+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 87 FirstFirst 1 6 16 56 87 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING NEWS ~ Continuously Updated

1. Link to Post #101
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,880 times in 2,121 posts

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS ~ Continuously Updated

Me too
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

iota (3rd January 2021), Sadieblue (3rd January 2021)

3. Link to Post #102
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

NOW

the New York Post:

Slim margins, COVID-19 absences threaten Nancy Pelosi’s Speaker election

What would ordinarily be a day of celebration Sunday as new representatives flock to the US Capitol for swearing-in has Democrats sweating over the re-election for their leader, Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

With Pelosi’s party holding only 222 seats — and with an unknown number of representatives sidelined by COVID-19 — things may get complicated.

Under House rules, the first order of business for a new Congress is the election of a speaker. Until one person wins an outright majority of representatives who are present for the vote, no other business can be done.

But the Democrats’ new caucus gives Pelosi little room to maneuver — with only five votes more than the 217 she would need to win a new term as speaker.

And that’s if everyone shows up for the vote. At least two Democrats, Reps. Gwen Moore (D-Wis.) and Rick Larsen (D-Wash.), have tested positive for the coronavirus since Dec. 23 — and under CDC guidelines should remain in quarantine.

And up to a dozen Democrats have promised their constituents not to support Pelosi for another turn in the powerful role. Ten of the 15 moderates who voted against her in 2019 are returning to Congress for new terms, and several — including Reps. Conor Lamb (D-Pa.), Jared Golden (D-Maine) and Elissa Slotkin (D-Mich.) — have pledged to oppose her.

article here

ok ... session 6 of voting has just completed

at every point McCarthy has been in the lead sometimes by a margin of as many as 20 votes!

right now it is:

Pelosi ~ 187

McCarthy ~ 189

of note is that McCarthy has lost NO votes

of Democrats, 2 dissented and voted other

3 voted present

they had a Democrat who TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID come in ...

we need loads of calls on this ....

if you are reading this? please intend/pray/focus on the END of Fraud

the END of being deceived and manipulation! The crumbling of the structures that have upheld it and let it serve to mitigate the fraud and deception wants to come in and govern our FREEDOM and our LIVES

its time

LIVE BROADCAST here

about to begin last round of voting ... and then? c'est toute

** UPDATE **

the original roll call ended and count was

Mc Carthy 194

Pelosi 189

and now, inexplicably they are giving the ones who did not answer the first time, a chance to answer and VOTE now ...

we must hold fast to TRUTH prevailing

Pelosi 216 McCarthy 208

that seems to be it, but they haven't called it for her ...

i thought someone needed 217 just one more ...

** LAST UPDATE **

sadly, i announce:

Pelosi has been declared Speaker of the House of the 117th Congress

there will be 222 Democrats

and 211 Republicans

a seat left open by Jeff Letlow of LA who recently passed away

interestingly enough by sentiments are the majority in this country polls show:

Fifty-six percent of voters think Pelosi
    should not be reelected as speaker. Only 31 percent of voters support her.
    but as has been the case as of late? what the majority of Americans want is being disregarded

they are about to swear her in ... turning it off now

statistic source here
    Last edited by iota; 3rd January 2021 at 22:23. Reason: last and final update
    We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

justntime2learn (4th January 2021), Sadieblue (4th January 2021), selinam (3rd January 2021), wondering (3rd January 2021)

5. Link to Post #103
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

All of the dinosaurs on both sides of the aisle have to go. All of them. Talk about entrenched corruption. Get some young blood in there for Gawd's sake.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Gracy (3rd January 2021), iota (4th January 2021), Ivanhoe (6th January 2021), Sadieblue (4th January 2021)

7. Link to Post #104
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    All of the dinosaurs on both sides of the aisle have to go. All of them. Talk about entrenched corruption. Get some young blood in there for Gawd's sake.
    Problem is today's young blood winds up being tomorrow's dinosaurs all over again. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Meet the new boss same as the old boss.
    Last edited by Gracy; 3rd January 2021 at 23:58.

8. Link to Post #105
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,711 times in 2,086 posts

They must have used dominion voting machines to vote routed thru a server in Germany and counted in Spain to obtain the results they wanted. There is no need to vote anymore.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

iota (4th January 2021), onawah (4th January 2021), Sadieblue (4th January 2021)

10. Link to Post #106
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Assange's big day--January 4. Will Trump pardon him?

ON MONDAY, January 4, a UK court is to rule on WikiLeaks founder Assange’s US extradition. To mark this, here’s a piece I wrote for Common Ground in December of last year.

https://geoffolson.substack.com/p/as...decision-looms

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (4th January 2021), iota (4th January 2021), onawah (4th January 2021), Sadieblue (4th January 2021)

12. Link to Post #107
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    Problem is today's young blood winds up being tomorrow's dinosaurs all over again. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Not now. Both parties have learned, through Trump and Sander's base that they MUST change, start to represent working Americans. The democrats abandoned their base, just as surely as corporations abandoned the rust belt. It's out of that rubble that new leaders will arise. Leaders, not politicians.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

ClearWater (4th January 2021), Gracy (4th January 2021), iota (4th January 2021), One (4th January 2021), Sadieblue (4th January 2021), TargeT (4th January 2021), wondering (4th January 2021)

14. Link to Post #108
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)

Not now. Both parties have learned, through Trump and Sander's base that they MUST change, start to represent working Americans. The democrats abandoned their base, just as surely as corporations abandoned the rust belt. It's out of that rubble that new leaders will arise. Leaders, not politicians.
    As always, we shall see.

So long as we're looking to politicians, we're looking the wrong way from my experience.

15. Link to Post #109
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

It will all change, Gracy, imho. The whole rotting mess will be forever changed. It will be an international movement against the 1% and it is going to gain more and more traction in the next few years.

The libertarian left and the libertarian right wing, have to get together and not let the elite media, nor divisive social media deflect from what should be a shared vision. No thinking person wants communism, or fascism -- and unfortunately these are the two false choices that the elites offer up to us.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

daddy-keith (7th January 2021), Eva2 (4th January 2021), Gracy (4th January 2021), iota (4th January 2021), justntime2learn (4th January 2021), Patient (4th January 2021), PurpleLama (12th January 2021), Sadieblue (4th January 2021), thepainterdoug (4th January 2021), wondering (4th January 2021)

17. Link to Post #110
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pyrangello (here)
    They must have used dominion voting machines to vote routed thru a server in Germany and counted in Spain to obtain the results they wanted. There is no need to vote anymore.
    you know ... i watched the whole thing LIVE .. and it would be a LOT easier to say:

"no, it was all on the up and up BUT ...

1.) the lady taking the roll call in red? OFTEN DID "look" nervous

her body language did not communicate impeccability in spirit nor in action

TRUTH was not forthcoming

2.) the PROCEDURE itself, was unorthodox and i'm certain that in the HISTORY of this procedure has NEVER before, nor likely EVER WILL again, be conducted in such manner ...

sections ~ where only a few in and 80% of the others "being talked" to i'm certain
    AND giving much more time for others to show up

3.) they finished ... with McCarthy in the lead ... he had won

and THEN they started again, going back and giving the ones who had not voted in the first round a second opportunity.

i'm going to have to do research to find out if this has been done in the past? or only because Pelosi was losing

4.) in the "break" between sessions ... the commentator said and i quote:

in regards to Pelosi being behind throughout the ENTIRE procedure ...

"but that is ONLY because they are going in alphabetical order ..
    otherwise Pelosi would be ahead'
    that sounds neither neutral, objective nor impartial

and ... HOW did she KNOW this? ...

seven of seven sessions McCarthy led!!

5.) they said she NEEDED 217 votes 5 Democrats did NOT vote for her, either through absence or abstaining or for another and she ONLY got 216

though it was more than McCarthy? they did NOT immediately declare her the winner ...

which leads me to wonder if without the FULL 217 votes, she is INDEED the winner?

and lastly,

6.) this gem ... this just speaks for itself ...

https://streamable.com/oy9jip

if i don't embed video correctly, please view here
    Last edited by iota; 4th January 2021 at 03:02.

so that any adversary

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

daddy-keith (7th January 2021), Sadieblue (4th January 2021), TargeT (4th January 2021)

19. Link to Post #111
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,711 times in 2,086 posts

Iota, I was just saying that tounge and cheek , but I wasn't kidding about not voting again, and I'm not the only one. I have many successful friends of mine who donate money to political campaigns who are saying the exact same thing.if this doesn't get corrected with the voting, there is no reason to vote anymore when it can be manipulated electronically and physically. And really the icing on the cake was this so called covid bill of 6000 pages and not giving support to those that really need it. That 600.00 was an absolute joke . It was kind of like Congress and the senate smacking the American people on the head with a rolled up newspaper saying shut up stupid , we know way better than you will ever know which couldn't be farther from the truth. Passing that bill 6000 pages long and giving millions where their was no rational explanation to do so just solidified we the American people don't mean squat to them anymore and the system is completely dysfunctional now. I pray every night for our country.
    Last edited by pyrangello; 4th January 2021 at 06:39.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

fifi (5th January 2021), iota (4th January 2021), onawah (4th January 2021), onevoice (4th January 2021), Sadieblue (4th January 2021), wondering (4th January 2021)

21. Link to Post #112
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pyrangello (here)
    Iota, I was just saying that tounge and cheek , but I wasn't kidding about not voting again, and I'm not the only one. I have many successful friends of mine who donate money to political campaigns who are saying the exact same thing.if this doesn't get corrected with the voting, there is no reason to vote anymore when it can be manipulated electronically and physically. And really the icing on the cake was this so called covid bill of 6000 pages and not giving support to those that really need it. That 600.00 was an absolute joke . It was kind of like Congress and the senate smacking the American people on the head with a rolled up newspaper saying shut up stupid , we know way better than you will ever know which couldn't be farther from the truth. Passing that bill 6000 pages long and giving millions where their was no rational explanation to do so just solidified we the American people don't mean squat to them anymore and the system is completely dysfunctional now. I pray every night for our country.

i totally get what you are saying .. many agree ...

and for all appearances sake? the situation has no intention of cleaning itself up without proper motivation

the only "proper" motivation i know of is when man gets determined and will accept NO OTHER OUTCOME

as long as this election is being perceived as merely between two opposing parties or ideologies, therein will lie justification to close one's eyes and attempt to "adjust" to the "new normal" and do our best to incorporate the increasingly intrusive DEMANDS that WILL be made of us

here is what was included in the 6000 page bill:

a video that gave a complete breakdown of the Bill that was passed was censored the very day i posted. (i honestly never thought i'd live to see the day an AMERICAN would be ok with having FREE Speech censored!)

$7 million for Reef Management

$25 million to combat Asian Carp

$2.5 million to count the number of Amberjack fish in the gulf

$3 million to Poultry Production Technology

$2 million to research the impact of downed trees

$566 million to FBI Construction projects

$10 million to Gender Programs in Pakistan

and i wondered WHY?

then i saw this:

WHY would Pakistan be meeting with the Speaker of the House? and then later we find that said Speaker is the same elected official who endorsed giving them $10 million for "gender programs" something so ambiguous as to defy definition and easily find assimilation that will be suitable to achieve their nefarious agenda

the same one since the beginning of time ~ greed ... money ... it will find its way "kicked back" to her ...

it is what happened in Georgia .. the governor asked for $10 million for "masks" and COVID "supplies" ... that $10 million went to CHINA

Georgia NEVER received masks or any other supply as late as of November 3 the date of our election ...

the money is said to have ended up in accounts of governor's relatives and certain to find their way back to the governor

Click image for larger version

Name:	SoS GA 10 million grant.png
Views:	75
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	45677

they've got a pretty good "gig" going and i don't think they are going to stop of their own volition

they have played ALL of their cards and they are NOT going to suddenly have a change of heart and say:

"my bad"
    "mea culpa"
    "sorry about that"
    "No hard feelings, let's just let it go, ok?"

this is WIN or DIE

for BOTH sides

thank you so much for praying ... i am as well

article for pic here

here is the PDF of the Georgia letter:
    Last edited by iota; 4th January 2021 at 07:44. Reason: add link and pdf

so that any adversary

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (4th January 2021), daddy-keith (7th January 2021), onawah (4th January 2021), pyrangello (6th January 2021), Sadieblue (4th January 2021), selinam (4th January 2021)

23. Link to Post #113
    Language
    English
    Thanks

so an iconic program is coming to an end ...

Alex Trebek’s final five ‘Jeopardy!’ episodes to air this week

"The final five episodes that Alex Trebek taped as the beloved longtime host of “Jeopardy!” will air starting Monday.

Trebek, who lost his battle with pancreatic cancer in November, will be honored during the showing of his final episode Friday with “a special tribute to the life and work of the man who captained America’s Favorite Quiz Show with skill, style, and sophistication for 36+ years,” according to a statement from “Jeopardy!” producer Sony Pictures Television.

Trebek’s final episodes were originally slated to air during the week of Christmas, but producers pushed the showtimes back because they said the holidays might be too chaotic for viewers to tune in.

The Canadian-American game-show host announced his cancer diagnosis in March 2019 but powered through to tape episodes for the 2020-21 season before passing away at the age of 80.

Producers say he did not know that what ended up being his final show would in fact be his last.

“Jeopardy!” will continue airing new episodes starting Jan. 11 with guest host and $4,370,700 lifetime show winner Ken Jennings at the helm.

The show has not named a new permanent host to replace Trebek, but bookmakers are already taking bets on his successor, with Jennings, George Stephanopoulos, LeVar Burton, Neil deGrasse Tyson and Pat Sajak among the frontrunners."

article here:

it was a wholesome American classic program that families could watch together ... i am saddened to know that its host has left our planet and with it the last shows he taped will now air... thank you to Alex Trebec for many good times shared by families throughout America viewing his show, you will be missed and not forgotten

ALSO reported 1-4-21

Actress Tanya Roberts, ‘That ‘70s Show’ star, dead at 65

Actress and model Tanya Roberts — known for her role as Midge in “That ’70s Show” — reportedly died on Sunday. She was 65.

Roberts had been hospitalized since she collapsed in her California home on Christmas Eve after walking her dogs, her rep, Mike Pingel, told The Hollywood Reporter.

“I’m devastated. She was brilliant and beautiful and I feel like a light has been taken away,” Pingel told the outlet.

“She was the sweetest person you’d ever meet and had a huge heart,” he said.

Her cause of death was not immediately clear.

Other than her popular sitcom role as Donna Pinciotti’s mom, Roberts was also well-known for playing a Bond girl in the 1985 007 flick “A View to Kill.”

Roberts posed for Playboy, TMZ reported, and appeared in a handful of commercials.

She leaves behind her current husband, Lance O’Brien, and sister, Barbara Chase, the reports said.

Roberts had been married to actor Barry Roberts, who died at the age of 60 in 2006

article here
    Last edited by iota; 4th January 2021 at 08:05. Reason: add Tanya Roberts

so that any adversary

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (4th January 2021), daddy-keith (7th January 2021), onevoice (4th January 2021), pyrangello (6th January 2021), Sadieblue (4th January 2021), thepainterdoug (4th January 2021)

25. Link to Post #114
    Language
    English
    Thanks

BREAKING NOW

the extradition nightmare has ENDED .. . CONFIRMED multiple sources:

The Guardian:

Julian ASSANGE is FREE of that awaiting bail

Julian Assange extradition ruling: what happens now?
    Decision is another milestone in 10-year fight but focus now shifts to US appeal

Monday’s ruling is not the end of a decade-long struggle by Julian Assange against extradition to the US – but it heralds the beginning of the end.

Over recent weeks, supporters and those close to the WikiLeaks founder had lobbied and pinned some hopes on Donald Trump granting him a pardon in the final days of his time in the White House, but no Christmas reprieve came via the US president’s Twitter account or elsewhere.

After the ruling at the Old Bailey by district judge Vanessa Baraitser that Assange cannot be extradited from the UK, the focus now shifts to a US appeal, for which leave is expected to be granted in a few weeks time.

After the appeal to the high court, the case could technically go to the supreme court though British legal experts caution that a specific legal point would have to arise for the latter to become involved.

Another option further down the line, for Assange’s defenders rather than lawyers for the US, would be the European court of human rights.

In the event of legal rulings continuing to go his way, he will ultimately be discharged from prison, although the long arm of the US would limit his travel prospects beyond the UK for the rest of his life.

Yet more scenarios – based on more than a few hypotheticals and a disconnect with how the British legal system works – meanwhile continue to hover into view. Mexico’s populist president, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, told reporters at his daily press conference that he would ask foreign ministry officials to approach their UK counterparts about “the possibility of Mr Assange being freed” so he could accept a Mexican offer of asylum.

article here
    Last edited by iota; 4th January 2021 at 19:35.

so that any adversary

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

ClearWater (4th January 2021), daddy-keith (7th January 2021), fifi (5th January 2021), Icare (4th January 2021), justntime2learn (4th January 2021), Mare (4th January 2021), onawah (4th January 2021), pyrangello (6th January 2021), Sadieblue (4th January 2021), wondering (4th January 2021)

27. Link to Post #115
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Live FEED

(was placed here where it belongs AS it IS "Breaking News") further posts can go to appropriate thread .. i'll look for it)

so that any adversary

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

daddy-keith (7th January 2021), Icare (4th January 2021), Sadieblue (7th January 2021)

29. Link to Post #116
    Language
    English
    Thanks

in a REVERSAL UPDATE to post #113 we have our first celebrity come back to LIFE!! yay ...

Entertainment Wire Service reports:

Actress Tanya Roberts Is Still Alive, According to Her Publicist

Tanya Robert's Head Shot for Charlie's Angels

Actress Tanya Roberts, who was reported by CNN and other media outlets to have died, citing her longtime publicist, Mike Pingel, is still alive, Pingel told CNN Monday.

Pingel said he was notified Sunday evening by Roberts’ longtime partner, Lance O’Brien, that Roberts had died.

In a phone call Monday evening, O’Brien told CNN he was distraught after saying goodbye to Roberts at her bedside and left Cedars-Sinai Medical Center believing it would be the last time he saw her.

On Monday morning, O’Brien was notified by the hospital that Roberts is still alive, according to Pingel and O’Brien. They said it was a coincidence that O’Brien was doing an interview with Inside Edition when the hospital called.

“I’m so happy,” O’Brien told Inside Edition when he got the call.

Roberts was hospitalized in Los Angeles on Dec. 24, after she collapsed at her California home following a walk with her dogs. She remains in critical condition, according to Pingel and O’Brien.

Roberts’ career in television and film spans more than 30 years.

She played geologist Stacey Sutton in ‘A View to a Kill,’ opposite Roger Moore and appeared in “That 70s Show” as Donna Pinciotti’s mother.

article here

so that any adversary

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

daddy-keith (7th January 2021), pyrangello (6th January 2021), Sadieblue (7th January 2021), selinam (5th January 2021)

31. Link to Post #117
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hope Fades in Norway Landslide That Left 7 Dead; 3 Missing

People light candles near the landslide area in the village of Ask in Gjerdrum, Norway, on Jan. 3, 2021. (Cornelius Poppe/NTB via AP)

COPENHAGEN, Denmark—Norwegian officials insisted Monday that there was “still hope” of finding survivors in air pockets five days after a landslide killed at least seven people as it carried away homes in a village north of the capital. Three people are still missing.

Police spokesman Roger Pettersen said search efforts in the landslide-hit village of Ask, 25 kilometers (16 miles) northeast of Oslo, are still considered “a rescue operation.” But only bodies have been found in the past few days.

The region’s below-freezing temperatures are “working against us, but we have been very clear in our advice to the (rescuers) that as long as there are cavities where the missing may have stayed, it is possible to survive,” said Dr. Halvard Stave, who is taking part in the rescue operation.

Temperatures in Ask were minus 8 degrees Celsius (17.6 degrees Fahrenheit) on Monday.

“I would still describe the situation as very unreal,” said Anders Oestensen, the mayor of Gjerdrum municipality, where Ask is located.

Authorities said one victim was found Friday, three more on Saturday and three others Sunday. Ten people have been injured, one of them seriously.

Search teams patrolled with dogs as helicopters and drones with heat-detecting cameras flew over the ravaged hillside in Ask, a village of 5,000 that was hit by the worst landslide in modern Norwegian history. At least 1,000 people were evacuated.

The landslide early Wednesday cut across a road through Ask, leaving a deep, crater-like ravine. Some buildings are now hanging on the edge of the ravine, which grew to be 700 meters (2,300 feet) long and 300 meters (1,000 feet) wide. At least nine buildings with over 30 apartments were destroyed.

“This is completely terrible,” King Harald V said after the Norwegian royals visited the landslide site on Sunday.

The limited number of daylight hours in Norway at this time of year and fears of further erosion have hampered rescue operations. The ground is fragile at the site and unable to hold the weight of heavy rescue equipment.

The exact cause of the accident is not yet known but the area is known for having a lot of quick clay, a material that can change from solid to liquid form. Experts said the quick clay, combined with excessive precipitation and damp winter weather, may have contributed to the landslide.

In 2005, Norwegian authorities warned people not to construct residential buildings in the area, saying it was “a high risk zone” for landslides, but houses were eventually built there later in the decade.

Norway’s biggest landslide was in 1893 in Verdal, north of Trondheim in mid-Norway and killed 116 people, the VG newspaper reported. It was reportedly up to 40 times bigger that the one in Ask where somewhere between 1.4 million and 2 million cubic meters of land tumbled down.

By Jan M. Olsen

source here

sending prayer and the spirit of comfort to the hearts of family affected by this tragedy

so that any adversary

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

daddy-keith (7th January 2021), Franny (5th January 2021), pyrangello (6th January 2021), Sadieblue (7th January 2021), selinam (5th January 2021), sunflower (6th January 2021), wondering (5th January 2021)

33. Link to Post #118
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Apple Pay and other Apple Products
    may be affected by this E.O. just signed by President Trump

Presidential EO Addressing the Threat Posed By Applications and
    Other Software Developed or Controlled By Chinese Companies

see actual wording of EO in this post here:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...=1#post1401320

recall that:

"Microsoft is the first commercial software company that provides the Chinese government with access to its source code. In February this year, during the visit of Microsoft chairman and chief software architect Bill Gates to China, CNITSET, representing the Chinese government, and Microsoft signed the GSP Source Code Agreement."

and

"Tim Chen, vice president of Microsoft and CEO of Microsoft Greater China, said: “The opening of CNITSEC Source Code Review Lab is a significant step in fulfilling Microsoft’s long-term commitment in China. To create a trustworthy computing environment is the goal of Microsoft. Microsoft is willing to cooperate with the Chinese government and its authorized parties and share Microsoft’s accumulated experience in software and security development.”

source: https://news.microsoft.com/2003/09/2...ew-lab-opened/

the Canada Free Press wrote earlier:

"it is necessary to document Gates’ sympathy for—and ties to—China. It’s significant that, in regard to the coronavirus and the response, Chinese dictator Xi has sent Gates a letter thanking him for his financial support for China. In 2017 Gates was given one of China’s highest academic honors.

Gates was on Fox News Sunday and CNBC, and writing for the Post, because money talks. He buys influence and advisers. For that reason, we also have to pay attention to him. He doesn’t mind his own business and concentrate on ways to improve software products. Instead, he makes our lives and business his business.

What is he saying, exactly, about the nature of the coronavirus and where it came from? And what is he NOT saying? The answers display a disturbing pro-China bias on Gates’ part. "

and

"With Gates now assuming an adversary posture on the matter of opening up the U.S. economy, President Trump must keep in mind Gates’ ties to China as his administration makes decisions in the critical days ahead.

For that matter, Trump must also understand that Dr. Anthony Fauci once signed a “Memorandum of Understanding” with the Chinese- front World Health Organization, pledging cooperation. This helps account for the slow response to the virus from the National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control. "

read full article here

but THIS just takes the cake:

Bill Gates is inducted into the Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE),
    one of the country’s top academic institutions.

Microsoft billionaire Bill Gates and nine other American “foreign experts” in engineering and technology have been elected as new members of the Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE). This might seem an odd fit for uber-capitalist Gates, since the CAE is the People’s Republic of China’s elite society of technology professionals who have proven their service to the Communist Party of China, (CPC) and the Communist State. But like many other super-wealthy westerners, Gates has shown himself sympatico to authoritarian and totalitarian regimes.

Together with:
    David Rockefeller,
    George Soros,
    Ted Turner,
    Warren Buffet,

and a small clutch of additional billionaires, Gates formed a cabal they dubbed “The Good Club,” which seems to be fixated on population control. Its members are uncomfortably comfortable with China’s coercive (and murderous) One Child policy as an answer to population “problems.”

China’s People’s Daily reported on November 27 that “Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft and chairman of TerraPower, has been elected as a foreign member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE), one of the country’s top academic institutions.”

read full article here

so that any adversary

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

ClearWater (6th January 2021), daddy-keith (7th January 2021), Franny (6th January 2021), Gwin Ru (6th January 2021), justntime2learn (6th January 2021), pyrangello (6th January 2021), Sadieblue (7th January 2021), selinam (6th January 2021), sunflower (6th January 2021)

35. Link to Post #119
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The EO signed by President Trump today is likely to have far reaching implications

Apple Products are likely to be affected ... Gates has a very long, established and well documented history to China ...

information on that on post here:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...=1#post1401323

also likely to be affected are games as many include transactions and are based in China such as gamers who play Epic Games, they have a large stakeholder in Tencent. if transactions become unavailable it is likely to affect the game Fortnite .

'Fortnite' is released by Tencent in China

Tencent releases 'Fortnite' in China and invests millions in the game.
    by Kai Wong (article)

""Fortnite" has undoubtedly become one of the most popular and most viewed games in America, and has expanded to mobile phones. Ever since "Fortnite" was released, Epic Games has introduced many new items and weapons to the game and made the game even more popular. Other countries have not been able to have "Fortnite" released in their own country, but it won't take long before the game expands worldwide. According to South china Morning Post, "Fornite" has been released in China with the help of Tencent."

source:
    https://us.blastingnews.com/gaming/2...002525683.html

personally, i've always hated the intrusiveness of privacy and am happy about any and ALL steps to curtail it especially going to China

you heard it here first ... just heads up before anyone is caught off guard and affected ...

so that any adversary

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

ClearWater (6th January 2021), daddy-keith (7th January 2021), pyrangello (6th January 2021), Reinhard (6th January 2021), Sadieblue (7th January 2021), selinam (6th January 2021), sunflower (6th January 2021)

37. Link to Post #120
    Language
    English
    Thanks

** BREAKING NEWS **

ok this is "Breaking" as it is possible to be ...
    the link is LIVE and just click on any flag and you will see what is going on at that spot LIVE in Washington DC

our prayers and focus on the legitimate president being the ONLY viable option that will be acceptable turn now to this area

so .. now? ... at least we can "peek" in ... and i mean ALL over the place

link here:
    http://app.ddot.dc.gov/

if communication to DC is warranted?

Mayor's Office Phone: (202) 727-2643

Police Non-Emergency Phone: (202) 727-9099

so that any adversary

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Alan (6th January 2021), ClearWater (6th January 2021), daddy-keith (7th January 2021), Sadieblue (7th January 2021), selinam (6th January 2021), sunflower (6th January 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 87 FirstFirst 1 6 16 56 87 LastLast