Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do Not Resuscitate

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,323 times in 192 posts

Default Do Not Resuscitate

I am very alarmed at how a lot of the elderly going into hospital have a DNR on their notes without their families approval.

For example: Two members of my family and a former neighbours mother all had DNR put on their notes without family permission.

Back in 1999 I had an elderly lodger in his eighties. He was an ex-military commander.
    Unfortunately he had a fall in the bathroom and laid there for several hours as I was at work at the time.

When I got home I said I’ll call an ambulance just in case he has something there which was broken or dislocated (nothing was broken or dislocated)
    He begged me not to call an ambulance because he said that he would be bumped off in hospital.
    I called the ambulance anyway.
    He was correct, he never came back home. They said he died of natural causes.

I wish that I had believed him and question him more about why he thought they would bump him off.

Two members of my family have had DNR on their notes who have both died. This relates to Bournemouth Hospital in Dorset, UK.

My previous neighbours mother had a DNR on her notes and she did die.
    Her daughter complained bitterly but to no avail.
    Her mother was in Dorset County Hospital, Dorchester, Dorset, UK.

I thought that the reasons doctors do their jobs is to preserve life.

Please don’t get me wrong, there are a lot of good Doctors out there!

There does seem to be some kind of hidden agenda to bump off the elderly for whatever reasons.

I wonder if there are any nurses out there who disagree with DNR and how they deal with going against preservation of life.

Premeditated mass murder of old people worldwide - David Icke talks with real journalist Jacqui Deevoy
    https://www.bitchute.com/video/H2SciJCvXgV5/
    Last edited by Rosco1; 8th January 2021 at 19:59.

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Rosco1 For This Post:

Arcturian108 (8th January 2021), avid (8th January 2021), Bill Ryan (8th January 2021), Brenya (8th January 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (8th January 2021), Gracy (8th January 2021), Harmony (8th January 2021), Icare (8th January 2021), Ioneo (8th January 2021), Journeyman (8th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (8th January 2021), Kryztian (8th January 2021), Maknocktomb (8th January 2021), pueblo (8th January 2021), Reinhard (8th January 2021), rgray222 (8th January 2021), Sadieblue (8th January 2021), selinam (8th January 2021), Sue (Ayt) (8th January 2021), TomKat (8th January 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,279 times in 2,100 posts

Default Re: Do Not Resuscitate

It is with this vein of thinking why I think that they are pushing the vaccine to the elderly in care homes - they will just say that the new strain of covid came through and killed everyone and then they will continue the lockdown measures on the world.

I do not see a stop unless "we, all the people" unite and stop this.

Go and check on the DNR status if you have someone in a hospital or care home and have it changed if it is there.

Mark a day on the calendar - a day when everyone will go and open their business. Employees go expecting to work and people go to the local businesses to use them. We all need do this together.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Alan (8th January 2021), Arcturian108 (8th January 2021), Bill Ryan (8th January 2021), Blacklight43 (8th January 2021), DaveToo (9th January 2021), Harmony (8th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (8th January 2021), pueblo (8th January 2021), Reinhard (8th January 2021), rgray222 (8th January 2021), Rosco1 (8th January 2021), Sadieblue (8th January 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 times in 639 posts

Quote Two members of my family have had DNR on their notes who have both died. This relates to Bournemouth Hospital in Dorset, UK.
    This may vary between countries, but in the United States, DNR orders are a statement that the patient has made in consultation with their doctor. In other words, nobody has a DNR that has not explicitly asked their doctor for it, and no doctor can sign a DNR for a patient unless the patient has a terminal disease or condition.

They also expire. In the United States, DNR's at maximum last for a year. We are supposed to check one, if presented, both for validity (signatures and form) and for expiration date.

6. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Old Student (here)
    Quote Two members of my family have had DNR on their notes who have both died. This relates to Bournemouth Hospital in Dorset, UK.
    This may vary between countries, but in the United States, DNR orders are a statement that the patient has made in consultation with their doctor. In other words, nobody has a DNR that has not explicitly asked their doctor for it, and no doctor can sign a DNR for a patient unless the patient has a terminal disease or condition.

They also expire. In the United States, DNR's at maximum last for a year. We are supposed to check one, if presented, both for validity (signatures and form) and for expiration date.
    I don't doubt that that is how the rules are and how it should work, but I wouldn't sit back and expect that to be respected. Nothing wrong with having a look and checking for yourselves.

There was a video, I think in the spring last year early virus time in the U.S. where a nurse had a hidden camera and recorded conversations about mass DNR orders....it is on this site somewhere.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2021), Harmony (8th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (8th January 2021), Old Student (8th January 2021), pueblo (8th January 2021), rgray222 (8th January 2021), Rosco1 (8th January 2021), ulli (8th January 2021)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 times in 639 posts

Quote I don't doubt that that is how the rules are and how it should work, but I wouldn't sit back and expect that to be respected.
    With all due respect, I wrote that because that is my training. I am required to honor a DNR if it is presented, and if it is valid and if it is not expired. It means what it says:
    "Do Not Resuscitate." It has nothing to do with terminating people, only with not performing CPR or administering an AED if a person's heart is not beating.

Otherwise, we are required to start and continue CPR unless and until certain conditions happen.

I'm sorry if you have heard otherwise, but what you have heard is garbage if it somehow includes "mass DNR orders". There is no such thing. DNRs are specific to individuals and have to be cosigned by the patient.

9. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote I don't doubt that that is how the rules are and how it should work, but I wouldn't sit back and expect that to be respected.
    With all due respect, I wrote that because that is my training. I am required to honor a DNR if it is presented, and if it is valid and if it is not expired. It means what it says:
    "Do Not Resuscitate." It has nothing to do with terminating people, only with not performing CPR or administering an AED if a person's heart is not beating.

Otherwise, we are required to start and continue CPR unless and until certain conditions happen.

I'm sorry if you have heard otherwise, but what you have heard is garbage if it somehow includes "mass DNR orders". There is no such thing. DNRs are specific to individuals and have to be cosigned by the patient.
    I understand, and I expected to find the video easier, but I have been distracted as well.

When I said mass order, it was only across the whole floor that she was working. She was only reporting on the hospital where she worked. I will ty to find the video.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2021), Harmony (8th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (8th January 2021), Rosco1 (8th January 2021)

11. Link to Post #7
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,271 times in 21,090 posts

Exclamation Re: Do Not Resuscitate

Is it "please Do Not Resuscitate" (like a request) ... or is it Do Not Resuscitate Order? ... on who's authority?

if it is the latter ... change your post title to: Do Not Resuscitate Order as we live in a "new normal" where more and more dictates & orders are followed by obedient brain-dead authoritarians.

cheers,
    John
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 8th January 2021 at 19:24.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2021), Harmony (8th January 2021), Journeyman (9th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (8th January 2021), Rosco1 (8th January 2021)

13. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,027 times in 2,189 posts

Quote Posted by Rosco1 (here)
    I am very alarmed at how a lot of the elderly going into hospital have a DNR on their notes without their families approval.

For example: Two members of my family and a former neighbours mother all had DNR put on their notes without family permission.

Back in 1999 I had an elderly lodger in his eighties. He was an ex-military commander.
    Unfortunately he had a fall in the bathroom and laid there for several hours as I was at work at the time.

When I got home I said I’ll call an ambulance just in case he has something there which was broken or dislocated (nothing was broken or dislocated)
    He begged me not to call an ambulance because he said that he would be bumped off in hospital.
    I called the ambulance anyway.
    He was correct, he never came back home. They said he died of natural causes.

I wish that I had believed him and question him more about why he thought they would bump him off.

Two members of my family have had DNR on their notes who have both died. This relates to Bournemouth Hospital in Dorset, UK.

My previous neighbours mother had a DNR on her notes and she did die.
    Her daughter complained bitterly but to no avail.
    Her mother was in Dorset County Hospital, Dorchester, Dorset, UK.

I thought that the reasons doctors do their jobs is to preserve life.

Please don’t get me wrong, there are a lot of good Doctors out there!

There does seem to be some kind of hidden agenda to bump off the elderly for whatever reasons.

I wonder if there are any nurses out there who disagree with DNR and how they deal with going against preservation of life.

Premeditated mass murder of old people worldwide - David Icke talks with real journalist Jacqui Deevoy
    https://www.bitchute.com/video/H2SciJCvXgV5/
    I offer this perspective on the subject because it is different from your experience.

When my fathers passed away he had a DNR but yet the paramedics and the EMS came to the house and made heroic efforts to resuscitate him which was against his wishes. I was not at his house when he passed. My sister said there were 11 people in the house from several different emergency services, police, fire, ems, etc. She told them that he had a DNR but they stated that if it was not posted (it was not) in a very visible location or if the occupants of the house could not find it right away then they were under obligation of law to make every effort to save that person. It took her a few minutes to find the paperwork and by then they had determined that he passed.
    Last edited by rgray222; 8th January 2021 at 20:52.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (8th January 2021), Harmony (8th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (8th January 2021), Rosco1 (8th January 2021), Rosemarie (8th January 2021), Tangri (8th January 2021)

15. Link to Post #9
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

I have been instructed not to resuscitate my wife if she has another episode. Ever since being ventilated, and in a forced coma for six days, she has nightmares. She has PTSD about having had her life saved. It is a nasty, terrible procedure. Her lungs have been damaged by the procedure and her larynx is forever scared - her voice has changed.

It is a torture of the highest order.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2021), DaveToo (9th January 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (8th January 2021), Harmony (8th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (8th January 2021), rgray222 (8th January 2021), Rosemarie (8th January 2021), Sue (Ayt) (9th January 2021), TargeT (8th January 2021)

17. Link to Post #10
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

I have a standing DNR... if im gone im gone.... no need for machines.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Anka (8th January 2021), Bill Ryan (8th January 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (8th January 2021), Ernie Nemeth (8th January 2021), Harmony (8th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (8th January 2021), Rosco1 (8th January 2021), Sue (Ayt) (9th January 2021)

19. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,323 times in 192 posts

When there is a DNR order in place it should mean the patient does not want to be resuscitated, period!

The only time it should be applied is if family members agree to it if the patient is incapable of doing so, for example dementia etc.

Doctors should not put a DNR order on without consulting family members or if the patient is of sound mind and they themselves have asked for it to be on their notes.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rosco1 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (8th January 2021), Ernie Nemeth (8th January 2021), Harmony (8th January 2021), Journeyman (9th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (8th January 2021), TargeT (8th January 2021)

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,490 times in 32,926 posts

...and have to be cosigned by the patient.
    That might be the discriminant here.
    1. If the patient has agreed not to be resuscitated, then that's their sovereign choice.
    2. If they haven't agreed, it's a form of homicide by non-action.
    The Hippocratic Oath: "First, do no harm."

22. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Anka (8th January 2021), Brenya (9th January 2021), DaveToo (9th January 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (8th January 2021), Harmony (8th January 2021), Journeyman (9th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (8th January 2021), kudzy (9th January 2021), rgray222 (8th January 2021), Rosemarie (8th January 2021), Tangri (8th January 2021), TargeT (8th January 2021), Yoda (8th January 2021)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

Quote Posted by Patient (here)
    It is with this vein of thinking why I think that they are pushing the vaccine to the elderly in care homes - they will just say that the new strain of covid came through and killed everyone and then they will continue the lockdown measures on the world.

I do not see a stop unless "we, all the people" unite and stop this.

Go and check on the DNR status if you have someone in a hospital or care home and have it changed if it is there.

Mark a day on the calendar - a day when everyone will go and open their business. Employees go expecting to work and people go to the local businesses to use them. We all need do this together.
    You are safe for now, I have contacts in the system whom standings fundamentally oppose this kind evilism. " The Hippocratic Oath: "First, do no harm."

Canada is safe until some other arrangement is made.
    Last edited by Tangri; 8th January 2021 at 20:43. Reason: adding Bill's post as a quote, grammar corr
    Love and Hope

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

Anka (8th January 2021), Bill Ryan (8th January 2021), Harmony (8th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (8th January 2021)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    I have been instructed not to resuscitate my wife if she has another episode. Ever since being ventilated, and in a forced coma for six days, she has nightmares. She has PTSD about having had her life saved. It is a nasty, terrible procedure. Her lungs have been damaged by the procedure and her larynx is forever scared - her voice has changed.

It is a torture of the highest order.
    Jehovah witness roots?
    Love and Hope

26. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

...ouch...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2021)

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

...ouch...
    Sorry, It was my reflexive respond. Please accept my apologize, if it was offensive.

Mod note from Bill:
    Yes, that was offensive. Callous, even. Make insensitive remarks like that ever again, and you're out.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 8th January 2021 at 20:57.
    Love and Hope

29. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Maybe you don't understand. My wife wakes up in the middle of the night screaming. Crying about what happened during those six days in coma. She fought to get back to consciousness but was confused by the drugs. She doesn't understand. There were demons in her dreams. Critters from another world that we usually take care of with our subconscious. But her subconscious was forcibly shut down, her will was violated, and in her confusion she was both set upon by creatures and thought she was in hell, literally!

But ya, it must be a religious thing, 'cause who would deride a modern medical intervention with only the best interest of the patient at heart, right? Why did you not label me an anti-vaxer? That at least would have been accurate...

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

avid (8th January 2021), Bill Ryan (8th January 2021), Harmony (8th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (8th January 2021), Patient (8th January 2021), Sue (Ayt) (9th January 2021)

31. Link to Post #18
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,886 times in 612 posts

Maybe you don't understand. My wife wakes up in the middle of the night screaming. Crying about what happened during those six days in coma. She fought to get back to consciousness but was confused by the drugs. She doesn't understand. There were demons in her dreams. Critters from another world that we usually take care of with our subconscious. But her subconscious was forcibly shut down, her will was violated, and in her confusion she was both set upon by creatures and thought she was in hell, literally!

But ya, it must be a religious thing, 'cause who would deride a modern medical intervention with only the best interest of the patient at heart, right? Why did you not label me an anti-vaxer? That at least would have been accurate...
    I am sending calming thoughts and hugs to your wife.
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2021), Brenya (9th January 2021), Harmony (8th January 2021), Journeyman (9th January 2021), Strat (8th January 2021)

33. Link to Post #19
    Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rosco1 (here)

This started after Obamacare was passed, and I know they said there would be no death panels, and, to my knowledge, there are no formal ones, but there is a definite push to get rid of the elderly and the chronically infirm.

My mother who is elderly broke her arm just below the shoulder four years ago. We got her to the ER and the first thing they asked was if she had a DNR. I felt insulted and said, "NO." What followed was worse--the ER doctor, who seemed as though he was put-out by needing to care for her, said he was not going to admit her. Her regular doctor was out of the states on vacation. He sent her home with her arm in a sling. The upper arm bone, just below the shoulder was severed--hanging free--he sent her home. We were beside ourselves. She has top insurance plus Medicare. Her regular doc was back the next week and he wasn't happy with her being sent home. He transferred her to a sports medicine specialist and the care got better from there.

Hospitals are penalized for "readmissions" who are released from the hospital and then return and die. It's part of Obamacare, which I kind of think is behind the hospitals not wanting to admit them in the first place.

Patients are being pushed into Hospice. A different doctor from that same hospital told my dad he needed to go home and go on Hospice. My dad said he wasn't ready to die. The doctor said, "You gotta die sometime." Just incredibly insensitive. When a patient goes on Hospice, they get no more treatments. They only get palliative care, which means only pain relief. The doctors push them into Hospice and, without treatment for pneumonia, whatever, sure, they're going to die. I get it that we have a lot of retirees now that the Baby Boomers are moving into retirement and fewer younger workers in comparison, but we can do better.

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Brenya For This Post:

avid (8th January 2021), Bill Ryan (8th January 2021), DaveToo (9th January 2021), Harmony (8th January 2021), Journeyman (9th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (8th January 2021), Patient (8th January 2021), rgray222 (8th January 2021), Sue (Ayt) (9th January 2021)

35. Link to Post #20
    Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

That's actually based on state guidelines, not federal guidelines. In some states, such as Texas, they don't expire and can be written into a living will. Not all DNRs indicate the patient discussed the matter with a doctor--many states allow a patient to have an attorney draw up a DNR and then have their physician sign off on it. In some cases, the patient discusses it with a nurse. The doctor is needed to add it to the patient's file, however.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brenya For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2021), DaveToo (9th January 2021), Harmony (8th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (8th January 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast