+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pressure put on President Trump to pardon Julian Assange and Edward Snowden

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,654 times in 20,815 posts

Thumbs up Pressure put on President Trump to pardon Julian Assange and Edward Snowden

• Pressure put on President Trump to pardon Julian Assange and Edward Snowden:

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 23rd December 2020 at 16:48.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Arcturian108 (23rd December 2020), Bassplayer1 (23rd December 2020), daddy-keith (24th December 2020), Daughter of Time (23rd December 2020), Desire (24th December 2020), Dorjezigzag (23rd December 2020), Eric J (Viking) (23rd December 2020), Gracy (23rd December 2020), Hym (26th December 2020), Ioneo (23rd December 2020), Lunesoleil (25th December 2020), Mercedes (26th December 2020), mountain_jim (23rd December 2020), palehorse (24th December 2020), selinam (23rd December 2020), toppy (23rd December 2020), ulli (24th December 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member Daughter of Time's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,705 times in 1,092 posts

Default Re: Pressure put on President Trump to pardon Julian Assange and Edward Snowden

I'm certainly hoping for the pardon of Assange and Snowden. At least Snowden has a home. Assange is the one who has been living in terrible and dangerous conditions and after all he did to expose Clinton, he should definitely be pardoned. I hope Trump does what is right.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Daughter of Time For This Post:

Brenya (23rd December 2020), Brightstar (23rd December 2020), daddy-keith (24th December 2020), Dorjezigzag (23rd December 2020), Eric J (Viking) (23rd December 2020), ExomatrixTV (23rd December 2020), Hym (26th December 2020), Icare (24th December 2020), Lunesoleil (25th December 2020), Mercedes (26th December 2020), palehorse (24th December 2020), selinam (23rd December 2020), toppy (23rd December 2020), ulli (24th December 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,021 times in 8,167 posts

Default Re: Pressure put on President Trump to pardon Julian Assange and Edward Snowden

Assange might get one, his 2016 action deserves one from Trump. I seriously doubt Snowden will get one from Trump considering Trump is currently at war with the agency that planted Snowden inside the NSA to blow it up.

Biden would probably do it in a heartbeat though.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

daddy-keith (24th December 2020), Hym (26th December 2020), toppy (23rd December 2020), ulli (24th December 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    Thanks

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    You assuming Biden is "not" under any other puppeteer pulling the strings ...

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 23rd December 2020 at 17:27.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

daddy-keith (24th December 2020), Hym (26th December 2020), Mercedes (26th December 2020), palehorse (24th December 2020), selinam (23rd December 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 times in 817 posts

On a personal level, Trump should be grateful to Assange. He played a large part in him winning the 2016 election. I fear Assange may be a broken man now but I'm sure Assange would be very grateful to Trump and could thus become a useful person for Trump.

I feel Trump has some karma to repay.
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

daddy-keith (24th December 2020), Hym (26th December 2020), palehorse (24th December 2020), toppy (23rd December 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)

you assuming Biden is not under any other puppeteer pulling the strings ...
    How dU work that out, not at all.

I'm only saying, Snowden might be a patsy who did what he did because our enemies wanted him to do it. He was a CIA guy before he ever got inside the NSA. The CIA was trying to take over the role of the NSA because the NSA was too close to the US military who were too difficult to completely take control of, for their future plans. Clapper was probably in cahoots with the CIA gang as well and facilitated it.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

daddy-keith (24th December 2020), gini (26th December 2020), toppy (23rd December 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Well now, he did go from this while trying to get elected:

To this shortly after getting elected, as Pompeo includes Snowden as well:

Not only did Trump use Assange as a chess piece to gain popularity during his campaign, but then threw him to the wolves soon as he didn't need him any more. That really tells me something, and I've continued to be quite shocked as to how this travesty has been mostly ignored, or explained away.

I don't think he'll do the pardon, as he could have already done so at any time with the stroke of a pen. Hell, he didn't even need to unleash the dogs of war on Assange in the first place, so wtf is that?

If he does do it I'll be happy, but I'll also know that he did it for no other reason than to use Assange as a chess piece once more on his way out. Other than that he's already proven he doesn't give a crap about Assange, or Snowden.

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Before Trump got elected he was not privy to intel'.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

alh02 (26th December 2020), ClearWater (24th December 2020), daddy-keith (24th December 2020), Desire (24th December 2020), selinam (23rd December 2020)

16. Link to Post #9
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,249 times in 232 posts

Assange might get one, his 2016 action deserves one from Trump. I seriously doubt Snowden will get one from Trump considering Trump is currently at war with the agency that planted Snowden inside the NSA to blow it up.

You are saying like its a bad thing to give a pardon to whistleblowers. Whistleblowers are heroes, there should be songs about them like in the old days when bards sang praise to people.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mypos For This Post:

daddy-keith (24th December 2020), Gracy (23rd December 2020), haroldsails (25th December 2020), palehorse (24th December 2020)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

No, but we are in a war and it would be a bad thing to lose it, seriously.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

daddy-keith (24th December 2020), palehorse (24th December 2020)

20. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

Again this soap opera..
    Assange is a true hero, but since he knows too much, he was put away and probably will be kept for as long as the game goes..
    Trump seems to be a very good guy for many people, but he also got secrets, who doesn't? I bet he will NOT do anything about it, Assange is on his own since the time he walked inside that embassy, he knew that, he was warned that time, it would be much better take his chances on the run in some small country somewhere far way, he knew the price and he accepted that, he even talked about that years ago. I remember he saying something about face the consequences, not running from what he was doing, he got a very strong warrior mindset without any doubt.

Nobody can't change someone determined to take action. period.

Unless some mercenaries break into the facility Assange is been held and rescue him, I see no future for him.

It is the ultimate sacrifice for what he believes to be the right thing to do, and hold your horses it is not the end, not yet!
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

daddy-keith (24th December 2020), Dorjezigzag (24th December 2020), ExomatrixTV (24th December 2020)

22. Link to Post #12
    Trinidad Tobago Avalon Member daddy-keith's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I have always had the nagging feeling that there's more to the Assange and Snowden affairs than meets the eye. And I have a nagging suspicion that the pressure on Trump is a controlled operation to give him a way out. I do believe that Assange will be pardoned.

Time will tell.

Peace.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daddy-keith For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (7th October 2022), haroldsails (25th December 2020), palehorse (25th December 2020)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

This is the cult Julian Assange grew up in before his mother took him out of it. The leader had ties to the CIA and MK-Ultra. The back-left kid in the picture looks like Assange.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/TWWbOOAX3Dg/maxresdefault.jpg

https://www.ranker.com/list/scary-st...lectionId=1597

"Australian Anne Hamilton-Byrne believed herself to be a reincarnation of Jesus Christ. In 1964, she developed a hybrid Christian-Hindu “religion,” and convinced multiple parents to sign over custody of their children. Hamilton-Byrne’s goal was to create a “master race,” as she believed the future held an impending race war.

"The children were beaten viciously during their lives at the commune. Most disturbingly, they were injected with LSD and locked in dark rooms. Hamilton-Byrne funded the cult through LSD sales. When a child was expelled from the cult, she went to the police, and Hamilton-Byrne was arrested in 1987 and fined. As of 2017, she lives in a mental ward in a nursing home in Melbourne."

25. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Hym (26th December 2020)

26. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member Arcturian108's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,329 times in 930 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)

Not only did Trump use Assange as a chess piece to gain popularity during his campaign, but then threw him to the wolves soon as he didn't need him any more. That really tells me something, and I've continued to be quite shocked as to how this travesty has been mostly ignored, or explained away.

I don't think he'll do the pardon, as he could have already done so at any time with the stroke of a pen. Hell, he didn't even need to unleash the dogs of war on Assange in the first place, so wtf is that?

If he does do it I'll be happy, but I'll also know that he did it for no other reason than to use Assange as a chess piece once more on his way out. Other than that he's already proven he doesn't give a crap about Assange, or Snowden.
    I totally agree with you that Trump has to thank Assange a great deal for his win. I believe that the major thing holding Trump back from pardoning Assange is that this would upset powerful people in the military, and the military probably has the key to Trump's second term.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arcturian108 For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (26th December 2020), Gracy (26th December 2020)

28. Link to Post #15
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote Posted by Arcturian108 (here)
    I totally agree with you that Trump has to thank Assange a great deal for his win. I believe that the major thing holding Trump back from pardoning Assange is that this would upset powerful people in the military, and the military probably has the key to Trump's second term.
    Isn't that what Trump was there to do, upset powerful people? He never upset any powerful people except in the manner he conducts himself. They much prefer the razon thin phony veneer of politeness.

The military has nothing to do with him siccing the dogs of war on Assange or not, and likewise the military will have nothing to do with changing the election results.

29. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

Doesnt Julian Assange need to be tried first and found guilty before there is something to pardon?
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

alh02 (26th December 2020), ExomatrixTV (26th December 2020), gini (26th December 2020), Gwin Ru (26th December 2020), Peace in Oz (26th December 2020)

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 times in 2,099 posts

The reason Trump doesn't need to pardon Assange is he has committed no crime to be pardoned from.

If he and Pompeo had any integrity and a love for the country and the First Amendment, Assange would be exonerated with all haste and the paperwork bureaucracies demand. Then he could take those papers and walk, or be carried most likely, to freedom and a warm hospital.

Assange is the canary dying in the coal mine of freedom of the press and speech for all the world to see and learn from.

However, there's still time for Trump and Pompeo to wake up and find their honor, I hope and pray they do.
    A million galaxies are a little foam on that shoreless sea. ~ Rumi

32. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Anchor (26th December 2020), ExomatrixTV (26th December 2020), Gracy (26th December 2020), Gwin Ru (26th December 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th December 2020), Mercedes (26th December 2020), onawah (20th January 2021), palehorse (26th December 2020), Peace in Oz (26th December 2020), Stephanie (7th October 2022), sunflower (26th December 2020), Tintin (26th December 2020)

33. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,212 times in 1,146 posts

Quote Posted by Arcturian108 (here)
    Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)

Maybe an Assange pardon would be amongst the last signed. I seem to recall Bill Clinton magicked away many of the sins of his closest allies about an hour before the end of his Presidency? Waiting until there was no political price to pay...

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (7th October 2022), Franny (26th December 2020), gini (26th December 2020), Mercedes (26th December 2020)

35. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

With time running out, pressure grows on Trump to pardon Assange amid reports aides persuaded him not to
    20 Jan, 2021 00:43

https://www.rt.com/usa/513025-trump-...ardon-assange/

The rising tide of calls for US President Donald Trump to pardon WikiLeaks publisher Julian Assange could be for naught, amid mainstream media reports his aides persuaded him not to do so in a last-ditch bid to appease critics.

With Joe Biden scheduled to be sworn in as president at noon on Wednesday, Trump was reportedly preparing one last batch of pardons before he leaves office. Mainstream media outlets cited anonymous sources inside the White House to claim Assange’s name wasn’t on the list.

Aides persuaded Trump that he shouldn’t upset Senate Republicans, who will soon vote on his second impeachment, according to CNN.

Taking these reports at face value, NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden said Trump had allowed himself to be “bullied” out of pardoning Assange.

“Once he's out of power, they're going to vote to impeach him anyway,” he said on Twitter, adding, “well – that's one way to be remembered.

[...]

Fox News opinion host Tucker Carlson, who has been known to influence Trump on more than one occasion, made a plea for pardoning Assange on his show on Monday evening. Former Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) tweeted a video of that segment on Tuesday, urging Trump to “do the right thing.”

Full article at: https://www.rt.com/usa/513025-trump-...ardon-assange/

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (7th October 2022), fifi (20th January 2021), mountain_jim (20th January 2021), Reinhard (20th January 2021)

37. Link to Post #20
    Language
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Pressure put on President Trump to pardon Julian Assange and Edward Snowden

• Trump Was Ready To Pardon Snowden Until Threatened:

Journalist Glenn Greenwald recently appeared on Breaking Points with Krystal Ball and Saagar Enjeti where he revealed that in the final days of his presidency, Donald Trump was seriously considering a pardon for Edward Snowden. Trump was only dissuaded from following through by Senate Republicans who allegedly threatened to vote to impeach the President if he began revealing state secrets and passing out pardons to perceived enemies of the Deep State like Snowden and Julian Assange.
    • Elon Musk’s Twitter Deal is Back On – Still Won’t Mention Assange:

The on-again-off-again deal for Elon Musk to purchase Twitter is back on. For now. Musk has tentatively agreed to fork over the $44 billion price tag if the social media platform’s current owners drop their lawsuit against him. Some are suggesting Musk agreed just to avoid having to be deposed under oath while others are just happy that the Tesla CEO will bring free speech back to Twitter. But will he? Considering he never mentions Julian Assange, it’s probably safe to assume that the multibillionaire’s commitment to giving every voice it’s due is overblown.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 7th October 2022 at 13:48.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

ClearWater (7th October 2022), gini (8th October 2022), Journeyman (7th October 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast