+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weird and interesting Lock-down induced thoughts & observations

1. Link to Post #1
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,663 times in 1,521 posts

Default Weird and interesting Lock-down induced thoughts & observations

I'll start.

Lucky & blessed to have on-going work, but more from home than not over the last ten months.

Working in the company of two cats who are related. This has been an interesting opportunity to observe. I am not sure I can say that my love & respect for Felines has increased.

As per cats in nature they really do sleep most of the time. They seem to confine themselves to the table near me, but there is not a lot of space and this has set up a competition dynamic.

They really do respect each other's personal space. If there is a soft item to lie on, they take it, share intermittently but also fight over it.

They adore peace & quiet, but really its all about food. When is the next meal?

They will not lie with faces near each other. Their etiquette around food is based on equal sharing, this looks quite civilised.

Maybe they have a no-holds-barred party lifestyle at night, after all they are nocturnal. But I wonder...

I am sure some will have much more interesting and entertaining anecdotes to share...
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2021), Bluegreen (18th January 2021), Ioneo (16th January 2021), Jayke (15th January 2021), Journeyman (15th January 2021), Mare (18th January 2021), selinam (15th January 2021), toppy (16th January 2021), XelNaga (18th January 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,663 times in 1,521 posts

Default Re: Weird and interesting Lock-down induced thoughts & observations

There was one spooky night early on in the lock down, the city was eerily quiet , about one AM. In our tight packed little street this deep voice boomed out from the dark.

Really it was loud enough to wake people .

‘ you have all been conned, this pandemic is fake, wake up people, etc’

It really added to the spooky surrealism of 2020.
    Last edited by Baby Steps; 15th January 2021 at 21:38.
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2021), Bluegreen (18th January 2021), Jayke (15th January 2021), Mare (18th January 2021), pueblo (15th January 2021), selinam (15th January 2021), toppy (16th January 2021), XelNaga (18th January 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,168 times in 10,101 posts

Default Re: Weird and interesting Lock-down induced thoughts & observations

Weird and interesting Lock-down induced thoughts & observations

LMFAO

Quote Director Mickey Finnegan described the music video concept: "There's been an epidemic, the world has gone crazy, as soon as the song came out, everyone got possessed and all they want to do is to shuffle, everyone is a shuffler."

The Black Plague (1347-1351)
    Shepherds would return from the field to find their family, most of the village, dead

I read about an unusual but not uncommon "dancing sickness" occurring, where grieving and in shock family members would drape the bones of relatives about their bodies and dance from town to town

The origins of "Sally Go Round The Roses" has been traced to the English Black Death of 1665

Welcome to the lifeboat party

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Baby Steps (23rd January 2021), Icare (18th January 2021), Mare (18th January 2021)

+ Reply to Thread