Thread: Tell me what you eat, I'll tell you what you are

1. Link to Post #1
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 times in 1,199 posts

Default Tell me what you eat, I'll tell you what you are

A very famous quote in France. Tell me what you eat, I'll tell you what you are. I love to cook and would say I'm greedy, but I've always been careful with my weight. I am the same weight as when I was a teenager and have even lost a size. I love discovering new flavors and creating and transforming my recipes. This afternoon my vegetable puree was accompanied by a handful of spinach, two carrots, a piece of celeriac, three Jerusalem artichokes, an onion for 3 potatoes, we had invited the granny. I also like Indian, Italian cuisine for these delicious gnoochie, I make them with sweet potato, I also make my pizzas, the spring rolls that I make myself in vegetarian mode. I also like Lebanese and Moroccan cuisine with cuckoos. I cook Reunion Island with the carry which combines four dishes in one. I like to vary the pleasures as in my practice of astrology. I have been practicing conscientious cuisine that promotes my health capital, such as nettle soup for three months now, which I am going to collect in nature. I'm far from perfect, I have my desires, my follies like everyone else and you?
    Last edited by Lunesoleil; 6th December 2020 at 23:23.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th December 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (8th December 2020), Constance (7th December 2020), EFO (7th December 2020), Ernie Nemeth (7th December 2020), ExomatrixTV (6th December 2020), Gracy (7th December 2020), Harmony (7th December 2020), Ioneo (8th December 2020), Journeyman (7th December 2020), justntime2learn (6th December 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (6th December 2020), Mare (7th December 2020), O Donna (7th December 2020), Sadieblue (7th December 2020), toppy (7th December 2020), wondering (7th December 2020), XelNaga (7th December 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,886 times in 612 posts

Default Re: Tell me what you eat, I'll tell you what you are

I eat loads of vegetables! I grow them. I have some venison sausage cooking right now and fresh eggs. I try to not eat sugar but I love chocolate on occasion!
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th December 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (8th December 2020), EFO (7th December 2020), Ernie Nemeth (7th December 2020), Harmony (7th December 2020), Lunesoleil (7th December 2020), O Donna (7th December 2020), toppy (7th December 2020), wondering (7th December 2020), XelNaga (7th December 2020), yelik (8th December 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,213 times in 21,086 posts

tell me what you are (in-depth) and I tell you what you (most likely) eat
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th December 2020), Ernie Nemeth (7th December 2020), Harmony (7th December 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (6th December 2020), Lunesoleil (7th December 2020), palehorse (7th December 2020), Peace in Oz (7th December 2020), toppy (7th December 2020), wondering (7th December 2020), XelNaga (7th December 2020), yelik (8th December 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,581 times in 1,719 posts

OK., I have been a wholistic practitioner for many decades and recently became 98% VEGAN.
    I don't believe in being extreme in any direction.
    A lot depends on what makes you feel good physically and mentally and of course spiritually.

You wont tell me what I am, I know what and who I am.
    But I know where you're coming from.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Alecs (7th December 2020), Bill Ryan (7th December 2020), Ernie Nemeth (7th December 2020), ExomatrixTV (7th December 2020), Harmony (7th December 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (7th December 2020), Lunesoleil (7th December 2020), toppy (7th December 2020), wondering (7th December 2020), XelNaga (7th December 2020), yelik (8th December 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,279 times in 2,100 posts

So many vegans. My whole family is almost vegan. A little bit of cheese gets in now and then, but when it does it makes our stomach hurt.

It feels right - I started just by cutting out red meat. Then my body started to feel better. I still ate some chicken and salmon. Stopped chicken and then the only salmon I could find was farmed (and i was losing my taste for it), and then the Fukushima nuclear disaster ended me eating salmon.

Many of our relatives, big meat eaters, died of cancer. I am gonna be around for quite a while yet.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th December 2020), Ernie Nemeth (7th December 2020), Harmony (7th December 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (7th December 2020), Lunesoleil (7th December 2020), Mare (7th December 2020), palehorse (7th December 2020), Peace in Oz (7th December 2020), toppy (7th December 2020), XelNaga (7th December 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

I like to cook Hungarian favorites. I just sort of picked it up and the recipes mostly came to me. I learned that anything can be made to taste good with the same amount of effort. It's an art and there is no wrong. I sometimes just come up with things, like orange sweet curried chicken. Our staples are schnitzel, stuffed cabbage with sausage and sour cream, and what people call goulash, I make it thick like a sauce. I can't eat gnocchi, I love it but it doesn't love me. I like to bake vegetables in the oven in olive oil and some spices till they get candied. But steamed broccoli, carrots, string beans or combos, where I'll slip in other things like parsley, fresh herbs, green onions, peas, spinach often comes as the side dish. Onions, fresh garlic and marjoram on or in everything from my Ayurveda days (best fit for Vata Pitta - me, Vata Kapha - her, as I remember.

I've cut way back on raw vegetables in the last few years because of IBS, irritable bowel syndrome, unofficially. Since I have, my stomach feels far better. Who knew? All those years of bloating, because I love raw vegetables...but they don't love me.

Now I'm hungry.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th December 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (8th December 2020), Harmony (7th December 2020), toppy (7th December 2020), XelNaga (7th December 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,260 times in 3,170 posts

eat for your blood type?? i'm 0-

if i eat lentils, beans ,soy, pea protein wheat, etc, i bloat and feel terrible.

if i eat steak, chicken and salmon, solid as a rock , no digestive issues

i really dont care how long i live, just care about my health and quality of life while living

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Alan (7th December 2020), Bill Ryan (7th December 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (8th December 2020), Elainie (7th December 2020), Ernie Nemeth (7th December 2020), Harmony (7th December 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (7th December 2020), leavesoftrees (12th December 2020), Lunesoleil (7th December 2020), palehorse (7th December 2020), Patient (7th December 2020), toppy (7th December 2020), XelNaga (7th December 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,279 times in 2,100 posts

Obviously, I think it depends upon where your food is coming from as well. Salmon from Atlantic and Pacific were different. Farmed or free. The salmon I was eating was awesome and then the colour changed - it was not a strong pink anymore. It was faded, and noticed the taste was faded as well. And it had a different oily texture that salmon never used to have.

I like things without spices and other additives. I appreciate the pure flavour of a vegetable. Of course there is room for different dishes. For example, an apple is great, but an apple pie without brown sugar and cinnamon would not work.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th December 2020), Ernie Nemeth (7th December 2020), Harmony (7th December 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (7th December 2020), Lunesoleil (7th December 2020), thepainterdoug (7th December 2020), toppy (7th December 2020), XelNaga (7th December 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Thank you for all this feedback, I saw that there were vegetarians and it is true that the raw food is not suitable for everyone. I have a conscience for a living food which gives energy like fruits.
    In my youth, I ate a lot of apples and in my home there is a saying that says “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” and my change of region made me go from raw apple to cooked apple.
    I am of a flexitarian nature, which means that I am not 100% vegetarian and that I manage to eat meat occasionally, but I prefer fish.
    We are psychologically conditioned by what we eat and our environment, soil air pollution, our thoughts which will make we prefer one food over another.
    In principle, I avoid consuming meat in the evening, but when I am invited in the evening I cannot help.

I am in a country where you eat a little too much cheese with a glass of wine, it's very French.

I currently live in a region where Alsatians consume a lot of cold meats, it is rather rare that we consume them. This year, I persuaded my darling not to buy foie gras because I don't really care. I think we're going to go for simplicity, that's what I would like, but when there are two of us, we have to tune our violins.
    For a while I tried it out, it wasn't long since my stomach couldn't stand it. I did it again later with an assortment of raw vegetables, it was also culinary art and taking pictures of my creation.

I share for vegetarians and vegans

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th December 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (8th December 2020), Ernie Nemeth (7th December 2020), Harmony (8th December 2020), Journeyman (7th December 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (7th December 2020), O Donna (7th December 2020), XelNaga (7th December 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

That dish looks wonderful!! can you go round the wheel and name each item?

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th December 2020), Ernie Nemeth (7th December 2020), Harmony (8th December 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (7th December 2020), Lunesoleil (7th December 2020), XelNaga (7th December 2020)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    That dish looks wonderful!! can you go round the wheel and name each item?
    it was my period of raw vegetables, I made them once a week, then I made a lot of vegan-style spring rolls, an Eva recipe and the small dishes on youtube. In this salad, I experimented with raw beetroot, there was fennel bulb I love with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon, avocado, cucumber, carrot and small tomatoes from the shared garden next to home me, spring onion and fresh parsley. I made several variations, follow the link on instagram.
    Tag Saladelunesoleil

🥕🥑🥒🍋🍄
    Last edited by Lunesoleil; 7th December 2020 at 14:47.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th December 2020), Ernie Nemeth (7th December 2020), Harmony (8th December 2020), thepainterdoug (7th December 2020)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Karen (Geophyz) (here)
    I eat loads of vegetables!
    I also like vegetables, recently I made a mixture of potatoes, celeriac and sautéed sweet potato. I really like the mushrooms embellished with mashed vegetables. Right now, I'm making potato pancakes with nettle mince, with a salad and I'm making my lunch. Today it was ratatouille, eggplant, zucchini and the last tomato, a large onion, garlic, rosemary, thyme and small bacon for taste.

Thyme, rosemary very good against the flu virus. Thyme in sauteed the potatoes is excellent ...

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th December 2020), Ernie Nemeth (7th December 2020), Harmony (8th December 2020)

25. Link to Post #13
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    tell me what you are (in-depth) and I tell you what you (most likely) eat
    One thing is certain that our character depends on what we eat. Knowing what a person has on their plate is enough to determine their spirit for the day? Will eating meat make us more aggressive and angry? A cow which will graze the grass in the meadow will give better milk than a cow fed with animal meal and which will be condemned to live in a box.

What am I deep down? I make mistakes like everyone else and try to do my best. I know what is good for me, I mean it and I question myself when necessary ...

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th December 2020), Ernie Nemeth (7th December 2020), Harmony (8th December 2020)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by East Sun (here)
    and recently became 98% VEGAN..
    The problem of the veganism that it is perhaps without knowing it for globalization, because it consumes processed foods that come from the other side of the planet. That he doesn't respect the rhythm of the seasons? Vegan lives in the extreme?, Often consumes products that are not really natural, spirulina and other trendy gadgets. Go buy strawberries in the winter to put in his smoothie. The role of the Vegan to raise awareness of the dangers of junk food, but may lack consistency in the message he wants to convey. I am for a living food and I think that the Vegan is not sufficiently alive sometimes in his food choices ... And your opinion ?, I'm interested, thank you

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th December 2020), Ernie Nemeth (7th December 2020), Harmony (8th December 2020), Journeyman (7th December 2020)

29. Link to Post #15
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Patient (here)
    :A little bit of cheese gets in now and then, but when it does it makes our stomach hurt.
    I like the cheese in the salad with nuts and I make my meal. Today I can go several days without eating cheese. Gone are the days of telling us that milk gives us calcium. The only milk I buy is from a local producer, raw and unpasteurized milk. For a long time I bought soy yogurts to replace milk and then I stopped, even soy milk I can't stand. Beware of veganism and vitamin B12 deficiencies ...

I absolutely avoid cheese in the evening and preferably eat light

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th December 2020), Ernie Nemeth (7th December 2020), Harmony (8th December 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (7th December 2020)

31. Link to Post #16
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    from my Ayurveda days (best fit for Vata Pitta - me, Vata Kapha - her, as I remember.
    I understand better with Kapha that your stomach does not support raw vegetables to digest them well I put mint, fennel bulb and lemon, the orange juice is also good with the carrot and I have no problem of digestion. For baked vegetables, have you tried the Wok?

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th December 2020), Ernie Nemeth (7th December 2020), Harmony (8th December 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (7th December 2020)

33. Link to Post #17
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

if i eat lentils, beans ,soy, pea protein wheat, etc, i bloat and feel terrible.
    For starchy foods, soak them overnight? You can throw in the first cooking water. I have heard that baking soda at the time of cooking helps with digestion. Do you know what else about blood groups and diet ?, thanks

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

I do remember a book called Eat for your blood type. I remeber reading it and matching it to my blood type 0- and it really rang the bell!!

I must be from a real knuckle dragging ancestry, no veggies around. Maybe only Blubber!

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

amor (12th December 2020), Bill Ryan (7th December 2020), Ernie Nemeth (7th December 2020), Harmony (8th December 2020)

37. Link to Post #19
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

I do remember a book called Eat for your blood type. I remeber reading it and matching it to my blood type 0- and it really rang the bell!!

I found that :

Following the blood group diet is therefore following a specific diet invented by Dr. d'Adamo for the blood group to which one belongs (A, B, AB or O).

According to him, the ancestors of people:

Of blood group A (the agrarian) are farmers;
    Of blood group B (the nomad) are nomads;
    Blood group AB (the enigmatic) are mixed between A and B;
    From blood group O (the hunter) are hunters (oldest ancestors).
    Source french

I think I'm from group A, my parents were farmers ...

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

39. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member Elainie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,549 times in 787 posts

Former long term vegan here, I am an O blood type and eat a keto diet. I have never felt better despite the "spiritual" concerns. I felt half deceased on various vegan regimes from macrobiotic to various raw vegan regimes and so on. I believe eat whole organic foods, what works for you and your ancestry. I believe in eating an ancestral type diet.
    Last edited by Elainie; 7th December 2020 at 21:49.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elainie For This Post:

Alan (18th December 2020), Bill Ryan (7th December 2020), Ernie Nemeth (7th December 2020), Harmony (8th December 2020), Lunesoleil (7th December 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast