Thread: French theaters, cinemas, museums, MUST open

1. Link to Post #1
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 times in 1,199 posts

Arrow French theaters, cinemas, museums, MUST open

Closed places: "It's a cultural hatred of the artist" denounces Charles Berling

For several days the theater artists have been preparing for the big show.
    The Theaters after confinement should reopen the doors on December 15 and following the news received yesterday by the Minister of Culture Jocelyne Bachelot said that the reopening would have murdered culture, in an article spoke of breaking hearts for the artists ...

I share with you the translation of a text written by an actor Arnaud Agnel from the theater that I shared on my facebook page and that I really liked. It perfectly describes the psychological situation of the artists and all those working behind the scenes.

ARTISTS, AUDIENCE: ACT!

They dared! They did it ! They have gone to the end of their illogical!
    We said to ourselves: No, it is not possible! These people who lead us and who constitute - yes, somewhere they are - the intellectual elite of the Nation (I remind you that one did the ENA and Science Po and that the other is a neurologist, either minimum Bac + 9 ...), these people will understand what we have been claiming for weeks in simple terms: "Reopen the theaters because they do not constitute any danger and are a source of breath for a country that is dying ! »... We said that to each other, they will understand. It's simple, basic, even a 7 year old child understands! So they, so intelligent, they too will understand! And they will even understand that it is in everyone's interest to do so. Here we are, we said to ourselves ... Naively, perhaps. But it was not totally meaningless, as a thought ... well, no! ...

“The theaters? The cinemas? Museums ? Leave them closed! And you, with your irresponsible demands, close it! We are the best and who know what is good for you. And do you know why ? Because we are the ones who decide! And then, na! "

Bamboo shot. Stunning. It wouldn't be so tragic, it would be comical! (Laughing nervously, anyway, let's not abuse ...)
    So yes, we would want, there, immediately, after a deep breath, to quote Audiard when he talks about those who dare ... But we will not do it. No. We will not quote him. It is not necessary to make the affront to defile this so great artist by attributing such remarks to such puppets! But there would be so much! ...
    So there you have it! They dared. They definitely want to silence us. With all his austerity, the Prime Minister declaimed with conviction: “The establishments open to the public, which we had planned to reopen on December 15 will remain closed for three more weeks. The conditions set for their reopening are, unfortunately, not met. They are cinemas, theaters, theaters, museums ... I can see how difficult these decisions are to accept ”.

Good pick, sir!
    But who do you think we are to once again accept everything like this? Who do you take us for, and who do you take yourself for ?!

Since March, we have played the game. We have closed. We waited. We canceled. We postponed. You cleared us? We thank you for that. We had to get on? We straddled! Without understanding anything what that meant, but we straddled. Did we have to distance ourselves? We distanced ourselves.
    At the start of the school year, we reopened. Finally ! A little. Not too much. Just enough to realize how bad it was for us and the audience not to be together. Under the masks, teeth were crying and tears were laughing. Or the opposite. Or both. But we were together. United. Finally. Yes. Finally. A semblance of society was returning. We promised each other without telling each other that we would not let go. That we would not let go. Culture was too important. For everyone. As obvious. Even for you! Yes, yes, even for you. We really redoubled our faith at the end of August you, the same one who is walking on us today (is this La République en Marche?), Declared "The cultural sector has suffered a lot from this crisis ... go to the theater, to the cinema, you have to support the cultural sector ... culture is an economic activity ... Yes, I say to the French, go to the cinema, go to the theater, you risk nothing ”. We thought it was a bad time to go, but it was over.

At the end of October, we had to cover the fire. We covered. We adapted. Once again. The audience was still there. As obvious.
    And then, confinement, bis repetita, because you had anticipated the second wave really well, but it was too strong, and the cold of winter coming, all that, all that ...
    But you were telling us “Artists, get ready! As soon as we can reopen, we reopen! ". So you know what? We worked, prepared, hoped.
    In mid-November, several of us called on the Minister of Culture to obtain reopening from you as soon as possible. There was an urge. And more than enormous. There were tens of us representing thousands who were fighting for millions.
    At the end of November, the President said: "Get ready for December 15th." All over the place, we have redoubled our efforts. Hard work, intact faith. Repetitions rusty because a body without prospects for months but tenfold joy. And if we lost a crazy dough to pay for the recovery, the communication, eliminate partial unemployment and get everyone back to work, it was ultimately not a big deal, because we knew that from the 15th, the curtains would open, the sessions would begin and the audience would be found! And that the public would find us. And that together, again, we would be a society.

And there, what? ... "No! "
    No sorry ????! For ? Not spreading the virus? ...
    Joke! Metro hashtag, department store hashtag, jerk-off hashtag.
    This is too much, we fall for it!
    Your incoherent speeches undermine us and your press conference earlier is one too many.
    We refuse to be sacrificed on the altar of your incompetence.
    You remind me, you and yours, of spoiled rotten children who are offered a nice gift and who beat them until they destroy them.
    And who type.
    And who type.
    And who type.
    And who type ...
    STOP, that's enough!

Today I appeal to the public and to artists in France.
    To all the “young guard” which has the wind in its sails, to all the directors of places, to all the producers / producers of shows, to all the actors to all dancers, to all musicians, to all directors, to all choreographers, to all the technicians, to all the people who work in the administrative services, to the authors, to the authors, to the agents, to the thousands of people who work in the shadows, to all those who are in the light, to all the headliners of our Country who will have more weight than me and that we want to hear more, and finally, yes, finally, I appeal to the Public; the one for whom we make our souls beat and who escapes with and thanks to us, and with whom we escape and we create: don't let this happen!

Let's reopen theaters, cinemas, theaters, museums! With or without authorization!
    Let's go out into the streets to shout our anger and our thirst to be together! With or without authorization. Be together. Without distinction of places, aesthetics, economic systems, personal or collective ambitions, without distinction of anything ... Just the faith of our convictions which are the same for all: living emotions together, through the prism of 'Art and Culture.

A single question is urgently asked today: what society do we want to live in? What society do we want to build? A society where humanity has its place and in which emotions exist? Or a society where we are reduced to nothing? To shut our mouths without opening our hearts, to cram into metal boxes taking us from a home to a job that allows us nothing but to earn our living by losing it, passively waiting for the evening curfew to go home, take this mask off our noses and drink in lobotomizing images emitted by this soulless metal box called TV?

So this is our dream of life? Cold boxes before being, us, cold, in a box? And thus to spend an existence without emotion? Alive dead?
    It's time to act ! It is above all time to react. All. Whoever we are. Wherever we are. Whatever we thought. To show another world than the one they want to impose on us.

Do not have any illusions, you who read me; nothing is at risk for these people who govern us. And nothing will ever be. Under their philanthropic airs, they do not care about our anxieties, our ambitions (in the noble sense), our dreams ... They, their profession, is to manage crises. Nothing else. They get paid for it. They are studying for it. At the end of the month, their salary will drop. And when they are no longer in the positions they occupy today, fear not, they will find other things to manage elsewhere. Under the golds and carefree ... Under Nicolas Sarkozy, it was necessary to manage the economic crisis, under François Hollande, the security crisis, under Emmanuel Macron, it is the health crisis. Nothing changes for them when everything changes for us. And today, to hear them, we must continue to sacrifice freedom for the so-called profit of security ... you know Franklin's maxim.

Artists, Public, it is no longer the time to hope.
    Now is the time to act!

They tell us: "we move to January 07"! And what ? On January 03, will they say the same thing as today? "The situation is bad, we are moving to February 15th"? Stop, that's too much. Let's rebel! Let's revolt!

The President hammered home that we were at war. He is right. From an intellectual point of view, he is right. And he shows it to us. Today we can clearly see who is at war with whom. So it's up to everyone to position themselves: either we come to terms with the enemy who wants to annihilate us, or we revolt, we resist, we fight, and we say “No! "
    Smart solutions exist, we know it: let's impose them!
    To all those who do not want these new restrictions, I say: Let us be heard. And take up arms! Our weapons! The ones we fight with every day; our hearts. And let's make them beat, these hearts. Strong. So loud, that deafening with noise they silence the words of those who wish to cut it off and impose our dreams. It is about the Country, and the Humanity that we want to build. Lets fight. Let's reopen everything. And let the cinemas, theaters, museums and theaters live!
    Arnaud AGNEL

I was sensitized by this message, because my friend working in the entertainment industry and after the decision of Prime Minister Jean Castex should return on Saturday and had started to dismantle the show and this morning he announced to me that he will play anyway and everywhere in France many theaters will reopen!

Threat on the reopening of theaters: "Pity, don't do that to us!", Launches actress Ariane Ascaride

"CULTURE IN TIMES OF CRISIS, LET'S REINVENT THE MODEL"

Roselyne Bachelot is the minister of a collapsing ministry", judge Ariane Ascaride

No reopening of cinemas or theaters, the world of culture "with severed wings"

“Why does culture come after commerce? ": The director of the National Theater of Strasbourg wonders

Confinement. The boss of the Grand Forum cinema in Dieppe burns an armchair in protest

"Dismayed, stunned": why the world of culture is enraged after the government's decisions on deconfinement

Profound incomprehension of the cultural environment: "It is a historical error"

Last edited by Lunesoleil; 11th December 2020 at 22:27.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Iancorgi (12th December 2020), rgray222 (12th December 2020), selinam (11th December 2020), toppy (12th December 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 times in 1,199 posts

Arrow Re: French theaters, cinemas, museums, MUST open

Another text this time by Lisa Guez is a director, playwright and teacher-researcher in French theater.

Here. The health crisis and its very questionable management captures us in an absolute present. A dictatorship of the moment that ruthlessly demolishes horizons, whether professional, artistic or human. Dictatorship of the day to day, of absolute myopia. You can only see the footsteps afterwards, blind people groping in the dungeons.

I cannot understand why all the places of culture whose sanitary protocols are very secure must remain closed "another three weeks until the revoy ..." but that we can pile up in the subways, the buses, on the sidewalks, in the shops, on black friday. I don't understand the choices. I do not understand the arbitrary, the priority, the non-priority.

I do not understand the amateurism of giving hope to an entire society in need of culture, and of not making the link between the reopening of businesses and the rise of contamination. To punish the culture whose places bend over backwards to respect strict rules ... But why? To compensate for other absurd decisions?

For us, this is the 25th cancellation. Each date engages the work of ten people from our company, the theater team, and then meeting hundreds of spectators at the time of the show. Each performance is a rich and sacred moment that gives meaning to our lives, which we have chosen like that.

For 1789, we were happy to finally resume. Tantalum torture: a horizon emerges, when our hands approach, it withdraws.
    And it's worse than a prison this little game where you have to learn to run without losing your meaning in order to build what will be immediately demolished. At least, between four walls, our strength would not be wasted dancing the tarantella on crumbling ground, we would have access to the vision, like Jean de Patmos or Jacques London, to desperate or drunken dreams, cut off from the world but philosophers.

But no, now, disoriented with contradictory injunctions, with rules that are established in a hurry and change every morning, with the pressure to work always despite everything, even without joy, even without fire, threatened by the ghosts of a future indecipherable by terrors, we are cut off from our forces. More and more total fragility of hope, therefore of the spirit. Be a man my son, be a man like a child who rebuilds his sand castle against the sea.

I am in an anger that radiates to my heartache and I cannot calm down. An anger which is directed first of all against those who, in the management of all this, make a great deal of our bodies, and the circulation of capital, but none of our minds that it is even fashionable to jostle and bomb in all directions - until they are emptied?

We cannot think, we cannot create when a ground is constantly slipping under our feet. Little by little our psyches lose their strengths, what is most intimate in us, the strengths that we manage to summon to continue living and to tell ourselves that it is worth it even in times of turmoil.

To calm us down on the vertigo of our daily lives and the loss of our freedoms, we are made to swallow images of fear, and we feed an anger that will have to be unleashed somewhere. We're gonna become headless bombs. Open razors that run the world.

I do not understand that we do not see the serious human and psychic danger in which this disastrous and hypocritical management of the crisis, the excitement of outlets and hatred to deflect our protests and the bombardment of our brains at the end of their rope. dive. And no place to take a side step to meet, to think together about how to do otherwise ...
    Lisa guez

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

rgray222 (12th December 2020), toppy (12th December 2020)

+ Reply to Thread