View Poll Results: do you know the position of your moon at the time of your birth?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aries

3 16.67%
  • Taurus

2 11.11%
  • Gemini

0 0%
  • Cancer

1 5.56%
  • Leo

1 5.56%
  • Virgo

1 5.56%
  • Libra

3 16.67%
  • Scorpio

1 5.56%
  • Sagittarius

1 5.56%
  • Capricorn

2 11.11%
  • Aquarius

2 11.11%
  • Pisces

1 5.56%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you know the position of your moon at the time of your birth?

1. Link to Post #1
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,400 times in 1,199 posts

Thumbs up Do you know the position of your moon at the time of your birth?

In this discussion, I offer you another way of approaching the Moon and this time in a very personal way.

I offer you a tool to discover its position, for this you will need:
    of the date of birth but does anyone know that?
    the time of birth and for more precision if it is in the morning or in the afternoon or in the evening.
    and the place of birth, because it software needs them to validate your research.

the sky map HERE

Then when you have found, you can answer the survey

I have already opened another discussion which is the journey of the Moon on the zodiac and in particular these meetings with the asteroid planets and more if affinities, follow the link HERE

add a note so that everything is clear , I said the position of the Moon and not the position of the Sun (horoscope) and the why I proposed a tool to find the position of the Moon, I excuse for the lack of precision.
    We systematically think about the position of our sun when we give our astrological sign, but in this survey it is indeed the position of the Moon which will allow, in a second time with the position of the Sun, to evaluate your soli-lunar cycle.
    From birth whether it is in the waxing phase from the New Moon to the Full Moon or in its decreasing cycle from the Full Moon to the following New Moon.
    The first motivation for this survey, you will understand, was to find the position of the Moon in a sign.
    Imagine if I asked you the position of the Moon in house?
    Why make it complicated when it can be simple !

It is true that I did not choose the easy way, but the goal is to learn a new language and to make a discovery on the knowledge of oneself and others.
    Last edited by Lunesoleil; 8th December 2020 at 22:20. Reason: Note to make it clearer, in understanding the survey

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Alan (8th December 2020), Bill Ryan (8th December 2020), Ioneo (8th December 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (8th December 2020), Tintin (8th December 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,217 times in 1,361 posts

Default Re: Do you know the position of your moon at the time of your birth?

Oops, made a mistake - mine's Aquarius, not Saggitarius. I shouldn't do polls when I'm tired!

Mod note from Bill:
    I've just edited the poll numbers to reflect that.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 8th December 2020 at 21:08.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th December 2020), Lunesoleil (8th December 2020), Tintin (8th December 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,278 times in 3,171 posts

Re: Do you know the position of your moon at the time of your birth?

this is a question. maybe im not understanding ? no i dont know. but i marked virgo if thats the answer

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Karen (Geophyz) (9th December 2020), Lunesoleil (8th December 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Do you know the position of your moon at the time of your birth?

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    Re: Do you know the position of your moon at the time of your birth?
    I did say the position of the Moon and not the Sun (horoscope) broadcast by the media and radio waves.
    I saw your date of birth in your profile presentation and I saw that the Moon was in Cancer in conjunction with Uranus (freedom, the nonconformist ...) it is the Sun which is in Virgo.
    I will add a note to make everything clear.

I thought the idea would be interesting with all the discussions published on the Moon
    I should have given more precision, I had thought that we would have understood that the Moon is not in reference to its horoscope. The position of the Moon allows you to assess in which phase of the soli-lunar cycle you were born. With a Sun in Virgo and the Moon in Cancer, knowing that the Moon passes through a sign in its cycle progressed in 2 1/2 years, therefore the Moon progressed to reach Virgo, will take 5 years, a period that can speak of 'a first big change, by the new moon progressed 28 year cycle 1/2

The position of the Moon is additional information to go further in the knowledge of its psychological cycle.
    Birth under a waning phase is an opening towards the world, towards humanity, especially since you have passed the last quarter of the cycle.

This is what it is useful to know the position of the Moon in relation to the position of the Sun.
    Thank you for participating

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (8th December 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (9th December 2020), Tintin (8th December 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

Had to look it up in my chart from long ago. Aries.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Karen (Geophyz) (9th December 2020), Lunesoleil (8th December 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,119 times in 2,425 posts

I have to display my ignorance. I completed the tool. I got a chart and horoscope-type information. But I don't know how to tell where the moon is at the time of my birth. I see on the chart what appears to be the moon, it is a crescent shaped object. That object is followed by 26 degrees, 33'. Is that the position of the moon at my time of birth?
    Last edited by Satori; 8th December 2020 at 23:17.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Karen (Geophyz) (9th December 2020), Lunesoleil (9th December 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,278 times in 3,171 posts

then cancer is my moon at my birth? can you adjust the poll?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Karen (Geophyz) (9th December 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,993 times in 5,554 posts

Quote Posted by HikerChick (here)
    Oops, made a mistake - mine's Aquarius, not Saggitarius. I shouldn't do polls when I'm tired!

Mod note from Bill:
    I've just edited the poll numbers to reflect that.

Join the club re Aquarius although I didn't goof (I'm with you on the tired bit tho )
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Brigantia (8th December 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (9th December 2020), Lunesoleil (9th December 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    then cancer is my moon at my birth? can you adjust the poll?
    I'm sorry, I'm not a moderator, so I can't edit the poll.
    The advantage, you will have learned something new.
    The Moon moves about 12 ° per day and crosses a sign in 2 1/2 days, which the Sun will take in 30 days.
    In the progressed cycle the Moon will take 2 1/2 years against 30 years for the Sun.
    The tool that I shared, allows you to become familiar with the positions of the planets at the time of its birth. The map is interactive, we can learn either by the mouse of your computer or the movement of the finger on your mobile.
    First, evaluating the position of the Moon in relation to the Sun will make it possible to distinguish the value of the lunar phase and even with a little more interest to compare the birth cycle with the progressed cycle of the present moment

Calculate Your Secondary Directions

This link allows you to directly calculate your progressed cycle, you must not touch the current date and record your date of birth, the software will do the conversion calculation.
    The result will be your progressed soli-lunar cycle of December 2020, combined with your date of birth.
    Astrology is like cooking, DIY or computers, you have to hang around in your corner and these in the practical experiences that you learn ...
    Good night in France it's time

18. Link to Post #10
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Do you know the position of your moon at the time of your birth?

Quote Posted by Satori (here)
    But I don't know how to tell where the moon is at the time of my birth. I see on the chart what appears to be the moon, it is a crescent shaped object. That object is followed by 26 degrees, 33'. Is that the position of the moon at my time of birth?
    Yes it is the position of the Moon, but normally you have the information in the sign, look a little higher above the map, when you pass your finger (if you have a mobile), you should see the information of the position in sign.
    For the Sun it is a circle with a dot in the middle.
    If you click on the Moon, a window will open and you will have all the information relating to the Moon. What interests us for the survey is the position of the Moon in sign and you have the information at the top when you touch the Moon.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Karen (Geophyz) (9th December 2020), Satori (9th December 2020)

20. Link to Post #11
    Hong Kong Avalon Member
    Thanks

I believe that the Moon represents your emotional needs, your unconscious and your automatic responses.

Mine is Pisces Moon @ 19'58, 5th house. It's a sensitive, spiritual place to have the moon. I feel ALLLL my emotions AND everyone else's. It's overwhelming at times & you have to have times of solitude to right yourself.

Pisces Moon learns about boundaries between itself & others. Also learning that you need to accept life as it is & not get stuck romanticizing instead of living.

What I like most about Pisces Moon is that there is a connection to spiritual energies & also the energy of the natural world. Oh, and you just know things that you shouldn't know. Like when there is danger or an accident to be avoided, or knowing straight away what kind of person your dealing with, acting on a hunch that ends up benefiting you.

Currently Neptune (ruler of the sign Pisces) is transiting my natal moon. So far, there is unexplained pain in my feet (Pisces rules feet) that has appeared for no reason, I am constantly seeing energies in my peripheral vision & there are random insights/downloads several times a day which is really cool. I became sensitive to alcohol so now I just don't drink it. I meditate several times a day which is mostly unintentional - my mind just goes off into lala land & after 30 minutes or so I "come back". Walking outside barefoot everyday is a must to ground the energies coming through me. I feel like a Piscean stereotype at the moment, lol.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Ami For This Post:

Karen (Geophyz) (9th December 2020)

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Catseye's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I know the position of my moon according to western astrology. However to answer the poll, when using an astronomy (different ) program, such as stellarium.org and inputting the same information, it is different. I've been interested and read quite a bit on western astrology over the past 10 years and know I have more learning to do. Such as learning about how Stellarium shows me as a Gemini sun and Cancer moon- yet western astrology shows a Cancer sun and Leo moon. Precession, western and sidereal and such- yet shouldn't a person's signs be what stellarium shows from the exact time, date and position of your birth? It's seems more real than the zodiac constellations (western) that were true to the eye 2000 years ago.

23. Link to Post #13
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Catseye (here)
    I know the position of my moon according to western astrology.
    In some cases the Moon does not change sign when it is after the 25th degree, there are 30 degrees in each sign in traditional astrology. Obviously, if you want to play smart and decide to change the rules of the game, we won't get along. I am part of the group that the Moon in tropical or sidereal does not change sign. I gave the calculation tools that are found in both French and English with Astrotheme. There is another but more complicated because it is listed many other tools as much for beginners as for seasoned astrologers and this time with several languages ​​Italian, Spanish, German, Greek Portuguese ... on Astrodienst. You have the simplified free service with interpretations and high-flying cards without interpretations. Astrology is an art and takes a lifetime of study without the assurance of learning everything.

Stellarium is a tool for astronomy enthusiasts, you should know it if you have practiced astrology for 10 years, it depends how often once a week or one hour every day? This discussion was not created to hype, but to create curiosity and self-reflection, it is the initial purpose of studying astrology to provoke the awareness that will bring the small change inside of you ...

+ Reply to Thread