Page 12 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 12 22 62 89 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING NEWS ~ Continuously Updated

1. Link to Post #221
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,639 times in 506 posts

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS ~ Continuously Updated

Quote Posted by BoR (here)
    For me, my country is so far from real 'freedom', and so corrupted, that I have no illusion change will come from here.

Some changes will feel very real to the dutch.
    I am guessing we are in for a ride the coming few years..

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

BoR (15th January 2021), wondering (15th January 2021)

3. Link to Post #222
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,886 times in 612 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Damn. it go all .NL in here... haha

this is probably how a large portion of the forum feels reading incessant US politics?

good times
    I think it is important to be aware politics are happening around the world and in our own backyard. But if you dwell on it you will drive yourself completely crazy. I personally feel, when it comes to American politics I am helpless, there is nothing I can do to effect change other than continuing to send my energies to the good side, and then hunker down and hold on, it is a crazy ride.
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Alan (15th January 2021), BoR (15th January 2021), ClearWater (15th January 2021), onevoice (15th January 2021), Sue (Ayt) (15th January 2021), TargeT (15th January 2021), wondering (15th January 2021)

5. Link to Post #223
    Netherlands Avalon Member Deneon's Avatar
    Thanks

Nothing about this is about politics. I'm not disputing that alot of everything you see on the news is meant to manipulate us. I don't vote, but if I did, I probably wouldn't vote for this guy. And yes, the images of him going to work on a bike, are also used to manipulate us. That doesn't mean it's not actually happening though. It's not ALL OR NOTHING.

You're making a fool of yourself by saying he "definitely gets into a car around the corner". That is simply not true. Everyone who lives in The Hague knows that isn't true. When I point that out, you don't mention the chauffeur thing anymore, but now you're 'definitely' sure he will have security people following him. What if I show you a video of him riding a bike all by himself, not made by news agencies but by people on the streets? Will you then change your 'definite' info again? Maybe change your wording and not use the word 'definitely' when it's clear you don't actually KNOW this at all, you just BELIEVE it.

My point is simply this: don't state something as fact, if you don't actually know it's a fact. Now I can't take anything you say seriously, and I'm sure that's not actually what you wanted to achieve.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Deneon For This Post:

Catsquotl (15th January 2021)

7. Link to Post #224
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,964 times in 539 posts

It seems that all political events are scripted reality shows, all the politicians live in their own reality and have no concern for the citizens that they govern. As many said, they make empty gestures. Our race needs to advance spiritually further along to see any significant. As long as politicians continue to play zero sum games, things continues to deteriorate. Will there be an inflection point that our society can somehow collectively say enough is enough and work together to reboot our planet?

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

BoR (15th January 2021), iota (15th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (15th January 2021), Sue (Ayt) (15th January 2021), TargeT (15th January 2021)

9. Link to Post #225
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Karen (Geophyz) (here)
    I personally feel, when it comes to American politics I am helpless, there is nothing I can do to effect change other than continuing to send my energies to the good side, and then hunker down and hold on, it is a crazy ride.
    I hope the founding fathers are rolling in their graves.... this is exactly why the revolutionary war started in the US.. this type of disenfranchisement does not lead to good places.....

For me, my country is so far from real 'freedom', and so corrupted, that I have no illusion change will come from here.
    but no pressure, right?

haha

I hope "we" (USA) don't let you down!
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alan (15th January 2021), BoR (15th January 2021), Catsquotl (15th January 2021), iota (15th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (15th January 2021)

11. Link to Post #226
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onevoice (here)
    It seems that all political events are scripted reality shows, all the politicians live in their own reality and have no concern for the citizens that they govern. As many said, they make empty gestures. Our race needs to advance spiritually further along to see any significant. As long as politicians continue to play zero sum games, things continues to deteriorate. Will there be an inflection point that our society can somehow collectively say enough is enough and work together to reboot our planet?

Perhaps.

I do believe many politicians get into that because of good intentions and many of them cannot see beyond what they have been spoonfed.
    I will not vote, because I don't believe in parliamentary democracy. Power corrupts and my guess is that that process happens to those in power unseen.

Days like today though make it hard not to see the emptiness. If our parliament would have stayed odds were very high on them being sent home next week by the chamber. (senate?)

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

BoR (15th January 2021), greybeard (15th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (15th January 2021), onevoice (15th January 2021)

13. Link to Post #227
    Thanks

I hope "we" (USA) don't let you down!

The only reason I liked Trump was because it seemed to back off from international politics..
    If every country would put their heart and soul into taking care of the people inhabiting the lands I would think things might actually get a bit better..

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

BoR (15th January 2021), greybeard (15th January 2021), justntime2learn (15th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (15th January 2021), onevoice (15th January 2021), PurpleLama (16th January 2021), selinam (15th January 2021), Sue (Ayt) (15th January 2021), TargeT (15th January 2021)

15. Link to Post #228
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 times in 139 posts

Quote Posted by Deneon (here)
    Nothing about this is about politics. I'm not disputing that alot of everything you see on the news is meant to manipulate us. I don't vote, but if I did, I probably wouldn't vote for this guy. And yes, the images of him going to work on a bike, are also used to manipulate us. That doesn't mean it's not actually happening though. It's not ALL OR NOTHING.

You're making a fool of yourself by saying he "definitely gets into a car around the corner". That is simply not true. Everyone who lives in The Hague knows that isn't true. When I point that out, you don't mention the chauffeur thing anymore, but now you're 'definitely' sure he will have security people following him. What if I show you a video of him riding a bike all by himself, not made by news agencies but by people on the streets? Will you then change your 'definite' info again? Maybe change your wording and not use the word 'definitely' when it's clear you don't actually KNOW this at all, you just BELIEVE it.

My point is simply this: don't state something as fact, if you don't actually know it's a fact. Now I can't take anything you say seriously, and I'm sure that's not actually what you wanted to achieve.
    I did not want to achieve anything. And I really don't care how I am perceived by you. I have noticed your posts for a while now, and since January 6 you have suddenly been very active here. Most of your posts are causing a lot of arguments here. And you seem to like that. Just saying, so I don't care whether I 'win' or 'lose' an argument from you.

Now I will be checking if I wrote the word 'definitely', but my point was: a lot is being scripted. I know the media scene. I know how politics work too. I have been in that scene for a short while as wel. I know not everything is fake, and I might have been exaggerating when I mentioned the 'cut-scene' (though it is a wonderful analogy of what is happening in the world right now), but I do know how much effort is being put into keeping up appearances. And not because I 'think' so, but because I know that from experience and especially from people who work, or have worked in media and politics.

And, if I wanted to discuss further, which I don't, but if I wanted that, then I would ask: who in the center of The Hague is ever totally by himself?

16. Link to Post #229
    Thanks

Found it. This is what I wrote:

"The prime minister is definitely well protected by security guards."

I stand by that. And I did not use that word the way you suggested in your post.

17. Link to Post #230
    Thanks

I did not want to achieve anything. And I really don't care how I am perceived by you. I have noticed your posts for a while now, and since January 6 you have suddenly been very active here. Most of your posts are causing a lot of arguments here. And you seem to like that. Just saying, so I don't care whether I 'win' or 'lose' an argument from you.
    Yes, indeed, turns out: most people don't like being caught in a lie. Who would've thought? I'm agreeing with most people here about the state of the world and the need for change. ALL I've been doing is pointing out factual errors. It clearly was not appreciated, and I stopped posting about them.

Quote Now I will be checking if I wrote the word 'definitely', but my point was: a lot is being scripted. I know the media scene. I know how politics work too. I have been in that scene for a short while as wel. I know not everything is fake, and I might have been exaggerating when I mentioned the 'cut-scene' (though it is a wonderful analogy of what is happening in the world right now), but I do know how much effort is being put into keeping up appearances. And not because I 'think' so, but because I know that from experience and especially from people who work, or have worked in media and politics.
    Once again, I don't disagree. Politics are a sham. Media are a sham. I agree with all of that. However: you stated something that I know to be a lie. Period. Thats what I pointed out.

Quote And, if I wanted to discuss further, which I don't, but if I wanted that, then I would ask: who in the center of The Hague is ever totally by himself?
    I wouldn't wanna discuss further either, after I've just been caught spreading disinfo. There is nothing to 'discuss'. You're wrong. I don't think you are, it's not my opinion that you are. I KNOW from personal experience that you're wrong.
    Last edited by Deneon; 15th January 2021 at 17:24. Reason: spelling

18. Link to Post #231
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

this is probably how a large portion of the forum feels reading incessant US politics?

good times
    I think it is important to be aware politics are happening around the world and in our own backyard. But if you dwell on it you will drive yourself completely crazy. I personally feel, when it comes to American politics I am helpless, there is nothing I can do to effect change other than continuing to send my energies to the good side, and then hunker down and hold on, it is a crazy ride.
    i understand .. and THAT is what they would like people to think and therefore feel.

it is false

but you can't know this until you actually take action

for example, a few years back there was some city council man who decided to make 'homelessness" a crime. a friend, who felt like you and had NO experience in actually looking at something and saying "hey that's not right" and doing something about it called me

so i began my campaign of informing people. people of LARGE groups. i specifically avoided the conspiracy woke crowd

WHY?

sometimes we are SO "aware" of things, that many just sigh and read the next post .. (non action)

then i alerted the news ... ALL of them ... from SURROUNDING areas, not them, which FORCED the local news to "Catch up" in reporting ...

ALL information i provided included the city council man's phone number AND the mayor's

within 72 hours the city council man had a change of heart

he was on the news apologizing

but that's not all, since the issue had no been raised ... with people NOT so blaze, solutions were sought AND found

it not only STOPPED an injustice, it resolved it

it is PRECISELY the feeling OF being powerless that renders people non active

and there is NO way TO be successful WITHOUT action

THAT is just FACT

Last edited by iota; 15th January 2021 at 19:32. Reason: typo of 2 should have been 2 hours
    We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to iota For This Post:

Blacklight43 (15th January 2021)

20. Link to Post #232
    Thanks

Yes, indeed, turns out: most people don't like being caught in a lie. Who would've thought? I'm agreeing with most people here about the state of the world and the need for change. ALL I've been doing is pointing out factual errors. It clearly was not appreciated, and I stopped posting about them.

Quote Now I will be checking if I wrote the word 'definitely', but my point was: a lot is being scripted. I know the media scene. I know how politics work too. I have been in that scene for a short while as wel. I know not everything is fake, and I might have been exaggerating when I mentioned the 'cut-scene' (though it is a wonderful analogy of what is happening in the world right now), but I do know how much effort is being put into keeping up appearances. And not because I 'think' so, but because I know that from experience and especially from people who work, or have worked in media and politics.
    Once again, I don't disagree. Politics are a sham. Media are a sham. I agree with all of that. However: you stated something that I know to be a lie. Period. Thats what I pointed out.

Quote And, if I wanted to discuss further, which I don't, but if I wanted that, then I would ask: who in the center of The Hague is ever totally by himself?
    I wouldn't wanna discuss further either, after I've just been caught spreading disinfo. There is nothing to 'discuss'. You're wrong. I don't think you are, it's not my opinion that you are. I KNOW from personal experience that you're wrong.
    You see, here is a good example of what I mean: you now call it a lie. That is just ridiculous, and antagonizing.

21. Link to Post #233
    Thanks

Don't be fooled by the image they are desperately trying to uphold. You are watching a scripted television show. The prime minister is definitely well protected by security guards. He does this in front of the camera and after 'cut!' is being yelled, (or when he is around the corner), he steps off his bike, and gets into a car with chauffeur. And he doesn't live in a small appartment either. It's all fake.
    I know, again, from personal experience, this is not true. To me, that means it's a lie. What would you call it?

22. Link to Post #234
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,886 times in 612 posts

Quote Posted by iota (here)

good times
    i understand .. and THAT is what they would like people to think and therefore feel.

it is false

for example, a few years back there was some city council man who decided to make 'homelessness" a crime. a friend, who felt like you and had NO experience in actually looking at something and saying "hey that's not right" and doing something about it called me, since i don't operate from that stand point

so i began my campaign of informing people. people of LARGE groups. i specifically avoided the conspiracy woke crowd

WHY?

most are SO "aware" of things, they just sigh and read the next post .. (non action)

then i alerted the news ... ALL of them ... from SURROUNDING areas, not them, which FORCED the local news to "Catch up" in reporting ...

ALL information i provided included the city council man's phone number AND the mayor's

but that's not all, since the issue had no been raised ... with people NOT so blaze, solutions were sought AND found

and there is NO way TO be successful WITHOUT action, right?
    I suppose that depends on your definition of success. Being loud and forceful is not my style. I prefer to influence people by influencing their energies and working quietly in the background.
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Catsquotl (15th January 2021)

24. Link to Post #235
    Language
    English
    Thanks

THEN there was the time they executed a young man in Aneheim... California police thought they were going to get away with it. they had before ...

again i took action

THAT action SPREAD the news like wild fire some may remember hearing strong demonstrations over it

so i thought ... hmmm ...there's more than one way to skin a cat

what do they value?

Anaheim has Disneyland

so i communicated with the city council that my best friend owned a travel agency and since THEY were more or less allowing the execution of the young man for running ...

(BACKSTORY all he had done was when he saw the police was just turn and sprint away, he just didn't want to be hassled AGAIN)

so i stated that MOST people exercise

running is an activity that MOST young me engaged in

I was getting older and even I on occasion liked to run, i would not appreciate getting executed for that

SOOOO there could possibly BE liabilities IF travel agencies did NOT issue warning to anyone wishing to travel TO Anaheim that the police had just executed a young man for ... exercising

imagine ALL across the United States that advisory

yea ... they didn't want to ...

so THAT forced city council to acknowledge and hold "meetings" with FULL crowds holding them responsible

this illusion of being powerless is just THAT

an illusion

Last edited by iota; 15th January 2021 at 19:54. Reason: shortened

so that any adversary

25. The Following User Says Thank You to iota For This Post:

Arcturian108 (15th January 2021)

26. Link to Post #236
    Thanks

Don't be fooled by the image they are desperately trying to uphold. You are watching a scripted television show. The prime minister is definitely well protected by security guards. He does this in front of the camera and after 'cut!' is being yelled, (or when he is around the corner), he steps off his bike, and gets into a car with chauffeur. And he doesn't live in a small appartment either. It's all fake.
    I know, again, from personal experience, this is not true. To me, that means it's a lie. What would you call it?
    I quote myself:

"I know not everything is fake, and I might have been exaggerating when I mentioned the 'cut-scene' (though it is a wonderful analogy of what is happening in the world right now), but I do know how much effort is being put into keeping up appearances."

There is your answer, but you choose to to seek an argument, that is why you call it a lie, after I explained myself.

27. Link to Post #237
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by iota (here)

good times

it is false

for example, a few years back there was some city council man who decided to make 'homelessness" a crime. a friend, who felt like you and had NO experience in actually looking at something and saying "hey that's not right" and doing something about it called me, since i don't operate from that stand point

WHY?

most are SO "aware" of things, they just sigh and read the next post .. (non action)

and there is NO way TO be successful WITHOUT action, right?
    I suppose that depends on your definition of success. Being loud and forceful is not my style. I prefer to influence people by influencing their energies and working quietly in the background.
    people will perceive actions through the filter of their own experiences and their own biases and their own fears

which means that what you see reflects directly on you

what i look for are the results

if being quiet did the trick?

then THAT is what i'd do

and one can "view" it as one will

but there is no denying ... whatever i may be "labeled"?

what i AM .. is effective
    Last edited by iota; 16th January 2021 at 13:48. Reason: added clarification of what one sees means

so that any adversary

28. Link to Post #238
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,812 times in 2,588 posts

"Lie" implies a deliberate intention to deceive as most people think of it.
    A mistake or misinformation or misinterpretation are all distinctions from an out and out lie.

noun
    noun: lie; plural noun: lies
    an intentionally false statement.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

BoR (15th January 2021), Gracy (15th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (15th January 2021), RunningDeer (15th January 2021)

30. Link to Post #239
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Mod Hat On:

Deneon, please stop with the accusation, not every inaccuracy is a lie.

Now both of you please stand down. It's all too easy to have something spiral out of control, especially in our current and very tense environment, so let's call it a day and get back on topic.

Thank you in advance

31. Link to Post #240
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sue (Ayt) (here)

"Lie" implies a deliberate intention to deceive as most people think of it.
    A mistake or misinformation or misinterpretation are all distinctions from an out and out lie.

noun
    noun: lie; plural noun: lies
    an intentionally false statement.
    Yes, and in my case I would call it an assumption and exaggeration, based on facts I know about media and politics, to make the point that he is not this sweet innocent kid who goes to work on his bike, an image which the media loves to portray of him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 12 22 62 89 LastLast