+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Favorite time travel movies?

1. Link to Post #41
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

Default Re: Favorite time travel movies?

Quote Posted by Lilyofthestars (here)
    @InnocentWarrior, What I was more referring to was her courage to tell such a tremendous story of such a pure soul. I also believe there are elements of truth to the concept of original angels incarnate. But also not something I wish to get into a debate about. I find her one of the most courageous women in writing, and as a matter of subjective opinion, on the scale of genius. My apologies if you feel the word wasn't warranted. I merely wanted to share the trailer for anyone who hasn't dived into the show. Its great that you love the series. I also appreciate your comments regarding pure souls being exploited by such advancements. Its already happening and I'm well aware of some of the technologies being deployed.

Quote because there exists on this planet highly advanced technology and pure humans are needed to operate it. It is important to be aware of this moving forward in these times, so pure souls aren’t exploited to nefarious ends.
    Indeed. But, did you mean that those that have invented such advanced technologies need pure souls to make it work? Or that those that invented said technologies are pure? If its the latter, I most certainly wouldn't agree. If its the first, I've discovered this myself and have seen evidence of it unfortunately.

Quote I assure you, the beings behind these agendas hold nothing about humans as sacred.
    This is a very true statement! The OA isn't so far from the truth regarding what they've been reverse engineering for decades.
    Hello!

No apologies or concerns are necessary, I wasn’t addressing anyone in particular, beyond the first paragraph of my post.

The genius point is a matter of opinion and warrants no more weight than that, an opinion. Also, you see a courageous writer, I see a story written for a particular kind of audience, perhaps both perspectives are accurate, such is the beauty of the uniqueness of individuals.

About operating the tech, no, I didn’t mean the latter hahaha. Yes, I agree with your view on this and find the more recent agendas aimed at experiencers unsettling, which was what motivated me to write my post.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th January 2022), Harmony (13th January 2022), Lilyofthestars (13th January 2022), Pam (13th January 2022)

3. Link to Post #42
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,987 times in 562 posts

This movie was a nice distraction watched it with my daughter over Christmas.

One major caveat: You can only revisit and revise portions of your own life. Or as Nighy puts it, "You can't kill Hitler or shag Helen of Troy." That Tim tends to go into a Narnia-esque wardrobe to begin his detours into the past adds a quaintly homey touch that is light years away from Star Trek or even H.G. Wells.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mizo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th January 2022), Innocent Warrior (15th January 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (13th January 2022), mountain_jim (14th January 2022)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member Lilyofthestars's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 times in 163 posts

Ah, there is one more film trailer to share - "Interstellar" is one of the most amazing films I've ever seen. Once again, while not about time travel per se, this one is essentially the same idea where because time is relative, simply traveling the waves of space/time the characters must skillfully plan their journey back home as "a few hours" in certain zones of space, such as while nearing the event horizon of a black hole, equates to many years having gone by on Earth. In a quest to save humanity the team is sent to explore other parts of the galaxy to find a "new home" due to Earth becoming uninhabitable from climate change disaster. I won't spoil the rest in case anyone decides to watch it..

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lilyofthestars For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th January 2022), Innocent Warrior (15th January 2022), mountain_jim (14th January 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3