1. Link to Post #21
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 times in 1,185 posts

Arrow Re: Give me your opinion on astrology, thank you

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    I'm not just talking sun signs as you'd see if you read what I wrote. I know all the standard arguments you're using, and disposed of them long ago in her case. But believe what you want.
    Are you, Tomkat a sore loser? , practicing astrology for 50 years and then denigrating it is almost inconceivable or there is something that escapes me. I have known so-called astrologers after 20 years of "practice" so to speak, these people were still in the basics of the basics. Hadn't taken off at all, it's like being in the plane with your parachute and not jumping. Many false astrologers, are curious observers, who take only what suits them and make no effort in themselves to go beyond what they can peck in the backyard.
    This is not the astrology that I practice and even if I manage to respect those who have a different approach from mine, by the simple fact of bringing a new perspective, which will allow us to mutually enrich our understanding of an astrology that has many tricks up its sleeve. When I criticize astrologers, I have good reasons, because I am able to do so, I have the knowledge, I have had experience in the field and have been in the field long enough to give my opinion. It's good to talk about one thing, but if you are not able to go further in your reasoning it is because you are like that lame astrologer who was missing something that you did not achieve. to obtain.
    Astrology is an art that requires cultivating a privileged relationship in order to obtain the quintessence of one's knowledge. It's about saying a prayer and whether or not your dearest wish will be granted. Astrology has kind of a soul that can echo or even become a Forbidden City, because you were not allowed to enter the temple….

An excerpt from a book by Dane Rudhyar "A New Man for a New Age" and read carefully on:

I chose the last chapter "the ideal of social plenitude"

Of course, it is impossible to know if this phase of synthesis, which is part of the plausible evolution of human society, will actually succeed in seeing the light of day in a world profoundly disrupted, but also energized by the planetary impact of Western civilization . The next generation might as well witness a catastrophic miscarriage, or be forced to end gestation if there is no longer any doubt that humanity is about to give birth to a monster. We are just as incapable of saying what form a peaceful and globalizing planetary society would take if it could come into being without too much trouble; yet many visionaries have tried to outline at least what form it should have, according to their own ideal of human achievement.These are projects or dreams, which have been called "utopias" […]

The possible of tomorrow depends on what our yesterdays and days before have made the world today. But the efforts that we can make to achieve a possible future are also conditioned by the type of interpretation we will be able to give of the tumultuous events and often tragic conflicts of past centuries. […]

If we consider the development of humanity from a materialist perspective and situate this process in an exclusively physical universe where forces oppose other forces and where rigid laws govern according to patterns that only the intellect endowed with reason can define, the only probable utopia has many chances to be the Marxist vision which levels humanity in a classless society, where all that remains to be solved are problems of production and material organization; unless it is the technocratic utopia born from the scientist mentality, which exalts the empiricism and intellectualism that we know well in the West and which deliberately or not would lead to the exercise of a totalitarian power by a caste of managers, engineers, biologists,psychologists and physicians seeking to develop “perfect” beings in an environment worthy of their idea of ​​flawless functionalism, total health, absolute happiness and unfailing prosperity […]

At the other end of the philosophical spectrum, we find the utopias that could be called "spiritualist" based on the idea that man is in essence a spiritual being operating in and through a physical organism, but without this the latter necessarily limits it, wherever the link is conscious. While materialistic utopias tend to emphasize the collective aspect of human development, and its objective manifestations, the spiritualist philosopher and mystic privilege the individual and his subjective experiences which reveal the possibility of the infinite supraphysical development of man. 'a spiritual “essence”, a permanent awareness of the “I” […]

At the present stage of human evolution and consciousness, it is certainly difficult to determine the natural belonging of the individual to one elementary type of function or to another. It is nevertheless interesting to note that the political organization of many democracies is based on a somewhat similar differentiation of the legislative, executive and judicial powers. Unfortunately, this principle of tripartite organization is only understood at the political level of power, and is exercised through a constant struggle for influence. It should be understood that this same tripartite principle is also exercised and in a more fundamental way, at the level of the individual conscience of the members of the socio-cultural group.

At this level, no sane person would dream of denying the existence of fundamental and natural differences between the needs, wants and purposes of individuals. Any attempt to root out psychological variances and impose any uniformity is bound to fail, because the recorded differences arise from various bio-psychic temperaments, and at the same time transcend their source. On the contrary, I insist on it, allow each fundamental mode of functional activity to unfold at its own pace and at its most characteristic, productive and significant level, but nevertheless at the same time. 'within the limits imposed by the specificity of the whole of which it participates […]

At this level of practice of astrology, the astrologer has reached another level of consciousness

Khaldea
    you will find many articles by this author

2. Link to Post #22
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    I don't have a technical, mathematical kind of mind so I wouldn't make a good astrologer, but I think intuition would always have to be an attribute for an astrologer to be really good at what they do. Good astrologers can provide amazing insights into all manner of subjects.
    Astrology is a much more technically precise art than those practiced by psychics, channelers, tarot readers, numerologists, etc., imho though I think they all can offer much when the practitioner is sufficiently talented and intuitive.
    I would say that you don't have to be a good mathematician to practice astrology, since there are many forms of astrologies, then you have to determine the category of astrologer you have chosen to be. There are also the "consumers of astrology" who do not speak much about it and yet there are many. I noticed in the "Stoic Astrology-Astrology Reports" thread that you created, are you promoting, are you a member of his site ?, I also see who is giving consultations, have you already looked at him?

There is not one type of astrology but a multitude of astrologies, it is the plurality in the different approaches and methods that is the source of progress in consciousness.
    I've never been a fan of a singer, until going to these concerts or buying these records, I just take the song that I like and never stop conquering, to discover new things, this is what brings us an exponential opening of an infinite knowledge. Astrology is not just about reading articles from your favorite author, it is about experiencing yourself in the method you are experimenting with, because there is always something to learn however little - he.

Did you know for a single astrological aspect, there is an infinite number of combinations in the interpretation which will depend on the intellectual baggage of the astrologer, his seniority, the quality of the message he wants to convey which is to be qualified between a astrologer who will write an article based on his need and not for the reader's need. I find it a shame to have an astrological interest like yours and not to have tried to share your results of your research or reflections, because after 4 years (a cycle in solar revolution) you have not taken the step in practice of this art. You know there is everything in astrologers, scientists, theorists, spiritual, emotional, intuitive, symbolists, researchers, observers, dreamers ect ...

3. Link to Post #23
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Johan (Keyholder) (here)
    Lunesoleil, I haven't practiced astrology for a long, long time.
    Thank you Johan, I did not take the time to answer all of your thoughts, but believe me I really appreciated. I think we can recognize people who have experienced astrology seriously, because astrology over time brings a kind of humility, but not everyone develops this quality and that's a shame. Because the study of astrology requires being humble, as we would be with God in our prayers. I can know your level of course, thank you

Sometimes, I may still use "Astrodienst" to have a quick "peek" into someone's horoscope, but that's about it.
    I know the astrodienst tool well since my beginnings on the internet, I have a free account and I mainly use various charts, but I know that the horoscopes are of quality, I like the AstroClick Partner interactive map and remain a summary approach, like the oracle of colors ...

It's not that I don't realize what astrology can teach someone, it certainly càn!
    It has more to do with one's Life Purpose; for some people this will be their Path and they know it (most of the time anyway).
    Astrology is an asset for developing intuition and brings many benefits in this direction in terms of changes in intuitive perceptions. It is also a mental hygiene, which changes your own way of seeing yourself as well as others when you have the person's card. Because the card has a part of magic for the astrologer, like the tarot for the seer

Life tends to teach people where one's talents and possibilities are. If one is only willing to look (and learn).
    Exactly, but do we have to give ourselves the necessary time and not just the effort to get there? The study of astrology makes it easier to accept yourself as you are, it is the most important I think to accept who I am, which is sometimes more difficult to be accepted by others. And when it comes from another astrologer, you can imagine what astrology gave or denied.

Many people here on PA do exactly thàt: follow - intuitively or not - what they chose to do here, this life-time around
    On Project Avalon, already we come not by chance, there can be at the beginning of the curiosity, but these people do nothing but go their way and then it is true that a forum to charge you the life according to the contents of the discussions

It is no secret either that many here have had very unusual lives, in countless ways. You only have to jump around the subjects a bit to see that.
    I'm going to be very honest I don't have a lot of time for that, otherwise I spend all my day reading the exchanges, but I want to believe that there is some consciousness energy, then it all depends on what the we are looking for and our spiritual needs or response to a questioning of the moment. In astrology it's a bit the same, we will do a search on Google according to our current concerns or search for additional and specific information to land here and not elsewhere.

I think it's great that you found ànd followed your vocation! I know you also find a lot of comfort and support in it. Good for you!
    A yes astrology has changed my life and my perception of the world and I think that if I had not studied astrology at the level that I chose with complete freedom of choice, I think that I would not have the life I have today. Because everything is a question of vibratory frequency, heart and level of consciousness that the study of astrology can bring in its own way. Thank you for your kindness.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Johan (Keyholder) (21st December 2020)

5. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

Default Re: Give me your opinion on astrology, thank you

I like Ang Stoic's info because he publishes his charts and some of his predictions/insights online for free, and I resonate with it because he likes to share his views of the big picture, and because I like some of the imaginative artwork he includes in his updates.
    ( Being an INFJ, I look at the big picture a lot as well. )
    I get no reimbursement for posting his info here, and I am not a subscriber to his site.

I have no desire to become an astrologer.
    But as an intuitive I will make a prediction, which is that if you are using Avalon to try to drum up business for yourself, you will not meet with much success.
    I think your approach is too aggressive, and in any case, such commercial endeavors are in cross-purposes to Avalon's mission.

Quote Posted by Lunesoleil (here)
    I don't have a technical, mathematical kind of mind so I wouldn't make a good astrologer, but I think intuition would always have to be an attribute for an astrologer to be really good at what they do. Good astrologers can provide amazing insights into all manner of subjects.
    Astrology is a much more technically precise art than those practiced by psychics, channelers, tarot readers, numerologists, etc., imho though I think they all can offer much when the practitioner is sufficiently talented and intuitive.
    I would say that you don't have to be a good mathematician to practice astrology, since there are many forms of astrologies, then you have to determine the category of astrologer you have chosen to be. There are also the "consumers of astrology" who do not speak much about it and yet there are many. I noticed in the "Stoic Astrology-Astrology Reports" thread that you created, are you promoting, are you a member of his site ?, I also see who is giving consultations, have you already looked at him?

There is not one type of astrology but a multitude of astrologies, it is the plurality in the different approaches and methods that is the source of progress in consciousness.
    I've never been a fan of a singer, until going to these concerts or buying these records, I just take the song that I like and never stop conquering, to discover new things, this is what brings us an exponential opening of an infinite knowledge. Astrology is not just about reading articles from your favorite author, it is about experiencing yourself in the method you are experimenting with, because there is always something to learn however little - he.

Did you know for a single astrological aspect, there is an infinite number of combinations in the interpretation which will depend on the intellectual baggage of the astrologer, his seniority, the quality of the message he wants to convey which is to be qualified between a astrologer who will write an article based on his need and not for the reader's need. I find it a shame to have an astrological interest like yours and not to have tried to share your results of your research or reflections, because after 4 years (a cycle in solar revolution) you have not taken the step in practice of this art. You know there is everything in astrologers, scientists, theorists, spiritual, emotional, intuitive, symbolists, researchers, observers, dreamers ect ...
    Each breath a gift...

6. Link to Post #25
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

I have no desire to become an astrologer.
    But as an intuitive I will make a prediction, which is that if you are using Avalon to try to drum up business for yourself, you will not meet with much success.
    I think your approach is too aggressive, and in any case, such commercial endeavors are in cross-purposes to Avalon's mission.
    Tell me onawah, what makes you write such bad intentions ?, that I'm here to recruit potential clients? , have you seen something in this direction on my blog? I'm sorry to tell you, "I don't give any astrology consultations and have always declined requests received privately on the Avalon forum.
    I created this discussion to bring something else to the astrology section which is not really crowded and where exchanges are very rare. I think this discussion was missing to develop a new look and why not trigger the click by pushing the door of an astrology of horoscopes to create these astrological cooking recipes.
    I have opinions, I claim them is not to be aggressive, I say what I think, it is to wake up sleeping spirits or those who call themselves astrologers and are not even. It is true that the truth can hurt, but the truth is also the trigger of conscience, because the truth not clearly heard at the moment is a door which invites us to change.
    Having an interest in astrology starts out with a surge of the heart for something that gives us an answer to questions or situations that we go through. It's a step to start, then we can take two, then three, four ect ...
    At my level, I know the excesses of the practice of astrology, of these detractors between sidereal and tropical and heliocentric is also an approach just as exciting as one could confront with geocentrism, I have experienced both.
    It may be the hour of revelations knowing that chance does not exist, because everything has a meaning in life which is filled with symbol, synchronicity, sometimes magic that we have to provoke you not to be missed….

Gift for you

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

ulli (22nd December 2020)

8. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

Well, I'm glad to hear it.
    Perhaps you can see why your unfounded assumption that I am remiss in not learning how to become an astrologer did not come across as being concerned or benevolent, but aggressively challenging in a quite unnecessary manner.
    if you find others on Avalon who are interested in the study of astrology, all well and good, but it has not been so much a focal point here as yet; though that could change.
    But please count me out as a possible recruit.
    And if you don't like the Ang Stoic thread, hopefully you will not find a competitive need to post there.
    Thank you.
    Each breath a gift...

9. Link to Post #27
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

if you find others on Avalon who are interested in the study of astrology, all well and good, but it has not been so much a focal point here as yet; though that could change.

I very much hope that other members of the Avalon Forum will provide their testimonies on the art of Urania. The purpose of this discussion is not to provoke controversy or personal attacks but to share even a negative experience. The author of another discussion provided a very interesting reflection on what "the truth" can mean which will be different for each of us. I do not hold the absolute truth about astrology because I know these flaws and limitations, which come from my own experience. What I don't understand is the lack of honesty in these loopholes and mistakenly wanting to lump astrologers into the same bag.

My experience of astrology forums, have only "the name", because it is often a content diverted from its origin for lack of knowledge so one is ironic until becoming ridiculous by the mediocrity of the speech. Today astrology is overused, it is like this woman who is thrown stones for having cheated on her husband. Because it's astrology, we allow ourselves to say everything, until sacrificing it at the stake, because the church has prohibited its teaching, so we allow ourselves to call it a whore, of all names because astrology would not be worth studying in a university?

We even come to parochial quarrels, my god what sad language, for lack of discernment, or for having chosen to be a consumer because it is free, there is no need to make personal efforts, others do it for us and in addition a copy pasted is enough to steal recognition that does not belong to us.

What can be done when faced with a deaf person who does not want to hear? , we can't do anything more!
    I do hope that some members will bring another story than yours, showing themselves in the bottom of the wave, because there is nothing else to share than resentments, contempt for an astrologer more interesting than this. that you can suggest? , only animosity that has no place in this discussion.

It takes everything to make a world and we can say that we cannot please everyone ... and all tastes are in nature. It's like in a supermarket, we still have the right to choose, unlike in times of war the choices are imposed by the restrictions ... and sometimes these restrictions have to be imposed on oneself, the excuse can seem a good way not to do one thing, rather than another. ..

Last edited by Chris Gilbert; 26th December 2020 at 22:58. Reason: original quote mistyped

10. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

I'm not just talking sun signs as you'd see if you read what I wrote. I know all the standard arguments you're using, and disposed of them long ago in her case. But believe what you want.
    Are you, Tomkat a sore loser?
    Didn't know I was in a contest, but if you want to declare yourself some kind of winner, go ahead.

, practicing astrology for 50 years and then denigrating it is almost inconceivable or there is something that escapes me. I have known so-called astrologers after 20 years of "practice" so to speak, these people were still in the basics of the basics. Hadn't taken off at all, it's like being in the plane with your parachute and not jumping. Many false astrologers, are curious observers, who take only what suits them and make no effort in themselves to go beyond what they can peck in the backyard.
    This is not the astrology that I practice and even if I manage to respect those who have a different approach from mine, by the simple fact of bringing a new perspective, which will allow us to mutually enrich our understanding of an astrology that has many tricks up its sleeve. When I criticize astrologers, I have good reasons, because I am able to do so, I have the knowledge, I have had experience in the field and have been in the field long enough to give my opinion. It's good to talk about one thing, but if you are not able to go further in your reasoning it is because you are like that lame astrologer who was missing something that you did not achieve. to obtain.
    Astrology is an art that requires cultivating a privileged relationship in order to obtain the quintessence of one's knowledge. It's about saying a prayer and whether or not your dearest wish will be granted. Astrology has kind of a soul that can echo or even become a Forbidden City, because you were not allowed to enter the temple….
    In other words, you've gone off the deep end... Good luck

11. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Having an interest in astrology starts out with a surge of the heart for something that gives us an answer to questions or situations that we go through. It's a step to start, then we can take two, then three, four ect ...
    At my level, I know the excesses of the practice of astrology, of these detractors between sidereal and tropical and heliocentric is also an approach just as exciting as one could confront with geocentrism, I have experienced both.
    It may be the hour of revelations knowing that chance does not exist, because everything has a meaning in life which is filled with symbol, synchronicity, sometimes magic that we have to provoke you not to be missed….

Gift for you
    Thank you for this thread. Talking astrology is always a bit risky, and in my experience invites plenty of trolling, and also abuse, as some people feel entitled to receiving the info on a platter.

But I see nothing wrong with people who have a genuine interest in this infinite subject discussing their astrological charts and having a close look at current transits, and sharing their observations.

Here is my current situation: In 2020 I experienced Uranus squaring my AC, Phew.
    (For those not familiar with those terms:
    Uranus rules Aquarius, and rules the sudden, and unexpected events. Rules shocks as well as surprises. Rules technology, rules innovation, intuition, genius flashes, rebellion, rules the going against the grain.

A “square” is a right angle, and as four right angles form a cross, as in suffering, energies can become disruptive, like a star gate that might slide open and allow dark forces to march into our 3D world, entering from lower domains. It is a time of testing, of make or break tests.

And the AC, or Ascendant, is the zodiacal point of the eastern horizon which can only be known if the hour and place of birth are also known. It is determined by the rotation of the earth around its own axis. If one is born at sunrise, the AC is then the same sign as the sun sign.

The AC is associated mostly with our physical body, genetics, and our personality as it is formed during early life, by the societal forces of childhood and early education. As a person matures and becomes an individual with a unique and specific life path, collecting memories, the sun sign becomes stronger.

Anyway, here is me sharing what Uranus had in store for me this last godforsaken year.
    Several times during the transit I would wake up from deep sleep, with a severe pain in my mouth, as I had bitten hard on my tongue. Ouch. I understand that there are people who are born with a bad Uranus angle who suffer with this their entire life time.
    Also my smartphone slipped out of my hand and the screen broke.
    Then my watch, which has a torchlight inside, and can be very useful when having to get up during the night to use the bathroom, also crashed to the floor, hitting the torchlight button, which now works no more.
    My Aquarius son (three planets in Aquarius, all of them square his natal Uranus) and I had a sad falling out, due to political differences. He believes now that I am insane.
    The list can go on and on, but perhaps you get the idea.

And now the Jupiter/Saturn conjunction is squaring my north node at any moment.
    Not quite sure yet how to interpret this transit, but perhaps my reluctance to post here on this forum is coming to an end, and perhaps this transit could have something to do with that. Thank you for baiting me, Lunesoleil.

No two astrologers see the same things, as the subject is just incredibly vast, but we can enjoy each others different perspectives.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (23rd December 2020), Catseye (23rd December 2020), Journeyman (26th December 2020), leavesoftrees (23rd December 2020), Lunesoleil (22nd December 2020), Peace in Oz (23rd December 2020), Sue (Ayt) (26th December 2020)

13. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,984 times in 463 posts

Quote Posted by ulli (here)

And now the Jupiter/Saturn conjunction is squaring my north node at any moment.
    Not quite sure yet how to interpret this transit, but perhaps my reluctance to post here on this forum is coming to an end, and perhaps this transit could have something to do with that. Thank you for baiting me, Lunesoleil.
    Nice to see you posting again Ulli. Welcome back!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

ulli (23rd December 2020)

15. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,525 times in 32,788 posts

I keep on thinking of posting on this thread — simply to answer the question.

Ever since I read Lifetide (by Lyall Watson), back in the late 80s, I've been intrigued about how astrology could possibly work. Watson was an inspired and open-minded biologist who also wrote the most excellent book Supernature (here it is in the Avalon Library), and he cited quite a lot of statistical evidence showing that astrology seemed to have at least some validity.

He also tried valiantly — but in my view unconvincingly — to theorize what the mechanism might be. I've studied a lot of math and physics (and wanted to be an astrophysicist when I was a kid!), and I absolutely can't see a mechanism. Just none at all, anywhere in sight. It all seems totally impossible.

There are many questions that most astrologers seem not to consider. One of the most interesting might be: would astrology work in other solar systems, for other intelligent species, whose views of the stars and planets close to them would be very different?

And another (which I do know many have tried to address, but never at all persuasively for me) is why the moment of birth is considered more important than the moment of conception (or the moment of 'walk-in', if the spirit entered the body after birth, which can sometimes happen).

Birth is only about one's body. Isn't one's (re-)entry into the world as a spirit rather more significant?

But I have had one or two very accurate astrological readings. It all remains a complete mystery to me. I don't pay a lot of attention to it, but here we are, and you did ask the question.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (23rd December 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (23rd December 2020), Catsquotl (11th January 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (23rd December 2020), Journeyman (26th December 2020), kudzy (23rd December 2020), Lunesoleil (23rd December 2020), Sue (Ayt) (26th December 2020), TomKat (24th December 2020), ulli (23rd December 2020), Yoda (23rd December 2020)

17. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Once the astrology student discovers the validity of astrological analysis and even forecasts as being consistently accurate, then this question ought to arise, as one’s former understanding of the universe is being challenged.

Cause and effect are misconceptions here. It is more like as if things are running side by side, or parallel. As above, so below- and I don’t mean in an up and down way, but rather how microcosm and macrocosm seem to have similar laws governing their structures.

The specific energy flow which happens when planets form mathematical angles shows that geometry plays a significant part in ordering nature. Flowers and their petals form specific designs, and all very orderly.

And here we also find that astrology connects with numerology. For example a 72 degree angle multiplied by five gives us a pentacle, or five pointed star.

In occult teachings it is associated with protective energy. Hence the US department of defense was built in the form of a pentagon.

The even-sided triangle, i.e. 120 degrees, times three, is associated with the holy trinity, while the right angle, 90 degrees times 4 gives us a cross, as in crucifixion.

So when studying sacred geometry one can then see how it fits in with astrology, and other hidden teachings.

Another thought has to do with what happens with our consciousness and how it tends to expand when there is a shock, or surprise. Our memories are made up of those specific moments, conscious as well as subconscious memories.

So for example a baby inside the mothers womb gradually becomes more and more uncomfortable as its life inside the womb draws to an end. There is panic when contractions begin, increased heart rate, and life feels as if it is being threatened.
    Then comes birth, and with it comes a great relief as baby discovers that it is still alive, albeit with a different breathing method. It can finally move its limbs again.
    So this is the huge surprise, this new beginning. A massive leap in consciousness follows, and like music is engraved on a blank CD disc, so personality traits are also formed. So the birth chart measures this precise moment, how our solar system that surrounds us, affected the makeup of this moment’s deepest memories.
    While some scientists focus only on genetics, and find truth there, the astrologer focuses on the hidden mathematics of our solar system, although some go even further and study the positions of distant stars, finding correlation even there.

While psychoanalysis looks at patterns created during early childhood, the astrologer goes to the moment of birth, and compares the mathematical design of geometric patters in our solar system, and there finds parallels with behavior, and talents, or weaknesses that make this person unique.

And great talents then can become indicators to past lives’ merits earned, which become helpful while navigating the present life.
    Lots to think about.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (23rd December 2020), happyuk (24th December 2020), Johan (Keyholder) (23rd December 2020), Lunesoleil (23rd December 2020), Sue (Ayt) (26th December 2020), TomKat (24th December 2020)

19. Link to Post #33
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Didn't know I was in a contest, but if you want to declare yourself some kind of winner, go ahead.
    Astrology is not a beauty contest, although there are also schools, trainings, conferences. It was from 1666 that Colbert refused entry to astrology at the Academy of Sciences and prohibited astronomers from practicing it, which was lamentably led astray by these detractors
    Admittedly, we are not on the same level of practice of astrology and the why we cannot agree on the language formulations. Horoscopes have done a lot of damage to astrology. The fact of referring to the position of the Sun and confronting it with the polemic of the sidereal zodiac versus the tropical, shows the kind of astrology you frequent, that kind of opinion is a false debate.
    Give me a star chart with its date of birth, time and place and we can start with a serious conversation. But if you are arguing about an observation that comes out of an astrological context that any astrologer will need, as it is their basic tool, I am sorry to tell you, an astrologer can only talk about what he sees and not what he does not see.

Tropical and Sidereal charts are different, and both have their adherents.
    There are astrologers who use in their study the two zodiacs, where is the problem, I even did a study on the practitioners of the sidereal zodiac which is a south node force orientation and the practitioners of the tropical zodiac that the we find more with an accentuation of the north node. If you had done a study of these two psychological tendencies, you would have found a basis for working and understanding these astrological mechanisms.

With each school "disproving" the other, there's a lot of latitude for deviation
    I don't see it that way, it's on the contrary an opportunity to make a choice according to our astrological aspirations, since we have personal tastes, those with an interest in DIY, cooking, sewing ... and others gifted for mathematical reasoning or physics, schools in astrology are there, to develop our innate tendencies. It is the diversity that makes astrology a complete art through these many skills ...

If astrology were the steering wheel of your car, you'd never stay on the road. It's just not exact enough to support all the measurements and calculations that astrologers rely on.
    Think again in astrology there are astrologers specializing in precision, it is simply that you do not know them and that you have never met them, but believe me they exist.
    There are also a lot of researchers in the study of astrology, fortunately because consulting astrologers often do wrong astrology because there are too many of them, as well as some seers taking advantage of the disbelief of their clients.

It's not the planets that are at fault, it's neurotic humans calculating with them, pretending to have a science.
    Don't you think we are all neurotics ??, that's unique to human? The astrologer is like the shoemaker who is said to be the worst shod and I have verified him many times, because the astrologer is above all a human like any other. Can we blame astrology for not having received what it would not have given us?

I believe in Sidereal Astrology for world predictions, where Tropical Astrology falls short. But Sidereal Astrology is terrible for personality analysis.
    I would rather say that it depends on the method you use and that there are astrologers who are very good at prediction. My area of ​​predilection is more the combination of natal and progressions, each his preference. Astrology is a very wide field of investigation and an astrologer cannot get involved in everything, it is impossible otherwise he would spend these days and nights studying.

I believe every planetary aspect influences everyone equally.
    Yes there is an element of truth at a collective level then does this aspect have to resonate with a particular person to trigger an event and at this level I am thinking of the conjunction which is the strongest aspect? in astrology.

Outside of the natal chart, I find astrology to be a weak influence on the individual, but not on the masses..
    We are under the influence of 29-day planetary cycles that of the soli-lunar cycle and of the 500-year Neptune / Pluto cycle, but there are larger ones such as the one referring to kali-yuga

Astrology has fallen victim to the human penchant for creating complex, self-referring, self-proving systems (read Cat's Cradle).
    These complex systems do not exist only in the practice of astrology but also in all scientific studies. The work of an architect to develop the plan of a house, a modern building, an airplane pilot, a master pastry chef to make a delicious dessert, there are talents on the four corners of the planet

Delving too deeply into astrology is a withdrawal from life.
    A priesthood, a religion, is better than being an alcoholic, a drug addict, as long as you move in the right direction and bring something that makes sense for the community ...

In other words, you've gone off the deep end... Good luck
    it's one of my qualities, have you found my sun sign? it's easy ...

Kali-Yuga
    Last edited by Lunesoleil; 23rd December 2020 at 17:49.

20. Link to Post #34
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Thank you for this thread. Talking astrology is always a bit risky, and in my experience invites plenty of trolling, and also abuse, as some people feel entitled to receiving the info on a platter.
    First of all, thank you wonderful Ulli for your feedback on the forum, for the observations I read from you about our shared passion for astrology, which resonated with me.
    About Uranus currently in conjunction with the Dark Moon, will be the subject of my next article.
    If I understood Uranus is squared with your Ascendant? , with me the next destination Uranus is a conjunction with my ascendant, for a change of Look? , I live the Uranus transits rather well, I see it as a guide and combined with the asteroid Atlantis (1198) the return of the Atlanteans.
    I threw myself into the study of astrology, it was under a Uranus transit in conjunction with my MC, I could not have hoped for better! I am not hiding from you to fully understand the meaning of Uranus, we must assess its position in the natal which will accompany us at each of the Uranus transits. I confirmed this in 2018 during a fairly tough transit, in fact, I did not experience any bad surprises. Which means that it is indeed a relationship of initial belief and psychological conditioning. Tormenting yourself over something that in reality does not yet exist, it is the worry that will then cause what you feared. The way we think every day influences our choices and the situations that happen to us.
    The conjunction Jupiter and Saturn with the double square of the Lunar Nodes, must be considered as a karmic challenge on the social level and its structure and which obviously raises many questions ...
    Your Ulli return under a trine of Venus and the Moon Wow, we should be able to get along and keep sharing on astrology, thanks for saving this discussion from the flood
    Looking forward to discussing the art of Urania ...

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Journeyman (26th December 2020), ulli (23rd December 2020)

22. Link to Post #35
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    There are many questions that most astrologers seem not to consider. One of the most interesting might be: would astrology work in other solar systems, for other intelligent species, whose views of the stars and planets close to them would be very different?
    Thanks Bill for the feedback

Your reflection is interesting in the sense that the great American mystic Edgar Cayce speaks of planetary sojourns in the book "The Universe of Edgar Cayce" by author Dorothée Koechlin de Bizemont. I have given excerpts in my articles relating to the asteroid Atlantis to evoke Atlantis the submerged continent

An excerpt from the book about the Moon:

extract p.410 / 411: According to astrological aspects, we can find a stay made on the Moon by this entity . Hence, the lunar influence on this native. Never sleep with your face exposed to the moonlight! There is also a lot to be said about exposure to sunlight. Because Moon and Sun govern the emotions (Reading 1401-1).

As the Sun is the source of life - in terrestrial materiality - the beauty of the satellite of the Earth, experienced in these lunar stays, from where the soul of the individual goes to travel to these other planets […] gives a vital experience to the entity or soul when it passes by there (Reading 805-4)

The inhabitants of the Moon, satellite of the Earth preceded those who adapted to the matter, came to live on the Earth in the material form. And this entity was among those who thus lived on the Moon, it remains very influenced by the two stays it made there. (Reading 264-2)

Classical astrology thinks that the Sun governs sentimental affairs ... but apparently so does the Moon: The elements of the Moon influence matters of love, (Readings 9000-6) The influence of the Moon on this entity plays particularly on the material satisfaction of amorous desires. (Reading 9000-14)

The Moon plays in the direction of an increase of all that is physical, and also pushes the entity to develop towards a high established vocation… The effect of the Sun, however here, is like a brilliant trace that illuminates the relationships of this being with those he meets (Reading 288-1)

And according to astrological tradition, strongly lunar natives are changeable? With this opposing Moon, the entity changes with the phases of the Moon. Not in its goals or in its deep intentions […] but in the way it expresses itself in front of others (Reading 39-2) The Moon being badly aspectated […], the entity lives periods when all that 'she touches […] is marked by luck, but to others, everything goes wrong! (Reading 2855-1)

The entity made a stay on the Moon. Hence over the years, as she develops, the fact that, although beautiful in body and knowing how to express herself, she appears as an inconsistent person. (Reading 1620-2)

Sun and Moon are both also essential for the proper functioning of our organs: Thus astrologically, in the solar system to which the Earth belongs, the other celestial bodies have an influence on the control centers of the human body, like the Sun on the brain, the Moon on sex. (Reading 2608-1)

Everything that is element "Water" in our body is ruled by the Moon, this is what classical astrology says. The Moon has the mastery of the waters, because in the beginning our own planet, the Earth was launched into orbit. The creation of other planets, originally, assigned them the function of governing the fate of all created matter. Exactly as the division of the waters, which took place under the action of the Moon, is still governed by it, on its way around the Earth (Reading 3744-3)

other extract: p.404
    For Edgar Cayce, Uranus was linked to the Atlanteans. This is what he says about the planet Uranus => "The entity is not only an Atlantean, but also a Uranian. Hence the inner certainty that she is sometimes right and that all the others, without exception, are wrong! Or the opposite: everyone is right, except her! This gives a rather special personality, influenced […] by Uranus who takes her to extremes in her desires. The entity needs urgently and all the time to love someone - which can be good or very bad… (readings 3226-1) and again => We find on Uranus the extremes and yet for this entity, the total awareness of its fullness dating from this experience of life in Atlantis - (readings 2794-3) and to finish => Here we find Mercury, Venus, Jupiter and Uranus. And Uranus Yes, who in this life in Atlantis gave the entity these unusual skills - and brings about these sudden, extreme circumstances that arise in his life (reading 2791-1)

Edgar Cayce talks about all the planets and the two luminaries the Sun and the Moon where souls have made sojourns on Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto

I found a video on the subject

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Journeyman (26th December 2020), Sue (Ayt) (26th December 2020), ulli (24th December 2020)

24. Link to Post #36
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    And another (which I know many have tried to address, but never at all convincingly for me) is why the time of birth is considered more important than the time of conception (or the time the `` walk-in '', if the spirit has entered the body after birth, which can sometimes happen)
    I'll try Bill, answer that question. The moment of conception has already been stated time and time again by many astrologers, publicly or privately through conferences, discussion and limited access to members. Do a Google search for Bill, maybe you will find the beginning of an answer. The problem, that very often the day of conception is not known by the astrologer and knowing the time is almost impossible. In astrology, there is the calculation of the prenatal New Moon, by a program that does the calculation.

In the absence of the design theme, we can study converses progressions. It is a method that allows to go back, to follow the planets in their progressions in a retrograde direction. We use the following calculation: One day before birth is equal to one year before birth. For a person of 90 years, the Sun turns 90 ° backwards and in the period of the fetus corresponding to a period of 3 months before the birth. This limit, corresponds to this period of a preterm birth, a premature birth. You cannot exceed this limit at the risk of an under-trained fetus. This, to bring you an index of reflection compared to a mirror evaluation between the capacity of existence of a human life on earth and its equivalent in converses progression.

I have simplified the explanations of the calculations, which obviously do not stop at the sole position of the Sun, but the complete study of the planets. The study of the conception, can complete the study of the converses progressions and in the absence of the first, we still have the study of the converses progressions combined this time in Karmic astrology and this time with the secondary progressions which are calculated by one day after birth is equal to one year. It is at this level of reading the retrograde planets, such as Mercury, Venus and Mars which will bring us valuable indications .

In Astrology, we cannot stop at one element, we are forced to create ramifications between several methods that can be verified for example in a solar revolution anniversary of the current year, which can mean that the information was available now and not another day. A question asked to an astrologer is never trivial, it is part of an internal process and that even if the answer does not answer the question asked, the process is already underway and the answer will come differently, but it is on the way, because the thought there expressed.

Do not know if I answered, I would say that I tried according to my skills and my experience on converses progressions and secondary progressions. The latter is part of my systematic study of the study of the natal chart, one cannot go without the other, it is my philosophy and my path as an astrologer.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Journeyman (26th December 2020), ulli (26th December 2020)

26. Link to Post #37
    China Avalon Member
    Language
    Mandarin
    Thanks

I am an independent researcher and translator on Chinese astrology. Based on the books I read, astrology is a vast and profound knowledge and it can be found in most ancient civilizations. Most of people only know natal chart interpretation which is pretty sad.
    Here is a Brilliant French astrology: André Barbault in Conversation with Lynn Bell

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yuhui For This Post:

Journeyman (26th December 2020), Lunesoleil (26th December 2020), ulli (26th December 2020)

28. Link to Post #38
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by yuhui (here)
    Here is a Brilliant French astrology: André Barbault in Conversation with Lynn Bell
    First of all, thank you Yuhui, for your intervention in this discussion dedicated to astrology.
    Thank you for the long video with André Barbault and Lynn Bell, I only know the short version, I would listen with pleasure to this exchange between these two great astrologers.
    What you should know, there was a great hostility between the astrologer Hades who wrote many books on astrology and André Barbault who was more popular than the first who also had these followers. For the little anecdote: Hades died on October 1, 2019, the birthday of Barbault who himself died 8 days later on October 8, 2019. The first (Hades) was completely ignored, no homage from elite astrologers who preferred to play the big game after the departure of Barbault with a special conference on Paris to pay a last tribute to Barbault. I think this resentment between these two astrologers Hades and André Barbault will not have left either of them and until their death
    And it was this mutual grudge that fueled years of competition between these two men. Why was André Barbault considered a great astrologer ?, Because he had Uranus in conjunction with the Ascendant, the favorite symbol of astrologers ? One was Scorpio / Hades and the other Libra Barbault, each born under a conjunction of Mars and Venus respectively in an aspect of reciprocal tension.
    We can say in the success of Barbault hid the shadow of Hades ...

In the video André Barbault talks about Jean Carteret, he studied the four luminaries, the Sun and the Black Sun, the Moon and the Black Moon.
    Do you know Alan Léo ? , an astrologer from the beginning of the 20th century.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Elainie (26th December 2020), ulli (26th December 2020), yuhui (27th December 2020)

30. Link to Post #39
    Slovenia Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I consider astrology a genuine branch of knowledge. Especially jyotish since I am into yoga. A jyotishi predicted some major happenings in my life which at the time seemed very unlikely to me, but today are reality. I had an opportunity to learn jyotish for free many years ago and I sadly declined, preferring to focus all my energy and time on the university studies. Today I would choose differently. I often wonder upon the differences between the Indian and Western astrology and hope to find some clues in the writings of Aurobindo. I also would like to know about the measure in which the planets spell fate. I remember reading in The Autobiography of a Yogi that the more advanced a being is, the weaker is the hold of the planets over him or her, which intuitively rings true. Anyhow, these are just some musings on a very interesting topic...

31. Link to Post #40
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by LouisZbunjuel (here)
    I often wonder upon the differences between the Indian and Western astrology and hope to find some clues in the writings of Aurobindo
    Thank you for your testimony, I have often heard about Aurobindo who with his partner Mirra created Auroville which celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2018, I had published an article for the event.
    I know a little about Indian astrology, I have a few books and I am interested in the 27 nakshatras or lunar mansions. Indian astrologers have a strongly spiritual approach, much more than Western astrologers ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast