Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Actress Ellen Page Is Now Actor Elliot Page

1. Link to Post #41
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

Default Re: Actress Ellen Page Is Now Actor Elliot Page

Gender identity is lunacy created by academics wanting to be immortalized because they coined a "NEW term/idea" - no different to a scientist wanting to find and name a never before seen butterfly or comet.  No different to the egotist who coined white fragility.  And let's not forget the barbaric psychologist and researcher, John Money, who coined gender identity and gender role.

Lunacy is extreme folly and eccentricity and it has successfully infiltrated and gained control of cultural spaces by demanding that everyone salute, praise and worship the folly or you will be humiliated, branded, and cast aside.

Gender identity politics are exploiting individuals who differ from the status quo (minorities) in sexual orientation and/or mannerisms and behaviours, to the point where people and groups are now addicted to the power bestowed upon them when they lay claim to being a marginalized victim.  One clear example is competition for the next letter in the alphabet along with numerous other illogical demands.

We have come a long way in fixing wrongful persecution of people preferring intimacy with a same sex partner and this activism should rightly continue.  The only add-ons required were for the world to now accept men dressing like women and behaving effeminately because that is their preference, and women dressing like men and behaving masculinely because that is their preference.

It would have been an easy transition to achieve on the back of the LGB success by just adding T to describe the above preferences because it casts a broad net of inclusivity; and biological anomalies and subsequent choices would have also benefited from keeping the activism mandate simple.

Biological males and females should have stayed in those biological lanes lobbying for behavioural and fashion rights and freedoms within the military, sporting industry, etc.  Society would have accepted and progressed far quicker because I do believe that deep down the majority don't actually give a damn about who you want to sleep with, what you want to wear, or whether you want to behave like Barbie or Ken.

But no, eccentric egotists had to take the activism into lunacy causing confusion, division and regression; and transgenders had to demand power and attention by wanting the right to jump over into opposite biological gender arenas.  This is an assault and psychological abuse of biological genders because egocentric whims are being used for political, manipulative, and financial reward.

Where are the "experts" helping people deal with mental health disorders arising from  psychological confusion and anxiety; fear of being humiliated and marginalized in social and work environments because of the confusion and anxiety; loss of loved ones hooked into gender identity cult behaviour; etc.

Oh, that's right, they're too busy basking in their moment of glory on the world stage and haven't noticed the phenomenal collateral damage they have created in the process.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (7th December 2020), Constance (7th December 2020), Ivanhoe (9th December 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th December 2020), Mike (7th December 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (8th December 2020)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

ok ... so i don't think its up to anyone to determine what is "right" for anyone else but themself ...

my issue is not with the "gender identification"
    or sexual orientation

it is really presumptive and intrusive to involve one's self in the affairs of
    what an adult does with another consenting adult in the privacy of their own bedroom

and i don't think anyone should have been asking for the approval of anyone else in the first place in these areas

truly NONE Of their business ...

the issue i have

is the INFRINGEMENT of someone's will upon another

anyone ...

for any reason ...

i also actively disassemble all claims that

"someone else is responsible for my feelings"
    OR
    "it is YOUR job to make me happy"

both are viruses
    contaminating the sovereignty of each other

my conversation is more along the lines of:

"what the heck is wrong with you trying to FORCE everybody to "approve of you"?
    what they like or dislike should barely register more than a blip in your awareness

and you can't go running to your sand box and crying every time somebody doesn't "Like you"

didn't you go through childhood?
    NOBODY likes everybody

there are 7 billion people out there
    and ALL of them like different things

at some point that just HAS to STOP being such a SURPRISE
    much less a problem

something we ALL just have to "deal" with
    it's just Life

learning to deal with this effectively is part of every human being's challenge"

and though the words may not be "gentle" and "sweet"?
    it sure does put the power squarely back in THEIR hands where it belongs
    Last edited by iota; 7th December 2020 at 12:14. Reason: add my conversation
    We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

ClearWater (9th December 2020), Constance (7th December 2020), Mike (7th December 2020), selinam (7th December 2020), Sue (Ayt) (7th December 2020)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,535 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by iota (here)
    the issue i have
    Yes, this is the issue. Anyone can do anything they like with anyone else (with their consent!), in bed or anywhere else.

That's a private matter and isn't anyone else's concern. You don't even have to talk about it, let alone launch polemics and "social justice" campaigns.

But keep your hands (and ideas, and suggestions, and sexual influence) off the children. To do otherwise is a form of child abuse.

@igniop, I hope you're not a teacher. Based on what you wrote, you're not safe to be one, or to have anything to do with children.

And I also hope you'll have the courage to reply to the various reactions to your post. To do otherwise is hit-and-run cowardice.

I rarely speak so strongly about almost anything here. I'm well-known for my patience and tolerance. But this kind of lunacy (and that's what it is) is dangerous and destructive.

This isn't "hate speech". I'm assuming you're a very pleasant, well-meaning person. If we had coffee together, I might like you a lot. But maybe you're not a person who's reached the point of thinking clearly about any of this at all.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 7th December 2020 at 13:35.

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (7th December 2020), Chris Gilbert (7th December 2020), Ewan (7th December 2020), iota (8th December 2020), Ivanhoe (9th December 2020), kudzy (7th December 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th December 2020), Mike (7th December 2020), palehorse (8th December 2020), selinam (7th December 2020), Siphonemis (15th December 2020), Sirus (7th December 2020), Strat (7th December 2020), Sue (Ayt) (7th December 2020), Yoda (7th December 2020)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,244 times in 4,597 posts

I’ve got to understand through small number of friends really something about trans-gender experiences in the process of spiritual evolution. Something extraordinary that did not always give me sense but my understanding is adding, in those matters.

Caveat: it does not happen to everybody, on long path of self-understanding but to some people it does. Unless they are guided and kind of self isolated at that point, the way meditators of past did they get the full impact of this opening and transformation of their minds, sometimes bodies to another “selves”, in fact their virtual counterparts.

It’s rarely a smooth process -unless it happens under cognitive wisdom control- it’s mostly a “mess”. Some run into exotic or bad sexual innuendos in that period,
    others start getting absurd feelings about their bodies,
    the way they look to others and so forth.

Step away for a bit and realize something, as little children we all are basically “gender fluid” and we are capable of functioning as such any time in our life if necessary. Professionalism is gender fluid to be clean rather than stirred to particular side to draw attention to “who you are”, “how you look” and “whom you are missing” ,
    on the other side of the mirror.

If doctor keep discriminating against your gender on surgery table you may end up screwed.

Many highly evolved humans are “gender fluid” on inside and depending on their levels of functioning simply maintain one gender image that is native to our birth.

Those who can’t control the energy at some point or do not understand real value of the transformation equals zero, may spend their lifetime in endless chatter who is more YIN and who is more YANG.

At the end of the day, the transformation collapses to zero, regardless 😅

So think how much suffering this costs, these “public stunts” and martyrdom on behalf of something so illusory and whether you feel like a boy today or a girl.

So much pain for nothing at all

🙏

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Constance (7th December 2020), Ewan (7th December 2020), iota (8th December 2020), Mike (7th December 2020), Sue (Ayt) (7th December 2020)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,244 times in 4,597 posts

On behalf of young children, there is no “one model that fits all”, no psychology cookbook that explains all about “your child”. Everyone is unique and grow up differently.

One fault that parents seem to repeat is “modeling” their kids to certain image or trying to which imposes subtle pressure on the individual whether they seem to cope with it or not, more likely they will seek freedom from that model and rebel against it for the rest of their lifetime.

Parents forcing kids the “right toys” have then to tolerate hysterical fits and tyranny in relationships and children will look upon them forever as “cruel creatures”.

In reality most young ones play with both trains, dolls and cards, without prejudice.

Many boys keep dolls and Teddy’s to teenage but out of their peers and parents view,

Some parents keep throwing kids toys out prematurely causing life long traumas.

Other parents keep dressing kids to impossible costumes and colors you hate at that time.

Most are “surprised” and disrespectful when children’s likes and habits change as if you were meant to stay the same for lifetime

There is nothing wrong with most children and how fast or slow do they grow up but the society should be certainly more caring and supportive to children and teenagers, respect individuality and give hand in the transformation process.

If we can’t do that they always end up in the street, in hands of predators and suffer the most.

It’s good to be compassionate and professional about it, not “emotional”. Our grown up emotions can be too strong, too overwhelming, too loaded.

It’s better not to be too emotional about facts
    and let them know of dangers, seriously.

I know of parents who do not do that actually either because they’re uneducated or mentally disabled or out of character,
    and it leads to many trials and life disasters ever after.

🦢

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Constance (7th December 2020), Ewan (7th December 2020), iota (8th December 2020), Mike (7th December 2020)

11. Link to Post #46
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,508 times in 4,311 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    But keep your hands (and ideas, and suggestions, and sexual influence) off the children. To do otherwise is a form of child abuse.
    This is the crux of the issue. It ALL about the children.

Gender dysphoria is quite real, and a quite natural (although rare) condition. And its source/cause is spiritual, exactly as Onawah posted. That's all there is to it.

What is completely unnatural is the shifting social and cultural paradigm, the one that plugs, pushes, advertises, publicizes, propagandizes, and markets gender politics. It seems to me what they're trying to do is force public perception – and its moral compass – to be dictated to by the powers that be, rather taking cues from the inner spiritual self (the conscience).

The entire goal is to condition people to accept what they didn't accept before. If you brand something unacceptable as acceptable for long enough, and to as wide an audience as possible, they will slowly desensitize and quietly acquiesce. Think for example sex and violence on television: If you aired Game of Thrones to primetime audiences in 1970, or even 1990 for that matter, would they accept it? Not in a million years. But if you condition them gradually over 50 years...

Add social media to the mix, and strict social penalties (being cancelled) for refusing to accept, the masses acquiesce even more quickly than television.

The Overton Window has shifted radically over the last 50 years. The target today is children. It's not just their bodies they're sexualizing (or in very dark circles about the harnessing 'energies' - think ritual abuse), this is primarily about programming the minds of the young. This is all about the generations to come and the future 'they' are trying to create.

In twenty or thirty years today's kids will be the adults of this world. Its workers, its thinkers, its teachers. And they'll be having children of their own. If today's cultural engineering succeeds (and continues to succeed), where will their Overton Window be? Think of that world. What values will they be upholding...

Will pedophilia – as an example – be normal by then? Will adult/child marriages be accepted, supported, even exalted? I believe there are those who want to make it so.

Consider, that in the period of just a few years we have arrived in a place [or been shifted to a place] where having a mildly conservative opinion is considered, by some, to being virtually Hitler. This is how it works.

Just as our social and cultural present has shifted (in large part artificially, purposefully) from the social and cultural past, so will the future shift (further) away from our present.

tl;dr
    Gender identity is one of the tools they exploit to shift the Overton Window.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (7th December 2020), ClearWater (9th December 2020), Constance (7th December 2020), Ewan (7th December 2020), iota (8th December 2020), Mike (7th December 2020), Sue (Ayt) (7th December 2020)

13. Link to Post #47
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 19:39.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Ewan (8th December 2020), iota (8th December 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (15th December 2020)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

Wink Re: Actress Ellen Page Is Now Actor Elliot Page

the issue i have
    Yes, this is the issue. Anyone can do anything they like with anyone else (with their consent!), in bed or anywhere else.

That's a private matter and isn't anyone else's concern. You don't even have to talk about it, let alone launch polemics and "social justice" campaigns.

@igniop, I hope you're not a teacher. Based on what you wrote, you're not safe to be one, or to have anything to do with children.

And I also hope you'll have the courage to reply to the various reactions to your post. To do otherwise is hit-and-run cowardice.

I rarely speak so strongly about almost anything here. I'm well-known for my patience and tolerance. But this kind of lunacy (and that's what it is) is dangerous and destructive.

This isn't "hate speech". I'm assuming you're a very pleasant, well-meaning person. If we had coffee together, I might like you a lot. But maybe you're not a person who's reached the point of thinking clearly about any of this at all.

To be honest I kind of regret even posting what I did. not because I don't agree with what I said but because now I actually have to reply

But I guess I'll have to eat this soup with everyone else now

and no I'm not a teacher, I don't have children and I don't work with children.

I only think that if your child comes to you one day and tells you that they feel like another gender that it should not be such a big issue. if a boy feels like they are genuinely a girl for example why not just let your child be who they wants to be and love them the same. it might be just a phase and it might not.

a person that feel like they are in the wrong body should not be an issue at any age as long as they get support and not hate. it should not be such a big scary thing.

of course I'm not talking about parents forcing their children to be something that they are not and shoving ideas down their throats (that is completely wrong!) I'm talking only about supporting and accepting our children if they choose to be something which might not be the norm.
    I'm not talking about throwing ideas at children just listening to their hearts if they come forwards with such ideas!

I think we can all agree that any form of sexual abuse or influence is wrong!!
    but we are not talking about sex. we are talking about other things (at least in my opinion) like gender identity, and I still fail to see what is so wrong with a boy deciding he is a girl or the other way around. thats all.(and twe should be accepting them as such. they cause us no harm).

one last thing since I haven't made myself clear maybe. I totally and honestly agree there is a big push for separation, division etc coming from the elites that are trying top push us down their timelines as was also mentioned before. unfortunately trans people are definitely being used as a part of this attempt(as well as black people). but I honestly think that we all need to find a balance while still accepting that whilte they are being used those people still totally exist and we need to somehow respect to them and show them love as well.

we need to find unity within our world not more separation. somehow. I really hope we will.
    -.-.-.-. Love Is Possible .-.-.-.-

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to igniop For This Post:

ClearWater (9th December 2020), Constance (8th December 2020), Ewan (8th December 2020), iota (8th December 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th December 2020), Sue (Ayt) (8th December 2020)

17. Link to Post #49
    Language
    English
    Thanks

all of the responses have been filled with remarkable insight

i tend to look for where there is an attempt to "muddy the waters"

in all of this, i just want to make sure that igniop is very CLEAR that most of the conversation (and backlash) is directed at an issue and NOT at him personally

he was just the messenger

it just happened to be a message that is not well received

nevertheless, the backlash remains FOR the message ~ NOT him

and i wouldn't want him to interpret ANY of the messages personally ....

to be CLEAR ... there are TWO issues being discussed here

1.) is the issue of gender identity, and the increasing alarm in the role that is playing in the lives of children

when it comes to children? society WILL and SHOULD have VERY strong opinions and a sense of responsibility towards their protection

so ... Igniop

please be CLEAR ... THAT is what you are reading here

you have a particular perspective that thinks all is ok on that front and therefore ok for the children too

most here do NOT

but in stating that, it is NOT the "issue" that is being "attacked"

the issue that is being attacked IS > ideologies imposed on the children

we go back to the SAME issue of INFRINGEMENT

in other words, these issues? when it comes to adults? yea ... sure .... whatever rocks your boat

but when you introduce children? WHAT you are hearing and SHOULD hear is a protest and concern about ANYONE "INDOCTRINATING" ~ teaching, programming, whatever word you want to use as depicting strong influence

on children

we care

and NO ONE has more influence than a parent ... most adults participating in this discussion? if they cared to examine some of their long held beliefs, perspectives, aversions should not be too surprised that even if they are "different" than that of their parents? it was SOURCED there

i know a great mom, and she is a great mom specifically because she had such a lousy one. who knows if without THAT influence? she wouldn't just have been a "normal" mom ... you see?

AND the thing about children? is that especially through age 6 or 7? you CAN pretty much "program" anything into them. Its a well known fact that the Catholic church has long asserted:

"give us a child til the age of 7 and we will have him for life"

but a child is DEVELOPING and part of childhood is TRYING things out
    discovering what they like
    AND
    changing their minds

we've all known studious children, who then went full blown nerds, who got tired of that and went punk or "dark" and now are in Wall Street or a reverend somewhere

but they had the FREEDOM to change and explore

if you have SURGERY that's gonna take a bit more to "change" later ...

i don't know about you, but i was a totally different person at 10 than i was at 5, and then again at 13 than at 16 and by 18 i was sure i was "all done" and "all grown up" and boy was that funny at 23! and 27 to 33!!

but if my parents had "j;umped" on the first declaration of what i have "decided" today that i am?

and rushed to tell all their friends

and put me in front of a camera?

OMG

how the heck do i change my mind tomorrow?

and honestly, was gonna change my mind in an hour!

now some know ... ok ... no prob

no one needs to rush them to explore otherwise
    no one needs to rush to cement them in place

how about we just let them be?

the MAIN issue that most have
    and you should too
    and i DEFINITELY do

is this:

someone somewhere decided to declare they were "out"

and didn't notice that a majority did NOT care
    and some DID have an uproar but they're just like that
    they can go into uproar when daylight savings time first happens and throws their whole schedule
    they do that about a LOT of stuff ...

is it not possible to just ignore them?

and THAT is the crux of the issue

the people of this movement made it IMPOSSIBLE to ignore them

'they didn't just say: "i identify male/female"

and allow the rest of us to glance up and say:

"yea, cool ... whatever man" and go back to what we were doing

nooooooooooo ... it was "i identify male/female and by GOD you bloody well had BETTER approve of me"

they made THEIR issue?

OUR PROBLEM

VERY UNCOOL

and you'd best believe there WILL be a backlash

but it could have been about coloring the drinking water pukey green and

FORCING everyone to say: THAT IS AWESOME!" ~ OR ELSE!

its the implied threat
    the lack of choice

a human being MUST be "free" to be happy!!

period

so my issue isn't FOR 'gender identity'
    and my issue isn't AGAINST "gender identity'

my issue IS that IT IS NOT MY ISSUE

as fascinating as it is for those involved
    can they please understand it holds slightly less fascination for those NOT involved
    and even if they can't

can they understand the resentment in making THEIR feelings OUR problem?

don't take it personally
    and DO NOT make it about THAT issue

this hold true in marriages and relationships

i tell divorced and remarried parents all the time

"DO NOT make your new husband's choice to be "happy" or not? your children's problem!"

they are adults and it isn't your child's responsibility to MAKE sure your new hubby is happy ok?

let's just talk straight about that

so you see?

choose what you want .... for YOU

but the minute you start IMPOSING on others?
    don't be surprised they have a problem
    and don't cry discrimination

they would have the SAME problem if you imposed LOUD Music on them at 2 am

NO ONE wants to be IMPOSED upon

not even you i'd imagine ....

so that any adversary

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

ClearWater (9th December 2020), Constance (8th December 2020), Ivanhoe (9th December 2020), palehorse (8th December 2020)

19. Link to Post #50
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by igniop (here)
    the issue i have

To be honest I kind of regret even posting what I did. not because I don't agree with what I said but because now I actually have to reply

But I guess I'll have to eat this soup with everyone else now

and no I'm not a teacher, I don't have children and I don't work with children.

I only think that if your child comes to you one day and tells you that they feel like another gender that it should not be such a big issue. if a boy feels like they are genuinely a girl for example why not just let your child be who they wants to be and love them the same. it might be just a phase and it might not.

a person that feel like they are in the wrong body should not be an issue at any age as long as they get support and not hate. it should not be such a big scary thing.

of course I'm not talking about parents forcing their children to be something that they are not and shoving ideas down their throats (that is completely wrong!) I'm talking only about supporting and accepting our children if they choose to be something which might not be the norm.
    I'm not talking about throwing ideas at children just listening to their hearts if they come forwards with such ideas!

I think we can all agree that any form of sexual abuse or influence is wrong!!

but we are not talking about sex. we are talking about other things (at least in my opinion) like gender identity, and I still fail to see what is so wrong with a boy deciding he is a girl or the other way around. thats all.(and twe should be accepting them as such. they cause us no harm).

one last thing since I haven't made myself clear maybe. I totally and honestly agree there is a big push for separation, division etc coming from the elites that are trying top push us down their timelines as was also mentioned before. unfortunately trans people are definitely being used as a part of this attempt(as well as black people). but I honestly think that we all need to find a balance while still accepting that whilte they are being used those people still totally exist and we need to somehow respect to them and show them love as well.

we need to find unity within our world not more separation. somehow. I really hope we will.
    Igniop, so sorry, seems we were both posting at the same time ...

yes .. agree with you very much ... just different words is all ...

Quote I'm not talking about throwing ideas at children just listening to their hearts if they come forwards with such ideas!
    so LOOVE this!!

Quote and I still fail to see what is so wrong with a boy deciding he is a girl or the other way around. thats all.(and twe should be accepting them as such. they cause us no harm).
    NOTHING wrong and a parent would do psychological harm to give their child the idea that anything about them is NOT acceptable

just wanting to say that in that acceptance? let there be room for change, instead of locking them into an identity that they might have moved away from later

after all, plenty of "straight" children ended up gay adults, right?

Quote totally and honestly agree there is a big push for separation, division etc coming from the elites that are trying top push us down their timelines as was also mentioned before. unfortunately trans people are definitely being used as a part of this attempt(as well as black people).
    BINGO .. and i think even the ones that are not "woke" sense that somehow they are being manipulated into larger schemes than the way it is being presented .. and there is some of the resentment without even knowing where it came from and why?

Quote I kind of regret even posting what I did. not because I don't agree with what I said but because now I actually have to reply
    but i LOVED your reply!! was so thoughtful and insightful!! please reply or post more!! ... you did good here!!

allowed expression on all fronts and even if disagreement is discovered? it is always good to connect with one's beliefs

i really do hope we will hear more from you and thank you!

so that any adversary

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

ClearWater (9th December 2020), Constance (8th December 2020), Ewan (8th December 2020), palehorse (8th December 2020), Sue (Ayt) (8th December 2020)

21. Link to Post #51
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 19:35.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

ClearWater (9th December 2020), Ewan (8th December 2020), iota (8th December 2020), Journeyman (9th December 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th December 2020), onawah (8th December 2020), palehorse (8th December 2020)

23. Link to Post #52
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

Maybe Ellen Page has always been a hermaphrodite and was shy to assume that, now s/he is both finally. lol
    I really don't care about sexual orientation of anyone, do as you please and respect others in order to be respected.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Ewan (8th December 2020), iota (8th December 2020)

25. Link to Post #53
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,667 times in 638 posts

A close friend of mine had two boys and unluckily got a third boy! She has been a nursery teacher for 15 years and is used to children's weird traits. The boy when he was around two said he was not a boy because he was a girl. She let him dress up as a girl for fun but with two older brothers playing with guns and cars all day, it was not a neutral home environment. However, the boy never stopped fighting his parents, he would not let them cut his hair, he refused to wear boys clothes and hated when people called him a boy in the street.

Age four he is now officially a Girl! I can confidently say the parents did not push it on her. Buying girls clothes is not cheap. I have spent time with her and she does have a feminine energy. She plays very well with my daughter.

Is still do not think it is right, but I am willing to watch this space and see first hand what happens in this case.
    Last edited by sunwings; 10th December 2020 at 19:50.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Constance (9th December 2020), Mike (10th December 2020)

27. Link to Post #54
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,309 times in 5,692 posts

Quote Posted by sunwings (here)
    A close friend of mine had two boys and unluckily got a third boy! She has been a nursery teacher for 15 years and is used to children's weird traits. The boy when he was around two said he was not a boy because he was a girl. She let him dress up as a girl for fun but with two older brothers playing with guns and cars all day, it was not a neutral home environment. However, the boy never stopped fighting his parents, he would not let them cut his hair, he refused to wear boys clothes and hated when people called him a boy in the street.

Age four he is now officially a boy! I can confidently say the parents did not push it on him. Buying girls clothes is not cheap. I have spent time with him and he does have a feminine energy. She plays very well with my daughter.

Is still do not think it is right, but I am willing to watch this space and see first hand what happens in this case.

Hi Sunwings, I think all that is perfectly ok. Maybe the boy is trans. That's cool. But then again, maybe he's gay. Or, just maybe, he's straight and it'll become more evident as the years pass.

That's just the thing, isn't it? We shouldn't be rushing to make dramatic and unconventional assumptions about a child's sexuality...because he or she is...well...only a child. My 2 cents.

If I had a son, I would encourage him to do male activities. Rough and tumble play, for example, is documented as being not only a healthy but vital part of a young boy's upbringing.

He would wear traditionally male clothes as well. This hypothetical household would not be a democracy LOL. He would wear male clothes and do traditionally male things, not because female things are inherently bad but because as a male he should be acting like one. I abhor this notion that parents should somehow remain neutral and sort of hope for the best. That has the potential to be hugely damaging to a young boy or girl.

However, if this hypothetical son of mine stubbornly insisted on playing with dolls and wearing girl's clothing, and this feminine predilection continued into his early and mid-teen years, then that would be a different story. I would back off and give him the freedom to explore that. And I wouldn't have the slightest issue with it. It's perfectly ok to be trans or gay or whatever, just like it's perfectly ok to be straight...so long as that discovery is organic and not being put upon someone by anything agenda driven

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Constance (10th December 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (15th December 2020), onawah (10th December 2020), sunwings (10th December 2020)

29. Link to Post #55
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Page's IMDB bio: note the pronoun usage. I think it's fitting that it refers to itself as "they" because there's probably more than one soul claiming that body.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0680983/..._=nm_ov_bio_sm

Born February 21, 1987 in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Birth Name Ellen Grace Philpotts-Page
    Nicknames The Tiny Canadian
    Height 5' 1" (1.55 m)
    Mini Bio (1)

Elliot Page was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia to Martha Philpotts, a teacher, and Dennis Page, a graphic designer. Page wanted to start acting at an early age and attended the Neptune Theater School. They began their career at the age of 10 on the award-winning television series Pit Pony (1999), for which they received a Gemini nomination and a Young Artist Awards nomination. Later, Page appeared in Marion Bridge (2002), which won the award for Best Canadian First Feature at the Toronto International Film Festival. They won a Gemini Award for their role of Lilith in the first season of ReGenesis (2004), a one-hour drama for TMN/Movie Central, and for the cable feature, Mrs. Ashboro's Cat (2004), for Best Performance in a Children's or Youth Program or Series. In addition, Page appeared in the cult hit TV series Trailer Park Boys (2001).

As the lead in David Slade's Hard Candy (2005), which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival, Page garnered much praise for their tour de force performance as a 14-year-old who meets a 30-year-old photographer on the Internet and then looks to expose him as pedophile. Films that followed included the title role of Bruce McDonald's The Tracey Fragments (2007); An American Crime (2007), also starring Catherine Keener; and the third installation of the X-Men franchise, X-Men: The Last Stand (2006), where Page played Kitty Pryde.

With their breakout role in Jason Reitman's hit comedy Juno (2007), about an offbeat teenager who finds themselves unexpectedly pregnant, Page received Academy Award, BAFTA, Golden Globe and SAG Best Actress nominations, and won the Independent Spirit Award for their performance. They followed up that turn with the lead in Drew Barrymore's directorial debut, the roller-derby comedy-drama Whip It (2009), Christopher Nolan's psychological thriller Inception (2010), the independent film Peacock (2010), and the dark comedy Super (2010), opposite Rainn Wilson and Liv Tyler.

Page co-starred alongside Jesse Eisenberg, Alison Pill, Alec Baldwin, and Greta Gerwig in the Woody Allen ensemble comedy To Rome With Love (2012), and appeared in the thriller The East (2013), a story centered on a contract worker tasked with infiltrating an anarchist group, only to find themselves falling for its leader.

- IMDb Mini Biography By: Janet Petch
    Last edited by TomKat; 10th December 2020 at 02:28.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Mike (10th December 2020)

31. Link to Post #56
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

Hey, Doris! The very best kept secret: Sex between mature, loving, caring people who know what they are doing and are "on the same wavelength," is a rocket ship to love; and is seldom achieved on short acquaintance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3