+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do you think the small satellite market will grow?

1. Link to Post #1
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default How do you think the small satellite market will grow?

The global small satellite market will grow from $ 2.8 billion in 2020 to $ 7.1 billion in 2025, with a CAGR of 20.5%, according to a new report from ResearchAndMarkets.

This market is determined by various factors, such as the growing demand for Earth remote sensing services, in particular, space imagery and analytics. The market is also affected by the increase in the number of space exploration missions.

Earth observation and remote sensing is the fastest-growing segment of the small satellite market. The growth of this segment is due to the compactness of small satellites that provide effective Earth observation and remote sensing.

Due to their compactness, small satellites are ideal for observing the Earth and tracking weather events such as hurricanes and other natural disasters. Also, it is important to be able to provide information with a relatively small time delay.

In connection with the above, I would like to ask your opinion on the possible growth of new space companies, whose actions are narrowly focused on the small satellite market and everything connected with it. Is explosive growth possible?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TommyJ For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (12th January 2021), The Moss Trooper (12th January 2021), toppy (12th January 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: How do you think the small satellite market will grow?

It may be worth clarifying or expanding the question. I'm curious about your opinion on a few things related to these predictions.
    First, despite the massive growth of the space industry in general, is there anything revolutionary about it? And will it be? Or we will only see a growing number of companies competing with each other.
    Second, we see a lot of news in the media about new attempts to create a stable and compact nuclear engine for completely different classes of missiles. Are these developments worth the effort in your opinion? (For example, like this one "Rolls Royce and UK Space Agency launch study into nuclear powered space exploration")

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TommyJ For This Post:

The Moss Trooper (12th January 2021), toppy (12th January 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,838 times in 650 posts

Default Re: How do you think the small satellite market will grow?

Hi Tommy,

I'm afraid I know next to nothing of this market so cannot contribute anything worthwhile to your questions......... It is a very interesting subject though, and I hope that some of the more knowledgable Avalonians in this field will see this thread and chime in.

Regards.
    May your Spirit stay unbroken, may you not be deterred.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The Moss Trooper For This Post:

TommyJ (13th January 2021)

+ Reply to Thread