Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast

Thread: Give me your opinion on astrology, thank you

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Default Re: Give me your opinion on astrology, thank you

Quote Posted by Lunesoleil (here)

Quote Posted by yuhui (here)
    Here is a Brilliant French astrology: André Barbault in Conversation with Lynn Bell
    First of all, thank you Yuhui, for your intervention in this discussion dedicated to astrology.
    Thank you for the long video with André Barbault and Lynn Bell, I only know the short version, I would listen with pleasure to this exchange between these two great astrologers.
    What you should know, there was a great hostility between the astrologer Hades who wrote many books on astrology and André Barbault who was more popular than the first who also had these followers. For the little anecdote: Hades died on October 1, 2019, the birthday of Barbault who himself died 8 days later on October 8, 2019. The first (Hades) was completely ignored, no homage from elite astrologers who preferred to play the big game after the departure of Barbault with a special conference on Paris to pay a last tribute to Barbault. I think this resentment between these two astrologers Hades and André Barbault will not have left either of them and until their death
    And it was this mutual grudge that fueled years of competition between these two men. Why was André Barbault considered a great astrologer ?, Because he had Uranus in conjunction with the Ascendant, the favorite symbol of astrologers ? One was Scorpio / Hades and the other Libra Barbault, each born under a conjunction of Mars and Venus respectively in an aspect of reciprocal tension.
    We can say in the success of Barbault hid the shadow of Hades ...

In the video André Barbault talks about Jean Carteret, he studied the four luminaries, the Sun and the Black Sun, the Moon and the Black Moon.
    Do you know Alan Léo ? , an astrologer from the beginning of the 20th century.
    When two people have a lifelong connection like those two astrologers you mentioned, (Hades and Barbault) then the dynamic between their charts gets my attention.
    The Uranus/ AC conjunction of Barbault not only shows the astrological talent, but would have also given him a strong desire for fame. Ascendant in Aquarius even more so.
    And the need to push against someone else. Proving that competition is a healthy source of energy.
    And added to that his Libran need for recognition...to be noticed. The vanity factor.

Hades, the Scorpio, probably had some Libra vanity as well, due to a full 7th house, a his Taurus AV ruled by Venus, but he prefers to be hidden, like its ruling planet Pluto- way out there in the darkness, far from the sun.
    In real life, not having attended high school, was also a contributing factor, to show that one can excel without formal tuition.

Hades (LOL, what a name!!) as you said, was his shadow.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Elainie (26th December 2020), Lunesoleil (26th December 2020)

3. Link to Post #42
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 times in 1,185 posts

Arrow Re: Give me your opinion on astrology, thank you

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Hades was a speudonym, his real name Alain Yaouanc with whom he was known this time as the author of some thirty books on spy novels. The astrologers only knew Hades the astrologer who would have published forty books on astrology. These books have been reissued twice with a new conversion each time. In these books Hades gave many examples of maps to draw attention to aspects related to the nature of the book.

He was an astrologer who had depth and a spiritual approach through extracts in the form of notes from the great masters of India. These were not astrology books to put in everyone's hands, as its interpretation had a realistic meaning and could shock sensitive souls. We can say that there was a certain contrast in these writings. I have some Hades books in my library ...

Last edited by Lunesoleil; 26th December 2020 at 22:19. Reason: I added the photo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

ulli (27th December 2020)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Hades was a speudonym, his real name Alain Yaouanc with whom he was known this time as the author of some thirty books on spy novels. The astrologers only knew Hades the astrologer who would have published forty books on astrology. These books have been reissued twice with a new conversion each time. In these books Hades gave many examples of maps to draw attention to aspects related to the nature of the book.

He was an astrologer who had depth and a spiritual approach through extracts in the form of notes from the great masters of India. These were not astrology books to put in everyone's hands, as its interpretation had a realistic meaning and could shock sensitive souls. We can say that there was a certain contrast in these writings. I have some Hades books in my library ...

Yes, and a perfect one for a Scorpio astrologer.

As Hades was the name of the Greek god of the underworld, which later on in Roman mythology became known as Pluto, and of course Pluto rules the sign of Scorpio.
    This sign gives an obsessive desire to penetrate into the beyond.

From our position here on this nether planet there are two directions to choose from, i.e. the lower worlds beyond, where application of the principle of penetration seeks only self gratification, (example burglary)

and the higher worlds where penetration is applied only after receiving permission, (example eye surgeon).

In the case of Hades, the astrologer, it is no wonder that his popularity lagged behind that of André Barbault, if his books were shocking to sensitive souls. After all, most people who show an interest in astrology, are sensitive, and while a Libra approach is diplomatic, the Scorpio way of doing things is often without anesthesia.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Journeyman (13th January 2021)

7. Link to Post #44
    China Avalon Member
    Language
    Mandarin
    Thanks

Do you know Alan Léo ? , an astrologer from the beginning of the 20th century.
    No, but thank you for this fascinating story. I shall dig in when I have time.
    Astrology folks' natal charts tend to have highlights in their 8th/12th house and with planet pluto. I definitely agree with you that they are linked with the power to "penetrate into the beyond."
    In ancient china, the school of esotericism is actually called "study of black" (玄学)for it's hidden.
    Of course modern astrology has been used to tell the "fate", but in the ancient time, it is the knowledge to communicate with the unknown power. Picatrix is a book I would recommend.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yuhui For This Post:

Journeyman (13th January 2021), ulli (27th December 2020)

9. Link to Post #45
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

but in the ancient time, it is the knowledge to communicate with the unknown power. Picatrix is a book I would recommend.
    Thank you for discovering Picatrix that I did not know. I found some excerpts that I share in English translation.
    Version 2 HERE

Other version HERE

for the beauty of the images

e-book (1)
    e-book (2)
    Last edited by Lunesoleil; 13th January 2021 at 11:56. Reason: added the link of a new article published on Picatrix

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Catsquotl (12th January 2021), yuhui (27th December 2020)

11. Link to Post #46
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

I started with Linda Goodman's books, then Liz Greene's, before even learning how to set up charts.
    I trust that the web is the greatest tool there is, just write astrology for beginners, and then let your intuition guide you to the websites that were designed just for you.. then start reading.
    Compare what you learn there to the facts, and trust the process, it gets easier the more time you spend investigating.
    ...your family members are the people you know best..
    I read Linda Goodman's book Astral Affinities a long time ago, I loved it. I also have the book Jupiter and Saturn Outer Planets, Collective Cycles, and the Inner Planets by Liz Greene. I really liked Stephen Arroyo, Astrology Karma and Transformation. Bill Tierney Dynamics of Astrological Aspects, another excellent book. I read many articles on the Astrodient site of Liz Greene an essential astrologer ...

Liz Greene

12. Link to Post #47
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,212 times in 1,146 posts

I notice that there are hardly any astrologers on the Avalon forum, or are they all gone?
    I have many years of experience, a touch of everything, an astrology handyman, who pushes the doors, to discover, learn and meditate on new paths to explore.
    I am at the same time a contemplative, a researcher, a critic of the practice of astrology, because the worst of everything in astrology is I think to prevent myself from doing something because of a terrible transit of owl thing .
    Go beyond our limits and at the same time we have to deal with our achievements. Because we cannot become what we are not inside ourselves, through our education, our school background, our experience in the field of life. We learn above all from our mistakes, which make us grow in awareness and sometimes in maturity. Because we are not all equal in the face of the Eternal, we are the extension of our parents, of our roots, of our culture in the country where we were born.

It is an invitation to share your feelings in astrology and the place that astrology has in your life, whether near or far. I would like to know the place you give to this ancient art which is both appreciated by these defenders and hated by these detractors.
    Within the tolerance of divided opinions, thank you for your participation.

Tell me everything, I want to know everything even in the darkest recesses of your minds or the brightest parts
    Many thanks to everyone and may the light shine on all the truths of each of the members of Avalon.

Astrology in the UK was long represented, on a national /Television level, by people who seemed to be either obvious charlatans, or at best, entertainers. We had 'celebrity' astrologers who wrote newspaper columns or made tv show appearances and they really just seemed to be cold reading people and pretending to have an insight. So for a long time I thought there was very little to it. I did however always resonate with the description of my birth sign.

I've thought a lot more about it since then though. Firstly, the facts that I was previously aware of but paid little heed to, that monarchs had always paid attention to it, that court astrologers were respected and listened to etc. Those I started to reconsider. Then there's evidence that astrology is very much in the minds of those that are controlling events. If they pay attention to numerology or astrology then it makes sense to pay attention to why that may be?

So I'm now finding myself in middle age having to adjust my perspective and try and come at things like Astrology with an open mind and a fresh perspective!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

Lunesoleil (6th January 2021)

14. Link to Post #48
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Journeyman (here)
    Then there is evidence that astrology is very much on the minds of those in control of events. If they pay attention to numerology or astrology, it makes sense to pay attention to why this can be?
    In ancient times, every King had their astrologer and astrology at that time had nothing to do with today's practice. Eclipses were seen much more as times of calamities. The King's birth sky described his kingdom and his power over his people.

The conjunction of the Sun with Jupiter was a good clue to achieving victory, and the conjunction of the Sun and Saturn was rather a clue of prudence. Jupiter / Zeus son of his father Saturn / Chronos who was saved by his mother Rhea and Jupiter dethroned Saturn, to take his place.

The why the conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn is very revealing of the fall of a power before the new birth at the time of the Winter Solstice 0 ° Aquarius in Tropical, will only be a half victory, it will be necessary to wait I think 2040 and still 17 ° Aquarius and a precession of the equinoxes of 25 °, the era of Aquarius will be long overdue ...

Thank you for the feedback, what Solar sign are you from ?, and the Lunar sign HERE

15. Link to Post #49
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,639 times in 506 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

He also tried valiantly — but in my view unconvincingly — to theorize what the mechanism might be. I've studied a lot of math and physics (and wanted to be an astrophysicist when I was a kid!), and I absolutely can't see a mechanism. Just none at all, anywhere in sight. It all seems totally impossible.

There are many questions that most astrologers seem not to consider. One of the most interesting might be: would astrology work in other solar systems, for other intelligent species, whose views of the stars and planets close to them would be very different?

The way I have come to understand it is that there is no magic ingredient.
    It isn't the stars that make some event happen..

As the universe and life appears cyclical, We can measure the cycles.
    As the stars move about in a cyclical manner they can be used to remember what happened the last time the stars lined up in a similar fashion and make predictions of possible cyclical tendencies that may come up.

On my have yet to read list is a book called cosmos and psyche by Richard Tarnas which (As I am told) dives deeper into the cyclical nature and supposed to dive into the history of some of the outer planet cycles to describe worldly events that took place..

With Love
    Eelco

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (12th January 2021), Journeyman (13th January 2021), Lunesoleil (12th January 2021)

17. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Picatrix is a book I would recommend.

Have you tried to make one of the talismans or sigils?
    I got the book over a year ago, but am not too sure about the current astrological weather to have a pattern captured yet.

With Love
    Eelco

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (12th January 2021), Lunesoleil (13th January 2021)

19. Link to Post #51
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Catsquotl (here)
    On my list to read is a book titled Cosmos and Psyche by Richard Tarnas which (as I'm told) delves deeper into cyclical nature and is meant to delve into the history of some of the outer planet's cycles to describe the world events that have taken place
    I mainly know astrology books in French and I have a particular interest in planetary cycles.
    Starting with the cycle of the Moon, see the four words of my quote:

🌚 initiation = New moon
    🌛 decision = first quarter
    🌝 evaluation = full moon
    🌜 reorganization = last quarter.

These four phases are found in all the planetary cycles, the smallest is that of the Sun and the Moon which gives rhythm to the tides and our biological cycles. The largest planetary cycle that of Neptune and Pluto of almost 500 years, this cycle began in the first decan of Gemini, 100 years ago and we are currently in the phase of the 60 ° aspect sextile and which gave birth to a new form of spirituality separating from religion. We have been in this influence for more than 50 years ... There is the Uranus / Pluto cycle started in 1965 in Virgo, we lived the phase of the first quarter between 2012 and 2015 with a series of 7 repeating squares which is related to these new technologies and these uses for good and for wrong ... The cycle of Saturn and Uranus of 45 years, we are living its last quarter, the next cycle in 10 years ect between the achievements of the past and progress through the evolution of consciousness and technologies ... Jupiter and Saturn 20 year cycle and the ebb and flow of the world economy ... Jupiter and Neptune 13 year cycle, the social dream of humanity ...

20. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

I have not seen the cycles explained like this before, but then I am still stuck in the beginner section of astrology.
    You may like the archetypal explorer website. Seen some pretty impressive cyclical charts from them on the astrology podcast.
    The site itself requires some payment, which I'm not (yet) ready to spend there..

I knew about the jupiter/saturn 20 year cycle which also just changed elements for the next 200 years right?

So to look at how this great conjunction plays out we need to look back 800 years.
    So what happened in the 1200's?

The start of the end of the middle ages?
    If I'm right march 5th 1226? Jupiter and saturn were conjunct at 2'58'' Aquarius.

Been looking at the history of 1226 through 1230.
    Spanish inqiusition.
    war on muslims.

Tristan and Isolde was written down(1226).

Carmina Burana was composed/put together(1230) .seems to be the only positives I could find at a glance..
    sigh....

With Love
    Eelco
    Last edited by Catsquotl; 13th January 2021 at 00:57.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

Lunesoleil (13th January 2021)

22. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    There are many questions that most astrologers seem not to consider. One of the most interesting might be: would astrology work in other solar systems, for other intelligent species, whose views of the stars and planets close to them would be very different?

Yes it would, given that the rules of manifestation and cyclical time are somewhat similar to hours.
    Beyond that I would propose that it works however we want it to.

The best analogy for that is from studying chines medicine.
    In TCM the choice of diagnosis. either zang fu (organ theory) or the 5 elements (wu xing) theory give profoundly different ways of viewing an illness, also the needling in acupuncture is very different.
    Still both way work depending on the choice of the practitioner.

This dials back to the mind being the creator of all things. the mind figures out how something works and locks that working into a manifest reality.
    So another sentient species in a vastly different constellation may someday see a pattern in the sky when confronted with an event.
    The next time a similar constellation occurs he/she/it expects a similar event.. and what do you know the universe complies with it's expectation..

With Love
    Eelco

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

Lunesoleil (13th January 2021)

24. Link to Post #54
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Have you tried to make one of the talismans or sigils?
    I got the book over a year ago, but am not too sure about the current astrological weather to have a pattern captured yet.

To answer your question, I don't practice this kind of ritual, but I recently shared a series of such articles on my blog. I put the links to the original articles, you will find there the magic squares of the 7 planets of traditional astrology, talismans or even Seals

I do a reminder for those who do not know.

Monday moon day
    Tuesday March day
    Wednesday, Mercury day
    Thursday Jupiter Day
    Friday Venus day
    Saturday Saturn Day
    Sunday Sunshine Day

good discovery and excellent reading in the world of symbolism

25. Link to Post #55
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

The best analogy for that is from studying chines medicine.
    In TCM the choice of diagnosis. either zang fu (organ theory) or the 5 elements (wu xing) theory give profoundly different ways of viewing an illness, also the needling in acupuncture is very different.
    Still both way work depending on the choice of the practitioner.
    I saw that you practice Shiatsu, do you know Maguerite de Surany, author of many books on Chinese thought.

Some of the author's books:
    Astrology guide yesterday, today, tomorrow

Your destiny and the lunar nodes

New guide to astrology without calculus

Modern graphology guide

Taoist Medicine Dictionary

Le Corps d'Arc-en-Ciel: Chinese medicine, medical astrology

Soul medicine

Name:  maguerite de surany.JPG
Views: 37
Size:  41.8 KB
    Photo taken from his book Body Language that I had found in a second-hand bookstore, do not know if these books have been translated into English.
    I just found with a search his date of birth, I will do an article soon.
    In his book, the author refers to the 12 signs of the zodiac and 23 relative hexagrams with targeted body parts and the 7 planets

26. Link to Post #56
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

I knew about the jupiter/saturn 20 year cycle which also just changed elements for the next 200 years right?

The start of the end of the middle ages?
    If I'm right march 5th 1226? Jupiter and saturn were conjunct at 2'58'' Aquarius.
    I know the 200 year cycle of Jupiter and Saturn, but I have never done any research.
    I think I'll do it, these conjunctions are found in the Earth signs: Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn, except with the cycle in the early 80s, the conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn at 9° Libra which is a sign of air and which marks this anomaly.
    About the cycle of Jupiter and Saturn, it is to forget Pluto nearby and this cycle is 400 years; you will find my article HERE

So to look at how this great conjunction plays out we need to look back 800 years.
    So what happened in the 1200's?
    I do not understand your reasoning of the 800 years, if the cycle is 200 years, especially since it is actually on a cycle of 400 years if we include the conjunction of Pluto + Jupiter + Saturn

27. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

I do not understand your reasoning of the 800 years, if the cycle is 200 years, especially since it is actually on a cycle of 400 years if we include the conjunction of Pluto + Jupiter + Saturn

The 800 years signifies the elemental cycle. For the next 200 years Jupiter and Saturn will have their conjunctions in air signs. 800 years ago was the previous 200 year cycle jupiter and saturn had their 200 year cycle in air signs.
    with Love
    Eelco

28. Link to Post #58
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

The 800 years signifies the elemental cycle. For the next 200 years Jupiter and Saturn will have their conjunctions in air signs. 800 years ago was the previous 200 year cycle jupiter and saturn had their 200 year cycle in air signs.
    I will have to do a research of all these cycles of Jupiter and Saturn, especially since I was born at the time of this cycle of Jupiter and Saturn, it is my dominant. The basic generic cycle is 20 years. Many articles have cited the 800 year cycle which is an astronomical event, not an astrological event. Jupiter and Saturn were closest at the time of the Winter Solstice, this astronomical influence had occurred 800 years ago. When I have done this astrological research I will start a new discussion. In the meantime, here is an interesting article that I just found HERE

the ephemeris working tool of astrologers HERE

29. Link to Post #59
    Thanks

What do you think the 200 year cycle of Jupiter and Saturn means? I don't understand what you mean by the difference between astronomical vs astrological.

In my understanding the 200 year cycle is measured/interpreted by the fact they during that cycle Jupiter and Saturn have their conjunctions in signs of the same element.

That's why I look 800 years back for clues. Same element ruling the 200 conjunction cycle.

With Love
    Eelco

30. Link to Post #60
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

What do you think the 200 year cycle of Jupiter and Saturn means? I don't understand what you mean by the difference between astronomical vs astrological.
    The astronomical event of the proximity of Jupiter and Saturn in addition to its astrological conjunction, are two events, one which recurs every 20 years and the other an astronomical phenomenon which took place the last time, there is 800 years.

This 200-year cycle is the journeys of conjunctions in signs of the same elements with one exception.

200 years as an earth sign between 1802 and 2020 200 years as a sign of fire?
    200 years as a sign of water?

From 2021, we start the series as an air sign ... I started my research, it will take a few days before I publish my article ...

Enabled the English translation of the article I shared, look at the bottom left, in my previous comment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast