+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Matthew Mournian: Multidimensional Healer, or Another Pretender?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,308 times in 5,692 posts

Default Matthew Mournian: Multidimensional Healer, or Another Pretender?

For those that have watched his recent interviews with Leon Isaac Kennedy, Adrienne Youngblood, Jordan Sather, and Laura Eisenhower, the title of this thread is pretty self-explanatory.

If you haven't seen the videos, go have a look. Five minutes should be sufficient.

He claims to be a "multidimensional energy healer" and "intuitive reader". He also claims to have been singled out by a galactic counsel to expose Goode. And if you need any more proof that he's a complete and utter ****, he proudly uses phrases like "soul group", and words like "ascension", over and over and over again. If you don't want to slap him yet then maybe this thread isn't for you.

In his bio, he claims to have worked in addiction counseling and mental health. My guess is that stuff wasn't buying enough bread and butter and so now he's doing this sh!t. Here's a link to his weird site: https://www.rememberyourmission.com/

It's obvious - for a whole host of reasons - after watching him that he's purely self-interested. I knew he was selling something, I just didn't know what. So I went and checked it out. And it's exactly as I expected. He's selling sh!t. Utter sh!t. Except he has a whole bunch of fancy, new-agey names for that sh!t. Here they are, along with his rates:

Implant/Attachment/Parasite Removal: $144

Starseed Mission Clearing Protocol: $200

Psychic/ Intuitive Reading and Consult: $125

Energy Clearing/Psychic Reading Package: $500

Blue Flame Attunement Process $125

Timeline Reading and Clearing Protocol: $95

(Zoom Workshop)4th Density Survival Series: Chakra Cleaning and Activation Process: $222

Short disclaimer: I understand there are people in the world, and here on Avalon, with unique and maybe even esoteric abilities. This thread isn't an indictment on them. It's solely intended towards someone I feel is exploiting those areas for profit.
    Last edited by Mike; 2nd January 2021 at 18:32.

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

anandacate (27th December 2020), Anka (27th December 2020), atman (28th December 2020), Bill Ryan (26th December 2020), Brenya (28th December 2020), Brigantia (27th December 2020), Constance (27th December 2020), daddy-keith (27th December 2020), Did You See Them (26th December 2020), ExomatrixTV (27th December 2020), Franny (27th December 2020), GroovieBean (27th December 2020), Iancorgi (27th December 2020), Ioneo (26th December 2020), Ivanhoe (27th December 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (28th December 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (28th December 2020), RunningDeer (26th December 2020), shijo (4th January 2021), toppy (27th December 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Default Re: Matthew Mournian: Multidimensional Healer, or Another Pretender?

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    For those that have watched his recent interviews with Leon Isaac Kennedy, Adrienne Youngblood, Jordan Sather, and Laura Eisenhower, the title of this thread is pretty self-explanatory.

If you haven't seen the videos, go have a look. Five minutes should be sufficient.

Matthew Mournian - Forward Action Committee - A Council for Truth

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

7alon (16th December 2023), Bill Ryan (26th December 2020), daddy-keith (27th December 2020), Franny (27th December 2020), GroovieBean (27th December 2020), iota (28th December 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (28th December 2020), Mike (26th December 2020), toppy (27th December 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,713 times in 20,824 posts

you forgot "inter-dimensional portal fart remover" only today for just $666,-
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 27th December 2020 at 00:34.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

GroovieBean (27th December 2020), Ivanhoe (27th December 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (28th December 2020), Maknocktomb (27th December 2020), Mike (27th December 2020), scotslad (4th January 2021), toppy (27th December 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

A little context is in order:

Matthew has several tells that indicate to me that he's naive at best and totally disingenuous at worst.

1) His stubbornly repetitive use of the phrase "soul group". He's obviously trying to emphasize this concept as a means of identifying a group of people he intends to influence or lead in some way. By labeling everyone who has been part of the Goode saga, both directly and indirectly, as part of a "soul group", he's artificially manufacturing a crowd of people that otherwise wouldn't identify with him and his merry group of misfits. "Soul group" puts you in by default almost. And by appearing in video after video and repeating this phrase ad-nauseam, he's positioning himself as the leader of what is essentially a straw man group.

2) The labels he assigns himself are nonsense, cannot be objectively verified in any way, require no training, and only exist to sound impressive to people who don't know any better. Anyone could give themselves those labels. They mean NOTHING. But to a useful idiot they may mean dollars in Matthew's pocket (see my O.P.)

3) He frequently emphasizes that he will not be attempting to debunk Goode's story. This is presented as some kind of magnanimity on Matthew's part, but is really an attempt to preserve "ascension" and other wonky new age concepts because he has a financial motivation for keeping that game going. The new age circus must go on, you see.

4) His repetitive use of the word "ascension". What is ascension anyway? Well, nobody quite knows but it draws flakes like moths to a flame. And look out for the ascension courses that he will surely be offering soon. Because if you don't ascend you'll be left behind, you see? And who wants that? So you better learn how to prepare for it. But wait, how do I prepare for it? Matthew can help me? You're kidding! No way! Well count me in. $500? No problemo!

"Blue Flame Attunement"? "Starseed Mission Clearing Protocol"? Even Goode is somewhere wincing at those ones right now.

Bill or mods, could you please change the thread title to: Matthew Mournian: Multidimensional Weasel? I actually feel pretty strongly about that. Thanks
    Last edited by Mike; 27th December 2020 at 01:32.

8. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

7alon (16th December 2023), Anka (27th December 2020), Bill Ryan (27th December 2020), Brigantia (27th December 2020), Constance (27th December 2020), daddy-keith (27th December 2020), ExomatrixTV (27th December 2020), GroovieBean (27th December 2020), Iancorgi (27th December 2020), Ivanhoe (28th December 2020), Journeyman (28th December 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (28th December 2020), Maknocktomb (27th December 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (28th December 2020), RunningDeer (27th December 2020), toppy (27th December 2020), wondering (27th December 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

While I have not yet had time to watch his interview with Leon Issac Kennedy, I think Matthew Mournain is to be commended for the interviews he has done. He brought out three people who had an important story to tell about their relationship with the strange, twisted entity we know as Corey Goode. I guess all three of them felt that Matthew Mournain was the right person to help them tell their story.

As a long time member and participant of the this forum, I would like to apologize to Mournain, that this forum has been used for a most unfortunate personal attack upon his character. The thread title "Multidimensional Weasel " is not only completely undeserved, it is completely inaccurate, even if wanted to seize upon a personal flaw and then grossly exaggerate it for character defamation purposes. "Weasel" is used to indicate that someone is a slacker, as in "weasel your way out", and yet Mournain made a tremendous effort to produce these three interviews. "Weasel" might also means "predatory carnivorous animal", which is also quite ironic, considering the information Mournain brings out here is a warning to be wary of predators like Corey Goode.

He has been faulted for using a lot of lot of new age jargon. Well, there is no denying that. The fact is, there are a lot of interviews out there where the speakers demonstrate that they:
    • have a political ideology that is quite right wing
    • have a political ideology that is quite left wing
    • have a worldview informed by a fundamentalist religion
    • are extremely politically incorrect
    • are overly and excessively politically correct
    • use an abundance of cliches or swear words in their speech
    • have really bad teeth, clothes, makeup, hair pieces, etc.

Despite these qualities, many of the videos contain unique, important and essential information. My advice to people is to get over these things because if you are focused on superficiality, you might miss a really important message. And my advice to Matthew would be to limit some of his new age jargon because your message might not reach not just the majority who get the true meaning of what you and your guests have to say, but also the minority that get focused on the superficialities.

I also can't understand faulting him because he does not want to debunk the entire mythology Corey Goode's has created, other than the idea that Corey Goode is a decent compassionate human being with fair business practices. He is focusing on part of the story, not the whole thing. The most important audience to be reached right now are those people who are still following him. Many of his follower have been dissuaded not because they came to realize that the Blue Avians story was a piece of fiction, but because they witnessed the selfish, cruel and egomanical behavior's of Corey Goode. Kudos for Mournian for not preaching to the choir but focusing on the people who most need to hear this story.

I am not sure, but this seems to be the beginning of Mournians career as an interviewer and I think he should be commended and I look forward to seeing him grow in that capacity as an interviewer.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th December 2020), ExomatrixTV (28th December 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (28th December 2020), Mike (27th December 2020), Reinhard (2nd January 2021), RunningDeer (27th December 2020), wondering (27th December 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Fair enough Chris. I respect all that

But I stand by everything I said.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

7alon (16th December 2023), Bill Ryan (28th December 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (28th December 2020), Kryztian (28th December 2020), Reinhard (2nd January 2021), RunningDeer (27th December 2020), wondering (27th December 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Here's my perspective: He's not interested in taking down Goode in the interests of the alternative community, or the "soul group" at all. He's interested in making a name for himself and positioning himself as another Goode-type character. Just look at the bio he's presenting us with. It's eerily similar to Goode's.

This is that bio:
    ...he claims that he's been brought into a forward action committee as a human intermediary working as basically an intelligence contractor on behalf of an astral intelligence agency ..one of the actual galactic counsels that is assisting with the disclosure process and ascension process for them in this soul group ...and has been given direct authorization by spirit to engage (Goode)

If that doesn't have alarms going off on the base of your skull, I don't know what will.

He's doing the chosen one act Chris. Look, I have no tolerance for that. NONE. The alternative community is in such shambles precisely because we have tolerated that type of sh!t.

I've seen enough. Perhaps that appears intolerant to some, but I'm afraid that's where I'm at. I view my intolerance as a very healthy intolerance. I don't like the word "attack" when it's applied to anything other than the physical, but I'll use your language here: If I'm "attacking" him, it's precisely because he's already attacked. The only difference between he and I is that he's cloaking his attack in magnanimity and goodwill and I'm being direct and honest about mine.

A) he's blatantly lying, obviously, about being selected by an "astral intelligence agency" to act as a human intermediary (which is nearly word for word what Goode has said about himself. Hello irony!) in order to draw attention to himself and position himself as a leader in the community

B) He's exploiting that attention to sell all his bullsh!t, which i listed in my original post. Have you looked at that?

C) He refuses to debunk the Goode story, not because he wants to focus solely on Goode's mistreatment of others, but because his story is nearly the same, and it must remain relevant in the eyes of those he means to sell his crap to

D) He's trying to resurrect "ascension", of all things, which is something nearly all of us recognize as a cult'ish red flag.

Plus, please see this post by none other than GroovieBean, who knows more about this stuff than all of us put together because she's actually experienced it firsthand. She's not very complimentary of Matthew:https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...=1#post1398810

If we desire truth, and real disclosure, then it's my view that we should offer zero tolerance for this type of exploitative flakery.
    Last edited by Mike; 27th December 2020 at 22:12.

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

7alon (16th December 2023), atman (28th December 2020), Bill Ryan (28th December 2020), Constance (27th December 2020), Did You See Them (27th December 2020), ExomatrixTV (28th December 2020), GroovieBean (27th December 2020), Ivanhoe (28th December 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (28th December 2020), Kryztian (28th December 2020), mokosh (28th December 2020), Reinhard (2nd January 2021), RunningDeer (27th December 2020), sunflower (28th December 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (28th December 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

the INNER CIRCLE; its all to just save face, break away from damage done w/ CG ; the cult picking up the umbrella and planting it down without CG.
    Matt I believe was "trained" by Eric R. another circuit rider. we all met at Shasta 2016, I invited Matt/derrick to the podcast where we all met in person & did the interview (derrick, matt, eric r, rr, jd, laura, cg, salla, potter, rene & a bunch of other folks were at the private podcast event); matt been touring with them ever since as speaker/healer . IMO any "counselor" that calls another person a "professional victim" (which was done in the chat the other night) is so far from a healer its beyond a disgrace; imo its abuse.
    IMO They owe the entire genre an authentic apology, but based on the blathering cult rhetoric they are all still laying down that window has closed.. it is apparent to me they are all still very programmed/brainwashed. again, he was not a healer then and imo is certainly not a professional one now after a few years. (not sure if his disclosure counselor stuff was active then, referencing all the (woo woo) healing stuff. Gosh , had him and Derrick on my gb channel back then too lol.
    Lets not forget MECN, FDN, FDP, Stillness FB groups/private groups/ task force groups where the cult gathers; gaslit; mind controlled. most cult member met in Stillness 2015/16 -FDN then to MECN where one is verbally abused if said anything out of cult beliefs.
    Someday, MAYBE a proper documentary will be done. one that actually has first hand experiencers & all the proper evidence. (wonder if that is what RR/matt is doing ?? recruiting victims stories on that website) From what I have found out and including myself the first handers are ignored.
    To disrespect the historical facts, is to disrespect the many victims; WE are trying to heal.
    If Tom Cruise came forward and said he is not a scientologist, or in a cult , that he is "independent" to the cult, would you believe that? just because this one is losing one of the many leaders doesn't make it any less dangerous.
    These people (maybe not all: 2017 scenario death threats still active I doubt Leon knows) KNEW AND KNOW OF WHAT AND WHOM WAS HURT/TARGETED/CYBERSTALKED/GANGSTALKED YET DID NOTHING BUT CONTINUE THEIR TOURS/videos/groups/docus etc....
    I pray that Matt gets deprogrammed, that Leon gets the truth (w/out the inner circle). imo Laura and JS are um... well leave it at that.
    AGAIN THAT LIST THEY HAD ON THE VIDEO was inaccurate & IMO has dangerous gurus on it.

I Respect any different opinions, for me the blatant agenda they are trying to pull off is a royal slap in the face to everyone and it is also evident they think people are stupid. SADLY it is true that; Yes they will continue because it is a cult, yes they will keep scamming people, yes they will make more documentaries. It is the nature of their BEAST.

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to GroovieBean For This Post:

7alon (17th December 2023), Bill Ryan (28th December 2020), Brigantia (28th December 2020), Ivanhoe (28th December 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (28th December 2020), Kryztian (28th December 2020), Mike (28th December 2020), Reinhard (2nd January 2021), RunningDeer (28th December 2020), sunflower (28th December 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (28th December 2020), wondering (28th December 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    Australia Avalon Member Tracie (Bodhicee)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,049 times in 420 posts

"A little context is in order:

Matthew has several tells that indicate to me that he's naive at best and totally disingenuous at worst.

1) His stubbornly repetitive use of the phrase "soul group". He's obviously trying to emphasize this concept as a means of identifying a group of people he intends to influence or lead in some way. By labeling everyone who has been part of the Goode saga, both directly and indirectly, as part of a "soul group", he's artificially manufacturing a crowd of people that otherwise wouldn't identify with him and his merry group of misfits. "Soul group" puts you in by default almost. And by appearing in video after video and repeating this phrase ad-nauseam, he's positioning himself as the leader of what is essentially a straw man group.

2) The labels he assigns himself are nonsense, cannot be objectively verified in any way, require no training, and only exist to sound impressive to people who don't know any better. Anyone could give themselves those labels. They mean NOTHING. But to a useful idiot they may mean dollars in Matthew's pocket (see my O.P.)

3) He frequently emphasizes that he will not be attempting to debunk Goode's story. This is presented as some kind of magnanimity on Matthew's part, but is really an attempt to preserve "ascension" and other wonky new age concepts because he has a financial motivation for keeping that game going. The new age circus must go on, you see.

4) His repetitive use of the word "ascension". What is ascension anyway? Well, nobody quite knows but it draws flakes like moths to a flame. And look out for the ascension courses that he will surely be offering soon. Because if you don't ascend you'll be left behind, you see? And who wants that? So you better learn how to prepare for it. But wait, how do I prepare for it? Matthew can help me? You're kidding! No way! Well count me in. $500? No problemo!

"Blue Flame Attunement"? "Starseed Mission Clearing Protocol"? Even Goode is somewhere wincing at those ones right now.

Bill or mods, could you please change the thread title to: Matthew Mournian: Multidimensional Weasel? I actually feel pretty strongly about that. Thanks
    "

Very lucid points Mike.
    Last edited by Tracie (Bodhicee); 28th December 2020 at 04:24.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tracie (Bodhicee) For This Post:

7alon (17th December 2023), Bill Ryan (28th December 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (28th December 2020), Mike (28th December 2020), RunningDeer (28th December 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

This is that bio:
    ...he claims that he's been brought into a forward action committee as a human intermediary working as basically an intelligence contractor on behalf of an astral intelligence agency ..one of the actual galactic counsels that is assisting with the disclosure process and ascension process for them in this soul group ...and has been given direct authorization by spirit to engage (Goode)
    Well, he does have a sense of mission and purpose! There are others who think they have a karmic destiny to fulfill, that they are here serving Jesus, that they are performing a task over multiple incarnations on this planet, or, like the Blues Brothers, they are "on a mission from God." I think that's a good thing, especially when all some people think they can do to save the world is fill out a ballot for Trump/Biden, or lie in bed in their COVID quarantine and watch reruns of "The Kardashians" while eating a pint of Haagen Daaz. Having a purpose sure beat nihilism!

Quote He's doing the chosen one act Chris.
    Where does he say that? Where does he say his purpose is higher than yours, his mission is more important than others, more special? That he is something that you aren't???

The only thing I see him selling is his services as an energy healer and a psychic. This is someone that a lot of us on Avalon here do in some capacity or others, mostly for free, and frequently in a rather low key way. Since this is all stuff one does with the the non-verbal mind, I thinks its always best when we don't say too much about it. However, people like Mourain often go on babbling in a a lingo that relies heavily on words like "quantum" and "multi-dimensional". While I find this a bit tiresome, those are the people who usually end up getting clients and are able to make a living at energy healing, and it's an honest living providing services that some people need and appreciate.

Quote He's exploiting that attention to sell all his bullsh!t, which i listed in my original post. Have you looked at that?
    I've been addressing some of the issues in your above posts. I didn't feel a need or have the time to address every single one.

Many of the things you are referring to as "bullsh!t" are things I do as well, although do not charge for them. I've done energy healing for people in hospitals, in hospice, living with HIV/AIDS, people with injuries or depression. I can tell you that many of them have been most appreciative and felt something there that was real and transformative. I can't expect you to understand, but unless you do, is it really necessary for you to denounce this all as "bullsh!t" ?

Quote He's trying to resurrect "ascension", of all things, which is something nearly all of us recognize as a cult'ish red flag.
    "Ascension" is just one of many words that reflect a common belief that humans, both as individuals and as a civilization, are progressing, evolving, improving, "raising their vibrations", "channeling higher energies", "moving to a higher density" etc. , etc., etc. Most of the people who utilize such language are focused on self improvement. The word "ascension" is poor choice or wording, thanks to creepazoid hucksters like David Wilcock.

Quote please see this post by none other than GroovieBean, who knows more about this stuff than all of us put together because she's actually experienced it firsthand
    I see Yvonne's post below and have put off reading it until addressing the issue with you, although I do value her opinion and that she has 1st hand experience with him. But first, I wanted to address Mournian purely as a media figure - from his interviews and his website - which is also the basis of your opinions above too.

In addition to Corey Goode, there are a host of other nebulous characters in his wake. People who we do need to call out, expose their actions, learn more about their behind the scenes activities, and if they issue a full, heartfelt apology (as many have done), spread that word too. Let's take a closer look at Joy Jackson, Jordan Sather, Liz Lorie, Valarie Yanaros, Michael Salla, Jimmy Church, Jirka Rysavy and all the others who profiteered off of Corey Goode and tossed decent human beings under the bus. We've done some fine work on these stories and a lot more remains to be done, but more truth needs to be revealed. Sorry, but this screed against Mournain really cheapens the work many of us have done here and cultivates the idea that Project Avalon is a purely negative place bent on personal attack against everyone who doesn't completely denounce their past in absolutist terms.

I really hope you will rethink whether he deserves to be characterized as a "weasel."
    Last edited by Kryztian; 28th December 2020 at 06:30.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th December 2020), ExomatrixTV (28th December 2020), Mike (28th December 2020), RunningDeer (28th December 2020), wondering (28th December 2020)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Hi Chris, My opening post was clumsy. I'll grant you that. I could have done better than calling him a c#nt and listing his rates. I was tired and moody when I wrote it. Maybe I should have waited. But I think I've explained myself pretty well in subsequent posts.

It's true, Matthew does have a mission and a purpose. But unfortunately the same could be said of Corey Goode. And nearly anything is better than nihilism, so judging his particular belief system favorably in relation to it isn't saying much. He hasn't shot up a church or kidnapped anyone yet, as far as I know, but the absence of those acts hardly makes his case for him. You and I just have distinctly different views on what his mission and purpose is. And fair enough. That's cool.

Re The Chosen One Act: Where does he say that? He says it when he declares that he was chosen by the galactic counsel as an emissary between them and earth humans. That's pretty clear to me. I wasn't chosen, you weren't chosen, Bill wasn't chosen...in fact no one else on this planet, population 7.5 billion, was chosen other than Matthew Mournian, he of the "blueflame attunement" and "starseed mission clearing" protocols. Are you really not moved by that in any way? Look, even an unintelligent charlatan knows well enough to not overtly declare himself special. The textbook cult leader move is to suggest specialness thru the chosen one act and then humbly deny it when confronted (and also by dangling secret knowledge that only he has access to but never quite gets deliverered...unless you pay for it of course).

I think it's great what you're doing as far as energy healings for people in hospital. I applaud you (people I love and respect have done similar for me). And I don't necessarily have any problem with people seeing psychics either. Or soul groups for that matter (I think something like that probably exists in some way). It's not so much the words he's choosing that annoys me(although they do), it's why he's choosing to use them and the frequency with which he uses them that's the problem. But I've already explained all that. There's nothing terribly objectionable about that stuff, but when you marry it all with the chosen one act and monetize it, there's a real problem there.

As far as the "weasel" thing, well, I think he's a weasel. By that I mean a sneak, or a fake. Sometimes sarcasm and some degree of ridicule is the only appropriate response to something absurd. At least that's how I feel. I know my style isn't for everyone and that's cool. But that's how I feel. What can I say?

I respect your opinion and I'm glad you posted here. So thank you. It's made me think a little more about what I've been saying. Plus it's always healthy to have opposing views. But although I could have been a little less crude perhaps, I still feel the same way basically. I'm glad Matthew made the interviews happen and I'm pleased those testimonies (mainly Kennedy's) are now available to the public, but ultimately I see Matthew as being no different than all the names you listed in your last paragraph.
    Last edited by Mike; 28th December 2020 at 09:23.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

atman (28th December 2020), Bill Ryan (28th December 2020), Constance (28th December 2020), ExomatrixTV (28th December 2020), Ivanhoe (28th December 2020), Journeyman (28th December 2020), Kryztian (28th December 2020), RunningDeer (28th December 2020), wondering (28th December 2020)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,534 times in 32,788 posts

Just my $.02 here. I think maybe a better title might have been Multidimensional Pretender.

Of course, Matthew is well-meaning. That's not in doubt. But the issue may be that this is just adding to the whole problem, which is kinda rampant out there.

Many reading this, yours truly included, have had strange experiences, perceptions, and unanswered questions about themselves. Some of those can be bewilderingly complex, and require a great deal of patience, introspection, and sometimes sheer hard work to get to the bottom of and understand.

There are layers within layers. Often, little may be obvious. In my own case, I had to work on one particular personal enigma for ten whole years before I discovered how all the jigsaw pieces fitted together.

So, Matthew is naive. Kudos to him for not being a regular consumer-human, not questioning a thing that he's fed by school, parents, the media, and (sometimes) by science. But as with many New Agers, it's rather an out-of-the-frying-pan-into-the-fire thing.

Not only is he naive (he's not aware enough to realize he's unaware of many things), but he's grandstanding, verbose and self-important. He interrupts all the time and is a very poor interviewer. Whether he's aware of it or not, he wants to be in the spotlight.

He thinks he knows all about this long story, but he understands little of the real history of Corey and his entourage. He's a newbie on the scene. He thinks he's another savior.... and, please, we need rather less of those, charging a lot of money for word-salad online courses and services.

It's not really about Matthew. He's just one of many on the scene. He's simply an example making himself available to look at. My guess is that if we could visit him again in 20 years' time, he'd be honest enough to say that he'd learned a very great deal in those years and rather cringed when listening again to his young, green, 2020 self.

There are some human 'saviors' — so to speak. Real people, doing real spiritual work. They're usually modest, quiet, unannounced, seeking no credit and often not even money. They just do what they're here to do. It's very simple.

Tony Stark (Marvel's "Iron Man") was bombastic, egotistical and sometimes insufferable (though a great entertainer ), but at least he got the job done. The real issue is with those who make a lot of noise and actually do very little except lead people astray from real philosophical and metaphysical work.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 28th December 2020 at 12:02.

24. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (28th December 2020), atman (28th December 2020), Brigantia (28th December 2020), Constance (28th December 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (2nd January 2021), Ernie Nemeth (4th January 2021), ExomatrixTV (28th December 2020), Ivanhoe (28th December 2020), Kryztian (28th December 2020), kudzy (29th December 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (28th December 2020), Mike (28th December 2020), muxfolder (28th December 2020), Reinhard (2nd January 2021), RunningDeer (28th December 2020), shamballaOn (28th December 2020), Ti (28th December 2020), Wind (28th December 2020), wondering (28th December 2020), Yoda (28th December 2020)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Bill, I am willing to buy your $0.02 description of Matthew, even at several times the advertised price. I agree that some of his interjections during the interviews are annoying, however, through time, personal growth, etc. I do see some good interviewing/hosting skills there that eventually could result in him being a good interviewer. But I don't think calling him a "pretender" is quite accurate. You might call him "self deluded" due to his rather excitable ego and the sea of new age jargon he swims in, but I don't see that he is pretending to be any one he doesn't honestly believe himself to be.

Many members of Project Avalon have done some really good work investigating liars, frauds and hucksters in the Conspiracy, Health, Ufology and New Age sectors and look forward to that continuing to happen. The world really needs this because there are many more creepy critters that crawled out of the same dark hole that produced Corey Goode! And Matthew Mournain is doing that work took, and just produce three extensive interviews that are mandatory viewing for many of us, yet he gets welcomed to the community by some of the harshest words and most over critical examination I have ever seen on the forum.

I know that there are many more Corey Goode insiders that are now disaffected by him and would like to tell there story. There are several things holding them back from coming forth publicly 1) the shame of having ever believed Goode's story and being involved with his group 2) legal retribution by Goode (this fear should be lessened by the fact that many people being sued by Corey are now speaking out, like Youngblood and Kennedy 3) the idea that if you come forward to tell the truth, that afterwards, when people enter your in an internet search one of the top results will be your name followed by words like "Interdimensional Weasel" and a link to Project Avalon where the details of your life are dissected in the most vicious possible way.

I don't know if Project Avalon has ever deleted any threads and I don't expect this one to be deleted, but I certainly wouldn't mind if it were. This thread is not only unfair and unkind to Matthew Mourain, but also to all the members here who do real work investigating the fakes and frauds out there, and do so by employing critical thinking skills and fact based research, and try and keep their own emotional baggage out of the way. There really are weasels out there and we really do need to drive them out of their weasel holes into the light of day.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th December 2020), Mike (28th December 2020), RunningDeer (28th December 2020), wondering (28th December 2020)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

But Chris, I am using facts and critical thinking. I've listed them very clearly.

If there's emotion in my posts it's because I firmly believe he's a cheat and a fraud (and not a kind man at all. did you read about his treatment of GroovieBean?). I think some emotion is justified in such cases. So I called him a "weasel". Is that really so vicious? Would you feel any different about the thread if I titled it, 'Matthew Mourian: Not A Swell Fellow'?

He's presenting himself as a chosen one and trying to monetize that. That's a real problem. And with all due respect to Bill, I don't think he's well-intentioned at all. But say I'm wrong for a moment - then that would mean he is well intentioned but heavily deluded and likely mentally ill in some way. Well, either way people should know, right? Thus this thread. I think it's important.

If you feel that strongly about it, I'm ok with a thread title change. How about 'Matthew Mournian: Deluded New Age Savior?' The question mark suggests I may be wrong. That's about as much goodwill as I can muster for him.
    Last edited by Mike; 28th December 2020 at 19:21.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th December 2020), Chris Gilbert (28th December 2020), GroovieBean (30th December 2020), RunningDeer (28th December 2020), wondering (28th December 2020)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

If you feel that strongly about it, I'm ok with a thread title change. How about 'Matthew Mournian: Deluded New Age Savior?' The question mark suggests I may be wrong. That's about as much goodwill as I can muster for him.
    Lots of great points made by all.

A compromise. That's way cool, Mike.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 28th December 2020 at 23:36.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th December 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (2nd January 2021), GroovieBean (30th December 2020), Mike (28th December 2020)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Sounds good to me Paula

Mods feel free to change if you like.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

GroovieBean (30th December 2020), RunningDeer (28th December 2020)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Mike,

When it comes to calling out charlatans, the best critical thinking skills on the forum are found in the posts of snoop4truth. This guy does a tremendous amount of research and collects a ton of information before he takes the step of calling someone out for their chicanery. And most of snoop's energies are focused on putting the information out there and substantiating it, not trying to define the intentions and nature of the individual.

Behind any good critical thinking skills is logic. The logic here seems to be "Michael Mourain is A, therefore he is also B." Here A is his 1) speaking in jargon (here: New Age) 2) doing energy healing work and charging for it and 3) believing he has some kind of destiny or purpose. And B is that he is a "weasel." As I mentioned in my posts above, many decent honest people have the attributes defined in A and do not deserve to be called "weasels". While you might believe that his belief system is deluded or illogical, you haven't provided any proof or evidence that he is insincere in his beliefs. Nor have you provided and evidence that any individual has been hurt by Mr. Mourain and the practices you allege. This just ain't critical analysis.

Quote How about 'Matthew Mournian: Deluded New Age Savior?'
    Well, that is certainly an improvement over the current thread title, however, I still have to wonder what that is even a worthy topic of discussion here on Avalon when there are so many others out there like him and they aren't doing any demonstrable harm to the world.

I don't think I have any more to say on this topic, except that Project Avalon sometimes does a really good job at delivering pie in the face to the people who most need it: e.g. Corey Goode, Henry Kissinger, and the dude pictured below. I just hope that we will show some good judgement about who receives those pies and how hard they should be thrown.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

GroovieBean (30th December 2020), Mike (28th December 2020)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Great video Chris Never saw that one before. Had to watch it twice. Glorious.

Based on all the posts I've read of yours here on Avalon, I know you to be a kind, heart-centered man. You telling me you do energy healings doesn't change my opinion of you at all. In fact, it confirms what I already assume to be true about you. However, if you started charging exorbitant fees for those healings and declared yourself the chosen emissary from an astral counsel to take down the bad guys, I would get a little skeptical. Mix all that in with some highly dubious, self-aggrandizing, pseudo-professional labels ("multidimensional healer"), and some highly dubious, new-age-word-salad'y monetization of things like "blueflame attunement process", and I would be forced to update my thinking, ok?

See what I mean? I don't think I need a lie detector test to prove he's either A) insincere, or B) mad. Because it's self-evident in his speech and actions.

I can't offer you any proof that his readings/clearings/workshops have caused any harm (yet) but the futility of the stuff he's offering also appears self-evident to me. And the prices, irrational. Here's the thing: attempting to make a living in spirituality is oxymoronic, because by it's very nature spirituality represents service to others. Not service if you pay me; not service if you register here; not service if you jump the paywall; not service if you attend my workshop.

He's monetizing everything, and then some. That's a huge red flag. It would be one thing if he offered some psychic readings or something like that, and charged $50 a pop. That's reasonable. But he's shamelessly invented an entire catologue of new age gobbeldygook and has the balls to charge $500 for some of the services. He's not trying to assist people in the spirit of service, he's trying to build a new age empire. And that's my problem with him
    Last edited by Mike; 28th December 2020 at 23:44.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Constance (29th December 2020), GroovieBean (30th December 2020), Kryztian (28th December 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (3rd January 2021)

37. Link to Post #19
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Deborah (ahamkara)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 times in 417 posts

There seems to be a lot of energy put into this thread by a few people. Do we have evidence that Avalonians are being taken advantage of? If not, I’m not sure that things left alone tend to sort themselves out. I seem to remember some issues with other public figures (Simon Parke) where Avalonians had direct experience and shared that to prevent others being abused. Is that the case here? Just my observation.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deborah (ahamkara) For This Post:

Kryztian (3rd January 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (3rd January 2021), Mike (2nd January 2021)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Deborah (ahamkara) (here)
    There seems to be a lot of energy put into this thread by a few people. Do we have evidence that Avalonians are being taken advantage of? If not, I’m not sure that things left alone tend to sort themselves out. I seem to remember some issues with other public figures (Simon Parke) where Avalonians had direct experience and shared that to prevent others being abused. Is that the case here? Just my observation.

Well the thread is only one page long and until now no one had posted here in 4 days. There isn't that much energy being put into it. It likely would have faded away left to it's own devices. The only person putting energy into it is Chris. He says he wants to protect the forum, and I believe he is sincere in that, but his approach doesn't make sense to me. I'm offering my opinion on Matthew for precisely the same reason. I'm saying, hey, watch out for this guy, I don't think this guy is quite right, and here are the reasons why.. It's that simple. Nothing needs to be sorted out. There are an endless number of public figures we've helped expose here over the years that haven't had direct experience with Avalon members. Besides, I don't get why that should be any kind of standard anyway.

Chris or anyone else is free to start their own Matthew Mournian thread if they wish, and they can talk all about what a swell guy they think he is till their heart's content.
    Last edited by Mike; 2nd January 2021 at 22:08.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast