English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS ~ Continuously Updated

TAKEN
    Franchise Comes to an End

Liam Neeson: I’m retiring from ass-kicking before I need a walker

NY Post reports:

Liam Neeson is “Taken” a permanent break from kicking bad guy butt.

Putting to bed his menacing, “I will find you and I will kill you” threats, Neeson, 68, announced Thursday that he is taking his very particular set of skills and retiring from the action movie genre.

“Im 68 and a half — 69 this year,” the Oscar nominee explained on Entertainment Tonight.

“There’s a couple more I’m going to do this year — hopefully, COVID allowing us — there’s a couple in the pipeline and, then I think that will probably be it.”

“Well, unless I’m on a Zimmer frame or something,” Neeson added, joking he’d need a walker to continue violently vanquishing villains as he’s done in high-octane hits such as “Taken,” “Non-Stop” and forthcoming feature film “The Marksman.”

Facing off with drug cartel assassins as an ex-Marine turned defender of a young Mexican boy in “The Marksman,” set for release Friday, Neeson admitted he’ll miss the fisticuffs of thriller flicks.

“I love doing ’em,” he said. “I love beating up guys half my age.”

But Neeson recently realized the beatings were taking more of a toll on him while shooting his other upcoming blockbuster, “Backlight.”

“I’ve just finished [‘Blacklight’] in Australia and I had a fight scene with a kid — lovely, sweet actor called Taylor,” the Northern Irishman — who’s received royal honors from the queen herself — he said.

“And halfway through the fight I looked up, I was breathless and it didn’t cost him a cent, and I said, ‘Taylor, what age are you?’ He said, ‘25.’ I said, ‘That’s the age of my eldest son [Micheál Richardson]!’”

The “Dark Knight Rises” star previously denounced doing anymore superhero movies—noting his disdain for having to “go into the gym for three hours every day to pump myself up to squeeze into a Velcro suit with a cape.”

Nonetheless, Neeson is honored by fans’ demands he reprise his role as Zeus from “Clash of the Titans” to star alongside Gal Gadot as her omnipotent father in “Wonder Woman 3.”

“I guess so, sure. I mean, I’m very flattered!,” the box-office boomer said, before revealing that he didn’t know Zeus is Wonder Woman’s dad.

“I wasn’t aware that the ancient Greek gods appeared in ‘Wonder Woman.’ I have to say, much to my chagrin, I haven’t seen kind of the ‘Wonder Woman’ movies.”

Once brought up to speed on comic book lore, Neeson said with a cheeky grin: “I’ll call my agent!”

source here

i had no idea he was 68! ...
    Last edited by iota; 15th January 2021 at 19:24.
    We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

One (15th January 2021), Sadieblue (16th January 2021)

3. Link to Post #242
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

BREAKING NEWS reminder ...

the topic is BREAKING NEWS

recognizing that some topics may be of further interest or invite discussion of more than 1 or maximum 2 responses?

a NEW thread is encouraged or to use a link to refer a response to a conversation that is continuing somewhere else!

it actually is awesome that this is serving to initiate conversation and awareness ...

the intention i outlined in starting this thread though is for one or two posts on something that is new ... or we want to give heads up on ...

like a front page .. not really discussion .. like we have been doing, we can do that on a regular thread
    Last edited by iota; 15th January 2021 at 19:11.

so that any adversary

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Blastolabs (15th January 2021), One (15th January 2021), Reinhard (15th January 2021), Sadieblue (16th January 2021)

5. Link to Post #243
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,886 times in 612 posts

And the winner is......Russia!

When Russia's entire government resigned on Wednesday, even long-term Kremlin observers were taken by surprise.

Earlier in the day, Vladimir Putin had announced his plan to push through reforms that would make his successor as president less powerful, by redistributing power in such a way that that the Russian parliament and office of prime minister will have greater clout.

He thanked the resigning members of the government for their service, but said that "not everything worked out."

In the last two years, Putin's approval ratings have taken a dip, partly a result of unpopular pension reforms and a stagnating economy. 2019 was also riddled with street protests over municipal elections as Russia's fragmented opposition expressed discontent with what they see as a president and the ruling elite that have overstayed their power.

However, as the exact details of this mass resignation -- led by current prime minister and former president Dmitry Medvedev -- unfurled, it was clear that this was no protest at Putin's proposed reforms.

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news...is%20successor.
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (15th January 2021), Bluegreen (15th January 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (15th January 2021), ClearWater (16th January 2021), iota (15th January 2021), justntime2learn (16th January 2021), One (15th January 2021), onevoice (15th January 2021), Reinhard (15th January 2021), Sadieblue (16th January 2021), selinam (15th January 2021), TargeT (15th January 2021)

7. Link to Post #244
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,231 times in 233 posts

The Netherlands too...

https://www.politico.eu/article/dutc...nefit-scandal/

Fri. 15 January 2021

Mark Rutte pulls plug on Dutch government, plans immediate return
    Dutch PM has escaped relatively unscathed from child benefit scandal.

"NETHERLANDS-POLITICS
    Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte | Remko De Waal/AFP via Getty Images
    BY ELINE SCHAART
    January 15, 2021 1:50 pm
    Share on Facebook
    Share on Twitter
    Share on Linkedin
    Mail
    Print
    Mark Rutte’s government on Friday resigned over a child benefits scandal in which thousands of parents were falsely accused of fraud, but the Dutch prime minister has escaped relatively untouched.

Rutte will run for a fourth term in a general election to be held in two months, and his center-right People’s Party for Freedom and Democracy (VVD) is leading in the polls and projected to win 39 seats — six more than in the 2017 ballot.

“I believe that I can continue as a party leader, but it’s ultimately up to the voter,” Rutte said Friday, adding that he “had no direct involvement” in the benefits scandal, which lasted from 2013 to 2019."

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ben For This Post:

iota (16th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (15th January 2021), One (15th January 2021), Reinhard (15th January 2021), Sadieblue (16th January 2021), selinam (15th January 2021)

9. Link to Post #245
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,325 times in 318 posts

Is this the big declas? Just seen on my Twitter feed.

https://linktr.ee/kagbabe?fbclid=IwA...h70U2FFiMWrrfs

Hope that link works, it includes the Black Vault that John (Kuhles) recently posted about. I’m surprised there wasn’t a thread about that sooner. I certainly can’t trawl through thousands of documents, my eyesight and patience is not up to it. But I do hope some intrepid researchers, journalists and maybe Avalonians are digging deep into it. Or has apathy set in across the world as we find ourselves exhausted by all the information and disinformation? In which case the scammers, scum and controlled (alternative) opposition, have won the game and when the truth comes out, no-one’s interested! 😕

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Phoenix1304 For This Post:

alh02 (15th January 2021), ClearWater (16th January 2021), iota (16th January 2021), One (15th January 2021), ramus (16th January 2021), Sadieblue (16th January 2021), selinam (16th January 2021), TomKat (15th January 2021)

11. Link to Post #246
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Cease and desist papers - Prof. Dr. Christian Drosten by Dr. Reiner Füllmich - Unofficial English Translation.docx.pdf - Google Drive

This is a case brought against Dr Christen Drosten who basically started the Covid fraud.
    The lockdowns and draconian rules are dependent on the test promoted by Dr Drosten.
    This is a very serious challenge.
    Chris

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17X4...qzodAEW3b/view
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (17th January 2021), iota (16th January 2021), One (15th January 2021), onevoice (16th January 2021), Peace in Oz (16th January 2021), Sadieblue (16th January 2021), Satori (16th January 2021), scotslad (21st January 2021), selinam (16th January 2021), wondering (16th January 2021)

13. Link to Post #247
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,543 times in 20,693 posts

Obama's day of reckoning | George Papadopoulos
    92,304 views•Jan 15, 2021
    Newsmax TV
    1.85M subscribers

"George Papadopoulos, a former Trump advisor and self-proclaimed victim of the long tenured 'witch hunt' against the President Donald Trump administration and allies, comments to Newsmax TV's John Bachman about what he sees as the Obama administration's 'day of reckoning.' - via John Bachman Now, weekdays at 12PM ET on Newsmax "TV
    Each breath a gift...

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (17th January 2021), ClearWater (16th January 2021), Eva2 (18th January 2021), iota (16th January 2021), One (15th January 2021), onevoice (16th January 2021), pyrangello (15th January 2021), Sadieblue (16th January 2021), selinam (16th January 2021)

15. Link to Post #248
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,566 times in 2,216 posts

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

Eric J (Viking) (16th January 2021), iota (16th January 2021), justntime2learn (16th January 2021), Sadieblue (17th January 2021), wegge (16th January 2021)

17. Link to Post #249
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,205 times in 3,110 posts

Is this confirmed...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	6C46D16A-3759-47D2-9B47-D3C73397E409.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	45856  
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (17th January 2021), Blacklight43 (16th January 2021), iota (16th January 2021), justntime2learn (16th January 2021), pueblo (16th January 2021), ramus (16th January 2021), Sadieblue (17th January 2021)

19. Link to Post #250
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,566 times in 2,216 posts

Quote Posted by viking (here)
    Is this confirmed...
    1. Confirmed.

2. Confirmed.

3. Estonian PM resigned a few days ago, not sure if 'missing' or not.

4. Italian govt on brink of collapse.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (17th January 2021), Eric J (Viking) (16th January 2021), Eva2 (19th January 2021), iota (16th January 2021), justntime2learn (16th January 2021), ramus (16th January 2021), Sadieblue (17th January 2021), TargeT (16th January 2021)

21. Link to Post #251
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,205 times in 3,110 posts

Cheers Pueblo... yes just had confirmation from other sources as well

It’s all happening folks tighten your seat belts...

Viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

Catsquotl (16th January 2021), iota (16th January 2021), Ivanhoe (16th January 2021), justntime2learn (16th January 2021), pueblo (16th January 2021), ramus (16th January 2021), Sadieblue (17th January 2021), TargeT (16th January 2021)

23. Link to Post #252
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,871 times in 463 posts

Where from do you get that Merkel is about to step down? She’s planning an even bigger lockdown these days.

24. Link to Post #253
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,231 times in 233 posts

Quote Posted by wegge (here)
    Where from do you get that Merkel is about to step down? She’s planning an even bigger lockdown these days.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...-idUSKBN29K2QQ

"BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany’s Christian Democrats elected Armin Laschet as chairman on Saturday, aiming to unify their divided party behind a centrist who they hope can succeed Angela Merkel as chancellor when she steps down after federal elections in September."

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ben For This Post:

Hym (17th January 2021), iota (17th January 2021), justntime2learn (16th January 2021), pueblo (16th January 2021), ramus (16th January 2021), wegge (16th January 2021)

26. Link to Post #254
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,871 times in 463 posts

Well that’s known since 4 years that she would step down at the end of her term.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (16th January 2021), Hym (17th January 2021), justntime2learn (16th January 2021), Michi (16th January 2021), onawah (16th January 2021), TargeT (16th January 2021)

28. Link to Post #255
    Language
    English
    Thanks

so ... doom on ... just kidding .. but a planet has gone rouge once believed to be protecting us ....

JUPITER is being accused of actively flinging dangerous objects
    into the inner solar system that could impact Earth.

Some space experts believe the huge planet protects Earth from comets and asteroids but new research has suggested that it may actually be doing the opposite.

The popular Jupiter Shield theory proposes that the planet acts like a giant space shield due to its huge mass causing it to suck in or deflect dangerous debris.

However, this shield theory is slowly falling out of favour and one of the leading critics is space expert Kevin Grazier.

He's published several papers explaining why he thinks Jupiter is a "sniper rather than a shield".

Recently, he's been aiming to prove how this 'sniper-like' process works.

Grazier's extensive work could put the Jupiter Shield theory in jeopardy.

He told Gizmodo: "Actually, I wouldn’t say that it’s in jeopardy—I would say that it has been laid to rest.

"Our simulations show that Jupiter is just as likely to send comets at Earth as deflect them away, and we’ve seen that in the real solar system."

Grazier's work provides new scientific models that demonstrate the complex processes behind how a celestial object can be turned into a threat.

He collaborated with Nasa’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory and the University of Southern Queensland to demonstrate how Jupiter could turn passing objects into potentially Earth-threatening comets.

Both Grazier and his colleagues have admitted that although their models can show how Jupiter picks up debris into its orbit and flings it back out, the planet can also act as a shield at the same time.

Jonti Horner, an astronomer at the University of Southern Queensland, told Gizmodo: "It takes things that threaten Earth and flings them away, clearing space near our planet.

"So in that sense, it is something of a shield.

"On the flip side, though, it takes things that come nowhere near Earth and flings them our way, meaning it is also a threat.

"To find out which side is more important—to determine whether Jupiter is truly friend or foe—you need to look at the story in some detail."

Grazier added: "We already know that Earth is in the cosmic cross-hairs. There are hundreds of near-Earth objects that are potentially hazardous.

"I think we now just have to pay more attention to what’s happening a bit farther away in Jupiter’s neighbourhood."

Comet and asteroid strikes are such a cause for concern because they can have devastating impacts on Earth and can even cause mass-extinction events.

However, comets and asteroids hitting Earth when it was young are thought to be the reason that it had the essential ingredients to create life in the first place.

source here
    Last edited by iota; 17th January 2021 at 03:14. Reason: format

so that any adversary

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (17th January 2021), Hym (17th January 2021), Sadieblue (17th January 2021)

30. Link to Post #256
    Language
    English
    Thanks

instance #2 now of an ENTIRE government body resigning ....

Russian government resigns as Vladimir Putin plans future

THE ENTIRE GOVERNMENT

Russia’s government has resigned, hours after President Vladimir Putin proposed sweeping constitutional changes that could prolong his stay in power.

If approved by the public, the proposals would transfer power from the presidency to parliament. Mr. Putin is due to step down in 2024 when his fourth term of office comes to an end. But there is speculation he could seek a new role or hold on to power behind the scenes.

Mr Putin put forward his plans in his annual state of the nation address to lawmakers. Later, in an unexpected move, Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev announced that the government was resigning to help facilitate the changes.
    Russian government sources told the BBC that ministers did not know about the government’s resignation ahead of the announcement.

“It was a complete surprise,” one source said.

What is Mr. Putin proposing?

The Russian leader said during a speech to both chambers of parliament that there would be a nationwide vote on changes that would shift power from the presidency to parliament.

Constitutional reforms included giving the lower house of parliament, the State Duma, “greater responsibility” for the appointment of the prime minister and the cabinet. Currently, the president appoints the prime minister, and the Duma approves the decision.

Mr. Putin also suggested an increased role for an advisory body called the State Council. The council, which is currently chaired by Mr. Putin, comprises the heads of Russia’s federal regions. Mr Putin said it had proved to be “highly effective”.

Other measures include:
    • Limiting the supremacy of international law
    • Amending the rules that limit presidents to two consecutive terms
    • Strengthening laws that prohibit presidential candidates who have held foreign citizenship or foreign residency permits

"President Putin likes stability. It’s his thing. So the newsflash that the entire government had resigned was a big surprise. From the online chatter, it seems even the cabinet ministers didn’t see it coming. For a moment it was like a flashback to Russia of the 1990s, when President Yeltsin changed prime ministers as readily as his socks. Vladimir Putin is no Yeltsin, though, and this move looks like part of some bigger plan that’s all about consolidating – and extending – his hold on power.

Under the current rules, Mr Putin must step down as president in 2024 and it’s never been clear what he’d do next. That’s still true. But the constitutional tweaks he’s proposed are hints at some options. He’s bumped up the status of the little-known State Council, which he already heads. Or he could become PM again, now he’s slightly weakened the powers of Russia’s president.

If he is sticking around, perhaps he needs to make that palatable to people given all the social and economic problems he had to list once again in his annual address to the nation. If Mr. Putin were to blame for their woes, Russians might well wonder why they should swallow him staying on, post-2024. Dmitry Medvedev – so often useful to Mr. Putin – for now looks like a handy scapegoat."

continued the second part of the article ...

read full article here

UPDATE with COMMENT

there is a saying about occurrences:

Once An Accident, Twice A Coincidence, Three Times A Pattern

... let's see if we hit a third ...
    Last edited by iota; 17th January 2021 at 03:16. Reason: added personal comment and posted it as update

so that any adversary

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Eva2 (17th January 2021), Hym (17th January 2021), justntime2learn (18th January 2021), Reinhard (17th January 2021), Sadieblue (17th January 2021), selinam (17th January 2021), thepainterdoug (17th January 2021)

32. Link to Post #257
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 times in 208 posts

Are the media channels down in the usa right now?

https://downdetector.com/archive/

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dick For This Post:

iota (18th January 2021), justntime2learn (18th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (18th January 2021)

34. Link to Post #258
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,881 times in 2,121 posts

Quote Posted by Dick (here)
    Are the media channels down in the usa right now?

https://downdetector.com/archive/
    CNN, Fox, MSNBC and BBC are working fine in Oregon.

Of course, everything is pre-recorded.
    Last edited by justntime2learn; 18th January 2021 at 20:59.
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Dick (18th January 2021), iota (18th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (18th January 2021)

36. Link to Post #259
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 times in 221 posts

Peaceful transition of Military Power???

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Military Power.png
Views:	44
Size:	486.2 KB
ID:	45870  
    Last edited by Chakra; 18th January 2021 at 21:04.

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chakra For This Post:

alh02 (18th January 2021), iota (18th January 2021), Ivanhoe (19th January 2021), justntime2learn (19th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (18th January 2021)

38. Link to Post #260
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Chakra (here)
    Peaceful transition of Military Power???

Something tells me that wasn’t just a Freudian slip.
    “There is no sun without shadow, and it is essential to know the night.”
    ~ Albert Camus

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to alh02 For This Post:

avid (18th January 2021), Chakra (18th January 2021), iota (18th January 2021), justntime2learn (19th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (18th January 2021), wondering (18th January 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 89 FirstFirst 1 3 13 23 63 89 LastLast