1. Link to Post #61
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS ~ Continuously Updated

Quote Posted by iota (here)
    VISITING "BAD WEBSITES" WILL LOWER YOUR CREDIT SCORE, SAYS IMF
    I read the imf blog post, and they say no such thing.

The words "Bad Websites" is not a quote from the IMF as is implied by the quote marks, but this is the framing applied by blacklistednews.com.

Using credit puts you at the mercy of your creditor. If for whatever reason you decide do it, you will be doing it under their terms - and they will use fintech automation to assist with the process of sorting people they want to do business with from people they do not.

The IMF are not saying this will happen either, it *is* happening.

The use of data harvested from consumers of "free stuff" who willingly hand over that data is already pervasive. Institutional creditors will use every inhumane method at their disposal to maximize their profits. Usury being immoral is not a concept they understand - because everyone is doing it, right up to the nation states who project "soft power" this way.

As we move to a more co-operative world, we will see the antidote to this, which is rather simple: don't use institutional creditors.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Ben (25th December 2020), ClearWater (25th December 2020), Franny (28th December 2020), iota (25th December 2020), onevoice (25th December 2020), Reinhard (26th December 2020), Sadieblue (26th December 2020), wondering (25th December 2020)

3. Link to Post #62
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

Quote Posted by Anchor (here)
    VISITING "BAD WEBSITES" WILL LOWER YOUR CREDIT SCORE, SAYS IMF
    I read the imf blog post, and they say no such thing.

The words "Bad Websites" is not a quote from the IMF as is implied by the quote marks, but this is the framing applied by blacklistednews.com.

Using credit puts you at the mercy of your creditor. If for whatever reason you decide do it, you will be doing it under their terms - and they will use fintech automation to assist with the process of sorting people they want to do business with from people they do not.

The use of data harvested from consumers of "free stuff" who willingly hand over that data is already pervasive. Institutional creditors will use every inhumane method at their disposal to maximize their profits. Usury being immoral is not a concept they understand - because everyone is doing it, right up to the nation states who project "soft power" this way.

As we move to a more co-operative world, we will see the antidote to this, which is rather simple: don't use institutional creditors.
    you're right the IMF article itself doesn't use that specific term

the sources that used the specific wording:

"VISITING "BAD WEBSITES" WILL LOWER YOUR CREDIT SCORE, SAYS IMF"

are these:

https://www.blacklistednews.com/arti...core-says.html

https://usahitman.com/vbwwlycssimf/

https://twitter.com/BKaysac/status/1342049301950832640

http://www.thepeoplesvoice.org/TPV3/...tes-will-lower

https://www.reddit.com/r/scandinavia...r_your_credit/

https://www.google.com/url?client=in...9PAnfJMdehheE1

and a few others ..

was just reporting what people are talking about and so i used the exact wording that they were using ....
    i guess everyone took "license"

i think the reason SO many people were talking about this is because so very FEW are even aware of it

which was the reason i posted it in the first place ... i hope they don't figure it out too late ..

Last edited by iota; 25th December 2020 at 10:12.
    We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Ben (25th December 2020), Icare (26th December 2020), Sadieblue (26th December 2020), wondering (25th December 2020)

5. Link to Post #63
    Language
    English
    Thanks

is there like some sort of "hazing" ritual for newly involved Avalon members maybe that somebody might have forgotten to give me the "heads up" on?

Last edited by iota; 25th December 2020 at 14:51.

so that any adversary

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Antagenet (27th December 2020), Ba-ba-Ra (25th December 2020), Sadieblue (26th December 2020)

7. Link to Post #64
    Language
    English
    Thanks

you made VERY important points Anchor

but they are moving towards a cashless solution, if that takes place? credit itself, as in having or not having, will be less of a factor overall as payment methods themselves WILL be impacted.

a rather important point, i think ... is that in order TO "dock" you for your activity? they need to have KNOWLEDGE OF said activity ... breaches of privacy that are more than intrusive

speaking of THIS subject, one of the worst offenders is Google. First as THE shapers of the official narrative by censoring search results, they own Youtube and they were most definitely a factor in the current election going so far as ELECTION INTERFERENCE .... the Veritas part starts @4:15

i once saw a video where they had a phone that was not connected to a carrier, so (no service). then the phone itself was powered off. so a normal person would make the "reasonable" assumption that the phone was OFF ... as in no, information being transmitted ...

the creators of the video went to a hospital, a park and a library.

when they got back and looked for information available on computer? they were able to track their EVERY move

but it wasn't JUST the places visited

it was HOW many steps they took walking in the park, and how long they sat in the car before they got out to walk.

THAT was mind blowing for me.

they track WHO we are
    WHO we communicate with
    WHAT we communicate
    WHEN we do it
    and for how long

then they DOCUMENT this and keep it in storage for later use, if any

if someone told me, let's say an "ex" was doing this?

i would be completely freaked out! ... perhaps consider taking action to protect myself

basically Google knows more about us than:

our mother
    our brother
    and our lover

put together ..

i, personally, have NO Idea HOW long i sit in the car before i come inside the house

WHY does Google need that info?

that night i sat down to turn off as much of Google related features on my cell phone

it was around midnight

i didn't finish til 5 am

was NOT very happy

and more than a little spooked

and its been going on for a long, long, long time

this article is more than 10 yrs old!

"Google admits collecting Wi-Fi data through Street View cars"

"German request for data audit reveals the web giant 'accidentally' stored payload information from open networks

Google has been accidentally gathering extracts of personal web activity from domestic wifi networks through the Street View cars it has used since 2007, it said last night."

full article here:
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...g-private-data

this article by WSJ (unbelievably):

Google Exposed User Data, Feared Repercussions of Disclosing to Public

Google opted not to disclose to users its discovery of a bug that gave outside developers access to private data. It found no evidence of misuse.

read article here:
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/google-...lic-1539017194

and the questions are WHY do they have the RIGHT to collect this personal data?

and HOW are they going to be held accountable for its breach?

and do we or do we NOT get a say in this?

just a couple of years ago, they had another data breach that exposed more than 52 million people's data ... NONE i bet were aware of the intrusion nor of the exposure. the headline was:

A New Google+ Blunder Exposed Data From 52.5 Million Users

A month after Google had already decided to shut down Google+, a new bug made its problems much, much worse.

"IN OCTOBER, GOOGLE dramatically announced that it would shut down Google+ in August 2019, because the company had discovered through an internal audit (and a simultaneous Wall Street Journal exposé) that a bug in Google+ had exposed 500,000 users' data for about three years. Maybe it should have pulled the plug sooner.

On Monday, Google announced that an additional bug in a Google+ API, part of a November 7 software update, exposed user data from 52.5 million accounts.

Or as Google puts it, "some users were impacted."

article here:
    https://www.wired.com/story/google-p...-data-exposed/

luckily, there are now lawsuits against them, but i'm not sure it is the consumers who will benefit and almost certainly our rights and privacy will not be returned or a choice afforded us. we have threads detailing specifics on this forum ...

the "convenience" they afford may in the end, prove to be very, very costly i fear ...

** UPDATE **

i thought i'd seen a thread on this already here, but couldn't find it in advance search.so i posted article below ...

the story isn't breaking today ... its been about a week ... but i don't see it covered yet so just did a post to give "heads up" initial info
    here

Last edited by iota; 25th December 2020 at 10:28.

so that any adversary

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (25th December 2020), ClearWater (25th December 2020), Franny (28th December 2020), Icare (26th December 2020), kfm27917 (29th December 2020), pueblo (29th December 2020), Reinhard (25th December 2020)

9. Link to Post #65
    Language
    English
    Thanks

wow ... i thought i'd seen a thread on the new lawsuits filed against Google, i guess it wasn't here .... this would probably be a good one to keep up with as it develops ..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Google Christmas.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	45572

Dozens of states file anti-trust lawsuit against Google (38)

"DENVER (AP) — Dozens of more states are joining an escalating effort to prove Google has been methodically abusing its power as the internet's main gateway in a way that hurts consumers habitually feeding personal information into its search engine and advertisers pouring billions of dollars into its vast marketing network.

The lawsuit was filed Thursday in federal court in Washington by attorneys general of 35 states as well as the District of Columbia and the territories of Guam and Puerto Rico. It seems likely to be combined with a similar complaint by the the U.S. Department of Justice in late October that is also trying to defuse Google's dominance of online search and digital advertising.

“Consumers are denied the benefits of competition, including the possibility of higher quality services and better privacy protections. Advertisers are harmed through lower quality and higher prices that are, in turn, passed along to consumers,” Colorado Attorney General Phil Weiser said in announcing the action.

In a blog post, Google's director of economic policy, Adam Cohen, said big companies should be scrutinized, and Google is prepared to answer questions about how it works.

“But this lawsuit seeks to redesign search in ways that would deprive Americans of helpful information and hurt businesses’ ability to connect directly with customers. We look forward to making that case in court, while remaining focused on delivering a high-quality search experience for our users," he said.

The case is the third antitrust salvo to slam Google during the past two months as the U.S. Department of Justice and attorneys general from across the U.S. weigh in with their different variations on how they believe the company is abusing its immense power to do bad things that harm other businesses, innovation and even consumers who find its services to be indispensable.

“There’s not been a cluster of cases of this significance since the 1970s,” said William Kovacic, a law professor at George Washington University and a former chairman of the Federal Trade Commission, pointing to the recent spate of antitrust actions by the states, the Justice Department and the FTC. “This is a big deal.”

The DOJ brought an antitrust suit against AT&T in 1974 that led to its breakup.

In many ways, the flurry of U.S. antitrust suits represent an attempt to catch up with European regulators who have spent the past several years trying to crack down on Google, mostly with huge fines, to little noticeable effect so far.

The latest lawsuit echoes the allegations brought by the federal government. But it goes beyond them by seeking to stop Google from becoming dominant in the latest generation of technology, such as voice-assistant devices and internet-connected cars, as well as claiming that the company discriminates against specialized search providers that provide travel, home repair and entertainment services, and denies access to its search-advertising management tool, SA360, to competitors such as Bing."

source here:
    https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...e-15811494.php

so that any adversary

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Antagenet (27th December 2020), Ba-ba-Ra (25th December 2020), ClearWater (25th December 2020), Icare (26th December 2020), onevoice (25th December 2020), Sadieblue (26th December 2020)

11. Link to Post #66
    Language
    English
    Thanks

** TODAY ** 8:20pm GMT

Asteroid bigger than the Statue of Liberty will fly
    past Earth on Christmas Day, NASA says

"An asteroid bigger than the Statue of Liberty will fly past Earth at 8:20pm GMT on Christmas Day, according to data from NASA's Center for Near Earth Studies.

"The asteroid, called 2014 SD224, will come within 0.02019 astronomical units, or nearly 1.9 million miles, from the Earth's surface.

2014 SD224 has a diameter anywhere between 302 and 690 feet (92 to 210 metres) – meaning it could be more than twice the size of the Statue of Liberty (305 feet) or bigger than Salisbury Cathedral (404 feet).

As 2014 SD224 flies past Earth, it will be travelling at a speed of 10 kilometres per second or more than 22,000 miles per hour – roughly 30 times the speed of sound.

Despite being around eight times further out than the Moon,
    the asteroid is classed as a near Earth object (NEO) and is being tracked by the space agency."

Asteroid 2014 SD224 (also known as 501647) and its trajectory in relation to the orbits of the planets in our Solar System. Earth's orbit is in light blue

Although 2014 SD224 – which can be tracked on NASA's website – is at a distance of 1.9 million miles away, this is relatively close in astronomical terms.

For this reason, 2014 SD224 is defined by NEO, although it's not expected to do damage.

NEOs are an asteroid or comet whose orbit brings it into or through a zone between approximately 91 million and 121 million miles (195 million km) from the Sun, meaning that it can pass within about 30 million miles (50 million km) of Earth’s orbit.

If the object is larger than 460 feet (140 meters) across, it is considered a potentially hazardous object (PHO).

'NEOs are comets and asteroids that have been nudged by the gravitational attraction of nearby planets into orbits that allow them to enter the Earth’s neighbourhood,' said NASA.

'Composed mostly of water ice with embedded dust particles, comets originally formed in the cold outer planetary system while most of the rocky asteroids formed in the warmer inner solar system between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter.

'The scientific interest in comets and asteroids is due largely to their status as the relatively unchanged remnant debris from the solar system formation process some 4.6 billion years ago.'

According to publicly available NASA data, there have been 24,629 NEOs discovered, as of Tuesday.

It is estimated that there are about 25,000 near-Earth objects (NEOs) larger than 460 feet (140 metres).

And there are also an estimated 1,000 NEOs larger than 3,280 feet (one kilometre), highlighting the need to keep track of these space rocks.

On average, Earth is hit by a football pitch-sized rock every 5,000 years,

and a Civilization-Ending
    asteroid every one million years,

according to NASA's Near-Earth Object Program."

NEOs are an asteroid or comet whose orbit brings it into or through a zone between approximately 91 million and 121 million miles (195 million km) from the Sun, meaning that it can pass within about 30 million miles (50 million km) of Earth’s orbit (stock image)

'By continually searching for asteroids, we expect to eventually find the majority of the hundred-meter-scale asteroids over time, as each happens to pass by our planet many years or decades before a possible potential impact,' Paul Chodas, director at NASA's Center for Near Earth Studies, told Newsweek.

'We have already inventoried over 95 percent of the really large asteroids (1 kilometer or 0.62 miles in size and larger) and we know that none of them has any chance of impacting over the next century.'

The space rock, dubbed '2020 VT4', was only spotted 15 hours after its closest approach by the Asteroid Terrestrial-impact Last Alert System on Mauna Loa, Hawaii.

Had it come much closer, the 16 to 33 feet (5 to 10 metre) wide body would have burned up in the atmosphere over the South Pacific.

Its orbit brought it about the same distance from the Earth as the International Space Station, making it the closest asteroid to pass by Earth on record to date."

article:
    https://www.lipstickalley.com/thread...-says.4232444/

i'm sorry did everyone catch that? let's go over that once more:

1.) a NEO is an asteroid or comet whose orbit brings it into or through a zone between approximately 91 million and 121 million miles (195 million km) from the Sun, meaning that it can pass within about 30 million miles (50 million km) of Earth’s orbit.

NEO = 30 million miles of Earth’s orbit.

and last Friday the 13th? THIS HAPPENED:

Last month, it was revealed an asteroid the size of a London bus
    missed the Earth by just 240 miles (386 km) – on Friday 13th

by just 240 miles

not million miles .. just regular 240

this would have been nice to have had "heads up" about ... i'm thinking ...
    Last edited by iota; 29th June 2021 at 16:49. Reason: removed attachment and replaced with text needed space for attachments

so that any adversary

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (25th December 2020), Ben (25th December 2020), Eva2 (25th December 2020), Icare (26th December 2020), Reinhard (26th December 2020), Sadieblue (26th December 2020), selinam (26th December 2020)

13. Link to Post #67
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The President of the United States,
    Donald J. Trump and his wife, Melania's Christmas message to our country

First Lady Melania's Beautiful Christmas Decorations in the White House:

Merry Christmas Everyone May the Miracle of Christmas
    Restore to us our Peace and our Country
    y
    Last edited by iota; 27th December 2020 at 08:17.

so that any adversary

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Antagenet (27th December 2020), ClearWater (25th December 2020), Eva2 (25th December 2020), Sadieblue (26th December 2020), selinam (26th December 2020)

15. Link to Post #68
    Language
    English
    Thanks

asking for a friend ...

so that any adversary

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Antagenet (27th December 2020), Icare (26th December 2020), kfm27917 (29th December 2020), norman (25th December 2020), Reinhard (26th December 2020), Sadieblue (26th December 2020)

17. Link to Post #69
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,249 times in 232 posts

The President of the United States,
    Donald J. Trump and his wife, Melania's Christmas message to our country

First Lady Melania's Beautiful Christmas Decorations in the White House:

Merry Christmas Everyone May the Miracle of Christmas
    Restore to us our Peace and our Countr
    y
    Is this breaking news?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mypos For This Post:

Ben (26th December 2020), wondering (26th December 2020)

19. Link to Post #70
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

is there like some sort of "hazing" ritual for newly involved Avalon members maybe that somebody might have forgotten to give me the "heads up" on?

Absolutely there is /jk
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

iota (26th December 2020), wondering (26th December 2020)

21. Link to Post #71
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

apparently the President addressed the Nation last night ... and NONE of the major stations carried it. It begins in this video at 1;30
    it is short but very important communication to our nation ... as would be ANY time our President speaks

start at 1:30 to skip intro. placed here because the news did NOT make it available elsewhere .. so it goes in "news" classification until carried widely

in this speech, he CLEARLY outlines to the American Public what happened giving concrete examples.

my takeaway? he is not giving up and he has no plans on leaving

Actually this was a great discourse. He said one thing towards the end:

"..now is the time, the american people to raise their voices and demand this injustice be immediately corrected.."

basically it is, people get on the streets now with Trump flags and show how many you are.

I think this would give a nice Thread if there is nothing yet.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Franny (26th December 2020), Icare (26th December 2020), iota (26th December 2020), Reinhard (26th December 2020), Sadieblue (26th December 2020)

23. Link to Post #72
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by palehorse (here)
    apparently the President addressed the Nation last night ... and NONE of the major stations carried it. It begins in this video at 1;30
    it is short but very important communication to our nation ... as would be ANY time our President speaks

start at 1:30 to skip intro. placed here because the news did NOT make it available elsewhere .. so it goes in "news" classification until carried widely

in this speech, he CLEARLY outlines to the American Public what happened giving concrete examples.

my takeaway? he is not giving up and he has no plans on leaving

Actually this was a great discourse. He said one thing towards the end:

"..now is the time, the american people to raise their voices and demand this injustice be immediately corrected.."

basically it is, people get on the streets now with Trump flags and show how many you are.

I think this would give a nice Thread if there is nothing yet.
    i think so too Palehorse!! if it gets started? i will surely be in there supporting and contributing to it!!

i most definitely resonate with that line of thought!

Last edited by iota; 26th December 2020 at 05:36.

so that any adversary

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

palehorse (26th December 2020), Philippe (26th December 2020), Reinhard (26th December 2020), Sadieblue (26th December 2020)

25. Link to Post #73
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Employers can bar unvaccinated employees from the workplace, EEOC says

"With the first doses of Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine now being administered in the U.S., the federal government is giving employers around the country the green light to require immunization for most workers.

In general, companies have the legal right to mandate that employees get a COVID-19 shot, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) said Wednesday. More specifically, employers are entitled — and required — to ensure a safe workplace in which "an individual shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of individuals in the workplace." That can mean a company requiring its workforce to be vaccinated.

The Americans with Disabilities Act limits an employer's ability to require workers to get a medical examination. But the EEOC's latest guidance clarifies that getting vaccinated does not constitute a medical exam. As a result, ordering employees to get a COVID-19 shot would not violate the ADA.

Not all employees must get vaccinated, according to the agency. Employees with either a disability or "sincerely held" religious beliefs that prevent them from getting inoculated are exempt, according to the EEOC, which is charged with enforcing laws against workplace discrimination.

"If they do require it, an employee can make a request for an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act or Title VII, and if they do request the accommodation, the employer has an obligation to see if accommodation is possible," said Helen Rella, a workplace attorney at Wilk Auslander, a New York law firm.

In cases like these, an employer must attempt to make a reasonable accommodation for the worker, like allowing them to work from home, for example. If that's not possible, however, and unvaccinated individuals pose a potential threat to either themselves or to others, a company has the right under employment law to exclude them from physically entering the workplace.

Notably, that doesn't mean an employer may summarily fire a worker who declines to be vaccinated. They could be eligible for unpaid leave or other similar entitlements under federal, state and local laws, according to the EEOC.

"At some point, if they are on job-protected unpaid leave, that might rise to the level of undue hardship. But it would be on a case-by-case basis," said Sharon Masling, a workplace attorney at Morgan Lewis in Washington, D.C., and former chief of staff to an EEOC commissioner.

But the agency's guidance does mean that if a worker's job can't be done remotely and there's no reasonable way to accommodate the person's wish not to be vaccinated, then the employer can terminate their employment.

"The logical conclusion is that if no possible accommodation can be made and the employee's job requires that they be in the physical workplace — and they pose a direct threat to the safety of the workplace or others — that yes, they could be terminated," Rella said."

source:
    https://www.lipstickalley.com/thread...ccine.4210682/

this will be of increasing importance as soon as the vaccines begin to be widely distributed ... so more on this to follow at relevant time

so that any adversary

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Franny (28th December 2020), Harmony (27th December 2020), kfm27917 (29th December 2020), palehorse (26th December 2020), pueblo (26th December 2020)

27. Link to Post #74
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

Employers can bar unvaccinated employees from the workplace, EEOC says

"With the first doses of Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine now being administered in the U.S., the federal government is giving employers around the country the green light to require immunization for most workers.

In general, companies have the legal right to mandate that employees get a COVID-19 shot, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) said Wednesday. More specifically, employers are entitled — and required — to ensure a safe workplace in which "an individual shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of individuals in the workplace." That can mean a company requiring its workforce to be vaccinated.

The Americans with Disabilities Act limits an employer's ability to require workers to get a medical examination. But the EEOC's latest guidance clarifies that getting vaccinated does not constitute a medical exam. As a result, ordering employees to get a COVID-19 shot would not violate the ADA.

Not all employees must get vaccinated, according to the agency. Employees with either a disability or "sincerely held" religious beliefs that prevent them from getting inoculated are exempt, according to the EEOC, which is charged with enforcing laws against workplace discrimination.

"If they do require it, an employee can make a request for an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act or Title VII, and if they do request the accommodation, the employer has an obligation to see if accommodation is possible," said Helen Rella, a workplace attorney at Wilk Auslander, a New York law firm.

In cases like these, an employer must attempt to make a reasonable accommodation for the worker, like allowing them to work from home, for example. If that's not possible, however, and unvaccinated individuals pose a potential threat to either themselves or to others, a company has the right under employment law to exclude them from physically entering the workplace.

Notably, that doesn't mean an employer may summarily fire a worker who declines to be vaccinated. They could be eligible for unpaid leave or other similar entitlements under federal, state and local laws, according to the EEOC.

"At some point, if they are on job-protected unpaid leave, that might rise to the level of undue hardship. But it would be on a case-by-case basis," said Sharon Masling, a workplace attorney at Morgan Lewis in Washington, D.C., and former chief of staff to an EEOC commissioner.

But the agency's guidance does mean that if a worker's job can't be done remotely and there's no reasonable way to accommodate the person's wish not to be vaccinated, then the employer can terminate their employment.

"The logical conclusion is that if no possible accommodation can be made and the employee's job requires that they be in the physical workplace — and they pose a direct threat to the safety of the workplace or others — that yes, they could be terminated," Rella said."

source:
    https://www.lipstickalley.com/thread...ccine.4210682/

this will be of increasing importance as soon as the vaccines begin to be widely distributed ... so more on this to follow at relevant time
    This is why it is important to be the owner of your own business.

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Alecs (26th December 2020), Ba-ba-Ra (26th December 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (26th December 2020), greybeard (26th December 2020), Gwin Ru (27th December 2020), Harmony (27th December 2020), iota (26th December 2020), justntime2learn (26th December 2020), Metaphor (26th December 2020), palehorse (28th December 2020), TomKat (27th December 2020), wegge (26th December 2020)

29. Link to Post #75
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,087 times in 20,639 posts

Each breath a gift...

30. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

iota (27th December 2020)

31. Link to Post #76
    Language
    English
    Thanks

sad to announce a fellow community where truth was shared and censorship denied has gone silent

Name:	Voat has shut down.png
Views:	80
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	45599

you can read why here

thanks for everything ... may the seeds that were planted find their way to fertile soil and bear much fruit everywhere that they were spread ...

Last edited by iota; 27th December 2020 at 23:42.

so that any adversary

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Antagenet (27th December 2020), kfm27917 (29th December 2020), palehorse (28th December 2020)

33. Link to Post #77
    Language
    English
    Thanks

JUST IN -

Widespread power outages reported in Mexico,
    including in the capital Mexico City

+20 Mexican states without power. Blackout in nearly all major Mexican cities including Mexico City and Guadalajara, according to local media.

tweet link in case doesn't show:
    https://twitter.com/disclosetv/statu...68954317922305

so that any adversary

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Eva2 (29th December 2020), greybeard (28th December 2020), JRS (29th December 2020), kfm27917 (29th December 2020), palehorse (29th December 2020), selinam (29th December 2020), Sue (Ayt) (31st December 2020), ulli (28th December 2020)

35. Link to Post #78
    Language
    English
    Thanks

12-29-20

Repair Shop Owner at Center of Hunter Biden Scandal Sues Twitter

[CENTER]

The repair shop owner who obtained a laptop computer that appeared to have belonged to Hunter Biden is suing Twitter for defamation, claiming he was unfairly branded a “hacker” by the social media platform’s content moderation policies.

John Paul Mac Isaac, who owned a computer repair shop in Delaware, said weeks earlier that he was forced to close down after death threats in the wake of the laptop saga, released a video challenging the narrative that the computer was hacked.

A New York Post article detailing the contents of the laptop that purportedly belonged to former Vice President Joe Biden’s son, Hunter, was initially banned by Twitter. The company cited its hacked materials policy.

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey told Congress in October that the company didn’t know if the materials were from a hack. The story “showed the direct materials and screenshots of the materials and it’s unclear how they were obtained.” Dorsey said Twitter’s team made a mistake.

The Mac Store where Hunter Biden's Computer was taken

Isaac is now suing the tech company for defamation in U.S. District Court, claiming in his lawsuit that Twitter decided to “communicate to the world that [Mac Isaac] is a hacker.”

The lawsuit (pdf) alleges that following Twitter’s moderation he was personally threatened, his business received negative reviews and threats, and that he is now “widely considered a hacker.”

Twitter acted with “malicious intent” in claiming that Isaac hacked the laptop that appeared to have belonged to Hunter Biden, the lawsuit states.

The lawsuit seeks a public retraction from Twitter and $500 million in damages.

Isaac said in his video earlier this month that it’s “completely absurd” that he was labeled a Russian agent or under the influence of Russia.

“Another term that I’ve been labeled—which unfortunately is a death sentence in my industry—is ‘hacker.’ For the record, I am not, nor have I ever been, a hacker. Those guys make so much more money than I did. I was hired, and never paid, to perform a data transfer from a MacBook Pro to an external hard drive,” he said.

“The signed paperwork clearly states the process and sets the expectations. There’s no magic or Hollywood; the process is no different than dragging and dropping from a USB drive. The only difference is that I had to perform some surgery on the Mac to get it to boot to the point where I could recover the data. To imply that I’m a hacker and that that information is hacked has had an irreversible impact on my business and my character.”

Hunter Biden is under investigation by the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Delaware. Prosecutors have declined to comment, citing Department of Justice policy about not commenting on ongoing investigations.

Twitter didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment by The Epoch Times.

Zachary Stieber contributed to this report.

From The Epoch Times
    https://www.ntd.com/repair-shop-owne...er_546237.html

here is the video that John Paul Mac Isaac (the owner of the shop) made ...
    you'll have to see and come to your own conclusions on this one ....

like seriously

Last edited by iota; 29th December 2020 at 09:13.

so that any adversary

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

ClearWater (31st December 2020), onevoice (29th December 2020), selinam (29th December 2020)

37. Link to Post #79
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Absolutely there is /jk
    first of all Anchor ... there is something VERY important i've been meaning to say to you:

so that any adversary

38. The Following User Says Thank You to iota For This Post:

ClearWater (31st December 2020)

39. Link to Post #80
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Jeffrey Epstein’s Former Cell Mate Is Dead, With No Further Explanation

National File announced:

Five months after being released from jail for contracting COVID-19, Jeffrey Epstein's former cell mate has died.
    by TOM PAPPERT December 28, 2020

"Five months after being released from jail due to contracting COVID-19, Efrain “Stone” Reyes, has died. Neither his lawyer nor the Southern District of New York have issued a public comment on his death.
    A misleading headline from the New York Daily News indicated that Reyes, who was the last man to share a cell with Jeffrey Epstein before the billionaire pedophile’s alleged suicide, died from complications related to COVID-19. In reality, Reyes’ niece indicated she believed his life was shortened due to COVID-19, but noted that he recovered from the disease in the more than five months since he contracted it.

Reyes’ niece, Angelique Lopez, told New York Daily News, “I can’t say COVID didn’t play a part (in his death). He came back coughing more than normal. His lungs weren’t the same.”

Reyes was released in April and died five months later in September. His death was not reported publicly until today.

According to the press, the Medical Examiner has not determined the cause of Reyes’ death. The New York Daily News notes that “He suffered from heart problems and was diabetic,” but does not claim that he contracted COVID-19 a second time before his death.

According to Lopez, Reyes told her that Epstein was abused by both guards and inmates while incarcerated, and feared reprisal should he report the misbehavior:

Name:	Quote of Epstein's cell mate.png
Views:	75
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	45622

More than a year after Epstein allegedly committed suicide while in a New York jail cell, only hours after being removed from suicide watch, the pedophile’s sordid legacy continues to ripple through American politics.

Ghislaine Maxwell, Epstein’s longtime girlfriend and alleged madam, recently admitted to flying on Jeffrey Epstein’s “Lolita Express” airplane with former President Bill Clinton.

article:
    https://nationalfile.com/jeffrey-eps...r-explanation/

so that any adversary

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

kfm27917 (29th December 2020), Sadieblue (29th December 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst 1 4 14 54 87 LastLast