Thread: Give me your opinion on astrology, thank you

1. Link to Post #1
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 times in 1,185 posts

Cool Give me your opinion on astrology, thank you

I notice that there are hardly any astrologers on the Avalon forum, or are they all gone?
    I have many years of experience, a touch of everything, an astrology handyman, who pushes the doors, to discover, learn and meditate on new paths to explore.
    I am at the same time a contemplative, a researcher, a critic of the practice of astrology, because the worst of everything in astrology is I think to prevent myself from doing something because of a terrible transit of owl thing .
    Go beyond our limits and at the same time we have to deal with our achievements. Because we cannot become what we are not inside ourselves, through our education, our school background, our experience in the field of life. We learn above all from our mistakes, which make us grow in awareness and sometimes in maturity. Because we are not all equal in the face of the Eternal, we are the extension of our parents, of our roots, of our culture in the country where we were born.

What I wrote on the astrology forum :
    It is an invitation to share your feelings in astrology and the place that astrology has in your life, whether near or far. I would like to know the place you give to this ancient art which is both appreciated by these defenders and hated by these detractors.
    Within the tolerance of divided opinions, thank you for your participation.

Tell me everything, I want to know everything even in the darkest recesses of your minds or the brightest parts
    Many thanks to everyone and may the light shine on all the truths of each of the members of Avalon.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Aurvandil (27th December 2020), Eva2 (19th December 2020), Johan (Keyholder) (19th December 2020), Matthew (8th July 2023), onawah (20th December 2020), Peter UK (19th December 2020), raregem (19th December 2020), Ravenlocke (9th July 2023), silvanelf (19th December 2020), Star Tsar (20th December 2020), ZenBaller (19th December 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member raregem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 times in 563 posts

Default Re: Give me your opinion on astrology, thank you

Hi Lunesoleil-

Thank you for your expertise and sharing astrology on PA.
    I find astrology to be like a foreign language yet, I think there is a wealth of information to glean for guidance and understanding of our Verses.
    I do not know what to say or ask you.
    Thank you though for the offer to share.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to raregem For This Post:

Johan (Keyholder) (19th December 2020), Lunesoleil (19th December 2020), Matthew (8th July 2023), Peter UK (19th December 2020), Ravenlocke (9th July 2023)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

I believe in Tropical Astrology for personality analysis. I frequently look up famous people's birthdates and guess their sun sign. I believe in the houses and signs and planets of the Tropical natal chart.

I believe in Sidereal Astrology for world predictions, where Tropical Astrology falls short. But Sidereal Astrology is terrible for personality analysis.

I believe every planetary aspect influences everyone equally. I don't believe in the significance of aspects to one's natal chart, especially the ascendant.

Outside of the natal chart, I find astrology to be a weak influence on the individual, but not on the masses. Astrology has fallen victim to the human penchant for creating complex, self-referring, self-proving systems (read Cat's Cradle). Delving too deeply into astrology is a withdrawal from life.

I think astrology, like Tarot, can be a good springboard for intuition, and without intuition it isn't much use.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Johan (Keyholder) (19th December 2020), Journeyman (9th July 2023), Kryztian (20th December 2020), Lunesoleil (19th December 2020), Peter UK (19th December 2020), Ravenlocke (9th July 2023)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

I appreciate that it shows that we are all a part of the universe and as we are affected by it, we can affect it.

Looking out into the stars we find pieces of ourselves, but we must take care of the planet we call Earth - it is from the perspective of the Earth that astrology is structured. It is such a simple way to see how we need to take care of this one piece of the universe.

I believe that once we are able to properly take care of our world, then more of the universe will become available to us and much more a part of us going forward, outward and inward. All together as we are.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Johan (Keyholder) (19th December 2020), Lunesoleil (19th December 2020), Peter UK (19th December 2020), Ravenlocke (9th July 2023)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Arrow Re: Give me your opinion on astrology, thank you

Quote Posted by raregem (here)
    Thank you for your expertise and sharing astrology on PA.
    I find astrology to be like a foreign language yet, I think there is a wealth of information to glean for guidance and understanding of our Verses.
    thank you raregem for the feedback. This astrology forum reminds me of an airplane that is on autopilot. If astrology is like a foreign language for you, is it because you have no knowledge of the position of the planets at the time of your birth?
    A person born at the time of a new moon, first quarter, full moon, or last quarter will behave psychologically, just as a person born in spring, summer, spring or winter will be more or less individualistic, emotional, altruistic, or a loner.

It can be classified by the four elements:

Fire: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius.
    Earth: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn.
    Air: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius.
    Water: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces.

The nervous temperament (dry and cold) is dominated by the element of the earth.
    The bilious temperament (dry and hot) is dominated by the element of fire.
    The sanguineous temperament (humid and hot) is dominated by the element of air.
    The lymphatic temperament (wet and cold) is dominated by the element of water.

You are right astrology is a wealth of information and there is something to please everyone and the paths in astrology are multiple at all levels of knowledge, a long journey that never stops ...

Temperament

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Johan (Keyholder) (19th December 2020), Journeyman (21st December 2020), Peter UK (19th December 2020), Sue (Ayt) (21st December 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    I believe in Tropical Astrology for personality analysis. I frequently look up famous people's birthdates and guess their sun sign. I believe in the houses and signs and planets of the Tropical natal chart.

I believe in Sidereal Astrology for world predictions, where Tropical Astrology falls short. But Sidereal Astrology is terrible for personality analysis.
    Thank you Tomkat for your much appreciated intervention. First of all, I did a study about ten years ago on users of the sidereal zodiac. So I was interested in it for a period, so I then focused more on house position than sign position. I can know how long you have been practicing astrology ?, thanks.
    Because I suppose you have developed an experience, it shows in your comment. To understand its tendency for the sidereal zodiac, one must study the position of the South Node and its ruler. There is often a proximity to the South Node. For me, the master of the South Node in conjunction with the North Node and the why I do not differentiate between the two, it is just a question of updating previous acquired knowledge, some innate who returns to continue the process already started in a previous life. For the ascendant, it takes on value by conjunction with a planet or seeing its framing, that's what my study of the sidereal taught me. The compromise between the sidereal and the tropical is when it has a planet between 25 ° and 29 ° 59 in tropical, which is found between 0 ° and 5 ° in the sidereal, therefore which does not change sign. .. For me the sideral is relative to the past, to astronomy and the north node facing it represents the present and astrology and the why that there is between the two a bridge and the two shores on each side .. .

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Johan (Keyholder) (19th December 2020), Journeyman (9th July 2023), Peter UK (19th December 2020), TomKat (19th December 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Belgium Avalon Member Johan (Keyholder)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,746 times in 531 posts

"Astrologia" used to be the science of astrologie ànd astronomy together, till somewhere in the late 17th century.
    Sadly astrology became known as a "pseudoscience" (by many), because a.o. of heliocentrism and the like (probably) in those days.
    Personally I think that they go very well together, but so many very useful methods, systems etc... have been cast aside, because of "exact science".
    Is that all a part of a certain manipulation? Possibly so.

I for one learned about the value of astrology when I was about 16. Early 1970's.
    In those days before the internet and computers, books and libraries where we used to go to still our hunger for "deeper knowledge".
    Astrology was one of the fields I wanted to explore.

So, I got a thick book about how to make a horoscope: "The New A to Z Horoscope Maker and Delineator" by George Llewellyn. I think the book was published in 1969 or so. It would be a collectible now I think.

We did have calculators then. It took me two hours to get my radix done. I was pretty proud of it!
    When I started to look up what everything meant, I fell almost of my chair. I just couldn't believe what I could get out of this unusual information.
    There were a lot more astrologers around in those days (at least, I think so).
    So, I thought "If I, a neophyte to astrology, like me, can get this much out of it, then what a real well qualified astrologer could do?"

From time to time I did make a simple birth horoscope, and it did tell me a lot about that person, always.
    But I also experienced the same with numerology for instance and other (but not all) systems and methods.
    While I certainly think it is an art that is worth devoting one's life to, for me another path was destined.

But I will always acknowledge the value of so many "forgotten paths and arts", it is just a matter of focusing on them.
    Too many people today are "too shallow", but if one place on the internet gathers a large number of "souls with a purpose",
    it is definitely PA and this forum.

Lunesoleil, maybe few people today are still capable of seeing your professionalism and expertise, but those that need to find you, will.
    But you already know that....

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

Journeyman (9th July 2023), Lunesoleil (20th December 2020), mokosh (20th December 2020), onawah (20th December 2020), Peter UK (19th December 2020), Sue (Ayt) (21st December 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

I've been interested in astrology for 50 years, but I won't say I actually practice it. I've picked up things along the way, am good at guessing sun signs. But some things have always bothered me. For instance, a friend who is a Taurus and has no Gemini or significant 3rd house weight in her chart, sun nowhere near the cusp, yet seems like a Gemini. I don't think people should take it too seriously. And I know from reincarnating pets that personality and intelligence level survive reincarnation nearly 100% intact, regardless of astrology.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Lunesoleil (20th December 2020), Peter UK (19th December 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,754 times in 978 posts

My own view on astrology can be gleaned from the following which is the most enlightening perspective that I've ever read bar none.

Even if one isn't interested in astrology it's a great insight and maybe particularly if there's a curiosity, should definitely be read.

I make no apologies for this being from a channelled source albeit a highly respected one. Within the greater scheme of things this makes a great deal of sense, you don't need to be an astrologer for this to be either understood or relevant.

I've edited the following for brevity.

Seth on Astrology

Unknown Reality Volume 2, Session 729

You are so taken with the idea of labels that many follow astrology blindly. You are born at a certain time, at a certain place, under certain conditions – but consciousness always forms the conditions. If it is to some extent affected by these conditions, then, it is because the effects follow in the same way that a painter is affected by the landscape that he has himself created. So you decide to be born, say, in a certain month when the planets are thus-and-so. Ahead of time, you choose the seasons of your birth.

In the most simple of terms, you are deciding upon the environment.

Again: Your reality is like a shining platform, a surface resting upon probabilities. You follow these so unconsciously and beautifully, you swim through them so easily, that it does not occur to you to question your origin, or the medium in which your experience has its existence. All of these sharing any given birthdate, however, sharing even place as well as time, do not have the same “destiny”; but more, they do not share the same conditions necessarily. They are each affected by their own probability system at birth, and those conditions drastically alter the nature of their development.

The very practice of pinpointing the time of physical birth at conception itself errs. There is no point at which you can say in basic terms that an individual is alive, though you do find it more practical to accept certain points of life and death. It is true that you emerge into space and time at a certain point in your perception. Your consciousness has been itself long before, however.

Once you free your consciousness from limited concepts of time and self, then you can begin to explore the unknown reality that is the unrecognized self.

When you think in conventional terms about astrology, it is as if you are looking at the cover of a book, not realizing that there are many pages within it.

Consciousness, being active within all cellular structures, triggers itself ahead of time [in each case], so to speak, to react to certain conditions and not to others. Many are born the same day of any given year, and generally within the same time period – but individually the inner triggering may be far different, so that while the overall conditions at birth may appear more or less the same, the inner reactions to them will vary widely.

Some persons will be much more affected by, and sensitive to, other probabilities – which, for instance, do not show at all in conventional astrological “charts”.

Those charts emphasize one line of probabilities at the expense of all others. Interpretations based upon the charts then will make more sense to those who have chosen the same probable birth circumstances – but they will be of no value to those who were born at the same time, in your terms, but who follow a different order of probabilities.

As the cells operate with the knowledge of probable actions and still maintain the physical body in your chosen system, so the psyche, operating in the same way, “seeds” itself in many different probabilities – alternates, in other words, of the world as you know it. Those alive with you, your contemporaries, do not all belong to the same probable system. You are at a meeting ground in that respect, where individuals from many probable realities mix and merge, agreeing momentarily to accept certain portions of the same space-time environment.

Because you focus upon the similarities in experience, and play down the variances, then the oftentimes greater dissimilarities in so-called experience escape you completely. You take it for granted that memory is faulty if you do not agree with another person on the events that happened at a certain place and time – say those in a recently experienced historical past. You take it for granted that interpretations of events change, but that certain definite events occurred that are beyond alteration. Instead, the events themselves are not nearly that concrete. You accept one probable event. Someone else may experience instead a version of that event, which then becomes that individual’s felt reality.

These events may be quite different indeed, and the separate interpretations make quite valid explanations of separate variations. In your terms, one event can happen in many different ways.

Consciousness chooses the best overall conditions available for its own purposes of growth. It then preconditions its own organism to respond or not to respond to the time and place of birth, to exaggerate or minimize, to negate or accept.

The emergence of consciousness into those physical conditions automatically alters them – a fact not recognized by astrologers. Each child born alters the entire universe, and changes the world of its time and birth by bringing into it action not there earlier, in your terms, and by impressing the universe with the stamp – the indelible stamp – of its reality. Each child chooses its own probable version of any given birthdate. Such dates are obviously not just points in time, pinpointed in space. In the first place, since all time is simultaneous, you are always dying and being born, and your later experience affects the time of your birth.

I admit that a birthday operates as a handy reference. But if you realized that your consciousness did exist before that time, your memory will open up, and your accepted birthdate will appear far less important. “Coming out of the womb” is an event, and much better to use than “birth”. In greater terms – far greater terms than you imagine – you are aware of probable “births”, and your other parentages [that are] quite as legitimate as the personal history you now accept.

You view the heavens and the universe, the planets and the stars, from your own focus – a highly limited one in certain terms.

In the first place you are looking at one version of the universe, as it seems to exist at the moment of your perception. The entire nature of a personality cannot be considered in its totality in that small context.
    The personality itself is not only independent of space and time, but uses the illusions that result for its own purposes. All things are related, but they do not act in a certain way because the planets were such-and-such at your birth. There is a relationship, but it is not causal.

It is quite as true to say that the planets behave in a certain way because you are what you are, as it is to turn the statement around, as is generally done. The very positions of the planets and the stars are effects of the senses – perceptions that would have no meaning were it not for your own kind of consciousness. Those perceptions, then, cannot cause you to behave in any given way because of conditions that have no meaning outside of your own consciousness.

The universe exists, but it takes the shape and form that you recognize only in your own perceptions. The motion of the planets, indeed their very perceived reality, exists in far different terms.

The universe is seeded with various kinds of consciousnesses. Some of these appear to you as planets or stars, as they “intrude” into your field of actuality. As such they appear to behave in a certain fashion, to take a certain form, to have certain effects. You and the stars are simultaneous events, each conscious and aware but in different “scales” of actuality – as your scale of consciousness is different from that of the violets.

With physical perception the picture all fits, of course. You realize that someone – some interested observer – viewing the earth from another planet in another galaxy, would be seeing what you think of as earth’s past. But as I pointed out, “he” might also be seeing earth’s future, according to “his” viewpoint. This would in no way alter your reality. The positions of the stars and planets, however and your time scheme, cannot be depended upon to give an indication of “causal” effects. The personality simply exists in greater terms.

Using conventional astrology, you will find certain correlations, because of particular events occurring, that are indeed interrelated. Yet many individuals will not discover semblances of themselves in the charts of astrology simply because their chosen probabilities are, qualitatively speaking, so different from the “norm”.

When astrology works, it works because the astrologer is using his or her creative and psychic abilities, and then projecting that knowledge into a pattern that is of itself too small to contain it. The chart then simply becomes an aid.

I understand that some of this will be difficult to follow. The only other recourse, however, is to repeat myths and tales that you have outgrown. The stars and planets simply are in more than one place at one time. I admit that your perception of them makes them appear to be relatively stable, and you are biologically tuned in to that perception. Your experience of time and motion, as you know, is relative, and in comparison with your own relatively brief lives the planets seem to endure for almost endless periods. This is your viewpoint as you look out from your ledge.

You are small in relationship to the stars, also, but when you seek to place your fate in their hands, figuratively speaking, then it does seem as if you have little control over your own destiny.

You are consciousness at particular points of experience, and in other kinds of reality you twinkle like stars.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Peter UK For This Post:

Johan (Keyholder) (20th December 2020), Lunesoleil (20th December 2020), onawah (20th December 2020), Sue (Ayt) (21st December 2020), TomKat (20th December 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,087 times in 20,639 posts

I don't have a technical, mathematical kind of mind so I wouldn't make a good astrologer, but I think intuition would always have to be an attribute for an astrologer to be really good at what they do. Good astrologers can provide amazing insights into all manner of subjects.
    Astrology is a much more technically precise art than those practiced by psychics, channelers, tarot readers, numerologists, etc., imho though I think they all can offer much when the practitioner is sufficiently talented and intuitive.
    Avalon member Ulli is an astrologer.
    See: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/member.php?1217-ulli
    Each breath a gift...

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (20th December 2020), Johan (Keyholder) (20th December 2020), Peter UK (20th December 2020), TomKat (20th December 2020)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Thanks Peter UK for that text by Seth on Astrology! When you read it (several times by preference), then you can understand why astrology seems to "work" for one person and not for another.

It is SO well explained in this text - which I think does not only pertain to astrology but to almost all events and experiences one can have - how truly individual we are. That Jane Roberts wrote this about 50 years ago is amazing, I know of very few other "channels of information" that have been so thorough and balanced. I am glad I "discovered" her in 1978 (I read "The nature of personal reality" then).

Especially this: "As the cells operate with the knowledge of probable actions and still maintain the physical body in your chosen system, so the psyche, operating in the same way, “seeds” itself in many different probabilities – alternates, in other words, of the world as you know it. Those alive with you, your contemporaries, do not all belong to the same probable system. You are at a meeting ground in that respect, where individuals from many probable realities mix and merge, agreeing momentarily to accept certain portions of the same space-time environment."

Maybe I can relate an experience that has happened to me, several times. I remember more than one occasion where I made a reference in "this" reality to an event which happened in another (probable) reality where I "had been active/conscious" (but not the individuals from "this reality"). So, their reaction invariably is: "What are you talking about, that did never happen." For myself it is a kind of "proof" that I am a sort of "reality surfer" (as someone called me once). Now, everyone can do this of course, depending on his/her beliefsystem. Most people discard that possibility though: being able to be conscious in several probable realities while inhabiting so to speak just one physical body.

To me, it just illustrates the incredible "potential richness" we all have. It is just a matter of changing your present beliefsystem to this: "the only beliefsystem worth having is NOT having a beliefsystem, or in other words a beliefsystem that is "ever-changing", always evolving".

Jane Roberts is an incredible source of information, for those that can "decipher" it. Thanks again for this Peter UK!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

Lunesoleil (20th December 2020), Peter UK (20th December 2020), Sue (Ayt) (21st December 2020)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

I believe every planetary aspect influences everyone equally. I don't believe in the significance of aspects to one's natal chart, especially the ascendant.
    I am not of this opinion, because it depends on many personal parameters and on our emotional state of the moment which for the same aspect will not be lived in the same way. We are all unique pieces. Do you know the solar revolution ?, To be active and validated, an aspect between two planets must also be identified in the natal, otherwise the promises in the SR (solar revolution) will not have little chance to occur . Then everything is relative, astrology is a tool of knowledge of oneself and cannot be substituted for our personal choices

Outside of the natal chart, I find astrology to be a weak influence on the individual, but not on the masses. Astrology has fallen victim to the human penchant for creating complex, self-referring, self-proving systems (read Cat's Cradle). Delving too deeply into astrology is a withdrawal from life.
    Yes certainly the collective influence would make more sense in the movement of the great planetary cycles creating the times that we know.
    We also have our own cycles, Dane Rudhyar the founder of humanistic astrology talks about it in these books.
    For complex systems do not exist only everywhere, but in all sciences and in all manual learning. Everything is learned in the lower world and it starts at school in learning to read and write and why studying astrology should be so different?
    I think astrology, like Tarot, can be a good springboard for intuition, and without intuition it isn't much use.
    Yes intuition is essential, but also study in daily practice to develop your own reasoning and not that of someone else. Tarot is another learning process for all stages of our life, from birth with the juggler to death with the Mast. Just like the Tarot, astrology can be used as a decoding like a clairvoyant would after a question asked or simply as a tool for reflection and personal development. Everything is a question of gaze , influence and of objective or subjective awareness, that is the question ...

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Peter UK (20th December 2020), TomKat (20th December 2020)

25. Link to Post #13
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Patient (here)
    I appreciate that it shows that we are all a part of the universe and as we are affected by it, we can affect it.
    Looking out into the stars we find pieces of ourselves, but we must take care of the planet we call Earth - it is from the perspective of the Earth that astrology is structured. It is such a simple way to see how we need to take care of this one piece of the universe.
    I believe that once we are able to properly take care of our world, then more of the universe will become available to us and much more a part of us going forward, outward and inward. All together as we are.
    Thanks for the feedback, I'm going to share with you an excerpt from a little medical stories book, which I found by chance from Doctor A. Ratie, I chose on Astrology

Doctor H… was well versed in the occult and conjectural sciences, especially in alchemy and astrology. He had submitted to me for a few patients, of whom he knew nothing, except the place and date of birth, quite astonishing medical conclusions. As an experiment, I asked him one day to study the astrological probabilities of two twins, completely unknown to him and who were born with a jet lag of about thirty minutes.

We know that traditional astrology in no way implies a fatalism: but a "probability", a more or less strong inclination in the presence of which man retains a greater or lesser freedom. Likewise, on an inclined plane, it retains the possibility of going up or down, the descent or ascent being facilitated or thwarted depending on the angle of inclination of the plane.

The horoscope of the two twins concluded that there was a strong propensity to present with generalized epileptic seizures, which was correct for each of them from their birth until their present age of seventeen years. In addition, the horoscope underlined for the elder a particularly dark, if not fatal, astral conjuncture which was to correspond to February 12 of his twenty-second year and which suggested the need for special surveillance to be planned for this period.

As for the youngest, the horoscope also predicted for the same date a markedly poor health pattern. But the time difference, compared to its predecessor, corresponded to a less significant and less serious planetary change, the frankly critical hour having been slightly exceeded.

I put the horoscopes in a drawer. Doctor H… of Jewish origin was obliged in 1942 for the sad reasons that we know, to flee clandestinely to take refuge in Switzerland. Years passed.

One o'clock in the morning. Once again, the awful phone tears my sleep apart. It is snowing heavily. The starter balks and snorts, and finally decides. The paths are buried. The fog makes a white screen in front of the headlights. I finally arrive. The two twins are lying down. They have a fever and have been coughing for a few days. But the condition of the elder has just worsened suddenly.

His lips and nails are blue, he's panting and suffocating. The signs of auscultation are diffuse. Hair bronchitis, acute bronchopneumonia? Hyper-toxic influenza with pulmonary edema? Or perhaps a suffocating granule, such as we still saw? I won't know. Because I arrived practically for the agony. He died soon after in my arms. His younger brother, on the other hand, got away with bronchitis.

I came home exhausted. Impossible to go back to sleep. A pale day was beginning to dawn. I collapsed in the chair. I then remembered the horoscope that Doctor H had established… five years ago. I searched my drawers and managed to dig it up. I looked at the calendar. They had just entered their twenty-second year. And it was February 12th.

Since ancient Chaldea, astrology has been the oldest of the conjectural sciences. It has never ceased to raise heated controversies. Great minds have always adhered to it. Others, in the name of modern science, have accused it of utopia, illuminism, obscurantism and superstition. But does the scientific spirit consist in wiping out centuries of observations with a stroke of the pen? Claude Bernard, who was not suspected of superstition, underlined that it is the facts which govern the theory and not the reverse ...

Alas !, Astrology has been overused, devalued, betrayed, distorted, popularized, demeaned, and… commercialized. The newspapers themselves offer ridiculous columns every day, on which impatient readers rush to know the days favorable to their health, their business, or their love ... Astrology is not responsible for this fall and of this degradation.

The astral influence remains a mystery. It should not be imagined childishly as the reception of kinds of influx, comparable to "projections" which would come from the stars: the bottom of things escapes us. But one can suggest an analogy.

We know that man always remains, more or less dependent on his heredity, his chromosomes, his antecedents, his childhood, his environment, the multiple conditioning that he has undergone, often without his knowledge. We also know, moreover, that, from the infinitely small to the infinitely large, from “the atom to the star”, the entire universe is subject to ineluctable laws, which nothing escapes. Chance is an appearance due to ignorance: everything is linked in the cosmos. Universal gravitation testifies to this.

Therefore, how could this literally unique event, which for man come into existence, remain independent, foreign, isolated, cut off and separated from everything else?

Remember that according to the old adage "the stars tilt, but do not oblige". The story of the twins remains very exceptional. Determinism is not fatalism, and in no way excludes, for most of our behavior and our actions, a variable share of freedom: thus the cosmonaut and the aviator can fly "freely" in space. : they nonetheless remain strictly bound by the laws of gravitation and gravity.

In the same way can one conceive of the astral influence: a more or less great disposition, an inclination, a more or less strong slope: supported by a thousand-year-old experience, it translates, very incompletely and approximately, a modality of this law of universal unity and interdependence, from which nothing escapes entirely in the cosmos: not even pathology.

Cosmopathology remains to be discovered.

I hope you enjoyed this little reading

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

onawah (20th December 2020), Peter UK (20th December 2020)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Peter UK (here)
    My own view on astrology can be gleaned from the following which is the most enlightening perspective that I've ever read bar none.
    Even if one isn't interested in astrology it's a great insight and maybe particularly if there's a curiosity, should definitely be read.
    I make no apologies for this being from a channelled source albeit a highly respected one. Within the greater scheme of things this makes a great deal of sense, you don't need to be an astrologer for this to be either understood or relevant.
    Thank you for your participation and the choice of channelized reading, initially requires a minimum of astrology knowledge required, otherwise it is more of a spiritual reflection on the external representation of astrology.

Astrology is a field of many possibilities for study and the one discussed in the excerpt reminds me of a spiritual form of astrology. When we talk about karma, we must underline the axis of the lunar nodes named in India Rahu and Ketu, the dragon that encircles the zodiac. There are also the retrograde planets, the Dark Moon which is the second focal point of the Moon, the first being the earth. And I would add the converses progressions, which go in the opposite direction than the classic progressions ...
    That’s exactly it, the star chart is a tool, a kind of mandala and that’s going to depend on what you do with it and it’s valid in many areas of life and not just in astrology.
    I also share with you an excerpt from a book on the astrology of Anne Barbault, the daughter of the great Astrologer André Barbault. And I chose "Bad and Good Use of Astrology" and which addresses another dialectic of the practice of astrology.

“What if, despite or even because of the knowledge it provides, astrology is harmful to us?

No science escapes the unfortunate treatment that can be subjected to it, physics or chemistry by a dangerous application of their discoveries, medicine by a therapeutic standardization ect. While it is fair to criticize practical error, knowledge in itself cannot be called into question. Any knowledge requires a sense of responsibility in addition to competence.

Let us leave here the acrobats of fortune telling and stick to the authentic astrologer. It is naturally to him that the misuse of his art is attributable, most often out of weakness towards the client, by allowing himself to be drawn into his belief system.

The usual blindness of the consultant is to believe that everything is done in advance because the course of the stars makes the stops of fate: it suffices to read in the theme the unveiling of the future, which at the same time implies that the consulted must know everything, the poor one… […] What the theme contains is only a world of potentialities, the virtuality of a being; if it is by drawing from these living forces that he comes to life, it is in his own hands that the life he draws from them takes shape, in his way of consuming and using them that he concretizes his existence. If we did not take charge, especially in our society, what would happen to us? That man is the craftsman of his destiny is obvious, if we think about it.

However, it is this unfortunate deterministic frame of mind that too often leads the client into the consulting room. There is no doubt that criticism is justified in the circumstances, equating its interest or curiosity with an infantile approach and condemning the result to a disempowerment. Believing to undergo a fate and passively waiting for it to be revealed to him what must happen to him, this type of consultant adopts a disarming inertia which contributes to demobilize him in the taking in hand of his existence.

Astrology can then serve as an alibi for a certain cowardice in the face of life, going so far as to entrust his own in foreign hands, shrugging his freedom of choice and justifying his resignation with a "it's Saturn's fault". The most confusing consultant is the one who is not interested in knowing himself, believing he knows his character and hearing that it is useless to talk about it. His lack of psychology reduces him to hang on to the prognosis and at the same time to hang on to the tips of the prognosticator. He is the one who waits the most for him to make decisions for him and take his place in solving problems which are not, however, interchangeable. This is how you put yourself in the shoes of an assisted, the astrologer becomes a tutor and astrology a drug.

With this type of clientele, there is a shift from traditional consultation, with the content of pure psychological information, towards a type of consultation that comes under psychotherapy. A certain neurotic state is often the motive of this one, the subject seeking, without clearly knowing it, to be relieved by the means of the consultation. If the fear of living pushes some to flee frequentation with astrologers, it leads others to have an unhealthy dependence on them by making them play the roles of confessor through their secrets, through their debates about moods of the roles of director of consciousness, by their discharges of emotionality from the roles of therapist. Obviously, some of this data set is always entered in the "normal" consultation; this is what means that if it is successful,through a happy encounter and a quality transmission, the client not only has the feeling of having learned something valuable; he feels, moreover, that sort of benefit which comes from any deep reunion with oneself. It is in this sense that the consultation can have the value of a self-therapeutic phenomenon ”[…]

I found the video relating to the excerpt you shared
    (Unknown Reality Volume 2, Session 729)

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Johan (Keyholder) (21st December 2020), Peter UK (20th December 2020), Sue (Ayt) (21st December 2020)

29. Link to Post #15
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

I've been interested in astrology for 50 years, but I won't say I actually practice it. I've picked up things along the way, am good at guessing sun signs. But some things have always bothered me. For instance, a friend who is a Taurus and has no Gemini or significant 3rd house weight in her chart, sun nowhere near the cusp, yet seems like a Gemini. I don't think people should take it too seriously. And I know from reincarnating pets that personality and intelligence level survive reincarnation nearly 100% intact, regardless of astrology.

It is interesting this relationship of the characteristics of Gemini, of the 3rd house with a Sun in Taurus and in addition a woman. A question where is the position of the Moon?
    Have you looked at these progressions, because a Taurus through his Sun undeniably progresses for 30 years in the sign of Gemini. With the position of the sun in degrees in Taurus, I can tell you when this happened, but it is just the position of the Sun that is not enough to say that this woman is of Taurus or Gemini essence. It is enough to have a minimum of three planets in a sign to be charged with energy. Seeing the position of Mercury ruler of Gemini, Venus ruler of Taurus, Moon ruler of Cancer, Mars ruler of Aries, are the planetary symbols considering formed the personality.
    And what makes it complex to belong to one sign, but usually several that we endorse through the progressions in our life ...
    I come back to the ascendant you touched on in your previous comment, depending on where it is and then where the next house the cusp of 2 begins, because this may explain that our way of behaving will change depending on:
    • From the space of the ascendant in the zodiac
    • The progression of the ascendant.
    This change is often done in people with oppositions, a change of personality can be done, like a change of reversed poles ...

30. Link to Post #16
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Johan (Keyholder) (here)
    We had calculators then. It took me two hours to make my radix. I was quite proud of it!
    When I started looking for what it all meant, I almost fell off my chair. I just couldn't believe what I got from this unusual information.
    There were a lot more astrologers around this time (at least I think).
    So I thought, "If I, an astrology neophyte like myself, can get that much out of it, then what could a real qualified astrologer do?"
    Thank you Johan for sharing your experience
    Also for the first card I spent two hours in hand with a friend who gave me these ephemeris and books on astrology.
    He is one of those who have studied astrology for a year, who have been around it and found that astrology could not give them more answers.
    The click was the same in the early 70s with a small booklet and are disc to calculate the ascendancy that my mother gave me from Jean Rignac, a very popular astrologer in France at that time and I still have it.
    Like everything to progress, is to practice and then to fly like a bird and not depend on such astrologer said that.
    Many astrologers who have gained experience in astrology, then developed their own method, it is like the apprentice who with experience becomes by his own work a master of his art and these skills ...

And today do you still practice astrology?

George, Llewellyn (1876-1954)
    His card
    Llewellyn George, born August 17, 1876 in Swansea and died July 11, 1954 in Los Angeles, was an English publisher of the New Age movement, primarily publishing books on the occult and astrology.

The New Age movement, I see it by Neptune in conjunction with its MC the zenith and the Moon in 12 in conjunction Venus, a lot of charm that attracted women like... flies

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Johan (Keyholder) (21st December 2020)

32. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lunesoleil (here)

It is interesting this relationship of the characteristics of Gemini, of the 3rd house with a Sun in Taurus and in addition a woman. A question where is the position of the Moon?
    Have you looked at these progressions, because a Taurus through his Sun undeniably progresses for 30 years in the sign of Gemini. With the position of the sun in degrees in Taurus, I can tell you when this happened, but it is just the position of the Sun that is not enough to say that this woman is of Taurus or Gemini essence. It is enough to have a minimum of three planets in a sign to be charged with energy. Seeing the position of Mercury ruler of Gemini, Venus ruler of Taurus, Moon ruler of Cancer, Mars ruler of Aries, are the planetary symbols considering formed the personality.
    And what makes it complex to belong to one sign, but usually several that we endorse through the progressions in our life ...
    I come back to the ascendant you touched on in your previous comment, depending on where it is and then where the next house the cusp of 2 begins, because this may explain that our way of behaving will change depending on:
    • From the space of the ascendant in the zodiac
    • The progression of the ascendant.
    This change is often done in people with oppositions, a change of personality can be done, like a change of reversed poles ...
    I'm sorry, but none of your standard astrological explanations work for this person. No Gemini or 3rd house emphasis. Unrelated to progression as she has always been this way. Forget moon and ascendant. I've observed "off-sign" similarities with others also, over the years. No system is perfect, so it's best not to make a religion of it.

Tropical and Sidereal charts are different, and both have their adherents. With each school "disproving" the other, there's a lot of latitude for deviation. If astrology were the steering wheel of your car, you'd never stay on the road. It's just not exact enough to support all the measurements and calculations that astrologers rely on. It's not the planets that are at fault, it's neurotic humans calculating with them, pretending to have a science.

33. Link to Post #18
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

I'm sorry, but none of your standard astrological explanations work for this person. No Gemini or 3rd house emphasis. Unrelated to progression as she has always been this way. Forget moon and ascendant. I've observed "off-sign" similarities with others also, over the years. No system is perfect, so it's best not to make a religion of it. .

Sorry Tomkat, I know my tool well and we can say anything about the simple position of the Sun in astrology which is the instrument of horoscopes in the newspapers and on the radio and that absolutely does not make a credible astrology for them. real astrologers and you tell me you have 50 years of experience in astrology, are you kidding ??
    Recognizing a person's position of the Sun is a derivative of horoscopes, but it is not the astrology of astrologers that I know of.

34. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lunesoleil (here)
    I'm sorry, but none of your standard astrological explanations work for this person. No Gemini or 3rd house emphasis. Unrelated to progression as she has always been this way. Forget moon and ascendant. I've observed "off-sign" similarities with others also, over the years. No system is perfect, so it's best not to make a religion of it. .

Sorry Tomkat, I know my tool well and we can say anything about the simple position of the Sun in astrology which is the instrument of horoscopes in the newspapers and on the radio and that absolutely does not make a credible astrology for them. real astrologers and you tell me you have 50 years of experience in astrology, are you kidding ??
    Recognizing a person's position of the Sun is a derivative of horoscopes, but it is not the astrology of astrologers that I know of.
    I'm not just talking sun signs as you'd see if you read what I wrote. I know all the standard arguments you're using, and disposed of them long ago in her case. But believe what you want.

35. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Lunesoleil, I haven't practiced astrology for a long, long time.

Sometimes, I may still use "Astrodienst" to have a quick "peek" into someone's horoscope, but that's about it.
    It's not that I don't realize what astrology can teach someone, it certainly càn!

It has more to do with one's Life Purpose; for some people this will be their Path and they know it (most of the time anyway).
    Life tends to teach people where one's talents and possibilities are. If one is only willing to look (and learn).

Many people here on PA do exactly thàt: follow - intuitively or not - what they chose to do here, this life-time around.

It is no secret either that many here have had very unusual lives, in countless ways. You only have to jump around the subjects a bit to see that.

I think it's great that you found ànd followed your vocation! I know you also find a lot of comfort and support in it. Good for you!

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (21st December 2020), Lunesoleil (21st December 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 5 LastLast