Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Quebec now endures 8pm curfew

1. Link to Post #21
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 times in 1,706 posts

Default Re: Quebec now endures 8pm curfew

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Areas where the public can gather are the perfect place to spread...immunity. Exposed and done with. We can't have that. We have to save our nurses from long hard hours of doing their job, we're told.

One thing we know, very few will die from covid, and only a small fraction will even contract the so-called disease if exposed.

Here's a thought. Why not do an experiment. Get ten covid patients in a room. Send in a healthy individual. Time how long before or if they catch the virus. Then extrapolate proper precautions based on empirical data.

Oh right, we don't do that either. Too determinative, not enough wiggle room.
    The experiment is done thousands of times a day around the world with 'front-line workers' treating Covid patients in hospitals and nursing homes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (12th January 2021)

3. Link to Post #22
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

And how many are getting sick?
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

DaveToo (12th January 2021)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by DaveToo (here)
    Areas where the public can gather are the perfect place to spread...immunity. Exposed and done with. We can't have that. We have to save our nurses from long hard hours of doing their job, we're told.

One thing we know, very few will die from covid, and only a small fraction will even contract the so-called disease if exposed.

Here's a thought. Why not do an experiment. Get ten covid patients in a room. Send in a healthy individual. Time how long before or if they catch the virus. Then extrapolate proper precautions based on empirical data.

Oh right, we don't do that either. Too determinative, not enough wiggle room.
    The experiment is done thousands of times a day around the world with 'front-line workers' treating Covid patients in hospitals and nursing homes.
    That's hardly controlled enough to get proper data from though ...
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

DaveToo (12th January 2021)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

I would say that is a point in my favor, though.

The fact that front line workers have been on the front line for almost a year now proves that this disease is not that infectious. Also, that some have developed resistance by being exposed. Like so many nurses in the states especially are claiming, 'Why would I get a vaccine for a disease that has not made me sick in almost a year? The cure is a worse risk than the disease.' More than half of front line nurses, and a growing number of doctors, are refusing the vaccine on those grounds.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

DaveToo (13th January 2021), DeDukshyn (13th January 2021), fifi (14th January 2021), Olam (13th January 2021), Patient (14th January 2021)

9. Link to Post #25
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 times in 1,706 posts

I would say that is a point in my favor, though.

The fact that front line workers have been on the front line for almost a year now proves that this disease is not that infectious. Also, that some have developed resistance by being exposed. Like so many nurses in the states especially are claiming, 'Why would I get a vaccine for a disease that has not made me sick in almost a year? The cure is a worse risk than the disease.' More than half of front line nurses, and a growing number of doctors, are refusing the vaccine on those grounds.
    BINGO!

And why in the world would anyone take a vaccine that the manufacturer says won't give you immunity?

THAT is the trillion dollar question!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

DeDukshyn (13th January 2021), Ernie Nemeth (13th January 2021), Olam (13th January 2021)

11. Link to Post #26
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

And now Ontario has issued "Stay at Home Order".

It is based on 'projections' - what "could" happen.

With this type of "what if" logic, they could base it on anything. (I know that covid-19 is a real thing, but this is starting to feel ...silly.)

I am currently looking for links that define what the restrictions are completely. The article I just read wasn't even worth posting.

So far as I understand; essential businesses only. (But I thought we were already doing that.) They have added a curfew - no shopping before 7am and you must be home before 8pm. Walking your pets outside is ok. Exercising outside is ok.

But the Premier of Ontario Doug Fords said..."Enforcement and inspection will be increased and an inspection blitz at big-box stores will begin in the coming days."

An inspection blitz at big box stores? I guess they are going to check that the floor stickers are up to date?

Oh, and that people are keeping a shopping cart in between each other.

12. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

I did not hear of the curfew part. As far as I know we are in lock down with personal discretion. No curfew.

13. Link to Post #28
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

I did not hear of the curfew part. As far as I know we are in lock down with personal discretion. No curfew.
    Yes, I just found that it is stores that need to be closed by 8pm.

"The restricted hours of operation do not apply to stores that primarily sell food, pharmacies, gas stations, convenience stores, and restaurants for takeout or delivery."

14. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by patient (here)
    police show heavy presence fining people who were outside after 8pm.
    Saw a video where police cars driving slowly through neighbourhoods with sirens blaring just to incite fear obviously.
    trudeau act 2
    take 5 5issy-boy trudeau plays daddy's role
    ----------------------------------------------------------roll 'em !
    October crisis pierre elliot trudeau the metrosexual declares martial law, police in mass, national guard, curfews, civil liberties suspended ... Cia wants to stop separatist quebecouis because they would own st lawrence seaway shipping to usa
    because homosexuality is illegal cia-mafia gets trudeau to become pm faking election

anybody see the resemlance here ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2