+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How Capitalism will Destroy the World

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,844 times in 2,378 posts

Default How Capitalism will Destroy the World

For the longest time, perhaps some 15 years now, I've had a thought in the back of my mind to write a book called....

How Capitalism Will Destroy The World

I've obviously thought about this a great deal over the years but have never even begun to type a word, just many, many thoughts upon the subject. My reticence for writing is simply that I have zero qualifications to write such a book and even if I did a sterling job of research, collating and presentation it would be dismissed by the majority of 'listened to' experts because it would be too disturbing to contemplate in its entirety. It would literally require a worldwide overhaul of thinking, something that could actually be accomplished in just one generation as a particular chapter of the book would have outlined - but would never succeed as our current GC's would never allow such a thing to happen.

So what's the point in even writing it. Humanity, as a whole, has no interest in being saved. Sad but true. I believe the planet, as is, is a baptism of fire to promote spiritual growth, and the small pay-off, (percentage-wise of rapid awakening,) is worth the cost. What reason/cause for (spiritual) growth if we live in comfort and bliss wanting for nothing?

Why did I post this here, in The Depopulation Plan thread? The last chapter of the book would have been a description how the future would actually look in a capitalist free world. In that chapter I explained that the human population would almost certainly stabilise at around 8 billion, fluctuating between 7.5 and 8.5 over the decades with 96% of beings very content with life.

That is not why we are here, in 3-dimensional form, it is not where we belong. Bliss cannot be found in circumstances, only in the mind, and mind is not to be confined to such a 3-dimensional existence.

I'm not sure, ultimately, how that helps humanities real intention of awakening, so the book will never be written.
    Last edited by Ewan; 8th December 2020 at 19:50.

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

AutumnW (7th March 2021), Bill Ryan (8th December 2020), Blastolabs (5th October 2021), Bluegreen (31st August 2021), Brigantia (7th March 2021), Constance (11th December 2020), DeDukshyn (8th December 2020), Dennis Leahy (28th August 2023), Ernie Nemeth (8th December 2020), Harmony (8th December 2020), Intranuclear (20th December 2020), justntime2learn (9th December 2020), kfm27917 (21st December 2020), Mare (12th February 2021), Mashika (7th March 2021), Mike (7th March 2021), Nasu (12th March 2021), Peace in Oz (8th December 2020), Sadieblue (10th December 2020), Tintin (11th December 2020), wondering (9th December 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,558 times in 32,726 posts

Default Re: How Capitalism will Destroy the World

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    For the longest time, perhaps some 15 years now, I've had a thought in the back of my mind to write a book called....

Yes, we should have a Capitalism thread as well.

Here's the problem. For the last 200,000 years (and maybe much longer), people anatomically identical to modern humans have been working incredibly hard from dawn to dusk to improve their levels of comfort and chances of survival. It was even a Darwinian survival characteristic: a lazy caveman was unlikely to do very well back then.

But now the simple equation of work harder = do better has become corrupted. There's a nasty bug in the system.

Greed, often accompanied by sometimes insatiable hunger for power and control, has entered the equation. I doubt our hunter-gatherer ancestors had to cope with very much of that. (A greedy caveman would quickly be punished by his or her companions.)

So what's needed are ways of decoupling greed, and the selfish (or psychopathic) desire to diminish others, from capitalism. This does connect with the population question, because it's psychopathic greed that impacts the environment and all living things the most, and also (to a great extent) keeps the poorest and weakest in the world in their place.

It's capitalism that has allowed all that to flourish — like a pandemic of its own.

4. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

AutumnW (7th March 2021), Brigantia (7th March 2021), chrifri (1st September 2021), Chris Gilbert (8th December 2020), Constance (16th February 2021), DeDukshyn (8th December 2020), Dennis Leahy (28th August 2023), Ewan (8th December 2020), Harmony (8th December 2020), Johan (Keyholder) (8th December 2020), justntime2learn (9th December 2020), kfm27917 (21st December 2020), Mare (12th February 2021), Mashika (7th March 2021), Mike (7th March 2021), mojo (31st August 2021), Nasu (12th March 2021), Peace in Oz (8th December 2020), Sadieblue (10th December 2020), Sue (Ayt) (8th December 2020), thepainterdoug (8th December 2020), Tintin (11th December 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (11th December 2020), wondering (9th December 2020), Yoda (8th December 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Scotland Honored, Retired Member. panpravda passed in July 2021..
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Ewan ... I'd respectfully encourage you to think again about writing your book. I'll explain below why I say that ...

I've obviously thought about this a great deal over the years but have never even begun to type a word, just many, many thoughts upon the subject. My reticence for writing is simply that I have zero qualifications to write such a book and even if I did a sterling job of research, collating and presentation it would be dismissed by the majority of 'listened to' experts because it would be too disturbing to contemplate in its entirety. It would literally require a worldwide overhaul of thinking, something that could actually be accomplished in just one generation as a particular chapter of the book would have outlined - but would never succeed as our current GC's would never allow such a thing to happen.
    I also had no qualifications to write the book that I did after many years of what might be called my attendance at the Layman's University, studying the particular subject I eventually wrote about.

My energies back then when I began to see clearly the mistakes and misinterpretations that had been made within theoretical science, as it relates to how our universe actually works, were such that I felt that I simply had no option but to dedicate my time to ensure that for laypeople like myself who are not schooled as part of their earlier life in the basics of physics and cosmology, there would at least exist something of a translation from the often obfuscated language worlds of theoretical cosmology and physics that stood a chance of being understood and appreciated by others.

This reply to you is not about my book, but ... the controversial subject of how our universe really works has been and remains very important to me, for it is not the story we have been given for many decades by mainstream science. The reasons for this are close to the same reasons you touch on in your own post; i.e. the explanation for this is too big and will never be taken seriously. That, however, didn't stop me.

I do sympathise, but if you feel in your soul that you are meant to *tell things as you see them*, then please do that, for there is something of an invisible nature (a spiritual companion if you like) that helps us operate beyond the impression of such things as *qualifications are required* that is there to guide us when are truly motivated do what we feel in our hearts is the right thing to do.

I remember the day very clearly in 2010 when I decided to begin putting fingers to keyboard on my book ... I sat down that morning and never left my chair in front of my computer till around 30,000 words had been typed ... now, this was not only me doing that ... I swear I had help.

Tom.

6. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to panpravda For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th December 2020), Blastolabs (10th December 2020), Brigantia (7th March 2021), Constance (11th December 2020), Dennis Leahy (28th August 2023), Ernie Nemeth (11th December 2020), Ewan (11th December 2020), Gwin Ru (10th December 2020), Harmony (11th December 2020), Icare (22nd December 2020), kfm27917 (21st December 2020), Mare (12th February 2021), Mashika (7th March 2021), Nasu (12th March 2021), Peace in Oz (21st December 2020), pueblo (11th December 2020), Sue (Ayt) (10th December 2020), Tintin (11th December 2020), wondering (10th December 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 19:31.

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Anka (13th December 2020), Bill Ryan (11th December 2020), Blastolabs (5th October 2021), Brigantia (7th March 2021), Ewan (11th December 2020), Harmony (11th December 2020), Icare (22nd December 2020), justntime2learn (11th December 2020), kfm27917 (21st December 2020), Mare (12th February 2021), Mashika (7th March 2021), Nasu (12th March 2021), Peace in Oz (11th December 2020), pueblo (11th December 2020), Tintin (11th December 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Here's the problem. For the last 200,000 years (and maybe much longer), people anatomically identical to modern humans have been working incredibly hard from dawn to dusk to improve their levels of comfort and chances of survival. It was even a Darwinian survival characteristic: a lazy caveman was unlikely to do very well back then.

But now the simple equation of work harder = do better has become corrupted. There's a nasty bug in the system.

Greed, often accompanied by sometimes insatiable hunger for power and control, has entered the equation. I doubt our hunter-gatherer ancestors had to cope with very much of that. (A greedy caveman would quickly be punished by his or her companions.)

So what's needed are ways of decoupling greed, and the selfish (or psychopathic) desire to diminish others, from capitalism. This does connect with the population question, because it's psychopathic greed that impacts the environment and all living things the most, and also (to a great extent) keeps the poorest and weakest in the world in their place.

It's capitalism that has allowed all that to flourish — like a pandemic of its own.
    I don't think our ancestors thought of it as work, it was just life and they were living it. It would have had many peaceful, idyllic moments interspersed among the hunting and gathering.

Where work came into being, and perhaps the moment the capitalism bug entered the system, was the Agricultural Revolution. Now they really did have to work hard, ploughing, tilling, watering, winnowing. Praying for rain, for no insects, no rats in the barns. And the goatherders, they had to watch their flocks all day to protect from predators. That's more like a prison sentence compared to the freedom they'd had as hunter/gatherers.

Meanwhile actual hunter gatherers would look on in bewilderment at what these crazy people were doing as they, themselves, were forced into smaller and smaller areas. More and more land needed for crops, livestock, building. Population would flourish in such times as successful harvests* and the consequences meant more resources were needed to feed and house such expansions.

It was also here that trades entered the equation. Bakers, millers, leatherworkers and tanners, carpenters etc and as wealth began to accumulate, assuming they'd avoided drought and plague, a new class emerged, poets and artists, songsters and entertainers. Alongside all that came fledgling bankers in the shape of exchange markets and moneylenders. A wealthy elite was mere generations away.

The toilers still toiled though, they'd given up their freedom in exchange for what looked like a potentially easier more secure way of living. It wasn't, not for them. Now they truly did work from dawn to dusk, much the same as farmers today, seven days a week.

But some part of humanity found the conditions very acceptable. The greedy caveman had found a way to survive very well indeed.

Edit:
    * An interesting fact about humanities population expansion during the various Agricultural Revolutions around the world..

..our diet became much less nutritional and..
    Quote Studies of ancient skeletons indicate that the transition to agriculture brought about a plethora of ailments, such as slipped discs, arthritis and hernias.

Source: Sapiens A Brief History of Humankind
    Last edited by Ewan; 21st December 2020 at 09:17.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th February 2021), Constance (16th February 2021), Dennis Leahy (28th August 2023), Icare (22nd December 2020), kfm27917 (21st December 2020), Mare (12th February 2021), Mashika (7th March 2021), Nasu (12th March 2021), Peace in Oz (11th February 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 435 posts

I'd say everyone on this forum reaps the benefits of Capitalism; tinkering on your technological device, brought to you from a creative and entrepreneurial human mind, for a start.
    Any system (or "ISM") created by humans, has the potentiality to better serve or not. Is the glass half empty or half full? If supply and demand becomes a formula that better serves the Earth (and therefore all creatures)...then great.

At this point in time there is a growing demand for organic foods, cruelty-free products, cleaner energy (not coal, but solar and wind), farmers' markets, recycling waste products, preserving forests, rivers and oceans; sanitation plants for cleaner air, water...
    It is humans that make choices and create positive change; free will is needed to be able to do this.
    So if you wanted to write a book, maybe a more honest title would be,
    How Humans Will Destroy the World.
    Last edited by lunaflare; 21st December 2020 at 09:39.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lunaflare For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th February 2021), Dennis Leahy (28th August 2023), Ewan (21st December 2020), Icare (22nd December 2020), Mashika (7th March 2021), mojo (31st August 2021), Nasu (12th March 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by lunaflare (here)
    I'd say everyone on this forum reaps the benefits of Capitalism; tinkering on your technological device, brought to you from a creative and entrepreneurial human mind, for a start.
    Any system (or "ISM") created by humans, has the potentiality to better serve or not. Is the glass half empty or half full? If supply and demand becomes a formula that better serves the Earth (and therefore all creatures)...then great.

At this point in time there is a growing demand for organic foods, cruelty-free products, cleaner energy (not coal, but solar and wind), farmers' markets, recycling waste products, preserving forests, rivers and oceans; sanitation plants for cleaner air, water...
    It is humans that make choices and create positive change; free will is needed to be able to do this.
    Creative minds exist whether Capitalism does or doesn't. The Soviets had some of the best creative minds at work on Vostok I when Yuri Gargarin became the first man to complete an earth orbit in 1961. Profit was not the goal. A creative mind does not have to be entrepreneurial and would probably be more effective when financial returns were never considered. Supply and demand is part and parcel of economics in today's world and is ever so easy to manipulate, free will is manipulated on a daily basis at this level through marketing and misinformation.

I agree there is increasing demand for organic foods, cleaner air, alternative power etc. It is still a small percentage of people though (most don't give it a second thought) and unfortuantely all the solutions are severely hampered by the need for profit. This is a simple enough thing to understand. No-one will be effective or efficient in any of the preceding ventures as long as profit is the primary goal of any venture.

Humans, given an appropriate education would never destroy the world. Contrary to the common premise of a mad, mad world humans are not insane. Undoubtedly a few of them are and unfortunately many of those are in high position amassing wealth in an insane Capitalist world. Those people do not actually care for money per se, they care for what money gives them. Power.

Capitalism is an insane premise, there can be no argument about that once one thinks it through to an inevitable conclusion. No system can be maintained on perpetual growth as resources are finite. There may be an argument raised if everything ever manufactured could be recycled effectively and re-used indefinitely. It seems unlikely to reach such a point as long as profit is the goal.

Earlier in the thread I pointed out how Capitalism began with the advent of the various Agricultural Revolutions that took place in the world at different times. In actual fact the roots of Capitalism began the moment human beings attached value to a thing. Shells, dyes and stones have all been used as bartering exchange commodites. Some individuals would have certainly capitalised on this. If I can travel three days to the coast and pick up shells from beaches then travel a further five days in the opposite direction to barter for things that previously I had to work quite hard to acquire then it seems an easier (dare I say more profitable?) solution.

Avarice is not a sin, it is just naive. Enlightened humans would not even entertain the idea of Capitalism, it is utter madness leading to every inequality you can think of and ending in disaster*.

* Literally - stars out of alignment.
    Synonyms: Catastrophe, cataclysm, apocalypse.

So, quite serious then.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

AutumnW (7th March 2021), Bill Ryan (16th February 2021), Constance (16th February 2021), Dennis Leahy (28th August 2023), Ernie Nemeth (7th March 2021), Mare (12th February 2021), Nasu (12th March 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,014 times in 2,416 posts

Capitalism will not and cannot "destroy the world." People or other entities, or a combination of both (regardless of the "ism"), or some force of nature, may be able to "destroy the world." But I do not think we need to worry about the world--Spaceship Earth. She will be just fine in the short term and in the long term. Humans as a species is another question and a different conversation.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Alan (17th February 2021), Bill Ryan (16th February 2021), chrifri (1st September 2021), Dennis Leahy (28th August 2023), mojo (31st August 2021), Nasu (12th March 2021), Strat (17th February 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Satori (here)
    Capitalism will not and cannot "destroy the world." People or other entities, or a combination of both (regardless of the "ism"), or some force of nature, may be able to "destroy the world." But I do not think we need to worry about the world--Spaceship Earth. She will be just fine in the short term and in the long term. Humans as a species is another question and a different conversation.
    It wasn't meant literally. Capitalism won't create the Milky Way Mk II. Capitalism followed through to its conclusion would leave the planet largely barren though.

Humans can destroy themselves in any number of ways, Capitalism being one which isn't considered but it certainly is one of those numerous ways.

I'll repeat my earlier statement for good measure. Capitalism is an insane premise - (profitting the few at the expense of EVERYTHING and EVERYONE else).

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

AutumnW (7th March 2021), Bill Ryan (16th February 2021), Constance (16th February 2021), DeDukshyn (16th February 2021), Dennis Leahy (28th August 2023), Ernie Nemeth (7th March 2021), Nasu (12th March 2021)

19. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,014 times in 2,416 posts

It wasn't meant literally. Capitalism won't create the Milky Way Mk II. Capitalism followed through to its conclusion would leave the planet largely barren though.

Humans can destroy themselves in any number of ways, Capitalism being one which isn't considered but it certainly is one of those numerous ways.

I'll repeat my earlier statement for good measure. Capitalism is an insane premise - (profitting the few at the expense of EVERYTHING and EVERYONE else).
    It is my view that, in general, the "ism" is not the problem. The problem is the people/entities operating under and pursuant to a particular "ism." G. Edward Griffin does a good job at addressing this issue. For instance, he has an interesting lecture on the paradox of "the rich socialist" (socialism); people amassing great wealth and power through the control of governments and ruling over the masses. He discusses how it is that a group of people, ostensibly interested in pursuing the greatest good for the greatest number, amass great fortunes and are typically totalitarian in their approach to government and rule over us all.

May I urge you to put "G. Edward Griffin" or "Reality Zone" and "The Myth and Meaning of Monopoly Capitalism" into a search engine and listen to his presentation? It is only about 45 minutes long. Griffin is an outstanding speaker.

It will be well worth your time.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

AutumnW (7th March 2021), Bill Ryan (7th March 2021), Blastolabs (5th October 2021), chrifri (1st September 2021), Constance (7th March 2021), Dennis Leahy (28th August 2023), Ewan (20th February 2021), mojo (31st August 2021), Nasu (12th March 2021), Strat (17th February 2021)

21. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

ddddddddddddddddddddddddd
    Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 05:12.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

AutumnW (7th March 2021), Bill Ryan (7th March 2021), Ernie Nemeth (7th March 2021), Ewan (20th February 2021), Nasu (12th March 2021), Peace in Oz (17th February 2021)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,306 times in 1,825 posts

What would be yalls alternative to capitalism? I don't mean to be a party pooper here but I appreciate capitalism. I know it's not 'the answer' but I don't know what is and if someone knows then I'd like to hear it.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

AutumnW (7th March 2021), Bill Ryan (7th March 2021), Dennis Leahy (28th August 2023), Ewan (20th February 2021), mojo (31st August 2021), Nasu (12th March 2021)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    What would be yalls alternative to capitalism? I don't mean to be a party pooper here but I appreciate capitalism. I know it's not 'the answer' but I don't know what is and if someone knows then I'd like to hear it.
    Hi Strat, that would be a whole new topic I feel, I do have several thoughts on that but nothing that could be construed as a blueprint for a better future. My intention was simply to demonstrate how capitalism cannot function indefinitely without collapse, which, personally, I believe should be apparent to all if enough consideration is given to the mechanisms and beliefs behind the concept.

It is my view that, in general, the "ism" is not the problem. The problem is the people/entities operating under and pursuant to a particular "ism." G. Edward Griffin does a good job at addressing this issue. For instance, he has an interesting lecture on the paradox of "the rich socialist" (socialism); people amassing great wealth and power through the control of governments and ruling over the masses. He discusses how it is that a group of people, ostensibly interested in pursuing the greatest good for the greatest number, amass great fortunes and are typically totalitarian in their approach to government and rule over us all.

May I urge you to put "G. Edward Griffin" or "Reality Zone" and "The Myth and Meaning of Monopoly Capitalism" into a search engine and listen to his presentation? It is only about 45 minutes long. Griffin is an outstanding speaker.

It will be well worth your time.
    Thank you Satori for reminding me of Griffin's lectures, it had been so long I'd almost forgotten them. (I would also apologies for such a late response but my father (94 years) is in end of life stages and I have been otherwise occupied.)

Griffin speaks with absolute accuracy in the talk you mention, but he does not go deep enough. I do not know if that means he simply hadn't continued his line of reasoning or he was fearful of going further. The crux of his presentation is perhaps the worst of the corruption that can become entwined with this particular "ism". If you water those thoughts down, making them perhaps innocuous, do they not still fit many of our current economic practices that are regarded as normal? I note also that you made no response to my statement that Capitalism followed through to its conclusion would leave the planet largely barren - is that not true in your opinion?

[END QUOTE REPONSES]

General response to all. I did inform Bill I was loathe to start this thread beacause I knew what a burden it would become to me personally. Presenting an idea so alien to many was never going to be easy, it requires a dissolution of some core beliefs that the vast majority do not even realise they hold to be true. The thread is clearly not generating much interest, (fine by me ), but I will endeavour to reply to any future responses as and when I am available.

PS: Constance.
    We are totally on the same page.
    Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    I've come to the conclusion that if we are to be sovereign beings, living a heaven on earth, money has no place in our lives.
    Last edited by Ewan; 7th March 2021 at 20:47. Reason: Correction

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

AutumnW (7th March 2021), Bill Ryan (7th March 2021), Constance (7th March 2021), Dennis Leahy (28th August 2023), Ernie Nemeth (7th March 2021), Nasu (12th March 2021)

27. Link to Post #14
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

It is hard to imagine another way.

The reason is always the same. Pick any topic. It does not matter what topic that might be. It comes down to the same thing every time.

We value this material world and our short time in this place. The shackles of fear and pain and the biological overlay to propagate force us to value our continuance, both individually and more importantly collectively. We are hard wired in this regard.

'Life' is hard. And there is no guarantee for any of us. Is it true? Or is it false? Since we are here we can only arrive at the obvious conclusion.

There is a reason why the finite can never arrive at infinity - it is the same reason why all 'life' is finite.

It is 'fun' to play in the mud. But eventually is irritates the cracks and crevices, the folds and creases, of our physical forms and it becomes imperative to bathe. No one remains clean in this world forever. Eventually the fun wears thin.

The moment we are free of these mortal coils is the moment we realize we are other than this body and we are more than this puny 'life'. It is often fun for a time but for most it becomes a burden and death a welcome relief.

There are two strategies: immediate selfish gratification or selfless service. The first is our world. The second is God's. If sophistication and technology is the means to the first, then what of the second?

In our world it is obvious where technological prowess is prominent because it is stark and intrusive; and rigid.
    The second goes unseen.
    And when we do see the second we often miss its significance and wonder.
    Why would a group of devotees imagine their prayers uphold the world.
    What good comes of living in a cave forever staring at a shadow on the wall?

We love these bodies of dirt and dust, of water and mud. We wish to possess it, forever to cling to its fragile form. To clean it and preen it and satisfy its desires. And still it putrefies, decays, and ceases to function. Our obsession always disappoints. All possessions always disappoint. It is never enough and it never will be. No matter how clever the ploy, no matter how complicated the effort, the body will always eventually return to the dust from which it was made.

This is the premise, the conclusion, the wisdom...we never want to admit.

To possess anything is futile; It is impossible to possess. It is antithetic to the human experience. And yet it is the basic, most fundamental tenet of the modern world.

To possess is to protect.
    To protect is to defend.
    To defend is to deprive.
    To deprive is to despise.
    To despise is to hate.
    To hate is to kill.
    To kill is to war.
    To war is to possess.

It is a never ending chain reaction of despair. A circle that continues in a cycle. It is a poor facsimile, a comical charade, this attempt to mimic the eternal. But it is mistaken.

Now imagine what selfless service, implemented on a world-wide scale, would accomplish...Imagine what love could do - what it cannot do is all those pointless words above.

Imagine the spiralling heights to which LOVE could take us!

that has never been tried before

come on, let's try

Let's build an economy on selfless, boundless, eternal love.
    !!!for that is what we are!!!
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th March 2021), Constance (7th March 2021), Dennis Leahy (28th August 2023), Ewan (7th March 2021), Nasu (12th March 2021)

29. Link to Post #15
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,825 times in 3,335 posts

So what's the point in even writing it. Humanity, as a whole, has no interest in being saved. Sad but true. I believe the planet, as is, is a baptism of fire to promote spiritual growth, and the small pay-off, (percentage-wise of rapid awakening,) is worth the cost. What reason/cause for (spiritual) growth if we live in comfort and bliss wanting for nothing?

Why did I post this here, in The Depopulation Plan thread? The last chapter of the book would have been a description how the future would actually look in a capitalist free world. In that chapter I explained that the human population would almost certainly stabilise at around 8 billion, fluctuating between 7.5 and 8.5 over the decades with 96% of beings very content with life.

That is not why we are here, in 3-dimensional form, it is not where we belong. Bliss cannot be found in circumstances, only in the mind, and mind is not to be confined to such a 3-dimensional existence.

I'm not sure, ultimately, how that helps humanities real intention of awakening, so the book will never be written.
    Quote My reticence for writing is simply that I have zero qualifications to write such a book and even if I did a sterling job of research, collating and presentation it would be dismissed by the majority of 'listened to' experts because it would be too disturbing to contemplate in its entirety
    Probably best reason to start writing it
    Tired

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th March 2021), Constance (7th March 2021), Dennis Leahy (28th August 2023), Ewan (7th March 2021), Nasu (12th March 2021)

31. Link to Post #16
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,825 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by lunaflare (here)

In the USSR, there was a video call system like way back in the 70's or so, even before computers. I know this because my grand father told me all about it

NASA used similar tech, but it was not really available to normal people i think, yet in the USSR you could just walk into a room and make your video call

You went into a booth and place a coin or something like that, then it would use TV channels to create the connection between two people on different parts of Russia, and they would talk while watching their faces on a tv screen. This had nothing to do with Capitalism, yet it was beyond anything else other countries had at that time

"How humans will destroy the world they created for themselves" is a better one
    Last edited by Mashika; 7th March 2021 at 22:53.
    Tired

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th March 2021), Dennis Leahy (28th August 2023), East Sun (7th March 2021), Ewan (7th March 2021), happyend (31st August 2023), Nasu (12th March 2021)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,328 times in 2,365 posts

Well, capitalism without capital is called a market economy. It's capital that corrupts the market. Or rather, people with capital.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th April 2021), Dennis Leahy (28th August 2023), Ewan (8th March 2021), happyend (31st August 2023), Nasu (12th March 2021)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,024 times in 1,086 posts

Hi Ewan

Reading through this thread makes me think two things, firstly that in it's entirety it is a very good argument for you writing the book and secondly, you've already started, just keep going. What better way to present a concept in the round than via the use of opposing avatars with opposing views, Plato's stuff springs to mind. If it flopps it says something about society. If it succeeds it says something else about society.

Or it could metastasis into something else entirely, the creator of the game Monopoly a lady called Elizabeth Magie, belonged to a group set against unfair landlords and their capitalistic ways. She made the game to highlight the intrinsically futile way that within the capitalist model in any given market ultimately one or two or three big fish will end up owning everything and everyone, at the total economic and societal destruction of everyone else.

Unfortunately the game was a huge failure in showing the failings of the system but instead was a huge success because so many people loved trying to be the one, two or three big fish. People love an opportunity to play with greed, especially when cloaked in a family game. People also love to build empires, even when the outcome is binary, either total victory or complete defeat. One thing can become another, but nothing or no thing has no chance of changing any thing.

For want of a nail the horse shoe was lost, for want of a horse shoe the horse was lost, for want of a horse the messenger was lost, for want of a message the battle was lost, for want of a battle the war was lost, for want of a war the empire was lost. For want of a nail.

Don't be for want of a nail. Don't be THAT guy. Be the nail you wish to see change the world. So what's the worst that could happen if you wrote the book? Sell the capitalists the book or rope to hang them with?

From what little I can glean from our short digital time together, I would say you are rebellious at heart. Surely creating a best selling book about How Capitalism will Destroy the World is at worst profiting from irony and at best a huge moon at the system as a whole. I say hold up your sporran and pull up your kilt and bend over and show them what you've got to say!

I'll buy your book. They say the first sale is always the hardest.......x....... N
    Last edited by Nasu; 12th March 2021 at 03:43.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th April 2021), Constance (12th March 2021), Dennis Leahy (28th August 2023), Ewan (16th March 2021), Hym (12th March 2021)

37. Link to Post #19
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

ddddddddddddddddddddddddd
    Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 03:24.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th April 2021), Blastolabs (5th October 2021), Ewan (16th March 2021), Gracy (12th March 2021), Mike (12th March 2021), Nasu (12th March 2021)

39. Link to Post #20
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 18:43.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th April 2021), Ewan (16th April 2021), Nasu (15th April 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast