Thread: BREAKING NEWS ~ Continuously Updated

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS ~ Continuously Updated

digging a little deeper into the Hologram theme it seems that there have been some new and exciting developments in the field

SYFI WIRE reports:

"When the first Star Wars movie came out in 1977, Leia could have never imagined there would eventually be something that was a level up from R2-D2 when it came to sending hologram messages.

Imagine Leia had appeared to Obi-Wan and Luke as if she had stepped through a portal. They would also see her life-size and in full color, not that ghastly shade of blue that made her look like a cosmic ghost. Now PORTL has come up with the first hologram machine ever that can do that. Plug it in and you can tell Obi-Wan he’s your only hope in minutes. It works just as well in daylight as it does in darkness as black as the void of space. It is also completely self-contained and much more user-friendly than R2, who had to endure a few glitches and repairs before he he was beep-booping again.

Here’s another thing the droid couldn’t do: PORTL can beam in both live and pre-recorded holograms in 4K resolution. R2 was just an answering machine.

“PORTL is the most versatile hologram device on the market,” PORTL CEO and inventor David Nussbaum told SYFY WIRE. “PORTL allows for multiple machines to be networked together so an entertainer can beam into 100 cities around the world simultaneously with the ability to hear, see, and interact with their global audiences.”

"Right now, one of these machines—which wowed con-goers at San Diego Comic Con in 2019 (above and in the video)—will set you back $60K. PORTL machines are materializing around the world at malls, airports and museums. Nussbaum is looking to miniaturize this technology to eventually make it available to everyone. It will be capable of all the effects that the full-size studio has, from the portal illusion to the eerily lifelike holograms, but accessible from a device closer to the size of a laptop or tablet. Nussbaum is optimistic.

“When we offer it to the consumer market, The Mini PORTL will be hologram Zoom, meets virtual Alexa, mixed with the exclusive content opportunities similar to Peloton or Masterclass,” he said."

source:
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/portl-...o-someone-else
    Last edited by iota; 23rd December 2020 at 11:25.
    We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (24th December 2020), onevoice (24th December 2020), Sadieblue (23rd December 2020), thepainterdoug (23rd December 2020), wegge (23rd December 2020)

3. Link to Post #42
    Language
    English
    Thanks

breaking and will begin shortly ...

LIVE: Georgia House of Representatives Hearing on Election Irregularities 12/23/20

so that any adversary

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (24th December 2020), Journeyman (23rd December 2020), Sadieblue (24th December 2020)

5. Link to Post #43
    Language
    English
    Thanks

he's gone ... good bye

Click image for larger version

Name:	U.S. Attorney General William Barr departs his home in McLean, Virginia. Win McNamee - Getty Im.jpeg
Views:	76
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	45557
    U.S. Attorney General William Barr departs his home in McLean, Virginia. Win McNamee/Getty Images

here is an excerpt of Barr's resignation letter where Barr praises the president effusively, saying that he is:

“greatly honored that you called on me to serve your Administration and the American people once again as Attorney General.”

“I am proud to have played a role in the many successes and unprecedented achievements you have delivered for the American people,” Barr writes. He continues:

Your record is all the more historic because you accomplished it in the face of relentless, implacable resistance. Your 2016 victory speech in which you reached out to your opponents and called for working together for the benefit of the American people was immediately met by a partisan onslaught against you in which no tactic, no matter how abusive and deceitful, was out of bounds. The nadir of this campaign was the effort to cripple, if not oust, your Administration with frenzied and baseless accusations of collusion with Russia."

Vox writes:

"This is a truly remarkable statement, given that Barr was tasked with overseeing the conclusion of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Barr has made no secret of his distaste for the Russia probe, and he made controversial moves that critics say undercut Mueller’s work, from misleadingly framing Mueller’s findings in an early summary to questionable interventions in the cases of former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn and Trump associate Roger Stone, both of whom were charged in the special counsel’s investigation.

source:
    https://www.vox.com/2020/12/14/22175...torney-general

NOTE: President Trump has now fully pardoned both Roger Stone (today) and General Flynn

UPDATE: Barr will be replaced by Deputy Attorney General Jeff Rosen, which follows the ordinary course for the succession of power in the department.

who knew there was music in him?

and, at the time? what having our New York elected official flanked on both sides by Chinese operatives meant, right?
    Last edited by iota; 24th December 2020 at 07:20. Reason: add pic and caption

so that any adversary

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Antagenet (27th December 2020), Ba-ba-Ra (24th December 2020), Sadieblue (24th December 2020)

7. Link to Post #44
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The President of the United States has just tweeted on the story i began this thread with:

Name:	President Trump's Tweet on Attack.png
Views:	107
Size:	871.6 KB
ID:	45559

He now shows a picture of the rockets.

since the Tweet is not working, here is the link:
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...48611131822083

Quote Posted by avid (here)
    Until ‘new’ reports are confirmed, please don’t ‘muddy the waters’
    Appreciation for enthusiasm on web ‘reports’, but this is almost a ‘Before It’s News’ scenario...
    Quote Posted by Heartsong (here)
    If it's speculation, it's not news.
    Quote Posted by viking (here)

With respect Iota, Most Avalonions research before posting...not sure how this thread will benefit anyone.

Viking

Also the title is misleading needs to be ‘Breaking News Stories’

Just saying.....

Viking
    so unless now YOU would like to dispute the information of the leader of our country? it turns out that not only are you ill mannered and presumptuous and and out of line to impose what YOU want on another (me) ?

you were also completely wrong

an apology would be nice

if you felt completely at liberty to express and attempt to enforce your UNASKED for opinion, putting me in a position to have to defend and justify my choices to you, total strangers? while i was just trying to provide something of benefit, not harm or bother anyone? well, please allow me to give you mine since your behavior DID ask for it?

that was most ungracious and outrageous to presume to impose YOUR will, YOUR standards, YOUR expectations on another (me)...

we all have opinions, most of us just wouldn't dream of attempting to coerce another to appease us, and if this lack of respect is the way you conduct yourself in your personal relationships? imposing on them what you think

they SHOULD
    or
    they NEED to?

its likely that more apologies are in order

and since i am a human being that is different than you? (and i have it on good account that ALL of us are?) the chances are that in the future i (and others) may just do something again that doesn't meet with your approval. so let's go ahead and prepare for that possibility ok?

so, i would appreciate it if the next time something i do doesn't meet exactly with
    YOUR expectations or YOUR approval?

that you don't feel free to impose them on me or reduce me to someone in need of your approval again ... thanks
    Last edited by iota; 25th December 2020 at 14:30.

so that any adversary

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (24th December 2020), Sadieblue (24th December 2020), selinam (24th December 2020)

9. Link to Post #45
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote Posted by iota (here)
    so unless now YOU would like to dispute the information of the leader of our country? it turns out that not only are you ill mannered and presumptuous and and out of line to impose what YOU want on another (me) ?

an apology is in order

if you felt completely at liberty to express and attempt to enforce your UNASKED for opinion, putting me in a position to have to defend and justify my choices to you, total strangers? while i was just trying to provide something of benefit, not harm or bother anyone? well, please allow me to give you mine since your behavior DID ask for it.

that was most ungracious and outrageous to presume to impose YOUR will, YOUR standards, YOUR expectations on another (me)...

we all have opinions, most of us just wouldn't dream of attempting to coerce another to appease us, and if this lack of respect is the way you conduct yourself in your personal relationships? imposing on them what you think

they SHOULD
    or
    they NEED to?

and since i am a human being that is different than you? (and i have it on good account that ALL of us are?) the chances are that in the future i (and others) may just do something again that doesn't meet with your approval. so let's go ahead and prepare for that possibility ok?

so, i would appreciate it if the next time something i do doesn't meet exactly with

that you don't feel free to impose them on me or reduce me to someone in need of your approval again ... thanks
    Geez iota, take a chill pill it's all gonna be okay.

First off, a close up picture of 3 rockets on a Twitter feed contains no more evidence of anything in particular than the original videos did, even if it's from dear leader.

And people are allowed to disagree with, and/or question things other members post, that's part of being a discussion forum. I didn't see anyone being rude to you.
    Last edited by Gracy; 24th December 2020 at 11:29.

10. Link to Post #46
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)

an apology is in order

if you felt completely at liberty to express and attempt to enforce your UNASKED for opinion, putting me in a position to have to defend and justify my choices to you, total strangers? while i was just trying to provide something of benefit, not harm or bother anyone? well, please allow me to give you mine since your behavior DID ask for it.

they SHOULD

or
    they NEED to?

that you don't feel free to impose them on me or reduce me to someone in need of your approval again
    ... thanks
    Geez iota, take a chill pill it's all gonna be okay.

First off, a close up picture of 3 rockets on a Twitter feed contains no more evidence of anything in particular than the original videos did, even if it's from dear leader.

And people are allowed to disagree with, and/or question things other members post, that's part of being a discussion forum. I didn't see anyone being rude to you.
    Dear Gracy

since it didn't happen to you? it's not your place to determine my feelings on MY experience, right?

even if you disagree? i get to feel what i feel

i was so sweet and patient with them initially, and they just continued ...

sorry if you felt this was an opening for your to insert or decide what that should be. i notice you do that a LOT

or that i was asking for your approval on my feelings or opinion on HOW i should feel

i really wasn't.

i wasn't looking for suggestions on how to respond nor was i up to further requests for further justification.

but thanks .. since it was perfectly polite and logical i'm fine with my response

if you wouldn't mind re-reading it with your self in mind? i highlighted a few applicable points

PS i don't think i've seen more than one post of you actually contributing or providing information, but i've seen plenty of your opinion on how we SHOULD feel or spiced with sarcasm at our views in support of our President.

i'm sorry you don't think we should feel as we do towards him,

i'm even sorrier you choose to spend so much time expressing it to us, as soon as i saw you in here when i posted? i had no doubt you were going to tell me how i SHOULD be feeling about this too.

again, let's just take it as a given, that i'm likely to think differently than you, like different things than you do, and make different choices than you would. and that's just life, ok? i'm not looking for your approval on any of it, ok? and i really would prefer to not have this conversation again.
    Last edited by iota; 24th December 2020 at 20:40.

so that any adversary

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (24th December 2020), Sadieblue (24th December 2020), selinam (24th December 2020), sunflower (24th December 2020)

12. Link to Post #47
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Dear Gracy

since it didn't happen to you? it's not your place to determine my feelings on MY experience, right?

Alright, mod hat on here.

iota. It’s not my concern what you think, what you post, how you feel, or whether we’re in agreement on any given issue. All I’m asking is that you not be so mortally offended by, and having a go at, anyone who is not in full agreement with you, and dares express it.

This is not a blog, it’s a discussion forum, and people are free to respectfully disagree.

13. Link to Post #48
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    Dear Gracy

Alright, mod hat on here.

iota. It’s not my concern what you think, what you post, how you feel, or whether we’re in agreement on any given issue. All I’m asking is that you not be so mortally offended by, and having a go at, anyone who is not in full agreement with you, and dares express it.

This is not a blog, it’s a discussion forum, and people are free to respectfully disagree.

there is nothing even faintly or remotely objective about your very subjective "mortally offended" interpretation which would be an essential aspect of moderating.

as there was nothing even remotely inappropriate of my response

as the case had nothing to do with disagreement on a subject, which would be not only appropriate, but encouraged

the objection, to which i have every right is in regards specifically with ME (personally)
    HOW i do things and WHY?

which is precisely YOUR transgression

and as i asked them to STOP that

now i'm asking you

(i had much earlier sent PM requesting anything else continue there not here)
    Last edited by iota; 25th December 2020 at 11:24.

so that any adversary

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (24th December 2020), Sadieblue (25th December 2020), selinam (24th December 2020), sunflower (24th December 2020)

15. Link to Post #49
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,573 times in 2,645 posts

Iota, I posted a complimentary comment to you regarding the new proposed thread, about ‘muddying the waters’.
    This was a constructive observation that if all those new ‘breaking news’ items were hidden under a thread on an open forum, many folk would never see or commentate, on your thread, therefore cancelling out ‘news’, whether relevant or irrelevant. So, the ‘breaking news’ should always be posted as separate threads, to ensure maximum research and diagnoses on our forum.
    Thank you for your absolute enthusiasm, and your valuable research on the current situation in the USA.
    I understand your frustration in these times of conflict, and hope truth will overcome adversity. All the best Avid
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (24th December 2020), Brenya (24th December 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (24th December 2020), iota (24th December 2020), onevoice (24th December 2020), palehorse (24th December 2020), sunflower (24th December 2020)

17. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 times in 191 posts

I think this thread is important. If others don’t that’s fine. Live and let live a little- no harm here. We are all doing our best right now.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to selinam For This Post:

Antagenet (27th December 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (24th December 2020), iota (24th December 2020)

19. Link to Post #51
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Iota, I posted a complimentary comment to you regarding the new proposed thread, about ‘muddying the waters’.
    This was a constructive observation that if all those new ‘breaking news’ items were hidden under a thread on an open forum, many folk would never see or commentate, on your thread, therefore cancelling out ‘news’, whether relevant or irrelevant. So, the ‘breaking news’ should always be posted as separate threads, to ensure maximum research and diagnoses on our forum.
    Thank you for your absolute enthusiasm, and your valuable research on the current situation in the USA.
    I understand your frustration in these times of conflict, and hope truth will overcome adversity. All the best Avid
    got it Avid ... and appreciate your desire to be constructive

there is just a difference between "i think" (suggestion)

and statements of SHOULD (that is a directive and does not leave open avenue to choose otherwise)

and even now, the "suggestion" aspect is a little bit obscured and sounds more like a directive ...

i actually coach people on this subject

everyone we know is subjected to well meaning folks who don't realize that their "suggestions" are not leaving enough "wiggle room" to clarify respect that the person they are making the 'suggestion' to is an adult, perfectly capable of thinking for themselves.

if we don't communicate that it was JUST a "suggestion" ~ and if the person thinks otherwise, THEIR ideas would be respected? ... then that point is not understood because it is not made

because its kinda my subject? i can't fail to give example of how to effectively communicate and/or terminate unwanted infringements

because by the same token, people can't be expected to "know" what one has failed to communicate, right? they are NOT responsible for our UNspoken input ...

in personal relationships that usually creates a breakdown of relationships because people want their own agency

yours alone, might have been ok ... but it kinda turned into a free for all with everyone chiming in what they "thought" it should look like or how it should be instead of implement THEIR ideas in THEIR own projects and leaving me (allowing me) to do mine in mine ...

granting THIS thread at least as much validity as their ideas of what it "SHOULD", you see? and when it seemed to snowball? that really derailed the thread. all the excitement at this shinny new project seemed to get mud thrown on it ..

not very nice and i wouldn't do that to someone .... anyone else would have been completely discouraged and given up, even i was a little deflated ... does that make sense?

now what i wanted here?

i was tired of Twitter being the "source", they disrespect our President, the President of the United States!

he speaks (or tries to), they chime in, stepping in to "evaluate" him and censor
    (maybe i was relating a bit, hahahaha)

so anyways as i explained at the onset the intention here, is quick news or stories or what is being discussed right now

just to give a heads up

some will be fleeting news for the day

others may gain legs and someone might want to start and dedicate a whole thread to it

either way ... that is THIS thread. and it would be great if those that like the idea and can support, enjoy or contribute? visit here, and others find the things they enjoy and visit there ...

we're good Avid, and thanks for taking the time to explain and thanks for noticing the work i have put into my contributions here!

Last edited by iota; 24th December 2020 at 21:44.

so that any adversary

20. Link to Post #52
    Language
    English
    Thanks

apparently the President addressed the Nation last night ... and NONE of the major stations carried it. It begins in this video at 1;30
    it is short but very important communication to our nation ... as would be ANY time our President speaks

start at 1:30 to skip intro. placed here because the news did NOT make it available elsewhere .. so it goes in "news" classification until carried widely

in this speech, he CLEARLY outlines to the American Public what happened giving concrete examples.

my takeaway? he is not giving up and he has no plans on leaving

Last edited by iota; 24th December 2020 at 21:39.

so that any adversary

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Antagenet (27th December 2020), Arcturian108 (25th December 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (24th December 2020), Eva2 (24th December 2020), palehorse (26th December 2020), Rosco1 (25th December 2020), Sadieblue (25th December 2020)

22. Link to Post #53
    Language
    English
    Thanks

and statements of SHOULD (that is a directive and does not leave open avenue to choose otherwise)

and even now, the "suggestion" aspect is a little bit obscured and sounds more like a directive ...

everyone we know is subjected to well meaning folks who don't realize that their "suggestions" are not leaving enough "wiggle room" to clarify respect that the person they are making the 'suggestion' to is an adult, perfectly capable of thinking for themselves.

if we don't communicate that it was JUST a "suggestion" ~ and if the person thinks otherwise, THEIR ideas would be respected? ... then that point is not understood because it is not made

because its kinda my subject? i can't fail to give example of how to effectively communicate and/or terminate unwanted infringements

because by the same token, people can't be expected to "know" what one has failed to communicate, right? they are NOT responsible for our UNspoken input ...

in personal relationships that usually creates a breakdown of relationships because people want their own agency

yours alone, might have been ok ... but it kinda turned into a free for all with everyone chiming in what they "thought" it should look like or how it should be instead of implement THEIR ideas in THEIR own projects and leaving me (allowing me) to do mine in mine ...

granting THIS thread at least as much validity as their ideas of what it "SHOULD", you see? and when it seemed to snowball? that really derailed the thread. all the excitement at this shinny new project seemed to get mud thrown on it ..

not very nice and i wouldn't do that to someone .... anyone else would have been completely discouraged and given up, even i was a little deflated ... does that make sense?

now what i wanted here?

i was tired of Twitter being the "source", they disrespect our President, the President of the United States!

he speaks (or tries to), they chime in, stepping in to "evaluate" him and censor

so anyways as i explained at the onset the intention here, is quick news or stories or what is being discussed right now

just to give a heads up

others may gain legs and someone might want to start and dedicate a whole thread to it

either way ... that is THIS thread. and it would be great if those that like the idea and can support, enjoy or contribute? visit here, and others find the things they enjoy and visit there ...

we're good Avid, and thanks for taking the time to explain and thanks for noticing the work i have put into my contributions here!

I'm glad you think we’re ‘good’ Iota, however, despite my years of lecturing/working with many ages of students, you still wish to quibble on the word ‘should’. Yes, you are correct, ‘should’ is an ‘order’, but a hopeful solution.
    I am done with parrying your insecurities, just get to the point in your observations without all the typo-variations/accentuations. Done.
    and er..

23. The Following User Says Thank You to avid For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (24th December 2020)

24. Link to Post #54
    Language
    English
    Thanks

now what i wanted here?

just to give a heads up

I'm glad you think we’re ‘good’ Iota, however, despite my years of lecturing/working with many ages of students, you still wish to quibble on the word ‘should’. Yes, you are correct, ‘should’ is an ‘order’, but a hopeful solution.
    I am done with parrying your insecurities, just get to the point in your observations without all the typo-variations/accentuations. Done.
    ok ... sorry i offended Avid ... and yes, i will always object to a "should", continued ORDERS or personal attacks directed my way. i'm not a child. but my apology is sincere. i do not wish to offend you. and i would very much like the subject closed. Merry Christmas

Last edited by iota; 24th December 2020 at 22:21.

so that any adversary

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

avid (24th December 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (24th December 2020)

26. Link to Post #55
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Deborah (ahamkara)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 times in 417 posts

Hello friends. I think these are trying times and it’s nice to see two members disagree then agree to disagree. Avalon has been special to me all these years for just that reason. Members have many different opinions and viewpoints and while we might react emotionally at times, in the end reason usually prevails. Ideas, opinions, reaction, perspectives- it is all constantly shifting and changing. New information forces us to challenge old preconceptions. For me, I see my ego constantly being challenged, so I know how hard it is to walk away from what I see as a personal challenge.

In my experience, threads sometimes take on a life of their own and twist and turn in quite unexpected ways!, it’s quite the ride. Merry Christmas and A Return to Light. Much love to all.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deborah (ahamkara) For This Post:

avid (24th December 2020), iota (24th December 2020), Satori (24th December 2020), selinam (25th December 2020)

28. Link to Post #56
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Deborah (ahamkara) (here)
    Hello friends. I think these are trying times and it’s nice to see two members disagree then agree to disagree. Avalon has been special to me all these years for just that reason. Members have many different opinions and viewpoints and while we might react emotionally at times, in the end reason usually prevails. Ideas, opinions, reaction, perspectives- it is all constantly shifting and changing. New information forces us to challenge old preconceptions. For me, I see my ego constantly being challenged, so I know how hard it is to walk away from what I see as a personal challenge.

In my experience, threads sometimes take on a life of their own and twist and turn in quite unexpected ways!, it’s quite the ride. Merry Christmas and A Return to Light. Much love to all.
    However, when I am inundated with vile threatening derogatory pms from Iota, that is absolutely NOT acceptable.
    Last edited by avid; 24th December 2020 at 22:55.
    and er..

29. Link to Post #57
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Deborah (ahamkara) (here)

yes so true ... for me the subject is closed ... thank you so much! ... that was lovely ...

Last edited by iota; 25th December 2020 at 01:16.

so that any adversary

30. The Following User Says Thank You to iota For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (26th December 2020)

31. Link to Post #58
    Language
    English
    Thanks

in an UNexpected turn of events, a

Law suit has been filed against Vice President Pence

Name:	Pence.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	45568

RAW STORY reports:

"The lawsuit names Pence as a defendant due to his "legal obligations under the Constitution and federal law" to preside over Congress's ratification of the presidential election that's due to take place on January 6th.

Take advantage of our limited time offer. Go ad-free for just $2 a week. Support independent journalism.
    The suit claims that Pence should not be allowed to count the electoral college's votes because state legislatures have not "affirmatively voted to certify the Presidential electors," despite the fact that the electoral college has already voted and given Biden 306 votes, which is more than what he needs to win the presidency.

"The Vice President and U.S. Congress act unconstitutionally in this election and future elections when they count votes of Presidential electors where the respective state legislature has not affirmatively voted in favor of post-election certification," the lawsuit states."

SALON also reports:

"The lawsuit names Pence as a defendant due to his "legal obligations under the Constitution and federal law" to preside over Congress's ratification of the presidential election that's due to take place on January 6th.

The suit claims that Pence should not be allowed to count the electoral college's votes because state legislatures have not "affirmatively voted to certify the Presidential electors," despite the fact that the electoral college has already voted and given Biden 306 votes, which is more than what he needs to win the presidency.

"The Vice President and U.S. Congress act unconstitutionally in this election and future elections when they count votes of Presidential electors where the respective state legislature has not affirmatively voted in favor of post-election certification," the lawsuit states.

the pdf of the suit here:
    https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-c...-complaint.pdf

SALON:
    https://www.salon.com/2020/12/23/tru...pence_partner/

RAW STORY:
    https://www.rawstory.com/mike-pence-lawsuit/

i'm not sure how to interpret this. that Republicans are serious about not allowing an illegal coup to take place, i understand and that level of insistence IS what it will take.

but what i'm wondering is if sufficient reason exist to DOUBT the loyalty of the Vice President. here Newsmax played a short clip of the words and promises he has made:

Vice President Pence stated, specifically "and i PROMISE you this ..

"Come Jan. 5th, we are going to hold the line in the Senate and reelect a Republican majority, as our election
    continues we are going to keep fighting until every legal vote is counted and every illegal vote is thrown out."
    in case the tweet does not show, here is the link:
    in case the tweet does not show, here is the link:

it looks like Patriots are wanting to ENSURE he keeps his promise

as an added note, he has plans to leave the United States immediately after, National File reports:

"Vice President Mike Pence plans to oversee the Electoral College vote on January 6th, and then leave the country for a trip to Israel, Bahrain, and Poland.
    Politico reported last week that Vice President Pence is tentatively planning a trip to the countries of Israel, Bahrain, and Poland, and will be leaving the country directly after he takes charge of counting the Electoral College votes in Congress on January 6th. One Pence ally told Politico that the timing of the trip is “anything but coincidental.”

“On the surface, the trip is part of a push to underscore the Trump administration’s role in brokering a series of diplomatic agreements to normalize relations between Israel and a handful of Arab countries, including Bahrain,” Politico notes. “[But the Israel trip also] allows Pence… to put distance between himself and Trump’s complaints about the election outcome that are likely to intensify after Congress affirms Biden’s win.”

read here:
    https://nationalfile.com/pence-plans...ca-for-israel/
    Last edited by iota; 26th November 2021 at 23:08.

so that any adversary

32. The Following User Says Thank You to iota For This Post:

Antagenet (27th December 2020)

33. Link to Post #59
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Also the title is misleading needs to be ‘Breaking News Stories’

Just saying.....

Viking
    please don't Viking ...

i like my title, thanks

PM me for anything else off topic please

(just FYI ~ I (and most people that operate under fostering of personal power)

have INTENTIONALLY deleted the words "NEED to" and "SHOULD" from our vocabulary a good 10 or 20 yrs ago

and we would NEVER dream of infringing upon another directives of what they NEED to or SHOULD...

just not our thing to infringe our will upon another in that way ... out of respect...

Word up! Fanks. It's well important. I needs not use need to and shoulds not say should. It's whack.

Speak pretty. Total REspect

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

iota (25th December 2020), TargeT (25th December 2020)

35. Link to Post #60
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Walmart turning records over to ATF and removing more guns

if you or someone you know has recently purchased a gun at Walmart, you might want to watch this short video. he begins at :54

it was a little weirdly synchronistic that i came across this video on the same day i came across this article.

there are about 7 days left in the year ... how many other days this year did i read on gun control or see video on the subject? ---- ZERO

so ... in my world? that means this is important that i communicate ... besides, today? for some odd reason? THIS is what people are talking about!

the video being of primary importance, the article just corroborating piece to bring my focus and attention to the subject

here is the article i found today as well

The year 2020 has been a record one for firearms sales. (John Roark/AP)

Name:	The year 2020 has been a record one for firearms sales. (John Roark - AP).jpg
Views:	78
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	45570

American gun sales soar to staggering record high in 2020

Pass the ammo.

While 2020 has been a bummer year for millions of Americans, one significant winner has been firearms.

Still about 60 days until year’s end, U.S. gun sales have hit an all-time national high, according to the National Shooting Sports Foundation.

The previous record for firearm sales occurred in 2016.

The surge, not surprisingly, coincides with the onset of the COVID-19 outbreak in March.

“Everybody went to the grocery stores first to stock up on food, then they went to the gun stores,” Eric Wallace, the owner of the Georgia business Adventure Outdoors explained to CBS MoneyWatch on Tuesday.

Gun sales are expected to boom even more with the ensuing winter holidays as November and December are usually among the most active months of the year for firearm sales, noted the industry trade group.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation states that a staggering 17.2 million background checks were performed in 2020 — nearly 1.5 million more than in 2016.

Firearm purchases have risen every month since March, according to data, and more than 1.7 million background checks were conducted in October alone — nearly a 60% jump over the same period in 2019, notes MoneyWatch.

A man leaves a gun store in Casselberry, Fla., in March. (Joe Burbank/AP)

Name:	A man leaves a gun store in Casselberry, Fla., in March. (Joe Burbank - AP.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	45571

(SIDE NOTE: Seriously? .. A line? for GUNS? .. and not Black Friday? )

The group also adds that nearly 5 million Americans bought a firearm for the first time in 2020, pointing to factors that include the pandemic and nationwide protests against police brutality.

“Politically charged calls to defund police also continue to spur sales,” the foundation stated.

Presidential hopeful Joe Bien has proposed tougher gun rules, including the prohibition of assault-style weapons and high-capacity magazines, noted MoneyWatch.

“We saw a little bit of a slowdown in April and May, but it has been crazy every month since,” said Wallace. “It’s mostly the civil unrest and the talk on the news about defunding the police. People have decided they need to take action to protect themselves, their families and their homes.”

source:
    https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...wfm-story.html
    Last edited by iota; 25th December 2020 at 04:58.

so that any adversary

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Antagenet (27th December 2020), Sadieblue (26th December 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 1 3 13 53 86 LastLast