quarter of a mile, and, lo and behold, right there beside the creek was a dead cow.

The nearest...anything...was probably our houses about a mile away. Any farm would have been probably two or three miles the other way. Not much reason a cow could normally get here. If you can't ride a bicycle down there, you can't drive a truck and dump a cow. And if you had dragged it from the roadside, this would have been quite difficult, and there were no obvious signs that such a large carcass had been pulled through the vegetation.

My friend was, perhaps, a little more morbid than me, and came up with the idea that we should attempt our own "cattle mutilation".

So we went to pick up some knives and saws, which were only about a mile away, which took twenty minutes or so.

When we got back, the cow was gone.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th September 2023), Ewan (10th July 2023), Harmony (7th September 2023), Orph (10th July 2023), Victoria (7th September 2023)

21. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member Victoria's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,525 times in 277 posts

Shaberon, wow Once you experience something like that, it's hard not to wonder if this kind of thing happens (mostly unnoticed) all around us, all the time? How many abductions or mutilations or disappearances occur just beyond the edge of everything that is normal? Maybe like Soul Valor suggests for my experience, in yours something might have been happening that your conscious senses didn't recognize, but which your friend's subconscious mind picked up on as an inclination to mimic/do.

I have thought and thought and thought about what happened to the cow that I saw, since writing that post...and truly feel there may have been a cattle mutilation in progress, because no matter how much I wanted to help the cow, or look more closely... I just couldn't..I couldn't do it. It was as if the cow was illuminated (at least in mind) in that tiny clearing of trees between the road and the Atlantic Ocean, but I was frantic and agitated beyond reason or words at not being able to pull over there, or get out to assess what had happened.

That's strange because I've *almost* never been too afraid to help an animal or person in need. The almost being one exception of a very dark scene that I walked up to, when I was in high school. It changed the way I approached things ever after.

I had followed the cries of an animal desperate to help it, only to find a man hunched over under a tree, murdering puppies with a knife in Villa Borghese. He was doing some kind of ritual. Then, and only then, which I can never forget, I walked quickly away crying, trying to find someone else to stop him...instead of doing it myself.

That was the only time. Since then, I force myself to look at troubling things and fix them or address them directly, instead of turning away. So, having seen my share of truly gruesome things in the last decade or two, it is strange to note that I was never so affected as by whatever surrounded the cow.

Just the fact that it seemed impossible to look directly at what was happening to her makes sense, exactly as you mention, Soul Valor, that maybe something more was occurring. Something I didn't want to see... or something I couldn't stop. Maybe I blanked it out unintentionally. The whole thing was too strange and stands out too clearly as being unusual- unusual in the clarity of those moments leading up to it and afterward, contrasting with the irrational and inexplicable oddity of the sight.

I have actually wondered if I took part in something and don't remember it, it's that unsettling and weird.

The cow was so straight and legs so vertical, it was as though she was suspended, inanimate, which is why I thought she was a plaster cow statue. Yet, it caused a tremendous and unusual fear; and the unusual stillness and emptiness in just that stretch of the drive was twilight zone-ish, almost like a perfectly lucid dream that you remember decades later - but with main characters who remain completely faceless.

**Thank you, Soul Valor. and your name is fitting ...**
    Last edited by Victoria; 7th September 2023 at 06:27. Reason: adding a thanks

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Victoria For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th September 2023), Harmony (7th September 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th September 2023), Yoda (7th September 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2