Thread: BREAKING NEWS ~ Continuously Updated

1. Link to Post #661
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 times in 571 posts

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS ~ Continuously Updated

Quote Posted by mizo (here)

At least 5 dead, 40+ hurt after SUV crashes through police barrier, speeds into Christmas parade in Wisconsin
    Reports of a rapper was the car driver?

seems the links I embedded from the twitter account that tweeted the news about the Wisconsin incident has been suspended hence the empty post -apologies

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mizo For This Post:

Bluegreen (22nd November 2021), Brodie75 (22nd November 2021), Dennis Leahy (22nd November 2021), Gwin Ru (22nd November 2021), iota (22nd November 2021), Mercedes (22nd November 2021), Pam (22nd November 2021), pueblo (22nd November 2021)

3. Link to Post #662
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,678 times in 3,332 posts

At least 5 dead, 40+ hurt after SUV crashes through police barrier, speeds into Christmas parade in Wisconsin
    Reports of a rapper was the car driver?

seems the links I embedded from the twitter account that tweeted the news about the Wisconsin incident has been suspended hence the empty post -apologies
    Five people died and more than 40 people were injured when an SUV sped through a barricade and into a Christmas parade in suburban Milwaukee.

Waukesha authorities confirmed the deaths in a statement late Sunday. Police said the numbers could change as many people transported themselves to hospitals.

No names or ages of the dead were immediately released.

A person of interest was in custody but no details have been given on a possible motive.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. AP’s earlier story follows below.

WAUKESHA, Wis. (AP) — A joyous scene of marching bands and children dancing in Santa hats and waving pompoms turned deadly in an instant, as an SUV sped through a barricade and into a Christmas parade in suburban Milwaukee while spectators watched in horror.

One video showed a woman screaming, “Oh my God!” repeatedly as a group of young dancers was struck Sunday. A father talked of going “from one crumpled body to the other” in search of his daughter. Members of a “Dancing Grannies” club were among those hit.

Police said “some” people died in the incident in downtown Waukesha shortly before 5 p.m., but wouldn’t say how many, citing the need to notify next of kin. At least 23 people with injuries were taken to hospitals.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...sin/ar-AAQYfr7

I read a couple of other MSM articles and the fact that they don't want to name the suspect, but do want us to know that it was not related to terrorism or a retaliation for Kenosha I think we can conclude that the suspect is not going to be a young white male because the narrative would be far different if is was.

There was insinuation that the unnamed suspect has a lengthy record and this may have been related to a earlier knifing. Maybe being chased by cops? Maybe careless driving or drunk driving? That sounds pretty suspicious to me. Anything is possible, I guess.
    Last edited by Pam; 22nd November 2021 at 13:22.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Bluegreen (22nd November 2021), Brodie75 (22nd November 2021), Dennis Leahy (22nd November 2021), Gwin Ru (22nd November 2021), iota (22nd November 2021), jaybee (22nd November 2021), justntime2learn (22nd November 2021), lake (22nd November 2021), Mashika (22nd November 2021), Mercedes (22nd November 2021), Merkaba360 (27th November 2021), mizo (22nd November 2021), selinam (22nd November 2021), wondering (22nd November 2021)

5. Link to Post #663
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,539 times in 813 posts

I have no words ....

Normal..!

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Post:

Brodie75 (22nd November 2021), ClearWater (22nd November 2021), fifi (26th November 2021), Gwin Ru (22nd November 2021), I am B (22nd November 2021), iota (22nd November 2021), justntime2learn (22nd November 2021), Mashika (22nd November 2021), Mercedes (22nd November 2021), Pam (22nd November 2021)

7. Link to Post #664
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by lake (here)
    I have no words ....

Nazi it coming!
    Last edited by Mashika; 22nd November 2021 at 14:28.
    Tired

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Brodie75 (22nd November 2021), fifi (26th November 2021), greybeard (22nd November 2021), Gwin Ru (22nd November 2021), iota (22nd November 2021), lake (22nd November 2021), Mercedes (22nd November 2021), Pam (22nd November 2021), wondering (22nd November 2021)

9. Link to Post #665
    Thanks

I have no words ....

I think there was a suspicion that dear Helen Carter is a troll. The interesting thing is that even if she/he is a troll there is no one censoring the comment, no fact checkers, Twitter seems quite accepting of it. Helen is just allowed to troll the heck out of it... or if this is real, some people are sicker than I can imagine.

The sad thing is that there was a real woman with almost the same handle -scrapbookinginga only she capitalized a couple different letters. She was just a lady that liked scrapbooking. She recently died...I bet she would be rolling over in her grave if she knew someone was sort of impersonating her, poor dear.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Brigantia (22nd November 2021), Eva2 (22nd November 2021), fifi (26th November 2021), Gwin Ru (22nd November 2021), I am B (22nd November 2021), iota (22nd November 2021), justntime2learn (22nd November 2021), lake (22nd November 2021), Mercedes (22nd November 2021), selinam (22nd November 2021)

11. Link to Post #666
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,011 times in 2,209 posts

Quote Posted by Pam (here)
    I read a couple of other MSM articles and the fact that they don't want to name the suspect, but do want us to know that it was not related to terrorism or a retaliation for Kenosha I think we can conclude that the suspect is not going to be a young white male because the narrative would be far different if is was.

There was insinuation that the unnamed suspect has a lengthy record and this may have been related to a earlier knifing. Maybe being chased by cops? Maybe careless driving or drunk driving? That sounds pretty suspicious to me. Anything is possible, I guess.

I saw this short video about it earlier today - and in the comments the person IS named (allegedly)- and a link to a YouTube channel - it's early days so I won't repeat any of the comments here...... but.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6qqnhxgTLk

After all the backlash from the Rittenhouse Not Guilty verdict I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was connected and now behind the scenes those who condemned Kyle Rittenhouse and pushed the narrative to the extreme to inflame the situation are working out how to spin it and bury it and misdirect attention - they might even 'suicide' the man and brush it all under the carpet as quickly as possible...they will not want him put on trial...

speculation of course ..... but.....

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Eva2 (22nd November 2021), iota (22nd November 2021), lake (22nd November 2021), Pam (22nd November 2021)

13. Link to Post #667
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,539 times in 813 posts

From the video I saw of it .... towards the end there are 'scanner' chats and tweets which state 3 people in the car and that 1 is currently detained, 2 still at large.
    I won't embed the video (if a mod thinks it correct to do so, that's fine)

Video's of the event stops at 3:25 and then some possible information regarding it and those who did it.

MULTIPLE CLIPS OF THE WAUKESHA WISCONSIN TERRORIST ATTACK VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED

https://www.bitchute.com/video/YSpoBaNAK5HU/
    Normal..!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Post:

Franny (23rd November 2021), iota (22nd November 2021), Pam (22nd November 2021)

15. Link to Post #668
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,384 times in 10,153 posts

Suspect in custody: Darrell Brooks Jr

Suspect Identified: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 11/22/21
    https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...jr/8717524002/

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Franny (23rd November 2021), iota (22nd November 2021), justntime2learn (22nd November 2021), mizo (22nd November 2021), Pam (22nd November 2021)

17. Link to Post #669
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,881 times in 2,121 posts

Massacre subject was out on 'inappropriately low' bail - Prosecutor

3 minutes 55 seconds:

Last edited by justntime2learn; 23rd November 2021 at 01:24.
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Bluegreen (22nd November 2021), iota (22nd November 2021), Pam (22nd November 2021)

19. Link to Post #670
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,010 times in 339 posts

I have no words ....

Helen could be a troll or not, but I firmly believe there is plenty people like that. More than we can imagine. Otherwise this wouldn't go on, and that is why its important to be as unforgiving with them as they "are" with us.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to I am B For This Post:

Brigantia (23rd November 2021), Eva2 (22nd November 2021), Franny (23rd November 2021), iota (22nd November 2021), Pam (22nd November 2021), selinam (22nd November 2021)

21. Link to Post #671
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,784 times in 2,557 posts

https://stessnews.online/2021/11/17/...MlhQzaa93nTxtI
    'Germany | Dr Thomas Jendges Head of Clinic, Commits Suicide “COVID-19 Vaccine Is a Genocide”
    In Germany, the Head of the Chemnitz Clinic, Dr Thomas Jendges, committed suicide saying he no longer wants to be part of the Genocide happening vis the COVID-19 Vaccine. #genocide #pandemic #covid19 #covidvaccine'
    The Chief of a Clinic in Chemnitz, Germany committed suicide. In a letter found on the scene, he explains that he can no longer be part of the Genocide.

On Tuesday, Dr Thomas Jendges, Head of the Chemnitz Clinic, committed suicide by jumping from the top of the clinic’s building in Flemmingstrasse, Germany, according to Bild . He was 55 years old.

The Docteur died on the spot from his injuries. Jendges had only been appointed sole managing Director of the Chemnitz Clinic since October 1st 2021. Since April, he was acting as Managing Director of East Germany’s largest municipal hospital.

Sven Schulze explained on Tuesday afternoon, on the city’s website that, the Chemnitz Clinic, despite the tragic death of Dr. Thomas Jendges is still able to act. Schulze: “The expanded management team will be in charge of business in the coming days.”

“It is with great dismay that I have just learned of the tragic death of Dr. Thomas Jendges’ experience. Last night (Monday, ed) we talked at length about the difficult situation of the crown “, said the mayor of Chemnitz Sven Schulze (50, SPD) on Tuesday morning.

Reports of a letter that the deceased alledgly left behind are circulating. Jendges alledgly killed himself to set an example against the corona vaccinations. These are “bio-warfare agents”, so it says in the postings. He is also said to have described the vaccine in his letter as genocide and a crime against humanity”, according to Tag24.

According to Las repúblicas, In the lengthy farewell letter Dr. Thomas Jendges wrote before his suicide and demanded its publication, he is said to have harshly criticized the information policy of governments in dealing with the dangerousness of Covid vaccines. The constant lies and deceit to the patient and the vaccinated that the vaccines are supposedly harmless, he could no longer bear them, it is said in the letter.

He condemns vaccinating the population with experimental and lethal vaccines against Covid-19, which is in fact more of a biological warfare agent created and manipulated for that use, than for any other known utility. For Dr. Thomas Jendges a genocide and a crime against humanity is taking place, they report that he says the letter, according to the German press such as the Bild newspaper.

Because the mayor threatened to fire him if he no longer stayed in the submissive line imposed by government order and refused to vaccinate patients at the clinic, there were presumably no more options for Jendges. This director has not wanted to support a crime of the federal government, the state government and his faithful henchmen. So she considered that his suicide was the only way to oppose him.

These are some details of the farewell letter that are currently in circulation. Although Dr. Jendges has ordered that his entire suicide letter be published, according to the current state of knowledge of the mayor of Chemnitz, Sven Schulze of the SPD, who continues to prevent this publication. Numerous groups have formed in various forums demanding that Schulze abandon his blocking attitude and finally respect Jendges’ last wish.

Jendges leaves behind a wife and a son.

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Eva2 For This Post:

Brigantia (23rd November 2021), Dennis Leahy (24th November 2021), Ewan (23rd November 2021), fifi (26th November 2021), Franny (23rd November 2021), iota (5th December 2021), kfm27917 (28th November 2021), Michel Leclerc (23rd November 2021), mizo (22nd November 2021), Pam (22nd November 2021), Reinhard (22nd November 2021), wondering (22nd November 2021)

23. Link to Post #672
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jill (here)
    https://stessnews.online/2021/11/17/...MlhQzaa93nTxtI
    'Germany | Dr Thomas Jendges Head of Clinic, Commits Suicide “COVID-19 Vaccine Is a Genocide”
    In Germany, the Head of the Chemnitz Clinic, Dr Thomas Jendges, committed suicide saying he no longer wants to be part of the Genocide happening vis the COVID-19 Vaccine. #genocide #pandemic #covid19 #covidvaccine'
    The Chief of a Clinic in Chemnitz, Germany committed suicide. In a letter found on the scene, he explains that he can no longer be part of the Genocide.

On Tuesday, Dr Thomas Jendges, Head of the Chemnitz Clinic, committed suicide by jumping from the top of the clinic’s building in Flemmingstrasse, Germany, according to Bild . He was 55 years old.

The Docteur died on the spot from his injuries. Jendges had only been appointed sole managing Director of the Chemnitz Clinic since October 1st 2021. Since April, he was acting as Managing Director of East Germany’s largest municipal hospital.

Sven Schulze explained on Tuesday afternoon, on the city’s website that, the Chemnitz Clinic, despite the tragic death of Dr. Thomas Jendges is still able to act. Schulze: “The expanded management team will be in charge of business in the coming days.”

“It is with great dismay that I have just learned of the tragic death of Dr. Thomas Jendges’ experience. Last night (Monday, ed) we talked at length about the difficult situation of the crown “, said the mayor of Chemnitz Sven Schulze (50, SPD) on Tuesday morning.

Reports of a letter that the deceased alledgly left behind are circulating. Jendges alledgly killed himself to set an example against the corona vaccinations. These are “bio-warfare agents”, so it says in the postings. He is also said to have described the vaccine in his letter as genocide and a crime against humanity”, according to Tag24.

According to Las repúblicas, In the lengthy farewell letter Dr. Thomas Jendges wrote before his suicide and demanded its publication, he is said to have harshly criticized the information policy of governments in dealing with the dangerousness of Covid vaccines. The constant lies and deceit to the patient and the vaccinated that the vaccines are supposedly harmless, he could no longer bear them, it is said in the letter.

He condemns vaccinating the population with experimental and lethal vaccines against Covid-19, which is in fact more of a biological warfare agent created and manipulated for that use, than for any other known utility. For Dr. Thomas Jendges a genocide and a crime against humanity is taking place, they report that he says the letter, according to the German press such as the Bild newspaper.

Because the mayor threatened to fire him if he no longer stayed in the submissive line imposed by government order and refused to vaccinate patients at the clinic, there were presumably no more options for Jendges. This director has not wanted to support a crime of the federal government, the state government and his faithful henchmen. So she considered that his suicide was the only way to oppose him.

These are some details of the farewell letter that are currently in circulation. Although Dr. Jendges has ordered that his entire suicide letter be published, according to the current state of knowledge of the mayor of Chemnitz, Sven Schulze of the SPD, who continues to prevent this publication. Numerous groups have formed in various forums demanding that Schulze abandon his blocking attitude and finally respect Jendges’ last wish.

Jendges leaves behind a wife and a son.
    I absolutely understand this man's despair. I wish he would have become a whistle blower instead but I understand. He'll probably be portrayed as being mentally ill or they will say the letter was a fraud and he never wrote it. There will be some kind of lie to invalidate him. I am so sorry for his family.

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Brigantia (23rd November 2021), Dennis Leahy (24th November 2021), East Sun (22nd November 2021), Eva2 (22nd November 2021), Ewan (23rd November 2021), fifi (26th November 2021), Franny (23rd November 2021), Hym (24th November 2021), Icare (1st December 2021), iota (5th December 2021), justntime2learn (22nd November 2021), Michel Leclerc (23rd November 2021), wondering (22nd November 2021)

25. Link to Post #673
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bluegreen (here)

They do want to let you know that this didn't result from a police chase, but it was not an act of "domestic terrorism". So driving your car through a parade and killing 5 people and injuring 40 or maybe more is not domestic terrorism, but questioning the election or being a concerned parent at a PTA meeting is. No insanity here....that is just beyond ridiculous. The fact that this guy is out of jail when you read is rap sheet is nothing short of insane.

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (23rd November 2021), Dennis Leahy (24th November 2021), Eva2 (23rd November 2021), Ewan (23rd November 2021), fifi (26th November 2021), Franny (23rd November 2021), Hym (24th November 2021), Icare (1st December 2021), iota (5th December 2021), Vangelo (23rd November 2021), wondering (22nd November 2021)

27. Link to Post #674
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,125 times in 8,306 posts

JUST IN - Biden Orders Release of U.S. Oil Reserves - But much of Biden's Oil Release will likely end up in China and India, traders said. - Bloomberg
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Brigantia (23rd November 2021), Dennis Leahy (24th November 2021), fifi (26th November 2021), Hym (24th November 2021), Icare (1st December 2021), iota (5th December 2021), Pam (27th November 2021), rgray222 (24th November 2021), Vangelo (24th November 2021), wondering (24th November 2021)

29. Link to Post #675
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

has anyone else heard of this ... big news over there right now

Egypt’s ‘Avenue of Sphinxes’ to be Unveiled in ‘Spectacular’ Ceremony

Egyptian Streets reports:

"After on-going restoration efforts, the Avenue of Sphinxes (El Kebbash Road) is to be unveiled Thursday 25 November. The Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities has sent open invitations to a number of foreign ambassadors and public figures, reports Al Ahram.

Located in Upper Egypt, the Avenue of Sphinxes is a 3,000-year-old walkway. As an extension of the Karnak Temple complex, it connects to the Luxor temple three kilometers down the Nile’s Eastern shore. The avenue is 2,700 meters long and about seven meters wide, flanked by hundreds of ram-headed and traditional sphinxes.

Egypt has scheduled a televised “spectacular grand reopening ceremony” in celebration of the avenue’s revival. A period performance will set off from the Luxor temple and end at Karnak, in a parade expected to “surpass the grandeur” of the April 2021 Royal Mummies procession through Cairo.

This restoration project is one of several undertaken by Egyptian authorities in a bid to revitalize Egypt’s touristic appeal post-COVID-19, and is considered “a great cultural achievement for Egypt and an exquisite addition to the study of ancient Egyptian civilization.

According to Mustafa al-Saghier, director of the Karnak Temple complex and general supervisor of the Avenue of Sphinxes’ revival project, the excavation “has unearthed other objects, […] including a wall dating back to the Roman period.”

Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi has described Luxor as a reflection of the glory of ancient Egyptian civilization, and intends to use this ceremony as a means to “promote the country’s soft power internationally.”

full article here:
    https://egyptianstreets.com/2021/11/...ning-ceremony/

it is the video in this tweet that drew my attention .. pageantry at this level and in this particular area covered in symbolisms has historically meant a whole lot more than a cursory review might initially indicate. the timing ... in the lull before the storm we all feel is coming is suspect as well .

hmmm...
    Last edited by iota; 26th November 2021 at 23:38.
    We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

30. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Brigantia (1st December 2021), fifi (26th November 2021), greybeard (27th November 2021), Icare (1st December 2021), justntime2learn (27th November 2021), kfm27917 (28th November 2021), Mashika (27th November 2021), pabranno (27th November 2021), Pam (27th November 2021), Sadieblue (27th November 2021), Snoweagle (27th November 2021), Sue (Ayt) (27th November 2021), thepainterdoug (27th November 2021), wondering (27th November 2021)

31. Link to Post #676
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,519 times in 20,692 posts

CNN suspends Chris Cuomo indefinitely
    118,736 views Nov 30, 2021
    Fox News
    8.53M subscribers

‘MediaBuzz’ host Howard Kurtz reports on the network’s decision to suspend Chris Cuomo 'indefinitely, pending further evaluation'.

Each breath a gift...

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Icare (1st December 2021), iota (4th December 2021), Pam (11th December 2021), Sadieblue (1st December 2021)

33. Link to Post #677
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,087 times in 2,422 posts

“Anchor”...? Geeez. The “news man” is now the man in the “news”. He can’t be liking the scrutiny he is under, nor the likely outcomes for him.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

iota (4th December 2021), onawah (1st December 2021), Pam (11th December 2021), Sadieblue (1st December 2021)

35. Link to Post #678
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Brooks is in fact in jail on charges of homicide. Brooks was let out on bail after a previous crime, not the most recent.
    The article follows from: [url]https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/crime/2021/11/22/suspect-waukesha-parade-incident-identified-darrell-brooks-jr/8717524002/[/url

"Police Chief Daniel Thompson became emotional Monday at a news conference as he read the names of the victims: Virginia Sorenson, 79; LeAnna Owen, 71; Tamara Durand, 52; Jane Kulich, 52; and Wilhelm Hospel, 81.

“Right now our focus, the Waukesha Police Department’s focus, the city of Waukesha’s focus, is the families, the victims and due process,” Thompson said. Investigators learned Brooks was involved in a "domestic disturbance" before he drove into the parade route, the chief said. There was a report of a knife being involved, but police were unable to confirm that as of Monday afternoon, he added.

Thompson said a police chase did not lead to the driver's actions but Thompson said he would not be providing more details about the suspect's motivations at this point. The chief said there was no sign the event was an act of domestic terrorism. Waukesha prosecutors expect to file formal charges Tuesday.The bail also was not consistent with the office's approach to cases "involving violent crime, nor was it consistent with the risk assessment of the defendant prior to setting of bail," the statement read.

"This office is currently conducting an internal review of the decision to make the recent bail recommendation in this matter in order to determine the appropriate next steps."

Wisconsin requires payment for the full amount of bail set in any criminal case.

An attorney representing Brooks in his current Milwaukee County case declined to answer questions about the most recent charge there. The attorney, Joseph Domask, told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel he is not representing him in the Waukesha incident. The Journal Sentinel tried to reach Court Commissioner Cedric Cornwall, who set the bail, and did not hear back. Milwaukee County Chief Judge Mary Triggiano, who oversees the court system, said the judicial code of conduct restricted her from commenting on pending cases.

Brooks posted the $1,000 bail on Nov. 11 and was released from Milwaukee County Jail on Nov. 16 and into the custody of Waukesha County Sheriff's Department, where he had a hold in a paternity case, according to the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office.Brooks was booked in Waukesha County, appeared before a court commissioner and then was released from custody that same day, the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department confirmed Monday.A history of contacts with law enforcement, courts
    The suspect has a history of criminal allegations involving violence, court records show.

He has been charged with crimes 10 times since 1999, when Brooks pleaded guilty at 17 years old to a felony charge of inflicting substantial bodily harm against another person, according to court records. He also has been cited for traffic and disorderly conduct offenses.

A decade ago, during a traffic stop, a Milwaukee police officer jumped inside Brooks’ car, fearing he was about to be run over. The officer had pulled him over for not wearing a seat belt. As Brooks began to drive away while the officer was talking to him, the officer got inside the car and wrestled for control of the steering wheel.Eventually, the officer was able to stop the car and removed the keys. Brooks ran away from the car, court records say, and he was arrested hiding in a children's playhouse in the same block. He later pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge in that case.

More recently, Brooks was charged in July 2020 with two felony counts of second-degree recklessly endangering safety and possession of a firearm by a felon. He was accused of getting into a fight with a relative and then firing a gun at the relative and a friend, according to court records.
    His bail was set at $10,000 and then reduced to $7,500. Prosecutors were prepared to go forward with his jury trial on Feb. 9, according to the district attorney's office's statement. Brooks was still in custody at that time and had made a speedy trial demand, but because another jury trial was in progress in the same court, the case was postponed."
    After hearing arguments from Brooks' attorney, bail was dropped to $500 by Milwaukee County Judge David Feiss, online records show. Brooks posted that bail Feb. 21. A plea and sentencing hearing was scheduled in that case for Nov. 11. At that hearing, Brooks' attorney requested another adjournment and the prosecutor did not object. Feiss scheduled a status hearing in December.

By that Nov. 11 hearing, Brooks already was in custody for the domestic-related incident.

According to court records, on Nov. 2, Brooks knocked on the door of a woman staying at a Milwaukee hotel, yelling profanities. She opened the door and tried to walk past him, but he snatched her phone and drove off, records say.

The woman was later walking toward a gas station when Brooks pulled up alongside her and demanded she get in the car, the criminal complaint said.

When she refused, he punched her in the face and then as she walked away through the gas station parking lot until Brooks ran her over his vehicle, a 2010 maroon Ford Escape, the complaint says. The vehicle is similar to the description of the SUV involved in the parade tragedy.Brooks was charged Nov. 5 with felony second-degree recklessly endangering safety, felony bail jumping and three misdemeanors, including disorderly conduct and battery, with domestic abuse assessments.

Reporters who approached a Milwaukee address associated with Brooks were stopped by police who said the resident did not want to speak to reporters.

Three neighbors said they frequently saw Brooks but seldom said anything beyond a quick hello. One neighbor told reporters her home security system captured several police officers at his home and examining his car several weeks ago. Officers were again seen at the house Sunday night, the neighbor said.

A woman who had a child with Brooks told a Journal Sentinel reporter he was not involved in her or her children's life.

"I have no idea what makes him tick, why he would do something so stupid and tragic and why he would hurt those babies and those kids,” she said.

Brooks also had an outstanding warrant in Nevada, the USA TODAY Network confirmed late Monday. In 2016, police in the city of Sparks arrested him, saying he failed to obey sex offender laws. He posted bail but later failed to appear in court, records show.

'Senseless violence': Vigils, funds organized to help victims
    Dozens of witness videos showed a red SUV hurtling through the parade and appeared to show the vehicle hitting members of the Waukesha South High School Blackshirt Band, the Milwaukee Dancing Grannies and a children's dance group.

An officer shot at the SUV in an attempt to stop it. No bystanders were injured by the gunfire, and authorities said they don't believe any shots were fired from the SUV. Three of those who died — Sorenson, Owen, Durand — were members of the Milwaukee Dancing Grannies and a fourth, Hospel, was helping the dance troupe. Sorenson, known as Ginny, was described as the group's beating heart.

"What did she like about it? Everything," said her husband of 56 years, David Sorenson. "She liked the instructing. She liked the dancing and the camaraderie of the women. She liked to perform."

What we know and don't know, about the car that plowed through a crowd at the Waukesha Christmas Parade

Kulich, the fifth fatal victim in the attack, had worked at Citizens Bank as a teller since November of 2020 and was remembered as a "loving, beautiful and charismatic mother, grandmother and friend to so many."

The Waukesha Xtreme Dance had injured members, including an 11-year-old girl named Jessalyn. Her uncle, Ryan Kohnke, told the Journal Sentinel she had danced with the group since preschool.

Kohnke was at the parade and scrambled to find family in the aftermath, spotting his niece on the ground.

"It’s just senseless violence,” Kohnke said. “The horrific scene that followed and the trauma that it’s going to have on this community, it’s unfortunate.”

As of Monday morning, six patients were in critical condition at Children’s Wisconsin, hospital, officials said. Three additional patients were in “serious” condition, while others were in fair condition and two had been released.

The hospital treated 18 children, from ages 3 to 16, who were injured in the Waukesha Christmas Parade incident. The patients included three sets of siblings, hospital officials said.

“As an emergency doctor, we’re trained for these types of incidents but you never want to experience them,” said Dr. Amy Drendel, medical director at Children’s Wisconsin Emergency Department and Trauma Center. “Our region has experienced mass casualty events in the past but none in recent history involving such a large number of children.
    Gov. Tony Evers visited the hospital on Monday and met with local officials in the wake of the attack, according to his spokeswoman.

Earlier, authorities said 11 adults and 12 children were ferried to local hospitals. Others were taken by friends and family. Children's Wisconsin hospital said it had 15 patients and no fatalities. Aurora Medical Center-Summit, a hospital in Waukesha County, confirmed they were treating 13 patients early Monday morning.

The United for Waukesha Community Fund has been created for those affected by the tragedy. People can make donations through the Waukesha Community Foundation at waukeshafoundation.org/parade.

Waukesha schools canceled classes for Monday and Tuesday, and several vigils took place Monday.

Children’s Wisconsin is operating an emotional and mental health support line at 414-266-6500.

Correction: An earlier post contained inaccurate information about when the suspect had been released from custody in Milwaukee County Jail and how many crimes he had been charged with since 1999, citing online court records. This article has been updated with the correct number of charges and information from the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office, which operates the jail.

Rory Linnane, Talis Shelbourne, Sophie Carson, Evan Casey, Cathy Kozlowicz, Mary Spicuzza, Bruce Vielmetti, Patrick Marley, Cary Spivak, John Diedrich and Bill Glauber of the Journal Sentinel staff contributed to this report."

Quote Posted by Pam (here)
    Quote Posted by Bluegreen (here)
    They do want to let you know that this didn't result from a police chase, but it was not an act of "domestic terrorism". So driving your car through a parade and killing 5 people and injuring 40 or maybe more is not domestic terrorism, but questioning the election or being a concerned parent at a PTA meeting is. No insanity here....that is just beyond ridiculous. The fact that this guy is out of jail when you read is rap sheet is nothing short of insane.
    Each breath a gift...

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

greybeard (1st December 2021), Icare (1st December 2021), iota (4th December 2021), Pam (11th December 2021), Vangelo (2nd December 2021), wondering (1st December 2021)

37. Link to Post #679
    Language
    English
    Thanks

BOMBSHELL: Greg Kelly reads the new book which all but "confirms" Hunter, laptop reports
    20,413 views Nov 30, 2021
    Newsmax TV
    1.99M subscribers

"Greg Kelly reviews President Biden's number one defense mechanism deployed when called out about son Hunter and the "laptop from hell".

(Warning: slimy review of a very slimy subject...)
    Last edited by onawah; 1st December 2021 at 07:03.
    Each breath a gift...

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

iota (4th December 2021), Pam (11th December 2021), Vangelo (2nd December 2021)

39. Link to Post #680
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

I truly don't know what to do with this, or if this even goes here, i'm kind of stuck on a mind loop here trying to figure out how this person is on a government position, is competent or even able to eat for himself.

He said "We won't see an incursion by the Soviet Union into Ukraine"

Did he even go to school? Is this how smart US military officials are now? Does he even know that Ukraine was part of the Soviet Union, along with other current US allies? Does he even understand the concept of what the Soviet Union was?

I'm starting to feel sorry for him now, he standing there all serious while looking most unaware and uneducated. Does he even know the Soviet Union disbanded 30 years ago? Does he lives in the past?

If this is the current military leadership in the US, i have terrible news for you guys :/

The comments on the video are hilarious..

With this kind of very low level of knowledge and preparation, and with that attitude of being hostile, i wonder if they will end up looking on google trying to find where "Leningrad" went, not understanding that it's named different now

With that grade school from the 1980's knowledge of geo politics and all that goes with it, i wonder if the US should fire an alarm as soon as possible for the St. Petersburg, Florida city, just in case this guy gets more confused and assumes that "Leningrad" is now located in Florida

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Petersburg,_Florida

Last edited by Mashika; 5th December 2021 at 00:24.
    Tired

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

iota (5th December 2021), onevoice (5th December 2021), Pam (11th December 2021), Patient (5th December 2021), thepainterdoug (5th December 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 88 FirstFirst 1 24 34 44 84 88 LastLast