Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why is the world so beautiful?

1. Link to Post #21
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Default Re: Why is the world so beautiful?

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 19:01.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Anka (28th December 2020), Bill Ryan (29th December 2020), Franny (28th December 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,443 times in 1,007 posts

I live close to nature, the richness of nature's beauty is a harmony in full life design.

Because,

Everything is alive

And it's more than I can say...
    And all this to be just human.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th December 2020), Constance (28th December 2020)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,486 times in 1,711 posts

It is, but also the opposite, cruel beyond belief. Those who have experienced
    the other side know better.
    Maybe better to go beyond that and look on a brighter side.
    It's great for a lot of people but certainly not all.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Anka (29th December 2020), Bill Ryan (29th December 2020), Constance (29th December 2020)

7. Link to Post #24
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    It takes a certain level of consciousness to perceive beauty. When the first human being looked out over the plains and viewed the mountains, sky and the animals he did not know that this was the world. That truly was the moment of creation.
    rgray222, I always enjoy reading your posts.

Would you include animals as having the ability to perceive beauty?

Here's a story...

At our local museum in Melbourne Victoria, there is an indoor section where lots of live birds live under the canopy of trees. There is one little male bowerbird who collects everything blue. Visitors leave him all kinds of small blue objects. The male bowerbird collects blue objects to attract the female bowerbird. One day, my son and I were at the museum and we happened upon this section. We were checking him and his collection out when the bowerbird spied my sons very intensely blue t-shirt. We watched as he carefully eyed my son's t-shirt. You could tell that there was an enormous appreciation for that coloured t-shirt by the way he hopped closer to get a better look! At one stage, I thought we might have to donate the t-shirt because the bird was very enamoured with it.

Quote Posted by Karen (Geophyz) (here)

Last night I sat on the ground with my dog and my horse and we watched the sun go down. They seemed to enjoy it. It was peaceful and quiet, the world was in complete isostasy for just a little while. Perhaps some would say the dog and the horse were there because I was there. I am not sure. But there we were, the three of us watching the sky flash brilliant colors and finally die into darkness. We sat there in the quiet for a few minutes after the show was over. Just listening. And breathing. I wish the entire world could be as peaceful as that moment.
    That was very beautiful Karen.
    The answer to your question is I don't know. At times I think they do but I then wonder if this is wishful thinking on my behalf. I have long thought that mankind has seriously underestimated the intelligence and the consciousness of animals. I don't know how far that intelligence or consciousness goes before it is confused with sexual selection or even natural selection. Of course,the same argument could be made for mankind, to get dressed up and go dancing (men & women) at a party or a club is really about sexual selection.

Whoever can figure this out will have their name appearing in all the natural science books and publications right next to Darwins (lol),

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Anka (29th December 2020), Bill Ryan (29th December 2020), Constance (29th December 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2