View Poll Results: How often do you use cash?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0% never

0 0%
  • <5% of the time

7 12.73%
  • 5-10% of the time

9 16.36%
  • 10-25% of the time

11 20.00%
  • 25-50% of the time

4 7.27%
  • 50-75% of the time

6 10.91%
  • 75-95% of the time

14 25.45%
  • 100% all the time

4 7.27%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How often do you use cash?

1. Link to Post #21
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,591 times in 5,379 posts

Default Re: How often do you use cash?

The elimination of cash would be disastrous for humanity. This all began way back in the eighties with the introduction of the automated teller and the debit card. We did not understand the repercussions back then, but some of us did. Like usual, the warning fell on deaf ears.

The introduction of the debit card began with the transition to central banking that every country in the world adopted - except for the six or seven that America would go to war with in the coming years. And central banking began with the push to initiate the unemployment payouts by government. By institutionalizing a program that required deductions from taxes and tied to employment allowed for a national data bank on every person in the country. And with that data in hand, every person's private affairs were made a part of public record. The public record was used by the central banks to borrow money on the international market based on the data of its citizens, compiled under the pretext of helping those who had lost their jobs.

And with that the system of debt based fiat currency had shook off its most troubling aspect - the awful specter of tying the country's monetary solubility to a solid asset because that disallows debt to be calculated as an asset. So with the creation of central banking and the unemployment programs it became possible to decouple the country's currency from any backing at all - and base it on the promise to pay agreements between central banks and its customers.

The promise to pay is the gold-standard of the industry today. And people are more than happy to be offered the ability to promise to repay loans of fiat currency that has no value other than perception of value. You cannot eat the promise to pay of another. But no matter, valueless money can be printed ad infinitum to satisfy demand. And any valueless money required to ease the populace through to next month's payment can be printed on demand.

The entire system is based on debt, and that is not possible without central banks and valueless money. Money is free, with every borrowed dollar creating eleven more dollars by the slight of hand of central banking. It is only the borroer who pays, even though it is their borrowing that oils the machine and keeps it running. This in any sane world would be called the great fleecing of the public.

What kind of a world makes debt the measure of happiness? What kind of a world uses credit measures solely on the criteria of those who stand to make all the money? Why does your hydro payment affect your credit but your monthly rent does not? And why do the central banks get to make eleven times the money we borrow, when if they only made ten times profit all our debts would be paid the moment we borrow it?

It is a scam. It has always been a scam. And in a cashless society, the scam will become tyrannical.

What would we stash in our mattresses for that catastrophe that is always just around the corner? How could I feel safe if I cannot protect a little bit of my money by not having it in a bank? How would I pay my drug dealer? How would I pay that bribe so I can get the job? How would I get seated first if I can not grease a palm? How would I give a street person a few coins? How would I give alms at my church?

And don't say by using my smart phone, either. What with the great American electronic election steal it should be obvious to anyone that electronic anything, including banking, is not safe and is unsecured to the experts and the savvy.

If I do not have at least a one hundred dollar bill stashed away, it would be more but I am so poor these days, I go into stress mode and get very scared for my little comforts - like a roof over my head. (I store cardboard boxes and duct tape in case one month I finally can't make the rent and have to live under a bridge, no joke. I've come within less than four hours from being evicted more than once, it is not a fun feeling. Take cash away and I won't be able to hustle the under-the-table job anymore, which often pays the bills at the last possible moment.)

Take cash away and I would end up on the street.
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 5th December 2020 at 19:49.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Ben (5th December 2020), Bill Ryan (5th December 2020), DaveToo (5th December 2020), palehorse (7th December 2020), skogvokter (5th December 2020), Sue (Ayt) (6th December 2020), wondering (5th December 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,881 times in 612 posts

I make a point to use cash as often as possible! I am always shocked at how many people cannot make change. I also prefer cash so there is little record of what I am buying and when I buy it!
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Anka (5th December 2020), Ben (5th December 2020), Bill Ryan (5th December 2020), DaveToo (5th December 2020), palehorse (7th December 2020), Sue (Ayt) (6th December 2020), wondering (5th December 2020)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,442 times in 1,007 posts

I use cash in full, although we are included in the European Community in which "there are" laws, bank fees for using the card for shopping in Romania, are practically organized thefts (if not robberies with proper documents) of banks.

However, there are many cases, more serious or less serious, with a higher or lower probability of happening, for which it is better not to rely exclusively on reserves deposited in banks:

a generalized computer failure,
    a major crisis,
    a major earthquake will surely generate a few days of chaos and one of the consequences will be the inaccessibility of cash…
    If I think about it, I can find many more cases where we will not be able to access the money from the banks.

How likely are they to happen? Very small, but not impossible.
    And all this to be just human.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th December 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (5th December 2020), palehorse (7th December 2020), skogvokter (5th December 2020), Sue (Ayt) (6th December 2020)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,656 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Almost never use cash. Very rare.
    I use it for certain items that cash makes sense for..... and that's about it.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th December 2020), gord (6th December 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (5th December 2020), palehorse (7th December 2020)

9. Link to Post #25
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,265 times in 146 posts

I never seem to need cash anymore, wonder why?

just kidding of course

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Waldo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th December 2020), palehorse (7th December 2020), TargeT (6th December 2020)

11. Link to Post #26
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,427 times in 1,706 posts

the fact that we know this indicates that we are aware.

And need to stop them at every possibility.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th December 2020), gord (6th December 2020), palehorse (7th December 2020), Sue (Ayt) (6th December 2020), TargeT (6th December 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2