+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Facebook sued for breaking antitrust laws

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Facebook sued for breaking antitrust laws

Thank goodness. It's been a long time coming. The FTC and 40+ states have filed an antitrust lawsuit against Facebook. Facebook owns some of the largest social networking platforms on the internet, the two biggest being WhatsApp and Instagram. I deleted my Facebook profile about 5 years ago, so I'm not sure to how it will affect Facebook as a site directly. I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on the matter.

Some articles:

(New York Times) U.S. and States Say Facebook Illegally Crushed Competition
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/09/t...-monopoly.html

(WIRED) The Smoking Gun in the Facebook Antitrust Case
    https://www.wired.com/story/facebook...e-smoking-gun/

(CNN) Facebook must be broken up, the US government says in a groundbreaking lawsuit
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/09/tech/...als/index.html

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to abc For This Post:

avid (10th December 2020), Bill Ryan (10th December 2020), christian (12th December 2020), Constance (11th December 2020), David Trd1 (11th December 2020), EFO (10th December 2020), Ewan (11th December 2020), ExomatrixTV (10th December 2020), Ioneo (10th December 2020), Kryztian (11th December 2020), Lunesoleil (10th December 2020), O Donna (10th December 2020), onawah (10th December 2020), Peace in Oz (11th December 2020), Ron Mauer Sr (11th December 2020), Sadieblue (11th December 2020), Savannah (10th December 2020), selinam (11th December 2020), TelosianEmbrace (11th December 2020), toppy (11th December 2020), wegge (10th December 2020), wondering (10th December 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,014 times in 784 posts

Default Re: Facebook sued for breaking antitrust laws

Years ago there was a listing of the Facebook Board of Directors and institutional investors...most point directly to FBI, CIA, NSA and the regular deep state types.

This probably holds true for most social media. Most of us know that all national newsrooms have liaison officers from a variety of alphabet soup agencies as does every Hollywood big budget production and software, hardware and app developer/manufacturer/producer.

On top of this the backdoors built into hardware and software by foreign AND domestic groups means the fastest of computers today runs slower than computers from a decade ago as does a lot of the internet, one reason why phone batteries die so quickly.

It has long been suspected even a decade or 2 ago that TV's and set top boxes were watching us watching TV and we learned that new smart tv report a lot of information back to the manufacturers....add to the surveillance built into Alexa and other home automation as well as newer cars with remote control and surveillance....purchases made with debit, credit and store loyalty cards...we can see why billions are spent on data centres to store all od this data and AI's to make sense of it all.

I'm sure they know more about me than I do about myself...

I once posted tongue in cheek on Facebook that if anyone wanted to be a good spy "they" should find my stolen phone and get it returned to me or I would be "lost" to them as I could not afford to buy another one as a poor student.

I got it back in a week...apparently I "left it in a taxi". This was just before training and lost phone apps made it into the hands of consumers.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

abc (11th December 2020), Bill Ryan (11th December 2020), Ewan (11th December 2020), One (11th December 2020), TelosianEmbrace (11th December 2020), toppy (11th December 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Facebook sued for breaking antitrust laws

Quote Posted by CurEus (here)
    ....add to the surveillance built into Alexa and other home automation as well as newer cars with remote control and surveillance....
    Yeah, I will never ever get one of those home devices like Alexa. It's scary how people are willing to let a device which will 100% be exploited by companies or the government to listen in on the things you do. I also don't have a car with the remote control key or surveillance so my location can't be tracked, at least to my car. I've had the same beat down car that I bought 5 years ago for $400 and it works fine. No need for a modern car that could potentially listen into the things I say or my location at all times.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abc For This Post:

Rosco1 (12th December 2020)

+ Reply to Thread