+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 87 FirstFirst 1 25 35 45 85 87 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING NEWS ~ Continuously Updated

1. Link to Post #681
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,166 times in 3,160 posts

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS ~ Continuously Updated

a hallmark of the incompetent and corrupt biden admin, and all the phonies he has in charge

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

DNA (8th December 2021), iota (5th December 2021), Mashika (5th December 2021), pabranno (5th December 2021), Pam (11th December 2021)

3. Link to Post #682
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

Breaking: CNN Fires Chris Cuomo “Effective Immediately”

Gateway Pundit reports:

"CNN announced late Saturday afternoon the cable network has fired host Chris Cuomo, “effective immediately” following an investigation into Cuomo using his journalism contacts to help defend his brother former New York Governor Andrew Cuomo (D) when he was facing numerous allegations of sexual assault by female staffers. Andrew Cuomo resigned in disgrace last August. CNN had previously suspended Cuomo last Tuesday but said Saturday that “additional information has come to light” in their investigation of Cuomo that apparently prompted his immediate termination."

“Chris Cuomo was suspended earlier this week pending further evaluation of new information that came to light about his involvement with his brother’s defense.

We retained a respected law firm to conduct the review,

and have terminated him, effective immediately

While in the process of that review, additional information has come to light. Despite the termination, we will investigate as appropriate.”

Source: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...e-immediately/

Miami's WSN News reports:

"In a statement of his own Saturday, Chris Cuomo said, “This is not how I want my time at CNN to end but I have already told you why and how I helped my brother. So let me now say as disappointing as this is, I could not be more proud of the team at Cuomo Prime Time and the work we did as CNN’s #1 show in the most competitive time slot. I owe them all and will miss that group of special people who did really important work.”

While the contours of Chris Cuomo’s involvement with the governor’s office were reported several months ago, the specifics were detailed in a massive document dump on Monday. The documents — released by New York Attorney General Letitia James after an investigation into the governor — showed that Chris Cuomo, while working as one of CNN’s top anchors, was also effectively working as an unpaid aide to the governor.

The cozy and improper nature of the relationship was conveyed through text messages obtained by James’ office. The texts between the anchor and several aides and allies of the governor revealed that Chris Cuomo sought to use his connections in the press to help prepare Andrew Cuomo’s team as accusers started to make their stories public.

On the day his brother resigned, back in August, Chris Cuomo told viewers that “this situation is unlike anything I could have imagined.”

He pointed out that he never reported on the sexual harassment scandal or tried to interfere in CNN’s coverage. And he acknowledged that he “tried to be there for my brother” when the scandal erupted.

“I’m not an adviser. I’m a brother. I wasn’t in control of anything. I was there to listen and offer my take,” he said.

CNN management showed support for Cuomo, and “Cuomo Prime Time,” often the network’s highest-rated show, stayed on the air throughout the controversy.

But as “Reliable Sources” reported at the time, some CNN staffers were angry at Cuomo and his violations of journalistic norms.

The dissent only intensified after James’ office released the text messages, sworn testimony and other raw materials from her investigation into the ex-governor.

When the documents were released on Monday, CNN management said the “thousands of pages of additional transcripts and exhibits” would be reviewed “over the next several days.”

Then on Tuesday evening, CNN indicated that the contents were serious enough to merit a suspension.

“When Chris admitted to us that he had offered advice to his brother’s staff, he broke our rules and we acknowledged that publicly,” the network said in a statement. “But we also appreciated the unique position he was in and understood his need to put family first and job second.”

“However,” the network said, “these documents point to a greater level of involvement in his brother’s efforts than we previously knew. As a result, we have suspended Chris indefinitely, pending further evaluation.”

Cuomo initially declined to comment. He said on his radio show on Wednesday that the suspension was “embarrassing” but understandable. He also said he never wanted to “compromise any of my colleagues” and said he would respect the process.

According to Saturday’s announcement, the process included an outside law firm, a fact that was not previously known.

With information in the texts and documents pointing to a serious breach of CNN standards, Cuomo was notified of his termination on Saturday."

source :
    https://wsvn.com/entertainment/cnn-fires-chris-cuomo/

the immediacy with which these two have not just fallen from favor but are now disgraced, further exemplifies the invulnerability narrative they project

is false

we would do well to routinely and categorically reject, disregard and actively nullify ALL intended programming that we are powerless, they are invulnerable and that they will never fall.

this is evidence that none of that is actually true.

We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Bluegreen (14th December 2021), Brigantia (5th December 2021), ClearWater (7th December 2021), DNA (8th December 2021), Ivanhoe (5th December 2021), justntime2learn (5th December 2021), kfm27917 (9th December 2021), Mashika (5th December 2021), onevoice (5th December 2021), pabranno (5th December 2021), Pam (5th December 2021), Satori (5th December 2021), Vangelo (5th December 2021), wondering (5th December 2021)

5. Link to Post #683
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by iota (here)

Breaking: CNN Fires Chris Cuomo “Effective Immediately”

Gateway Pundit reports:

"CNN announced late Saturday afternoon the cable network has fired host Chris Cuomo, “effective immediately” following an investigation into Cuomo using his journalism contacts to help defend his brother former New York Governor Andrew Cuomo (D) when he was facing numerous allegations of sexual assault by female staffers. Andrew Cuomo resigned in disgrace last August. CNN had previously suspended Cuomo last Tuesday but said Saturday that “additional information has come to light” in their investigation of Cuomo that apparently prompted his immediate termination."

“Chris Cuomo was suspended earlier this week pending further evaluation of new information that came to light about his involvement with his brother’s defense.

We retained a respected law firm to conduct the review,

and have terminated him, effective immediately

While in the process of that review, additional information has come to light. Despite the termination, we will investigate as appropriate.”

Source: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...e-immediately/

Miami's WSN News reports:

"In a statement of his own Saturday, Chris Cuomo said, “This is not how I want my time at CNN to end but I have already told you why and how I helped my brother. So let me now say as disappointing as this is, I could not be more proud of the team at Cuomo Prime Time and the work we did as CNN’s #1 show in the most competitive time slot. I owe them all and will miss that group of special people who did really important work.”

While the contours of Chris Cuomo’s involvement with the governor’s office were reported several months ago, the specifics were detailed in a massive document dump on Monday. The documents — released by New York Attorney General Letitia James after an investigation into the governor — showed that Chris Cuomo, while working as one of CNN’s top anchors, was also effectively working as an unpaid aide to the governor.

The cozy and improper nature of the relationship was conveyed through text messages obtained by James’ office. The texts between the anchor and several aides and allies of the governor revealed that Chris Cuomo sought to use his connections in the press to help prepare Andrew Cuomo’s team as accusers started to make their stories public.

On the day his brother resigned, back in August, Chris Cuomo told viewers that “this situation is unlike anything I could have imagined.”

He pointed out that he never reported on the sexual harassment scandal or tried to interfere in CNN’s coverage. And he acknowledged that he “tried to be there for my brother” when the scandal erupted.

“I’m not an adviser. I’m a brother. I wasn’t in control of anything. I was there to listen and offer my take,” he said.

CNN management showed support for Cuomo, and “Cuomo Prime Time,” often the network’s highest-rated show, stayed on the air throughout the controversy.

But as “Reliable Sources” reported at the time, some CNN staffers were angry at Cuomo and his violations of journalistic norms.

The dissent only intensified after James’ office released the text messages, sworn testimony and other raw materials from her investigation into the ex-governor.

When the documents were released on Monday, CNN management said the “thousands of pages of additional transcripts and exhibits” would be reviewed “over the next several days.”

Then on Tuesday evening, CNN indicated that the contents were serious enough to merit a suspension.

“When Chris admitted to us that he had offered advice to his brother’s staff, he broke our rules and we acknowledged that publicly,” the network said in a statement. “But we also appreciated the unique position he was in and understood his need to put family first and job second.”

“However,” the network said, “these documents point to a greater level of involvement in his brother’s efforts than we previously knew. As a result, we have suspended Chris indefinitely, pending further evaluation.”

Cuomo initially declined to comment. He said on his radio show on Wednesday that the suspension was “embarrassing” but understandable. He also said he never wanted to “compromise any of my colleagues” and said he would respect the process.

According to Saturday’s announcement, the process included an outside law firm, a fact that was not previously known.

With information in the texts and documents pointing to a serious breach of CNN standards, Cuomo was notified of his termination on Saturday."

source :
    https://wsvn.com/entertainment/cnn-fires-chris-cuomo/

the immediacy with which these two have not just fallen from favor but are now disgraced, further exemplifies the invulnerability narrative they project

is false

we would do well to routinely and categorically reject, disregard and actively nullify ALL intended programming that we are powerless, they are invulnerable and that they will never fall.

this is evidence that none of that is actually true.

This is really, really interesting. Not on face value, but the fact that the Cuomo brothers have fallen out of favor with the beast system. It's laughable to believe that CNN has any ethical journalistic concerns. They are as unethical as it gets and you could hardly say they have any true journalists employed. So all this moral high ground is ridiculous.

I remember quite awhile ago, Chris Cuomo was accused of doing something inappropriate with women. A whistle blower had recorded a conversation of Chris talking about the accusations. The reason I even remember it was because his response was so classically narcissistic. He was not so concerned about the accusations as he was about anyone thinking he would have to resort to any shenanigans to attract women.

I wonder what this is really about. They have played their parts very well, why are they supposedly being shunned by the system that they contributed so much to? Very, very interesting that they both supposedly go down over an issue of disrespecting women when we all know they are guilty of far greater things.

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (5th December 2021), Blacklight43 (5th December 2021), Bluegreen (14th December 2021), Brigantia (5th December 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (5th December 2021), ClearWater (7th December 2021), DNA (8th December 2021), iota (6th December 2021), Ivanhoe (5th December 2021), justntime2learn (5th December 2021), Mashika (5th December 2021), onawah (7th December 2021), pabranno (5th December 2021), Reinhard (6th December 2021), Satori (5th December 2021), thepainterdoug (5th December 2021), Vangelo (5th December 2021), wondering (5th December 2021)

7. Link to Post #684
    Language
    English
    Thanks

don't cuss .. just close your eyes and intend with all your heart that the people choose to take back all power they have relinquished ... and ok ... one or two cuss words might be appropriate ... sigh ...

Cocaine Evidence Found Near UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s Private Office

and this headline does not say it .. but it was found in 11 out of 12 places searched ...

UNILAD in UK reports:

"Evidence of cocaine has reportedly been discovered in the toilets nearest Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

It comes amid growing concerns about the use of drugs, such as cocaine, and other illegal substances in parliament.

The news also comes after Johnson discussed his new plans to crack down on drug use and distribution across the UK, set to ‘make an example’ out of middle-class offenders.

As reported by The Times, evidence of cocaine was identified in the toilets nearest Johnson and Home Secretary Priti Patel, as well as the disabled bathroom on the shadow cabinet corridor in Norman Shaw North and the accessible toilet beside the office of Nick Thomas-Symonds, the former shadow home secretary.

A total of 12 locations across Westminster were tested with detection wipes – all but one revealed evidence of cocaine use, including places restricted to those with parliamentary passes, according to the report. Two drug dealers have also been arrested on or around the parliamentary estate over the past year, as well as 13 people being detained for drug possession."

"Sir Lindsay Hoyle has pledged to investigate the drug culture in Westminster, with other MPs calling for the possible use of sniffer dogs.

‘The House of Commons has a long history of using sniffer dogs to detect explosives. It may be that we now need to broaden the range of sniffer dogs… to include those which can detect drugs,’ Tory MP Charles Walker said.

One source also claimed to the publication, ‘I have seen an MP openly snorting cocaine at a party. There were journalists present and I warned them that what they were doing was extremely dangerous and they could be exposed but they seemed to get off on the power trip."

source: https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/eviden...hnsons-office/

the Daily Caller reports:

"The United Kingdom’s worsening drug problem intensifies as evidence of cocaine was discovered in toilets near the private office of Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

A recent investigation into 12 locations within the Palace of Westminster found that 11 locations returned positive results for cocaine evidence, including Johnson’s office, according to the Sunday Times.

Evidence of cocaine was also discovered in other areas reserved for members of Parliament, including near Home Secretary Priti Patel’s office, a report from The Week added.

“[There is] no place in our society for drugs and certainly not in our parliament,” Patel said, according to the Times.

“Those who have the privilege to work at the heart of our democracy who are involved in drug use or distribution are utterly divorced from the heartless pain and suffering of the drug trade they are fuelling,” she added.

Parliamentary leader of the Liberal Democrats Sir Ed Davey also responded to accusations of internal drug usage among members of parliament.

“When thousands of young people are in prison for their drug use, it is outrageous that people are doing cocaine in parliament with impunity,” he said, according to the Times report. “Government ministers cannot talk tough about illegal drugs while turning a blind eye to their mates.”

Some members of Parliament recently proposed introducing drug sniffing dogs to Westminster to tackle increasing concerns of drug usage among elected officials."

source: https://dailycaller.com/2021/12/05/c...t-westminster/

truth is seeping out of cracks everywhere ... i think it might be possible we have crossed some threashold of mass awareness and the solidity of the walls that used to shield them are cracking and unable to contain them

if we apply this SAME pressure to prosecute ANY media or personel that intentionally and knowingly deceives citizens all around the world?

victory would be very much attainable

they NEED public support to maintain power, they use their version of MSM to generate that support .. if THAT is taken from them?

(and it will ONLY happen by demand?) then their entire structure crumbles ...

how dare they prosecute people for the very crimes they are committing?

how extraordinary is the trajectory that is exposing them one by one!

Last edited by iota; 6th December 2021 at 07:24.

so that any adversary

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (6th December 2021), Ben (6th December 2021), Ewan (13th December 2021), greybeard (6th December 2021), jaybee (6th December 2021), justntime2learn (6th December 2021), Mashika (6th December 2021), meat suit (6th December 2021), onawah (7th December 2021), Pam (7th December 2021), Reinhard (6th December 2021), Vangelo (6th December 2021)

9. Link to Post #685
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Devin Nunes Resigns From Congress to Become
    CEO of Trump Media & Technology Group

USAA today reports:

"Rep. Devin Nunes' 10th term in Congress will be his last, as the California Republican announced Monday that he will retire at the end of the year to lead the media company being started by former President Donald Trump.

Nunes will leave the U.S. House, after being "presented with a new opportunity to fight for the most important issues I believe in," he said in a statement on Instagram.

Trump Media & Technology Group announced Monday that Nunes will be its CEO.

“I will deeply miss being your congressman. It’s been the honor of a lifetime to represent you, and I thank you for the trust you put in me through all these years," Nunes wrote on Instagram.

Nunes represents California's 22nd Congressional District which covers Tulare and Fresno counties in the Republican-leaning San Joaquin Valley. He assured his supporters that he does not plan to disappear from the public eye.

“Rest assured, I have not, by any means, given up our collective fight — I'll just be pursuing it through other means," Nunes' statement read.

The former president, who is chairman of TMTG, called Nunes "a fighter and a leader."

"Devin understands that we must stop the liberal media and Big Tech from destroying the freedoms that make America great. America is ready for TRUTH Social and the end to censorship and political discrimination," Trump said in a news release on Monday.

In the TMTG release, Nunes said, “The time has come to reopen the Internet and allow for the free flow of ideas and expression without censorship. The United States of America made the dream of the Internet a reality, and it will be an American company that restores the dream. I’m humbled and honored President Trump has asked me to lead the mission and the world-class team that will deliver on this promise.

Nunes has served in the House since 2003. He is the ranking member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and a member of the Ways and Means Committee.

In 2019, Nunes filed a lawsuit that accused Twitter of "shadow-banning conservatives" – including Nunes – while profiting from abusive behavior and language allegedly perpetrated by liberal and left-wing Twitter accounts, including @DevinCow and @DevinNunesMom, both of which are listed as defendants. In June 2020, a judge ruled Twitter could not be sued, citing Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act."

source here

very excited about the turn of events. the lowest numbers and favoring of any president in modern history belongs to the usurper. so much so? that youtube has resorted to hiding "dislikes" and other modifications in an attempt to conceal the reality that was/is a sharp contrast to the official social narrative they were complicit in endorsing and directing ...

Trump's media will blow all this out of the water as it is well expected to attract the millions of voters and supporters he has ALWAYS had, the large number of disillusioned and disenfranchised democrats whose support of a duplicitous and dishonest party can no longer justified.

again, this is indicative of movement in a positive trajectory ... so very grateful!

here is the website: https://www.tmtgcorp.com/

oh ... and btw ...

here is a special message to both Brandon and his sidekick

so that any adversary

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Blacklight43 (7th December 2021), ClearWater (7th December 2021), Hym (10th December 2021), Ivanhoe (7th December 2021), Mashika (7th December 2021), onawah (7th December 2021), Pam (7th December 2021), Reinhard (7th December 2021), Vangelo (7th December 2021), wondering (7th December 2021)

11. Link to Post #686
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Rick Fisher, senior fellow in Asian military affairs at the International Assessment and Strategy Center, said of the potential Trojan Horse strategy that "it is likely" China has the missiles necessary.

There Are Growing Fears That China Could Be
    Hiding Missiles In Containerships Worldwide

ZeroHedge reports:

"A stunning new report claims that China has been "secretly developing Trojan Horse-style missiles hidden in shipping containers" at a time when shipping and logistics is a key global focus.

The new allegations, raised in a report by The U.S. Sun, state that the missiles could be "unleased on enemy ports" and would be disguised amongst the country's massive fleet of freighters and fishing vessels - which could then be "turned into warships" using the secret missiles.

The missiles could "blend in seamlessly" with hundreds of other containers on board ships, the report says. The shipping vessels are tougher to pinpoint than warships in the event of war, the report notes.

"Retired Navy Capt. Jim Fanell, a former Pacific Fleet intelligence chief, told the Sun that such ships could "add a significant threat" to the U.S. Navy.

The idea of such missiles made their way out into the public in 2016, during an arms fair. Since then, there has been speculation that they may be in service in China's armed forces.

Fisher says that the type of weapon fits China's military strategy and could be used after being smuggled into foreign ports all over the world.

“Chinese strategic preferences for surprise would strongly argue for acquisition” of the missiles, he said. They could be placed on “nondescript small Chinese ships in order to mount surprise missile raids against shore defenses to assist follow on amphibious or airborne invasion forces," he continued.

They would “offer China's leadership a wide array of options," he continued, including “using larger container ships, thousands of fishing ships or stored containers in ports, to undertake military or terror mission strikes in a manner that can be denied if desired”.

“The CCP (Chinese Communist Party) is fully capable of using containerized missiles to sow chaos when desired,” he added.

"He also speculated about the potential use of an EMP in conjunction with such missiles.

He concluded: "The EMP blast might take out electronics on the [submarines] and all over the base without having to launch a nuclear missile from China. Washington would be in chaos, would not know against whom to retaliate, and perhaps China uses American distraction to begin its real objective, the military conquest of Taiwan.""

article source: https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/th...hips-worldwide

here is one of those stories, theories, speculations that i would just really like to be completely false, wrong, fabricated

but i don't think so

if true? it would make sense and tie in the detainment of containers that was reported. the fact that Brandon is believed to be little more than a Chinese asset, a traitor whose every action is bringing out the demise of the greatness and great power of our country

and the calm before the storm feeling we seem to be at ... that i give no more than a few weeks (and maybe less than two) before life as we have known it? is a distant memory

if this matters? then this would be the time to reconnect to a time when we were most connected with our power ... and from THAT standpoint?

generate, create, command, intend ... that ALL nefarious plans be exposed AND cancelled, nullified, completely FAIL

we need to achieve 100th monkey concensus here ... to impact the Collective Consciousness and direct it towards this objective

because worry, fear, or just concern and even outrage? serve no purpose .. and actually i take that back ... they perform as negative prayer .. negative intent

so this is kinda a situation of if we're not going to take the time to help? then let's at least NOT hurt by falling into default patterns of powerlessness that will speed up our demise and cancel out the efforts that some of us are putting forth to mitigate impending damages ...

can we please unite in helping? they may have their plans? but WE have the power to deny their effectiveness!

let's do THAT! our lives are worth at least putting forth the effort!

once the people awaken to their power? it will be game over for them .. and every single day ... i see us moving in that direction .... the finish line lies before us ... all we have to do is cross it

so that any adversary

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Brigantia (8th December 2021), ClearWater (9th December 2021), DNA (8th December 2021), Ewan (13th December 2021), greybeard (8th December 2021), Hym (10th December 2021), I am B (8th December 2021), justntime2learn (11th December 2021), Mashika (10th December 2021), onevoice (11th December 2021), Pam (8th December 2021), Reinhard (8th December 2021), Richard S. (8th December 2021)

13. Link to Post #687
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,006 times in 904 posts

https://www.rt.com/uk/542507-mandato...-poll-deleted/

TV show deletes poll after 89% oppose mandatory vaccination

ITV breakfast television show ‘Good Morning Britain’ received backlash on social media after deleting a poll which showed a vast majority of respondents opposed mandatory Covid-19 vaccination.

The poll, which asked viewers whether it was “time to make vaccines mandatory” in response to the spread of the Covid-19 Omicron variant, was posted to Twitter on Tuesday and soon received more than 42,000 votes.

A whopping 89% of those who voted opposed any scheme to make vaccination mandatory, with just 11% in favor.

After the poll went viral, however, social media users noticed that it had been deleted by the Good Morning Britain Twitter account, and critics accused the program of trying to cover up the public consensus.

14. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

avid (8th December 2021), Bluegreen (14th December 2021), Brigantia (8th December 2021), ClearWater (9th December 2021), DNA (8th December 2021), Ewan (8th December 2021), greybeard (8th December 2021), Hym (10th December 2021), iota (8th December 2021), justntime2learn (11th December 2021), Mashika (10th December 2021), Pam (8th December 2021), Reinhard (8th December 2021), Richard S. (8th December 2021), Stephanie (11th December 2021), wondering (8th December 2021)

15. Link to Post #688
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,743 times in 4,314 posts

Quote Posted by Pam (here)
    This is really, really interesting. Not on face value, but the fact that the Cuomo brothers have fallen out of favor with the beast system. It's laughable to believe that CNN has any ethical journalistic concerns. They are as unethical as it gets and you could hardly say they have any true journalists employed. So all this moral high ground is ridiculous.

I remember quite awhile ago, Chris Cuomo was accused of doing something inappropriate with women. A whistle blower had recorded a conversation of Chris talking about the accusations. The reason I even remember it was because his response was so classically narcissistic. He was not so concerned about the accusations as he was about anyone thinking he would have to resort to any shenanigans to attract women.

I wonder what this is really about. They have played their parts very well, why are they supposedly being shunned by the system that they contributed so much to? Very, very interesting that they both supposedly go down over an issue of disrespecting women when we all know they are guilty of far greater things.
    I agree Pam me and my wife we were thinking the same thing.
    Did the Cuomo brothers piss somebody off?
    Remember Matt Leaur?
    That guy could do no wrong and then he drops a few surprise questions about private servers in a supposed soft ball interview with Hilary Clinton during the 2016 election days and she supposedly was pissed screaming he would never work again after the interview and sure enough she was right.

Sometimes I think it has to do with big brother Cuomo not wanting to follow through with the extent of this depopulation agenda involving vaccine mandates, maybe he wasn't willing to go all the way and was offered a retirement package?
    I think he got off easy if that's the case.
    Those people are usually much more severe with the consequences of you step out of line.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

USAA today reports:

"Rep. Devin Nunes' 10th term in Congress will be his last, as the California Republican announced Monday that he will retire at the end of the year to lead the media company being started by former President Donald Trump.

Nunes will leave the U.S. House, after being "presented with a new opportunity to fight for the most important issues I believe in," he said in a statement on Instagram.

Trump Media & Technology Group announced Monday that Nunes will be its CEO.

“I will deeply miss being your congressman. It’s been the honor of a lifetime to represent you, and I thank you for the trust you put in me through all these years," Nunes wrote on Instagram.

Nunes represents California's 22nd Congressional District which covers Tulare and Fresno counties in the Republican-leaning San Joaquin Valley. He assured his supporters that he does not plan to disappear from the public eye.

“Rest assured, I have not, by any means, given up our collective fight — I'll just be pursuing it through other means," Nunes' statement read.

The former president, who is chairman of TMTG, called Nunes "a fighter and a leader."

"Devin understands that we must stop the liberal media and Big Tech from destroying the freedoms that make America great. America is ready for TRUTH Social and the end to censorship and political discrimination," Trump said in a news release on Monday.

In the TMTG release, Nunes said, “The time has come to reopen the Internet and allow for the free flow of ideas and expression without censorship. The United States of America made the dream of the Internet a reality, and it will be an American company that restores the dream. I’m humbled and honored President Trump has asked me to lead the mission and the world-class team that will deliver on this promise.

Nunes has served in the House since 2003. He is the ranking member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and a member of the Ways and Means Committee.

In 2019, Nunes filed a lawsuit that accused Twitter of "shadow-banning conservatives" – including Nunes – while profiting from abusive behavior and language allegedly perpetrated by liberal and left-wing Twitter accounts, including @DevinCow and @DevinNunesMom, both of which are listed as defendants. In June 2020, a judge ruled Twitter could not be sued, citing Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act."

source here

very excited about the turn of events. the lowest numbers and favoring of any president in modern history belongs to the usurper. so much so? that youtube has resorted to hiding "dislikes" and other modifications in an attempt to conceal the reality that was/is a sharp contrast to the official social narrative they were complicit in endorsing and directing ...

Trump's media will blow all this out of the water as it is well expected to attract the millions of voters and supporters he has ALWAYS had, the large number of disillusioned and disenfranchised democrats whose support of a duplicitous and dishonest party can no longer justified.

again, this is indicative of movement in a positive trajectory ... so very grateful!

here is the website: https://www.tmtgcorp.com/

oh ... and btw ...

here is a special message to both Brandon and his sidekick

What the hell Trump? You are removing one of the best and one of the few honest people left in Congress. Dude?

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (9th December 2021), ClearWater (9th December 2021), Ewan (13th December 2021), Hym (10th December 2021), iota (8th December 2021), Mashika (10th December 2021), Pam (8th December 2021), Vangelo (8th December 2021), wondering (8th December 2021)

17. Link to Post #689
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DNA (here)

What the hell Trump? You are removing one of the best and one of the few honest people left in Congress. Dude?
    Lol!! right? .. actually, he will have a platform from which to cause his voice to be heard without restraints of trolls like Pelosi to swat away.

the ones left (in office)? WILL cave to the pressure an unrestrained platform will provide

ALL governments NEED at least a perception of public support in order to prevail ...

it is WHY the previous Chinese assets, Obummer and HRC whose blackberry was found to be connected to China FIRST had to remove the Smith-Mundt Act, which prohibited propaganda to United States citizens

see this article: Because the Smith-Mundt Act of 1948 was Repealed, Fake News and Propaganda Overwhelm the American People

the insertion of this into the 2013 NDAA (the National Defense Authorization Act of 2013) implemented by the treasounous administration? was the catalyst that awoke me from my pleasant delusion of an honorable government. my oldest to this day is a democrat who went personally to be in Chicago when Hussein got the nomination ... i was watching with tons of friends in Texas while on the phone with him as he was there witnessing it live ... at the time? i cried tears of joy

since then? i have cried tears of disillusionment and pain of betrayal. ... yea ... this issue snapped me out of a very pleasant dream that had no basis in reality. i understood that whoever controlled the direction of the Social Narrative? would control the people who were not yet personally empowered.

so ... as much as they like to think its their might that gives them power? it is the support of the people ~
    it is OUR power ... that gives them power ...without that? all else is vulnerable and eventually crumbles ... and the powerful today? become yesterday's has beens

he (Nunes)is going where he WILL wield considerable power

Trump too is aware that his considerable support? would have been even greater with an uncensored and unrestrained outlet .. he is correcting that mistake now

it was one of the objectives of Trump that got sabotaged by our betrayors in the Jan 6th rally .. it was intended to SHOW them the numbers he wielded ... and boy did the cowards run to get guns to barracade themselves in ... the very guns they so vehemently protest and oppose for us to have in OUR hands right?

PEOPLE ... NOT governmnets have POWER

consider today's breaking news:

when military is needed to quiet voices? that means their propaganda machine has failed to subdue and that imminent action is necessary for the preservation of their power

and that change? had best reflect or at minimum give a perception of conceeding to the will of the people

because as i stated earlier:

so ... this has been growing in escalation for some time

and today's further breaking news therefore reflects acknowlegements and good-bye's ...

Angela Merkel received a standing ovation in Germany’s Parliament as the vote to approve her successor, Olaf Scholz, got underway. His inauguration begins a new chapter for Europe’s largest democracy.

German Battle Axe Gets Booted

Olaf Scholz Elected Chancellor of Germany, Ending 16 Years of Merkel

Breitbart reports today:

"The Social Democratic Party’s Olaf Scholz has been elected Chancellor of Germany, marking the end of Angela Merkel’s 16-year reign.

Olaf Scholz, who was elected Chancellor of Germany on Wednesday, will lead a so-called “Traffic Light” coalition of left-wing parties, the Social Democratic Party of Germany (SPD, red), the Green Party, and the liberal Free Democratic Party (FDP, yellow).

The SPD-led coalition replaces Merkel’s Christian Democratic Union (CDU) led government, finally putting an end to her 16 years in power.

In a vote in the German Bundestag, Scholz received 395 votes to be elected to the position, having required 369, according to a report by Deutsche Welle. Merkel watched the vote from the visitor’s stands, the former chancellor no longer a member of parliament.

Merkel’s nominally centre-right chancellorship was often extremely controversial, being an ever-present figure during the 2008 economic crash, as well as the bailouts of Greece and Ireland.

Merkel also presided over a regime defined by the censorship of so-called “hate speech“, with her government making measures to force internet service providers to hand over data and passwords of those engaging in hate speech online.

The chancellor herself was no fan of freedom of speech, keen to emphasise its limits to the German parliament, saying in late 2019 that “expressing an opinion does not come at zero cost!”

Her involvement in the COVID crisis has also become a central point of controversy. The chancellor pushed for forced vaccination very late in her term, despite a similar regime being put in place in Austria being labelled “Corona Apartheid”.

"Merkel’s legacy however will no doubt be that of mass migration, when in the summer of 2015, she invited migrants to come to Germany, with almost one million arriving, mostly from Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

The architect of the European Migrant Crisis, Merkel’s policy towards migrants was even criticised by open borders advocate George Soros for being too lax.

Merkel’s open-borders approach to dealing with the crisis preceded a spike in terrorism, with anti-vehicle barriers quickly becoming a feature within European cities in response to attacks, notably the terror attack in 2016 by bogus Tunisian asylum seeker and Islamist Anis Amri, who mowed a stolen lorry through on a Berlin Christmas market, leaving 13 dead.

Germany itself suffered badly over Merkel’s policy, with over 1,300 women claiming to be victims of the mass sex attacks which occurred on New Year’s Eve in Cologne in 2015 by men of North African and Arabic backgrounds. Deutsche Welle admitted last year that the German media and police had been accused of being reluctant to report on the citizenship of the suspects. While other reports during Merkel’s leadership claimed that the Interior Ministry had advised police in other parts of Germany to conceal details of migrant involvement in crime as it could “stir up prejudice”.

Despite the widespread negative effects of her work on the crisis, Merkel has not expressed regret over her policy choices, saying during an interview last year that she would “make essentially the same decisions” if she had to do it all again."

source: https://www.breitbart.com/author/peter-caddle/

i hope as she exits the door that HAS been shown to her? she understands CLEARLY that it is the people who have determined that she will NOT have "the chance" to ever make these kind of decsions again

as i hope the German people reconnect with their power sooner rather than after 1300 women have been casualties and dismiss their public servants quickly in the future

ALL of which will be more easily accomplished around the world when the number ONE tool to used by our global enemies to manipulate us is silenced

MSM

only traitors and those aligned with deception to humanity everywhere voice support of MSM or attack the alternative media that seeks to expose their lies... and only fools tolerate their nonsense and subject themselves to confusion and depression from allowing what is tantamount to blatant gaslighting by subversive operatives

ALL action to SILENCE MSM and those who promote the official narrative are steps towards liberation of our friends and family from the programming they are currently subjected to and eventual liberation of the planet in general.

it is a battle for our minds

because our minds? dictate our WILL

and OUR Collective WILL? is something no earthly power has the power to withstand

Last edited by iota; 9th December 2021 at 03:18. Reason: added link, previously corrected typos and clarity to wording

so that any adversary

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Blacklight43 (9th December 2021), Brigantia (8th December 2021), ClearWater (9th December 2021), DNA (9th December 2021), Eva2 (9th December 2021), Ewan (8th December 2021), Hym (10th December 2021), Mashika (10th December 2021), Pam (9th December 2021), Patient (10th December 2021), Reinhard (9th December 2021), thepainterdoug (9th December 2021), Vangelo (9th December 2021), wondering (9th December 2021)

19. Link to Post #690
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,743 times in 4,314 posts

Lol!! right? .. actually, he will have a platform from which to cause his voice to be heard without restraints of trolls like Pelosi to swat away.

the ones left (in office)? WILL cave to the pressure an unrestrained platform will provide

ALL governments NEED at least a perception of public support in order to prevail ...

it is WHY the previous Chinese assets, Obummer and HRC whose blackberry was found to be connected to China FIRST had to remove the Smith-Mundt Act, which prohibited propaganda to United States citizens

see this article: Because the Smith-Mundt Act of 1948 was Repealed, Fake News and Propaganda Overwhelm the American People

the insertion of this into the 2013 NDAA (the National Defense Authorization Act of 2013) implemented by the treasounous administration? was the catalyst that awoke me from my pleasant delusion of an honorable government. my oldest to this day is a democrat who went personally to be in Chicago when Hussein got the nomination ... i was watching with tons of friends in Texas while on the phone with him as he was there witnessing it live ... at the time? i cried tears of joy

since then? i have cried tears of disillusionment and pain of betrayal. ... yea ... this issue snapped me out of a very pleasant dream that had no basis in reality. i understood that whoever controlled the direction of the Social Narrative? would control the people who were not yet personally empowered.

so ... as much as they like to think its their might that gives them power? it is the support of the people ~
    it is OUR power ... that gives them power ...without that? all else is vulnerable and eventually crumbles ... and the powerful today? become yesterday's has beens

Trump too is aware that his considerable support? would have been even greater with an uncensored and unrestrained outlet .. he is correcting that mistake now

it was one of the objectives of Trump that got sabotaged by our betrayors in the Jan 6th rally .. it was intended to SHOW them the numbers he wielded ... and boy did the cowards run to get guns to barracade themselves in ... the very guns they so vehemently protest and oppose for us to have in OUR hands right?

when military is needed to quiet voices? that means their propaganda machine has failed to subdue and that imminent action is necessary for the preservation of their power

and that change? had best reflect or at minimum give a perception of conceeding to the will of the people

and today's further breaking news therefore reflects acknowlegements and good-bye's ...

Angela Merkel received a standing ovation in Germany’s Parliament as the vote to approve her successor, Olaf Scholz, got underway. His inauguration begins a new chapter for Europe’s largest democracy.

Breitbart reports today:

"The Social Democratic Party’s Olaf Scholz has been elected Chancellor of Germany, marking the end of Angela Merkel’s 16-year reign.

Olaf Scholz, who was elected Chancellor of Germany on Wednesday, will lead a so-called “Traffic Light” coalition of left-wing parties, the Social Democratic Party of Germany (SPD, red), the Green Party, and the liberal Free Democratic Party (FDP, yellow).

The SPD-led coalition replaces Merkel’s Christian Democratic Union (CDU) led government, finally putting an end to her 16 years in power.

In a vote in the German Bundestag, Scholz received 395 votes to be elected to the position, having required 369, according to a report by Deutsche Welle. Merkel watched the vote from the visitor’s stands, the former chancellor no longer a member of parliament.

Merkel’s nominally centre-right chancellorship was often extremely controversial, being an ever-present figure during the 2008 economic crash, as well as the bailouts of Greece and Ireland.

Merkel also presided over a regime defined by the censorship of so-called “hate speech“, with her government making measures to force internet service providers to hand over data and passwords of those engaging in hate speech online.

The chancellor herself was no fan of freedom of speech, keen to emphasise its limits to the German parliament, saying in late 2019 that “expressing an opinion does not come at zero cost!”

Her involvement in the COVID crisis has also become a central point of controversy. The chancellor pushed for forced vaccination very late in her term, despite a similar regime being put in place in Austria being labelled “Corona Apartheid”.

"Merkel’s legacy however will no doubt be that of mass migration, when in the summer of 2015, she invited migrants to come to Germany, with almost one million arriving, mostly from Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

The architect of the European Migrant Crisis, Merkel’s policy towards migrants was even criticised by open borders advocate George Soros for being too lax.

Merkel’s open-borders approach to dealing with the crisis preceded a spike in terrorism, with anti-vehicle barriers quickly becoming a feature within European cities in response to attacks, notably the terror attack in 2016 by bogus Tunisian asylum seeker and Islamist Anis Amri, who mowed a stolen lorry through on a Berlin Christmas market, leaving 13 dead.

Germany itself suffered badly over Merkel’s policy, with over 1,300 women claiming to be victims of the mass sex attacks which occurred on New Year’s Eve in Cologne in 2015 by men of North African and Arabic backgrounds. Deutsche Welle admitted last year that the German media and police had been accused of being reluctant to report on the citizenship of the suspects. While other reports during Merkel’s leadership claimed that the Interior Ministry had advised police in other parts of Germany to conceal details of migrant involvement in crime as it could “stir up prejudice”.

Despite the widespread negative effects of her work on the crisis, Merkel has not expressed regret over her policy choices, saying during an interview last year that she would “make essentially the same decisions” if she had to do it all again."

i hope as she exits the door that HAS been shown to her? she understands CLEARLY that it is the people who have determined that she will NOT have "the chance" to ever make these kind of decsions again

as i hope the German people reconnect with their power sooner rather than after 1300 women have been casualties and dismiss their public servants quickly in the future

ALL of which will be more easily accomplished around the world when the number ONE tool to used by our global enemies to manipulate us is silenced

MSM

only traitors and those aligned with deception to humanity everywhere voice support of MSM or attack the alternative media that seeks to expose their lies... and only fools tolerate their nonsense and subject themselves to confusion and depression from allowing what is tantamount to blatant gaslighting by subversive operatives

ALL action to SILENCE MSM and those who promote the official narrative are steps towards liberation of our friends and family from the programming they are currently subjected to and eventual liberation of the planet in general.

and OUR Collective WILL? is something no earthly power has the power to withstand

I don't know if you're a man or a woman but I love you.
    I share your journey with hopes, dreams and disillusionment.
    I'm with you.
    I really enjoyed that.
    Very well done.
    That you.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Blacklight43 (9th December 2021), Brigantia (10th December 2021), ClearWater (10th December 2021), Eva2 (10th December 2021), Hym (10th December 2021), iota (9th December 2021), Mashika (10th December 2021), Pam (9th December 2021), Reinhard (9th December 2021), wondering (9th December 2021)

21. Link to Post #691
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Breitbart reports today:

MSM

I'm with you.
    I really enjoyed that.
    Very well done.
    That you.
    I'll tip a brewski to that!!! iota is a woman, and a very fine one at that!!!!

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Blacklight43 (9th December 2021), Brigantia (10th December 2021), ClearWater (10th December 2021), DNA (9th December 2021), Ernie Nemeth (9th December 2021), Hym (10th December 2021), iota (9th December 2021), Mashika (10th December 2021), Patient (10th December 2021), thepainterdoug (9th December 2021), wondering (9th December 2021)

23. Link to Post #692
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Pam (here)

I'm with you.
    I really enjoyed that.
    Very well done.
    That you.
    I'll tip a brewski to that!!! iota is a woman, and a very fine one at that!!!!
    this just made my day!!

only giant hearts can be this generous in their listening of someone!! that is really generous of both of you!!

i hold you both in pretty high regard, so really thank you!!

the times we are in sure have been challenging ...

but at least i travel in GREAT company, we hold each other up ...

and united i have faith and just know in my heart that we absolutely WILL prevail ...

Last edited by iota; 10th December 2021 at 03:57.

so that any adversary

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Brigantia (10th December 2021), ClearWater (10th December 2021), Hym (10th December 2021), Mashika (10th December 2021), Pam (10th December 2021), Patient (10th December 2021)

25. Link to Post #693
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Breaking ... the positive trajectory continues!!

Jussie Smollett Convicted of Staging Hate Crime Against Himself, Lying to Police

NTD reports:

"Actor Jussie Smollett was convicted Thursday of staging a racist, homophobic attack on himself and later lying to police about the matter.

A panel of jurors reached the verdict nearly three years after the former “Empire” actor told police that two white supporters of President Donald Trump beat him up, put a noose around his neck, and yelled slurs at him on a frigid night in Chicago in January 2019. Jurors had deliberated for about nine hours Wednesday and Thursday.

As the verdict was read in the courtroom, the 39-year-old actor stood and faced the jury, showing no visible reaction.

Smollett was found guilty on five of the six felony disorderly conduct counts he faced—one count for each separate time he was accused of lying to police in the aftermath of the alleged attack.

The count he was acquitted on was related to when he was accused of lying to a detective in mid-February 2019.

Each felony count carries a maximum sentence of three years in prison."

"Cook County Judge James Linn has yet to set a date for sentencing, but has scheduled a presentencing hearing for Jan. 27.

Smollett had pleaded not guilty to all the charges and had denied making up or orchestrating the attack, although two brothers who allegedly partook in the scheme said Smollett was the mastermind behind it.

The verdict came after a roughly one-week trial where the brothers, Abimbola and Olabinjo Osundairo, testified that Smollett recruited them to fake the attack near his home in downtown Chicago.

They said Smollett told them to put a noose around his neck and rough him up in view of a surveillance camera, and that he said he wanted video of the hoax made public via social media.

Prosecutors said that Smollett paid them $3,500 to stage the attack so he could gain publicity."

“It’s clearly a violation of the law to go to the police and report to police a fake crime and tell police it’s a real crime,” special prosecutor Dan Webb told the jury. “To outright denigrate something as serious, as heinous, as a real hate crime, to denigrate it and then make sure it involved words and symbols that have such horrible historical significance in our country was just plain wrong to do it and he did.”

But defense attorney Nenye Uche called the Osundairo brothers, who are black, “sophisticated liars” who may have been motivated to attack Smollett because of homophobia or because they wanted to be hired to work as his security.

“These guys want to make money,” he said.

Uche called it “nonsense” for Chicago police to ask Smollett for his DNA when he was still considered the victim of a crime. He noted Smollett later provided DNA to the FBI for a separate investigation into hate mail he had received at the “Empire” studio shortly before the alleged attack.

Smollett had testified that he was the victim of a real hate crime, telling jurors “there was no hoax.”

Smollett’s professional life declined after the alleged incident. He lost his role in the final season of “Empire” after prosecutors alleged the attack was a hoax.

“I’ve lost my livelihood,” he told jurors earlier this week."'

article source: https://www.ntd.com/jussie-smollett-...#comment_block

they truly have their nerve and their brazeness knows no bounds ... to be guilty beyond doubt and deny all culpability and continue the farce to attempt to play the role of a victim is bordering on pathological

and that goes for BLM and ALL others complicit in attempt to defraud the justice system and deceive trusting and unsuspecting Americans .. the media who intentionally peddles lies and operates in pure deception as well as organizations insitilling division and hatred are little more than petty criminals

ALL who are complicit are criminals, including the puppeteers who are too cowardly to ever reveal their idenities and operate in shadows where they belong

as today BLM had the audacity to proclaim:

BLM Stands With Jussie Smollett: "We Can Never Believe The Police"

source here

yes .. please stand ... so when the time comes to identify the liars and perpetrators of fraud we can be sure your part is not forgotten. no one is asking you to believe police.

it is Smollett's words and actions, the one you so proudly stand by, that speak CLEARLY of his guilt

see for yourself the proof of the acting ...in footage that should have been seen 24/7 but was instead suppressed

now ... NONE of this would have ever been attempted had he not had assurances of "support from on high" ....

the fact that "support" from a level this high failed to obtain the absolvement he EXPECTED? is phenomenal! despite the fact that he had CLEARLY lied and committed a crime AND fraud is something the Clinton gang has long engaged in with impunity. guilt for them? has only been an incovenient detail that has had little relevance in an outcome of exoneration that we have witnessed time and time again.

a guilty verdict? on ALL counts? once again, shows cracks in once a firm foundation. change is in the air and movement in a postitive trajectory IS continuing .. their united front is dividing and those they thought would "paly ball" are no longer complying ~

there are too many of us who know the truth ...

YAY! one more for team Justice!!

Last edited by iota; 10th December 2021 at 15:55.

so that any adversary

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Brigantia (10th December 2021), ClearWater (10th December 2021), Ernie Nemeth (10th December 2021), Ewan (10th December 2021), Mashika (10th December 2021), Pam (10th December 2021), Satori (10th December 2021)

27. Link to Post #694
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,063 times in 2,419 posts

BLM’s self-serving statement about the verdict asserting that you can never believe the police misses the mark. The jury did not have to believe the police. They only had to believe the two brothers, who are black, who testified against Smollett. And they did.

Hurray for trial by jury.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Brigantia (10th December 2021), ClearWater (12th December 2021), Ernie Nemeth (10th December 2021), Ewan (10th December 2021), greybeard (10th December 2021), iota (10th December 2021), Mashika (11th December 2021), Pam (10th December 2021), wondering (13th December 2021)

29. Link to Post #695
    Language
    English
    Thanks

absolutely thankful for a trial by jury!!!! here is head of BLM in NYC:

(set to start at quote)

whatever was/is behind this? is pretty darned determined! now BLM has threatened the New York City itself if New York's new mayor Eric Adams attempts olice initiatives to cut down crime:

"there WILL be riots

there WILL be violence

there WILL be bloodshed"

what gives me hope? is the mayor is CLEARLY not going to "play ball"

the new mayor is former police and he campaigned on reform promises that he says he plans to fulfill

the country really seems to be geographically divided where violence wants to dominate and other places that make it clear this will not be tolerated

anyone who cannot see that BLM introduced racism the likes of which had NOT been seen since before the 70's has likely been duped to choose a side between follower or opponent

they care not which side is chosen as they're objective was division

MSM is the designated Social Narrative Programmer

they are our enemy, and ALL they say should be scrutinized for its ulterior motive

Last edited by iota; 15th December 2021 at 18:48. Reason: removed meme

so that any adversary

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Bluegreen (14th December 2021), Brigantia (11th December 2021), Ewan (13th December 2021), Mashika (11th December 2021)

31. Link to Post #696
    Language
    English
    Thanks

just in ... so .. the fight has ended ..

has sadly been denied ... the UK court ruled today to allow his extradition to the U.S.

just giving heads up ... sigh ..

Julian Assange Loses Appeal: British High Court
    Accepts U.S. Request to Extradite Him for Trial

Greenwald reports:

"In a London courtroom on Friday morning, Julian Assange suffered a devastating blow to his quest for freedom. A two-judge appellate panel of the United Kingdom's High Court ruled that the U.S.'s request to extradite Assange to the U.S. to stand trial on espionage charges is legally valid.

As a result, that extradition request will now be sent to British Home Secretary Prita Patel, who technically must approve all extradition requests but, given the U.K. Government's long-time subservience to the U.S. security state, is all but certain to rubber-stamp it. Assange's representatives, including his fiancee Stella Morris, have vowed to appeal the ruling, but today's victory for the U.S. means that Assange's freedom, if it ever comes, is further away than ever: not months but years even under the best of circumstances.

In endorsing the U.S. extradition request, the High Court overturned a lower court's ruling from January which had concluded that the conditions of U.S. prison — particularly for those accused of national security crimes — are so harsh and oppressive that there is a high likelihood that Assange would commit suicide. In January's ruling, Judge Vanessa Baraitser rejected all of Assange's arguments that the U.S. was seeking to punish him not for crimes but for political offenses. But in rejecting the extradition request, she cited the numerous attestations from Assange's doctors that his physical and mental health had deteriorated greatly after seven years of confinement in the small Ecuadorian Embassy where he had obtained asylum, followed by his indefinite incarceration in the U.K.

In response to that January victory for Assange, the Biden DOJ appealed the ruling and convinced Judge Baraitser to deny Assange bail and ordered him imprisoned pending appeal. The U.S. then offered multiple assurances that Assange would be treated "humanely" in U.S. prison once he was extradited and convicted. They guaranteed that he would not be held in the most repressive "supermax” prison in Florence, Colorado — whose conditions are so repressive that it has been condemned and declared illegal by numerous human rights groups around the world — nor, vowed U.S. prosecutors, would he be subjected to the most extreme regimen of restrictions and isolation called Special Administrative Measures ("SAMs”) unless subsequent behavior by Assange justified it. American prosecutors also agreed that they would consent to any request from Assange that, once convicted, he could serve his prison term in his home country of Australia rather than the U.S. Those guarantees, ruled the High Court this morning, rendered the U.S. extradition request legal under British law.

What makes the High Court's faith in these guarantees from the U.S. Government particularly striking is that it comes less than two months after Yahoo News reported that the CIA and other U.S. security state agencies hate Assange so much that they plotted to kidnap or even assassinate him during the time he had asylum protection from Ecuador. Despite all that, Lord Justice Timothy Holroyde announced today that “the court is satisfied that these assurances” will serve to protect Assange's physical and mental health.

The effective detention by the U.S. and British governments of Assange is just months shy of a full decade. Ecuador granted Assange asylum in August 2012 on the ground that his human rights were imperiled by U.S. attempts to imprison him for his journalism. For the next seven years, Assange remained in that embassy — which is really a tiny apartment in central London — with no outdoor space other than a tiny balcony, which he typically feared using due to the possibility of assassination. Ecuador withdrew its asylum in 2019 after its sovereignty-protective president Rafael Correa was succeeded in office by the meek and submissive Lenin Moreno. Trump officials led by then-Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Ambassador Richard Grenell persuaded and coerced the new Ecuadorian president to withdraw Assange's asylum protection, clearing the way for London police to enter the building and arrest him on April 11, 2019. Ever since, Assange has been imprisoned in the high-security Belmarsh prison, described in the BBC in 2004 as “Britain's Guantanamo Bay.” He has thus spent close to seven years inside the embassy and two years and eight months inside Belmarsh: just five months shy of a decade with no freedom.

The British government justified Assange's 2019 arrest by pointing to pending charges of “bail-jumping": meaning that he sought and obtained legal asylum from Ecuador in 2012 rather than attend a scheduled hearing in a British court over whether he should be extradited to Sweden to be questioned about claims of sexual assault made by two Swedish women. Swedish prosecutors closed that investigation in 2017, citing the time that had elapsed. But once he was arrested, Assange was sentenced by a British judge on the bail-jumping charges to 50 weeks in prison, close to the maximum punishment allowed by law (one year). With the Swedish case closed, Assange was set to finally be free after he served that 50-week jail term.

Knowing Assange's release was finally imminent, the U.S. Government quickly acted to ensure he remained in prison indefinitely. In May 2019, it unveiled an 18-count felony indictment against him for espionage charges, based on the role he played in WikiLeaks’ 2010 publication of the Iraq and Afghanistan War Logs and diplomatic cables, which revealed multiple war crimes by the U.S. and U.K. as well as rampant corruption by numerous U.S. allies throughout the world. Even though major newspapers around the world published the same documents in partnership with WikiLeaks — including The New York Times, The Guardian, El Pais and others — the DOJ claimed that Assange went further than those newspapers by encouraging WikiLeaks’ source, Chelsea Manning, to obtain more documents and by trying to help her evade detection: something all journalists have not only the right but the duty to their sources to do.

Because the acts of Assange that serve as the basis of the U.S. indictment are acts in which investigative journalists routinely engage with their sources, press freedom and civil liberties groups throughout the West vehemently condemned the Assange indictment as one of the gravest threats to press freedoms in years. In February, following Assange's victory in court, “a coalition of civil liberties and human rights groups urged the Biden administration to drop efforts to extradite” Assange, as The New York Times put it.

That coalition — which includes the ACLU, Amnesty International, the Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University and the Committee to Protect Journalists — warned that the Biden DOJ's ongoing attempt to extradite and prosecute Assange is “a grave threat to press freedom,” adding that “much of the conduct described in the indictment is conduct that journalists engage in routinely — and that they must engage in in order to do the work the public needs them to do.” Kenneth Roth, Director of Human Rights Watch, told The New York Times that “most of the charges against Assange concern activities that are no different from those used by investigative journalists around the world every day.” Shortly after the indictment was issued, I explained in a Washington Post op-ed why the theory on which the indictment was based “would make journalism a felony” (and indeed, just eight months after I wrote that op-ed warning of the dangers to all journalists, the Brazilian government copied the U.S. indictment of Assange and the theories it embraced in its unsuccessful effort to prosecute me for the reporting I did that exposed corruption by senior Brazilian security officials and prosecutors). “Brazil’s Attack on Greenwald Mirrors the US case against Assange,” was the headline used by the Columbia Journalism Review to condemn the charges against me as a blatant retaliatory act against my reporting.

But the Biden administration — led by officials who, during the Trump years, flamboyantly trumpeted the vital importance of press freedoms — ignored those pleas from this coalition of groups and instead aggressively pressed ahead with the prosecution of Assange. The Obama DOJ had spent years trying to concoct charges against Assange using a Grand Jury investigation, but ultimately concluded back in 2013 that prosecuting him would pose too great a threat to press freedom. But the Biden administration appears to have no such qualms, and The New York Times made clear exactly why they are so eager to see Assange in prison:
    "Press freedom groups have warned Assange's prosecution is a grave threat. The Biden DOJ ignored them, and today won a major victory toward permanently silencing the pioneering transparency activist.

"In other words, the Biden administration is eager to see Assange punished and silenced for life not out of any national security concerns but instead due to a thirst for vengeance over the role he played in publishing documents during the 2016 election that reflected poorly on Hillary Clinton and the Democratic National Committee. Those documents published by WikiLeaks revealed widespread corruption at the DNC, specifically revealing how they cheated in order to help Clinton stave off a surprisingly robust primary challenge from Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT). WikiLeaks’ reporting led to the resignation of the top five DNC officials, including its then-Chair, Rep. Debbie Wassserman Schultz (D-FL). Democratic luminaries such as Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and Al Gore's 2000 campaign chair Donna Brazile both said, in the wake of WikiLeak's reporting, that the DNC cheated to help Clinton.

Press freedom groups expressed indignation this morning over the U.K.'s ruling approving Assange's extradition. Rebecca Vincent, Director of International Campaigns and UK Bureau Director for the international press freedom group Reporters Without Borders, said: “This is an utterly shameful development that has alarming implications not only for Assange’s mental health, but also for journalism and press freedom around the world.” The organizational statement issued this morning from Reporters Without Borders went further:

We condemn today’s decision, which will prove historic for all the wrong reasons. We fully believe that Julian Assange has been targeted for his contributions to journalism, and we defend this case because of its dangerous implications for the future of journalism and press freedom around the world. It is time to put a stop to this more than decade-long persecution once and for all. It is time to free Assange.
    "The Freedom of the Press Foundation (on whose Board I sit) issued a statement this morning which described the ruling as “an alarming setback for press freedom in the United States and around the world.” The group's Executive Director, Trevor Timm, said that “these proceedings, and today's ruling, are a black mark on the history of press freedom,” adding: "That United States prosecutors continued to push for this outcome is a betrayal of the journalistic principles the Biden administration has taken credit for celebrating.”

It is difficult at this point to avoid the conclusion that Julian Assange is not only imprisoned for the crime of journalism which exposed serious crimes and lies by the west's most powerful security state agencies, but he is also a classic political prisoner. When the Obama DOJ was first pursuing the possibility of prosecution, media outlets and liberal advocacy groups were vocal in their opposition. One thing and only one thing has changed since then: in the interim, Assange published documents that were incriminating of Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party, and Democrats, as part of their long list of villains who they blamed for Clinton's defeat (essentially everyone in the world except Clinton and the Democratic Party itself), viewed WikiLeaks' reporting as a major factor in Trump's victory.

That is why they and their liberal allies in corporate media harbor so much bloodlust to see Assange imprisoned. Julian Assange is a pioneer of modern journalism, a visionary who was the first to see that a major vulnerability of corrupt power centers in the digital age was mass data leaks that could expose their misconduct. Based on that prescient recognition, he created a technological and journalistic system to enable noble sources to safely blow the whistle on corrupt institutions by protecting their anonymity: a system now copied and implemented by major news organizations around the world.

Assange, over the last fifteen years, has broken more major stories and done more consequential journalism than all the corporate journalists who hate him combined. He is not being imprisoned despite his pioneering journalism and dissent from the hegemony of the U.S. security state. He is imprisoned precisely because of that. The accumulated hostility toward Assange from employees of media corporations who hate him due to professional jealousy and the belief that he undermined the Democratic Party, and from the U.S. security state apparatus which hates him for exposing its crimes and refusing to bow to its dictates, has created a climate where the Biden administration and their British servants feel perfectly comfortable imprisoning arguably the most consequential journalist of his generation even as they continue to lecture the rest of the world about the importance of press freedoms and democratic values.

No matter the outcome of further proceedings in this case, today's ruling means that the U.S. has succeeded in ensuring that Assange remains imprisoned, hidden and silenced into the foreseeable future. If they have not yet permanently broken him, they are undoubtedly close to doing so. His own physicians and family members have warned of this repeatedly. Citizens of the U.S. and subjects of the British Crown are inculcated from birth to believe that we are blessed to live under a benevolent and freedom-protecting government, and that tyranny only resides in enemy states. Today's judicial approval by the U.K. High Court of the U.S.'s attack on core press freedom demonstrates yet again the fundamental lie at the heart of this mythology.

Correction, Dec. 10, 8:52 a.m. ET: This article was edited to reflect that Assange's sentence for bail-jumping was fifty weeks in prison, not fifty months as originally indicated."

article https://greenwald.substack.com/p/jul...appeal-british

additional sources:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-55562207

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/euro...es-extradition

https://apnews.com/article/julian-as...ign=SocialFlow
    Last edited by iota; 11th December 2021 at 08:49. Reason: inserted court image and formatted

so that any adversary

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Eva2 (11th December 2021), Ewan (11th December 2021), greybeard (11th December 2021), Kryztian (16th December 2021), Mashika (11th December 2021), Stephanie (11th December 2021)

33. Link to Post #697
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Demo-crazy at its best

"We want to kill this guy"

No you can't

"Are you sure?"

Ok have the guy, but it was 'legal' and 'within the law'

"Right on"

Newsfakers: "Today is a win for demo-crazy!"

* 2 months later no one will remember who he was
    Tired

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Eva2 (11th December 2021), Ewan (11th December 2021), greybeard (11th December 2021), iota (11th December 2021), Sunny-side-up (11th December 2021), wondering (13th December 2021)

35. Link to Post #698
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Western Capitalism is a complete, absolute, shameless sham

https://www.rt.com/russia/542998-nor...certification/
    QuoteWe continue to feel responsible for ensuring that Ukraine’s gas transit business remains successful. The same goes for future opportunities,” Scholz said during a joint press conference with Polish PM Mateusz Morawiecki earlier in the day.
    Russia has to pay Ukraine, so that Ukraine buys weapons from the US to directly kill Russians, and constantly threaten them day by day. That's how the game is. Then if Russia has a better product, it has to be denied, because money won't go to the aggressive nazi country to help them build their killing machine once more. Capitalism at its best? Free market? Blah?

This is beyond being retarded. Just like mafia. "You will sell to who we tell you to sell, or your knees will be broken, chose fast, and chose smart"

That's how it works, so it seems

ETA: Why isn't Germany or Ukraine buying "Freedom Molecules" from the US instead? This is so childish, "pay me so i can buy a gun to kill you! I demand it!"
    Last edited by Mashika; 13th December 2021 at 03:06.
    Tired

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Ewan (13th December 2021), gini (13th December 2021)

37. Link to Post #699
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Nevermind! See this, now this has become meme level intelligence, i wonder how the people who finds this acceptable ever managed to grow up

Measuring sticks for covid

Tired

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

iota (15th December 2021), TargeT (13th December 2021), wondering (13th December 2021)

39. Link to Post #700
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Malisa (here)
    Western Capitalism is a complete, absolute, shameless sham
    at this point, it almost seems unfair to call it capitalism.

"Evidence of cocaine has reportedly been discovered in the toilets nearest Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
    :
    so....

uhh, have any of you been to the east coast?

I heard a great quote once... "the more money you make, the more you realize drug use is ubiquitous and ignored the higher rung on the class ladder you are" (I probably got it wrong.. but yeah.. the point stands.)

this seems like one of those "gotcha" moves that twitter does because if you read their rules,,, basically everyone is potentially in violation depending on interpretation..... if that makes sense...

I mean... just look at the current 3rd in line for president.....

Last edited by TargeT; 13th December 2021 at 06:29.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bluegreen (14th December 2021), Ewan (13th December 2021), iota (15th December 2021), Mashika (13th December 2021), modini (13th December 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 87 FirstFirst 1 25 35 45 85 87 LastLast