+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Meticulously argued article against lockdowns and masks

1. Link to Post #1
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,622 times in 602 posts

Default Meticulously argued article against lockdowns and masks

Hi

I'd like to bring this to people's attention as the best argued case I've ever seen (and I read a LOT !) around lockdowns and masks. It is written by a PHD molecular chemist.

TL;DR
    Lockdowns force everyone into close-quarters where both aerosol and contaminated object type spread is maximised.

Masks create a cumulative viral reservoir strapped to our faces which INCREASES danger to our fellow citizens, not decreases it.

Here is the full article: https://www.aier.org/article/the-year-of-disguises/amp

Koops bio: https://www.aier.org/staffs/roger-w-koops/

Highlights (I've created these portable image links so you can either link to them or embed them where you like to promote):

Image 1 link: https://imgur.com/9ao91cA
    Image 2 link: https://imgur.com/9ao91cA

Last edited by indigopete; 7th December 2020 at 10:01.

2. The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to indigopete For This Post:

Agape (29th November 2021), AlaBil (7th December 2020), aoibhghaire (7th December 2020), atman (27th April 2021), Ben (7th December 2020), Bill Ryan (7th December 2020), Brigantia (7th December 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (7th December 2020), ClearWater (7th December 2020), Creedence (8th December 2020), Delight (7th December 2020), Dick (7th December 2020), earthdreamer (30th November 2021), Ewan (7th December 2020), ExomatrixTV (7th December 2020), Gwin Ru (7th December 2020), Ioneo (8th December 2020), Joseph McAree (7th December 2020), Journeyman (7th December 2020), justntime2learn (7th December 2020), Matthew (2nd April 2021), Mercedes (7th December 2020), mountain_jim (29th November 2021), O Donna (8th December 2020), palehorse (7th December 2020), Pam (29th November 2021), Patient (7th December 2020), Peace in Oz (8th December 2020), PegasusRising (7th December 2020), Philippe (7th December 2020), pueblo (7th December 2020), Sadieblue (7th December 2020), Satori (7th December 2020), selinam (7th December 2020), Sunny-side-up (7th December 2020), Tintin (7th December 2020), toppy (7th December 2020), Tyy1907 (7th December 2020), uzn (7th December 2020), Vangelo (8th December 2020), wegge (7th December 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,665 times in 20,818 posts

Default Re: Meticulously argued article against lockdowns and masks

⚠️ To me, wearing a mask is being complicit in a HUGE FEAR MONGER DECEPTION to virtue signal and help the LIES to continue endlessly ... To help the RIGGED Technocratic Computer Model Scare Tactics connected to a big push for eventually mandatory toxic ☠️ vaccines using mass psychological warfare ... In my view, the mask is a symbol that ultimately end up being worse than wearing a swastika in the 1930s.

‼️ For evil to triumph is not only for good people doing nothing but also for good people beLIEving the lies and act upon the lies as if it is "good".

John Kuhles November 20, 2020 🦜🦋🌳

🌐 Mask-Poll-2020
    🌐 UnhealthyMasks
    🌐 WHO-Unmasked
    🌐 Anti-Masks-Debate
    🌐 Face-Masks-Hysteria
    🌐 WhyFaceMasksDoNotWork
    🌐 WinkIfYouKnowMasksAreBS
    🌐 Experts-Exposing-Masks-Tyranny
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Agape (29th November 2021), Bill Ryan (17th December 2021), East Sun (8th December 2020), Ewan (8th December 2020), greybeard (1st April 2021), Matthew (2nd April 2021), O Donna (8th December 2020), Pam (29th November 2021), selinam (7th December 2020), TargeT (27th April 2021), Tintin (29th November 2021), Tyy1907 (7th December 2020), yelik (8th December 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,189 times in 4,071 posts

Peter Hitchens just tweeted these words:

Quote Posted by https://twitter.com/ClarkeMicah/status/1377606093724131328
    Ask yourself why there is no Wikipedia entry on the Danish Mask Study , and why pro-mask UK media did not report its publication.
    Hit and miss for me with Hitchens, I don't always agree, but I thought he used Socratic trolling well.

I found this by the British Medical Journal (BMJ) linked below, a cautious but not dismissive take on this Danish study. No wonder, because after all, something happened to squiffy the study whether nefarious or not. And with Dr Thomas Binder having been arrested by a SWAT team w/ sub-machine guns (like, WTF?) it's clear medical drug science has a brutal upper hand and isn't afraid to use it. That's my twisted thinking. I don't know, just thinking aloud. Here's the BMJ article:

-------=======------

The curious case of the Danish mask study
    Kamran Abbasi, executive editor
    Published 26 November 2020

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4586

Quote ...
    A disagreement among experts, especially about interpretation of a study, is a common occurrence. It is the usual business of science. Only, Facebook didn’t see it that way. The social media platform that allows statements about injecting bleach to prevent covid-19, as well as calls to behead the leading US expert on pandemics,67 decreed that Heneghan and Jefferson should be censured for misinformation after they reposted their Spectator article on the site.

It is possible to disagree with Heneghan and Jefferson about the robustness and interpretation of the DANMASK-19 trial—which I do—and still believe it is wrong that their opinion of it was marked as “false information.”8 It seems 2020 is Orwell’s 1984, where the boundaries of public discourse are governed by multibillion dollar corporations (in place of a totalitarian regime) and secret algorithms coded by unidentified employees. Where is Facebook’s accountability for the lies and damaging misinformation910 that it has peddled on controversial topics such as mental health and suicides,11 minorities,12 and vaccines1314?

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th December 2021), Ewan (15th December 2021), greybeard (1st April 2021), Tintin (29th November 2021), wondering (2nd April 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

Quote Lockdowns Were a Mistake As People Move To Take Their Lives Back
    By Jefferey Jaxen

There are some points no one wants to be right about. For Dr. Jay Bhattacharya and Dr. Martin Kulldorff, the founding members of the Great Barrington Declaration along with Dr. Sunetra Gupta, warning of the devastating effects on short and long-term public health from lockdowns on October 4, 2020 continues to come to fruition.

Over the weekend, Bhattacharya and Kulldorff wrote a piece in The Telegraph titled Lockdown proponents can’t escape the blame for the biggest public health fiasco in history. The narrative has crumbled. The self-aggrandizing public health officials who continually ignored the science in favor of a prolonged lockdown of society are now having to shoulder the blame for their failures. Rather than leave people alone and release restrictions, those same public health officials have decided to instead seek scapegoats to blame.

“A year ago, there was no evidence that lockdowns would protect older high-risk people from Covid-19. Now there is evidence. They did not” write Bhattacharya and Kulldorff.

Despite widespread, sustained global warnings to not implement lockdowns – and to end them early into their initiation – the damage from such measures continuing to unfold is almost unimaginable.

The due continues:

“The blame game for this fiasco is now in full swing. Some scientists, politicians, and journalists are complaining that people did not comply with the rules sufficiently. But blaming the public is disingenuous. Never in human history has the population sacrificed so much to comply with public health mandates.”

For some, the failed ideology of lockdowns are still suffocating populations. Joe Wallen, an India correspondent in Mumbai writing for The Telegraph recently wrote, “A draconian two-month lockdown from March to June last year pushed an estimated 400 million Indians into further poverty and resulted in around 32 million Indians dropping out of the country’s burgeoning middle-class.”

Last week, India’s capital city of New Delhi extended its lockdown amidst rising Covid infections in the country.

People want out of government lockdown nets suffocating their livelihoods and freedoms while widely stoking a growing mental health ‘pandemic’ in the shadows.

Over the weekend, anti-lockdown protesters took to the streets of Central London, ‘despite restrictions on mass gatherings’ reported the corporate media. A biased view was also leveled at the protestors with coordinated reporting from the usual astroturfing outlets claiming only a few thousand people showed up despite both videos and reports of staggeringly higher numbers.

As the protests advanced over the weekend in London, 22 signatories, including well known names like Professors Carl Heneghan and Sunetra Gupta, declared “It is more than time for citizens to take back control of their own lives” in a widely-distributed open letter. The scientists wrote, ‘“We are being told, simultaneously, that we have successful vaccines and that major restrictions on everyday life must continue indefinitely. Both propositions cannot be true,”

Echoing a commonly held claim that for most vaccinated and other low-risk people, Covid-19 is now a mild endemic infection, the scientists continue in their open letter to state:

“Covid-19 no longer requires exceptional measures of control in everyday life, especially where there have been no evaluations and little credible evidence of benefit.”

As their takeaway, the scientists put forth a simple decree: “…recommendations on face covering and social distancing in schools should never have been extended beyond Easter and should cease no later than 17 May. Mandatory face coverings, physical distancing and mass community testing should cease no later than 21 June along with other controls and impositions. All consideration of immunity documentation should cease.”

Here in the U.S., public health officials are readying their latest carrot for an only half-listening population. Despite governors in Texas, New Hampshire, Georgia, Iowa and several more to come lifting their restrictions on outdoor gatherings, the notoriously slow on the science CDC is considering updating its guidance on outdoor mask-wearing. The pre-conditioning push from corporate media to hype this coming move has been an embarrassing spectacle.

As mask mandates appear to be ending, tone-deaf governors like Oregon’s Kate Brown is seeking a state of emergency declaration which would require masking (even outside) ‘indefinitely.’ Meanwhile, in a virtual climate summit hosted by The White House which included Russian president Vladimir Putin, German chancellor Angela Merkel, Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, and EU leaders Ursula von der Leyen and Charles Michel, Biden was mocked by the media for being the only world leader wearing a mask.

The people are done with the restrictions. They no longer care for the dangling carrots. As summer rapidly approaches, public health officials should be spending less energy on seeking scapegoats for their failed policies and more effort on canceling them immediately. As previously reported, the ‘vaccine passport’ idea is a nonstarter and will backfire on those attempting to use it as the latest impediment keeping people from living their lives.

The damage to the credibility of ‘experts,’ ‘officials’ and the entire public health edifice who clung to unscientific lockdowns, stood by idly as their respected colleagues were censored, and callously discarded effective, life-saving therapeutics along the road to allowing their populations to be coerced into experimental vaccines.

A near future of sustained protests and noncompliant populations will grow at the rate which unscientific restrictions remain.
    Dive into the fray with host Ben Domenech, publisher and co-founder of The Federalist, as he welcomes Martin Kulldorff, PhD and Jay Bhattacharya, MD, PhD.

In this conversation, Dr. Kulldorff and Dr. Bhattacharya discuss how to improve trust in public health overall, the problems with mass lockdowns and COVID-19, and their thoughts on vaccinations and vaccine passports.

podcast here

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th December 2021), Ewan (15th December 2021), Pam (29th November 2021), Tintin (30th November 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Does anyone know anything about previous mask studies?

I heard a rumour of a double blind mask study several years ago but I can't find it atm, I must be fumbling my searches. Any chance someone could help me find previous mask studies? Thank you either way

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th December 2021), Ewan (15th December 2021), Tintin (29th November 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,611 times in 5,415 posts

Quote Posted by Matthew (here)
    Does anyone know anything about previous mask studies?

I heard a rumour of a double blind mask study several years ago but I can't find it atm, I must be fumbling my searches. Any chance someone could help me find previous mask studies? Thank you either way
    Hi Matthew

I'm not immediately certain whether I've caught that one but if you peruse the Facemasks folder in the library it's possible it is there. I've salvaged a fair few but can't guarantee I've necessarily found that one:

https://avalonlibrary.net/?dir=Coron...v%29/Facemasks

This file here provides multiple links to various studies too.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th December 2021), Ewan (15th December 2021), Matthew (29th November 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Brilliant Tintin, thanks for your help

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th December 2021), Ewan (15th December 2021), Tintin (29th November 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I came across this just now, published by the CDC. Looks at mask and hygiene studies

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26...4_article?s=09

Quote Posted by CDC article abstract
    There were 3 influenza pandemics in the 20th century, and there has been 1 so far in the 21st century. Local, national, and international health authorities regularly update their plans for mitigating the next influenza pandemic in light of the latest available evidence on the effectiveness of various control measures in reducing transmission. Here, we review the evidence base on the effectiveness of nonpharmaceutical personal protective measures and environmental hygiene measures in nonhealthcare settings and discuss their potential inclusion in pandemic plans. Although mechanistic studies support the potential effect of hand hygiene or face masks, evidence from 14 randomized controlled trials of these measures did not support a substantial effect on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza. We similarly found limited evidence on the effectiveness of improved hygiene and environmental cleaning. We identified several major knowledge gaps requiring further research, most fundamentally an improved characterization of the modes of person-to-person transmission.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th December 2021), Ewan (15th December 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Nan Hayworth, M.D.
    @NanHayworth
    TRUE.

I'm a surgeon. Surgical-style masks keep droplets containing bacteria from falling from one's nose or mouth onto a surgical field.

They do that.

They DON'T prevent RESPIRATORY viruses from clinging to tiny particles and circulating into the air.

Stop the madness!
    quoted tweet (source tweet)
    The First
    @TheFirstonTV
    Southwest Airlines CEO on masks:

"Masks don't add much, if anything."
    <there's a 46s video with an official guy speaking but I'm the battery on my speaker ran out and I'm tired so I didn't bother listening. I'm sorry :/>

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th December 2021), Ewan (17th December 2021)

+ Reply to Thread