France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 times in 1,199 posts

Arrow Re: Give me your opinion on astrology, thank you

Quote Posted by Lunesoleil (here)
    Quote Posted by Catsquotl (here)
    The 800 years signifies the elemental cycle. For the next 200 years Jupiter and Saturn will have their conjunctions in air signs. 800 years ago was the previous 200 year cycle jupiter and saturn had their 200 year cycle in air signs.
    I will have to do a research of all these cycles of Jupiter and Saturn, especially since I was born at the time of this cycle of Jupiter and Saturn, it is my dominant. The basic generic cycle is 20 years. Many articles have cited the 800 year cycle which is an astronomical event, not an astrological event. Jupiter and Saturn were closest at the time of the Winter Solstice, this astronomical influence had occurred 800 years ago. When I have done this astrological research I will start a new discussion. In the meantime, here is an interesting article that I just found HERE

the ephemeris working tool of astrologers HERE

and here is the result after the research work.
    I will soon write an article on my blog
    Last edited by Lunesoleil; 19th January 2021 at 20:21. Reason: I corrected the error in the table

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Catsquotl (18th January 2021), Journeyman (18th January 2021)

3. Link to Post #62
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,639 times in 506 posts

Default Re: Give me your opinion on astrology, thank you

Below are 2 more articles i found very enlightning, if you are still investigating.
    I'm a sucker for the medieval and Hellenistic stuff

great-conjunction-tropical-aquarius-sidereal-capricorn

mean_conjunctions

With Love
    Eelco

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

Journeyman (18th January 2021)

5. Link to Post #63
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Catsquotl (here)
    mean_conjunctions

The progression of the Firey Trigons which commenced 8 Dec 1603 as illustrated by Johannes Kepler.

we find the same logic in the table that I shared

thank you for the blog, I subscribed
    Last edited by Lunesoleil; 19th January 2021 at 22:30.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Catsquotl (18th January 2021)

7. Link to Post #64
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,630 times in 675 posts

I've puttered around off and on with learning something about astrology since 1988, though I haven't done anything with it in about 6 or 7 years. I sort of understand some of it well enough to see that these three bits of my natal chart are interesting.

Venus: 19d19m4s Scorpio
    Ascendant: 16d15m20s Scorpio
    Neptune: 11d55m18s Scorpio

Pluto: 10d48m3s Virgo
    Uranus: 3d7m19s Virgo
    Midheaven: 28d26m14s leo

Saturn: r4d19m48s Aquarius
    South Node: r7d2m27s Aquarius

Really, I'm more interested in Richard Tarnas' type stuff, and it's only an occasional hobby.
    The only place a perfect right angle ever CAN be, is the mind.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gord For This Post:

Lunesoleil (12th February 2021)

9. Link to Post #65
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by gord (here)
    Really, I'm more interested in Richard Tarnas' type stuff, and it's only an occasional hobby.

thanks for the discovery Richard Tarnas is a historian and professor of philosophy at the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco. He was born on February 21, 1950 in Geneva.
    The Moon of the day, arrives on its Sun in Pisces, you are very intuitive by nature with the supervision of Venus and Neptune on your Scorpio Ascendant, a mystical and artistic side, ...

although he was born in Switzerland, I found no video in French translation ...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

gord (12th February 2021)

11. Link to Post #66
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Personally I prefer this opposition of fiery Mars and icy Saturn this way, Mars being in Virgo, and Saturn in Pisces, than if it were reversed, with Saturn in Virgo and Mars in Pisces.
    The clashes with authority, in my view, are overdue in most European countries, and certainly in all countries controlled by the WEF.

Not so easy, however, for those people whose natal charts are negatively aspected by this opposition.
    Hello Ulli
    I answer you here
    And what about the Parallel of declination between Venus, Mars and Saturn for the whole month of July?
    my article is in French but with a translator so I can read the English version?

https://lunesoleil23.wordpress.com/2...rs-et-saturne/

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Harmony (9th July 2023), ian33 (8th July 2023)

13. Link to Post #67
    Great Britain Avalon Member ian33's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,306 times in 467 posts

good to see this explained for all
    especially good to be on the same page regards labeling, with parallels, all astrologers

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ian33 For This Post:

Harmony (9th July 2023)

15. Link to Post #68
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,357 times in 338 posts

After studying astrology for 40 years, I have concluded that it's just a form of demonic magic, which is even worse than being just BS.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Antagenet For This Post:

ulli (8th July 2023)

17. Link to Post #69
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,171 times in 13,485 posts

Personally I prefer this opposition of fiery Mars and icy Saturn this way, Mars being in Virgo, and Saturn in Pisces, than if it were reversed, with Saturn in Virgo and Mars in Pisces.
    The clashes with authority, in my view, are overdue in most European countries, and certainly in all countries controlled by the WEF.

Not so easy, however, for those people whose natal charts are negatively aspected by this opposition.
    Hello Ulli
    I answer you here
    And what about the Parallel of declination between Venus, Mars and Saturn for the whole month of July?
    my article is in French but with a translator so I can read the English version?

https://lunesoleil23.wordpress.com/2...rs-et-saturne/
    Any interaction between Mars and Venus has to do with gender issues, in my view. With conjunctions they become blurred or confused, with squares and oppositions there are projections of the other gender being disharmonious to the self, and with trines and sextiles there is a healthy attitude towards people of the opposite gender.

I suppose parallel declinations (which I have not studied in decades) act like a conjunction? I’m not sure. Anyway, Saturn in the mixture might be about rewriting all the gender rules.

Like I said, I’m not sue, and frankly, I’m too old to care.

When someone asks me to have a look at their planets I might look at their transits, and if I have extra time I might also have a glance at their progressions.

I no longer practice astrology, like I did thirty or forty years ago, when I only had knowledge from books.

I just tell people to try to calm down and respond to the challenges of life in the best way they can.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Lunesoleil (8th July 2023)

19. Link to Post #70
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Antagenet (here)
    After studying astrology for 40 years, I have concluded that it's just a form of demonic magic, which is even worse than being just BS.
    Very true, there is no doubt that sorcerers amongst the deep state use it to get power over others. However, if everyone learnt the basics in order to study their own charts, with the motive of discovering their personal shadowy side, and gaining self knowledge, it can do a lot of good.

Also, knowledge of medical astrology helps with diagnosis of illnesses.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

gord (9th July 2023), Lunesoleil (8th July 2023)

21. Link to Post #71
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

It's not an astrologer who writes?, you can't call yourself an astrologer and have that kind of thinking and believe me, I've known all kinds of astrologers and rare, because I can't say that it doesn't exist had such a speech.

22. Link to Post #72
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Very true, there is no doubt that sorcerers amongst the deep state use it to get power over others. However, if everyone learnt the basics in order to study their own charts, with the motive of discovering their personal shadowy side, and gaining self knowledge, it can do a lot of good.

Also, knowledge of medical astrology helps with diagnosis of illnesses.
    Without a doubt, astrology is in the hands of politicians, so why at the time of the meeting of Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn 400 year cycle the control with the covid has taken world power over the population on the planet. The fear of losing control for the next 400 years???, that's the question we could ask ourselves.
    Thank you Ulli for this feedback

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

gord (9th July 2023), ulli (9th July 2023)

24. Link to Post #73
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,357 times in 338 posts

sorry, I did over 1000 charts, and found no truth in any of it, either for study of self or medical info.

25. Link to Post #74
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

sorry, I did over 1000 charts, and found no truth in any of it, either for study of self or medical info.
    Everything will depend on what you are looking for in your astrological practice.
    Ask professional astrologers what they think of astrology. There will always be two speeches, those who have looked for clues outside the changes or the means to earn a lot of money on lonely people?, as for the seers and those who have looked inside themselves and found a great tool.
    There are the curious, the mockers, who want to prove that astrology is a banality, a belief like many other things that are denounced on this avalon forum...
    Everything you believe is a form of belief, that's what astrology teaches you and if you don't even understand that, you don't know anything about astrology 👌

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

gord (9th July 2023), ulli (9th July 2023)

27. Link to Post #75
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,771 times in 4,375 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    [...]... why the moment of birth is considered more important than the moment of conception (or the moment of 'walk-in', if the spirit entered the body after birth, which can sometimes happen).
    [...]

... lately, I think that it's the "Electric Universe" that could explain how astrology could work in terms of an energetic point of view and a birth chart gives a snapshot of the energies interference pattern at that moment, much like a hologram is recorded and a piece of the hologram recreates the whole 3D picture. Excepted, in this case, it’s a snapshot of the whole universe; all energies included.

That snapshot is why the birth moment is the one that's retained because it imprints that interference pattern into the biological and energy body within an emotionally and physically traumatic incident... you know, the big transition from being warm, comfy and compressed down a tunnel; to cold and inundated with bright, blinding light and being slapped to trigger the catching of one's breath. People familiar with regressions - hypnotic or otherwise - could tell you that everything that happened at that moment has been recorded in that newborn body's unconscious down to the minute details including what was said as well as WHAT WAS THOUGHT by the perpetrators in the room and outside the room... kinda like an OBE in reverse. Of course, most regressionists never think outside the room/box to ask what were Saturn or Mercury doing/thinking at the time ... In any case, that's the unconscious' driving blueprint snapshot of the universe for its life time.

So, energetic interference patterns within an Electric Universe… well, nowadays it’s getting real tricky and makes me think of astrologers as being in the WW II resistance attempting to listen to their short wave receivers (ever tried to pinpoint a station on shortwave?) for news… while the axis is actively and heavily interfering with the broadcast frequencies to prevent the potential audience from receiving the message… never mind the weather throwing in electrostatics or the occasional sparkplugs statics from motor vehicles passing by…

…. Because, nowadays, according to my speculations, a birth chart should include the positions of the 4 and 5G towers… communication satellites, the UAPs zipping by manipulating the cosmic frequency fluxes to get us to bash each other on the head, etc… one current analogy would be the Rockefellers’ modification of the music baseline resonant harmonic from 432Hz to 440 Hz.

Any need to mention the consideration that the current Moon is kinda artificial? How does that fit in the astrology of old? Me think the books need to be re-written from scratch…
    Last edited by Gwin Ru; 9th July 2023 at 15:37.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

gord (9th July 2023), Lunesoleil (9th July 2023), ulli (9th July 2023)

29. Link to Post #76
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gwin Ru (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    [...]... why the moment of birth is considered more important than the moment of conception (or the moment of 'walk-in', if the spirit entered the body after birth, which can sometimes happen).
    [...]

... lately, I think that it's the "Electric Universe" that could explain how astrology could work in terms of an energetic point of view and a birth chart gives a snapshot of the interference pattern at that moment.

That snapshot is why the birth moment is the one that's retained because it imprints that interference pattern into the biological and energy body within an emotionally and physically traumatic incident... you know, the big transition from being warm, comfy and compressed down a tunnel; to cold and inundated with bright, blinding light and being slapped to trigger the catching of one's breath. People familiar with regressions - hypnotic or otherwise - could tell you that everything that happened at that moment has been recorded in that newborn body's unconscious down to the minute details including what was said as well as WHAT WAS THOUGHT by the perpetrators in the room and outside the room... kinda like an OBE in reverse. Of course, most regressionists never think outside the room/box to ask what were Saturn or Mercury doing/thinking at the time ... In any case, that's the unconscious' driving blueprint snapshot of the univers for its life time.

So, energetic interference patterns within an Electric Universe… well, nowadays it’s getting real tricky and makes me think of astrologers as being in the WW II resistance attempting to listen to their short wave receivers (ever tried to pinpoint a station on shortwave?) for news… while the axis is actively and heavily interfering with the broadcast frequencies to prevent the potential audience from receiving the message… never mind the weather throwing in electrostatics or the occasional sparkplugs statics from motor vehicles passing by…

…. Because, nowadays, according to my speculations, a birth chart should include the positions of the 4 and 5G towers… communication satellites, the UAPs zipping by manipulating the cosmic frequency fluxes to get us to bash each other on the head, etc… one current analogy would be the Rockefellers’ modification of the music baseline resonant harmonic from 432Hz to 440 Hz.

Any need to mention the consideration that the current Moon is kinda artificial? How does that fit in the astrology of old? Me think the books need to be re-written from scratch…

The birth moment can also be seen as a huge and pleasant surprise.
    Hospitals use heart monitors during the birth process to measure the baby’s stress levels.
    Because the contractions cause stress, also the womb has become too confined, making life inside the womb more uncomfortable each week that passes.

So just before being born there is an experience like dying, and then, when arriving in the next world, the stress of the transition is over. Freedom of movement is restored.
    Anyway, whether shock or surprise, (shock being a negative, and surprise being a positive experience) both are consciousness raisers, and high consciousness connects the person to the entire cosmos, and so the energies of that moment imprint themselves in the subconscious mind, and possibly also in every cell of the body.

So later on, when planets pass or make angles to those positions of the birth hour, events in one’s life are affected by the same energies, and whether favorable or unfavorable depends on the nature of the geometry involved. I call those moments “star gates” .
    Last edited by ulli; 9th July 2023 at 16:09.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

gord (9th July 2023), Gwin Ru (9th July 2023), Jambo (21st October 2023), Lunesoleil (9th July 2023), thepainterdoug (9th July 2023)

31. Link to Post #77
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gwin Ru (here)
    We can think that the Moon is the point A which allows to go to the point B?
    About rewriting the astrology books, evolution itself is going that way. Because between what was written 100 years ago and what is written today, it is not at all the same state of mind.
    I have two original early 20th century Alan Leo booklets, the discourse of astrologers today is much less esoteric and much more psychological.
    And when we know the intellectual level of astrologers with a background in higher education, astrology has a great future with these new astrologers whose hero is Harry Potter...

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

gord (9th July 2023), Gwin Ru (10th July 2023)

33. Link to Post #78
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,284 times in 8,326 posts

I notice that there are hardly any astrologers on the Avalon forum, or are they all gone?
    I have many years of experience, a touch of everything, an astrology handyman, who pushes the doors, to discover, learn and meditate on new paths to explore.
    I am at the same time a contemplative, a researcher, a critic of the practice of astrology, because the worst of everything in astrology is I think to prevent myself from doing something because of a terrible transit of owl thing .
    Go beyond our limits and at the same time we have to deal with our achievements. Because we cannot become what we are not inside ourselves, through our education, our school background, our experience in the field of life. We learn above all from our mistakes, which make us grow in awareness and sometimes in maturity. Because we are not all equal in the face of the Eternal, we are the extension of our parents, of our roots, of our culture in the country where we were born.

What I wrote on the astrology forum :
    It is an invitation to share your feelings in astrology and the place that astrology has in your life, whether near or far. I would like to know the place you give to this ancient art which is both appreciated by these defenders and hated by these detractors.
    Within the tolerance of divided opinions, thank you for your participation.

Tell me everything, I want to know everything even in the darkest recesses of your minds or the brightest parts
    Many thanks to everyone and may the light shine on all the truths of each of the members of Avalon.
    You did ask. I'll keep it short.

I regard Astrology in much the same way I regard Numerology. They are man-made phenomena. As such they have acquired considerable 'power' over the time people have woven in their magic.

Personally, I want nothing to do with man-made magic.

If the question was specifically about numerology I might repeat my rant about number bases etc but I don't see a hill I want to die on, regarding either of them.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

34. The Following User Says Thank You to norman For This Post:

Antagenet (10th July 2023)

35. Link to Post #79
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    You asked. I will be brief.

I view astrology the same way I view numerology. These are man-made phenomena. As such, they have gained considerable "power" over time as people have woven into their magic.

Personally, I want nothing to do with artificial magic.

If the question was specifically about numerology, I could repeat my rant about the basics of numbers etc., but I can't see a hill I want to die on, as far as either goes.
    We agree but consider astrology as numerology
    is that perhaps you have not gone far enough in the practice of astrology?, much criticism without really having practiced it?? I'm talking about my experience and if I hadn't evolved I think I could accept your criticism, but it's that I can have the same judgment, for the reason I don't have the same positioning. I know the detractors too well, even if I can understand them, it's too easy to criticize without knowing.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

gord (15th July 2023)

37. Link to Post #80
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,630 times in 675 posts

I'll just say that anyone who knows me personally, and who is significantly familiar with astrology, would agree that I've been through a pretty nasty Saturn return (#2) not so long ago, which would have been exact at 4°49'47" ♒ in late January 2021.
    The only place a perfect right angle ever CAN be, is the mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast